Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E11: Finale

• Start Topic

I really wish James would have been there because those freestyles weren’t that memorable. I guess Kel’s was the best.

I’m fine with Hannah winning. She was good and I liked her okay. 

That was awkward at the end when everyone was congratulating Kel over Hannah. Ouch!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Ally was falling out of her lifts in the freestyle and still managed 10’s.  There was no way they could ding Hannah on hers.  I suspect one more point for Kel wouldn’t have mattered, Hannah was never in the bottom two all season.

James should’ve won.  But the top four were willing to tour, he wouldn’t have been able to leave his family for 4 months.

• Love 7

Having a cupcake and champagne cuz I LOVED and called this outcome. THRILLED for Hannah and hard-working Alan! WELL-DESERVED win!

Have some buttercream icing, haters. That includes you, Len and Carrie-Ann. 🎂🥂

Ally never had the votes. She wasn't winning. I agree completely with the order tonight.

Should James have been in the finale? Yes. Did he deserve to win? Yes. But those idiots  behind the table saved Fetch Brooke instead, so this was our finale. And the right person won out of these 4.

Even if James went through last week, I don't believe anyone was beating Hannah. She won a freakin People's Choice Award. She's got votes. And she was also a good dancer, scored liked a mediocre one. While another good dancer was scored like an untouchable goddess. The scales have a way of balancing themselves.

Beyond satisfied with this outcome, but reluctant to tune in next season unless Sharna and Artem are back.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 9

I think the only way Kel would've won is if it were still a two-night finale. He's one of those contestants that benefits from a longer voting window. He can't match live Bachelor Nation.

The judges will never admit they were wrong to keep Ally over James, but I hope next season they put a limit on how many times you can save a person when they're in the bottom two. Or something that acknowledges they are considering the fan votes when they make their decision.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Josh371982 said:

That's why James was booted so sensitive Petite Litte Dew drop reality TV fame whore would have an easier shot.

1 hour ago, Josh371982 said:

People were too busy acting like bitch Hannah was getting so much hate from Judges!

I don't think Hannah acted like a bitch or a whore at all. I don't even think she was any more melodramatic than, say, Ally, who was in tears almost every single episode even though she was consistently favored by the judges throughout the entire season, despite having messy dances. What I saw was Hannah doing a complete repeat dance (unlike Ally, who spent 20 seconds of her time singing. . . again. . . and still got a perfect score) and nailing her lifts (again, unlike Ally, who utterly flubbed one and still got a perfect score). She also had an interestingly choreographed and well-performed freestyle, unlike Lauren who was given a terrible country line dance for a freestyle that she couldn't even manage to perform with any sort of conviction or passion. . . and still got a perfect score. I don't necessarily agree that Hannah was getting a lot of hate from the judges, but she certainly wasn't getting much love from them, especially considering she was at the very least equal to Kel (and in my opinion exceeding him) in dancing ability.

I said it earlier and I'll say it again. I would've been delighted with a Kel win, especially after his absolutely fantastic freestyle. Freestyles have historically won or lost a contestant the MBT in the past so it wouldn't have surprised me at all if Kel had pulled it out. But if you're looking for overall performance and ability throughout the season as the judges bullshittingly clamed they were doing last week when they kicked James, then Hannah had it over the other three.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

I wouldn’t have thought Hannah was being unfairly scored and criticized if everyone was being criticized but Ally was literally falling in her her final dance and still got heaps of praise and a perfect score. 

Id rather have seen Kel win but I don’t mind Hannah. I don’t follow the Bachelor or any of it’s spin offs so in my mind she’s basically Alexis Ren 2.0.  She wasn’t the best but she wasn’t the worst either and at least it wasn’t Ally.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

All in all, this season has been a real downer. First,  the voting. Sean stayed on way too long. Don't get me wrong,  he's a nice guy, but not a dancer. Second,  all the tears and back stories.  It's like they all competed in being the biggest loser. All of these people have had more than their share of fame. Try living in the real world for a change, with all the issues day to day. Last, the animosity that Hannah showed as the season went on was very well hidden under the "Miss America" smile. I grew tiresome of the constant coddling all the judges did. Also, Len may be annoying and brash, but he IS a dance judge!!! Shut up people and let him say his peace!! I don't think I want to watch this spectacle any longer. 

• Love 2

Also, say what you will about the Bachelor Nation fanbase but only one other person from the franchise has actually won. So I think it's worth considering that while Bachelor Nation may have gotten some of these people far (even farther than they probably should have), it's the non-BN fans of DWTS that put Hannah over the top by voting on her based on what they saw on the show and not based on her Bachelor franchise history.

Heck, you may have even gotten a few people like me who voted for her in spite of her Bachelor franchise history. Because durned if I didn't cuss under my breath when I saw her show up in the promo for the new season. 😊

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, JenLily said:

I said it earlier and I'll say it again. I would've been delighted with a Kel win, especially after his absolutely fantastic freestyle. Freestyles have historically won or lost a contestant the MBT in the past so it wouldn't have surprised me at all if Kel had pulled it out. But if you're looking for overall performance and ability throughout the season as the judges bullshittingly clamed they were doing last week when they kicked James, then Hannah had it over the other three.

I have to disagree. Obviously, all of this is subjective but, while Hannah was a capable dancer (and she's certainly no Bobby Bones in terms of winners) I don't think she was better, overall, than Kel and was only slightly better than Ally (my main irritation with Ally was the judges ignoring her flaws and not thinking she was worth the scores she got.) I think it's possible that Hannah was better technically, but the whole package includes how the dances are performed and I thought she was a lot worse than Kel and Ally and even Lauren performed her dances better. Whether or not you think the judges (and I don't think Carrie-Ann was the only one who commented on Lauren's pageant smile) were too harsh, I agreed with them about Lauren's limitations. There were so many times I watched her and thought either she was smiling inappropriately throughout a dance or she looked like a deer in the headlights.

19 minutes ago, JenLily said:

Also, say what you will about the Bachelor Nation fanbase but only one other person from the franchise has actually won. So I think it's worth considering that while Bachelor Nation may have gotten some of these people far (even farther than they probably should have), it's the non-BN fans of DWTS that put Hannah over the top by voting on her based on what they saw on the show and not based on her Bachelor franchise history.

I didn't really buy the Bachelor Nation stuff until what happened with Joe last season. I don't know if that base has gotten more rabid or what, but I think it is a valid argument to make. I doubt it was anyone besides Bachelor Nation that got her that People's Choice award and those would have been the people voting like crazy for her on this show. Yeah, she probably acquired other fans (like yourself) but I think without Bachelor Nation she wouldn't have won.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I have to disagree. Obviously, all of this is subjective but, while Hannah was a capable dancer (and she's certainly no Bobby Bones in terms of winners) I don't think she was better, overall, than Kel and was only slightly better than Ally (my main irritation with Ally was the judges ignoring her flaws and not thinking she was worth the scores she got.)

I guess that's what makes this show so interesting and so maddening all at the same time. It really is all so very subjective. 😊

16 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

she probably acquired other fans (like yourself)

Just to be clear, I wouldn't call myself a "fan" of Hannah's, I just cast my votes based on what I saw week by week. Wouldn't want to get myself a reputation. 😉

• Love 2

All righty then! I have read all the comments and here are a  few things folks haven't mentioned. What the heck was CAI wearing? What ever it was made her look shapeless and fat! She usually looks nice even if her statements are sometimes this side of crazy but this thing looked like a burlap bag. I thought it was hilarious when the decorations on the judges stand fell over and kept doing it no matter what! They must have given up because it was never seen again. Did everyone(anyone)else notice how loud the audience got when James and Emma danced? They got more applause than anyone but Cher! And speaking of Cher....I enjoyed that segment a lot. I have always been a S and C fan so I loved that they had him doing his part of the song! And what hold does Pitbull have over someone at ABC? Hasn't he been on the last 3 or 4 years...one year was one too many for me! And last but not least. I thought Julianne and Apolo's freestyle was fabulous(best part of theirs was because they didn't have backup dancers so you could just watch them) but Kel and Witney's was right up there! I must admit, I didn't vote at all this year but I wondered what would happen if I typed in James' name and tried to vote for him....a "write-in vote would have been fun!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

I really wish James would have been there because those freestyles weren’t that memorable. I guess Kel’s was the best.

I’m fine with Hannah winning. She was good and I liked her okay. 

That was awkward at the end when everyone was congratulating Kel over Hannah. Ouch!

they did even show the judges either.

6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ally completely fell during one of her lifts and Sasha had to try to mask it.

You caught that too? None of the judges mentioned the fall and Ally still got three 10s for the Freestyle. That is so wrong. The judges can't be trusted with their scores. That fall makes the judges look absolutely foolish. Who are they trying to kid?

• Love 17
7 hours ago, edie3 said:

Well, that was not who I wanted to win.  Kel was a much better dancer, even Ally .

Look again. Kel is no where near as good a dancer as Hannah. Her lifts in her Freestyle were flawless, especially the one where she launched herself onto Allen's right shoulder. Hannah is very fluid in her movement, unlike Kel.

Kel is a Hip Hop dancer and he always looked like he was dancing Hip Hop when he performed any dance other than Standard Ballroom.  When he performed Standard Ballroom, he was stiff as a board. No fluidity to his movement, at all. So glad Kel didn't win. Must admit that double time at the end of his Freestyle was awesome!!! So much entertainment there and have to thank Witney for that choreography and for Kel pulling it off.

As an aside......I never heard of Hannah before this show. I have never watched The Bachelor franchise shows.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

While Len is absolutely correct that the two dances were similar, Witney should have changed the first dance, not the freestyle.

Agreed with Len also. Kel is a Hip Hop dance so why not dance what he is comfortable with. Hence, two dances of the same genre.

• Love 1

I'm happy enough Hannah won, but really would have preferred Kel to win. I think the judges did want a woman to win though which is why they sacrificed James last week. I wanted to just vote for Kel, but after they overpraised Ally again (her Jive was messy and she had obvious mishaps on the freestyle that weren't mentioned) I voted for Hannah too. I thought she had the best freestyle anyway, but Kel's was also really good. I agreed with Len's critique of Kel's, but still thought he should get the 10. I enjoyed Ally's and liked that it was Latin inspired, but a couple lifts were bad. I'm not sure why they just ignore any mistake Ally makes and act like she is one of the best dancers this show has seen... She just isn't that good or inspiring. Lauren's freestyle was terrible, and she didn't even dance for half of it.

It still stinks James was eliminated last week for Ally. I lowkey think it was just to ensure they got rid of him since he actually could win. I don't think the show actually wanted Hannah to win, but they did want a woman to win and she was the best bet to do that. Overall this season was really forgettable. Even though Bobby won last season, overall that season was better since it had great dancers like Milo, Evanna, Juan Pablo, and Tinashe. I just don't feel like anyone stood out this year except for James. This season could have been better if Spicer wasn't cast too because he knocked out several contestants prematurely. Lauren also stayed way too long. I think Kate was better than her, and even Sailor would have probably improved more than Lauren did if she got to the finals.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, JenLily said:

Heck, you may have even gotten a few people like me who voted for her in spite of her Bachelor franchise history. Because durned if I didn't cuss under my breath when I saw her show up in the promo for the new season. 😊

I totally agree with this.  I don't think Bachelor Nation is as much as everyone makes it, and for some reason Hannah was just more popular than I ever thought she was.  I didn't actually think she would make it very far.  I didn't mind her, and I didn't love her.  But in the end, I am glad she won over Lauren and Ally.  I didn't think Lauren was that great, and the whole Ally thing was annoying all of the way through.  I would have preferred a final with James in it no matter who won, but for me Hannah winning was better than some of the other options. 

• Love 8

So I have been a Bachelor fan for a few years, and I do think that fanbase has grown after recent seasons. Specifically it seems to have more younger fans who are the type who would be rabidly voting on a show like this. Tbh in a year where the Bachelor fanbase wasn't as big, I think Kel would have won this year (assuming James wasn't in the finals). However, Hannah is a worthy winner. The whole season felt off probably because of the lack of creative control from the pros. I wonder how she would have done on a prior season where the pros had more input. James too. The only one I think who really improved a lot and started living up to their potential was Kel. I think James and Hannah had more they could have shown off but didn't quite get there.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, JenLily said:

Also, say what you will about the Bachelor Nation fanbase but only one other person from the franchise has actually won.

A few things. One, two people from the franchise have now won - Hannah and Melissa. Two, there have only been a handful of Bachelor Nation contestants on the show and most of them were the men who were all okay to crappy dancers. Three, even when they weren't good dancers, they still made it through a few weeks.

Chris Soules made it all the way to 5th Place in Season 20, that was loaded with some really good dancers. And the men like Chris, Nick Viall and Jake Pavelka were divisive even in the Bachelor fandom, so no surprise they didn't have enough support to win. But again they still made it a good few weeks.

And then we had Joe, popular and beloved in Bachelor Nation but a shitty dancer. And we see how long he lasted. So yeah Hannah, someone really popular in Bachelor Nation who could actually dance, had a huge shot to win. I also agree with another post that the Bachelor franchise in recent years has skewed towards a younger, more social media driven audience, which has also helped.

• Love 5

ABC knew the votes and I believe that they made it clear to the judges that they wanted to get rid of James.  Hannah is a big part of ABC snd her win benefits the franchise.  No one else winning was a special benefit to them.  I never saw James in anything TV or movies and I wasn't a huge fan but he was excellent.  No reason to go but a business decision.  I think that Hanna's only threat was James.  Just in case, they left Kel's dance to the end so that there could not be a huge surge in voting.

Edited by Kira53
I left out the word "not"
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

One, two people from the franchise have now won - Hannah and Melissa.

I'm not so sure it was Melissa who won, but rather Tony. That's around when the "mirrorball for every pro!" surge seemed to start. I wasn't a huge fan of hers, but Shawn Johnson should have won All-Stars.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

A few things. One, two people from the franchise have now won - Hannah and Melissa. Two, there have only been a handful of Bachelor Nation contestants on the show and most of them were the men who were all okay to crappy dancers. Three, even when they weren't good dancers, they still made it through a few weeks.

I don't disagree with any of this. First, yeah, that's why I said one other person has won. Second, there have been 8 people from the franchise on the show, three women and five men. So yes, a quarter of the franchise has won but I think we can agree that the correct quarter won. And third, like I said before I'm not saying Bachelor Nation didn't help push the rest of the dancers far but what I am saying is that I don't believe that they forced either Melissa's or Hannah's win. And thus far they haven't forced a truly unjustified win. If the BN voting bloc was as powerful as people seem to think they are, then we would have had a Bobby Bones situation loooong before Bobby Bones.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, JenLily said:

And thus far they haven't forced a truly unjustified win.

We may be discussing different things. I didn't say they forced an unjustified win. My comment was in response to an initial comment about Hannah's win being largely in part because viewers were upset about how she was treated by the judges. 

My point was that IMO, her win was driven mostly by Bachelor Nation which is a strong voting bloc. Because while some viewers may have felt the judges were unfair to her, as I noted above, I saw a lot of comments online by people who thought she was whiny and rude to Carrie Anne. So all I was saying is that the main contributing factor to Hannah's win was support from Bachelor Nation.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

We may discussing different things. I didn't say they forced an unjustified win. My comment was in response to an initial comment about Hannah's win being largely in part because viewers were upset about how she was treated by the judges. 

My point was that IMO, her win was driven mostly by Bachelor Nation which is a strong voting bloc. Because while some viewers may have felt the judges were unfair to her, as I noted above, I saw a lot of comments online by people who thought she was whiny and rude to Carrie Anne. So all I was saying is that the main contributing factor to Hannah's win was support from Bachelor Nation.

Ah, I see what you're saying. Yes you're right, we are discussing different things. And yes, I agree that support from BN was key, especially in overcoming what some people saw as a terrible attitude.

Sorry if I seemed argumentative! 😊

11 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

As soon as I saw The Bachelor commercial with the return of Hannah, I knew what the outcome would be. Len's ridiculous scoring of Kel's freestyle confirmed it. What a complete farce of a season. Not at all what they needed after the fiasco of last season.

And when I saw the four finalists were going on tour and James was not, last week's clusterf*ck became a lot more obvious.

This season will go down with Season 18 as the most manipulated season in the history of the show. It will also go down with Season 18 as my least favorite season because of that.

Unless they bring in someone amazing next season (if there even is a next season), my days of watching this show are over. I don't need to invest 10 minutes, let alone in 10 weeks, in this kind of blatant manipulation and aggravation. I mean, come on...Carrie Ann said there was a mistake in Hannah's freestyle and she still gave her a 10? They're not even trying to hide it anymore. And I'll be damned if I'm going to let some silly reality show try to pull my strings like that.

The highlight of this season has for sure been coming here and reading all the comments. Thank you all for the small bit of enjoyment this season brought. Regardless of what happens with the show and my viewing habits, please feel free to keep in touch and message me at any time. 🙂

What was the season 18 story?  I can't remember from one season to the next what the drama was 🙂 

• Love 1

Even though I'm still annoyed that James got cut last week, I'm more than fine with Hannah winning. She's a much better winner than last years and is at least a good dancer. I'm happy Alan has a mirrorball now.

Honestly? I reached the point I just wanted anyone but Ally to win. The judges propping her up to the bitter end and giving her 10’s even though there was a mistake was pathetic.

• Love 14

I think the mirror ball should have gone to Tom Bergeron. He was hysterical wearing Bruno's jacket and acting like him! DWtS has declined in quality throughout the years but Tom still makes me smile every episode.

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

And I just had a feeling that I knew Hannah would be winning.

I do not watch The Bachelor/Bachlorette so I can be objective  and say from week 1 that Hannah stood out as one of the best in the bunch. I think she deserved to win. She was fluid, flexible, graceful and skilled. Her leg extensions were amazing, her splits were on point, and she was amazing. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

I do not watch The Bachelor/Bachlorette so I can be objective  and say from week 1 that Hannah stood out as one of the best in the bunch. I think she deserved to win. She was fluid, flexible, graceful and skilled. Her leg extensions were amazing, her splits were on point, and she was amazing. 

I'm just glad that Ally and Lauren didn't win.

• Love 4

On a side note: Erin called Ally Lauren. I don't think it was necessary for Sasha to take his shirt off but I find it funny that Tom gave him a jacket & then was wearing Bruno's right before the break. Way to Jenna & Peta front & center in all the group dances.  I don't thing Ally should have sang during her jive.  It didn't add anything to the routine IMO.  Hannah wasn't my favorite from the start but it just goes to show how much the votes matter.

• Love 1

I'm absolutely thrilled for Alan; he seems like such a sweetie, and it's about time he got the big win.  I really couldn't care less who his partner was 😉

After James got eliminated last week, I took the Finale off my DVR and just watched the freestyles on YouTube this morning after checking who won (that's how little I cared; I didn't even think to check the winner until this morning).  Kel's was so much fun, and I'm pretty sure Ally almost took a header, saved only by Sasha's muscles and quick thinking, which alllllmost covered up that whoops.  The judges didn't notice that?  Seriously??  It looked like he was hauling a giant lump of clay around his leg.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I wanted James to be in the finals and then win but after he was bounced, I felt that Kel would probably win.  Hannah winning was OK but frankly, I thought that all of the freestyles were meh.  I could picture Len inwardly cringing at all of the gimmicks and group routines.  The most memorable freestyles in the show's history have always been the pro and his/her partner telling an emotional story by just dancing together on the floor.  Think of Maks/Meryl, Derek/Kellie, Derek/Bindie and others where there were no gimmicks and no other dancers.  In Kellie Pickler's case in particular, her freestyle clinched her win (remember Derek lifting her while she was "climbing" in perfect sync with the music and lyrics?) To me, a great lyrical, emotional contemporary routine is always a winner. The are exceptions, however.  Val and Rumor's blazing hot Tango was great as was James and Sharna's contemporary where the supporting dancers worked perfectly. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, cali1981 said:

I wanted James to be in the finals and then win but after he was bounced, I felt that Kel would probably win.  Hannah winning was OK but frankly, I thought that all of the freestyles were meh.  I could picture Len inwardly cringing at all of the gimmicks and group routines.  The most memorable freestyles in the show's history have always been the pro and his/her partner telling an emotional story by just dancing together on the floor.  Think of Maks/Meryl, Derek/Kellie, Derek/Bindie and others where there were no gimmicks and no other dancers.  In Kellie Pickler's case in particular, her freestyle clinched her win (remember Derek lifting her while she was "climbing" in perfect sync with the music and lyrics?) To me, a great lyrical, emotional contemporary routine is always a winner. The are exceptions, however.  Val and Rumor's blazing hot Tango was great as was James and Sharna's contemporary where the supporting dancers worked perfectly. 

I know Len doesn't like the hip hop routines and I don't know if Whitney got to pick the song or not ( the song was terrible IMO)... but I happen to like the fast/more upbeat songs than the snooze fests where the celeb does the obligatory tearing up at the end of it. It's all of a matter or preference, but I just enjoy watching that more. Len needs to go. He doesn't keep up with the times and gets mad anytime people go out of the realm of what he prefers.

• Love 6

It broke my heart to see James at the finale but not as a finalist. I guess it served the judges right for saving Ally over James and look what happened. Hannah was the winner and not Ally. I'm sure James would had won if he was in the finale.

This IMO has to be the most unmemorable finale. The finalists lacked the punch. None of them had any good freestyles compared to the previous seasons.  Hannah's was the best among the lot. Her lifts and movements were clean unlike the rest. In week 1 I definitely thought she was good compared to the rest of the female contestants. I am glad Ally didn't win. I can't still believe she was over scored night after night.  The freestyle just exposed her flaws even more.Overall a very disappointing season:(

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, cali1981 said:

The most memorable freestyles in the show's history have always been the pro and his/her partner telling an emotional story by just dancing together on the floor.

I actually love fast freestyles (Witney/Alfonso & Emma/Rashad are my very faves) but I remember when we first saw Nyle could actually dance and was becoming a real favorite, I predicted that no one would stand a chance against him in the finale if he came out doing some emotional contemporary. That dance with Peta still gives me chills. It was predictable but really told a story.

• Love 6
Just now, howmanywords said:

I actually love fast freestyles (Witney/Alfonso & Emma/Rashad are my very faves) but I remember when we first saw Nyle could actually dance and was becoming a real favorite, I predicted that no one would stand a chance against him in the finale if he came out doing some emotional contemporary. That dance with Peta still gives me chills. It was predictable but really told a story.

Oh wow! Those are two of my most favorite freestyles and I watched both of them last night on YouTube after this snoozefest of a finale.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I wonder if there will even be a Season 29.

I'm sure that we can count on it but, hopefully, the show runners will have learned something about putting controversial political figures on the show.  Probably not however.  Maybe John Bolton will a "celebrity" dancer next season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Riplet68 said:

ABC is banking on Ally.  They’re promoting her as one of the draws for their Disney Christmas special 

Funny how they did not do that with Normani... 

I hope the subtext of that is heavily implied...

Edited by PTVjones
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lovecat said:

I'm absolutely thrilled for Alan; he seems like such a sweetie, and it's about time he got the big win.  I really couldn't care less who his partner was 😉

After James got eliminated last week, I took the Finale off my DVR and just watched the freestyles on YouTube this morning after checking who won (that's how little I cared; I didn't even think to check the winner until this morning).  Kel's was so much fun, and I'm pretty sure Ally almost took a header, saved only by Sasha's muscles and quick thinking, which alllllmost covered up that whoops.  The judges didn't notice that?  Seriously??  It looked like he was hauling a giant lump of clay around his leg.

This- yes a thousand times over!  She messed up big time (at least twice) AGAIN and the judges ignored it AGAIN!  Last week she also messed up (at least twice- when they came off the stairs she was out of sync and then toward the end she slipped a little on the a Charleston steps - you could even see it on her face) and nothing was said. Why why why?  What was so fantastic about Ally that they would ignore these but call out others on smaller missteps?!?

And IMHO her offer to give up her spot to James at the end of the Semi final was as fake as those eyelashes she wore! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

STFU! So out of every single season there has NEVER been the kind of shock she witnessed in the ballroom? I can think of at least 5 more wins way more shocking. She's trying to say Bobby's win wasn't as shocking?

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/carrie-ann-inaba-did-not-expect-hannah-brown-to-win-dwts/

Really Carrie Ann? You honor the viewer votes? You mean the way you kept saving Ally, who couldn't get the viewer votes to stay out of the bottom 2 even when she had the top score?

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:
30 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

STFU! So out of every single season there has NEVER been the kind of shock she witnessed in the ballroom? I can think of at least 5 more wins way more shocking. She's trying to say Bobby's win wasn't as shocking?

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/carrie-ann-inaba-did-not-expect-hannah-brown-to-win-dwts/

Really Carrie Ann? You honor the viewer votes? You mean the way you kept saving Ally, who couldn't get the viewer votes to stay out of the bottom 2 even when she had the top score?

Per the article: "The Talk moderator pointed out that 'a lot of people were shocked tonight in the ballroom,' something that she had never witnessed before on the ABC competition.

'I’ve never felt that from the ballroom when a winner was announced like tonight,' she said."

Never, Carrie Ann? Never? So you're saying that when Bobby Bones won, that reaction was normal? The muted applause? The dropped jaws of not just the audience and the competitors but of you, the judges? Come on. Seems to me this subtle attempt to piss on Hannah's win might lend a little bit of credence to the speculation that at least this judge in particular really didn't want her to win.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

The thing that bugs me is that the finalists seem to be getting decided on who goes on tour and who doesn’t. How convenient that James was the only top five not going on their tour. While I don’t think he would have beaten Hannah, I do think he would have delivered a better freestyle than some of the others.

• Love 7