Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E01: Blast Off

• Start Topic

On 12/14/2019 at 9:19 AM, Kira53 said:

Oh,  I didn't watch last season.  Does a model get any award/money?  Did they have models of various sizes last year?  It would seem to complicate designing if you don't have a regular model.  But having a larger model as a steady model would also be a hinderence.  

I am not sure about a prize for the model, but they did have various sizes last season as well. The show did not make a big deal about it. Just pick a card, the model's measurements are there. They might be a size 2 or a size 14.

I think it depends on the designer whether or not it's a hindrance - it depends on what they are used to and the type of clothing they make. I like the different size models as it reflects real life, and I appreciate that the show is just normalizing this by not making a big deal about it.

• Love 8
On 12/15/2019 at 1:54 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I would argue that it's only women using it, though agree it's mostly women.  No, I don't believe it's an attack.  It's a response to an inexplicable cultural affect.  See also:  Glottal stop,.

Definitely not just women.  I'm currently taking a MOOC and the male lecturer has horrible vocal fry.

• Love 1
On 12/6/2019 at 10:25 PM, NYCFree said:
On 12/6/2019 at 1:05 PM, dleighg said:

what bridge are they looking at; if it's Brooklyn they must be looking north I think?

I think it’s the Williamsburg bridge. Looks like the new workroom is near where the Brooklyn Navy Yards used to be

and in the latest episode the producers were kind enough to give us a quick shot with the name of the venue-- they are at Duggal Greenhouse, which, yes, is just west of the Brooklyn Navy Yards site.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2