Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

S01.E04: Chapter Four - Sanctuary

9 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Yep, it was bone broth. And it keeps bugging me that folks order bone-related food for Baby Yoda despite knowing almost zilch about his dietary needs. I mean Mando saw him gulping down a frog but he was also trying to eat that little silver ball in the cockpit. Is Baby Yoda using the Force to make sure he gets his favorite treats?

I think he must be. The bone broth I can hand wave, because I doubt there were actual edible bones in it. But the lady mechanic telling the droids to get something with bones in it seemed out of the blue. 

When Mando was going to leave Baby Yoda behind, I wonder if he was planning on telling Omera that the baby is 50 years old and will probably be a child for her entire life. That's a bit of a commitment to just drop on someone. lol

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Like 4

On 12/2/2019 at 1:29 PM, pezgirl7 said:

I've read a few different comments, not just here, about how incredulous it is that the widow had the hots for Mando without ever seeing his face. Apparently they don't understand the sex appeal of that armor, or his voice! lol Also, the selection of good men in her village was extremely lacking.

Doesn't talk about himself incessantly, good with kids and doesn't smell like krill? That checks a lot of boxes. 😆

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

7 hours ago, The Companion said:

Doesn't talk about himself incessantly, good with kids and doesn't smell like krill? That checks a lot of boxes. 😆

Barely talks at all☑️, draws on, but does not shoot kids that sneak around☑️, smells like mudhorn manure☑️ 😋

• Like 1

Continuing with my re-watch, and this is still one of my favorite episodes of the whole season. I think Bryce Dallas Howard does a great job directing this episode, particularly the battle sequence. Julia Jones is wonderful as Omera, the widow who takes a shine to our Mando. And of course this episode has some of the cutest Baby Yoda moments of the season (the scene where he attempts to swallow, then spits out the frog, while the village kids are completely grossed out is adorable).

Plus we meet Cara Dune, who is badass from start to finish. I also love that shot of Baby Yoda forlornly looking at the villagers as he and Mando go back to the Razor Crest.

This show really has been excellent all the way through.

Edited by Gillian Rosh · Reason: To correct a typo
  • Like 4

According to the Internets this episode, along with episode 5, are the two worst episodes of the first season. I am not going to disagree about episode 5 but 4 is one of my favorites - there are so many adorable Baby Yoda moments in it.

I can't speak to Baby's dietary needs besides his thing for frogs but from what I have seen in certain memes Baby's favorite foods are chickie nuggies and choccie milk, ha.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

10 hours ago, magdalene said:

I can't speak to Baby's dietary needs besides his thing for frogs but from what I have seen in certain memes Baby's favorite foods are chickie nuggies and choccie milk, ha.

He needs some Luke Skywalker green milk....are those Animals exclusively on Ahch-To? 

Edited by paigow

On 12/31/2019 at 11:02 PM, magdalene said:

According to the Internets this episode, along with episode 5, are the two worst episodes of the first season. I am not going to disagree about episode 5 but 4 is one of my favorites - there are so many adorable Baby Yoda moments in it.

I find this one to be very rewatchable. Sorry, internets. 

• Like 5

I like this episode because not only are there lots of adorable Baby Yoda moments, but it's also clear that Mando is getting a glimpse of the kind of life he could have if he ever decided to take off the helmet, settle down and stay out of constant danger.  He's had his wild days, and he's slowly changing as a person.  He's getting older -- not "old," but he's not in his 20s, in other words -- and outgrowing parts of his life.  But he doesn't think he belongs on Sorgan.  However... I would not be at all shocked if he ends up revisiting Omera and her daughter by the end of the series. 

I can watch all of the first season's episodes repeatedly, although there are some that are a bit more interesting to me than others.  Because I was lured into watching this show by the cuteness of Baby Yoda, and then I instantly loved the evolving bond between Mando and Baby Yoda, each episode is necessary to watch for me because BY does something adorable in all of them.  And Baby and Mando have their cute little moments in each episode too.  I don't think that any episode can be skipped or ignored IF someone is largely watching for Baby Yoda and the growing Mando-Baby Yoda relationship.

I saw someone on YouTube (can't even recall the name of the channel) say that there are probably 3 or 4 episodes of this season that can be skipped, leaving only the other 4 or 5 episodes as truly necessary to watch.  And my first thought was... "Okay, he is clearly someone who doesn't care that much about the Baby Yoda aspect of the series, because if you are one of the people who started watching the show for Baby Yoda in the first place, you would not want to miss one single moment of the precious Baby -- and Baby had some of his best moments in those episodes that should be skipped."

There is no right or wrong reason for why viewers are watching the series, and certainly there are lots of people who are not watching for Baby Yoda.  But if you are someone who is largely there for the Baby Yoda cuteness, then none of the episodes should be missed -- and especially not Chapter 4, where Baby is being mischievous in the cockpit, as well as toddling along after Daddy Mando even when Mando tells him to stay in the ship, etc.  Baby also gets to play with other children, and chase after frogs and krill and all of that. 

Edited by TVFan17
  • Like 4

Isn't this the episode where Mando leans back all male like and baby tries to imitate his daddy and plops back in the same fashion. Adorable.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, magdalene said:

Isn't this the episode where Mando leans back all male like and baby tries to imitate his daddy and plops back in the same fashion. Adorable.

It is! One my favorite tumblr posts.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, magdalene said:

And he is looking up at the stars too!  That was so sweet!  I love that moment.  That quick little shot of Baby seemed to fly under the radar in some of the recaps and reviews I watched, almost as if people missed it if they looked away for two seconds and didn't realize what he was doing.

But it's so precious, because Baby Yoda is clearly trying to emulate daddy at that point -- just like a little boy might do -- and he wants to be right by daddy's side too.   Prior to the end of Chapter 3, Mando was staying detached and just trying to look at Baby as a job -- he had to bring him to the Client and that was it.  But after he saved him from the Client and then risked his own life to get the Baby back to his ship, he warmed up to him a bit more.  Mando at least softened towards him a bit, and also put him on his lap for a minute too.  He was still trying to leave the Baby alone on the ship while he went off to look for lodging, but Baby wasn't having it! 🤣

I really think this was a significant episode in the evolving relationship between Mando and Baby Yoda.  I don't think of it as filler at all. 

Plus, we needed a way to meet Cara Dune and get her into the story.  Mando's trip to Sorgan introduced us to Cara.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Like 4

On 1/14/2020 at 12:19 PM, The Companion said:

I find this one to be very rewatchable. Sorry, internets. 

Same! Love the little detour on Sorgan. Plus, we meet Cara in this ep!

• Like 1

I’ve been enjoying the show so far.

When Mando and Cara were fighting, her hits seemed to hit him just as hard...while he’s wearing a helmet and armor. Come on, show, he’s in Mandalorian gear, not Stormtrooper gear.

On 12/17/2019 at 11:19 AM, pezgirl7 said:

When Mando was going to leave Baby Yoda behind, I wonder if he was planning on telling Omera that the baby is 50 years old and will probably be a child for her entire life. That's a bit of a commitment to just drop on someone. lol

I was wondering about that myself.

“I’ll watch him as if he were my own. Then my daughter will take after that, and her kids after that...”

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2