Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Willow fears Nina suing for visitation.  Does Harmony, as a step-grandmother, have any legal to see Wiley, if she chose to sue?  Or is it just a blood relative?

If she legally adopted Willow, who legally adopted Wiley, then she is legally the grandmother; and would be able to sue for visitation (I’m going to assume that in NY grandparents can sue for visitation rights).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, drtslim said:

If she legally adopted Willow, who legally adopted Wiley, then she is legally the grandmother; and would be able to sue for visitation (I’m going to assume that in NY grandparents can sue for visitation rights).

Harmony is WIllow's biological mother, not adopted.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

Notes: 

I like Esme's hair in a ponytail. my hair like refuses to grow so i am always jealous of long white girl hair. Sonny is pathetic. "You can go after Ava, I don't care."  go kick a quarry.. 

I was so happy to see her hair in a ponytail! Yes it’s lovely and long but I’m tired of seeing it swish behind her like a character of its own. 

Spencer is in fact spoiled, but he’s also been obscenely neglected by Nikolas. Everything he’s done is driven by his knowing that he’s not Nikolas’s world, not because he thinks he’s the center of the universe. Sonny was ridiculous pretending he’s just the bestest at mobstering because he never gets caught. It was amusing to have him up against the extremely tall Nick Chavez though. The toughest tiny mobster. If only Spencer had another uncle who could give him life lessons…

Edited by racked
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I didn't watch GH for a number of years because of a conflict in scheduling, but back when I was able to watch it more regularly, I thought that Olivia was presented as a down-to-earth, pragmatic person, not so given to hysterics. Am I remembering that correctly?

I think she was for her first year on the show at least. Don’t know exactly when the shift was made but she’s been like this for a long time. Definitely once FV took over GH back in 2012. They started writing her both more campy and kinda shrewish/judgmental. I think it only got worse since they hooked her up with Ned and he enables it to an extent because he never calls her out. Possibly because he’s hardly on himself.  

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 4

If Olivia wants a divorce so much and fears that her son will actually get the help he needs be sucked into the Q's throwing money at a ~problem, why is she still living there?  Move out with your perfect son and go be perfect elsewhere, you loudmouth.

BLQ is really obnoxious with Austin and I really hope this comes back to bite her in the ass.  I like her, but she's acting like a spoiled baby.  Same goes for Michael.  I really hope this "get Nina tried for let's-make-up-a-crime results in the truth coming out about Sonny and her.  The shocked looks on Carly and Michael's faces will be worth whatever fake charge that bought AG comes up with.

Preview: I'm guessing Sonny wants to buy Charlie's.  As I'm sure everyone is.  Never let it be said this show surprises us.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Using mob money to buy a DA would be classic organized crime. But Sonny and Carly aren't smart enough and this show will never acknowledge that they aren't the heroes.

I wouldn't put it past Michael to use Scout's money, a child who is fortunately untainted by being related to Sonny. If I were Valentin I would not let him use ELQ money.

How is Scout related to Sonny? Drew (Borg's twin) is a Q via Alan (even if not raised as one) and Sam is (regrettably) a Cassadine.

• Useful 1
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Preview: I'm guessing Sonny wants to buy Charlie's. 

She's a nurse who had no problems with hiring a bi-polar amnesiac with a pinch of rage to work at her bar.  Only because of Sonny did she lose Tan-O.  Sonny is able to buy Charlie's because of his criminal activities.  MB proudly wears his bi-polar diagnosis when convenient but he would be a better spokesman if he messaged to his fellow-bi-polars to stay away from liquor or drugs as they shouldn't be mixing lithium/whatnot medications with alcohol or drugs.  Our hero and moral compass of the show 😠

• Love 8

"They think they're in love."

FUCK YOU, you ignorant, arrogant grease stain! He and Ava may be co-parents, but he's barely spent any time around Nikolas and Ava, but sits there and smugly declares with confidence that they don't really love each other. I'm sorry that they don't have the epic love that is you and Carly with your getting divorced eleventy million times. The way you signal your love by shooting her in the head or breaking thousands of items of glassware around her. Or they don't whisper sweet nothings like "betraying whore" in each other's ears.

And, it was so laughable that he claimed he never got caught because he never broke his stupid code, which was such laughable bullshit on multiple levels. First of all, he has gone after family. While Ric did some shady stuff to Sonny, he did go after Ric multiple times. Plus, Spencer was exactly right. It's only because of Diane that Sonny hasn't been convicted countless times. He has been caught several times. He even went to jail for killing AJ. The only reason he's out of jail was because of shitty writing...I mean Sonny saving someone's life and getting a get-out-of-jail free card.

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Doesn't Ava already have joint custody of Avery? Legally if not in terms of where she lives. Can't they just SORAS Avery already and end this constant custody stuff?

Olivia, people talk behind your back because you get hysterical when they talk in front of you.

I was thinking the other day (you can guess which one) about the words "as we forgive those who trespass against us".  The Corinthos clan, Sonny, Carly, Michael, Joss, never forgive those who trespass against them. They feed off of the ire and use it to justify their actions.

Yeah, I thought Ava already had joint custody. I thought the show was tired of the custody tug of war between them and they finally settled it when - after Mike took off with Avery - Ava blackmailed Sonny into joint custody to keep Mike out of jail. Everyone shamed her for using a poor old man's sickness, but she was explicit about wanting joint custody. I'm not totally surprised they retconned it, since they've been acting like Sonny has primary custody for awhile now - with Ava asking permission for things someone with joint custody wouldn't ordinarily have to ask, but this is the first time, I think, they've stated it outright. While I don't want another custody battle, it was stupid of Ava to agree to his terms if they're not legally binding, knowing how Sonny changes his mind on a whim.

I thought the exact same thing when Olivia went off on them. How does she expect people to not walk on eggshells around her when she refuses to act rationally?

At this point, Ned should just welcome divorce. I guess it's not surprising, since she raised Dante by herself, but she really doesn't seem to know how to co-parent. Parents can have disagreements - even major ones - without immediately giving up and calling for a divorce. 

That's not really true about them - at least some of them - never forgiving people. People - still - constantly complain about Michael being boring and that he's too passive and they never allow him to do anything bad. One of the biggest things people seem to hate him for is an act of forgiveness. He forgave Sonny for killing AJ. He shouldn't have, but he did. One of the reasons, I had no problem with Michael hating Nelle and having her number was because when they dated he bent over backwards to forgive her for multiple lies - including when she lied and tried to make it seem like she and Sonny slept together. When he smartly got custody of Avery, Morgan and Kiki tried to set him up for something. He forgave them for that. I think there's probably a bunch more I could list. And, even though she had no business forgiving him for this - because he did nothing wrong - Joss did oh so magnanimously forgive Cameron for daring to think Jason "The Hitman" Morgan killed his stepdad.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Anyone else annoyed that they had the elected official from Pennsylvania referring to it as a state and not a Commonwealth?

Just me?

that would be disqualifying for any PA candidate. 

Llanview and Pine Valley wouldn't make this mistake.

The past couple of days have been pretty lousy so I haven't commented much. Olivia has become practically unwatchable. That's what happens when you decide to work for Carly. BLQ was annoying as hell, and I don't even really like Austin. But like shut up. I felt like Austin knows something and might be playing the long con on the Bailey secret.

Great line from Spencer about Diane Miller.

Still loving Ava being messy. I've wanted that for such a long time for her. And for me.

Glad we're getting back to Crete tomorrow, and very glad that Britt is out of that turtleneck (I swear Carly's had three different outfits since we first saw Britt wearing it). 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Preview: I'm guessing Sonny wants to buy Charlie's.  As I'm sure everyone is.  Never let it be said this show surprises us.

It wouldn't be a surprise if he did, but at the same time, why can't he just contact the realtor? I wouldn't be surprised if Sonny told (not asked because he doesn't ask) Ava to give him Charlie's. Because he's rich but that's how he rolls.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It's only because of Diane that Sonny hasn't been convicted countless times. He has been caught several times. He even went to jail for killing AJ

And Alexis when she used to be his attorney. 

7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Llanview and Pine Valley wouldn't make this mistake.

Which is even more lame and pathetic because Valentini used to be show runner for One Life To Live, yes?

I can't believe I'm typing this, but I'm starting to miss Guzzasshole. Valentini, O'Connor and the rest keep retconning on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. There was the retcon of how Willow and Harmony made up when Harmony was working for Cyrus, then left; and when the actress returned this summer, it set off Willow having a meltdown and she and her mom were on the outs. The who shot Hayden; Now this Avery custody nonsense.

I'm sure I've missed others.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

"They think they're in love."

That was Asshole Sonny at his most.  Of course he only thinks people he ~respects can, or are deserving of, love.  Fucking prick.

And, LMAO forever about his advice to Spencer about how when you do shitty things you just don't get caught and then used himself, without irony, as an example.  OK, Champ.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It wouldn't be a surprise if he did, but at the same time, why can't he just contact the realtor? I wouldn't be surprised if Sonny told (not asked because he doesn't ask) Ava to give him Charlie's. Because he's rich but that's how he rolls.

"I'm giving you more time with Avery, you give me Charlie's."  I could see it from the big bully.

• Love 8

If Sonny wants Charlie's, Ava needs to get a new custody arrangement IN WRITING.

9 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

He forgave Sonny for killing AJ. He shouldn't have, but he did. One of the reasons, I had no problem with Michael hating Nelle and having her number was because when they dated he bent over backwards to forgive her for multiple lies - including when she lied and tried to make it seem like she and Sonny slept together. When he smartly got custody of Avery, Morgan and Kiki tried to set him up for something. He forgave them for that.

I don't think that Michael forgave Nelle so much as refused to acknowledge what she was actually doing. Since Carly finally got him to see it, he's never cut Nelle any slack for circumstances much less forgiven her.

With Sonny, it was more a case of forgetting than forgiving. I think of forgiving as forgiving the offense but remaining aware of it and thus changing the relationship. (For example, if someone steals money from me or stabs me in the back at work, I can forgive the incident but from then on, I will be careful not to leave my purse available or turn my back  on my co-worker.) For Michael, it's like Sonny murdering his father never existed, like Carly never kept him away from AJ, and Sonny and Carly are just the best parents ever. Nothing has changed. It's like we've seen a couple of scenes where Michael suspects about the MOC but it got completely dropped. There is no nuance to Michael for a character who gets so much storytime.

I was on the barge for the Morgan / Kiki stuff so I can't comment on that.

• Love 6

I bet the show decided to have Michael seek revenge against Nina because most people online call the character a huge dud and say that the last time the character was interesting was when he was feuding with Sonny.

I do find the character extremely milquetoast but I also believe that the whole Michael Q arc gets overhyped because of the fact that it’s Sonny he was standing against. There’s a portion of the audience (myself included) that loves Sonny being called on his crap and a character finally standing against him who wouldn’t automatically lose.

Having Michael go after Nina doesn’t hit the same way. It’s essentially just been him and Joss parroting their mom and taking on her battle and more of the bullies punching down without seeing their own hypocrisy. And this is coming from someone who doesn’t even like Nina. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I can speak to some of it. Morgan and Kiki were going to make Michael look like an alcoholic, I think during the time he was fighting with Sonny. This was after Morgan was considered the worst for lying to his brother, since he told Michael that he and Kiki were related and so couldn't be in a relationship. The premise at the time was that Morgan's dishonesty was selfish, since he was also in love with her and that he was "keeping Michael and Kiki apart." Translated, IMO it meant that he was supposed to step aside and let the golden child have what he wanted. It was Millow before Millow even existed, only Morgan wasn't somehow obligated to just die and get it over with.

That's the problem with Michael. If he's boring (and he is) it's because any outcome is almost as pre-determined as the outcome with Sonny. It doesn't help that as an actor Chad Duell has almost no edge or sharp corners, that the Eeyore face he showed up with hasn't turned into something more mature, for lack of a better way to put it. Say what you will about Soccer Mom Carly, she still spends half of her life snarling at anyone who gets within a foot of her. Michael would probably cry if somebody really let him have it, and given the way he grew up and his life now, he should have toughened up at least a little.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If Sonny wants Charlie's, Ava needs to get a new custody arrangement IN WRITING.

I don't think that Michael forgave Nelle so much as refused to acknowledge what she was actually doing. Since Carly finally got him to see it, he's never cut Nelle any slack for circumstances much less forgiven her.

With Sonny, it was more a case of forgetting than forgiving. I think of forgiving as forgiving the offense but remaining aware of it and thus changing the relationship. (For example, if someone steals money from me or stabs me in the back at work, I can forgive the incident but from then on, I will be careful not to leave my purse available or turn my back  on my co-worker.) For Michael, it's like Sonny murdering his father never existed, like Carly never kept him away from AJ, and Sonny and Carly are just the best parents ever. Nothing has changed. It's like we've seen a couple of scenes where Michael suspects about the MOC but it got completely dropped. There is no nuance to Michael for a character who gets so much storytime.

I think he did forgive her. She was caught red-handed lying about sleeping with Sonny and admitted it. I think Michael bought her sob story about the stolen kidney and getting revenge because she thought Carly had something to do with it, so he gave her a second chance. Then she repeatedly lied after that. I don't believe it was Carly opening his eyes to her, but Nelle getting in her own way and her continuous lies that ended the relationship. And, yeah, he's never cut her slack since because, first of all, she's not remorseful for anything she's done, and the things she's done include leaving him to burn to death and letting him think his son was dead. 

I think over the years, yeah, it's been more about trying to forget Sonny killed AJ. The show doesn't like to bring it up. But, at first, when he gave Avery back to Sonny, it was about forgiving him. It was a forgive and forget situation. I'm more like you in life in that I rarely forgive and forget, but some people can forgive and just move on like it never happened. 

• Love 2

Laura is about to ruin any chance Nik has of fathering Spencer. Kevin is an idiot for going along with it. I don't get the point of this. Nik should be furious at them. And still give Ava control over his money.

I love Esme's suit (except for the cropped shirt). Very European.

I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV but I'm pretty sure that Nina didn't steal anyone's identity or commit fraud. Especially cuz, you know, 'Mike' kept telling everyone that he didn't want to look for his family or know who it is.

Michael, Nelle is Wylie's "real mother" if you're looking at who gave him birth and not who you arbitrarily decided was his mother.

Sam: "If only I had told you, Jason, Drew might still be alive."  Blech.  And "My kids come first." 🤣🤣🤣🤣

"My mother put her life on the line to step into my father's business."  Willow, buy a clue, the Corinthos organization is a bunch of criminals.

23 hours ago, Daisy said:

And once again. What a waste of a story in regards to Holt v Q's. and like I said. Austin is all :( you just went after me and i just wanted to be part of the family. if that were the case you would have gotten to know them first and then work on getting JL recognized. so spare me the judgemental speech dude. but it might not be over. so that... maybe be exciting. but i'm not holding my breath.

There is an interesting parallel in that Jimmy Lee, Brook Lynn and Spencer all have an idiosyncratic (and distorted view of what believing that you belong is. For Brook Lynn and Jimmy Lee, it's owning shares in ELQ, for Spencer it's having his father put him first and give in to any demand whether it hurts his father or not.

I don't think that Austin cares about the shares except in that they are what his father wanted.

17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

How is Scout related to Sonny? Drew (Borg's twin) is a Q via Alan (even if not raised as one) and Sam is (regrettably) a Cassadine.

Scout isn't related to him, that's why I said that she is fortunately untainted.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I think over the years, yeah, it's been more about trying to forget Sonny killed AJ. The show doesn't like to bring it up. But, at first, when he gave Avery back to Sonny, it was about forgiving him. It was a forgive and forget situation.

Yes about Nelle although there is no forgiveness or understanding now.

I agree that the show wants to forget what Sonny and Carly dd to AJ from the trick to make everyone think he was drinking, to the meathook to killing AJ. But I think that's more about how the Corinthii are never held accountable for what they do more than Michael being the kind of person who forgives.

By rights, Sonny should be angry at Michael for usurping his authority and privacy and setting up this charge against Nina. I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

By rights, Sonny should be angry at Michael for usurping his authority and privacy and setting up this charge against Nina. I'm not holding my breath.

as of right now - I don't think Sonny has told anyone (other than Carly and Jason) to just let things go. Carly is totally going to be all "do it michael." because that's how she rolls. but i mean - and Google law is failing me - i legit don't think it's illegal to not tell someone who they are if they don't know who they are.... and they don't want to knowNot to mention, so I am seriously confused where the fraud and the identity theft is. 

and Michael. boy. let me just pop your entitled balloon here. 

1: Nina had asked to speak to Jax privatelyJax said that he couldn't because despite everyone else being there for Carly he needed to be for Carly too, and then Nina lost her temper (rightly), because these two dumbos lied about keeping her daughter's identity from her. She didn't cause a scene during the service. people were leaving. So stop making it sound like she ruined a moment. 

2: ALL Nina said to Wiley was, I'm your other mommy's mommy. (and I love how the show didn't show any more of this in depth conversation that Nina had with a 2.5 year old). and Honestly, this would actually mean more to me if Wiley were like 5, 6 and could sort of more understand things. but he's 2. chances are he would have said something "mean" to Willow anyway and have no idea what he was saying

3: Can we all stop pretending that Carly was forced to do something she never wanted to do? Carly wanted to do this basically since the first Sonny left, and Jason told her no. Then Jason told her no, and Carly pouted. Then Jason went on the run because of Carly's dumbass plan and Carly went It's MY time and went. 

4: all of this happened not because Nina decided to "punish Carly" (which FYI she does deserves you little twit, your mother deserves a hell of a lot more than she ever gets). but it was because SONNY decided that he needed to play God and go after Julian (to murder him) and found himself on a bridge and nearly drowned before Ghost Mike saved him (stupid ghost mike). 

5: The only reason why you gave Nina another chance after Nina broke Willow's wittle heart, was because Jax saw you screwing Chase's girlfriend soon to be wife. You didn't give Nina a second chance from the goodness of your little raisin heart. 

also also - what you people fail to understand. that say Nina did bring him home. Would you have been grateful? No, you wouldn't. You would have been just as stingy with visitations. You are assuming that Sonny would have just seen everyone and been all. "yah okay this is my life" and continued to be a mob boss and crap like that. Chances are Jason/Carly still would have had to step in because would YOU want to trust a mobster with no memory (if i were Woo and the others?) I wouldn't. I would have taken advantage of the situation. Avery still would have been confused because it still would have been several months since you told her that Sonny was dead, then he poofed back into her life and he doesn't remember her. So like.. just.. shut up. 

and ON TOP OF THIS
The dumb idiot didn't want to know ANYTHING. He didn't do ANYTHING to help himself at all. like even the basic. "Hey i was found in a river, can you kinda i dunno finger print me and see anything comes up?" the fact that not one of his adult children even came to this conclusion - (even rightly still being mad at Nina) pisses me off. 

• Love 16

The Robert and Victor conversation was delightful. Again, CS is really charming me. I wish he was staying longer. Bring back Heather Webber for him.

I wouldn't trust Sonny if I were Ava. She should have been more forceful. I'm tired of her capitulating to his every syllable.

Sam's first priority is her kids. Wait, you were serious with that?

Identity theft? Yeah, right. 

Can't wait to see Spencer working a real job like the rest of us peasants lol.

Jason and Britt got to Greece awfully quickly.

Am at the fake conference next week in St. Lucia so hope it's a good week of shows for y'all!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

So Michael wants to have Nina charged with Fraud and Identity Theft?
Who did she fraud? Whose identity did she steal?

NOBODY'S. Keeping a secret isn't fraud, and Nina didn't pretend to be anyone but herself. Gah. My new rage-blackout story.

• Love 17

You know it would be just like this show to have Nina somehow convicted of identity theft over this while at the same time, the authorities/townspeople all know and have ignored that Sonny was trying to kill Julian leading up to his accident, Carly kidnapped an elderly woman, and Jason had 2 of their mob rivals killed on his wedding day. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

Jason had 2 of their mob rivals killed on his wedding day. 

note how this totally just went poof. Dianne is really a miracle worker. 

5 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Carly kidnapped an elderly woman,

the mayor totally condoned this too (shut up laura)

5 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Sonny was trying to kill Julian leading up to his accident

which is okay because Julian is a BAD bad guy, where Sonny is a GOOD bad guy.

14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

NOBODY'S. Keeping a secret isn't fraud, and Nina didn't pretend to be anyone but herself. Gah. My new rage-blackout story.

that's what i thought. that one actually stumped me for a bit because i am like I don't really think what she did was illegal, but they're going to play it like it is but it doesn't make sense. (which is standard M.O. for this show).

• Love 8

It's going to be even harder to believe that Michael is some business genius when he thinks that what Nina did was fraud and identity theft.

I've love to see this blow up in his face. (But it's not gonna happen.)

• Love 9

So, I guess the attorney general candidate for Pennsylvania is seeking funding from someone in New York? So much so that he actually shows up in person. I wonder if Michael's relationship with a mob family would make the money a little less desirable. Perhaps in real life, but not on GH. Hmm, maybe not in real life either, nowadays.

22 minutes ago, Daisy said:
34 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Jason had 2 of their mob rivals killed on his wedding day. 

note how this totally just went poof. Dianne is really a miracle worker. 

I know! I can't believe it wasn't all over the news for weeks, with lots of coverage about finding who the killer was. OTOH, maybe it is, but no one on this show follows the news, so they are unaware of this.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Surprising pushback from Willow to Michael about his "donation" vs. "bribe". Unfortunately, she didn't ask the most critical question - did Nina actually commit fraud or identity theft. 

"Identity theft" - as Inigo Montoya might say, "Michael, you keep using that term, but I don't think it means what you think it means". 

I would love the the PA AG to get back to Michael and tell him that their investigation (there would be an investigation, right?) showed that there's no evidence of fraud or identity theft.

Edited to add: Looks like I posted too soon. Apparently the wheels of Justice in Pennsylvania and Port Charles do NOT grind slowly - they barely grind at all. It seems that a few hours after Michael told the PA AG about Nina's crimes (allegedly committed in Nixon Falls), someone has convinced the PA DA that the smart move is to go to Port Charles and arrest Nina. IRL this would blow up in someone's face, but...

Edited by KittyQ
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Surprising pushback from Willow to Michael about his "donation" vs. "bribe". Unfortunately, she didn't ask the most critical question - did Nina actually commit fraud or identity theft. 

"Identity theft" - as Inigo Montoya might say, "Michael, you keep using that term, but I don't think it means what you think it means". 

I would love the the PA AG to get back to Michael and tell him that their investigation (there would be an investigation, right?) showed that there's no evidence of fraud or identity theft.

Edited to add: Looks like I posted too soon. Apparently the wheels of Justice in Pennsylvania and Port Charles do NOT grind slowly - they barely grind at all. It seems that a few hours after Michael told the PA AG about Nina's crimes (allegedly committed in Nixon Falls), someone has convinced the PA DA that the smart move is to go to Port Charles and arrest Nina. IRL this would blow up in someone's face, but...

Just when we think this show cannot get any more stupid or asinine, it proves us wrong. What exactly has Nina done to get arrested for in PC?

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Scout isn't related to him, that's why I said that she is fortunately untainted.

My bad! And yeah, Scout is one lucky kid. No Sonny genes!

Yes but this makes her eligible to be Sonny's new girlfriend (when she is of age of course).

• LOL 5
11 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Just when we think this show cannot get any more stupid or asinine, it proves us wrong. What exactly has Nina done to get arrested for in PC?

the DA of Llantano would have had to contact Robert (the DA of PC) or Mac etc and inform them of the charges that they intend to file on Nina. PC Police would arrest Nina and then extradite her to Llantano, where the trial etc would take place. (or they could ask for a venue change and have it prosecuted in New York)

but as Robert is in Greece and Mac is Offscreen who knows how that process actually happened.  

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Yes but this makes her eligible to be Sonny's new girlfriend (when she is of age of course).

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!! Don't give them ideas! Remember when the board once joked about Sonny/Emily?! Yeah.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

It's going to be even harder to believe that Michael is some business genius when he thinks that what Nina did was fraud and identity theft.

I've love to see this blow up in his face. (But it's not gonna happen.)

I guess I'm just not jaded enough because I do find myself thinking that this isn't going to work and Michael - amazing businessman that he is - will end up with egg on his face.  I'm also hoping this is the catalyst to make Willow discover that she never actually loved Michael. She loved Wiley and convinced herself she loved Michael to prevent him from taking Wiley away from her. Now that one I'm less confident about. I'm thinking this is just their way to drum up some drama for Millowtonin since they are the most boring couple to grace GH in a decade (possibly longer). I'm sure they will work it out and be back to pretending they are insanely hot for each other in no time. No one is buying it, writers.

• Love 11

IDENTITY THEFT?????  Excuse me while I go have a rage blackout.

Michael is an idiot and any lawyer who would agree to prosecute a case for must be, too. What a waste of tax dollars  on the Pennsylvania side of Pennsylvania.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 10
Just now, Cheyanne11 said:

IDENTITY THEFT?????  Excuse me while I go have a rage blackout.

Michael is an idiot and any lawyer who would agree to prosecute a case for must be, too. What a waste of tax follies on the Pennsylvania side of Pennsylvania.

Indeed. "Identity theft" - I guess Michael figures that Nina "stole" Sonny's identity by failing to tell him who he really is. Doesn't matter that she never claimed to "be" Sonny, or used his credit cards (or whatever he might have), didn't represent herself as Sonny online or anything else that people in the real world might expect "identity theft" to involve.

Obviously, Pennsylvania has too much money and time on its "hands".

• Love 10

Now the police arrested Nina for "identity fraud."  So they're just making up crimes now.  Making next she'll be arrested for arson burglary.  Fucking insult to viewers' intelligence.

The only thing I can think of is this will end up in the truth coming out about Sonny and Nina.   There has to be some payoff other than the Corinthii win yet again.

Carly in the previews: "if that's not a crime, I don't know what is."  Got about 5 hours for me to recite the 947 that you, Sonny and/or Jason have committed in the last two decades, you wench?

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Indeed. "Identity theft" - I guess Michael figures that Nina "stole" Sonny's identity by failing to tell him who he really is. Doesn't matter that she never claimed to "be" Sonny, or used his credit cards (or whatever he might have), didn't represent herself as Sonny online or anything else that people in the real world might expect "identity theft" to involve.

Obviously, Pennsylvania has too much money and time on its "hands".

This is where Nina needs to say "I asked Sonny if he wanted to know about his past, and he said no, he was happy how he was. I respected this choice."

then put Sonny's ass on the stand and ask him why he didn't freaking do anything to help himself, and have him say "Well I thought if they cared about me they would have found me so why bother looking?"

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly in the previews: "if that's not a crime, I don't know what is."  Got about 5 hours for me to recite the 947 that you, Sonny and/or Jason have committed in the last two decades, you wench?

Do you think LW was able to keep a serious left when she said her line?

The whole NF storyline has been unrecognizable because of all the retcons they've done within the last NINE months.

What a joke.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I saw that too. i am like. do we want it to be alphabetical or the most heinous?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly in the previews: "if that's not a crime, I don't know what is." 

Bingo, Carly! I think you've hit the nail on the head (which explains SO MUCH about you) - you don't know what a crime is.

• LOL 9

We’re back to watching on recurring status, so this might’ve been addressed before: they added a lot of new sets for the “Greece” scenes, didn’t they?  I think the interrogation room is a re-purposing of a patient room at Mercy or one of the mental institutions, but the set people are at least busy at work.

Glad to see the veterans (Finola, JPS, RF!S) + CS getting good screen time.  The writing isn’t always good, but they all consistently bring their A games.

Add vindictive/calculating to emotions that CD can’t believably play.

• Love 8

How is what Nina did identity theft. She lied but she didn't steal anything. If that's a crime then everyone who knew Drew was alive committed identity theft? Everyone who knew Jason, Brenda, Cassadines x100 committed identity theft. 

No, that's not how it works. Michael is an idiot. 

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Artsda said:

How is what Nina did identity theft. She lied but she didn't steal anything. If that's a crime then everyone who knew Drew was alive committed identity theft? Everyone who knew Jason, Brenda, Cassadines x100 committed identity theft. 

Reading this, I had a sudden flash-back to the Seinfeld finale - imagine almost everyone in Port Charles in jail because they knew someone who wasn't dead or who wasn't who they represented themselves as. Round them all up! :-)

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I know! I can't believe it wasn't all over the news for weeks, with lots of coverage about finding who the killer was. OTOH, maybe it is, but no one on this show follows the news, so they are unaware of this.

If only they knew someone who ran a media empire. You know, like Aurora. 

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Now the police arrested Nina for "identity fraud."  So they're just making up crimes now.  Making next she'll be arrested for arson burglary. 

Stay tuned. Carly will make it happen .

7 hours ago, Daisy said:

but it was because SONNY decided that he needed to play God and go after Julian (to murder him) and found himself on a bridge and nearly drowned before Ghost Mike saved him (stupid ghost mike). 

Sonny was trying to get Julian to come back to Port Charles so he would tesify against Cyrus for setting up the bombing at the Floating Rib. Cyrus' men shot/wounded Julian and Sonny followed him to drag him back to Port Charles.

I don't care if these stupid charges against Nina stick or not. At least something is happening because Nina has suffered no ill effects for dragging the stupid Nixon Falls storyline another six months. She has all friends supporting her. She still has her fabulous job that she abandoned for six months. She even still gets to visit Wylie if she wants to even though she had only visited him once during those six months in Nixon Fall.

Frankly, I am getting tired of Nina hemming and hawing and acting like a victim and asking her friends to forgive her for what she did when NONE of them gave her any grief at all for what she did. Not even to tell her "Girl , you crazy" for she did.

Liz did the same thing that Nina did with Jake Doe when she found out that (incorrectly) that he was Jason. When the truth came out, Liz not only had to deal with the diapproval of people she cared about, she felt that she was so ostracized and had no friends. So much so she was desperate to allow a serial killer to get close to her so she had someone who would support her.

Liz, a legacy character who has been on the show for over 2 decades.

But Nina somehow gets treated better than her? Unbelievable.

Edited by nilyank