Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Two

Lady Calypso
Message added by Lady Calypso

This is a reminder for everyone to Be Civil and stay on topic. It's getting a bit heated in here so let's dial it back and get back to the discussion of this particular episode. Thanks!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Trisha said:

It wasn't free. Rosenbaum said they offered him "basically no money" -- so not as much as he wanted. I wish they'd have figured out a deal; he was missed last night.

2 hours ago, adora721 said:

Yeah - I agree he probably didn't get offered a lot. MG even wrote on twitter that he paid an actor $5000 out of his own pocket in order to be able to book them for the crossover. 

The just needed *one* small beat after the hug before she smiles and says "maybe he's wrong about you too, maybe you're not supposed to die." I get that she's hopeful about saving her husband but jumping right into it felt off, especially because she expresses more compassion a few minutes later when Barry tells her about the Lazarus Pits. It's almost like they should have switched the order of those lines. (On the other hand, Iris spent a lot of time in the last crossover criticizing Oliver so I guess this isn't as bad as last year.) 

Agreed. I like her, it doesn't make me think less of her, but it just didn't come off entirely right. But they're packing so much in and even on a good day things don't really get a chance to breathe so I'm not surprised no one put that much thought into it.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

It came off extremely cold by Iris. Especially since her husband was clearly grieving a friend and mentor. Paired with the revelations of Elseworlds it might have the opposite effect on Barry. Nobody expects Iris to cry cuz it wouldnt be believable after elseworlds anyway, but Barry has always thought highly of Oliver. Give your husband time to grieve. 

IMO, "extremely" is an an extreme interpretation of Iris' words and intent.  I agree that Iris or Nora would do anything to get Barry back as evidenced by the fact that Nora risked her existence to meet Barry and that Iris supported Barry in using the LP for Oliver.

No one is pretending that team Flash or Iris wouldn't move heaven and Earths to get Barry back. What I find suspect is that only Iris is being judged harshly for being illogical in her hope of keeping her husband. 

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, adora721 said:

None of these people - Barry, Mia, Sara, or Iris- is thinking clearly.

Actually, Sara was the only one thinking clearly. She tried to warn Barry and Mia that trying to resurrect Oliver was NOT a good idea. But she was overruled. What else could she do?

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Actually, Sara was the only one thinking clearly. She tried to warn Barry and Mia that trying to resurrect Oliver was NOT a good idea. But she was overruled. What else could she do?

Go meet Batman? The plot was there for Sara and Mia to bond, so everyone went along with it because I guess this how they get Oliver back (dumb plan, but... sure).

32 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sara’s actions made sense. I posted in the live thread that she was basically in Mom Mode with Barry and Mia and went along to make sure it didn’t go as bad as it could have. Without Sara there’s a real possibility that Pit Oliver would have killed Mia and no way does she let that happen. Neither Barry nor Mia was in a place to truly listen to the risks and outcome of the Pit so the last thing she was going to do was not go with them. 

• Love 10

Unpopular opinion I’m sure, and apologize in advance for, but....I’m not sure I really understand (or appreciate) Mia’s hostility toward Sara, other than Sara trying to talk her out of using the Pit.  What the heck did Nyssa tell her?  And I kind of wanted Sara to get in her face after the “dad” comment, like “listen here little girl, you have no idea what you’re talking about right now so shut it.”   I mean, I’m sorry - I like Mia otherwise, and I know the whole “chip on her shoulder” attitude is kind of her thing - but Sara didn’t deserve that, especially after Legends has really denied her any chance to grieve for her own father (still bitter).  And Sara knows better than anyone what being brought back with a Pit does to a person.  

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

Unpopular opinion I’m sure, and apologize in advance for, but....I’m not sure I really understand (or appreciate) Mia’s hostility toward Sara, other than Sara trying to talk her out of using the Pit.  What the heck did Nyssa tell her?  And I kind of wanted Sara to get in her face after the “dad” comment, like “listen here little girl, you have no idea what you’re talking about right now so shut it.”   I mean, I’m sorry - I like Mia otherwise, and I know the whole “chip on her shoulder” attitude is kind of her thing - but Sara didn’t deserve that, especially after Legends has really denied her any chance to grieve for her own father (still bitter).  And Sara knows better than anyone what being brought back with a Pit does to a person.  

THIS. And if this is unpopular, then grab a seat, because I'm sitting here at my table for one, because I feel the same way. You'd think Sara was responsible for Oliver being killed.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

I think she was just lashing out from her grief. I see it as Mia already feels comfortable with Sara to take her emotions out on her without creating an enemy. She’d have picked up on their friendship and Oliver’s trust last episode, and no way Felicity didn’t mention their family friend Sara Lance growing up, so she’s predisposed to trust her as well. I hope they come out of this firmly in Auntie Sara and Favorite Niece Mia mode. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I think what's hard about me being on Mia's side is that, although she just lost her father and is grieving, she's taking it out on the wrong person. I see Mia just deflecting to the wrong person (Sara, in this case) because she's talking a lot of sense and Mia doesn't want to accept that what Sara is saying is completely right. Especially factor in that Mia doesn't have ANY experience with Lazarus Pits and Sara does, so I can see why a 21 year old Mia, who just met her father, is being a total brat. That still makes her completely wrong in how she spoke to Sara. And I genuinely like Mia...but she has a lot of anger issues. She takes after Oliver, in a way. Both take a long time to really change old habits. Remember that it took Oliver years before he started letting people in fully. Mia seems to be following his path.

I don't mind the animosity between Sara and Mia, because it's interesting. But it doesn't mean that I'm on Mia's side either. I can like her and completely disagree with her actions while also understanding where it stems from: losing Oliver again. And she's much younger than Sara without as much life experience so her emotions won't be as controlled as Oliver or Sara's. 

Plus...I LOVE Sara. I don't like seeing anyone get mean toward her. 

• Love 7

I think I will feel better about it if they follow up on it in subsequent episodes, and don’t just leave it there.  If it does end up with Mia and Sara forming a strong bond, then I’m all for that.  But for now, it just kind of made me want to shake her.  Don’t be a Laurel, Mia!  Find better role models! 😂🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

On the positive side, I’m all for the Kara/Kate friendship developing here.  I’m loving their scenes, and I could very easily find myself shipping them. I hope Kate keeping that kryptonite doesn’t end up derailing their friendship.

Btw, speaking of shipping, does anyone know what their ship name might be? SuperBat is already taken. 😂

• Love 4

Bringing back Oliver via the Lazarus Pit is a deeply stupid idea. I'm glad Sara was there to challenge it, and I'm also glad that Mia and Barry persisted. It's already blowing up in their faces, but I want Oliver back like they do, so I don't really care, LOL.

Mia has a tendency to get pissy with people who are in her way, but it doesn't bother me *so* much because while it's usually directed at the wrong person, they're usually trying to keep her from doing something that is dumb but well-meaning. I hope it's something the writers will eventually allow her to grow out of.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

On the positive side, I’m all for the Kara/Kate friendship developing here.  I’m loving their scenes, and I could very easily find myself shipping them. I hope Kate keeping that kryptonite doesn’t end up derailing their friendship.

Btw, speaking of shipping, does anyone know what their ship name might be? SuperBat is already taken. 😂

Kanvers! 

But seriously, I am adoring Kara/Kate's friendship. I love that Kate's all in on trusting Kara, and that Kara is a great friend to Kate, even though they only met for about 24-48 hours that one time.

I think what really made this crossover episode great is the fact that we had a lot of the women interacting. Now, of course I would have loved to see more Iris/Lois, but the fact that Iris at least got to go on the mission with Clark and Lois was great. She usually doesn't get to participate in things like this, so at least she got the experience of traveling to different Earths this time, and got to see Smallville AND the Daily Planet. That made me happy to see her be able to do that. 

Factor in Sara/Mia's scenes, even if they were more antagonistic/hostile toward each other, and I'm always up for a little more female interactions. 

Plus...I mean, Mick Rory, even if it's not OUR Mick Rory, holding baby Jonathan all episode. AND Leonard Snart as the Waverider's AI. So many things that made me genuine happy this episode. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Trisha said:

The just needed *one* small beat after the hug before she smiles and says "maybe he's wrong about you too, maybe you're not supposed to die." I get that she's hopeful about saving her husband but jumping right into it felt off, especially because she expresses more compassion a few minutes later when Barry tells her about the Lazarus Pits. It's almost like they should have switched the order of those lines. (On the other hand, Iris spent a lot of time in the last crossover criticizing Oliver so I guess this isn't as bad as last year.) 

Adding just one line— “I’m sorry about Oliver”— would’ve improved that scene a lot for me. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Plus...I mean, Mick Rory, even if it's not OUR Mick Rory, holding baby Jonathan all episode. AND Leonard Snart as the Waverider's AI. So many things that made me genuine happy this episode. 

Oh yes!!! That was awesome!  And Ray’s face, when he heard what Mick was reading to the baby...... “Uh Mick....” 😂🤣😂😀

I’m so glad they got Snart in here even if it was just a voiceover.  That was a great surprise. 

• Love 7
Just now, Starfish35 said:

I’m so glad they got Snart in here even if it was just a voiceover.  That was a great surprise. 

I know! I was expecting him to come around the corner when I heard his voice, and then I realized he was the AI/Gideon of this Earth!😄

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't mind the animosity between Sara and Mia, because it's interesting. But it doesn't mean that I'm on Mia's side either. I can like her and completely disagree with her actions while also understanding where it stems from: losing Oliver again. And she's much younger than Sara without as much life experience so her emotions won't be as controlled as Oliver or Sara's.

That's how I saw it as well, though I'm dying to know what Nyssa told her about Sara. I don't mind the antagonistic attitude as long as it eventually softens, and I think Sara would be a great role model for Mia. I thought I saw a little bit of that when Sara was talking to her about the shenanigans Sara and her dad got into when they were younger. 

• Love 4

Mia has a history of being mad at the wrong people and lashing out at things she cant control (like both of her parents) so I took her being pissed at Sara as her being angry at the first person she could find that she could blame for losing her dad (as she cant yell at the dementors and the Monitor wont react to anyone) and that was Sara, who was trying to talk her out of resurrecting him. I cant imagine that Nyssa of all people would be trash talking Sara! I can see them clashing, as they both have really strong personalities, but also bonding a lot as things go on, especially as they try to save Oliver's soul. I can see Sara becoming a sort of mentor for Mia, and I really hope to see some of that. 

• Love 6

I'm very underwhelmed by this crossover so far. It all feels so meh instead of oh-my-god-the-entire-universe-is-about-to-die. It also feels like this crossover is appealing to the fans way more than actually telling a compelling storyline (seeing Smallville's Clark and Lois, Leonard Smart being Gideon, Brandon Routh's Superman, etc).

Having said that, I did love seeing Tom Welling and Erica Durance again as Clark and Lois :p. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm very underwhelmed by this crossover so far. It all feels so meh instead of oh-my-god-the-entire-universe-is-about-to-die. It also feels like this crossover is appealing to the fans way more than actually telling a compelling storyline (seeing Smallville's Clark and Lois, Leonard Smart being Gideon, Brandon Routh's Superman, etc).

Having said that, I did love seeing Tom Welling and Erica Durance again as Clark and Lois :p. 

Just skimming through the comic again, the first episode should've spent more time on various Earths dying and the heroes fighting. Which could've just been doppelgangers of our heroes.

• Love 2

Mia's antagonism toward Sara in this episode is something that I see as misplaced anger. I think Mia's more angry at The Monitor for taking away her father and not being able to save him. The Monitor IS a huge colossal dick who apparently has had all this power but is being super cryptic and very unhelpful. He keeps pulling people away from their timelines or Earths with basically no explanation besides "The worlds are all being destroyed. Save it." He's the most unhelpful cosmic being out there...or maybe they ALL suck. I don't think I've really seen a cosmic being who was willing to be helpful. 

Mia's mad at the situation, not at Sara. We know that Sara and Oliver both have had experience from the Lazarus Pit, so they know the consequences, which is why Sara knows what Oliver would have wanted. Mia and Barry don't have that experience, so they don't know any better. They don't know the risks of the LP. All they know is that the people they do know that went through the LP resurrection (Sara and Thea) are alive and fine, but they don't know Sara or Thea that well...so they don't know how hard it was for both to come back from it. All Mia hears when Sara is trying to explain why it's a bad idea is that she shouldn't be saving her dad in the only way that they know how, and it probably terrifies her more than anything, which causes her to lash out. And Mia's headspace isn't ready to accept any explanation, no matter how accurate it is.

We know that it was similar to how Sara was brought back; her sister acted out of fear that she'd lose her chance to get her sister back and took the risk...and then suffered the consequences. 

So Barry and Mia's choices in this crossover made sense...but were still 100% wrong. I want Oliver back as well, but the LP ain't the way to go. But it looks like Mia and Barry will have to learn about the dangers of the LP with Oliver's soul currently being lost. If they can't get it back, then they have to kill the body of Oliver themselves. 

• Love 6

Sara's resurrection was a lot ickier because on top of the way she was treated after she got resurrected, Laurel dug up her year-old corpse and transported it halfway around the world. I have fewer issues with bonkers Pit dips happening on nearly dead or freshly dead people apart from the whole lost soul/murderous rage thing.

As for Barry and Mia's actions being wrong, it's a little difficult for the show to paint them that way since I'm sure ultimately bringing Oliver back will wind up being the right decision. But...as much as they can be painted wrong so far, they are. Everything that Sara warned them about has happened, and they're going to have to figure out a way to fix it. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

BR as Superman 😍😍😍😍😍

And I thought I couldn't love him anymore than as Ray. Actually I love Ray best but he was so awesome as Superman. So very Superman like *swoon*

Didn't mind Mia's tanty at Sara and I thought it was very well written and true to both characters. Mia is an angry kid who is even angrier than usual because she just lost her Dad. Sara has experienced great tragedy but she's had years to mature and has evolved to handle things in a very level headed and patient manner. I thought their interactions were spot on. I really enjoyed Sara's "softness". She had her reservations and tried to warn them but ultimately understood the trauma they were feeling so went ahead and supported them.

Really like Ruby Rose as Kate. Never seen Batwoman but I really enjoyed her here. She was a lot more gentle than I imagined her to be as many of the "badass" women in the Arrowverse are written and acted as scowling, posing shrews something which Kate was not at all.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Quark said:

The first few crossovers worked because there had been smaller ones building up the relationships between Oliver/Barry, Barry/Kara, etc. These big ones where they just throw everyone together can be fun, but none of these people know each other or have any personal connection so there's really no stakes to it.

• Love 1

Everyone covered most of what I would say but I have to add my two cents about Smallville/Tom Welling.  

It was lovely to see him and his interaction with Supergirl Lex was a lot of fun but I'm cackling that of course SV CLark couldn't hack it as Superman and chose a "normal life on the farm"  The only thing that would have made more sense is if it was Lana there with him.  Hahahaahaha.  Ten years watching him become Superman only for him to chuck it for cows!  Hee.  ED's Lois remains the only Lois I hate.  I wasn't sure about Bitsie last year but I've loved her this time around  

BR's Superman/Clark was as pitch perfect as anything I've seen.  And it was amazing how different Ray and Clark were from each other.   He deserves more credit as an actor than I think he gets. 

I really enjoyed twisted Bats.  I'm up for any take on the character and KC shined.  

• Love 3
22 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Kevin!Fucking!Conroy! Was the ONLY reason I was psyched for this. And while I got the chills hearing THE ONE AND TRUE AND BESTEST BATMAN, they just HAD TO make this Bruce/Bats a murdering whack job? Who was their inspiration? Ben ASSFleck?🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 Just so Kate could be the Paragon? I really thought I’d be getting Timm’s Batman Beyond Bats/Bruce. To say I’m peeved at this turn is putting it lightly. And I will happily sit at my table for one.

Pull up a chair for me. 

Jon Cryer is not a believable Lex for me, but he was good for a laugh, especially when the BDA punched him out.

Glad Brandon Routh got another chance to play Superman because he was good. Not Christopher Reeve good, but good. Plus he's pretty.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Everyone covered most of what I would say but I have to add my two cents about Smallville/Tom Welling.  

It was lovely to see him and his interaction with Supergirl Lex was a lot of fun but I'm cackling that of course SV CLark couldn't hack it as Superman and chose a "normal life on the farm"  The only thing that would have made more sense is if it was Lana there with him.  Hahahaahaha.  Ten years watching him become Superman only for him to chuck it for cows!  Hee.  ED's Lois remains the only Lois I hate.  

I know, right? But I just remembered the writer of this episode fucked up. Or just decided to ignore the Smallville continuity. In the series finale, we got a “7 years later” where he was still Supes! We 🤣🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆😆 that they still weren’t married! So clearly Clark gave up his powers within the last two years. As for his daughters? Who knows? So stoopid. But predictable.

My favorite Easter egg was the video screen on one of the worlds they just popped into -- probably Earth 92 -- where they talked about Superman dying. That screenshot was the either the cover of the issue or the final splash page where Supes actually bit it for a while. 

And Burt Ward, because he's the Robin of my youth, and for some strange reason made Robin my favorite hero for a long, long time. 

• Love 2

One thing that definitely confused me was Rory. I was initially under the impression that was an alternate earth Mick Rory that happened to be in that version of the Waverider, but then everyone was treating him (and he was acting) just like E-1 Rory. So was that actually E-1 Rory who just bamfed off to an abandoned alternate earth Waverider in order to get some private time to work on his writing, or was that an alternate earth Rory?

ETA: Nevermind. This question was definitively answered in part 3.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
8 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Of course people who think highly of Oliver are not thinking clearly. And want to bring him back. Lets not pretend that Iris or any of WA future kids would not had done the same. 

I guess the point is why Oliver's kids get empathy for them not thinking clearly, but Iris doesn't get that benefit of the doubt.

From my perspective, it was a fault of the writing not giving Iris one emotional beat to recognize Oliver's death - and still have a shred of hope peeking through that maybe Barry didn't have to die. 

The writing has failed Iris all season long, so no wonder Crisis continued to do so.  Before these scenes in Crisis, The Flash show had Iris acting like Barry dying was inevitable and we never saw her grieve for it at all.  We never even got her PoV on it the way other characters did.  It has been a source of frustration for us Irisfans all season long to see her reduced to an SBW trope all season on her own show and then in one moment they flip her on Crisis and don't let her show emotion about Oliver either.

Just crap writing where Iris is concerned all season long.

7 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I had no idea this was an unpopular opinion - I thought we all thought this for the most part... I didn't get Mia's hostility either and felt it was misplaced.    

• Love 2

Okay, I was wrong. The person who wrote Tom’s scenes used to be on Smallville! Guggenheim said what made those scenes so believable or whatever, was because Holyrood was “familiar with the history”!! Yeah? Then he shoulda known Tom’s Clark was Supes for seven of the last nine years! Not a Clark who gave up his powers when the show ended!🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:
21 hours ago, Maverick said:

Why was Earth-99 Luke lounging around Wayne Manor dressed like a gigolo?  Is that Bruce into guys?

Looks at all the other versions of Batman who have a habit of taking in athletic young orphans and dressing them up in rubber outfits or short shorts...

Luke Fox is technically a Robin (or rather, Batwing) in the current comics continuity, so him being at Wayne Manor isn't completely crazy.

• Love 1
On 12/9/2019 at 7:55 PM, Lantern7 said:

and the one consistently good actress on the show is now a prison for her part in a motherfucking sex slave ring. Damn it, Allison.

I just found out about this from your post.  Wow.

14 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Michael Rosenbaum was "offered" to appear---If he would do it for free; there was no script, nothing, when they approached him. And he, (rightfully) turned them down. You want Rosenbaum, the best Live Action Lex? Then you fucking Pay Him.

And I also laughed my ass off that Baby Jonathan cried every time that PRICK Monitor opened his mouth to monologue about why so many Universes had to be destroyed.

I stopped Smallville after the first season.

But I agree, I liked Rosenbaum's Lex more. 

I'm also not even sure that Supergirl needs a Lex, as they did fine without him.  Lena and Lillian were more interesting developments to me.

I don't remember what I thought of the Lex on Lois & Clark:  The New Adventures Of Superman.  But I remember liking that more than Smallville, which is why I stopped Smallville after the season 1 finale.  I did see the series finale, though.  Because I liked Lois & Clark, I probably thought that the Lex on there was fine, and fit the series.

• Love 1
On 12/9/2019 at 11:00 PM, ruby24 said:

I'm also now feeling that Tyler Hoechlin isn't a big enough guy to be a fully authoritative/imposing Superman. Next to both Welling and Routh you can really see it.

Imagine if Henry Cavill was also involved.

22 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Michael Rosenbaum was "offered" to appear---If he would do it for free; there was no script, nothing, when they approached him. And he, (rightfully) turned them down. You want Rosenbaum, the best Live Action Lex? Then you fucking Pay Him.

Sorry to disagree, for me it is Gene Hackman.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

Imagine if Henry Cavill was also involved.

Henry Cavill is a BEAST! He'd probably make Routh look small. It's ridiculous how huge that man is. 

I cried real tears at seeing Tom Welling again. Ugh. I'm such a sap. 

• Love 1

Now that was a really good episode.  A ton of fun.

-LOL, Smallville Clark giving up his powers is the most Smallville Clark thing to do!  I would assume that President Lex has reformed, otherwise that Earth is screwed.  Not sure I like the whole giving up the powers thing but it was great to see Smallville again and Tom's scene with Cryer's Lex was great.  Also appreciated "It took you a decade to get a sense of humor."

-Speaking of Cryer, watching the episode last night I realized that he has now worked with four Supermen (Reeves, Welling, Routh and Tyler).  

-Cryer is good in the role but Michael Rosenbaum is still the best live-action Lex by far.

-Brandon Routh definitely delivered and is still an amazing Clark Kent. Very cool battle with Tyler's Superman and I loved the reference to Jonathan looked like his son Jason. Kara's reaction to him was good. It does once again confirm that he's supposed to be the Reeves Superman but I have to admit not liking the idea of that supporting crew getting wiped out by the Joker. But Routh's appearance is really delivering.  Enjoyed the Supermen battle too.

-Really enjoyed Kevin Conroy as Old Bruce. They said that was supposed to be the Dark Knight Returns Bruce. I know there was some controversy over the Bruce we saw but I had no issue with this. This is just one Bruce and a version of Bruce who broke bad. It's interesting to see and hopefully this won't be the last time we see Bruce on DC television. It was huge that we got to see him at all.

-Nice to see (or hear) Wentworth Miller as Snart. Dominic has been one of the best performers on Legends for a long time so he always works.

-I enjoy the various makeshift team-up. Lois, Sara and Brainiac. Lois, Clark and Iris.

Negatives...Jonah Hex's cameo was completely worthless and I didn't appreciate Mia's attitude towards Sara.

Otherwise, loved it and looking forward to more.

• Love 4

So, I haven't seen any of these shows in like, two years, and watched the first 2 episodes of this event OnDemand, because the hype I had been seeing won me over.

It's amazing how I'm simultaneously able to follow it, and at the same time being totally lost.

But assuming it was supposed to be the same Earth, this event did Superman Returns dirty.

7 hours ago, Last Time Lord said:

But assuming it was supposed to be the same Earth, this event did Superman Returns dirty.

Care to elaborate? Do you mean because they killed off Lois, etc.? I think they just merged two separate Superman stories to get this one.

---

Speaking of Clarks and Loises; I liked how, like Barry & Iris, they're together in every universe. Even E-1 Lois and E-96(?) Clark were feeling it!

36 minutes ago, Trini said:

Care to elaborate? Do you mean because they killed off Lois, etc.? I think they just merged two separate Superman stories to get this one.

Kinda. 

I really liked the cast of Superman Returns (Meaning characters and actors) so finding out that they were all killed by a Joker gas attack just felt very cruel. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Last Time Lord said:

Kinda. 

I really liked the cast of Superman Returns (Meaning characters and actors) so finding out that they were all killed by a Joker gas attack just felt very cruel. 

I don't think he was Superman Returns Supes - he was Kingdom Comes Supes. 

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, Glory said:

I don't think he was Superman Returns Supes - he was Kingdom Comes Supes. 

He was both. Basically the Superman Returns Supes suffered the same tragedy as Kingdom Come Superman. He just didn’t have the same reaction to the event. It’s kind of confusing.

• Love 1
On 12/13/2019 at 8:10 PM, BaggythePanther said:

He was both. Basically the Superman Returns Supes suffered the same tragedy as Kingdom Come Superman. He just didn’t have the same reaction to the event. It’s kind of confusing.

Thanks for the clarification! I did not realize that!

• Love 1

On Smallville's cameo and Lex Luthor. Man, I was right about him in Supergirl. While being in jail, locked-up (ok, SPA resort, but still), he found out that Kara is Supergirl like it was nothing, but was surprised to find out that Clark Kent is Superman (he can't even see without his glasses! Preposterous! How could this be?!). On the other hand, Kara's BFF Lena Luthor, who is always side by side to Kara and Supergirl needed Lex to say it to her face to finally understand. Man, the writing is laugh worthy and abysmal. This is just embarrassing.