Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: The World Before

Message added by nodorothyparker

Mod Note:  This thread is for discussion of the episode only.  If you didn't see it happen onscreen, discussion of it does not belong here and your post WILL be removed.  DO NOT DISCUSS CASTING NEWS, including reported cast comings and goings.   We have separate threads for discussing spoilers or the comics.  

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, heisenberg said:

Not true. 

Toyota made a program to take back old batteries of their Prius and the program is not active...  You know why?  Because 2008-2009 Prius batteries are still active.  Same for some  Tesla with 1 000 000 km.  A car batterie is not something that will stop working a certain day.  It just decrease slowy from charging at 100% to 98-90- 80% over time given the abuse (overcharging or totaly draining it).

When a car batterie doesn't keep a charge enough to be used on the road they are recycled to be wall battery in a house and are able to be used for an other 20 years.

For TWD it is different.  If the batteries are new and have been left fully charged in their packaging without anything nearby to drain them they will work, even if they just have 10-20% left when you unpack them.  The chemicals will still react to the charge and are going to be good to go.  

For cars it all depends how they have been left,  if they have been empty for a while and the chemicals fade away they won't work.  If there are still a little charge in it, it will work like new.

...at which point your critical bind becomes maintaining a functional charging system.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

...at which point your critical bind becomes maintaining a functional charging system.

Yes, or learn how to mix chemicals to remake a battery.  If you can empty the cells of an existing one and put back some acid, etc...  It willl work.

It is what I miss the most from this show (and others),  being clever with knowledge and science. 

Let's say, like if they were working to bring back to life an electric dam and power a village doing so, it would be a good thing to follow. 

Doctors doing biopsy to walkers to learn what they are would also be interesting.

But ninja stuff seems more important.

That's me.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, heisenberg said:

Doctors doing biopsy to walkers to learn what they are would also be interesting.

The only time we saw anything approaching this was at Woodbury with Milton. Oh, and at the CDC  Place that Shall Not be Named.

Doctors have very short lifespans on this show. In fact I don't think there is a single one left.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

The only time we saw anything approaching this was at Woodbury with Milton. Oh, and at the CDC  Place that Shall Not be Named.

Doctors have very short lifespans on this show. In fact I don't think there is a single one left.

I know,  But for example just imagine if one of them found out that if you grow lemons they desintagrate when they pass by them?😄

• LOL 3
16 hours ago, heisenberg said:

Let's say, like if they were working to bring back to life an electric dam and power a village doing so, it would be a good thing to follow. 

The Dam idea was good enough for Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, I can see where TWD team have been getting their influences, Caesar / Elpha, eating grubs and shittin’ in the woods, I think Koba  makes a great Bayda!

5B6F2069-51FB-4411-AB63-325D99CC15A0.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
On 12/26/2019 at 5:23 AM, icemiser69 said:

All of those books in the library, and those clowns still didn't have enough brains to strip the library clean and bring the books back home.   There is so much knowledge in that library that they could have used.   I am sure there were books on survival and leadership skills.

largepreview.png

• LOL 5