Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Peking Duck Day

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Upon dubbing Thanksgiving “the most dangerous day of the year,” Devon and Irving are inundated with patients in the ER. When an A-list celebrity enters the hospital after swallowing a wish bone, Logan Kim assigns a new surgeon to the case in the hopes of garnering extra publicity. Meanwhile, tensions run high at the Raptor home when he hosts his biological and adoptive families for a Thanksgiving dinner and Kyle interrupts Nic and Conrad’s low-key plans.

Airdate: 11/26/2019

God, Red Rock Rep sucks. I am all for Bell telling him to ask nicely. That was awesome to see, but I fully expect some sort of retaliation. 

Speaking of, after RRR and Cain's conversation about Conrad, when is he getting fired or whatever they were planning to do? I guess Evil Schemes take time to enact? 

AJ's story is still extremely strong. His family Thanksgiving was so fun to see. The brothers weren't total assholes and were reasonable with their concerns. I kind of liked the mother vs mother thing going on. I loved AJ's response to one of his brothers saying that he wasn't Chinese. I honestly can't praise this show enough for its wonderful handling of adoption. 

I did feel bad for Nic and Kyle for their first holiday without Jessie. Even if I didn't like Jessie, they did and going through a first holiday without someone is always rough. 

I really liked what Irving and the others did for Jessica while she's been recovering. I also didn't mind the excuse they gave for her family not being there, though it's still sad for her that her family did end up going.

• Love 9

I find the 'clueless relative shows up unannounced with a stranger in tow' episodes- which seem to crop up in TV dramas far more often than they have in my life- horribly annoying, but if  Nic is so sensitive about 'first holiday without Jessica', why would she have left her father to face it alone? I hope Kyle isn't suicidal (I think he's too selfish for that).

The Raptor has a GREAT house, and I love his families.

Liking that the latest 'star' surgeon (Torres) is humble enough to be willing to sit at Bell's feet and learn a thing or two.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Liking that the latest 'star' surgeon (Torres) is humble enough to be willing to sit at Bell's feet and learn a thing or two.

I wish they'd get rid of Cain and have Torres as a replacement. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, preeya said:
10 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Hope the new cost cutting guy gets canned.

Or worse. . . . . .

Maybe he will have a medical emergency in the understaffed hospital, and no one will have time to help him.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Decent episode but I still have trouble with Bell being a "good guy"  They really need to pick a  lane for him and stick to it.  I do love him telling Red Rock guy to eff off in so many words.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Brookside said:

Am I the only one who finds smuggity smug Conrad and his raspy whisper voice sanctimonious and obnoxious?

No, you're not the only one.  His sanctimony doesn't really bother me, but my husband and I joke about his raspy whisper voice and his creepy close talking.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
21 hours ago, auntiemel said:

Oh, man. he and pre-princess Megan Markle's character from Suits could've had the quietest, most whispery romance on television if there had ever been a crossover event.

It would have been a series entitled Mumble

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I am so not a fan of Nic’s dad. Whenever I see him I just want to fast forward. What a stupid storyline to have him show up, unannounced or uninvited to their house. Maybe it’s just because I had some pretty strong boundaries with my family, but would someone actually do that? I was never a fan of Jessie and felt her storyline slowed the show down, so I am not feeling particularly sympathetic towards Nic or her dad. Believe me, if some stranger stole my favorite jewelry, I’d be running after her to get it back. 

I did really like seeing AJ and his families interact in all their awkwardness. I love how adoption isn’t brushed under the rug and there’s even some comedy about it. What a breath of fresh air. 

• Love 2

IMO a holiday dinner was not the ideal time for AJ's two families to meet; holidays can be stressful enough for family members who all know one another. If I'd been him, I'd have suggested the bio family stop by in the evening for coffee and dessert, rather than the entire meal.

• Like 1
  • Love 1