Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Prochnost

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

Its really impressive how much dad energy SA manages to have in his interactions with William and Mia, considering the actors are all adults not all that far in age. In all of their scenes, I can see right away that he is their dad no matter what. Its pretty impressive that the show took such a fantastical concept (adult kids time travel to meet their dad who had to die when they were kids to save the multiverse on the word of a space guy) and made it seem like a really emotional relatable story of a father trying to reconnect with his kids after a long time apart, and being ashamed of his kids learning about the parts of his past that he isnt proud of. He is so sweet with them, I love it so much. 

The thing that I love about Oliver is that, behind his stoic angsty tough hero persona, he is really just a sweet softie who loves cooking and dream journals and having heartfelt conversations with his friends and family, and the last few seasons have just proven that. 

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

The thing that I love about Oliver is that, behind his stoic angsty tough hero persona, he is really just a sweet softie who loves cooking and dream journals and having heartfelt conversations with his friends and family, and the last few seasons have just proven that. 

He really does have a gentle soul under everything and SA is playing that really well. Has always played that well when given the chance. It was probably even buried in there somewhere under that pre island douchebag, though I still don't think Laurel ever found it. 😉

• Love 6

Laurel is Arrow's Regina.

Force fed to us with a large helping of Insta!Redemption in all the plotlines another character should be in instead.

Honestly, "Laurel's changed" is so much like Regina's "happy ending" that I'm about to rewatch this season as a drinking game. 

On 11/22/2019 at 5:40 AM, tennisgurl said:

Me too and Amell brings so much to the part too. His performance this season is amazing.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

Laurel is Arrow's Regina.

Force fed to us with a large helping of Insta!Redemption in all the plotlines another character should be in instead.

Well she hasn't yet been sad about lasagne so.....Seriously that is one of my litmus tests. 

Yeah there's a whole lot of insta!redemption which is all tell not show nothing new with how they treat A Laurel, meanwhile they're devoting screentime to Mia's journey in this very abbreviated season.

I mean I'm sure Laurel and Mia will develop a big bond in the spin off, especially if she isn't the first season casualty but it's just paint by numbers, the next episode too.

• LOL 2

805 (Prochnost) – No Felicity Smoak.

805 (Prochnost) – No voiceover intro.

805 (Prochnost) – Mia mentions Felicity while she is sparring with Oliver in the Arrow Bunker; and Adult William mentions Felicity while working at the computer in the Arrow Bunker:
Mia; "Hyah!"
Oliver: "Nyssa taught you well."
Mia: "Mom made sure of it."
Adult William: "She's a machine, Dad. They don't need breaks. And speaking of machines, I have something to show you guys. I created a facial recognition algorithm to find that General that Curtis told us about, which was a lot harder than it sounds, because, no offense to Felicity, but these computers are like a million years old. And Russia is a very big country."

805 (Prochnost) – Diggle mentions Felicity when telling Roy Harper about his future:
Roy: "What made you wait till now to give me your big pitch? I'm guessing Connor told you something bad about me in the future."
Diggle: "It's not just about you."
Roy: "Tell me."
Diggle: "William finds you on Lian Yu after being there for years, apparently, in some self-imposed exile."
Roy: "I never get rid of my bloodlust? You knew all that, and you still thought you could come save me?"
Diggle: "Because there's more to your story. You may have started on Lian Yu, Roy, but that's not where you ended. Felicity sent William to that island to find you because she believed in you. You go back to Star City, man. You work with the kids. You help them save the city, Roy."
Roy: "How is that possible?"
Diggle: "Because you found the way to control your bloodlust. You found that it was by being part of a team. You kept your distance because you believed that you were a danger to everyone around you, but the real danger was believing that you can deal with your past alone."
Roy: "It's pretty ballsy thinking you can give me the answer 20 years earlier."
Diggle: "Yeah, well, hopefully, this time, you don't have to wait that long."

805 (Prochnost) – Oliver wants to protect his children:
Oliver: "I'm your father, all right? It is my primary job in the world to protect you."
Mia: "We don't need that. In the future, we're the ones that are saving the city."
Oliver: "Well, this isn't the future! This is months after I was heartbroken right before I left...  (To William) that I couldn't get you on the phone at your grandparents. (To Mia) So I walked into your room to look at you one last time, and you looked back at me from your crib."
Mia: "And because you made the choice to protect us, I had to spend my whole life alone. I didn't have a chance to get to know my brother, to get to know you."
Oliver: "I'm sorry that it worked out that way. And – and both of you can decide on your own how much - how much you want to hate me, and how much blame you want to assign. But I made a promise to your mother to keep you safe. And there is no world, there is no universe, there's no past, present or future where I break it."

805 (Prochnost) – E2 Laurel has a heart-to-heart conversation with Mia:
E2 Laurel: "Oh, God. I can't stand pity parties."
Mia: "Easy for you to say."
E2 Laurel: "And why is that?"
Mia: "You're the Black Canary. All I've ever heard are stories about how great you are. In the future, you even save me once like it was nothing."
E2 Laurel: "Are you sure that's actually me you're talking about?"
Mia: "Okay, you can cut the false modesty. Some people are cut out to be heroes, others not so much."
E2 Laurel: "Is this really all because you didn't ring some stupid bell?"
Mia: "Well, I couldn't save Zoe either. Every time I try and live up to my dad, or to prove that I can do what it is you all do, I - I fail."
E2 Laurel: "Do you think your father is any better? If you're trying to live up to us, don't. We are just as flawed as anyone, especially me. All you can do is live up to yourself."
Mia: "What does that even mean?"
E2 Laurel: "Are you really the type of person that just gives up?"

805 (Prochnost) – Anatoly calls Mia his new favorite American:
Anatoly (to Mia): "Congratulations. Now you my favorite American."
Oliver: "Hey, don't get too excited. He has a lot of favorite Americans."

805 (Prochnost) – Oliver and Anatoly define “prochnost”:
Oliver: "Actually, here we say 'prochnost.'"
Mia: "Prochnost?"
Anatoly: "Prochnost. It means strength."
Oliver: "It means a lot more than that."

805 (Prochnost) – Anatoly jokes about Oliver’s past haircut and tattoo:
Mia: "Don't forget to send me that picture of my dad with that haircut."