Type keyword(s) to search

The Haves And The Have Nots - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Yes, Candace is largely responsible for her own behavior as an adult but Hanna laid the faulty groundwork for the adult Candace became. She treats both of her kids like they're lucky she gave birth to them so they can be screamed at and spoken to like dirt.

Hanna hurts Candace every time she speaks of and to her in such ugly, hateful ways. Every morning Hanna wakes up with a choice either to talk crap about or to Candace--or not--and pretty much every day she decides not to keep her mouth shut and go on about her own life. She just pours on more and more poison and wonders why it doesn't magically turn Candace into a better person.

I think "keeping it real" is more often than not an excuse for unnecessarily ugly, over-the-top behavior. AFAIC, when Hanna "keeps it real" she's mainly just propping up herself at someone else's expense. For such a pious person Hanna amazes me at how nasty she can be, even to her own children.

She treats her kids like she's lucky she gave birth to them? Sorry I don't see that at all. Yes what happened to Candace as a child was horrible but it's not like Hanna planned for her daughter to be molested. When Candace finally told her what happened she acted accordingly. Candace has been using that as a crutch to blame and hate her mother and continue her terrible behavior. She hasn't really tried to change or grow up and that's what pisses Hanna. And Hanna doesn't just start flipping out on Candace for no reason, it's usually in response to something Candace has done. And it's hard for Hanna to keep her mouth shut when Candace's actions star to affect Hanna and other people that she cares for like Benny and Lil Q. Not to mention what mother is going  just stay silent when they see that they're daughter is self destructive? And Hanna is not propping herself I haven't once heard her compare Candace's  behavior to her own or hold herself up as some kind of example unless in defending herself.

• Love 1

The entire Hanna/Candace dynamic is interesting. Candace was not raised under the best of circumstances, her childhood was pretty crappy. She doesn't feel Hanna acknowledges that enough. In other words, she wants Hanna to kiss her ass but every time Hannah starts to soften, Candace turns around and gets in to some underhanded shit. The only way she knows to show love is through what she can buy. She not only bought Hanna the car but lets not forget when Hanna almost lost her house (season1?), Candace paid off the mortgage.  Of course, Hanna didn't appreciate it because of the way Candace gets her money.  She knows all of Candace's lying and conning could get her killed one day and it scares her to death. Yes, Hanna is self-righteous but I still like her. Candace, I don't like at all. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1

The entire Hanna/Candace dynamic is interesting. Candace was not raised under the best of circumstances, her childhood was pretty crappy. She doesn't feel Hanna acknowledges that enough. In other words, she wants Hanna to kiss her ass but every time Hannah starts to soften, Candace turns around and gets in to some underhanded shit. The only way she knows to show love is through what she can buy. She not only bought Hanna the car but lets not forget when Hanna almost lost her house (season1?), Candace paid off the mortgage.  Of course, Hanna didn't appreciate it because of the way Candace gets her money.  She knows all of Candace's lying and conning could get her killed one day and it scares her to death. Yes, Hanna is self-righteous but I still like her. Candace, I don't like at all. 

Hanna almost lost her house because Benny went behind her back and mortgaged it to get Candace out of trouble. So Candace did n't exactly do Hanna a favor.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 2

Hanna almost lost her house because Benny went behind her back and mortgaged it to get Candace out of trouble. So Candace did n't exactly do Hanna a favor.

Don't remember Benny doing that. Isn't the mortgage in Hanna's name only? Guess it doesn't matter now that the house is burned to the ground. Thanks to Candace getting involved with a thug like Quincy. It always goes back to Candace.  

• Love 1
She treats her kids like she's lucky she gave birth to them?

I wrote that I think she treats them like they're lucky she gave birth them. In other words, they'll never be grateful enough in her mind, especially Candace.

what mother is going  just stay silent when they see that they're daughter is self destructive?

I think a sensible mother would once they realize and accept that they can't control another adult's behavior. Is any of the shite-talking Hanna does to and about Candace having any affect on Candace at all? Doesn't look like it to me and in fact it seems to provoke her more. Maybe Hanna should leave Candace to God and worry about her own life.

The only way she knows to show love is through what she can buy

I doubt Candace has any real concept of love at all since she probably didn't grow up with any. And I think her behavior is more about trying to get love than show it. Note that that's mainly how Oscar/Brandon lured her in: he convinced her that in spite of her shady background he still cared for her and it wasn't just about the sex.

She knows all of Candace's lying and conning could get her killed one day and it scares her to death.

This I agree with. One wonders why David and Katheryn don't have the same fears about Veronica and Jim. AFAIC, Candace, Ronnie, and Jim are all gangsters and prone to do bad things to get what they want. The only difference IMO is the Cryers and Harringtons are rich, have social status, and can hide in their mansions while Candace is poor and will probably never be viewed as anything but a well-dressed hood rat and minor Savannah criminal.

Isn't the mortgage in Hanna's name only?

Candace paid off the mortgage and Hanna's other major bills with the money she got the first time she blackmailed Jim. The house is Hanna's free and clear, or at least what's left of it is.

• Love 1

I wrote that I think she treats them like they're lucky she gave birth them. In other words, they'll never be grateful enough in her mind, especially Candace.

I think a sensible mother would once they realize and accept that they can't control another adult's behavior. Is any of the shite-talking Hanna does to and about Candace having any affect on Candace at all? Doesn't look like it to me and in fact it seems to provoke her more. Maybe Hanna should leave Candace to God and worry about her own life.

I doubt Candace has any real concept of love at all since she probably didn't grow up with any. And I think her behavior is more about trying to get love than show it. Note that that's mainly how Oscar/Brandon lured her in: he convinced her that in spite of her shady background he still cared for her and it wasn't just about the sex.

This I agree with. One wonders why David and Katheryn don't have the same fears about Veronica and Jim. AFAIC, Candace, Ronnie, and Jim are all gangsters and prone to do bad things to get what they want. The only difference IMO is the Cryers and Harringtons are rich, have social status, and can hide in their mansions while Candace is poor and will probably never be viewed as anything but a well-dressed hood rat and minor Savannah criminal.

Candace paid off the mortgage and Hanna's other major bills with the money she got the first time she blackmailed Jim. The house is Hanna's free and clear, or at least what's left of it is.

I don't care about Candace's sob stories. She's grown and most of the time she's in the wrong... period. And as far as Hanna not loving Candace I don't agree with that because when they were talking about all that Hanna had been through with Candace while she growing up Hanna was always trying to help that girl but she just wouldn't stop and still hasn't. Your giving parenting tips but I don't it's easy to keep quiet and watch your child hit a brick wall.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 1
Hanna was always trying to help that girl

I haven't seen any evidence of that at all.

Your giving parenting tips but I don't it's easy to keep quiet and watch your child hit a brick wall.

A lot of things about life aren't easy, and Candace is no longer a child. I think it's a guaranteed source of frustration and bitterness to try to control things that are beyond your control.

Perhaps we should agree to disagree since neither of us is likely to change our minds about Hanna and we both appear willing to debate it indefinitely.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

I haven't seen any evidence of that at all.

A lot of things about life aren't easy, and Candace is no longer a child. I think it's a guaranteed source of frustration and bitterness to try to control things that are beyond your control.

Perhaps we should agree to disagree since neither of us is likely to change our minds about Hanna and we both appear willing to debate it indefinitely.

If you go back to late season 2 or I think early season 3 there was a conversation between Hanna and Candance and Hanna listed all the messes Candace got herself into and the times Hanna tried to help her. And it's good that you have such a calm approach to parenting but I would imagine it's not that simple for everybody.

I got my answer a few pages back that there have been scenes where Hannah has praised the talents of her daughter. She actually has commented at the very least to Benny that Candace could do great things with her life, that she would make a talented lawyer. She has showm remorse for what happened to Candace as a child, the molester boyfriend was jailed etc. Unless this poster was wrong, that's what they told me in response to my question as to whether Hannah had ever had anything positive to say about her daughter other than criticism since I have not watched this show consistently.

I also got confirmation from a poster that Candace did buy a car for her mother in secret because she did not like seeing her standing in the rain at the bus station after a hard days work. They didn't show Hannah standing in the rain at the bus stop, but I've been watching long enough to know she's no stranger to taking the bus. But said poster did say that it was shown that Candace did purchase a car for her mother. But again, the problem is how she got the money to do so, that seems to be the recurring theme with Candace. 

At any rate, if I take all this evidence and do the math it all adds up to love.  While math isn't my strong suit this equation seems simple to me, beneath it all both mother and daughter love one another. 

Except Candace keeps making very high risk decisions and she's got to start easing up on making these kinds of choices because they hurt her and the love ones that surround her. 

Edited by represent

I got my answer a few pages back that there have been scenes where Hannah has praised the talents of her daughter. She actually has commented at the very least to Benny that Candace could do great things with her life, that she would make a talented lawyer. She has showm remorse for what happened to Candace as a child, the molester boyfriend was jailed etc. Unless this poster was wrong, that's what they told me in response to my question as to whether Hannah had ever had anything positive to say about her daughter other than criticism since I have not watched this show consistently.

I also got confirmation from a poster that Candace did buy a car for her mother in secret because she did not like seeing her standing in the rain at the bus station after a hard days work. They didn't show Hannah standing in the rain at the bus stop, but I've been watching long enough to know she's no stranger to taking the bus. But said poster did say that it was shown that Candace did purchase a car for her mother. But again, the problem is how she got the money to do so, that seems to be the recurring theme with Candace. 

At any rate, if I take all this evidence and do the math it all adds up to love.  While math isn't my strong suit this equation seems simple to me, beneath it all both mother and daughter love one another. 

Except Candace keeps making very high risk decisions and she's got to start easing up on making these kinds of choices because they hurt her and the love ones that surround her. 

The question going forward into season 4 is will that relationship move in a positive direction or continue in a negative one. I think it's the most interesting relationship on the show. And yes I can confirm that Hanna has spoken positive about Candace.

Edited by mommalib

If Hanna's house had not burned down, would we have had that rant in Candace's house?

Hanna went to Candace house because she got confirmation from Benny that Candace paid for his house and his tow yard. Which also meant that Candace had Benny lying to her. Her house wasn't the main reason she went over there.

I finally sat down and watched the season finale this morning.  Between this and the episode where Jim made a pass at Maggie, I'm both impressed and amused that you could almost literally see this damn show saying "Oh...yeah...Jim's supposed to be this unsympathetic big bad, right?  We're going to fix that right now."  Which mostly included Jim's not-concession speech, surprisingly good and graceful as it was--and which had a question mark hovering over it the size of Hanna's old house, between what appeared to either be him being as honest as he ever gets or going full sociopath and lying to everybody.

And I'm still not entirely sure which way the show leaned with that, since it was accompanied by the worst Walker, Texas Ranger-esque montage overlay ever of his orchestrated hits on three people...which is, for the third week in a row, a case for So Damn Ignorant.  And, somewhat more gracelessly, the show kind of sped through David deciding to run for governor as well on top of that--but since the whole damn thing ended on Jim, Katheryn, David and Veronica all being hauled off to jail by Jennifer Sallison, I imagine that was a victim of airtime.

The counterbalance of both Candace and Veronica being softened in the name of karma was both amusing and unsubtly sad, but unsurprising after the previous episode.  More so Candace, since this was the first time she's actually recycled any karma since Jim had Mama Rose snatch her up...and they went even more all in than with Jim.  She loses the remainder of the money she got from Jim via "Oscar"/Brandon, Quincy beats her up, and she's lost custody of her son to her mother...

...but then Jeffrey apparently killed Quincy to save her.  I won't even lie: this kind of pissed me off, even with the in-show aspect that he's pretty much her only friend besides Warlock.  But Quincy was definitely extraneous to the show at this point, so something was going to get him.  I just would have preferred it be a hailstone or locusts or something since he went after Hanna on a couple of occasions.

I'll give the show some credit for dotting a couple of Is, though.  Now Wyatt and Jeffery know about Veronica's thing with Benny (though of course Benny had to be the instigator for that last tryst, donchaknow, because men are weak on TP's shows).  Wyatt looked out for his boo and got him immunity on the whole hit-and-run thing.  And they did confirm that the properties Candace bought were indeed paid in full.

As for Hanna...Crystal Fox's Florida Evans thing was downright exhausting in this and the previous episode, justified as it was.  OTOH, even allowing for her raging sense of pride, I'm still amazed she took Q to a motel after Allyah confirmed she had custody of him; then again, knowing this show, she'll either end up at Benny's in the season opener or Candace will somehow end up with Q.  Either/or.

• Love 1

And courtesy the season finale: so Jim has now had three people killed--Professor Rapist, Toxic the prison inmate (who raped Wyatt), and Terrell the prison guard. The problem: Professor Rapist gets popped in a parking lot in broad daylight. Stupid, but okay fine. Toxic gets shanked in his cell...apparently by the guards. And Terrell gets his throat cut at his desk by another guard. Way to save on sets, show.

I finally sat down and watched the season finale this morning.  Between this and the episode where Jim made a pass at Maggie, I'm both impressed and amused that you could almost literally see this damn show saying "Oh...yeah...Jim's supposed to be this unsympathetic big bad, right?  We're going to fix that right now."  Which mostly included Jim's not-concession speech, surprisingly good and graceful as it was--and which had a question mark hovering over it the size of Hanna's old house, between what appeared to either be him being as honest as he ever gets or going full sociopath and lying to everybody.

And I'm still not entirely sure which way the show leaned with that, since it was accompanied by the worst Walker, Texas Ranger-esque montage overlay ever of his orchestrated hits on three people...which is, for the third week in a row, a case for So Damn Ignorant.  And, somewhat more gracelessly, the show kind of sped through David deciding to run for governor as well on top of that--but since the whole damn thing ended on Jim, Katheryn, David and Veronica all being hauled off to jail by Jennifer Sallison, I imagine that was a victim of airtime.

The counterbalance of both Candace and Veronica being softened in the name of karma was both amusing and unsubtly sad, but unsurprising after the previous episode.  More so Candace, since this was the first time she's actually recycled any karma since Jim had Mama Rose snatch her up...and they went even more all in than with Jim.  She loses the remainder of the money she got from Jim via "Oscar"/Brandon, Quincy beats her up, and she's lost custody of her son to her mother...

...but then Jeffrey apparently killed Quincy to save her.  I won't even lie: this kind of pissed me off, even with the in-show aspect that he's pretty much her only friend besides Warlock.  But Quincy was definitely extraneous to the show at this point, so something was going to get him.  I just would have preferred it be a hailstone or locusts or something since he went after Hanna on a couple of occasions.

I'll give the show some credit for dotting a couple of Is, though.  Now Wyatt and Jeffery know about Veronica's thing with Benny (though of course Benny had to be the instigator for that last tryst, donchaknow, because men are weak on TP's shows).  Wyatt looked out for his boo and got him immunity on the whole hit-and-run thing.  And they did confirm that the properties Candace bought were indeed paid in full.

As for Hanna...Crystal Fox's Florida Evans thing was downright exhausting in this and the previous episode, justified as it was.  OTOH, even allowing for her raging sense of pride, I'm still amazed she took Q to a motel after Allyah confirmed she had custody of him; then again, knowing this show, she'll either end up at Benny's in the season opener or Candace will somehow end up with Q.  Either/or.

I don't think Hanna not wanting to stay at Benny's has anything to do with pride. She doesn't like or trust the way Candace got that money She doesn't know what's going to happen or what the consequences are going to be so she's trying to steer clear. 

Candace will get her money back maybe with another con or blackmail. I could not believe that Jim said that he went to church and was a god fearing man. Whatever while you are having people eliminated who crossed you.

She did say something to that effect to Benny, but she's also always been a fairly proud character as well.  Bad combo in this case.

Yeah she's proud but I don't think that's the driving force behind her decision in this case. It's her distrust of anything to do with Candace.

Candace will get her money back maybe with another con or blackmail. I could not believe that Jim said that he went to church and was a god fearing man. Whatever while you are having people eliminated who crossed you.

Yeah I am sure getting that money back will be her main priority and her son will probably take a back seat. Funny thing is she gonna go hard for money that wasn't even hers to begin with.

She still could use those pictures of Jim to get him to give her the money or she finds out that it was David that did this she could blackmail Veronica if she knew that her and Benny slept together

"We will get through this."? How do you get through your spouse setting your bed on fire while you're in it? Plus David knows she's been cheating on him with a guy half her age.

I take it the "we'll get through this is what Ronnie told David?" 

The second quote above says that David already knows she cheated with Benny (or someone).

I didn't see the finale (I can only watch at work and was off that night). So my questions are:

-- DOES David know about Veronica sleeping around? Do we know that for sure? And does he know it was Benny?

-- Does VERONICA know David knows? (If so, there goes one less reason for a blackmail attempt)

David already knows Veronica set the fire to get him....and he knows FOR SURE (yes?) that Ronnie set up the Wyatt rape (right?)....In my mind her sleeping with Benny (especially given that she was using him, and it wasn't a real relationship) is the LEAST of the things she's done in terms of a reason David should leave her. So he knows she: tried to kill him, physically assaults people, caused a scene in the bar, had someone raped -- and he stays...but she cheats on him with meaningless sex....oh and THAT is the last straw? We don't know that that is what will happen.....but I've been done with the David character for a while now.

I do eventually hope I get to see the finale, so I can see Jim's news conference first hand, and the reacts to it. David was suppose to have an announcement too, right? Was Jim supposed to go first and say he's not running...and then David say he is stepping up to run? But with Jim saying he's NOT getting out of the race, now David has to run against him, or stay second on Jim's ticket.

As of the season finale, four people know Veronica's fooling around with Benny: Maggie, Hanna, Wyatt, and Jeffery.  Of course, now that the elder Cryers and Harringtons will likely spend the first episode or two of the next season in jail, that bombshell will just keep on getting delayed...

IIRC, Vanessa spitefully told David she was cheating with a 23-year-old guy, she just didn't mention the guy's name. David doesn't know the guy is Benny. I'm thinking even if Maggie shows him the photos of Vanessa and Benny, David won't believe it until he sees them in the act. Even then he'll probably figure out a way to hand-wave it away; the guy swims daily laps up and down that river in Egypt. And now he has extra incentive to look the other way since he's decided he wants to fight Jim for the governor's seat. He and Ronnie need to present a united front publicly.

As of the season finale, four people know Veronica's fooling around with Benny: Maggie, Hanna, Wyatt, and Jeffery.

Plus Wyatt has their latest tryst on video.

The show is commuting back in a couple of weeks.

But I'm really posting to ask…is is me …or is there no Oprah or OWN thread AT ALL on this site?

I've been looking and can't find a thing.

Oprah's doing a "commercial" for Weight Watchers. So apparently she's going to try to lose weight, AGAIN.

Which is fine, so am I….but I'm just surprised I haven't seen an Oprah thread in the "Talk genre" or one for any of her shows: "Super Soul Sunday," etc.

Unlike TWOP (thank gawd) this site doesn't really try to sort shows into categories like Talk, Drama, Comedy, etc. I think the most likely place for a forum about OWN shows (in general since certain shows like THATHN, ILYIW, and Iyanla: Fix My Life have their own specific forum) would be the Network Talk forum. Under that heading you could set up a thread for OWN.

I'm looking forward to this show coming back. It actually seemed to be getting better while ILYIW has IMO turned into a joke on itself.

Ok, so I'll start. WTH was that? What exactly is Candace trying to do and why is that dolt Jeffrey listening to her? I thought he was starting to grow some balls by the end of last season. Amusing watching the two of them go back and forth about what they were gonna do with the blood spatter all over their faces. 

I see David is still delusional about his wife. If he says "wife" one more time I'm gonna hurl. I can't figure out why he defending that peice shit. Even knowing she arranged for Wyatt to be raped in prison, he still loves that bitch....C'mon!!! I can't with him anymore. And he was my favorite at one time. 

I'm rooting for Wyatt. Get your inheritance and get as far away from those awful parents as you can. 

Loved every minute of Veronica being forced to take her wig off and Katherine forced to take her girdle and million dollar shoes off. Even if it was just standing in front of the counter as if they were voluntarily checking in to prison. It would have been a whole lot more entertaining if they were in the cell spread eagle against the wall like Jim and David. 

• Love 3

Loved every minute of Veronica being forced to take her wig off and Katherine forced to take her girdle and million dollar shoes off.

Would've loved it had the guards asked Jim Cryer to take off his girdle!

Was Veronica's wig from Sherri Sheppard's collection?

• Love 1

I think the line of the night was when Katherine asked Veronica if they could talk about her hair and Veronica said no.  I died laughing. 

I see David is still delusional about his wife. If he says "wife" one more time I'm gonna hurl. I can't figure out why he defending that peice shit.

Yeah, sorry Tyler Perry, do you honestly think warm soapy-like feelings are generated in viewers about a man goes on about loving a wife who arranged for someone to be raped?

Is he serious? I think he is.

Yeah you're right, the only think that's generated is the strong urge to hurl

• Love 2

Since I'm arriving late to the party I guess I'll bring the shallow observations:

Ronnie looks like she's put on some lbs. since the first half of the season. Guess she won't be strutting around half-naked in lingerie any time soon. (And as far as the wig thing is concerned, Viola Davis set the bar and has won the award. AFAIC, everyone else can stop trying to do their own "shocking" reveals of their natural hair.)

Meanwhile, dayum, Jeffrey's body is like a work of art. Did he get even more "swole", lol? No wonder Landon still wants to get on that. And speaking of Landon, is it possible he's gotten even more gorgeous?

Candace may be a disciple of Satan (to let Her Holiness Hanna tell it) but I think her hair always looks fabulous. Even when it's coated with fake blood.

Yeah, the dialogue is still weak and repetitive at times, and some of the scenarios are ridiculously soapy and old-fashioned. On the other hand, it looks like the sets have been upgraded a bit. Whatever, I thought this episode set up the rest of the season very nicely and I'm looking forward to watching it.

Now that I've finally seen the season opener (hey, this thread has caught up with the actual season numbers now!)...it did do an okay job of setting up the basic storylines for at least the first part of the season (the rift between Jim and David, and perhaps a smaller rift between Katheryn and Queen Bitch Veronica, and How To Lose A Guy In Ten Episodes Knowing This Show).  But it still felt oddly tiresome, or at least irritating, the way it largely seemed to go about it--and I can't quite put my finger on why.

OTOH, it actually went all the way there and paid full-on lip service to David loving his wife--faults, or fault lines in her case, and all.  And Jim, as a sort of audience analogue, was the one who got to at least roll his eyes at it; I've said before that David's love for Veronica is both the best and worst thing about this show, and this highlighted the hell out of it.  It worked, it did what it was supposed to...but I can't help thinking my reaction to that isn't quite the intended one, since it was "Yeah...I'm kind of over you, David."

Katheryn and Veronica...honestly, if not for the hair gag...?  I was completely and utterly Team Sallison and Team Bitchy Guard Lady.

Then again, they counterbalanced most of this with Maggie finally revealing how thirsty she is for David to somebody--Landon--and plotting to elevate him by lowering everybody else.  That was probably the best part of the entire episode, if largely driven by Landon's WTF faces over the whole thing (which, I think, now puts him and Jennifer Sallison as the sanest people on the entire show).

The Jim Cryer I AM TIRED Award went to Hanna, though.  Even over crazy-ass Candace and freaked-out Jeffery and dead-ass Quincy the Terminator.  Even Florida Evans' pride had its limits, for chrissakes...I'm not inclined to think that she'll lose custody of Q due to that, but for the moment it was exhausting as hell to get her umpteenth railing-on about how the house Candace bought for Benny was TEH EVUL.  I mean, damn, Benny was the voice of reason here.  BENNY.

And as for the aforementioned dead-ass Quincy...if not for Candace's new neighbor Nona from Sam & Cat popping up in the previews for this week's episode, I'd indeed be completely over this.  Unless Tyler Perry's been taking classes or watching episodes of Passions between production cycles, I fully expect this to be dragged out for at least the next two episodes...if not longer...and it's already too long now to have had nothing at all happen.

• Love 2

Did my eyes deceive me?? The DA tried to bone David?

Yessss! So loving, ever so faithful to Veronica David did cheat at one time. So random. Leave it to Tyler Perry to throw shit in the mix that makes no sense at all. 

I hate Jeffrey. Dammit, Grow Up!! He has taken about 1,000 steps backwards this season. That whole scene with him having to move the car was painful to watch. 

Nice body, Wyatt. I see he's drinking again. Home alone dancing around the house in his underwear while the parents are in jail, gleefully waiting for the DA to get his inheritance for him.  Never mind that his sister blew her brains out in the room upstairs. 

I actually fell asleep and woke up twice during this ep.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1

This was almost like watching a Tyler Perry COMEDY show.....the incessant running around like chickens with their heads cut off (Candy and Jeffrey)...and didn't they take a shower? Then how come nobody's DRESSED with FRESH clothes on? How stupid for Jeffrey to put on the shirt that has BLOOD on it...And Candy's losing her edge on her "game", but who knew that cop was on the DL?

And the way the DA jumped on David was hys-friggin'-sterical.....

Quincy is like the "Roach Who Wouldn't Die" even after you drown him in some RAID.....Wonder if that's just rigor mortis kickin' in?

Looks like Kat's gonna be kickin' Ronnie's "now-natural" ass when she finds out it was HER who got "Home Alone Boy" raped in prison...

And if Jeffrey is supposed to be a counselor, how come he can't counsel HIS own ass out of a bad situation?

Hannah - just STFU - jeebus....

• Love 1

Jeffrey trying to drive a stick was hilarious. His driving a stick while drunk, not so much.

"Nine is good." Subtle, TP.

Well now, looks like Ronnie owes her life to Candace since Quincy won't able to complete the hit. Lol, that's what happens sometimes when a job gets handed off to a cheap subcontractor.

Even if the houses and the tow yard are paid for they'll probably still have property taxes assessed every year. Candace doesn't have a job and surely Benny's business earnings won't cover it. Meanwhile, how long does self-righteous Hanna expect to hide her and little Q's living situation from CPS?

Wait, what? Did we know before now that David and DA Jennifer had a past together? Was that before or after he got married? If it was before she's been carrying that torch for an awfully long time. No wonder she's so bitter.

Oh FFS, how could Quincy still be alive after all this time and after losing so much blood? Is he a zombie now?

Jeffrey trying to drive a stick was hilarious. His driving a stick while drunk, not so much.

"Nine is good." Subtle, TP.

Well now, looks like Ronnie owes her life to Candace since Quincy won't able to complete the hit. Lol, that's what happens sometimes when a job gets handed off to a cheap subcontractor.

Even if the houses and the tow yard are paid for they'll probably still have property taxes assessed every year. Candace doesn't have a job and surely Benny's business earnings won't cover it. Meanwhile, how long does self-righteous Hanna expect to hide her and little Q's living situation from CPS?

Wait, what? Did we know before now that David and DA Jennifer had a past together? Was that before or after he got married? If it was before she's been carrying that torch for an awfully long time. No wonder she's so bitter.

Oh FFS, how could Quincy still be alive after all this time and after losing so much blood? Is he a zombie now?

It's a damn shame Hanna is in this situation to begin with because of her nutty daughter.

And if Jeffrey is supposed to be a counselor

In a rehab owned by his mother.

In real life, dangerous.  In fiction, hilarious.

This was almost like watching a Tyler Perry COMEDY show.....

In TylerLand the comedies don't elicit a chuckle, it's the dramas that are hysterical.

It's a damn shame Hanna is in this situation to begin with because of her nutty daughter.

I think it's a shame that Hanna chose to put herself in this situation by being so focused on Candace's wrongs instead of her own. And now all her sanctimonious pride and self-martyrdom is doing is putting little Q's health at risk.

• Love 2

So Candace was an abused girlfriend (to say the least). That explains a lot.

Oh of course the cop is on the downlow. Wait, is this THATHN or ILYIW?

Did we really need to see Quincy's extended death sequence? And in a crucifixion posture, no less. Please. And now that his gangster sister is getting bigger on the scene I wonder if this means Candace is going to be dialed back a bit as the HBIC?

Jennifer's giving $12M to a stone junkie. Not a smart move, Jen. Odds are Wyatt'll be too messed up testify believably if at all.

Bet Benny's gonna get robbed by his buddy War. Dumbass, spilling all his and Candace's money business like that.

Come on, what kind of barely detectable disease could Q possibly have? Whatever, I'd be surprised if the cute little plot device survives past the end of the season.

Bet Benny's gonna get robbed by his buddy War. Dumbass, spilling all his and Candace's money business like that.

I don't know why Benny felt the need to tell those two guys anything about the business. They were acting like pissed off ex girlfriends the entire time and he just kept spilling details instead of being a normal person and going "Never mind. Obviously you two have beef so I'll let you take it outside and I'll hire actual non criminals to work in my now legitimate business. BYE!!"

*Sigh* So many of these people are beyond idiots, it makes it hard to even believe they managed to get through this much of life without being rolled. 

Edited by wayne67

TP does it again!! This man is obsessed with men being aroused. Why would Jeffrey get aroused at a cop pulling him over in the middle of nowhere. We have to assume with all the "rogue cops" killing young black men in the news..Jeffrey should have been terrified,not aroused! { The cop looks at Jeffrey'scrouch and says 'oh..I see you like that'} REALLY Tyler!

And on the topic of TP's obsession with men's crotches ..he seems to also be obsessed with men half naked for no reason. i.e. Wyatt dancing around the house in his underwear.

Speaking of Wyatt...how much damn cocaine is he planning on snorting???!! I chuckled when he bought that seemingly kilo of cocaine from his hookup!! El Chapo would love to get his hands on a bundle that huge!! Wyatt should be dead of an overdose if he plans to snort all that!!

The cops nosy mom was hilarious! I mean, why is every one who does wrong on this show so "connected"??? Her son is a cop...her brother in law is "something or other" ...I forget.... but that's why she can call the police repeatedly over mundane issues???

Lastly, the CPS worker needs to be fired. She has committed all kinds of employment and ethics violations (last season, telling Hanna things about Candace's suitability file she shouldn't be allowed to divulge, now this season..knowing Hanna has no residence for a child you placed in her care, then giving her extended time before she "tells my boss")

I admit I have to watch THAHN on Demand or DVR. These long a$$ scenes with senseless dialogue makes me hit the fast forward button. Just like it took almost a whole season to bury Amanda, I guess these people will spend the "weekend" in jail this whole season !!

What will War do now that Quincy is dead and he tripped over the body……no doubt, he'll ask for more money from Candace to keep it quiet and get rid of the body….but…..she really doesn't have any money to tie now. Which of course, he won't believe.

Thank God the call went out about getting Jeffrey to the police station, right? Whew. That cops's dialog was asinine. So was the Maggie Brandon exchange. just stupid.

Yeah, I also cry foul on Little Q having some illness no one knows about.

I can't take Qunicy's sister. The ghetto-tude is a bit much.

Is Ronnie going to say she was raped, and it wasn't consentual? She said something to David like, "You don't' believe me?" Unless she's just going to say, "it didn't mean anything."

I don't even care enough to comment on Kathryn and Ronnie's -- and David's and Jim's -- jail cell conversations. Weak and stupid. Like the rest of this show.

Oh yeah….how about Wyatt drunk in the house…waiting for his "company" to come over……I have no more words.

ETA: oh, three more words: "Benny is stupid."

Edited by selhars

TP does it again!! This man is obsessed with men being aroused. Why would Jeffrey get aroused at a cop pulling him over in the middle of nowhere. We have to assume with all the "rogue cops" killing young black men in the news..Jeffrey should have been terrified,not aroused! { The cop looks at Jeffrey'scrouch and says 'oh..I see you like that'} REALLY Tyler!

That entire scene was disgusting. Shame on Tyler Perry. I guess he thinks he's being so daring and  edgy. Epic fail as far as I'm concerned. Somebody please explain to me how that was necessary to the plotline of this show. 

• Love 3
And on the topic of TP's obsession with men's crotches ..he seems to also be obsessed with men half naked for no reason. i.e. Wyatt dancing around the house in his underwear.

If you've never seen the episode of The Boondocks where Grandad gets a role in a TP-esque theater production, check it out. Some things about this show and a lot of things about ILYIW will make sense if you buy into Aaron McGruder's satire.

Is Ronnie going to say she was raped, and it wasn't consentual? She said something to David like, "You don't' believe me?" Unless she's just going to say, "it didn't mean anything."

I don't know how she's going to deny it. She's already told David she was getting with a younger man; she just didn't tell him who it was. Knowing David he won't believe it anyway unless he catches her in the act and even then he'd probably find some kind of excuse to make for it. There's none so blind as those who will not see...

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

That entire scene was disgusting. Shame on Tyler Perry. I guess he thinks he's being so daring and  edgy.

I opine that Tyler Perry is the most self-loathing, closeted gay man ever!  He just protests waaaay too much.

I don't get the cop thing either.  I know lots of them in different departments and no dress codes allows them to wear that 3 day drunk, scraggy, no shaving look.  Yet all of his cops look like they need personal hygiene tutoring.

Oh but the best LOL moment was the cop using the term "fellatio"!  I can think of at least a dozen other ways a tough guy cop would have expressed the act.  No one uses that term except therapists, doctors and other sciencey types!

• Love 2

Why didn't Jeffrey tell Ronnie that he not only saw her screwing Benny but that there's video of it? Other than that I was loving how he came at her. At this point what has she accomplished with all the crap she's done to try to keep Jeffrey under her thumb? It all falls apart once her victims start comparing notes and the scales fall from their eyes.

I have to say, that scene in the jail between Jeffrey, Ronnie, Jim, and David was well done. The only way I think it could have been better if Katheryn had been there too. She still doesn't know that her BFF arranged for Wyatt to be raped. That reveal is when the real battle starts.

Brava to Renee Lawless for her performance in that scene with Jennifer (and kudos to whoever wrote her dialogue). Too bad this show will never be on anyone's Emmy radar because she delivered some worthy work, IMO.

I think it's a shame that Hanna chose to put herself in this situation by being so focused on Candace's wrongs instead of her own. And now all her sanctimonious pride and self-martyrdom is doing is putting little Q's health at risk.

If Candance has her stuff together her mother wouldn't have to step in.

If Candance has her stuff together her mother wouldn't have to step in. And if it wasn't for Candance horrible choices her mother would still have a home.

• Love 1

Why didn't Jeffrey tell Ronnie that he not only saw her screwing Benny but that there's video of it? Other than that I was loving how he came at her. At this point what has she accomplished with all the crap she's done to try to keep Jeffrey under her thumb? It all falls apart once her victims start comparing notes and the scales fall from their eyes.

I have to say, that scene in the jail between Jeffrey, Ronnie, Jim, and David was well done. The only way I think it could have been better if Katheryn had been there too. She still doesn't know that her BFF arranged for Wyatt to be raped. That reveal is when the real battle starts.

Brava to Renee Lawless for her performance in that scene with Jennifer (and kudos to whoever wrote her dialogue). Too bad this show will never be on anyone's Emmy radar because she delivered some worthy work, IMO.

Ronnie is not Katheryn BFF Hanna is.