Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S28.E11: Finale

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Oh wow! Those are two of my most favorite freestyles and I watched both of them last night on YouTube after this snoozefest of a finale.

I loved Alfonso and Rashad’s freestyles as well. Also, Drew Lachey’s, Donald Driver’s and Shawn Johnson’s (with Mark).

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

48 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

She isnt an impartial  judge, she's just part of a team, that will do as they are told. 

On other seasons, I've mentioned that who goes on tour doesn't mean anything since Alek and Hayes were chosen on one of the tours.  But it's just so convenient that the top four are going on tour but not James.

TPTB definitely were pushing for Ally to at least be in the finals.  Both Cheryl and Ginger from GMA said that Ally was going to win.  This was despite her being in the bottom 2 for three weeks.  She was consistently overscored and flaws were not mentioned.  As others pointed out, I definitely saw two botched lifts in her freestyle.  However, I wasn't even that phased that she got a perfect score because the judges give perfect scores to freestyles all the time, e.g. Lauren's, Bobby's, etc.  But then Len had to give Kel a 9 for his freestyle even though it was great.  I do see his point that both dances were almost the same.  Witney should have chosen his tango or a Latin dance for his first dance.  It would also show that Kel learned something from being on DWTS.  He started out as a great hip-hop dancer.

I'm fine with a Hannah win and happy that Alan won a regular mirrorball.  After last year, I was fine with any of the top five winning.  My favorite was James.  Since he wasn't in the finals, then I wanted Hannah or Kel to win.  Lauren was my least favorite out of the five because she's the weakest and she's with Gleb.  I would have rooted for her more if she was with Artem.  If Ally would have won, then I would have been happy for Sasha.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

STFU! So out of every single season there has NEVER been the kind of shock she witnessed in the ballroom? I can think of at least 5 more wins way more shocking. She's trying to say Bobby's win wasn't as shocking?

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/carrie-ann-inaba-did-not-expect-hannah-brown-to-win-dwts/

They really need to get rid of Carrie Ann. She is coming across as kind of bitter now. I don't see how anyone could be shocked by Hannah's win. She was a great dancer who had never been in the bottom two. I think Hannah was the strongest dancer out of the final four. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

Alan has certainly paid his dues, stepping in for Derek and anyone else that was hurt. \

He's paid the dues TPTB have asked of him--including a silly showmance--but they haven't asked much compared to other pros who received less in return, imho.  (Stepping in for Mark and Maks were more 'opportunities' than 'dues', but he made the most of them.)  He's arguably their best option for a younger male pro star, in that he's capable with a personality that's well-suited for the show.  I get why the producers like him, but I hope they develop other male pros so that he doesn't become their go-to by default.

But that's a discussion for later.  For now, congrats Alan.  Nice work with Hannah, especially the freestyle that was better than what Sasha or Gleb delivered.

52 minutes ago, JenLily said:

Per the article: "The Talk moderator pointed out that 'a lot of people were shocked tonight in the ballroom,' something that she had never witnessed before on the ABC competition.

'I’ve never felt that from the ballroom when a winner was announced like tonight,' she said."

The scoring margins this week were much smaller than last week when Ally fell into the bottom 2 despite perfect scores, so Carrie Ann couldn't have reasonably believed Ally would win.  (The only surprise to me was that Lauren didn't pass her.)  Maybe Carrie Ann thought Kel would win?  Or she refused to believe that Hannah could be popular with enough voters?  Delusional, perhaps?  Personally, I found the results more anti-climactic than shocking.

At the beginning of the season, I thought ABC wanted Hannah to win.  (In hindsight, I would add "or Ally" to that mix.)  Now that it's over, I'm not so sure DWTS cared who won so long as she was female, preferably Hannah or Ally.  I mainly voted for Kel last night, but knew from the scoring that Hannah would win.  Bachelor Nation combined with high scores and additional votes from non-BN viewers made her win inevitable, imho.  (Not undeserved, but out of reach for the other finalists.)  FWIW, James or Kel would have made deserving winners, too.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

The pro I really took a huge liking to, was Pasha, he was wonderful  with Kate. 

Agreed. I hope he comes back (assuming the show comes back).

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

The judges lost all credibility with Ally's scores. What a disgrace. She slipped, she was out of step. Should have gotten no more than an 8. Hannah was definitely the best dancer left. James should have won but Hannah won fairly.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

I loved Alfonso and Rashad’s freestyles as well. Also, Drew Lachey’s, Donald Driver’s and Shawn Johnson’s (with Mark).

I watched Shawn and Mark's last night too. Apolo and Julianne & JR and Karina as well. And though it's not the fast, high-energy freestyle I usually like, I loved Erin and Maks's freestyle because lyrical contemporary was something we'd never seen on the show before.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I didn't really buy the Bachelor Nation stuff until what happened with Joe last season. I don't know if that base has gotten more rabid or what, but I think it is a valid argument to make. I doubt it was anyone besides Bachelor Nation that got her that People's Choice award and those would have been the people voting like crazy for her on this show. Yeah, she probably acquired other fans (like yourself) but I think without Bachelor Nation she wouldn't have won.

And she was never in the bottom two. Somebody needs to send this to Carrie Ann who was so shocked. But Hannah could dance unlike Bobby Bones so her winning didn't bother me. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Yet another reason this show has gone down the tubes...producers catering to these types of psychopathic lunatics. Erin's Twitter feed right now is not to be believed. I swear to God, someone just went off on her claiming that she's trying to blame Sean Spicer for her supposed non-reaction when Hannah was announced the winner.

DWTS Host Erin Andrews Defends Her Reserved Reaction to Hannah Brown's Win: 'Give Me a Break'

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Yet another reason this show has gone down the tubes...producers catering to these types of psychopathic lunatics. Erin's Twitter feed right now is not to be believed. I swear to God, someone just went off on her claiming that she's trying to blame Sean Spicer for her supposed non-reaction when Hannah was announced the winner.

DWTS Host Erin Andrews Defends Her Reserved Reaction to Hannah Brown's Win: 'Give Me a Break'

Some of those Bachelor Nation/Hannah stans are straight up psychotic and obnoxious as fuck. It’s baffling the level of stanning this so very basic chick has inspired. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, howmanywords said:

STFU! So out of every single season there has NEVER been the kind of shock she witnessed in the ballroom? I can think of at least 5 more wins way more shocking. She's trying to say Bobby's win wasn't as shocking?

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/carrie-ann-inaba-did-not-expect-hannah-brown-to-win-dwts/

She is such an ass. Stupid statements like this - that's how Hannah won. Way to fire up a voting block, Carrie Ann. Has Bobby Bones been forgotten so quickly? 🤦🏻‍♀️

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ethelbeavers said:

They really need to get rid of Carrie Ann. She is coming across as kind of bitter now. I don't see how anyone could be shocked by Hannah's win. She was a great dancer who had never been in the bottom two. I think Hannah was the strongest dancer out of the final four. 

I dont think Hannah was the strongest dancer because where she may have been more technical, the others had her beat by performing and showmanship. To be a the best dancer, u need to have the whole package and she didnt. However, her win shouldnt be shocking to noone. U can be disappointed and mad but to be shock is ridiculous because u have to look at all the factors in her favor. She was the only finalist going into the finale that never saw the bottom 2 and her fanbase is huge, biggest in the competition and Allen and her had the most viewed videos on all sm platforms. I mean to be shocked of her win, means u have no idea how the voting system works.

What I find shocking is that people actually thought Ally had chance in hell of winning with her being in bottom 3 times before the finale with perfect scores. I loved Ally and would have been so happy if Sasha could have finally won but I knew it wasnt going to happen and im sure they both knew it wasnt going to happen as they didnt seems hurt or shocked at their 3rd place position.

Edited by vdw84
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

40 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Some of those Bachelor Nation/Hannah stans are straight up psychotic and obnoxious as fuck. It’s baffling the level of stanning this so very basic chick has inspired. 

OMG, I hate her fans so much. They r ridiculous, I mean if u go reddit, they r so annoying esp. about the shipping of Alan and Hannah, who I felt had zero chemsitry, just blah.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I watched Shawn and Mark's last night too. Apolo and Julianne & JR and Karina as well. And though it's not the fast, high-energy freestyle I usually like, I loved Erin and Maks's freestyle because lyrical contemporary was something we'd never seen on the show before.

Wow I actually forgot about those so I went back and watched. Last nights freestyles seem so underwhelming now.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Damn that freestyle of whitney and kel was off the chain good but we cant give whitney full credit of the choreography. It was Kel's good friend who was in the apart of the dance crew who actually helped choreograph a good bit of that esp. the Chicago footwork. 

Dwts will never get another hiphop routine like that again. That was next level hiphop that the show want see again. It literally shutup every hiphop routine that has ever graced dwts floor.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I voted for Hannah. But I didn’t start until I saw her being called a whore and a bitch. So, thanks haters. I didn’t even watch her season of the Bachelorette, gave up when they chose Colton. I’m not a Stan, but the comments are very harsh. 

Carrie Ann needs to take a hard look at what she’s become. And the judges save needs to go. Ally could have sat on the floor last night and not moved and would have received 10’s. 

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I’m happy for Hannah and Alan. Loved Pasha. Carrie Ann is still delusional and female hating..Critique the performance but to go as low as calling Her a whore or a  bitch etc was too much. The viral hating is out of control 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Critique the performance but to go as low as calling Her a whore or a  bitch etc was too much.

Huh? What on earth are you talking about? Carrie Ann never called Hannah a whore or a bitch or any other name?!?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Huh? What on earth are you talking about? Carrie Ann never called Hannah a whore or a bitch or any other name?!?

I never said she did, but on other sites, Facebook Twitter they have. I was referring to the previous post by dbell1 Which I should’ve quoted. 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dbell1 said:

I voted for Hannah. But I didn’t start until I saw her being called a whore and a bitch. So, thanks haters. I didn’t even watch her season of the Bachelorette, gave up when they chose Colton. I’m not a Stan, but the comments are very harsh. 

Carrie Ann needs to take a hard look at what she’s become. And the judges save needs to go. Ally could have sat on the floor last night and not moved and would have received 10’s. 

Ally was called even worse than Hannah. I do feel like the women this season as a whole except kate were attacked brutally over sm. It was disgusting.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Ally was called even worse than Hannah. I do feel like the women this season as a whole except kate were attacked brutally over sm. It was disgusting.

It’s sickening. At the end of the day, it’s a fluffy reality show people used to watch for escapism. I don’t know if it’s the anonymity of hiding behind a keyboard or the culture we’re in, but it’s been brutal. Critique the dancing, but it’s been way too personal, and just makes me wonder why anyone would go on these shows. Forget social media, it’s been in here too. 

The poor guys weren’t exempt either. I saw a post today complaining about James “trying for yet another kid”.  Who says and thinks like this? 😥

Okay, off soapbox. I really want this show retooled. With less judges interfering, less social media manipulation, and less Pitbull performances.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Well, ugh. Since James got unfairly knocked out, I was hoping Kel would win.

Next season, can there please be no Bachelor/ettes? 

The judging frustrated me. Ally had two obvious fumbles, but still got a perfect score, Carrie Ann pointed out a mistake on Hannah's dance and then said "whatever" and gave her a ten anyway, and Kel's freestyle was well executed, but not Len's cup of tea, so he got a nine.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, marykat71702 said:

Well, ugh. Since James got unfairly knocked out, I was hoping Kel would win.

Next season, can there please be no Bachelor/ettes? 

The judging frustrated me. Ally had two obvious fumbles, but still got a perfect score, Carrie Ann pointed out a mistake on Hannah's dance and then said "whatever" and gave her a ten anyway, and Kel's freestyle was well executed, but not Len's cup of tea, so he got a nine.

I dont think the issue was it wasnt Lens cup of tea but he felt it was too similar to this jazz routine which had a good bit of hiphop incorporated in it as well. I would have preferred if he chosen more of traditional ballroom dance for his repeat so it could have been a better transition to his freestyle, so I can def. see where Len was going with that but at the end of the day, a freestyle is whatever u want to do and u should just judge the freestyle and not focus on other dances before that so Len should have just judged the freestyle and forgot about what Kel danced first that night.

Edited by vdw84
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Miscellaneous thoughts on the finalists:

I thought Ally's jive was noticeably improved from the first time. Her freestyle was a bit clunky to me, though, specifically with the lifts.

Lauren's shoulders were still a little high in the foxtrot, IMO, but I liked the smoothness and flow of the dance. Color me surprised, but I actually thought Gleb created a very nice freestyle for Lauren that suited her perfectly and which she executed confidently.

Hannah always looks gorgeous doing ballroom and I liked the changes Alan made to her V Waltz. Like with Gleb, I was again pleasantly surprised with the freestyle Alan came up for Hannah. I thought the music choices were great and it was very well constructed. However, unlike Lauren, I didn't feel like Hannah was as fully connected. I wanted her to dig in and let loose even more.

Kel looked in his element the entire night. However, I do have to agree with Len that I would have preferred for them to perform more contrasting dances. It would have left a more lasting impression.

As for the results, the only one that was unexpected to me was Lauren coming in 4th.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

James should have won!  They never should have saved Ally as it was clear America didn’t like her.

Since James was gone, Kel 100% should have won!  They were so deserving of that Mirrorball.

I like Hannah, but her dancing was not as good and she spent the majority of the season whining and crying instead of trying to improve.

And I feel bad for Whitney.  This is the second season in a row she got robbed.  She should have won with both Milo and Kel!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, vdw84 said:

I dont think Hannah was the strongest dancer because where she may have been more technical, the others had her beat by performing and showmanship. To be a the best dancer, u need to have the whole package and she didnt. However, her win shouldnt be shocking to noone. U can be disappointed and mad but to be shock is ridiculous because u have to look at all the factors in her favor. She was the only finalist going into the finale that never saw the bottom 2 and her fanbase is huge, biggest in the competition and Allen and her had the most viewed videos on all sm platforms. I mean to be shocked of her win, means u have no idea how the voting system works.

What I find shocking is that people actually thought Ally had chance in hell of winning with her being in bottom 3 times before the finale with perfect scores. I loved Ally and would have been so happy if Sasha could have finally won but I knew it wasnt going to happen and im sure they both knew it wasnt going to happen as they didnt seems hurt or shocked at their 3rd place position.

Ah. I think you pinpointed what was bothering me about Hannah's dancing. Hannah had great technicality but I was "meh" about her performances. I think Hannah's technique was better than everyone else's (except James), but Kel and Ally turned out stronger performances, even if they weren't as technically strong as Hannah's. I'm surprised that Ally still managed to get higher scores from Len at least compared to Hannah, considering that he in particular should be looking closely at technique.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, marykat71702 said:

Next season, can there please be no Bachelor/ettes?

I'd like this as well. In fact, I'd like it if whoever they cast isn't currently in the public eye at all. No current politicians/politician adjacents, no Bachelor/ettes that just came off their season, no TV/movie stars that are on a currently airing TV show/movie, no radio DJs that have a show currently on the air, no athletes that just won a series/medal/trophy. Wait till they're at least a year or two out of whatever made them "famous" in the first place. I feel like in this particular situation, distance makes the heart grow *less* fond and maybe we'd have a chance of having less rabid voting blocs sitting out there waiting to ruin it for the rest of us.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

The show needs the rabid voting blocs in order to set their advertising rates, I would bet.  They've manipulated and lied and made up stories so long that anybody who was voting 25 seasons ago is thoroughly fed up (or Canadian, so disenfranchised and re-enfranchised at the show's whims).  If they don't pick someone current, they don't get the same numbers.  And lord knows, their viewership numbers are falling, but if they can prove that people are still super invested with their voting numbers....

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, calipiano81 said:

Hannah always looks gorgeous doing ballroom and I liked the changes Alan made to her V Waltz. Like with Gleb, I was again pleasantly surprised with the freestyle Alan came up for Hannah. I thought the music choices were great and it was very well constructed. However, unlike Lauren, I didn't feel like Hannah was as fully connected. I wanted her to dig in and let loose even more.

In the hollaback part of Hannah's freestyle, is when she froze up. She doesnt do well with uptempo dancing. She was stiff and emotionless in her face. Her energy wasnt matching the other ladies.

This is where Ally had her beat. Yes All had some hiccups in her freestyle but she was fully in character and performance. She was feeling the music and allowed the performance to take her over. Hannah look like she was praying she didnt mess up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

All this talk about the freestyle dances got me interested in looking at some past dances!  WOW some of those were amazing!!  Some of the ones I saw last night that I loved were: (in no particular order LOL)

Bindi and Derek, Lindsey and Mark, Rashad and Emma, Alfonso and Whitney, Jordan and Lindsay, Rumor and Val, Nyle and Peta, Shawn and Mark,  even Erin and Maks (because they started the whole contemporary dance craze).  

What do y'all think- do these surpass this years dances? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

The thing that bugs me is that the finalists seem to be getting decided on who goes on tour and who doesn’t. How convenient that James was the only top five not going on their tour. While I don’t think he would have beaten Hannah, I do think he would have delivered a better freestyle than some of the others.

Truer words were never spoken! Except I absolutely think he would have won. I know they implemented the judges picking who went home to prevent another situation like Bobby Bones, but all it succeeded in doing was making it look like even worse producer manipulation. This season still ends as a farce when the arguably best and most popular dancer is sent packing by the judges one week before the final where he would almost certainly have won. And surprise, surprise, all four finalists are going on tour? I’m more pissed about this season than last - Bobby winning sucked but at least that felt honest. This year it’s obvious the producers picked the finalists. 

They need to let the public decide once it gets to the semifinals- the voting public should decide who goes to the finals, not the judges! This season turned out just as disappointing as last year for me. I don’t think I’d mind if they put it out to pasture at this point......

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, FreddieAnnie said:

Bindi and Derek, Lindsey and Mark, Rashad and Emma, Alfonso and Whitney, Jordan and Lindsay, Rumor and Val, Nyle and Peta, Shawn and Mark,  even Erin and Maks (because they started the whole contemporary dance craze).  

What do y'all think- do these surpass this years dances? 

How infinite is the universe? Throw in Kellie and Derek and some others and the answer is "by about that much".

Share this post


Link to post

The thing with James, as much as I wanted him to win, it was better for his wife and family that he not be in the finale so he could spend most of the week with them instead of rehearsing.

I'm okay with Hannah's win against the other three.  And she's only the 2nd Bachelor(ette) winner after Melissa who on All Stars. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, FreddieAnnie said:

Bindi and Derek, Lindsey and Mark, Rashad and Emma, Alfonso and Whitney, Jordan and Lindsay, Rumor and Val, Nyle and Peta, Shawn and Mark,  even Erin and Maks (because they started the whole contemporary dance craze).  

What do y'all think- do these surpass this years dances? 

I  hated Erin and Maks' freestyle for the same reason you loved it.

I think my favorite freestyle was Donald Driver and Peta.  He is also probably my favorite winner.  I also really liked Donny Osmond and Kym's freestyle.  I didn't necessarily care for Donny, but I loved the Old Hollywood/Broadway concept and choreography that Kym put into that one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, vdw84 said:

In the hollaback part of Hannah's freestyle, is when she froze up. She doesnt do well with uptempo dancing. She was stiff and emotionless in her face. Her energy wasnt matching the other ladies.

This is where Ally had her beat. Yes All had some hiccups in her freestyle but she was fully in character and performance. She was feeling the music and allowed the performance to take her over. Hannah look like she was praying she didnt mess up.

I agree.  For this season, nobody was a true ringer so we didn't have a Heather, Normani, Nicole, etc. that had great technique and good performance ability.  We did end up with good dancers though in the semis and finals which is more than I can say for recent seasons.

My favorite out of the five is James because I thought he had the best balance of technique and performance.  Hannah had great lyrical/classical technique that suited ballroom dancing.  She had beautiful lines and extensions.  As you mentioned, she didn't have the sass for something like Hollaback. 

Sass is where Ally shined.  She can walk like she owns it.  I think the biggest problem with her is that her dances always seemed frantic.  That's Sasha's choreography.  They were always so fast and there wasn't any time to really breath or extend her movements.  That's why a lot of her dances looked messy and why I think her lifts got botched.

I'm not against all fast dancing if it's clean like the fast part of Kel's freestyle.  Kel was also a great performer.  Last week, he showed weakness in his contemporary.  He doesn't move gracefully.  So he has the opposite problem as Hannah.  He did improve his ballroom frame with his tango which is why I think that it should have been his first dance.  I think he was used to hunching over because of hip-hop.  I remember Val trying to fix Zendaya's posture at the beginning because she also came in as a hip-hop dancer.

Lauren was just competent in both technique and performance.  But she wasn't a terrible dancer like Bobby or David Ross.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I think my favorite freestyle was Donald Driver and Peta.  He is also probably my favorite winner.

Totally agree. That was such a fun freestyle. I loved it. Also, Peta looked so different then, better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 11/25/2019 at 8:14 PM, scenicbyway said:

James should’ve won.  But the top four were willing to tour, he wouldn’t have been able to leave his family for 4 months.

I was fine with this group of finalists, but I absolutely HATE that the tour has lately become an unspoken factor in determining the winner (probably from S23 onward).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, JenLily said:

I'd like this as well. In fact, I'd like it if whoever they cast isn't currently in the public eye at all. No current politicians/politician adjacents, no Bachelor/ettes that just came off their season, no TV/movie stars that are on a currently airing TV show/movie, no radio DJs that have a show currently on the air, no athletes that just won a series/medal/trophy. Wait till they're at least a year or two out of whatever made them "famous" in the first place. I feel like in this particular situation, distance makes the heart grow *less* fond and maybe we'd have a chance of having less rabid voting blocs sitting out there waiting to ruin it for the rest of us.

Some of those I agree with, but you can't exclude all categories or they wouldn't find anyone to compete.  I think there will always be someone that we get stuck with most of the season that we don't like, no matter what subset of fame they come from.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Sile said:

I  hated Erin and Maks' freestyle for the same reason you loved it.

I think my favorite freestyle was Donald Driver and Peta.  He is also probably my favorite winner.  I also really liked Donny Osmond and Kym's freestyle.  I didn't necessarily care for Donny, but I loved the Old Hollywood/Broadway concept and choreography that Kym put into that one.

I need to watch those!  I have not watched all the seasons but I’m enjoying catching some of these. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, FreddieAnnie said:

I need to watch those!  I have not watched all the seasons but I’m enjoying catching some of these. 

If you haven’t watched season 8, check out any of Giles Marini’s dances. He might have been the best male dancer they ever had.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, alexa said:

Some of those I agree with, but you can't exclude all categories or they wouldn't find anyone to compete.  I think there will always be someone that we get stuck with most of the season that we don't like, no matter what subset of fame they come from.

I'm not saying exclude any subset. I'm just saying don't include anyone that may have a current massive fanbase. This season Hannah and Spicer had rabid followings because they're still (or was relatively recently) in the public eye. You could probably argue Lauren and Karamo are current as well but she's no Carrie Underwood or Kelsea Ballerini and Queer Eye doesn't have the same sort of mob following as Bachelor/ette. If they waited a few seasons and then had Hannah and Spicer it's possible that their bases wouldn't have swung the results quite as much because something newer and shinier would be occupying their attention.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, FreddieAnnie said:

All this talk about the freestyle dances got me interested in looking at some past dances!  WOW some of those were amazing!!  Some of the ones I saw last night that I loved were: (in no particular order LOL)

Bindi and Derek, Lindsey and Mark, Rashad and Emma, Alfonso and Whitney, Jordan and Lindsay, Rumor and Val, Nyle and Peta, Shawn and Mark,  even Erin and Maks (because they started the whole contemporary dance craze).  

What do y'all think- do these surpass this years dances? 

No competition at all. I hate all the extra dancers they're allowed to throw in now. Half the time you lose the couple competing with all the professionals out there.

2 hours ago, lonestar said:

Totally agree. That was such a fun freestyle. I loved it. Also, Peta looked so different then, better.

Karina actually choreographed Donald's freestyle, I believe.

1 hour ago, FreddieAnnie said:

I need to watch those!  I have not watched all the seasons but I’m enjoying catching some of these. 

Make sure to watch Karina and JR's too. Another dance I loved and still watch over and over? The pro tribute to Michael Jackson.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, FreddieAnnie said:

Bindi and Derek, Lindsey and Mark, Rashad and Emma, Alfonso and Whitney, Jordan and Lindsay, Rumor and Val, Nyle and Peta, Shawn and Mark,  even Erin and Maks (because they started the whole contemporary dance craze).  

What do y'all think- do these surpass this years dances? 

I didn't like Bindi and Derek's and don't remember Shawn and Mark or Erin and Maks', but the others I mostly agree with. I didn't watch any of this year's freestyles except for Kel's. I think most of those others are better but I still think that one was pretty awesome. From year's past, I also loved Drew and Cheryl's, James and Sharna's, and Donny and Kym's.

Share this post


Link to post

Kel wanted that mirror ball so badly every muscle in his face was straining during the drumroll.  And when Hannah won, he literally sobbed in Whitney's shoulder.  When he brought his head up, there was a big tear rolling down his cheek.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone want it that badly.  I hope he can take some comfort in his improvement over the course of the show and his dynamic hip-hop routine.

Did y'all be sure to see Jordan Fisher?  So much mugging for the camera.  Did he do something to his face?  He looked strange, and I don't mean the lipgloss and earrings.

Regarding Hannah's emotions, tears and acne during the season, I wonder if some of that was due to filming The Bachelor AT THE SAME TIME!   It appeared to be at the same time.  Not sure of TB filming schedule, but imagine that she is fighting for Peter's "love" and being embroiled in house drama, all while doing DTWS.

Edited by Just Carol
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

If you haven’t watched season 8, check out any of Giles Marini’s dances. He might have been the best male dancer they ever had.

The Argentine Tango and salsa are probably two of my favourite dances on this show ever. I'm still convinced had he been paired again with Cheryl he would have won All-Stars. 

I didn't watch until the finale because of Spicey. This show has really become a shadow of itself.

I wonder how dancers like Monique Coleman who got undeserved harsh criticism would fare on the show nowadays. The Ghostbusters cha cha might not be technically perfect but it is still one of my favourites. It's better than a lot of the dances we see now. 

(My favourite is Anna and Carson's Moves Like Jagger. Terrible song, not a great dancer... But ALL the camp!)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The Argentine Tango and salsa are probably two of my favourite dances on this show ever. I'm still convinced had he been paired again with Cheryl he would have won All-Stars. 

I didn't watch until the finale because of Spicey. This show has really become a shadow of itself.

I wonder how dancers like Monique Coleman who got undeserved harsh criticism would fare on the show nowadays. The Ghostbusters cha cha might not be technically perfect but it is still one of my favourites. It's better than a lot of the dances we see now. 

(My favourite is Anna and Carson's Moves Like Jagger. Terrible song, not a great dancer... But ALL the camp!)

Any time somebody carries on about how HOT and SMOKING somebody's dance was, I want to tell them to get back to me on that after they've checked out Gilles and Cheryl's Argentine Tango.  My second favorite was the Kryptonite Quickstep.

You can blame Emmitt Smith for the Gilles and Peta pairing.  The deal was to be that the runners up got their original partners and all of the champions got a new one.  Until Emmitt pulled a prima donna move and refused to do the show unless he got Cheryl. 

I really do think that's part of what led to his ouster, people really wanted to see G&C back together and he couldn't go along with the plan like everybody else.  That, plus the level of dancing had grown by leaps and bounds from his season to all stars.

I loved Carson on this show, he totally "got it" and Anna was the perfect partner for him.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Just Carol said:

Did y'all be sure to see Jordan Fisher?  So much mugging for the camera.  Did he do something to his face?  He looked strange, and I don't mean the lipgloss and earrings.

Sure did 🤣!  I just thought it was his hair that made him look different...

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/26/2019 at 10:23 PM, Toonces464 said:

Huh? What on earth are you talking about? Carrie Ann never called Hannah a whore or a bitch or any other name?!?

There’s someone on this board who keeps calling Hannah vile names. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/28/2019 at 1:43 AM, Sile said:

Any time somebody carries on about how HOT and SMOKING somebody's dance was, I want to tell them to get back to me on that after they've checked out Gilles and Cheryl's Argentine Tango.  My second favorite was the Kryptonite Quickstep.

You can blame Emmitt Smith for the Gilles and Peta pairing.  The deal was to be that the runners up got their original partners and all of the champions got a new one.  Until Emmitt pulled a prima donna move and refused to do the show unless he got Cheryl. 

I really do think that's part of what led to his ouster, people really wanted to see G&C back together and he couldn't go along with the plan like everybody else.  That, plus the level of dancing had grown by leaps and bounds from his season to all stars.

I loved Carson on this show, he totally "got it" and Anna was the perfect partner for him.

The problem was also that Gilles and Peta had zero chemistry and they attached themselves to Maks and Kirstie. I adored Gilles during his season and grew to detest him during All-Stars.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

The problem was also that Gilles and Peta had zero chemistry and they attached themselves to Maks and Kirstie. I adored Gilles during his season and grew to detest him during All-Stars.

I think alot of the contestants who were fan favs on their season, just did gel well when it came to allstar season because a good part of the reason why they were so good and popular, was their amazing partnership with their pro. Not only Gilles but Apollo and Drew didnt click well with their new partnerships either.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size