Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Harvey

S04.E08: Women in Business

Recommended Posts

Quote

Katie’s feud with Chloe Brown Mueller is reignited when Oliver discovers Chloe’s attempts to sabotage Katie’s lasagna business. Meanwhile, Anna-Kat and Franklin play matchmaker for Principal Amblin in an attempt to secure more privileges at school.

Share this post


Link to post

What a great episode. I loved Mariah and Katy's dynamic with each other while working together. And Franklin's little conflict with Principal Ablin was fascinating.  Oliver ascending to favorite child status was also so cute.

I hope the rivalry between Chloe Brown Mueller and Katie is not over for good. It's always great ground for comedy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Solid episode. This is one of my favorite shows right now. I wish it were on earlier in the week but it's nice having this to come home to on a Friday night. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Boo, no Cooper or Tripp. Still a good episode though. I'm a little tired of the Chloe Brown Mueller feud but I did love Oliver's involvement in settling it (for now), and the way he was unable to make anyone think he wasn't being sarcastic. He does have a punchable voice!

All the stuff with Maria and Principal Amblin was funny too. Although giving her a carved head was all kinds of creepy.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I liked this episode, but the Chloe Brown Mueller feud is a little played out already.  Haven't they buried the hatchet at least once already?  Given their track record this should last another couple of episodes.

I'm liking the direction they're taking Oliver this season.  Perhaps getting him away from ballet was a good idea.

Maria was flattered by Amblin's creepy carved head of her because it was just as creepy as she is.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I liked this episode, but the Chloe Brown Mueller feud is a little played out already.  Haven't they buried the hatchet at least once already?  Given their track record this should last another couple of episodes.

I can only see the peace lasting if the show moves on to pitting Katie against Tara for the rest of the season. She is her other arch nemesis.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

We found out Principal Ablin was on a dating app, and this episode found him pursuing Maria. I hope we don’t get much more time spent on his dating life (or lack thereof), I’m just not that interested.

I do like that Maria is coming into her own as a character, so it was nice to have someone be so smitten with her.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/24/2019 at 7:39 AM, link417 said:

We found out Principal Ablin was on a dating app, and this episode found him pursuing Maria. I hope we don’t get much more time spent on his dating life (or lack thereof), I’m just not that interested.

I do like that Maria is coming into her own as a character, so it was nice to have someone be so smitten with her.

Ablin is just not a really interesting character. He is a TV school admin cliche. When they do show signs that maybe he knows what he is doing. He bends to the morons that act like they run the town. Hell, I've been waiting for him to reveal they don't fail students because they want the school to look good. Reasons why Taylor and Trip even made it to senior year or why you get people like Cooper who mock and manipulate the system because they are "too rich" instead of the school board kicking them out on their asses. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

At the very end, when Oliver said Principal Amblin is responsible for "thousands" of students...WTF?? If there were really that many, why on earth would they have one K-12 school in town instead of various separate schools? That made no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

At the very end, when Oliver said Principal Amblin is responsible for "thousands" of students...WTF?? If there were really that many, why on earth would they have one K-12 school in town instead of various separate schools? That made no sense.

It's just the way the Westport school is built. Been this way since season 1.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

At the very end, when Oliver said Principal Amblin is responsible for "thousands" of students...WTF?? If there were really that many, why on earth would they have one K-12 school in town instead of various separate schools? That made no sense.

My high school was 2000 students. If this school is elem+middle+high all in one and has the same total of kids, that's still "thousands".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, theatremouse said:

My high school was 2000 students. If this school is elem+middle+high all in one and has the same total of kids, that's still "thousands".

Right...so is our local hs. But if that were the case, then they would not combine the school with elementary and middle. They typically only do that in really rural areas where there is just a few kids in each grade. If there are thousands in total, they'd all have separate buildings.

I know this is just a device on the show to have all the kids in one building. But as someone who actually works in a CT school system, it's always annoyed me. (And, of course, the real Westport has like 8 schools.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/27/2019 at 8:20 AM, SnarkySheep said:

I know this is just a device on the show to have all the kids in one building. But as someone who actually works in a CT school system, it's always annoyed me. (And, of course, the real Westport has like 8 schools.)

You may remember that at the beginning of this series it got a lot of flak from Norwalk residents about the negative way it presented the town so the series stopped doing it.  I lived in Norwalk for 5 years and it upset me too.  I think Westport residents have as much reason to gripe considering the way it has presented its school system and principal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

You may remember that at the beginning of this series it got a lot of flak from Norwalk residents about the negative way it presented the town so the series stopped doing it.  I lived in Norwalk for 5 years and it upset me too.  I think Westport residents have as much reason to gripe considering the way it has presented its school system and principal.

So is Norwalk not a dirty and poor area in real life? 😱

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

You may remember that at the beginning of this series it got a lot of flak from Norwalk residents about the negative way it presented the town so the series stopped doing it.  I lived in Norwalk for 5 years and it upset me too.  I think Westport residents have as much reason to gripe considering the way it has presented its school system and principal.

Oh I know, it's one thing if it's a fictional town, but when you are really trying to depict a place that really does exist. You have to keep up constancy, hell they've even shown that apparently the TV version doesn't even had a: superintendent, transportation department, resource officer, ect. It's just suppose to be organized chaos where bribery and selling out is an accomplishment for everyone and the kids don't know how to tie their shows, but know how to buy $5K items off of amazon and are all followers and not leaders. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size