Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Also, has it occurred to anyone that Phyllis is a nurse? Lenny was the barkeep. Why not hire her at GH instead of buying her a (gastro)pub?

Because they're just reusing old OLTL scripts from when Noelle/Phyllis followed Viki/Sonny back from Paris, TX/Nixon Falls and took over running Charlie's/the Angel Square diner.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Which, in a sense, makes her a poor, untypical Q woman, because even by marriage, birth or adoption, they are rarely the type to "go along to get along." 

I wouldn’t consider Michael a typical Q male either so that tracks. All of his LOs fawn all over him and consider him the perfect man. Willow’s minuscule pushback was more than I saw from any of the others. But they’re still dreadfully boring and Willow in particular has nothing else going on right now. She just talks about Michael or Wiley. It’s exhausting. 

• Love 3

If I hear Hayden's name one more time, I'm gonna scream. I don't care about Hayden or who shot her, esp now! I couldn't be more over a story than I am w/this shooting.

So, they retconned away everyone already knowing what Nikolas did just to turn around and still have Nikolas behind it?!?! Why??!  Why give everyone else clean hands except Nikolas?! What was the point of the retconned FB? Why is this a story? Hayden isn't even on the show? And why is it referenced every 3-4 weeks? Just tell the story and be done w/it! No . . . I guess we have to watch Carly/Sonny/Josslyn/Jason every stinking day! 

I'm FFing/muting this story until it's over. I'm done. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 13
34 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I wouldn’t consider Michael a typical Q male either so that tracks. All of his LOs fawn all over him and consider him the perfect man. Willow’s minuscule pushback was more than I saw from any of the others. But they’re still dreadfully boring and Willow in particular has nothing else going on right now. She just talks about Michael or Wiley. It’s exhausting. 

Which is why they really need to take the angle that she never actually loved Michael. She was so messed up after her cult life, then finding out her son died, and then being able to adopt Wiley that she was practically hypnotized by the idea of a nice nuclear family and Michael could offer her that with Wiley. Now she is coming out of it and realizing it was always Wiley she loved. Actually, it's that she never mourned the loss of her baby boy and transferred her emotions to Wiley. Michael offered her a family with Wiley while Chase was a reminder that her baby died (since he told her). Now that the scales are being removed, she can ditch Michael, agree to some co-parent situation, schedule a few meetings with Kevin, and maybe get back together with Chase. Or not. But certainly away from Michael.

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, lala2 said:

If I hear Hayden's name one more time, I'm gonna scream. I couldn't be more over a story than I am w/this shooting. So, they retconned away everyone already knowing what Nikolas did just to turn around and still have Nikolas behind it?!?! Why??! Why give everyone else clean hands except Nikolas. 

I'm FFing/muting this story until it's over. I'm done. 

LOL right?!

the retcon isn't so much of Nik doing it. i think they are trying to do this stupid social justice story and they didn't have anyone to do it with except for Shaun

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Daisy said:

LOL right?!

the retcon isn't so much of Nik doing it. i think they are trying to do this stupid social justice story and they didn't have anyone to do it with except for Shaun

They picked the wrong story then. Sean pleaded guilty to protect Sonny and the business. He didn't receive a disparate sentence because of his race, and I write that as a black female lawyer. LOL!

In all honesty, I haven't been paying attn to this story. I just know multiple ppl knew Nikolas was behind Hayden's shooting and now no one knows AND Sean is on a tear to find Hayden's shooter. It's not clear to me why he cares so much or the ultimate purpose of this story, but I wish it would end already. Haha! 

It's very similar to Liz's dad. I'm sick of this show raising issues and dropping them for months only to raise them again. Tell the story (if you have one to tell) and move on!  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

and maybe get back together with Chase. Or not.

I agree with everything, but have to go with not here-she does not deserve Chase. She deserves to want him back and he’s like no thanks.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, lala2 said:
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

They picked the wrong story then. Sean pleaded guilty to protect Sonny and the business. He didn't receive a disparate sentence because of his race, and I write that as a black female lawyer. LOL!

They should have done this SL with a different character and wrote it intentionally if they wanted to do it. Have someone like Curtis or TJ commit a crime and receive a much harsher sentence than their white counterpart. The other problem with this storyline is that if they wanted to do this SL with Shawn, the only obvious comparison was Jason and I couldn’t see them touching that with a 10-ft pole. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Also, it’s widely known that Sonny ordered the hit on Drew at the same time Nikolas did on Hayden so why is no one asking why Sonny isn’t getting arrested? Even though Shawn missed, it’s still attempted murder 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

They should have done this SL with a different character and wrote it intentionally if they wanted to do it. Have someone like Curtis or TJ commit a crime and receive a much harsher sentence than their white counterpart.

Have TJ and Molly take Trina to a BLM rally. TJ and Trina get arrested and put in jail while Molly gets to go home with a talking to.

Or TJ gets pulled over for a busted light and then roughed up because he was "resisting arrest ". His hand is broken...will he ever be able to operate?*

Shawn was attempting to murder someone on the orders of a mob boss. I'm cheering that he spent those years in jail.

*they should assign someone to watch L&O: Organized Crime and see how it's really done. Like the woman who got shot in the head and now has trouble speaking.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Why is the Greece storyline not the A-story right now? I feel like it’s only featured once a week, if that. 

The story has already sort of fizzled out for me. We got 1 or 2 decent episodes but they didn’t spend enough time on it and Sam/Dante/Valentin/Anna already appear to be out of the story. I’m sure Victor will also make his way to PC soon if he isn’t there already and I have no interest in Jason playing hero which is where I see it going and I honestly couldn’t care if anyone saves Dr. O. The actress is great but that character is terrible. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Shawn was attempting to murder someone on the orders of a mob boss. I'm cheering that he spent those years in jail.

Seriously.  I cannot stand this character.  He happily worked for a mobster, was trying to murder someone and only missed because he was shitty at his job, and accepted a plea deal for prison time rather than testify against Sonny.  None of that equates to social injustice.  And now he's running around town yammering on about "justice for Hayden."  Spare me.

BTW, I'd like Willow's nursing school schedule, since she never actually seems to be in school.  And of course her day isn't as important as oh-so-special Michael.  Also, "facts are facts--Nina committed the crimes."  Does the show think if they keep wording this in a different way we'll all think it's true?   And, LMAO, now Joss thinks Nina shouldn't have even been allowed to make bail.  All these people who champion actual criminals being appalled about the crime of...lying.  I can't.  I literally can't.

• Love 20

Previews...Carly's haughty eyebrow pop when Nina mused that Sonny was better off in Nixon Falls, a.k.a better off without Carly in his life, made me want to stab my screen.  I'm so sick of her.

And her mini-me as well.  Shut the hell up, Joss.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, "facts are facts--Nina committed the crimes."  Does the show think if they keep wording this in a different way we'll all think it's true?   And, LMAO, now Joss thinks Nina shouldn't have even been allowed to make bail.  All these people who champion actual criminals being appalled about the crime of...lying.  I can't.  I literally can't.

I hoped Willow would at least have one foot in reality, but that quote... now it is "crimes"? When she "lied" (I think it is more a sin of omission than anything) and what else?

I hope this is an example of the writers writing something that seems close to real life - almost nobody can be as self-righteous as teenagers so maybe Joss's indignation about Nina exercising her rights could be painted as a typical overreaction by a college student. Otherwise, you'd expect a girl with her family experience to be well aware of how bail is something that many people can use. I'll bet Sonny and Jason have their bail bondsman on speed dial. Joss probably grew up calling him "Uncle" somebody. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...Carly's haughty eyebrow pop when Nina mused that Sonny was better off in Nixon Falls, a.k.a better off without Carly in his life, made me want to stab my screen.  I'm so sick of her.

I know that you mean Carly but that scene makes me want to punch Nina in the face, not only because she isn't sorry at all for lying to Sonny about who he was. Mostly because I hated every single second of Nixon Falls and her showing up there extended that stupid storyline for another six months.

Speaking of punching people in the face, but I admire Alexis self control when she did nlot punch Nikolas after trying to dangle her freedom if she would drop the investigation.

• Love 2

Those nine months when Sonny was tending bar for Lenny ... did Lenny pay him? Did 'Mike' pay taxes on that money? How?  Inquiring minds want to know.

2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Now that the scales are being removed, she can ditch Michael, agree to some co-parent situation, schedule a few meetings with Kevin, and maybe get back together with Chase. Or not. But certainly away from Michael.

I'm not holding my breath. At all. When has a Corinthos ever lost in the long term? Also,  there is no one else for Michael. Sasha and Molly are taken and he's too closely related to Brook Lynn.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Those nine months when Sonny was tending bar for Lenny ... did Lenny pay him? Did 'Mike' pay taxes on that money? How?  Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm not holding my breath. At all. When has a Corinthos ever lost in the long term? Also,  there is no one else for Michael. Sasha and Molly are taken and he's too closely related to Brook Lynn.

He and Molly are related too since she’s Sonny’s niece. There was a running joke for awhile that we keep getting stuck with all of these new 20-something female characters because Michael was related to every other female character under 40 except Maxie

Edited by ffwbe
  • LOL 3
9 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

He and Molly are related too since she’s Sonny’s niece. 

Not genetically related though because Sonny isn't his biological father.. Nor were they raised together.

Still, I wouldn't wish him on Molly.

• Love 1

I forgot to mention my favorite thing about today's show. I love that kitchen area when Michael and Willow talking. Love all the windows and the light colors.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Not genetically related though because Sonny isn't his biological father.. Nor were they raised together.

If Michael and Kristina grew up together as sibling, then he and Molly were raised as cousins.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 1

I confess: when the Corinthii come on I also switch to Ovation and watch Midsomer Murders even though they keep showing the same ones over and over again. And sometimes I forget to come back to GH.

So, Esme. What is her source of income? When Spence was incarcerated where did she sleep? How does she get around town so easily? Is she hot footing around in her athletic shoes? I know she was suppose to work at the Ryan facility but I thought that was a volunteer position. Is she now in residence at Kevin's? Why would he let an obvious bunny boiler stay under his roof? .She presses real hard forSpence to get a job but not one for herself?

I miss Trina.

I also miss Helena.

Someone should murder Gladys, soon.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

They very much were raised together/socialized as cousins. Molly even once told him that he felt like her brother.

Its easy to forget since its been a while, but Michael and Molly shared a very sibling like relationship during the Guza era.

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, paisley said:

Someone should murder Gladys, soon.

I'll contribute to a fund for this. I think her character surpasses Peter in over the top-ness, and this show's overall nuance deficiency is starting to make me irritable. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

hose nine months when Sonny was tending bar for Lenny ... did Lenny pay him? Did 'Mike' pay taxes on that money? How?  Inquiring minds want to know.

He paid him under the table.  Or Sonny just worked for tips.

11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The prospect of Molly and Michael is somehow even more boring than Michael/Willow and Molly/TJ combined.

7 hours ago, teenj12 said:

They very much were raised together/socialized as cousins. Molly even once told him that he felt like her brother.

Remember when Maxie/Georgie/Lucas were in a love triangle? *shudders* 

1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

Remember when Maxie/Georgie/Lucas were in a love triangle? *shudders* 

Yes.  That was so bizarre.  Blood related or not, they were definitely raised as cousins.  From childhood.  It wouldn't have been so weird if F&F had gone off with Maxie when Frisco left and then they had Georgie offscreen and then they popped back up in town 15 years later having never met Lucas.  But, this was just all kinds of weird and wrong.

2 hours ago, Katy M said:
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

hose nine months when Sonny was tending bar for Lenny ... did Lenny pay him? Did 'Mike' pay taxes on that money? How?  Inquiring minds want to know.

He paid him under the table.  Or Sonny just worked for tips.

Interesting... is there a possibility that Sonny could be nabbed for tax evasion if he was paid under the table, or would the amount that he earned be too small for the IRS to be concerned about?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Interesting... is there a possibility that Sonny could be nabbed for tax evasion if he was paid under the table, or would the amount that he earned be too small for the IRS to be concerned about?

Normally in that kind of situation, it's the employer they go after.  But, this is GH, so who knows?

24 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Could Sonny be charged with fraud for not seeking his true identity? I'd love to see this blow up in Michael's face.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

If Sonny didn't pay taxes on the money that he earned working in Nixon Falls, then a crime has been committed and he must pay!  He must pay for breaking the law!

Does the guy running for AG in Pennsylvania know that a famous mobster has been failing to pay his taxes?  (This is ringing a bell for me.)

He wants a high profile case to win the election?  Voila!

• Love 13
14 hours ago, nilyank said:

I forgot to mention my favorite thing about today's show. I love that kitchen area when Michael and Willow talking. Love all the windows and the light colors.

If Michael and Kristina grew up together as sibling, then he and Molly were raised as cousins.

I liked the kitchen, too. Is that the gatehouse kitchen or the main house kitchen? At first, I thought it was Sonny & Carly’s kitchen but then quickly realized it wasn’t. I do think they shop at the same Lowe’s or Home Depot though. LOL!!!!

Also, I thought Molly looked very pretty today. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The salient point, Alexis, is that Shaun showed up there to murder Drew. Anyone in any way connected with the Corinthos group gets absolved any  kind of criminality. Shaun pleaded guilty to protect Sonny, not because of Nik.

Although kudos to MC, who looked very much like Spencer trying to show that he didn't do anything wrong. Tree, apple.

I know enough about study techniques to know that studying in a coffee shop is not the best place to actually learn stuff.

When Joss started mouthing off to Nina again, I wanted her to say "All right Joss, I heard you the first times" and then I wanted Jax to do some parenting and tell Joss to shut up.

Did Joss ever have a job?  Any job at all? Joss telling Spencer to get over himself? 🤣🤣🤣

Carly takes the Kit Kats from Avery's Hallowe'en stash? Yeah, she's totally someone who would take candy from a baby. Much more her style than using her wealth to buy her own.

Why is Carly praising Sonny for being a genius businessman because Ava was so efficient over the sale?

Also, has it occurred to anyone that Phyllis is a nurse? Lenny was the barkeep. Why not hire her at GH instead of buying her a (gastro)pub?

So Michael proposes because he screwed up and wants to be in Willow's good graces? Nice manipulation there, Corinthos.

How does Crimson not have a coffee maker? Don't they serve coffee to people who come in for meetings?  When I had just a room, I still had a coffee maker.

At least pick up a coffee from the Starbucks around the corner.

But Starbucks doesn't carry Corinthos Coffee, silly. THE BEST IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!

• LOL 2

Today's Notes

Spencer is adorable. that's something i would do hahaha. But he seems to be taking waitressing well and taking it in stride (outside of being afraid of the expresso machine). Nik is all wait you work here and it's freaking him out. Ava is like. let's just sit down. I miss Esme's ponytail. I don't like her dress. Spencer, channel your inner Elsa and let it go.

Alexis and Shaun. shut up. 
Alexis, Shaun spent 6 years in jail protecting. Sonny. he didn't use Shaun. oh Alexis double shut up. She wants to bring nik to justice

Curtis and Portia. yawns 

Sonny laughing how Cyrus will spend the rest of his life in Jail. Can't Sonny Join him? 

Carly being a hypocrite, and Nina is having none of it and clapped her back with watching Nelle dying. LMAO Carly: It's always about Nelle about you isn't it. Bitch you are going ON ABOUT SONNY BEING GONE FOR NINE MONTHS  all the time. And Carly is like "you are being a victim about being arrested, it's not her fault." Nina... never said anything. Carly is deluded. 10000 percent deluded. Nina has decided to throw down with Carly. teeeheeeee. get her Nina. 

lmao. Nina: your SON IS A PUPPET. Speak truth Nina. But now Sonny showed up, so the truthtelling ends today

Michael and Willow meh. whatever. Willow is basically like YOU ARE SO SMART. Michael is like you think i'm calculating. WIllow is like no you are AWESOME. but that's why you proposed. lol. Apparently Michael was the reason willow fixed herself and became a better person. whatever. Smoke blowing up Carly and Sonny's butt. This is truly the relationship they wanna pimp on the show

Esme is trying to play Ava. I don't know if Ava bought it (my mom called). 

Portia you should be PISSED OFF that your daughter is friends with a Mob Moll's step daughter - who has no problems threatening people with mob violence. so yeah. don't ignore it. 

LOL. "Nina got in my face, so i tried it your way but now it's own." Carly shut up. you just want to take on Nina. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Esme is trying to play Ava. I don't know if Ava bought it (my mom called)

I don't think she did, Ava is smarter then that. But she said she was willing to give Esme ONE more chance and then she goes full on AVA. Esme is a straight up sociopath but she can't outsmart Ava.

9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Nina has decided to throw down with Carly. teeeheeeee. get her Nina. 

I'd like to see Nina continue to get into Carly's face, dropping the breadcrumbs about how Sonny was happier in NF until Carly's head explodes. Although I would like to eventually see Carly take it out on sonny for being such a weinee and not telling the truth about his part in being gone for 9 months,

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I'd like to see Nina continue to get into Carly's face, dropping the breadcrumbs about how Sonny was happier in NF until Carly's head explodes. Although I would like to eventually see Carly take it out on sonny for being such a weinee and not telling the truth about his part in being gone for 9 months,

this would be me. I'm sorry like i said. I was on team Carly for a bit because what Nina did was scuzzy) but like that phone call she had with Nina she just burned down all the good will. like  Nina isn't painting herself as a victim here. she's owned her crap and so like all the stuff Carly was spewing about being insane and what not, like. Carly. that's everything that you've done. but Nina's crying "victim" when you were crying "justice"? okay there donkey. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Blackie said:

It's funny too, because Carly will have to stay with Sonny just to spite Nina, even though she seems to outwardly loathe every Mike characteristic Sonny has picked up over the past 9 months.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, lala2 said:

If I hear Hayden's name one more time, I'm gonna scream. I don't care about Hayden or who shot her, esp now! I couldn't be more over a story than I am w/this shooting.

I totally agree!!  Also what happened to that other women that was being held on the Cassadine compound??  Didn’t Drew and Chloe hear another woman scream?  I was thinking that was probably Hayden since she has a bigger storyline than some of the regulars on this show (although I would like it to be Holly).  Has that been dropped as well??

I guess since Julian is gone PC needs a resident punching bag and Nikolas is it.

Loved Carly getting knocked down a peg, although it never sticks it’s satisfying to see.  Get her Nina!!  Tell her everything!!

ETA:  LOL at Flatland prison.  Name is vaguely insulting and also very descriptive!

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 4

Sonny's smug chuckle after hanging up on Cyrus cracked me up. Sonny completely misunderstood the situation but somehow thinks he has the upper hand. So typical.

Willow has been completely stripped of any personality. It's all about Michael and Wiley. And of course Michael feels she has his back. Willow always tells him he's the most wonderful person in the world. Gah.

"What can I say? The Amalfi Coast is overrated." Shut up, you overindulged little turd. 

8 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Tell her everything!!

I'd rather Sonny be forced under oath to tell Carly everything. She won't believe Nina.

Previews: Charlotte! I'm not really a fan of hers, but I'm glad the actor has recovered from her terrible accident and is able to work.

• Love 6

How are Millow this boring and toxic? Their dialogue today was cringey. Also, why would anyone want to emulate Sonny and Carly’s relationship? Even at the height of their love, Sonny never had a single ounce of respect for Carly and he treated every other gf or spouse he had better than her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Number of time someone said NINE MONTHS = 2.  One of whom was Nina.  Dear Show, Nina knows how long she was in Nixon Falls and it wasn't nine months.  Geez they have her brainwashed into thinking she knew he was alive longer than she actually knew.

I do love that the writing is allowing Nina to stand her ground and not accept garbage from Carly.  I'm sure they're writing it to make Nina look like a big meanie but to me it's showing her standing up for herself against the she beast.  

I also appreciated that Nina was all, 'what the hell is identity fraud anyway, totally made up charge' .  

Edited by perkie1968
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I also appreciated that Nina was all, 'what the hell is identity fraud anyway, totally made up charge' .  

And it totally is.

Look, I think what Nina did is wrong AF, but there's no law on this planet that she broke when she did it.

• Love 13

Spencer, it's not because of Nik and Ava that you are where you are; it's because of the choices that you made.

Willow thinks that Michael is so smart. How is she going to get through her nursing classes if she's so stupid?

Alexis blaming Nik again for Shawn's incarceration is giving me a rage headache.

Are there still November sweeps?  If so what is this show going to offer?  Nina's trial? More Peter? Endless Shawn excusing?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Let's combine identify theft, which she didn't do, with fraud, which she also didn't do, and we'll go with identify fraud...which I'd love an explanation.

Did Nina try to make Sonny believe he was Mike-with-no-last-name?  No, no she didn't.  So what exactly is this charge?  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Number of time someone said NINE MONTHS = 2.

Today was the date it became official. The GH writers are trolling we Primetimers so hard they're probably in pain. Since Sonny's been back we've heard the exclamation NINE MONTHS! every half hour. But it all came to a head today when the SLS mentioned "flying barware" twice in the same half-hour. I'm almost willing to bet there's a GH Writer on this Board masquerading as a Poster. C'mon - fess up - who is it????

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1