Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: The Word

• Start Topic

I was hoping that Rita would survive and be able to testify against Annie. 

This season has finally picked up the pace!  I loved the background on the coven.  I thought the statue might have been who I thought, but when they actually showed who the Angel was I almost yelled out!

Can't wait for next week.

• Love 9

Christine! Girl, how you been? It's been a loooooong time.  She still looks all shiny and new. I wonder how many people she's killed since we last saw her.

I did not see the statue coming and I should have since the demon guy wasn't in the cell anymore. Since I never read or watched Shawshank Redemption I don't know how any of these people relate to the prison or this dude.  Clearly there is some reason that Pop was not affected by the statue.  The whole thing was super creepy.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

Such a good episode. I don't remember the ending from season 1 with "the kid" what is he and didn't he disappear into another time line or dimension?

This confused me too.  I sort of struggled to finish last season so maybe I missed some nuance, but I THOUGHT (spoilering just in case someone hasn't watched last season)

Spoiler

he had come to this Castle Rock from an alt universe.  I thought this version of Castle Rock was in a different alt universe until they showed Not-Ace in the cell at the prison.

This episode seems to imply The Kid has always been (and will always be?) in Castle Rock.   A little confusing.  Although I do appreciate the tie between seasons.

I totally missed the Christine reference - thanks guys!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Now that was some damn good TV! I'm disappointed that Rita didn't survive, though.

Question: when Abdi approaches the Marsten house thru the woods, and sees three crosses burning, it seems like there's someone (or something?) burning on one of them. I re-wound and couldn't tell, but thought I saw a name plate on a piece of clothing. Anyone know?

Loved the shot of Tim Robbins approaching Shawshank, even though it's a completely different building.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

Now that was some damn good TV! I'm disappointed that Rita didn't survive, though.

Question: when Abdi approaches the Marsten house thru the woods, and sees three crosses burning, it seems like there's someone (or something?) burning on one of them. I re-wound and couldn't tell, but thought I saw a name plate on a piece of clothing. Anyone know?

Do we know that she didn't survive?  I thought it was left sort of open ended how she was, but I may have missed it.

It was a police uniform.  I wasn't sure whether it was the turned officer, in trouble for not getting on board with Annie joining the team, or if it was the officer we saw questioning Annie earlier in the episode.  Or, I suppose, a different one entirely.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, archer1267 said:

As TexasGal said, the officer that had been turned and he was the one that said Annie was on crazy pills. He was sent to get Annie out of jail but came back and said he wasn't able to.

On 11/20/2019 at 7:43 PM, peridot said:

I was hoping that Rita would survive and be able to testify against Annie. 

This season has finally picked up the pace!  I loved the background on the coven.  I thought the statue might have been who I thought, but when they actually showed who the Angel was I almost yelled out!

Can't wait for next week.

I was just saying in the last thread how this season wasn't doing it for me, but after this episode, I've perked up. I also liked the coven background and seeing Amity again and learning her story (I'm not into the Annie storyline much). I had no clue that Bill Skarsgård was coming back so didn't expect the Angel reveal. Another link to season one.

Edited by ferjy
Nosy!
  • Love 3

I actually yelled out loud when the "Angel" was revealed! Love the season one tie in, I cant wait to see where this is going and what happens next! 

The backstory about Amity and the cult was really interesting, I am really curious about how this dark power has affected the town, and that statue and the burnings were so creepy. The parade with all of the people dressed like animals and birds and pumpkins, I was just like "alright, so do you roll the Wickerman out now, or wait until the end?" 

Christine! Looking all shiny and bright! 

Poor Rita, I was hoping that she would pull through. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I enjoyed the background information on the coven but I missed alot in this episode. I have never seen Salem's Lot, so alot of the Easter eggs in this episode went right by me. I recognized Shawshank, the numerous balloons tie into It, and the empty cage I knew had to do with Henry Deaver. It was good to see Bill Skaarsgsrd as The Angel. Others upthread seemed to know about Amity. I thought Christine was a person. Googled for a recap of this episode and discovered Christine is a vintage car. Who was the lady in the cloak at the end of the episode with The Angel and Amity? I missed Annie. She only had one short scene. I hope Rita lived. It wasn't made clear whether she lived or died in this episode.

• Love 2
On 11/22/2019 at 3:24 PM, texassunflower said:

I enjoyed the background information on the coven but I missed alot in this episode. I have never seen Salem's Lot, so alot of the Easter eggs in this episode went right by me. I recognized Shawshank, the numerous balloons tie into It, and the empty cage I knew had to do with Henry Deaver. It was good to see Bill Skaarsgsrd as The Angel. Others upthread seemed to know about Amity. I thought Christine was a person. Googled for a recap of this episode and discovered Christine is a vintage car. Who was the lady in the cloak at the end of the episode with The Angel and Amity? I missed Annie. She only had one short scene. I hope Rita lived. It wasn't made clear whether she lived or died in this episode.

We saw a bit of Amity in the first season. I only saw Amity and the angel at the end. Was there a particular scene where you saw three people? I may have missed it. Yep, Christine was a novel of Stephen King's and a movie came out in the 80's. You have to try dig up the 1979 version of Salem's Lot (better than the 2004 series).  It was one of my favorite adaptions.

• Love 2
On 11/21/2019 at 8:50 PM, ferjy said:

I had no clue that Bill Skarsgård was coming back so didn't expect the Angel reveal.

I was shocked at that reveal and also kind of sad, because I wanted to believe that (spoiler tagging in case anyone hasn't watched season 1)

Spoiler

the Kid in season 1 was not really evil but just had powers he maybe didn't understand. I also had felt sorry for him going from a normal life to being being trapped in this alt-universe. But I guess the fact that he didn't age all the years that he was kept prisoner was a clue that he was the devil (or a devil). 

• Love 5
On 11/21/2019 at 9:13 AM, TexasGal said:

Do we know that she didn't survive?  I thought it was left sort of open ended how she was, but I may have missed it.

When the cop is questioning Annie he asks her if she knew "the deceased," so yeah, bye bye Rita.

Didn't know Bill Skaarsgard was coming back and I gasped at the Angel reveal.  Fantastic episode!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 11/23/2019 at 7:56 PM, Paloma said:
Spoiler

the Kid in season 1 was not really evil but just had powers he maybe didn't understand. I also had felt sorry for him going from a normal life to being being trapped in this alt-universe. But I guess the fact that he didn't age all the years that he was kept prisoner was a clue that he was the devil (or a devil).

It's not clear in season one who/what The Kid is. While he does give a version of events in the ninth episode about who he is, he shows different colors in the last episode.

Spoiler

When he leads Henry Deaver into the woods at gun point towards the rift in dimensions, and they briefly fight, the Kid is briefly shown with an ancient demonic face.

There was always something supernatural and sinister about the Kid, despite his manipulating the other characters and the audience into thinking he's a sympathetic victim. I'm hopeful and excited to get more answers on his true identity.

• Love 1
On 11/21/2019 at 9:13 AM, TexasGal said:

It was a police uniform.  I wasn't sure whether it was the turned officer, in trouble for not getting on board with Annie joining the team, or if it was the officer we saw questioning Annie earlier in the episode.  Or, I suppose, a different one entirely.

As there were three people burning (I think), I think it was the officer and deputies we saw questioning Annie, mostly because I think they think they need all the vessels for the original group to complete Amity's resurrection. But now I see why Ace thinks Annie's the vessel.

I was thrilled to see The Kid, totally unspoiled (and had forgotten about Amity showing up in one of The Kid's journeys in the last season).

Totally missed Christine too - I'm not particularly into cars, didn't particularly like that book, and didn't see the movie.

I think Pop was unaffected because I seem to recall he had a hearing problem?  Also, he wasn't looking directly at the statue.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 1
On 12/5/2019 at 9:10 AM, Clanstarling said:

I think Pop was unaffected because I seem to recall he had a hearing problem?  Also, he wasn't looking directly at the statue.

Oh, I wondered if it was the chemotherapy, since I'd read the previous thread, and someone mentioned a woman being protected by medication. 

I watched the first five episode last year, and am only just getting back to it. 

• Love 1