Type keyword(s) to search

The Haves And The Have Nots - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Shut up, Hanna. The Holy Ghost called and said for you to stop taking His name in vain. And to stop using Him as a way to get other people to break rules and put their jobs in jeopardy.

Oscar is quite the charmer. Candace tells him she really, really likes him and his response is to ask if they're free to see other people. Something's just not right about that guy but Candace appears to be getting sucked in anyway.

Quincy driving into Hanna's house in broad daylight was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. And again he just walked away with barely a scratch on him. The guy must be some kind of superhero.

$270,000 a year to do nothing?! How delusional is Celine? And if he's been paying her that much for at least four years she should be a millionaire. Why is she living like she's just scraping by?

• Love 3

After watching this week's episode: I can't help thinking that Jim coming on to Maggie in the worst, most utterly sexist way possible was either some sort of staggeringly OOC moment deliberately thrown in as part of the show's mandate that he's the Devil incarnate (which also continues torpedoing the show's attempts to "save" him, too) or some sort of bizarre in-show "Fuck it, I've got nothing better to do" joke on Jim's part.  Even with his history as a horndog, it just seemed so stupidly unsubtle, even for him...even coming before Maggie's run to David to entice him to run for governor (and bang him--"Let me take you there," indeed).

And then they followed it up with his chat with Celine, which actually came off surprisingly well...right up until the moment when he declared that he had loved Celine way back in the day, but she ruined it when she said she was going back to her husband because he had stopped banging her and damn, show.  I watch daytime soaps and even I couldn't make sense of that.

Jeffery standing up for himself to Asshole Wyatt was a genuinely nice moment, however overshadowed as it was by Wyatt's assumption (which satisfies internal logic) that Jim set him up to be raped at sleepaway prison camp.  And that set up the promo for next week's episode, and here we go again.

Hanna and Benny at least giving a little lip service to the fact that they've manipulated poor Allyah was also nice, if way too brief.  Flip side, it got trumped by her encounter with Quincy the Terminator (who looked none the worse for wear after driving a car into a house).  And Benny finally lifting half a scale from his eyes WRT Candace's "job" was a rare burst of sanity from the big meathead.

And dare I say that I thought Renee Lawless was working that exercise outfit, even if she was wasting it on an utterly Lifetime-movie-stereotypical physical trainer.

Courtesy of this week's episode: Celine, for some undefined period, was getting $270,000 a year from Jim as her "salary" for basically keeping her mouth shut about her kids with him.  Celine currently lives in a small but admittedly pretty, possibly walk-up, apartment; and so far there have been no allusions to her being a shopaholic, or paying alimony to her never-before-mentioned-last-I-knew husband, or anything past taking care of her kids.  (Lest we forget Jim confessing that he did actually love her at some point way back in the day.)  So we're right back to seriously, show?

• Love 1

I haven't seen the most recent episode, but did see the "Celine interview" episode. WHY did she even do the interview? She didn't say anything, her oldest son did all the talking. And then later we find out she was getting money?

1) No one can MAKE you do a sit down interview in you own house? Why didn't she just NOT DO IT? IF her son wanted to do it...let him. But she and the younger boy didn't HAVE to do it.

2) The reporter made such a big deal of her being in a not so safe, or rough part of the city. I forget the exact wording. But yet a gain. They say that's where she lives. Yet, we find out she's been getting 270K a year. Where the hell did that money go? The kids didn't need special care....she wore a frigging uniform to work....why the hell was she living THERE?

As I say I don't really watch the show that completely.......As for Wyatt being left in jail, if Jim put him in jail. how Veronica even knew Wyatt was in there to a sex offender could even be put in the cell with him?

As for the WTH questions and things that happen, are we so stupid to believe this moments? I don't even know that I get that worked up about them anymore. I'm so beaten down I'm desensitized to most of them.:)

Edited by selhars
  • Love 1

I've only caught a few clips of the promo for this coming week's show. I can't figure out WHAT the hell might happen.

I can see that Maggie goes to see Veronica......can't wait to hear why Maggie even goes especially ALONE. But anyway.....

I wonder if Veronica kills Maggie. And Maggie is the one to go......

What I'd LIKE to see is SOMEONE kick Veronica's ass. I mean beat her down like Bennie beat Quincy...but I doubt that will happen.

• Love 2

Where was Jim getting $270k to pay Celine? I thought Katherine was the one with the money. Would Katherine really not know Celine was getting that amount? Why would Katherine pay her husband's whore AND have her working in her house, in her face all day every day?

Just don't make no damn sense.

Edited by Brooklynista

Jim probably got the money the same place he got the millions he paid to Candace. He apparently had access to a joint account. As far as Celine goes, I got the impression Katheryn knew about the Celine payments and considered them the cost of keeping Jim's political career and their social status afloat. If Celine wanted to she could have revealed the dirt about the affair and Jim's kids at any time so apparently it was worth whatever cost to keep her quiet. But ugh, having your husband's baby mama in your face every day, touching your stuff? I don't know why Katheryn would put up with that unless she was looking to be the First Lady some day and just decided to keep her eye on the prize.

Ditto comments upthread and in the ongoing show thread, the gaping plot hole is what Celine has done with over a quarter million dollars every year. There's no reason for her to still be living like she works for minimum wage or lives in a house she can't afford. Does she have a gambling or drug problem?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

I saw the show, but am still gathering my thoughts.

I'm stunned...but by what and why, I don't even know.

I have know idea why I seem to need time to process what I've just seen.:)

So I guess that means I should actually watch this week before deleting? Sigh, ok.

I am glad to see Maggie stand up to Veronica. I can't wait to see David double cross Jim in running for mayor. Celine damn I don't know what to say. She got played for 28 years and how easy it was for Jim to get some. I don't think it is the last of her. I can't believe she actually thought she could come back and work after what she did to him so stupid. Looks like Candace's lies are going to come out.

Is Veronica going to go crawling back to David because of what Maggie told her? Please, please, David, don't fall for that. She just wants to be Mrs. Governor! It's time for Maggie to show David those photo's. 

I enjoyed seeing Jim make a fool out of Celine. I was actually beginning to think TP was going to go in a whole different direction with that. As in Jim really loved Celine all along blah, blah. Something about Celine makes my skin crawl. She's so gullible and pathetic. 

I hope next week doesn't disappoint, the previews looked pretty good. But then again, EVERY week disappoints. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3

Oh man, when Oscar did that $500k transfer for Candace, she gave him her banking info. Yikes.

Hanna is so ridiculous. It's been long enough since Benny was in the hospital that she could've gotten the insurance back on. Katheryn is paying her plenty, Candace had already settled the mortgage, and she has no car payment. What other bills would Hanna have besides utilities and groceries and such?

Oh look at TP trying to imitate Shonda Rhimes. That sex scene with Jim and Celine was something but they're no Fitz and Olivia (not that that's a bad thing). FFS, if Celine turns up pregnant again...at her age...

If I were Wyatt I wouldn't trust that ADA unless she puts the no prison deal in writing. She could later deny it and it'd be her word against the word of a hit-and-running drug addict.

Okay, so the $270k was apparently the sum of multiple payments to Celine and not an annuity. That makes more sense.

Hanna is so ridiculous. It's been long enough since Benny was in the hospital that she could've gotten the insurance back on. Katheryn is paying her plenty, Candace had already settled the mortgage, and she has no car payment. What other bills would Hanna have besides utilities and groceries and such?

What? You expect TP to concern himself with basic, practical details.....that leave plot holes the size of a jumbo jet?

2) After the Jim/Celine copulation, I thought we'd get...the old Jim turned his back on her routine, and she grabs a statuette and hits him on the head routine. I wonder if Celine doesn't try to commit a crime of passion and kill Jim...OR......IF (like THIS has never happened before).....if the wrong person doesn't just HAPPEN TO BE in the wrong place and the wrong time.....and gets killed or shot, instead of the intended victims.

It could easy happen.....the killers go to shot Veronica...and get Jeffery -- or DAVID, instead. Because of course. Veronica will go see David, or call her for him to come to the house.....and he'll get hit protecting her.....Hell, he'll probably JUMP IN FRONT OF the bullets. 

Hell, for all we know Jim himself will get shot by accident....since he doesn't know -- exactly -- where or when the hits are happening.

It's the professor rapist (he's likely first -- because who cares about him anyway)......the cop in the jail......Veronica.....and was it someone else too, right?

And of course since Ronnie's to be last, that will be the cliffhanger....

3) Sooooo, uh, the hospital has all those cops in the waiting room? Why aren't they at THE BOY'S ROOM. I don't think ANY hospital. I've ever been to has actual patient rooms on the first floor...it's reception, the lobby, the ER, exam rooms the cafeteria, and a few other offices  But hell remember when Candace was able to walk from that waiting room and down the hall to a frigging OPERATING ROOM! How the hell did she even know where to go to. What's she do walk the entire hospital and get into and actually operating suite? Oh...that was in an earlier season when there was NO security even though she was cursing people out and jumping bad with nurses.....TP's hospital scenes are a sore point with me. 

Sooooowhat page did Quincy tear out of the the Social Worker's file.....Candace's new fancy address???

4) So Kathryn is working out -- OUTSIDE in the sun --  in a LONG SLEEVE, FITTED jogging outfit in SAVANNAH? OK, yeah right?

5) Wait what has been said FOR SURE....it was 270K A YEAR, right....payments to Celine? 

Edited by selhars

That police woman, the actress looks good, I forgot her name.

She's the one who married Eddie Murphy in Coming to America. I swear it looks like she hasn't aged. I also think she had a kid with one of the guys from 

Kid n Play, the brown skin one. Yeah, they have a kid together, who's got to be grown man by now.

Veronica still hasn't turned into a pile of dust yet.  No, all I get is her sorry ass falling to the floor fake crying, ugh.  Team Maggie for sure even more so because of what she's done to her own son and having someone else's child raped. Why is she still alive? This is beyond "love to hate" type feeling you have for a character. I can't stand looking at her. 

Hannah gets on my nerves. But maybe Candace is capable of running a car into someone's house. I don't know, I haven't been watching consistently. But other than blackmail and extortion is Candace also known for committing violent acts and destroying property?

Because if not, where the hell did her mother come up with thinking that Candace would have her house destroyed?  

Is she crazy? Does she think that Candace would get behind the wheel and harm a strand of that weave just to destroy her house for custody?

Or does she mean that Candace got Quincy or someone else to drive that car through that house for her?

Celine, I just can't, WOW.

Edited by represent
  • Love 1

Hannah gets on my nerves. But maybe Candace is capable of running a car into someone's house. I don't know, I haven't been watching consistently. But other than blackmail and extortion is Candace also known for committing violent acts and destroying property?

Because if not, where the hell did her mother come up with thinking that Candace would have her house destroyed?  

Is she crazy? Does she think that Candace would get behind the wheel and harm a strand of that weave just to destroy her house for custody?

Or does she mean that Candace got Quincy or someone else to drive that car through that house for her?

Quincy is the one who drove the car in to Hannah's house. It was shown that he was doing it and then he got out of the car without a scratch. Heh.

Candace would not have put Quincy up to it because they hate each other and Quincy has been looking for her so he could kill her ass and take his kid back. 

Hannah always thinks the worst of Candace because Candace is always up to no good. Not this time, though. It was all Quincy's randomness. 

Oh man, when Oscar did that $500k transfer for Candace, she gave him her banking info. Yikes.

Okay, so the $270k was apparently the sum of multiple payments to Celine and not an annuity. That makes more sense.

Ohhhh good one! Oscar having her banking info never crossed my mind. I can't wait to see what he does. Don't disappoint me, Oscar!

I thought the $270K was her yearly salary for being the Cryer's housekeeper and keeping her big mouth shut about the kids. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1

I thought the $270K was her yearly salary for being the Cryer's housekeeper and keeping her big mouth shut about the kids.

The previous episode left that impression but I think it was either poorly written or misspoken dialogue. The way Jim and Celine talked about it in this episode sounded to me like it was series of payments that so far had added up to $270k. It sounded like some of it was used to buy the place where Celine lives. In any case, Celine is not living a $270k a year lifestyle, even if we allow for a college fund for her youngest kid and a nice car. The only other thing that would make sense is if she's a shopaholic or has some other addiction.

Quincy is the one who drove the car in to Hannah's house. It was shown that he was doing it and then he got out of the car without a scratch. Heh.

Yeah, I know this, I saw it. But I was wondering if Candace had ever resorted to violence as in what was Hannah's logic in thinking that she would mess up her weave  and basically put her life at risk in such a way even to prevent her mother from getting custody? I mean from what I've seen her MO is blackmail, extortion I think? I haven't watch this show from the beginning so I was just wondering if heard Hannah correctly in that she actually thinks Candace would literally get behind a wheel and crash herself into a house? Or did she mean that Candace got Quincy or someone else to do it?

And yes, I know Quincy hates her as visa versa, he wants to kill her. But I'm speaking of Hannah's thinking and her hate for her daughter. Well maybe not hate because she wouldn't let Catherine kill her and she always telling Catherine that Candace is her child. But she certainly lacks any empathy in the part she played for ignoring her daughter's childhood rape only to later tell her she needs to get over it. I'm sorry, I just can't stand that part of Hannah's character. Like I said before, she gives me a vibe of one of those woman who simply loves their sons more than their daughters. And I have no doubt that if her exboyfriend had raped her precious Benny she wouldn't be telling a devious, spiteful Benny to get over it. She'd give him chance after chance and all this understanding and she might even had killed that exboyfriend. She seems to be a good woman overall but her lack of empathy for her daughter just rubs me the wrong way.

I mean have you ever seen a scene where Hannah mixed criticism with encouragement toward her daughter? Has she ever spoken to Candace where she called her out on her horrid ways yet in the next breath told her how wonderful she could be if she did such and such and such? I'm asking because like I said I've have not been watching from the beginning. 

Either way, it sounds like Hannah is talking out of her ass. Yeah Candace may always be conning someone but I'm figuring she has a MO. There are certain things that she does, and from what I've seen even paying someone to crash into her mother's house doesn't seem like one of them. 

Edited by represent

Represent, Hanna didn't not just tell Candace to get over her rape, nor was she not empathetic about her situation.  I remember that seen after Amanda's suicide, Hanna came to see Candace to repair their relationship and asked Candace to forgive her for what happened to her as child. Also they resolve the misunderstanding in which Candace thought her mother didn't do anything after Candace told her what happened but in reality Hanna called the police and he was sent to jail but apparently never addressed it to Candace. Hanna told Candace to forgive for her own sake rather than be bitter and to get some help and turn her life around instead of living her life conning and warned her that it would blow up in her face. She also praised her skills a lawyer when she represented her in trying to stop Tony from taking Benny off of life support.  She even told Candace that she loved her and later with Benny she said Candace has so much potential as a lawyer but thinks she's wasting her talents as a con artist.  Hanna doesn't hate her daughter even the actress who portrays her Crystal Fox said so on the Tyler Perry show way back.  She doesn't like the kind of person she is and feels her the way she's living her life will come back to on her in worse way.  Many people are tough on Hanna because of her treatment of Candace, but for most part it is justified as she knows her daughter is always up to  no good and Candace hasn't been respectful to her mother either in the past, looking down on her because she's a maid. As for Candace being violent, she did have Jim kidnapped and tortured him for 7 million dollars, but I agree she wouldn't burn down Hanna's house and don't get why Hanna didn't suspect Quincy.

Represent, Hanna didn't not just tell Candace to get over her rape, nor was she not empathetic about her situation.  I remember that seen after Amanda's suicide, Hanna came to see Candace to repair their relationship and asked Candace to forgive her for what happened to her as child. Also they resolve the misunderstanding in which Candace thought her mother didn't do anything after Candace told her what happened but in reality Hanna called the police and he was sent to jail but apparently never addressed it to Candace. Hanna told Candace to forgive for her own sake rather than be bitter and to get some help and turn her life around instead of living her life conning and warned her that it would blow up in her face. She also praised her skills a lawyer when she represented her in trying to stop Tony from taking Benny off of life support.  She even told Candace that she loved her and later with Benny she said Candace has so much potential as a lawyer but thinks she's wasting her talents as a con artist.

OK, thanks, this is what I wanted to know. So now have less patience with how Candace continues to make choices that will only lead to her self-destruction, especially since she has a child to care for.... 

And I've always thought that her son should be with Hannah as long as Hannah didn't prevent Candace from seeing him. But it helps Hannah's character in my eyes to know that as her mother she did acknowledge what happened, validated her daughter and encouraged her, the rest was up to Candace. 

As for Candace being violent, she did have Jim kidnapped and tortured him for 7 million dollars,

Oh, this is where she got the money from. Now, was she once kidnapped by someone? Because again I didn't watch consistently, but while watching another show on OWN I saw promos way back when and it showed her tied up at one time? I think it may have been last season or even father back than that.

Edited by represent
  • Love 1
Now, was she once kidnapped by someone?

Yes, before she took revenge and $7M of the Cryer money, Jim had his goons kidnap Candace and threaten to abort the baby she claimed to be carrying. Once it was determined she wasn't pregnant (allegedly with Jim's baby) they decided only to keep her for a few days to scare her and let her go.

And I've always thought that her son should be with Hannah as long as Hannah didn't prevent Candace from seeing him.

I have mixed feelings about the custody issue. Hanna always speaks of and to Candace with such complete poison for a woman who claims to be sanctified. Even if Hanna miraculously manages to hold her tongue around little Q he'll pick up on her true feelings. Her behavior will likely make it difficult if not impossible for her grandson ever to have a decent relationship with Candace. I wonder if they have family somewhere else who could take the boy in and raise him?

Yes, before she took revenge and $7M of the Cryer money, Jim had his goons kidnap Candace and threaten to abort the baby she claimed to be carrying. Once it was determined she wasn't pregnant (allegedly with Jim's baby) they decided only to keep her for a few days to scare her and let her go.

Good lord, Jim needs a tranquilizer, he's hot mess. Although I'm with him on choking the hell out of Veronica LOL. 

I have mixed feelings about the custody issue. Hanna always speaks of and to Candace with such complete poison for a woman who claims to be sanctified. Even if Hanna miraculously manages to hold her tongue around little Q he'll pick up on her true feelings. Her behavior will likely make it difficult if not impossible for her grandson ever to have a decent relationship with Candace. I wonder if they have family somewhere else who could take the boy in and raise him?

Yeah, I did think about this, but couldn't see another option. Hanna is a stable woman, well at least before her house blew up. But overall she's stable all around IMO. I don't think she would speak badly of Candace in front of Jr. but he would pick up on the tension. He would notice how much more loving his grandma was with him and his uncle, while the vibe between she and his mother .... but you're right kids pick up on the truth, you really can't hide it from them. They can sense when something is off between the adult in their lives. So yeah, he would pick up on this, but I'm not a fan of foster care. I'm not saying that every foster home is bad, that's far from the truth IMO, but if you can keep a kid with a decent family member, that's for the best. I mean in this case we see what his paternal aunt is doing or being allowed to do with the foster care. That is what she was talking about when she said to Quincy that she needed her check and that's where all those other kids came from right?  There were a whole bunch of kids in that apartment who I don't think she gave birth to. Yeah, that's the scary part of the foster care system. 

Edited by represent
Ohhhh good one! Oscar having her banking info never crossed my mind. I can't wait to see what he does. Don't disappoint me, Oscar!

That particular scene was featured in the previouslies, so shit is gonna go down, I can't wait to see the look on Candace's face.

In scenes of next week, the hitman looks like Jeffrey with a ski mask on!

I mean in this case we see what his paternal aunt is doing or being allowed to do with the foster care. That is what she was talking about when she said to Quincy that she needed her check and that's where all those other kids came from right?  There were a whole bunch of kids in that apartment who I don't think she gave birth to. Yeah, that's the scary part of the foster care system. 

That line confused me, but I figured it was  a cliche way to show the Aunt character was ratchet and low-down and used the kids to subsist, but, the line just lef  a bit of confusion for me, so I decided to just go with it as an indictment of the so-called welfare queen mentality until I came here. Because the writing can sometimes be confusing, I interpreted that scene slightly differently. I thought the implication was those were her kids and she was getting a a "welfare check"/benefits, because Quincy's sister was claiming QJnr as one of her dependents and so without QJnr living in her home, her "check" would be shorted.

It could also be the way you mentioned, Represent, of those children all possibly being foster kids, and Auntie getting a check for fostering kids, but both my welfare theory and the foster theory would have have flaws in that if welfare, some social worker would certainly be checking in on the dependents, and would inquire about the aunt taking care of her incarcerated brother's child. Would Quincy and Auntie have said Candace was dead, and would the social worker just take that at face value. If fostered, can QJnr already be in the foster system without the Youngs knowing? Because again, wouldn't a social worker be looking into that case and contact the Youngs anyway. I don't know so, if anyone has any info on how the foster system works, please share.

So I am still confused. Did Celine get 270000 a year for twenty eight years or that is what it added up to over twenty eight years?

$270k a year, but the exact timeframe was never specified.  If it was across the entire 28 years, that's $7,560,000 (before tax)...which means that either Celine has one hell of a savings account or her husband made off with it or something. 

And now that I've seen this week's episode: I have never seen this show do as hard of a 180 as it did with Veronica, courtesy Maggie.  Maggie finally gives her the "I want your man, but he wants your stupid ass" speech, shows her the proof of her affair, and apparently finally convinces her that (almost) nothing happened between her and David...and the Ice Queen not only melts, but actually cries over it.  I mean, DAMN, after all her shit?  If I didn't know any better, I'd almost think the show was trying to drag her to some sort of position of relative light before getting rid of her...ahem...

Meanwhile, Hanna has officially gone full Florida Evans.  And for once I can't blame her.  Her house is toast, and uninsured (I'm impressed they came up with a halfway decent justification for that, too); she was already stressing over Candace thanks to Q; and here she finds out that Benny lied to her about how he got his new house and business.  It was exhausting to see, even with her gonzo assumption that Candace might have destroyed her house, but it worked.

Candace randomly bailing from the hospital after Allyah told her Quincy had been there (but not that he apparently got her new address, which she was conscious for, so what the hell) was just bizarre.  Even she's not that skittish WRT the Terminator, so that just smacked of plot mandate.

Jeffery finding his car at Benny's tow yard actually was a graceful development, but the Wyatt side of it is a case for So Damn Ignorant.

And Jim and Celine...coming after the past two episodes I'm chalking it up to Jim just wanting to hurt her for screwing up his campaign, and it fits into that context just fine.  The part that bothers me is that, between this and the theoretical pending hits on three people, the show has finally decided to truly make him the villain it's tried to portray him as for two (three) seasons--and it's doing it as subtly as Quincy's car going through Hanna's house.  Annoyingly, since up to this point he's still the one character who's suffered any sort of karmic retribution for his misdeeds, it just smacks of overkill.

• Love 1

I'm having trouble with this one....so this week DA Jennifer Sallison offered Wyatt immunity if he flipped on his parents, Veronica, and David WRT the hit-and-run.  The assumption I'm making is that she really wants Jim for a conspiracy charge (covering up the original crime, getting someone else falsely imprisoned for it), with the others as bonuses.  But her actually being willing to let Wyatt skip on vehicular manslaughter just seems whacked, even for this show.

• Love 1
I thought the implication was those were her kids and she was getting a a "welfare check"/benefits, because Quincy's sister was claiming QJnr as one of her dependents and so without QJnr living in her home, her "check" would be shorted.

That was my take too. I doubt she would have qualified for fostering that many kids in such a small place. It would be easier for her simply to claim little Q as her kid since they are biologically related. Whatever's going on there, that's probably the reason why she let Benny take the kid instead of trying to fight him and possibly draw police and social workers to the scene.

So I am still confused. Did Celine get 270000 a year for twenty eight years or that is what it added up to over twenty eight years?

The character dialogue about it has been fuzzy so it's still not certain. However, based on Jim and Celine's conversation in the latest episode, I got the impression that it's been multiple payments that added up to $270K over some vague time period. No way is Celine living a lifestyle that $270k per year for almost 30 years could afford. (It would be around $8 million.) Plus Jim said he paid for the place where she lives (which isn't much, IMO) and I think that could have come out of the $270k. It's a ridiculous amount of money to have been so specific about. Jim probably didn't make that much as a judge.

I busted out last week's episode again to confirm this...

1. Jim first says "I pay you $270,000 a year to be my maid and this is how you repay me?" when he shows up at Celine's apartment.
  2. Discrepancy: he subsequently mentions Carlos--"our son, who thinks $275,000 a year is living in squalor."
  3. Later on, during the bit about Celine not playing her part on the "team," Jim says "I play my part 270,000 times a year."

And, still, there's no timetable mentioned.  Even playing it somewhat conservatively--say, a decade or so--that's still in the neighborhood of $3M, and Celine lives in an apartment?

Okay but in the last episode it seemed to me like they were backing away from that specificity. During the ambush interview with Jim the reporter said that they were broadcasting from Celine's home in a low-rent part of town. Then in the latest episode there was an establishing shot of a fairly basic-looking apartment or condo building when Jim went to visit Celine. Celine is clearly not living on $270k a year unless she's got some seriously bad spending habits, addictions, or major recurring bills. That amount is not chump change (especially when you don't really have to work for it). Why would she have blown her easy money by outing Jim's dirty laundry? Whatever, something doesn't add up which may just be par for the course with TP.

I am beginning not to like Hanna. I am so tired of her pride. That scene at the end with Benny was a bit much. If Candace purchased both homes and the tow lot outright with the money she extorted can it be taken away? If so how, I would think Hanna and Benny would be OK. Any thoughts?

The show's basically said that Candace paid up front for all the things she's bought (her car, her and Benny's houses, the tow yard, and miscellaneous crap), so that's presumably gone from the original $7.4M she got from Jim.  If her blackmail ever actually got out, and admittedly that's the last of her current misdeeds that need to be outed, I don't think this show would have the stones to have her property seized...pretty much because Benny and now Hanna have to live somewhere.  (That said: while it's implied that Benny now officially owns the tow yard, we never saw him actually mention getting the house put in his name.)

During the ambush interview with Jim the reporter said that they were broadcasting from Celine's home in a low-rent part of town. Then in the latest episode there was an establishing shot of a fairly basic-looking apartment or condo building when Jim went to visit Celine. Celine is clearly not living on $270k a year unless she's got some seriously bad spending habits, addictions, or major recurring bills.

The few (4?) times we've seen Celine's apartment/condo they've used that same establishing shot, so they're at least consistent with that.  But yes--without any sort of explanation as to what Celine's done with the at least several million dollars Jim's paid her by now, we're way deep into WTF territory with the whole schmeer.  Since Celine's one and only addiction seems to have been to Jim himself, maybe it's all in a trust for her kids?  I dunno.

If Celine had all that money, why the hell would she go back to work for the Cryers ? Jim must be a good lay. He played her 28 years. Jim must have at some point told her I will leave my wife for you. He did say his wife and kids came first.

Ugh, Hanna is such an ungrateful witch.

Oh well, Candace had a really nice house for about a week. Unless she hits the lottery I don't know how she can afford to keep living there.

"We will get through this."? How do you get through your spouse setting your bed on fire while you're in it? Plus David knows she's been cheating on him with a guy half her age.

Oscar/Brandon had a tacky limo. No tinted windows? Meanwhile, why did he even bother going to see Candace? Did he want to rub it in? Whatever, “asset recovery”. With some prostitution, and private jet and limo rides on the side, I guess.

Wyatt cracked me up. "I'll text it to you." Like Jeffrey wants to watch a video of Ronnie showing her O face.

Does David seriously think Wyatt getting raped is worth $4M? Or any dollar value at all?

Look at Jim going all Walter White with the simultaneous hits. And then he pulls a fast one on them all and doesn't drop out of the race. You go, boy. Right to prison.

ADA Jennifer for the win! And good grief, was Quincy on PCP?

Wow, now that was a season finale! Ya did okay TP. It’s still a poor soap opera but it is tons better than it was when the series started. Okay, bring on ILYIW.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

I agree Hanna's problem is pride. Don't know how Benny is going to keep the house and tow yard. I would think they can take it. I don't see Jim and David being friends like they were. How is Maggie going to run two campaigns? I am glad he got rid of Celine. At least he did address it in his speech. I wonder if Jim will have Wyatt eliminated after defying him? Looks like Jim is in a no holds barred state.

• Love 1

I thought Jim ordered a hit on Veronica, too. I was really looking forward to that. I don't like that Jim said in his bullshit speech that he used to "love" Celine. Was that to make himself sound like less of an asshole? And Kathryn standing there beside him with love in her eyes. Ugh. Wasn't she done with him after Amanda died? Guess she's not leaving him. She's not as strong as I thought. Big disappointment there.  

Agree Oscar/Brandon going to Candace's house was totally unnecessary. I wanted to see him hang up the phone on the plane with a big ole grin on his face. Oh, and 30% fee on 4 million is a nice chunk of change to get for boinking Candace. So what happens to the other 3 million she already spent on the houses and tow yard?  She can sell all that and still live happily ever after. 

• Love 2
Don't know how Benny is going to keep the house and tow yard. I would think they can take it.

Who can take it?  It's not like David got the government after Candace, David hired a male prostitute/asset recovery agent to get the money from Candace.  Benny's house and tow yard are bought and paid for, all he has to pay for is upkeep and taxes.

I thought Jim ordered a hit on Veronica, too.

He did.  The ski-masked hitman was seen putting the silencer on his gun at the new Harrington mansion.

I was really looking forward to that.

I was too!

He did.  The ski-masked hitman was seen putting the silencer on his gun at the new Harrington mansion.

Oh, that's right. I thought the ski masked hitman was for the professor.  I guess they are saving Veronica's hit for the new season. Or TP will change direction and forget all about it. 

• Love 1

Maybe Candace will have to escort again to pay her monthly bills. I don't know how Oscar did that I would think he would have to know her password and they would fall to verify such a high transaction but this tps world.

• Love 1

I don't understand some people's reaction to Hanna. No she's not perfect and she never claimed be. I don't see how people can sit up and call her a hypocrite or try to use her faith in god against her. Yes she's a cristian but does that mean that she doesn't have the right to get angry at or frustrated with her crook of a daughter. Hanna wants to heal her relationship with Candace but that girl just won't stop lying and conning. People act as if Hanna is supposed to condone her behavior.

• Love 3
Hanna wants to heal her relationship with Candace but that girl just won't stop lying and conning.

I respectfully disagree. First of all, I think Hanna apparently missed church on the day the pastor's sermon dealt with Matthew 7:1-3. Second, I think Hanna gets some kind of ego boost out of her ability to feel holier than everyone around her, specifically Candace. Third, I think Hanna is largely responsible for Candace turning out the way she did and can't stand having that realization reflected back at her by Candace's actions. She never stops badmouthing and backbiting Candace when she could just as easily keep her mouth shut and go on about her life. Yeah, in case it wasn't clear, I loathe Hanna and am dumbfounded that she's supposed to be regarded as an admirable character on this show. AFAIC, she's just as toxic as Jim and Veronica.

• Love 5

Ego Boost? I don't see that at all in Hanna. All I see is a woman that wants her kids to do right. I see a woman who had a horrible past and worked hard to change her life. And Hanna is not responsible for Candance behavior,.Candance is a grown women and as such is, responsible for her own behavior. And I don't get the comparison between Hanna and Haves as parents because Hanna doesn't try hurt own kids.

Is it true what Candace was saying to Hannah about seeing her at the bus stop in the rain and therefore getting her a car? I wasn't watching consistently so....

It didn't play out on screen but Candace did tell Benny that she got the car for Hanna and set the whole thing up.

I respectfully disagree. First of all, I think Hanna apparently missed church on the day the pastor's sermon dealt with Matthew 7:1-3. Second, I think Hanna gets some kind of ego boost out of her ability to feel holier than everyone around her, specifically Candace. Third, I think Hanna is largely responsible for Candace turning out the way she did and can't stand having that realization reflected back at her by Candace's actions. She never stops badmouthing and backbiting Candace when she could just as easily keep her mouth shut and go on about her life. Yeah, in case it wasn't clear, I loathe Hanna and am dumbfounded that she's supposed to be regarded as an admirable character on this show. AFAIC, she's just as toxic as Jim and Veronica.

She badmouths Candace because there usually aren't that many good things to say about the girl. She knows her daughter and what she's capable of and she keeps it real. 

• Love 2
And Hanna is not responsible for Candance behavior,.Candance is a grown women and as such is, responsible for her own behavior.

Yes, Candace is largely responsible for her own behavior as an adult but Hanna laid the faulty groundwork for the adult Candace became. She treats both of her kids like they're lucky she gave birth to them so they can be screamed at and spoken to like dirt.

Hanna doesn't try hurt own kids

Hanna hurts Candace every time she speaks of and to her in such ugly, hateful ways. Every morning Hanna wakes up with a choice either to talk crap about or to Candace--or not--and pretty much every day she decides not to keep her mouth shut and go on about her own life. She just pours on more and more poison and wonders why it doesn't magically turn Candace into a better person.

She knows her daughter and what she's capable of and she keeps it real.

I think "keeping it real" is more often than not an excuse for unnecessarily ugly, over-the-top behavior. AFAIC, when Hanna "keeps it real" she's mainly just propping up herself at someone else's expense. For such a pious person Hanna amazes me at how nasty she can be, even to her own children.

• Love 3