Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, he's 360 degrees of useless.

Well, yes.

But it's also because Michael is so good, the writers won't let him sully his hands with the bidness.

And he's a Mama's boy. If Carly doesn't tell him there's a problem, he's not going to notice.

• Love 4

The Carly/Brick scenes were bad.  So tired of Stephen A. Smith and his fanboy role.  But then things got worse and they had to put Laura in the mix.  Carly has some nerve (always, but still) basically guilting her into abetting this stupid plaaaaannnnnn (which is illegal, so great look for the Mayor to be participating) by saying she owes it to her as penance for Nikolas returning Cyrus's mother. 

Also, how self-absorbed does a person have to be for their parent to call and say they 'injured' themself and not ask what the injury was?  Oh, right, Joss.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's too bad the writers are insisting on tying the ankle injury to the stupid wait list. It would be more interesting if Joss had gotten in to SCU and still badly injured herself, putting her college career in jeopardy. That's where the drama is, IMO, not this stupid wait list nonsense. THAT IS COMPLETELY WRONG.

RIGHT?!
Like that would have been great (not that I would care because Joss is a entitled snot so whatever) but that's the story.

or

Joss needed to play to get into the school, then she risks everything to play

but basically saying "hi you got in you just have to be patient" and Joss basically acting like her mother thinking that if they just see how special she is she can get in (tm @Cheyanne11) and i honestly thought this might be a Canadian/American thing too but considering so many Americans are like "The hell,Joss?" clearly no one on the GH staff went to University. 

and i am supposed to feel sorry for her when she's still being a snot to Cam? girl, pls. 

lmao:
Joss: "My dad is hurt."
Trina: "Omg! what's wrong?!"
Joss: "Well he didn't say, and I didn't ask. but let's go pick him up!"

You didn't ask? That's the first thing you do when someone goes "I got hurt. " spoiled cow. 

Edited by Daisy
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, Daisy said:

lmao:

That was pretty funny, but in all fairness, I can't blame Jax for not saying anything. You know Joss would tell Carly and then all hell would break loose, with Carly blaming Jax for adding one more stress to her already overflowing bucket. She'd also blame Nina just because she could. If I were recovering from being shot in the shoulder, Carly braying at me is the last thing I'd want.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Suicidy said:

She said LCF ligament.

38 minutes ago, Blackie said:

ya no such thing, I think she flubbed her line or they are just making shit up.

No, she said ATF ligament and that’s also what showed up on my closed captioning.

UGH. Laura, just say NO! Or resign.

1 minute ago, AuxArx said:

Why are Joss and Trina going to pick Jax up?  Didn't he fly up there or something?

He can’t fly because he was just shot.

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, Daisy said:

lmao:

You didn't ask? That's the first thing you do when someone goes "I got hurt. " spoiled cow. 

THIS! My God, how selfish can you be? Your father is injured but it never occurred to you to ask how what happened or how badly he's hurt? Trina seemed more concerned than Joss did.

• Love 9
On 4/28/2021 at 1:49 PM, dubbel zout said:

None of Michael's sexual partners have seemed all that, uh, inventive. Maybe Rosalie, as she's one of the few—if the only one—who had any sort of personality.

Which reminds me how characters who seemed to have the most personality or potential on the show (out of the banal circle of mobster and mob lackeys) were also the ones Guza and RC had the least interest in writing for.

On 4/28/2021 at 6:20 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Laura's entire argument of "sure, Jason's a killer, but he does good work and this was sloppy" will never not be gross. 

Jason does "good work"? It's absurd that she even said that. There have been numerous times that people have come upon Jason either beating someone up (like Zander) or about to kill someone (like Manny). He's not some infallible robot. Jason openly admitted to Carly that Lorenzo could very well be alive during the TMK storyline despite how he was supposed to murder Alcazar (and plenty of things surrounding that assassination attempt was sloppy, including the fact that there was an eyewitness), and he repeatedly failed to kill Original Recipe Franco multiple times. JF's Franco wasn't some master assassin; his only traits were making pretentious, alleged art and what came across as homoerotic remarks to Jason that made some feel like he was a Guza self-insert. Despite what his ridiculous sycophants would have you believe he's not a messiah or a god who is incapable of making mistakes or being sloppy.

• Love 5

The look that Ava gave Cyrus after he made his passive aggressive threat against Avery could burn through steel.  Cyrus pushed too far with that one.  She should team up with Liesl instead of Carly and Laura.  Ava and Liesl would get rid of Cyrus properly.  With none of this ‘containment’ crap.

Anyone on this show that’s halfway ruthless should have seen the sense in eliminating him months ago.  

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The Carly/Brick scenes were bad.  So tired of Stephen A. Smith and his fanboy role. 

They need to stop trying to make Brick happen.  That guy has even less charisma than Michael.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I wonder if Joss will try to play on her injured ankle, injure herself so badly that she can never play again, develop an opiate addiction, and get more and more out of control in her behavior. Like Kelvin Harrison Jr.  in the recent movie Waves, but without the good acting.  

• LOL 5
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That was pretty funny, but in all fairness, I can't blame Jax for not saying anything. You know Joss would tell Carly and then all hell would break loose, with Carly blaming Jax for adding one more stress to her already overflowing bucket. She'd also blame Nina just because she could. If I were recovering from being shot in the shoulder, Carly braying at me is the last thing I'd want.

Oh for sure, I don't blame Jax for not saying - but Joss didn't even ask?  like it was so breezy like "Meh, whatever Dad hurts himself all the time."kinda thing. where as if it were my parent i would be all about the 20 questions. 

8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

THIS! My God, how selfish can you be? Your father is injured but it never occurred to you to ask how what happened or how badly he's hurt? Trina seemed more concerned than Joss did.

Joss is her mother's child and honestly, it's annoying. I already have one Carly on my screen. i don't need two.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I wonder if Joss will try to play on her injured ankle, injure herself so badly that she can never play again, develop an opiate addiction, and get more and more out of control in her behavior.

Jax and Carly will just buy her a new ankle on the black market.  

Oh, better idea!  Maybe Cam could donate one of his to get back in her good graces (you know, because he's the one being unreasonable and telling her she can't have her own opinion and still be friends with him...).  I mean, sure, he's way into soccer, but if a friend won't sacrifice for another friend--especially when that friend has Carly genes coursing thru her body--is he really a friend?

• LOL 9
11 hours ago, ciarra said:

The anvils are falling thick and fast the Britt will be dead soon.  I'd like to negotiate by axing Willow, Sasha and/or Brook-lynn and keeping Britt.

My only solace is that Britt is also in a good position to fake her own death.

• Love 5

This show is devolving into The Real Narcissists of a Fake Show a-la Real Housewives [insert city/area] with the narcissism and self-absorption of MiniShebeast.

I mean, she won't go to the championship to support her teammates, because they...expect her to play? Wench really does think everything is about her and the world revolves around her. How about just going to support your teammates like they support you, you miserable twat of human excrement? 

Trina should have flat out refused to lie and just tell Portia they were going to pick up MiniSheBeast's father.

I empathize with Cameron, I really do. But what does he think he can do? Kill Jason while he's cuffed to the bed? Beat him up? Yell in his face to confess? The huffing and hunching of shoulders looks ridiculous. Who's directing this kid?

The only scenes I enjoyed were with Nik and Alexis.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I mean, she won't go to the championship to support her teammates, because they...expect her to play? Wench really does think everything is about her and the world revolves around her. How about just going to support your teammate like they support you, you miserable twat of human excrement? 

That's what bothered me too. "I'm not going because they want me to play and we'd win." Maybe this is why she was waitlisted at SCU - they realized she had no sportsmanship/team-manship skills and want nothing to do with her. 

• Love 8

Usually the injured player has to show up to support the rest of the team unless it's physically impossible. I hope Joss's coach calls Carly and tells her Joss isn't there and, moreover, will tell all the potential college coaches about this disgusting lack of team spirit. Heh.

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Usually the injured player has to show up to support the rest of the team unless it's physically impossible. I hope Joss's coach calls Carly and tells her Joss isn't there and, moreover, will tell all the potential college coaches about this disgusting lack of team spirit. Heh.

the same.  you dress in your uniform and you do bench-stuff like take stats etc (or just wave pompoms. you just don't decide to go. 

• Love 8

Typically I enjoy Cam’s acting but lately the teeth-gritting, lip-snarling, yelling Cam is really over acting. Cool your jets, kiddo. No one takes it seriously when you’re out of control.

• Love 14

Jax, put your shirt on the injured shoulder first; that way, you won't have to painfully contort it to get into the sleeve.

Phyllis, STFU. She's really annoying me these days. The whole Nixon Falls story is annoying me. Mike isn't getting any closer to finding out he's actually Sonny, I don't care that Elijah has a sekrit evul past, and the town's problems are of no interest to me.

2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

the teeth-gritting, lip-snarling, yelling Cam is really over acting. Cool your jets, kiddo. No one takes it seriously when you’re out of control.

It's too bad the show doesn't still have an acting coach on staff. I bet a few sessions with someone like that would really help WL.

• Love 6

I know it was for plot purposes, but I find it quite hard to believe that the Tan-O, a neighborhood dive, would look really cute from the outside. And I find it harder to believe that it would be an 18-year-old's eating place of choice in a strange town. Writers, since we've already heard how Nixon Falls is foundering, a better line might have been something about having to search a bit for a place to eat, since a lot of things in the town were closed, and the only place open they'd seen was a bar called the Tan-O

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Sonny vs Elijah in a pissing contest is incredibly boring.

Why is it that Carly, Sam and anyone else can just barge into Jason's room but the guard keeps Cam out?

Why does everyone look to Carly to come up with a plan? She's stupid and her plans never work. She's also still a bitch, refusing to tell Ava her plaaaaan.

Ava, Cyrus didn't put Jason in jail. At least he did tangentially but you can't know that.

Why does Britt not have that doctor's appointment yet? How far away is that doctor?

• Love 9

Britt, girl, PLEASE stop dawdling around in Jason's hospital room and show some concern for Cyrus and your job. Why is she so blasé when she knows he's scrutinizing her? Is flirting with Jason really a higher priority than protecting her Chief of Staff position and covering her own liability in whatever this grand plan is? I will never understand how all these women turn stupid and careless to protect Jason Morgan. Dude barely talks and hardly smiles and Britt's still here, shamelessly trying to squeeze blood from a turnip.

Trina deciding to pick up a meal from the Tan-o instead of Burger King or somewhere is par for the course in Nixon Falls, where no reasonable logic exists. I'm sure Nina will run in with a butterfly net and extract Trina before Phyllis draws up adoption papers and before Sonny shows his face. Fucking hell this storyline is the pits. 

Carly accepting Ava's help without sharing the full scope of the plan with her is so damn typical. I'm fine with Ava and Laura running interference with Cyrus since they are all family but Carly's involvement dooms the whole thing. She'll take all the credit if they're successful and none of the blame if they're not. She'd also never be gracious enough to team up with Ava if it didn't benefit her agenda, so yeah, not loving this partnership and hoping it's short-lived.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Ok I really don’t know if co-ed prisons are a thing but I’m fairly certain that if they are male and female prisoners sharing the same space is not allowed.  Shawn got “special permission”?  Ugh.

Poor Liz.  One of the few women on this show who has an actual job and she’s almost being punished for it.

I’m so over all this Carly propping!  I’m so sure Ava would go to Carly to join forces in taking down Cyrus.  Nikolas is a Cassadine for gods sake, he can take that sniveling mama’s boy.  I can’t take it anymore.

And please shut it Phyllis, I’m so over her and her meddling.  She wants to meddle how about trying to figure out who the amnesiac she is enabling actually is.  She’s trying to set up Nina, a supposed friend, with some guy she knows nothing about.  I don’t need anymore characters on this show to keep track of, especially stupid ones.

• Love 10

LOL that Joss has absolutely zero reaction to seeing Nina in Jax's hospital room in Nixon Falls.

3 minutes ago, Linny said:

Trina deciding to pick up a meal from the Tan-o

I loved the look on her face when she first walked in, a combination of "what a dump" and "where is everybody?"

Good on Ava for roping Laura into the family dinner. 

4 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Nikolas is a Cassadine for gods sake, he can take that sniveling mama’s boy.

Nik's track record isn't all that inspiring. He didn't even think about Cyrus having the upper hand after getting his mother back.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I wonder if Joss will try to play on her injured ankle, injure herself so badly that she can never play again, develop an opiate addiction, and get more and more out of control in her behavior. Like Kelvin Harrison Jr.  in the recent movie Waves, but without the good acting.  

See...this is a storyline that might be interesting! Instead I fear the sum total of the “drama” is where she’ll go to college, with multiple daily nods to the actress’ real life passion.

Does Carly have a single non-toxic, functional relationship with any other female character?  I think she and Olivia did at one time, but the whole co-own/run the Metro Court thing seems to have been forgotten.

Jason is remarkably well-coiffed and clean shaven for being hospitalized and a prisoner.

• Love 4

Britt's behavior around Jason is rather high school girl crush, imo.  And yet in other scenes, like with Elizabeth today, she's more adult/mature.  I don't mind Kelly T/Britt, but am "meh" on the whole Jason/Britt as a couple vibe.  

• Love 5

Ava: Give it a rest, you  kidnapped an old lady.

Laura: Well in Carly's defense she was well cared for and happy.

What the fuck am I watching?! I hate this show.

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I feel bad for Genie Francis that this is the bullshit she's being given.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

Nikolas had a similar response to Alexis yesterday when she sounded disgusted by what Carly and Jason did. The fact that they didn’t torture the woman doesn’t make what Carly did ok. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

So kidnapping a woman is okay as long as Carly is the one who does it? WTF? I miss Laura holding Sonny and Jason accountable for being mobsters after Lucky "died", and finally acknowledging how terrible they were. I miss Laura not liking Carly, and refusing to put up with her antics. I miss Scotty hating Sonny and not pretending that Jason was anything but a killer. I miss Robert being on the opposite side from the 'bargain basement criminals.' I miss Kristina being able to note that Sonny being a mobster was not a good thing (and that was under Guza, who'd have you believe that Sonny and Jason pooped puppies and peed rainbows). I miss Michael having a personality and hating Sonny and Carly as Michael Alan Quartermaine, when he was capable of having independent thought and had a functioning brain (when he was making snarky remarks and figuring out Morgan's treachery almost instantly, whereas now he's letting his mother lead him around by the nose, speaks with a baby as if that's his only friend, and has the intellect of a rock). I miss when it seemed like Lucas might actually be a part of the show, rather than relegated to the shadows because he's a gay character on a show that only pretends to care about LGBTQ+ people when it wants a pat on the back.

So much about this show is disappointing in so many ways.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

So kidnapping a woman is okay as long as Carly is the one who does it?

Come on. We all know that if Cyrus had made a similar kidnapping, that person would have been starved, tortured, and generally mistreated. When Carly kidnaps someone, she does it with kindness and care.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Last week, before Nik authorized the raid, Martin said that he no longer sees his mother or knows where she is because if he did, Cyrus could figure it out.

Are we supposed to believe that Florence is okay with seeing neither of her sons and happy being read to by Bobbie? I can only conclude that she does have dementia because what mother would be okay with never seeing the son that she loves and who brings her hummingbird cakes for her birthday?

There is something very creepy about Carly being so proud of having kidnapped a sick old lady with dementia and keeping her hostage. And everyone from Mayor Laura being so okay with it.

Also, if kidnapping Florence is the only advantage that Carly or Jason can see having over Cyrus, they're pretty useless mobsters. There must be something else that someone can do.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Are we supposed to believe that Florence is okay with seeing neither of her sons and happy being read to by Bobbie? I can only conclude that she does have dementia because what mother would be okay with never seeing the son that she loves and who brings her hummingbird cakes for her birthday?

I don't think the show has indicated she has dementia. I don't think the show really gave it much thought about what Florence would feel about not seeing Martin. We didn't see her beyond the brief appearance to show that she liked Bobbie and that she of course was head over heels for Mr. Blue Eyes Jason. She was definitely okay with not seeing Cyrus again. We haven't seen her since so we don't know if she did start to get upset because she didn't see Martin. I'm not sure if the show ever said how often Martin visited her, so maybe she didn't miss him yet because it hadn't been that long since she's seen him. Also, it was not that she was never going to see him again. I don't think the plan was to keep her forever or for Martin to not see her forever.

23 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I'm so tired of Cyrus going around town, bullying people into being his friends/family. He started out scary, now he's just pathetic. 

To quote Leonard Hofstader's mother: "needy baby, greedy baby."

• LOL 8
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Good on Ava for roping Laura into the family dinner. 

For real.  I'm glad she improvised a bit--that whole plan was a bit too Carly-centric and considering Ava's the one who is inviting the viper into her house, she needs  some control. 

And can Carly be any more of an asshole with the threat to Ava at the end? 

In today's episode of Nixon Fails: Why Are We Here?, Mike sneers at Elijah for being a capitalist and Phyllis sings the same old verse to Jax about leaving Nina alone. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

That made me want to throw my shoe at my Tv. What the fuck is Laura even saying anymore?!  Ugh. It’s too much!

• Love 13
4 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

And please shut it Phyllis, I’m so over her and her meddling.  She wants to meddle how about trying to figure out who the amnesiac she is enabling actually is.  She’s trying to set up Nina, a supposed friend, with some guy she knows nothing about.  I don’t need anymore characters on this show to keep track of, especially stupid ones.

Nina isn't even a friend! When Phyllis and Nina first met, they were strangers! Phyllis was the nurse who gave Nelle away. And from that, Nina latched onto her as a friend when she learned Nelle was her daughter? Good Grief.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Ava seriously clapped back with "does that matter?" like crap. Kidnapped is kidnapped. Don't justify it because it "kept the peace." Don't justify it that Carly did it from the goodness of her heart. If someone kidnapped Joss and let her play volleyball to her heart's content, do you think Carly would be all "Okay that's cool?"

no. She would burn Port Charles to the ground and anyone involved with it, but this nonsense, defending Carly's actions, white washing it? geeze marie

• Love 9
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Come on. We all know that if Cyrus had made a similar kidnapping, that person would have been starved, tortured, and generally mistreated. 

Like TJ was.

I was hoping that Trina would show up at the Tan-O with the cute Road Side Assistance guy. Because that would have been cute to see. Not like the lame Trina not spotting Sonny as Nina pushes her out of the Tan-O.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's too bad the show doesn't still have an acting coach on staff. I bet a few sessions with someone like that would really help WL.

5 hours ago, ciarra said:

I thought Mo was the acting coach.

I've read Mo's book and he goes on and on about how he mentors the other actors and teaches them his method system, so they can be great like he is. So lately with Cameron, I've actually been thinking... "OMG, Mo got to William Lipton and ruined him!!!" 

So Sean stabs his roommate with a homemade shiv two days ago and today he's in the co-ed library with all his special privileges. Uh huh. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Lord MB was bad today. So very bad. Wtf with the odd inflections and over enunciating? This is the mentor to newbies?

I'm sorry, but this stuff about mentoring everybody with his so called method acting increasingly seems cult like, and that there's some level of "get with the MB program or else" vibe.  I don't know any other way that legitimately explains his dogshit acting getting promoted so much.  

• Love 3