Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Recommended Posts

I will say, I'm pretty shocked we're rounding the reveal turn of the Mike story and Nina didn't bone him.  A surprising amount of restraint from the writers given, presumably, they still want her viable.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

This being GH however, Olivia is going to be the one to flip out and Ned the saint.

She'll probably blame Julian. He's an easy, dead scapegoat. She didn't know what she was doing when they slept together, you know. /sarcasm of the highest order

39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm pretty shocked we're rounding the reveal turn of the Mike story and Nina didn't bone him.

I'd have loved it if they had slept together and that's what snapped Mike back to Sonny, and he's like, "What the hell am I doing in bed with you?"

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Jax was awesome in these scenes. I laughed out loud at a lot of his lines trying to reason with Nina. 

"Mike doesn't exist."

"Are you going to try and tell me that wasn't Sonny..I saw him." 😂

Good for him pointing out Valentin's lie about her child.

Does Jason's kids know about the wedding? I don't blame them for not caring. It's not like he's a full time father.

Everytime they brought up the past with Jake's it just made me remember Sarah Brown and the good scenes with her and Steve in those scenes.

I prefer BL as the mother. Maxie's just out of line.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

IIRC, there was a court case and Maxie lost custody of Georgie in one of the typical stunningly unfair GH court cases. Right now the kids are on a vacation road trip with their grandparents and I think that's fair enough especially with Peter still a danger to Maxie and her kids.

Didn’t Maxie lose custody because she lied about the baby being Lulu’s and then when Georgie was born she was like umm actually that’s my baby and Spinelli is the dad?  I don’t remember all the details but for all of Spinelli’s faults I don’t thing he would have moved to Oregon or kept Maxie away from Georgie without Maxie’s blessing. Maxie went months and months without seeing Georgie, and James is seemingly always with Mac and Felicia (not just on this vacay). She got all flustered about having to take both kids to Texas since Spin said he couldn’t keep Georgie this one time. I’m not judging her, but she should be very careful about judging others when she’s not exactly perfect (no one is). I mean Brooklyn said she and Valentin let little Bailey-Lu fuss a little before intervening, not that she leaves the baby sitting in a poopy diaper neglected for hours. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd have loved it if they had slept together and that's what snapped Mike back to Sonny, and he's like, "What the hell am I doing in bed with you?"

Well, we do know Sonny's mob D had the ability to bring out or surpress DID alters so maybe getting laid would have activated its magical properties (and also, natch, impregnated the barren Nina).

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/9/2021 at 2:22 PM, VioletMarx said:

But Maura is not a writer on the show and her character isn't even in this storyline. I meant they should hire a consultant and pay them to vet what they do, especially as they would be one of the first to address it from a childhood diagnosis.

Given how GH portrays medical and legal things, does it seem at all likely that they would actually bring in a consultant to help them write this storyline?

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I mean Brooklyn said she and Valentin let little Bailey-Lu fuss a little before intervening, not that she leaves the baby sitting in a poopy diaper neglected for hours. 

there are a lot of people who think if you let your children self soothe, that's pretty much the same thing. My mom self-soothed my brother and me, (and basically any kid she baby sat for,) because her philosophy was if nothing was legitimately wrong, why am i holding you, playing with you if you're supposed to be sleeping. So many of my friends w/babies (now) was flabbergasted and thought how mean that was.

 

I will say - I always love how Brooklyn flat out says she loves that Kid but whenever Maxie says anything her first reaction is "so do you want her back?" as of now (and as we know the show can retcon stuff we saw last week now), BLQ has no intentions of shading Maxie when this is over, and she pretty much knows when it is she's screwed but she'll cross that bridge when she gets there 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

Given how GH portrays medical and legal things, does it seem at all likely that they would actually bring in a consultant to help them write this storyline?

ikr?  We'd be shocked if they even bothered to hit up Google or Wikipedia. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Where do I even begin? 

Sonny or Mike, the guy is still as dumb as a box of rocks. I don't even know how he functions, but here we are.

Maxie is a total jerk. I get that she wants her kid back, but her attitude toward the woman who is caring for her child was kind of cruel, I thought. And honestly, Maxie's whole I have two other children was just laughable. Georgie was raised by Ellie and Spinelli. And James spends more time at Felicia and Mac's daycare (also, where is Mac???) than he does with his mother. So take a seat, Maxie. I hope Nina blows up your world by telling Peter where he can find his kid. Then they can both go and vanish.

Nina is completely deluded. Girlfriend has lost her goddamn mind. 

Carly behaving like a giddy high school girl was just . . . I was staring at my screen wondering why I was watching this.

So we had a meeting of three families. Who is the other one? Also, stop blowing up warehouses. Man up all of you. Grow a pair and eliminate the enemy. Just take Jason out while he's standing at the altar. Fucking hell, these mobsters are so useless.

Did you notice that when the families met their phrasing made it seem like ‘the five families’ are a third party to those present?

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I can’t stand CW.  I think her acting is horrible, but IR was great. To bad Peter showed up because now Nina coming clean to Smike will have to wait.  Unless SMike walks in and attacks Peter and his memory comes back.  That could be mildly interesting.  
I do not understand why the five families aren’t planning to take out Jason, Carly and their entire family at the wedding. Perfect opportunity. What does blowing up a warehouse do for them? 
 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, jqdeco said:

 Unless SMike walks in and attacks Peter and his memory comes back.  That could be mildly interesting.  

That was my first thought (oh Baseball bat where are you?), but the writers haven't been very predictable for a change and I'm actually interested in seeing what happens next.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, 'Mike' is sweet and gentle, as long as everyone tells him how great he is and never disagrees or challenges him. ( The local cop, Elijah, Jax, Peter). Then he goes right into angry/threatening Sonny-like attitude. 

How many times has Nina told him to go away because his hostility was making a situation worse? 

And I'm confused about who the five families are, if that meeting consisted of Mrs Woo, Novak... That third guy, and Corinthos makes four... They didn't let Cyrus in so idk who the five are.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

The amnesia stories don't seem to account for the fact that the person does not remember.  All the kids who miss Sonny - wouldn't it be more traumatic for them to spend time with Smike?  Your dad comes back and he does not remember you?  Seems that would be really scary and require a lot of counseling - keeping him away actually makes sense until the kids can be prepared.  Even then, younger ones could really be damaged by interacting with such a phenomenon.  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Yeah, 'Mike' is sweet and gentle, as long as everyone tells him how great he is and never disagrees or challenges him. ( The local cop, Elijah, Jax, Peter). Then he goes right into angry/threatening Sonny-like attitude. 

How many times has Nina told him to go away because his hostility was making a situation worse? 

Ain't that the truth. Nina claims to not have known much about Sonny, but SMike's behavior clearly indicates that whatever negative things she might have heard about him are clearly true. Which makes her obsession with him even odder. As long as Jax is in truth telling mode, he should find a gentle way of telling Nina she's in serious need of some mental health counseling. She's probably going to self-destruct unless that happens, and if current events are any indication Nina is capable of taking a few folks with her when the big implosion happens.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Daisy said:

I will say - I always love how Brooklyn flat out says she loves that Kid but whenever Maxie says anything her first reaction is "so do you want her back?" as of now (and as we know the show can retcon stuff we saw last week now), BLQ has no intentions of shading Maxie when this is over, and she pretty much knows when it is she's screwed but she'll cross that bridge when she gets there 

Same. I think BLQ was taken by surprise at how much she loves Bailey. Not that BLQ hates babies, but she wasn't in a place where she was thinking about having (real; heh) children. Then Bailey falls in her lap and she becomes a real champion for her. It's nice to see, and I also like that so far they haven't written BLQ as becoming delusional about who Bailey's real mother is.

9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The Writers: Carly and Jason being in wuvsies for real was our plan all along!

Me: wuDLOFq.gif

 

Me: It Works Rachael Harris GIF by Lucifer

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The Writers: Carly and Jason being in wuvsies for real was our plan all along!

Me: wuDLOFq.gif

Oh I loved Bobby on Melrose Place! Until the writers massacred his character too!

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

The amnesia stories don't seem to account for the fact that the person does not remember.  All the kids who miss Sonny - wouldn't it be more traumatic for them to spend time with Smike?  Your dad comes back and he does not remember you?  Seems that would be really scary and require a lot of counseling - keeping him away actually makes sense until the kids can be prepared.  Even then, younger ones could really be damaged by interacting with such a phenomenon.  

 

I think there's a bit of assumption at work that if Sonny is told who he is, and goes and sees everyone, his memory will come back. 

Me to the writers in regard to this Carly/Jason 'it's been you--it's always been you" hogwash:

image.png.8ce41f463933f1b0529b0aa0510e763c.png

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Yeah, 'Mike' is sweet and gentle, as long as everyone tells him how great he is and never disagrees or challenges him. ( The local cop, Elijah, Jax, Peter). Then he goes right into angry/threatening Sonny-like attitude. 

How many times has Nina told him to go away because his hostility was making a situation worse?

That's a really good point. It's Fake Mike but it's also a fake situation. Nina is even more delusional than I thought, she thinks that he can remain Gentle Plaid Mike because he's been removed from the stresses of the mob but put him under any stress or anyone standing up to him and it's the short-fused narcissistic mob boss again.

On a better show, this is what they would be exploring. Here it's just another dropped idea.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Artsda said:

verytime they brought up the past with Jake's it just made me remember Sarah Brown and the good scenes with her and Steve in those scenes.

I wasn't watching back then, but even I found myself imagining if this would be  more believable with SB in the role. There is simply zero chem between Carly and Jason and when he was kissing her it was kind of repulsive, not sure why.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, jqdeco said:

What does blowing up a warehouse do for them? 

that's what they all do

 

Bad Mob: "I blow up your warehouse!"
Jason: "Oh yah! I blow up your warehouse!"
Bad Mob "Oh yah? I AM GOING To ThrEAten YOU!"
Jason: "Oh yah?! I'm going to stand here in my too tight black shirt and stutter threat you! HAH!"


Bad Mob "Oh yah?! i am going to maybe kill some one." oh look i can only kill no one important 

Jason: "Oh yah! I am going to actually shoot you and kill you."
Dante: "Okay what's going on. you are under arrest."
Jason "Yah well i am not speaking until I see Dianne"
Dianne: "I don't wanna hear it! But Dante he's actually innocent!"
Dante: "Okay. go home."
 

rinse repeat. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I will say, I'm pretty shocked we're rounding the reveal turn of the Mike story and Nina didn't bone him. 

Well, I don't think it's over yet.  She could still give him one for the road.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Jason: "Oh yah! I am going to actually shoot you and kill you."
Dante: "Okay what's going on. you are under arrest."
Jason "Yah well i am not speaking until I see Dianne"
Dianne: "I don't wanna hear it! But Dante he's actually innocent!"
Dante: "Okay. go home."

Excellent summation.  The only thing I'd add is before he's released, Jason entertains at least 2 visitors while he sits in the interrogation room, as if it's his personal office.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, jqdeco said:

 Unless SMike walks in and attacks Peter and his memory comes back.  

I think Peter's going to attack Nina.  Sonny will find her and assume Jax did it and will head to PC to confront Jax, walking in on the wedding.  

  • Useful 7

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, bannana said:

I wasn't watching back then, but even I found myself imagining if this would be  more believable with SB in the role. There is simply zero chem between Carly and Jason and when he was kissing her it was kind of repulsive, not sure why.

They’ve had a brother/sister chemistry for decades now, so their kissing was very Flowers in the Attic and probably why most of us sat through the scene covering our eyes and whimpering EW EW EWWWWWWWW!

  • Like 18
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Here's what I want to happen.  Nina tells Sonny who he is and all the memories come rushing back.  She tells him Jason and Carly are getting married. He rushes up and bursts in right at the "If anyone has any objections" part and yells "I give you both my blessing.  I've found true love with Nina," turns around and exits.  Everybody kind of looks like each other like "What????"  Jason runs after him and says "where are you going?  I don't want to marry Carly."  "Well, then don't."  Jason says "What a great idea. Why didn't I think of that?"  Sonny heads back to Nina.  Jason goes home.  Back at the wedding people are still looking at each other dumbfounded.  Monica laughs hysterically when she realizes nobody's coming back.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I think Peter's going to attack Nina.  Sonny will find her and assume Jax did it and will head to PC to confront Jax, walking in on the wedding.  

I feel like there's a reason Peter walked in looking all triumphant. Meaning, Jax isn't going to make it back to Port Charles to tell anyone anything, because Peter would then have nothing to blackmail Nina about. Apparently Peter just hangs out in the woods watching all the comings and goings in Nixon Falls.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I think Peter's going to attack Nina.  Sonny will find her and assume Jax did it and will head to PC to confront Jax, walking in on the wedding.  

I think Peter's going to attack Nina.  Sonny will interrupt with a baseball bat.  Hick local law enforcement will arrest Smike and drag him off to jail.  Peter will see Jax lurking and lock him in a basement somewhere.  Nina won't tell Smike.  Jarly will marry and have an awkward honeymoon. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I’d give my fortune if someone, anyone, bashed Peter’s head in with a baseball bat and then threw his lifeless body in the ocean as far from shore as possible.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Is this all just one BIG, LONG stupid way to let LW be coupled with SBu and Mo be coupled with CW (which it appears they both want) in a way that fans cannot find any fault with Sonny or Carly. Because you know, they only ever parted cuz circumstances!!! 

If we don't get some SERIOUS drama and conflict between Carly, Sonny and Jason at some point, this will all be just a big masturbatory indulgence of these actors. I mean the citizenry of Nixon Falls and PC have been lauding and propping Mike and Carly all this time to the point of absolute ridiculousness! Meanwhile other characters will take the fall. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

I think Peter's going to attack Nina.  Sonny will interrupt with a baseball bat.  Hick local law enforcement will arrest Smike and drag him off to jail.  Peter will see Jax lurking and lock him in a basement somewhere.  Nina won't tell Smike.  Jarly will marry and have an awkward honeymoon. 

If Smike gets arrested, Nina won't have to tell him because once the police run his prints, his identity will be revealed. Though I guess that assumes that the Podunk Nixon Falls PD has a computer and access to a database.

Count me in with everyone who doesn't buy Jason suddenly being into the idea of marrying Carly. I semi-shipped the couple back when Sarah Brown was playing Carly, but everything about them getting together now is a hard pass.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I think when Sonny comes back to the bar, Nina won't be there because Peter kidnaps her (probably in retaliation to get info out of her since the lead she gave him was a lie).  Sonny will think Jax took her and will head to Port Charles to find Nina.  

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Steph J said:

Though I guess that assumes that the Podunk Nixon Falls PD has a computer and access to a database.

They can hold him without charges, long enough for the gruesome twosome to get married.

Share this post


Link to post

You know what would really be interesting? If SMike never regains his memories and decides that the Mob Life is not for him. It would be the reverse of St. Jasus' situation - did he ever regain all of Jason Q's memories? Did he even want them back? It would give Mo something different to do - the writers really have nowhere else to go with the Sonny character as far as I can see. Or, the writers could have Sonny and Jason reverse roles and have the latter be responsible for tutoring SMike on the nuances of Mob Life. After all, those warehouses aren't going to blow themselves up.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I've been pondering by the potential outcomes of a Sonny and Jarly reunion and I can't think of any good ones, especially for Carly.

First, I don't see how a traditional love triangle works here because that would mean Sonny and Jason fighting over her. In what world would Sonny's ego allow that? And speaking of Sonny's ego - is he going to step back and let Carly and Jason keep each other and the business? (Highly unlikely.) Would Jason want Carly so badly he would walk away from the mob? Would she give up everything for him?

On a different soap that might be riveting. On this one, we know MB will always win, the mob isn't going away and that either Carly, Jason (or both) will eventually choose Sonny and his world over luvvv... 

  • Like 9
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

I've been pondering by the potential outcomes of a Sonny and Jarly reunion and I can't think of any good ones, especially for Carly.

First, I don't see how a traditional love triangle works here because that would mean Sonny and Jason fighting over her. In what world would Sonny's ego allow that? And speaking of Sonny's ego - is he going to step back and let Carly and Jason keep each other and the business? (Highly unlikely.) Would Jason want Carly so badly he would walk away from the mob? Would she give up everything for him?

On a different soap that might be riveting. On this one, we know MB will always win, the mob isn't going away and that either Carly, Jason (or both) will eventually choose Sonny and his world over luvvv... 

It would be like watching a sporting event where I despise everyone involved.  Then spend The whole time imagining a scenario where everyone loses horribly.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Again? When is the wedding day? Right now, it’s September 12th. The wedding seems like one long day and I don’t know how much I can take of it. Get it over with show!!!!! SB face is getting really old looking. I’m guessing too much sun damage along with whatever supplements he’s been taking for years to bulk up. I thought Donnelll did a good job in the hospital scenes. As for, Leo and his potential autism. It’s a nice subject matter but would parents have no idea how withdrawn their kid is? It took Austin a day to figure it out. It looks like they are lining up a Olivia and Ned feud. I don’t think I can take LC ranting and raving everyday. I’m still trying to get over her and her visions stuff that went on way too long. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I just watched Wed-Fri in a binge while grooming my dogs, and while I figured these would not be popular episodes on this board, I found it all deliciously soapy!

It says a lot about IR’s performance (and frankly the writing) that I found myself siding with Jax, because usually when I see Jax all I can think is “fuck Ingo”. And as long as this Nixon Falls storyline has dragged on, I loved that something was finally happening. I think it also helped that Smike was absent for the main drama. (Also, a big LOL to Phyllis —Phyllis!— calling Jax pushy.)

While I agree that the Jason/ Carly stuff was rushed (I knew they’d screw it up), I didn’t hate it. I can believe that Jason still harbored feelings from long ago that he shut down, because he shuts down everything. Maybe the whole thing is just easier to accept if you don’t hate Carly/ LW. 

I liked that Portia/ Curtis/ Jordan were joining forces in a real caper, but don’t like that the story is about to default to the usual love triangle. That’s so boring.

I am enjoying Dr. Austin’s deadpan delivery, and thought he handled the non-diagnosis well. Didn’t set off alarms, but said enough to make Ned think a specialist visit was in order. Any more information would have just prompted a bunch of questions that he was not qualified to answer.

And speaking of Dr. Austin, can he and Brooke Lynn just get together already?The two of them would make the perfect comic snark duo, and I am already picking out the silverware patterns. More Brooke and Maxie, too, please. They play off each other well.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:48 AM, Kim0820 said:

But then, he can still make his super duper special awesome sauce.  He remembers that.  

I told y’all how mentions of Sonny’s “special sauce” trigger me. Any more of this, and I will be forced to check myself into Ferncliff.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, sas616 said:

I think when Sonny comes back to the bar, Nina won't be there because Peter kidnaps her (probably in retaliation to get info out of her since the lead she gave him was a lie).  Sonny will think Jax took her and will head to Port Charles to find Nina.  

I like this a lot better than Peter holding Jax hostage and no reveal.  

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

did he ever regain all of Jason Q's memories

He did not ever regain all of Jason Q's memories, and he's never regretted it. Jason Q was a reindeer-sweater-wearing square, you know. Doctor, schmoctor! The life of a mob hit man is so much more personally rewarding.

6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I can believe that Jason still harbored feelings from long ago that he shut down, because he shuts down everything. Maybe the whole thing is just easier to accept if you don’t hate Carly/ LW. 

For Jason to be in love with Carly goes against 25 years of show canon. His main affection for her is because she let him into Michael's life. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Canon shmanon. These writers have the attention span of a 2 year old. They're changing canon in the middle of a story they're still writing (Britt who? says Jason). Carly and Jason "falling in love" at this point gives them both more angst when Sonny returns and throws a bone to the Jarly fanbase. 

Didn't Jax say that he was going to stay in Nixon Falls until he knows for sure that Nina has told Sonny who he is? But yes, Smike will probably go after Jax and yell at him and try to beat him up when I really want Smike to beat up Peter. Maybe they take an episode or two of this interminable day to figure out that it's Peter after all. I wouldn't be surprised if Jax helped Sonny save Nina for MB's ego.

As for Sonny/Jarly, they have spent so much time having Carly mourning Sonny and thinking that she's being unfaithful by having feelings for Jason that I'd be really surprised if Jarly continued. If MB  really wants Sonny/Nina, I can see Sonny protecting her and maybe moving out for a while but it will be Carson again soon enough. Jason will go back to being without an active love interest which is what SBu seems to prefer.

Sadly too much of this show is actor ego dictated rather than organic storyline.

Say, did you know that Scotty was thrown out of an airplane and Obrecht is missing?

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

As for, Leo and his potential autism. It’s a nice subject matter but would parents have no idea how withdrawn their kid is? It took Austin a day to figure it out. It looks like they are lining up a Olivia and Ned feud. I don’t think I can take LC ranting and raving everyday. I’m still trying to get over her and her visions stuff that went on way too long. 

I’m not sure they’ll be able to write it without Olivia come off as offensive. I do think they had Austin talk to Ned about it first for a reason. He’ll be the one who wants to get support for Leo and Olivia will be in denial about it. I’m don’t have faith in them doing that type of story justice unless the person writing has direct experience with it or they consulted someone. The reason Mike’s Alzheimers’ story was decently written (well before they dragged it out and ignoring most of MB’s acting choices) was one of the HWs had experience with a grandparent who had Alzheimers. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He did not ever regain all of Jason Q's memories, and he's never regretted it. Jason Q was a reindeer-sweater-wearing square, you know. Doctor, schmoctor! The life of a mob hit man is so much more personally rewarding.

When you go from do no harm to laying the tarp down.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I found both Jason Q and Jason Morgan to be boring and one-note. The only differences were that Jason Q was actually a good person while Jason Morgan isn’t but gets called one by the entire town. From what I saw of Jason Q, he was more or less the perfect one in the sea of schemers and screw-ups. While I don’t find anything appealing about Jason Morgan, I don’t know where they could have gone with Jason Q either. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I found both Jason Q and Jason Morgan to be boring and one-note. The only differences were that Jason Q was actually a good person while Jason Morgan isn’t but gets called one by the entire town. From what I saw of Jason Q, he was more or less the perfect one in the sea of schemers and screw-ups. While I don’t find anything appealing about Jason Morgan, I don’t know where they could have gone with Jason Q either. 

Well Jason Q was basically Emily. And Emily wasn't as saint-y as people made her out to be so I think with time, Jason Q could have easily been a maybe like 30% Q  and still the decent one. 

To be dead honest here. (not speaking for anyone but myself) - I loved the head accident storyline, and to a point I even loved the fact that basically - he was something to be reborn. like he couldn't remember anything about his past life and they could do anything with that.  how they decided to go total 180 and make him go from wanting to save lives to having no qualms taking them should have been ... bigger. (at least Alan called him out on that from time to time). 

What irritates me is more how people act like  the Q's were wrong because of how they acted. The person they loved basically died. twice. once in the accident and then Jason refusing to do anything with them for years. And the argument is "well because they couldn't accept him or who he was now."  I think how they all acted was realistic. I don't think a lot of people would be "Oh here's my kid, he has no memory, he's completely rebelling, but i'm cool with this."  Edward and Alan (and others rightly) called out Carly and Sonny for basically molding him into a puppet for him vs. letting Jason choose his life. I think they could have written him to be ... maybe like a Zander type player- like he's more grey, he' does more shady things (ironically more Q in nature) but he's not all "i'm just the good son of the Qs). 

what will consistently blow my mind is how everyone thinks Jason is the best thing since sliced bread. the happiest i had ever been was when Monica ripped him a new one when he came to tell her that Emily died, and that lasted until they decided to make her a drunk and hit Sam. 

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/11/2021 at 7:28 AM, sacrebleu said:

And I'm confused about who the five families are, if that meeting consisted of Mrs Woo, Novak... That third guy, and Corinthos makes four... They didn't let Cyrus in so idk who the five are.

I started to type this out but thought you can just refer to this easier. But basically, there are only four families besides Sonny/Carly/Jason. They're the fifth family, if you will. Stupid. 

https://general-hospital.fandom.com/wiki/Five_Families

13 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

While I agree that the Jason/ Carly stuff was rushed (I knew they’d screw it up), I didn’t hate it. I can believe that Jason still harbored feelings from long ago that he shut down, because he shuts down everything. Maybe the whole thing is just easier to accept if you don’t hate Carly/ LW. 

It's really kind of hard to decide at this point who I hate more - Carly or LW. Carly is obvious, but she's just gotten worse and worse over time. I have a hard time believing why anyone likes her, but that's just me. LW has become as insufferable as Carly. She has the entire show written around her. And (excuse my language) just because she's fucking Wes Ramsey we have to be subjected to the worst character in the history of the entire show? I haven't been watching nearly as long as some of you, so please enlighten me if there has been a worse main character. Who CANNOT ACT. Sorry, but I'm beyond tired of Carly and LW getting everything she wants.

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’m not sure they’ll be able to write it without Olivia come off as offensive. I do think they had Austin talk to Ned about it first for a reason. He’ll be the one who wants to get support for Leo and Olivia will be in denial about it. I’m don’t have faith in them doing that type of story justice unless the person writing has direct experience with it or they consulted someone.

I really, really hope that the blame doesn't get laid at Julian's genes. That would be very offensive to viewers (and non-viewers) who have a child on the spectrum. Like schizophrenia used to be blamed on the mother being cold or impossibly demanding (the double bind theory).

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

And speaking of Dr. Austin, can he and Brooke Lynn just get together already?The two of them would make the perfect comic snark duo, and I am already picking out the silverware patterns. More Brooke and Maxie, too, please. They play off each other well.

Unfortunately they are cousins. I run into the same issue when she shares a scene with Michael and he almost shows a flash of personality. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

It is kinda cool that Brook has a snarky rivalry with someone, but it's a) not with another woman and b) not over a man.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size