Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E06: Nominations #2

• Start Topic

Devin, honey, Brittany did not "misconstrue your words" or "question your honor and integrity". What she did do is see through your bullshit meeting, and catch the clue that Frankie and Caleb were trying to tell you - you basically told everyone that (at least one of) the nominations had nothing to do with what the HOHs said they had to do with. They had to do with the fact that you wanted what you wanted, and you're so, so sorry. Devin is the absolute worst. But I'm almost fine with Brittany leaving because I really hate her eyelashes. They're almost coming at me in the DR. I don't like it.

But wow. I give no credit to Nicole or Hayden for "winning" that competition. That thing might have gone on all night if Paolo didn't figure out how to throw it. Although it did look pretty hard.

In other news, tonight was another boring episode. I can't get past Devin being an overwhelming asshole to appreciate anything else which might have happened. Oh, except for the fact that Zach is straight, y'all. He only dates girls. Cuddling and wanting to be with Frankie all the time means nothing because Zach only dates girls. So lets just clear that up now. Zach likes girls.

• Love 8

Caleb is scary, y'all.   It's one thing for a guy begin comfortable to show his emotions.  But the dead eyed, monotone demeanor when he was talking about how he needed to be cuddled was creepy.  Also creepy:  Devin cutting off Amber when she was trying to talk in the HOH.  

I enjoyed the Zach Hearts Frankie montage, but seriously I don't know what to make of that boy.  My first thought was heteroflexible, but HF guys aren't really touchy-feely.  I'd go with bi, but he's got the whole "I'm straight, totally!  Really, I am!" thing.  I'd say confused, but that's what I am after watching him.

What is wrong with these people?  Why hasn't the house banded together to get Devin out?  The man is off his rocker.  His own alliance mates can't trust him, his enemies see him for how dangerous he is.  It's too early in the game to be keeping him around as some you can surely win against.  I think the Dome should want him voted out.  Er, wrong CBS show.  I mean the House should want him voted out.

• Love 3
(edited)

In other news, tonight was another boring episode. I can't get past Devin being an overwhelming asshole to appreciate anything else which might have happened

I think this being the third post (at 47 minutes past show's end) confirms your assumption... snorefest!!!

Edited by Wandering Snark

"I remember from when I was in Vietnam, right Devin?" Oh Donny I legitimately laughed out loud at that DR. (I'm paraphrasing but found it hilarious, especially with the wink.)

I might think about DOR with Devin in the house. He is terrifying.

Zach dreams about jellybeans. Good to know.

• Love 3

Also creepy:  Devin cutting off Amber when she was trying to talk in the HOH.

I thought this before, but once again, this episode brings it home that Devin never stops talking.  Dude loves the sound of his voice.

And he's scared to death of Brittany because she doesn't hide that she sees right through him.  (I think most of them do, but they are all more coy about it and humor him.)

Definite snore fest, though I did enjoy the Frankie/Zach montage. Nicole and Hayden did not impress on the comp. Devin's coming clean with Donny and then the house just made me roll my eyes. Brittany did not question his integrity, she just totally called him on his bullshit.

Yeah Paola was way too obvious about throwing it. She and Brittany kind of sabotage themselves. Hayden only answered one question and Nicole did absolutely nothing. Why do they think she's so smart, "intellectually above and beyond"? Huh?! I like her but I wouldn't use the word smart to describe her 

Devin is so annoying. Why do people do what he says? Devin was crying about "the greats" of the Big Brother game? Insert eye rolling here. 

I like Britany actually. She makes things interesting and it would tick off Devin if she stayed. Paola is boring and weak and annoying. So I think she should leave.

So is Zach saying that he isn't gay? Or even bi? I don't get it.

Also creepy:  Devin cutting off Amber when she was trying to talk in the HOH.

YES. She was just trying to explain what he hadn't said yet and he was all dick swinging asshole about it and actually SMIRKED all smug like to cut her off. I cannot stand him. He also took that meeting over to explain to Amber's nominations why she nominated them. WTF dude????

• Love 1

Hayden only answered one question and Nicole did absolutely nothing. Why do they think she's so smart, "intellectually above and beyond"? Huh?! I like her but I wouldn't use the word smart to describe her.

But... but... she wears GLASSES!!!

• Love 8

I find it hard to believe that both Christine and Nicole are wearing on purpose nearly identical glasses that in no way shape or form fit their faces. Those have to have been given to them by production. And I'm kind of rooting for Nicole to go just so she will stop pushing them up the bridge of her nose.

• Love 1

I find it hard to believe that both Christine and Nicole are wearing on purpose nearly identical glasses that in no way shape or form fit their faces. Those have to have been given to them by production. And I'm kind of rooting for Nicole to go just so she will stop pushing them up the bridge of her nose.

*pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose* I don't know, I find it kind of endearing...

• Love 4

Loved the Zrankie segment. I now want to hang out with them. It is different to see a straight guy act that way with a gay guy, but women do that stuff all the time and its normal. I want to see more of their interactions.

Devin, ugh.

Caleb crying because he wants to cuddle. Ok?

• Love 2

I'm still confoozled by all the touchy-feely, let's cuddle, I love you-I love you too, man-tears of this season.  It's a far cry from BB 15, but still, it's weird.  Zrankie was all ... I don't know.  I liked it, but I don't know.  Is Zach going to be ridiculed by his other STRAIGHT friends when he's bounced from the house?

(edited)

As someone who was home at the time and watching the whole O.J. Simpson trial and read the books that came out later-- I can't look at Devin without seeing O.J.  I'm not saying he's a bad guy or anything like that-- but he looks like him and his whole 'I'm the BOSS' demeanor is so like what I've read about O.J.  Almost all the books written said he loved to hear his own voice and would just talk and talk and talk until his friends and hangers on would want to scream (but apparently hung around him for his position).  His opinion was Final.  And when I read about Devin and all the boring talk he's doing and the way he pulls the Boss card, it just reminds me of O.J.  Plus he's nice looking and muscular.  I can see why the hamsters are doing things his way and complaining in private.  He's a very commanding presence-- right or wrong! 

Whoops!  I'm new to this (wonderful!) forum and may have put this in the wrong place!  Sorry~~~

Edited by stcroix

Zach dreams about jellybeans. Good to know.

And unicorns.  Don't forget the totally straight unicorns.

FLOVED Brittany's "Ditto" to Devin.  I'm sure the real reason he doesn't want her there is because he can't control or mansplain to her.

• Love 9

I do not believe for even a nanosecond that Pao threw that competition.  I think she just isn't a very good player.  Devin's lucky his plans didn't involve her trying really hard and winning, she really is the weakest player.

I'm still confoozled by all the touchy-feely, let's cuddle, I love you-I love you too, man-tears of this season.  It's a far cry from BB 15, but still, it's weird.  Zrankie was all ... I don't know.  I liked it, but I don't know.  Is Zach going to be ridiculed by his other STRAIGHT friends when he's bounced from the house?

Yes, and to his friends he will probably be like "I was just lying to that guy!  I was playing the game by getting him to like me!"

Apparently, as mentioned, he hates people but loves him some gay people... he's an enigma. But I bet he's making poor Caleb jealous because we all know how much he misses his friends cuddling him. Everyone is, rightly, saying Devin is a ticking time bomb gamewise but it seems like Caleb is a ticking timebomb in life, let's not forget he's around guns daily. And that the two were there all staring forward dead-eyed comiserating with each other about it was wayyy creepsvile. Jinkies.

(edited)

Devin, honey, Brittany did not "misconstrue your words" or "question your honor and integrity".

Indeed not.  She was actually taking Devin's "confession" at face value ("last week, I pushed to get Donny nominated") and used that information to realize that Caleb and Frankie were liars.  ("We're just nominating the people who fell off first in the HoH comp because we love everybody equally."  It was a lie when Kail said it in S8, and it's a lie now.)  Devin, dear, you are not Caleb.  It's true you're both repulsive meatheads, but he's a racist stalker with tacky tattoos, and you're a 'roid-raging paranoid nutbar.  There's lots of differences!  Okay, you're probably both misogynists, but still.

Not thrilled to see Joey still in the opening credits;  I want walkout footage, dammit!  When we get down to the Final Four, we're still going to have to wade through 16 names in the credits, is that it?  Feh.   (On the other hand, at least we got a replay/fade up to full color tonight;  it's about time.)

Zach only dates girls, honest!  He may have blown every guy in his frat at UF, but he never took a guy on a date!  (Okay, probably not the hairsplit he was intending, but you never know.)

Rooting hard for Brittany to win the POV.  Maybe Devin would backdoor Amber because he thinks she's distracting Caleb from the game?  ("Girls are just poison, brah.  Trust me.")

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 1

They're the fashion right now.  Even Caleb was wearing them at one point!  I think they look fine.  I wouldn't *wear* them, but they look fine.

I liked it, but I don't know.  Is Zach going to be ridiculed by his other STRAIGHT friends when he's bounced from the house?

Zach doesn't have friends.

FLOVED Brittany's "Ditto" to Devin.  I'm sure the real reason he doesn't want her there is because he can't control or mansplain to her.

"Mansplain,"  BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!  We're gonna use this later.  ;)

• Love 1
(edited)

Devin is so lacking in self-awareness, it's truly mind-boggling. But even more mind-boggling is why the entire house continues to do his bidding. He has this super alliance, and it should be obvious to everyone. But even certain members of his alliance should be taking note. He has a meeting with "key members" of The Bomb Squad, so clearly there is almost an alliance within an alliance and certain other members are more expendable. Some of them should have a clear exit strategy. 

Devin calls Brittany the most paranoid person in the house??? Pot, the kettle is knocking. And he can't even see how obvious it was that he DID give away last week's nomination strategy and that Brittany was NOT the only one who came to that conclusion. He is just in his own crazy Devin world, and only comes out when he steps in Caleb's crazy "I just want to be cuddled world". This house has some truly unhinged members.

Yet people continue to just go along with that these insane people want. Although, I'm still not entirely sure that Paola really threw that BOTB comp. I think she really just had the wrong answer. Either way, I was so glad Nicole and Hayden won because I really like their "nerd" alliance with Christine. Christine is totally the grown-up Olive Hoover from Little Miss Sunshine and I LOVE her. I just hope her double dipping doesn't come back to bite her in the end. 

What I would really love to see is a week where the two HOHs do not like each other at all. Like Brittany and Devin as HOH - that would be hilarious, and also really up the tension. I don't know if we'll ever get to that point, though. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 1
But wow. I give no credit to Nicole or Hayden for "winning" that competition. That thing might have gone on all night if Paolo didn't figure out how to throw it. Although it did look pretty hard.

I disagree. I think Nicole and Hayden had the right strategy - don't buzz in unless you're absolutely sure. Brittany and Paola both buzzed in with wrong answers, which ends up being a benefit to the other team. I really do think they took the "slow, but steady" approach and it worked for them. 

Is Zach going to be ridiculed by his other STRAIGHT friends when he's bounced from the house?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any friends. And he definitely doesn't have any co-workers to worry about. So unless his little brother razzes him on the golf course, he's probably good. 

Devin!  Shut up!  Close your mouth!  Good God!  Has there ever been a worse player than him?  Honestly, he makes an alliance, then spills the beans to people about it.  Then he makes a plan or wonders about another player and then the guilt racks him so bad he spills the beans on himself!  WTH? 

And this whole, riding along doing what the house wants.  I was proud of Joey for asking Devin, "What the house wants?  Who would that be?" I would have asked same question.  Why isn't anyone asking who exactly is the house and why does it demand it?  Saying, "Its what the house wants" is a real dead giveaway that there is an alliance running things.  Haven't these people ever watched this show? 

I hope Brittany wins the Veto, hahaha. 

And I saw that when Amber tried to help explain.  It's her right as HOH since she made those nominations.  And Devin waived her off and shut her up and smirked and continued to mansplain.  I hate him.

And I hate all the self satisfied smirks and smiles. 

• Love 1

What is wrong with these people? Why hasn't the house banded together to get Devin out? The man is off his rocker. His own alliance mates can't trust him, his enemies see him for how dangerous he is. It's too early in the game to be keeping him around as some you can surely win against. I think the Dome should want him voted out. Er, wrong CBS show. I mean the House should want him voted out.

Kinda hard to vote him out when he's HOH. But there is always next week.

Loved it when Devin was explaining Amber's -- err --Devin's nominees. We all know he bulldozed her into it.

Caleb has gotten a really good and probably skewed edit. My kids love him but then their only opinion of him comes from the show.

Lets hope that someone other than Caleb win HOH next week. Then the games should be fun. Backdooring Devin would be glorious.

• Love 1
(edited)

To channel the Spice Girls - what I REALLY REALLY want next week is:

1. Devin to use POV on Brit, to put up Wacky Zak.

2. Payola to go home this week, when the BS flips on Devin's flip on an alliance member.
3. Zak and Brittany both win HOH.

Devin will come apart faster than a Yugo on a country road - ESPECIALLY if neither HOH names him in their initial noms.

Edited by Stinger97
Hid spoiler.
  • Love 2

I'm still confoozled by all the touchy-feely, let's cuddle, I love you-I love you too, man-tears of this season.  It's a far cry from BB 15, but still, it's weird.  

Maybe I sound like a cranky old man, but do these guys represent some kind of generational shift in young men today? Are they all this emotional and with their hearts on their sleeves? Because of helicopter parents and being molly-coddled all their lives? Honestly, Caleb was crying because he missed being cuddled. WTF? And it wasn't even his girlfriend, it was "people" he was used to curling up with and watching movies with. There is something very strange about him but then again there was Devin right there in the moment with him, and then there's Zach, a straight guy (and I'll take him at his word), lying in bed with Frankie asking to be caressed by him. What's with these guys?

I've said it before, but clearly Devin's elevator does not go to the top floor. As Frankie and Caleb tried to carefully explain how he threw them under the bus, he just smiled like an idiot and accused Brittany of misinterpreting him. He clearly doesn't get it and and clearly spends a lot of time smiling like an idiot and wondering why other people just don't get it.

I personally haven't been enjoying Donny but I did crack up at his wink in the DR about being in Vietnam. 

• Love 1

Maybe I sound like a cranky old man, but do these guys represent some kind of generational shift in young men today? Are they all this emotional and with their hearts on their sleeves? Because of helicopter parents and being molly-coddled all their lives? Honestly, Caleb was crying because he missed being cuddled. WTF? And it wasn't even his girlfriend, it was "people" he was used to curling up with and watching movies with.

Same here. I guess we're just old. I was discussing this same thing with my wife, though, and she said our older daughter (a 26yo bartender) would probably just look at these cuddleboys and shake her head while laughing - so I don't think we're THAT far out of touch. Just another occasion to weep for this generation. Bet not a one of them knows how to change a set of spark plugs.

Devin is almost unbearable to watch. I can't stand to see his stupid full of himself smile. He reacts to thoughts that pop up in his head before thinking them through. Has he never watched the show? House meetings never go well & I would have had a very hard time sitting through his crying spell without laughing. I love how Frankie continued snacking while he was crying. I don't recall off the top of my head a bigger moron that showed they were a moron this early on. I really hope the rest of the "bombsquad" get rid of him & soon. They are voting out weaker players which doesn't make any sense.

I like Donny for being so sweet & funny but I really like Christine. She's smart & seems to have a good social game. I don't watch the live feeds so I'm only going be the show.

Devin is almost unbearable to watch. I can't stand to see his stupid full of himself smile. He reacts to thoughts that pop up in his head before thinking them through. Has he never watched the show? House meetings never go well & I would have had a very hard time sitting through his crying spell without laughing. I love how Frankie continued snacking while he was crying. I don't recall off the top of my head a bigger moron that showed they were a moron this early on. I really hope the rest of the "bombsquad" get rid of him & soon. They are voting out weaker players which doesn't make any sense.

I like Donny for being so sweet & funny but I really like Christine. She's smart & seems to have a good social game. I don't watch the live feeds so I'm only going be the show.

This!  That fucking smile is painted on his face all the time!  I just can't with him...I just can't.

• Love 1

Maybe I sound like a cranky old man, but do these guys represent some kind of generational shift in young men today? Are they all this emotional and with their hearts on their sleeves? Because of helicopter parents and being molly-coddled all their lives? Honestly, Caleb was crying because he missed being cuddled. WTF? And it wasn't even his girlfriend, it was "people" he was used to curling up with and watching movies with. There is something very strange about him but then again there was Devin right there in the moment with him, and then there's Zach, a straight guy (and I'll take him at his word), lying in bed with Frankie asking to be caressed by him. What's with these guys?

One of the guys, (Zach or Cody I think) said of winning HOH that he wanted it because he would get to see pictures of his parents. I thought that was an odd thing for a young man to say, not that there's anything wrong with loving your family, but wanting to see pictures of his them was the thing he wanted the most because he missed them so much. They have only been in there for a few weeks haven't they?

I remember in Zack's initial interview he acted like he was a hard-core hater and was pre-planning his most ass behavior in the house but once he got in there he seemed to forget all about that and decided to be Frankie's cuddle buddy instead.

Was Caleb wearing yet another one of Amber's dresses as a scarf? Did anyone see how he acquires her dresses, how explains why he is wearing them, and what her reaction to all of that is?

(edited)

Same here. I guess we're just old. I was discussing this same thing with my wife, though, and she said our older daughter (a 26yo bartender) would probably just look at these cuddleboys and shake her head while laughing - so I don't think we're THAT far out of touch. Just another occasion to weep for this generation. Bet not a one of them knows how to change a set of spark plugs.

I welcome the change. I think society has fed into the stereotype that guys must like blue and girls must like pink. Guys have to be macho and know how to change spark plugs! Be aggressive and manly! No hugging another guy. No touching of any kind unless it's family or the opposite gender. Otherwise, you’re weird or gay. I think that stereotype has caused real harm over the last 20-30 years, especially for men. A friend of mine was in the navy in the 40’s and he has told me stories about how men use to be much more affectionate with one another. Hugging. Laying on each other’s laps. And it wasn't "gay". I think it’s awesome that these guys wear their hearts on their sleeves and are not afraid to touch another human being of the same sex.

As for the show itself, not really feeling most of these people. I think this is the first episode where I’m kind of interested now. Devon is definitely weird, I give you guys that.

Edited by KoBnR
  • Love 12

Brittany's eyelashes, super shiny face, and red lipstick were frightening in her diary room sessions. I don't understand, she looks fine in the house footage, but in the diary room? Yikes, HD did her no favours there.

• Love 1

I welcome the change. I think society has fed into the stereotype that guys must like blue and girls must like pink. Guys have to be macho and know how to change spark plugs! Be aggressive and manly! No hugging another guy. No touching of any kind unless it's family or the opposite gender. Otherwise, you’re weird or gay. I think that stereotype has caused real harm over the last 20-30 years, especially for men. A friend of mine was in the navy in the 40’s and he has told me stories about how men use to be much more affectionate with one another. Hugging. Laying on each other’s laps. And it wasn't "gay". I think it’s awesome that these guys wear their hearts on their sleeves and are not afraid to touch another human being of the same sex.

As for the show itself, not really feeling most of these people. I think this is the first episode where I’m kind of interested now. Devon is definitely weird, I give you guys that.

I mean you no offense, but I believe the Navy is the one military branch that seems to have a disproportionate amount of gay men, or at least has the perception of being that way.  And, there is nothing wrong with that, but I'm not entirely sure one man in another man's lap is ever a nonsexual thing.  And thats for 2 women, 2 men, or a man and a woman, I just think thats a pretty sexual thing.  I also think there is a mid-ground between men being terrified to touch each other (a la King of the Hill) and asking another man to caress you as you are sleeping in the same bed.  Myself, I prefer men a little more on the traditional side of things because I don't want a man to be soft like me. I feel like as a woman, I should be a beautiful mystery to a man, but if he is doing the same stuff I'm doing where is the mystery in that?  I might as well just date myself.  I once dated a guy who would cry all the time when we argued, it got real old, real fast because I don't want to be tougher than the man that I'm dating.  

• Love 2

what I don't understand, is why people with somewhat checkered pasts go on this show.  Did Devin not realize that all his scrapes with the law as well as the true story around his "professional baseball" career would come out?  and Caleb's previous posts....surely by now people should realize any past discretion will be found and discussed online.

• Love 1

watch2much, it's because, as much as they all claim to be fans of the show, a majority of Hamsters are recruits, or casual (television only) watchers of the show.  You could probably count the number of contestants (for all seasons,) who were familiar with our type of message board discussions - and the digging that goes along with that - on your hands.  [i'd say one hand, but I'm being generous.]

I don't really have a problem with the cuddling. 

I was watching Naked and Afraid the other night and the guy in the pair was traditional and got furious when the woman caught a fish on her own.  He kept saying over and over, "I'm the man, I'm supposed to provide and be strong.  She's the woman, she's supposed to cook and clean."  Ug.  I wish that mentality would just go away.  Can't we all just respect each other?

Speaking of respect, Devin has none.  I'm just so shocked that he just blurts out everything at any time.  What the Heck?  I miss the Evil Will Days when people actually played the game and didn't roll over and whimper and do "what the house wants."

(edited)

I mean you no offense, but I believe the Navy is the one military branch that seems to have a disproportionate amount of gay men, or at least has the perception of being that way.  And, there is nothing wrong with that, but I'm not entirely sure one man in another man's lap is ever a nonsexual thing.  And thats for 2 women, 2 men, or a man and a woman, I just think thats a pretty sexual thing.  I also think there is a mid-ground between men being terrified to touch each other (a la King of the Hill) and asking another man to caress you as you are sleeping in the same bed.  Myself, I prefer men a little more on the traditional side of things because I don't want a man to be soft like me. I feel like as a woman, I should be a beautiful mystery to a man, but if he is doing the same stuff I'm doing where is the mystery in that?  I might as well just date myself.  I once dated a guy who would cry all the time when we argued, it got real old, real fast because I don't want to be tougher than the man that I'm dating.  

Let me clarify. Their heads lying on one anothers lap. Relaxing in the sun etc. I'm sure there were men who were gay in the navy that did this and I'm sure there were men who weren't gay that did this. I'm not saying lying in someone's lap. Just resting their head on their lap or stomach. I don't see anything sexual about that. As for what you prefer, that's you. And that's great. But men being traditional is a stereotype. Crying all the time can be a problem. Might even be a health issue. Imbalance of some kind. lol

Edited by KoBnR
(edited)

Behind on my broadcast episode viewing and only seeing this now.

Pao Pao continues to (very) unexpectedly surprise me.  I assumed she'd be a total spoiled brat, but despite being targeted multiple times she seems to take it calmly.

Sure it sucks that she's being a total sheep in doing what this idiot Devin says... but then again so is everyone, just to keep him quiet. Promising her "jury" was pretty insulting, but I think she's aware how bad her position in the game is. I'm not impressed with her physical or strategic play, sure, but I am pleased that she's not the basketcase/bitch I thought she'd be.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

Same here, Kromm. From the promo leads I was expecting a stuck-up "All ways are MY way" Big Apple rhymes-with-witch. Instead, I find her personality surprisingly engaging - a sort of upbeat fatalism which, when something bad happens, lets her say, "Well, THAT sucks", shrug it off, and move on. Her comp play is horrendous, but I'm still going to be sorry to see her go.