Type keyword(s) to search

D'Andra Simmons: $200 in my checking account until Mama Dee's trust kicks in

• Start Topic

Just now, Misslindsey said:

What? She showed up uninvited? I would think just being on Bravo would get you an invite. That is hilarious!

Apparently only two people from Dallas and Potomac were invited,  Brandi, LeeAnne, Ashley and. Gizelle. D’Andre said she came in early for a beauty show. They apparently weren’t paying anyone so I don’t know why they were stingy with the invites.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They apparently weren’t paying anyone so I don’t know why they were stingy with the invites.

Probably to sow dissent, suspicion, and competitiveness among the uninvited.  Just to ramp up the usual Bravo drama.  You never know when it'll come in handy.  🎭

• Love 9
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

D’Andra apparently flew Southwest home rom NYC and didn’t even have Group A, times are dark.

Interesting.

Well, that's whole reason I started the thread.....is that it looks like times are dark, in that D'Andra will be at a local store, which apparently she's doing in different cities, to talk to women about her products.  Not a department store or anything major, but a local gift type store (this one happens to have a great skincare area).

Reminds me of early-Bethenny when she was trying to get people to taste her Skinny muffins in grocery stores.

I happen to be a D'Andra fan and a Dee-disliker, so I hope she's successful, and I'll buy some stuff this weekend, and I'll root her on.  But yeah, times must be as tough as she's saying, to do all this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Update:  I met D'Andra today!!  And bonus:  Jeremy too!

She was at a local store on an appearance, talking about her skincare line.  I got there about 15 minutes before she was supposed to start, and the store had her line set up, with 2 large plush chairs.  

So, I figured they'd be sitting in the chairs, maybe with a microphone.  To my surprise, she started right on time, and she never sat, nor did Jeremy.  D'Andra walked up to each woman, shook our hands, introduced herself, and sprayed some skincare products on our hands, and she talked with everyone.  She was, in a word, delightful.

I think she's beautiful, but she's even prettier in person.  And the camera must really add 10 lbs, because I swear, she's no larger than a size 4-6.  She had on a pair of dressy jeans, a belt, and a blazer, with cute shoes.  Her hair was lighter color, long & straight, and her makeup was flawless.

Only thing that really stood out to me was her overly Botoxed upper lip.  Looks worse in person than on t.v.  D'Andra, if you're reading this....step away from the syringe please!

Jeremy was helping!  I actually bought some products (yes I did!), and he helped get them all together and make sure I had everything I wanted.  Seemed super nice.

I'm always on the hunt for great skincare, and she spent some time with me letting me know that her products are great for sensitive skin, especially around the eyes.  The products feel great, and the packaging is gorgeous.  Reminds me of Chanel.  Even the cardboard outer boxes have a velvety, high-end feel.

And neither one of them sat down for a second.

She talked to people a few at a time, rather than addressing a large group, so if felt so much more personal.

Someone asked why she wasn't at Bravocon, and she just sort of laughed and said that she was there for LuAnn's deal, but not for RHOD.  She just said that it was so disorganized, and nobody really understood who was coming or going, and that she hopes to be there next year.

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 6
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, Sterling said:

She was at a local store on an appearance, talking about her skincare line.  I got there about 15 minutes before she was supposed to start, and the store had her line set up, with 2 large plush chairs.  

So, I figured they'd be sitting in the chairs, maybe with a microphone.  To my surprise, she started right on time, and she never sat, nor did Jeremy.  D'Andra walked up to each woman, shook our hands, introduced herself, and sprayed some skincare products on our hands, and she talked with everyone.  She was, in a word, delightful.

I think she's beautiful, but she's even prettier in person.  And the camera must really add 10 lbs, because I swear, she's no larger than a size 4-6.  She had on a pair of dressy jeans, a belt, and a blazer, with cute shoes.  Her hair was lighter color, long & straight, and her makeup was flawless.

Only thing that really stood out to me was her overly Botoxed upper lip.  Looks worse in person than on t.v.  D'Andra, if you're reading this....step away from the syringe please!

Jeremy was helping!  I actually bought some products (yes I did!), and he helped get them all together and make sure I had everything I wanted.  Seemed super nice.

I'm always on the hunt for great skincare, and she spent some time with me letting me know that her products are great for sensitive skin, especially around the eyes.  The products feel great, and the packaging is gorgeous.  Reminds me of Chanel.  Even the cardboard outer boxes have a velvety, high-end feel.

She talked to people a few at a time, rather than addressing a large group, so if felt so much more personal.

Someone asked why she wasn't at Bravocon, and she just sort of laughed and said that she was there for LuAnn's deal, but not for RHOD.  She just said that it was so disorganized, and nobody really understood who was coming or going, and that she hopes to be there next year.

Will you let us know how the skin care works. I have sensitive skin especially around the eyes.

Glad to hear so positive things about her and Jeremy. I would be happy to try he skincare as I would like her to prove her horrible mother wrong.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Stats Queen said:

Will you let us know how the skin care works. I have sensitive skin especially around the eyes.

Glad to hear so positive things about her and Jeremy. I would be happy to try he skincare as I would like her to prove her horrible mother wrong.

Will do!

I, too, would like to prove her horrible mother wrong!

She talked to me about her mom....a little bit, lol.  She said that she did a lot of work on the line when her mom was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years back, in getting a lot of natural ingredients that wouldn't be harsh.  She did kind of smile when she said, "you know, my mom" like I really know her!  But I'm sure she's used to people acting/feeling like they already know her & Mama Dee.

She's also choosing a completely different channel to sell the products.  Rather than old-lady Christian t.v., she was at one of the coolest stores in the city, in the heart of a great area, talking to ladies who are much like she is, fashionable, attractive, and working to keep their skin great.

I felt like a schlub, lol, as I hadn't showered, and was on my way to the gym, in a t-shirt, leggings, hair back, no makeup.  But she was just as kind to me as to ladies who came fully made up.  She's one of those people who looks you in the eyes when she talks to you, so you really do feel like she's talking with you, rather than at you.

• Useful 7
  • Love 15
On 11/23/2019 at 4:12 PM, Sterling said:

Thanks for sharing.  I like D'Andra and feel that between Leanne and her mother, she's been on a bit of a roller coaster the last few years.

I root for D'Andra. My mother shares many of Dee's unfortunate traits, so I can relate to D'Andra a bit.  It ain't easy.

I also like Kam, Brandi, and Stephanie.  Leanne and Kary are a challenge for me. Leanne has always been too much for me.   Kary seems a bit unhinged.   

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

I root for D'Andra. My mother shares many of Dee's unfortunate traits, so so I can relate to D'Andra a bit.  It ain't easy.

Mine too, which is probably why I so want to like D'Andra and wish her success.  In spite of....well, what you & I (and she) has had to deal with.  Nope, it ain't easy at all.

• Love 8

I felt terrible for D'Andra when mama Mee accused her of being jealous of her. it was a backhanded way of saying that Mama dee considers herself more beautiful, successful, etc than her daughter.

Mama Mee finally turns over the company when it is on the verge of bankruptcy. This competitive frozen-faced old bag can't wait to see her daughter fail so she can Lord it over her for the rest of her life. 

D'Andra was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, but mama will melt it down for more Botox in the blink of an eye. 

• Love 5