Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E11: Finale

• Start Topic

The good news: all of them did a freestyle which is an improvement over what Bobby did.

The meh news: I don't think any will be remembered by next season.  

Sort of surprised Hannah won (and Whitney looks like she wants to punch someone) but I think people felt she was dogged too much by the judges and they voted for her because of it. I don't hate the win, but I think Kel would have been a more satisfying win.  

On to the next season.

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 22

Well I was rooting for Kel but I prefer Hannah over Lauren or Ally.

i think Lauren and Glens freestyle was one if the worst things I’ve seen on this show. Lol just so damn bad. 

I kept thinking Ally was going to fall in hers. The ending of Kels was amazing, 

I love Cher too so I give her my mirror ball. Lol

• Love 16

Good for Hannah! She really was underscored by the judges, who seemed to HATE her. Carrie Ann couldn't even try to not criticize her during her goddamn freestyle, especially when Ally completely fell during one of her lifts and Sasha had to try to mask it.

Great on Hannah! And fantastic job to Kel, who didn't deserve that 9 from Len.

Good on Lauren, but 4th was well deserved for her, since her freestyle sucked.

Thank god Ally didn't win!

I'm thrilled for a Hannah win. I was great with either Hannah or Kel winning, since my actual number 1 pick got eliminated last week...But still, kudos to Hannah. Her freestyle was amazing.

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

i think Lauren and Glens freestyle was one if the worst things I’ve seen on this show. Lol just so damn bad. 

Did she even actually do any dancing...?

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Completely predictable and as boring and lackluster as I expected it to be. Good for them but I don't care about Alan and I care even less about Hannah. Her little Bachelor Nation stans can crow and gloat that their "Queen" got her "deserved" mirror ball. And now if she can kindly get the hell off my screen, I'd appreciate it. 

This was over the minute the judges made that bone headed decision to save Ally in favor of James last week. Because I called it. That it didn't matter what score she got, ain't nobody was voting for Ally. As evidenced by her multiple trips to the Bottom 2.

Never expected Kel to make it to Final 2 when the season started, so kudos to him. I have to say, when it came down to them, I almost wanted him to win as vindication to Witney for the win she SHOULD have gotten last season with Milo.

Ah, it's been a great ride DWTS. I've danced, cheered, yelled - but sadly all good things must come to the end. I think I watched maybe two full episodes this whole season. Half the time I only checked out a handful of the dances and ignored the rest. Just didn't care. So yeah, that happened.

I will say, on the positive, Hannah was at least a better dancer than the other female Bachelor winner, aka the hipless wonder, aka Melissa Rycroft. Both were annoyingly grinning the whole damn time though. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 15

They really tried to make Ally happen but she must have been getting next to no votes all season. Hannah wasn't my favourite but she was probably the best dancer tonight. I liked her freestyle the best. Super awkward at the end where it looked like Erin was pissed and the majority ran to Kel and Witney. And someone lifted Alan up but not Hannah. Ouch. 

At least Spicer didn't win.

And Ally's freestyle was a hot mess. She almost fell at least twice. And I fast forward most of the judges but did CAI thank her and basically say it was the beat one ever? Oh Carrie Anne.

Edited by Lilac2000
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

No way the judges over scoring could over come allys lack of votes.  I think Lauren only did any dancing for about half her free style.  How come ally got a whole new first song, and everyone else usedthe same song (maybe Lauren’s was new to?)

all the finalists were nice and I wouldn’t have hated any of them. James should have won.

Telling that more people went to Kel than hannah.  He really is a nice guy.  Her free style was really good- so was Kels.

hannahs lifts were amazing, and the ending to kels dance was great!

Still should have been James. Anyone notice Carrie Ann mention “the controversy” from last week.  No, you gots fed up

Edited by Riplet68
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

The good news: all of them did a freestyle which is an improvement over what Bobby did.

The meh news: I don't think any will be remembered by next season.  

Sort of surprised Hannah won (and Whitney looks like she wants to punch someone) but I think people felt she was dogged too much by the judges and they voted for her because of it. I don't hate the win, but I think Kel would have been a more satisfying win.  

On to the next season.

She wasnt dogged too much by the Judges at all.  Sucks that fake Cry on cue petite little reality tv show whore won. Wanted anyone but her 

• Love 4

Congrats to Hannah, the winner ONLY because of the judges picking Ally over James.

If James had been in the finale, I have no doubt he'd have taken the MB home. JMO, but I'm usually right... LOL.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

but I think people felt she was dogged too much by the judges and they voted for her because of it.

That had nothing to do with it, IMO. Because I saw a lot of negative comments online towards Hannah for her "attitude" and her being "whiny". Bachelor Nation is a formidable voting force. Do people forget how far Joe made it last season? And dude could not dance for shit.

And Bachelor Nation LOVES Hannah. She's their self insert Queen. Their awkward, weird, relatable, "just like us" Queen who had her heart broken on the show and shows her vulnerabilities, etc. etc. She won because Bachelor Nation came hard for her. The only one that might have had a shot was James, especially, not to be cynical, with the miscarriage story.

Had he gone into the Finale with that backstory and nailed his dances, he might have squeaked out the win. But the minute the judges saved Ally instead of him, Hannah's win was a done deal. 

• Love 12

As soon as I saw The Bachelor commercial with the return of Hannah, I knew what the outcome would be. Len's ridiculous scoring of Kel's freestyle confirmed it. What a complete farce of a season. Not at all what they needed after the fiasco of last season.

And when I saw the four finalists were going on tour and James was not, last week's clusterf*ck became a lot more obvious.

This season will go down with Season 18 as the most manipulated season in the history of the show. It will also go down with Season 18 as my least favorite season because of that.

Unless they bring in someone amazing next season (if there even is a next season), my days of watching this show are over. I don't need to invest 10 minutes, let alone in 10 weeks, in this kind of blatant manipulation and aggravation. I mean, come on...Carrie Ann said there was a mistake in Hannah's freestyle and she still gave her a 10? They're not even trying to hide it anymore. And I'll be damned if I'm going to let some silly reality show try to pull my strings like that.

The highlight of this season has for sure been coming here and reading all the comments. Thank you all for the small bit of enjoyment this season brought. Regardless of what happens with the show and my viewing habits, please feel free to keep in touch and message me at any time. 🙂

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, LadyMustang65 said:

Ugh. 2 seasons in a row with a totally forgettable winner.  Blech. Will she at least go away now?  James should have won. If not him then Kel. Hannah was just a whiny little bitch. 

Sucks that bitch won and that people are acting like her criticism was the worst ever. GMAFB. Sick of her being treated like a child who cant take criticism. She had already won a show. Sucks she won this one. Wanted Kel in the end. He didnt cry over some criticism and sucker people who act like the Judges were so mean. Please I've seen worse 

• Love 6

It seemed to me that Ally had an off night. The lifts were clumsy in her repeat dance and I think her timing was off in the freestyle. I expected better choreography from Sasha.

Lauren's freestyle was dreadful. And as we were waiting for the announcement of the fourth place finisher, someone hollered Lauren...which was unfortunate foreshadowing.

Kel's freestyle was awesome, but I agreed with Len. Whitney should've chosen a different repeat dance.  

I enjoyed Hannah's dances and am pleased for Alan and her.

I hope this is not the last season of DWTS.

• Love 7

Aw, I'd hoped Kel would win it all, especially once it got down to him and Hannah. But hey, runner-up is still pretty nice. Loved how he and Witney handed the sped-up portion of their freestyle. And him telling her that she was his "little sis" now was cute. 

I also loved Kenan sending a message of support to him. And his parents are adorable

LOL at Tom giving Sasha his suit jacket, and then putting on Bruno's sparkly one :p. 

For a moment when Ne-Yo and Pitbull were coming down the stairs during their performance, I half expected them to start dancing together :D. 

I'm glad there was minimal focus on Sean. 

So yeah. Congrats to Hannah, and congrats to the remaining three for making it as far as they did :). 

• Love 7

It was obvious the judges didn’t want Hannah to win. She’s a beautiful lyrical dancer, and her smile didn’t bother me. Ally definitely had a boo boo but the judges are so biased toward her, they didn’t mention it. But we all saw it! 

James was the best. He should have won, but judges were busy saving Ally. Hannah was second best, so her win tonight was deserved. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Good for Hannah! She really was underscored by the judges, who seemed to HATE her. Carrie Ann couldn't even try to not criticize her during her goddamn freestyle, especially when Ally completely fell during one of her lifts and Sasha had to try to mask it.

Great on Hannah! And fantastic job to Kel, who didn't deserve that 9 from Len.

Good on Lauren, but 4th was well deserved for her, since her freestyle sucked.

Thank god Ally didn't win!

I'm thrilled for a Hannah win. I was great with either Hannah or Kel winning, since my actual number 1 pick got eliminated last week...But still, kudos to Hannah. Her freestyle was amazing.

Please! I've seen worse criticism. They didnt hate her. She was the real Production Pet. That's why James was booted so sensitive Petite Litte Dew drop reality TV fame whore would have an easier shot. They knew Ally wouldnt win. People were too busy acting like bitch Hannah was getting so much hate from Judges! Glad this in the end bad season is over 

• Love 3

The judges messed things up by sacrificing James for Ally. She was never going to win so it was unfortunate that they forced her into the final. I'm totally fine with Hannah winning. I would've been happy with a Kel win, too. Both of them were the best dancers of the four left and frankly Hannah edged out Kel by a little bit. I loved loved loved Kel's freestyle. I watched it three times. But Hannah's was great, too, and totally unexpected from her so again. . . fine with her win.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Bliss said:

Congrats to Hannah, the winner ONLY because of the judges picking Ally over James.

If James had been in the finale, I have no doubt he'd have taken the MB home. JMO, but I'm usually right... LOL.

That's why he had to go last week. Producers wanted their pet Hannah to get to the win 

• Love 2

I liked the Freestyles..thought Ally's first dance was atrocious. Loved Kel's dances..and why the 9? Judge the freestyle on it's own merits..It's a freestyle, that means you don't compare it to anything else...Sheesh Len...

I was hoping for a Kel win...and then a Lauren win so she could stick it to that sleazy ex of hers (John Crist)...but Hannah..okay....I got two hours of goofy Tom Bergeron...and his Bruno impression was my favorite part of the night...

James should have been there and won but Iam not entirely invested in anyone winning after James left last week...and did we really need Cher and Pitbull?

I hope the show comes back as it's a time of fun on the phone with my Mom..plus, we love Tom Bergeron...If not, maybe Disney plus will put ALL seasons of Dancing on so I can rewatch and see if my opinion's changed of anyone...

• Love 7

Honestly, Kel's freestyle was the best one tonight, and maybe even one of the better freestyles of the series. That last minute was SICK! 

While Len is absolutely correct that the two dances were similar, Witney should have changed the first dance, not the freestyle.

• Love 15

Kel's freestyle was one of the best freestyles this show has ever had, and IS the best hip hop dance this show will ever have. It was better than most of the hip hop on SYTYCD. It really shows the kind of person Kel is that he brought his community on the stage. He was always good humored and good spirited. The freestyle also showcased versatility of Whitney and what a person can do when they are truly cross-trained and talented. No other female pro could have pulled off that dance in IMHO. I agree however, that she should have chosen a different dance for the repeat dance, a number Kel perhaps got a 28-29 on, so he can show his improvement in ballroom. Regardless, I think Hannah would have won b/c Bach Nation is strong voting base. 

The only issue I have with Hannah winning is that like.... there's just no break with her in the foreseeable future. Now she's going to be a major storyline on Peter's season? It's just like... there is such a thing as media saturation and I just don't care to see her anymore. At this point she would have been a major storyline in every ABC reality show for the past year. 

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Honestly, Kel's freestyle was the best one tonight, and maybe even one of the better freestyles of the series. That last minute was SICK! 

While Len is absolutely correct that the two dances were similar, Witney should have changed the first dance, not the freestyle.

The final pass with the acceleration in tempo in his freestyle was a win. Len was being a punk about the score but he was right that they should have changed the first dance instead. This would have been memorable long term if they made that call. 

• Love 5

The biggest issue with Lauren's freestyle, besides the lack of dancing, is the fact that it didn't feel like a freestyle. The only flair she had was going to a microphone and belting out "HEEEEYYYYY". 

And she gets 10s for those?

While Kel pulled out a wicked freestyle and he got a 9 from Len because "hmmph, hip hop, hmmmph". Yes, it was similar to the redemption dance, and that sucks, but his score for his freestyle shouldn't reflect his previous dance being similar. It SHOULD reflect how Kel actually danced and did an amazing job. All because Len hates hip hop and already gave out his 10 for Kel (and because they needed to make sure Ally had a higher score in hopes that it would be able to give her the win...).

• Love 14

Could have cared less who won....so Hannah getting the mirror ball was a "who cares?" moment.

Lauren should not have been there....even with the simplest dances provided by Gleb all season, she was barely adequate...and sometimes just bad.  

Another lackluster season...actually, last year's winner was the worst ever.

• Love 6

I get what Len was sayin about kel but whocares after seeing that freestyle. Whitney girl, they go to keep her because I dont think any of the other female pros r good at hiphop like that.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

Please! I've seen worse criticism. They didnt hate her. She was the real Production Pet. That's why James was booted so sensitive Petite Litte Dew drop reality TV fame whore would have an easier shot. They knew Ally wouldnt win. People were too busy acting like bitch Hannah was getting so much hate from Judges! Glad this in the end bad season is over 

I do believe you are right.   The picked Ally over James because they knew she'd never win.  They were free to give her 10s because they knew how low she was scoring with the viewers.  So the fix was in for Hannah from the get-go.   I'm glad I stuck to my guns and didn't watch tonight.  My blood pressure would have gone through the roof.

• Love 6

I am so happy Hannah won! I think she was the best dancer out of the four. I thought her freestyle was awesome and was so happy Alan didn't choreograph a boring contemporary for her. I think she had  been under-scored the entire season esp by Carrie Ann. I wanted to jump through the screen when she tried nitpicking her freestyle.  She really seems to hate Hannah for some reason. It's kind of odd. 

I like Kel but I agreed with Len that his freestyle was too similar to his first dance. I think it was a bad idea for him to do a jazz tonight because he basically just did two freestyles. Also I rolled my eyes so hard at Erin saying it was one of the greatest freestyles of all time. It was good but not that good. 

Ally's freestyle was okay but the lifts were not great. I still love her and am glad she was in the finale. I don't think she deserves the hate she gets. 

Both of Lauren's dances bored me. I felt like Gleb was too worried about showcasing himself during that freestyle. 

Next season I would love if they replaced Carrie Ann and Len. Len is too cantankerous and CAI just plays favorites. 

• Love 7

I'm going to predict that Hannah, in winning, will whine about how mean the DWTS fans are to her, how the judges were so mean to her, how hard the whole experience was for her (unlike anyone else) because people didn't realize how sensitive and how wonderful she was and criticized her when she should have been praised! 

It's how she was all season, but now--with the "burden" of winning--I'm guessing she'll actually be worse.

She's a good dancer, but I was rooting for Kel.

• Love 8

I said last week, I didn't plan on watching this crap after James being eliminated. I mostly stuck to that. I only saw Kel's dances (the judges' comments after the second dance), the highlights for the entire season, and the results. I had to laugh that during the highlights, despite her being the judges' pet and the best dancer ever apparently, they barely highlighted Ally at all.

People say that Whitney picked the first dance, but is that true? Like I said, I didn't watch the whole episode but it just felt like producer manipulation to have Kel dance two similar dances to give Len an excuse not to give him a perfect score for the freestyle and for the night. I think Len definitely had a point. When I was watching the dance, I did think it was great but it felt too similar to a freestyle and that it would be hard to set a freestyle apart. Despite the dances being similar in hip-hop flavor I though Kel's freestyle was SICK! That last minute with the change in tempo was genius and amazing! So screw Len for giving him that 9. So what the dances are similar. Judge the dance not how similar it is to the one before.

52 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Completely predictable and as boring and lackluster as I expected it to be. Good for them but I don't care about Alan and I care even less about Hannah. Her little Bachelor Nation stans can crow and gloat that their "Queen" got her "deserved" mirror ball. And now if she can kindly get the hell off my screen, I'd appreciate it. 

This was over the minute the judges made that bone headed decision to save Ally in favor of James last week. Because I called it. That it didn't matter what score she got, ain't nobody was voting for Ally. As evidenced by her multiple trips to the Bottom 2.

Never expected Kel to make it to Final 2 when the season started, so kudos to him. I have to say, when it came down to them, I almost wanted him to win as vindication to Witney for the win she SHOULD have gotten last season with Milo.

Yeah, like I said last week I had a feeling Hannah would pull out the win once she won the People's Choice award. If she could win a fan vote like that, she could easily (and eventually did) win this competition. And, yeah, Bachelor Nation are crazy when it comes to voting. Since they got Grocery Joe as far as he got, it's not surprising they got Hannah the win. I don't think it had anything to do with the judges being too mean to her - especially IMO since they weren't. I think James could have had a shot, but I think she could have still taken. But we'll never know because of the dumbass judges.

Yeah, I really wanted Whitney to get it because of that crap last season but runner-up again. 

51 minutes ago, Lilac2000 said:

And Ally's freestyle was a hot mess. She almost fell at least twice. And I fast forward most of the judges but did CAI thank her and basically say it was the beat one ever? Oh Carrie Anne.

OMG! I wouldn't put it past her to say such horrible tripe. My God, Carrie-Ann, pull your nose out of that girl's ass.

I was not at all surprised to see Ally was, yet again, the only one to get two perfect scores to have a perfect night. Still only got her third place. My petty ass says "Ha!" I would have been fine with a reverse with Ally coming in fourth and Lauren, third but either way worked. Again, being petty, the only slight enjoyment I get out of Hannah winning is that Bobby Bones was pushing hard for Lauren and seemed to have it out for Hannah in particular. Well, guess what, you two-left having dickhead, Lauren was last and Hannah won. Go whine on your radio program about it!

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 7

It seems like Lauren's freestyle was line dancing. None of them wowed me. I miss the Mark, Derek days.

As far as Len saying Kel's freestyle was more of the same, he did the same to Cheryl and a partner she had. Len is consistent. 

I knew Hannah was going to win it with the fan base. I thought she was the only Bachelor winner, but I forgot Melissa Rycroft. At least she gave poor Tony his only win. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Ethelbeavers said:

Also I rolled my eyes so hard at Erin saying it was one of the greatest freestyles of all time. It was good but not that good. 

Next season I would love if they replaced Carrie Ann and Len. Len is too cantankerous and CAI just plays favorites. 

I didn't roll my eyes. I thought she was right! It was an amazing dance

I do agree about replacing the judges. Len really does seem like he hates being there. Carrie-Ann is just too capricious and inconsistent (oh, except with her stupid "lift police" stuff.)

• Love 4