Type keyword(s) to search

[BUG, FIXED] Ten-fold email notification of same post

Enigma X

For past couple days I have been receiving multiple notifications for the same post.  Just now I received 7-8 notifications of the same post in TPC

I am most active in the court tv areas, and have noticed this in both the Judge Judy and Peoples Court. First time it happened was yedterday when I received something like 45-50 duplicate notifications in JJ All Rise.

I asked in the forum and received replies from others experiencing same problem - so someone may have already asked about this

• Love 1
On 11/21/2019 at 9:05 AM, SilverStormm said:

I've put a ticket in with the devs about this, thanks.

Not sure if it's been fixed or was just temporary glitch, but hasn't reoccured yesterday or so far today...... one thing I started doing was clearing the notification list after reading it - so that may have had an effect

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I just had over 400 notifications from one post. I’ve had this issue for awhile now too, but thought it was just a bump that PT would get to fix in time. 

Please don't clear them, it'll help with tracking this bug down. Thanks.

• Love 1
On 12/2/2019 at 6:04 AM, CrystalBlue said:

At the email address associated with my account on Primetimer, I receive the same email twice sent at the same time each day.

Thanks for letting us know. It seems likely that this is the same bug as above so have moved your post in here. 

• Love 1
On 11/28/2019 at 4:56 PM, rcc said:

This happened to me twice last week. Multiple notifications by one post. 44 and 60. Today up to 100.

It's happening again today. Is this problem being addressed?

• Love 1

My multiple notifications seemed to have gone away and now it’s back. It takes up so much room that I’m missing many other notifications that I’d like to see so I can respond or go check out. I’ve stopped clearing them (as suggested), but am really finding it annoying. 

12 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Maybe it has something to do with whatever update/upgrade/tweaking was happening yesterday?

Weird, nothing specific happened yesterday afaik. I've already put a ticket in with the devs about this issue, hopefully it'll be resolved sooner rather than later.

30 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Weird, nothing specific happened yesterday afaik. I've already put a ticket in with the devs about this issue, hopefully it'll be resolved sooner rather than later.

I was unable to access the forums for a brief time yesterday, and the error message was something about an update, upgrade or maintenance (sorry, wasn't paying attention to the wording), so I thought it was connected.

Thanks for the feedback - it must be a pesky bug because it seems to be random and intermittent.

2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I just received 50 notifications for a single "reaction" to one of my posts.

So I guess the problem is back.  Maybe it has something to do with whatever update/upgrade/tweaking was happening yesterday?

Been awhile since I've seen it. I stopped deleting the past 'notifications' list, so went back to check...... I had several duplicates on Dec 7, and a whole mess of them back on Nov 28-29th. Soooooo, for me at least, I have no problems for a week to 10 days, then get a hiccup and see the problem. Looking upstream, see others also seem to be affected around the same time I was

• Love 1
2 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

@SilverStormm  -There was a brief time when the forums were down and the error message said it was due to an upgrade. That was about 10:30am central/4:30pm where you are.

2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I was unable to access the forums for a brief time yesterday, and the error message was something about an update, upgrade or maintenance (sorry, wasn't paying attention to the wording), so I thought it was connected.

Thanks for the feedback - it must be a pesky bug because it seems to be random and intermittent.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like IPS did some minor updates yesterday when I wasn't looking, heh.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Enigma X said:

Yeah, it never really ceased for me either. Some days I get four from one poster and others between four and seventy from multiple posters.

I'm on the higher end you mentioned for about five or six threads I subscribe too. I had to start deleting them due to the extreme amount of duplicates received in each email notification. Is it even advised to save them anymore? If so what info is wanted that would help?

16 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Is it even advised to save them anymore? If so what info is wanted that would help?

You don't need to save every occurrence, the last 2 or 3 is sufficient. This helps as the devs can see what's happening and on what scale, as they aren't able to reproduce.

• Love 1