Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Crisis On Infinite Earths Part Three

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who can't stand Cryer as Lex. WOW is he a whiny bitch. 

I'm not watching Supergirl, so maybe he's better on that show, but anytime he shows up on screen I just cringe. 

• Love 1

I might not be in the majority but I thought the episode was great.  Was disappointed with the first episode, really enjoyed the second episode and thought this one was even better.

The high point for me and the scene that was the most emotional was definitely the death of Flash-90.  I was a fan of the original show and remember being disappointed when it was canceled.  I thought this was an epic end for the character and I loved the flashback with Tina (he married her!) from the show.  It was great to return him to the Arrowverse.

Was disappointed with the death of Superman-96 although that was a great reveal with Lex.  Though I agree, I will be pissed if that's the last time we see Brandon Routh's Superman.

Barry and Jefferson were great together.  I enjoyed that scene with them a great deal.

Kara and Kate continue to have great chemistry with each other.

Birds of Prey!  Another short-live comic book show I was a fan of.

I've never watched Lucifer (know a lot of people who love that show) but I thought his cameo was great.  Logical that he and Constantine would have the interaction.

To paraphrase, I loved Diggle saying to the Monitor...

"YOU BETTER BRING OLIVER BACK....and my wife too."

Ah, Diggle, there's only one person you share smoldering glances with and it sure as hell isn't Lyla.

Complaints...

The Quest for Oliver's soul should have been more epic but they find him quickly, only for him to run off with a random stranger (I know the character is from the original Crisis comic but it felt rushed and confusing here).

They are already down to 7 characters...wonder how they will carry it from here.

It feels like they can recreate these Earths rather easily, which will take a lot of drama out of this storyline.

Really don't like waiting for another month and feel like this storyline has to keep striking while the iron is hot.

But otherwise, I'm really happy with it so far.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, benteen said:

Was disappointed with the death of Superman-90 although that was a great reveal with Lex.  Though I agree, I will be pissed if that's the last time we see Brandon Routh's Superman.

I believe he was Supes from E-96--Kingdom Come version.

As I’ve said, I overall enjoyed this so far though it does feel a bit rushed and some people aren’t used well at times. One of the things that really bugs me is Tom Cavanaugh as Pariah. All he mostly seems to do is awkwardly stand around and woodenly pronounce woe is you soundbites. Maybe he comes off better in the  comics, but he’s not working too well for me here. I’ve liked Tom’s previous Harry personas in previous seasons, but not his pre-Pariah and Pariah personas this season 

• Love 2

Anyways, worst cross-over movies of Arrowerse to date. So far (minus ep one) this is just cameos upon cameos (oh, yah, and in the background something about bringing Ollie back and paragon yadda-yadda-yadda).

Granted, I don't know how powerful Lucifer is supposed to be in his series, but if judging by comic book lore, the most funny thing is, if he cared to, by snap of his fingers he could end the Crisis. But, since he at this point in time only cares about orgies, so he ain't going to do squat 😄

Also, worst Lex Luthor and the plot revolving around him ever.

On 12/13/2019 at 3:36 PM, Glory said:

I'm not watching Supergirl, so maybe he's better on that show, but anytime he shows up on screen I just cringe. 

Nope, he's not better. If anything, he's a cartooney villain. Everything revolving around him last season was so over the top, that I did not know whether to laugh or cry 😄

Edited by Rushmoras
  • Love 2
On 12/11/2019 at 1:24 PM, Writing Wrongs said:

How was Earth-1 going to sustain all the billions of people they took there?

OMG, that's the only thing I could think of for the entire episode. We just got 3 billion or so refugees (and we all know how well we respond to refugees). Not only that but there will be billions BILLIONS of doubles and our planet can't sustain the population it already has. 

Highlight of the episode was definitely original Barry’s sacrifice. It was also great that they flashbacked to the scene from the pilot with him and Tina.

I guess Arrowverse writers have more respect for past DC incarnations than I gave them credit for.