Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

I foolishly thought Wiley would be Donna’d once the custody thing was resolved, but alas not.

Given the way Baby Michael (he'll always be The Red Menace to me) was shoved down our throats in the late '90's, I'd expect nothing less from his progeny.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

It’s the only thing (well, I guess besides the mind-blowing sex) that Willow and Michael have in common.

Every time that they had sex, they mentioned how compatible they are with each other. That doesn’t scream mind-blowing sex to me. More like they both know where each part goes and how t was not unpleasant.

• LOL 12

LOL at Carly barging into Jason's hospital room by just nodding at the guard outside. Way to keep things secure, PCPD!

More of Peter neener-neenering. He's a terrible winner. I found it amusing at first, but Peter is so one-note.

Willow, you can tell Chase you don't see a future with him. It's the kinder thing to do than give him false hope. Ugh, her justifying is gross. You can still be there for him as a friend.

Chase almost had my dream reaction to people monologuing endlessly over the poor comatose person, but Finn didn't say anything damning to everyone.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

None of Michael's sexual partners have seemed all that, uh, inventive. Maybe Rosalie, as she's one of the few—if the only one—who had any sort of personality.

I assume that Abby would have known some tricks.

Wow that was a boring episode. It should have been interesting, will Chase survive? (Michael and Willow made me snooze through it), Brook Lynn finally coming clean to Maxie so at last there is some motion in the story, Finn pulling Liz off the case instead of working with her.

Hee on Obrecht finding Scott losing it on Peter hot.

I'm really starting to dislike Willow with her "I will always love you Michael" while she's holding Chase's hand and letting him believe that they will be together forever.

Shut up, Carly, I'd really like to see an Obrecht/Cyrus showdown. And less of Britt appeasing to Carly.

• Love 11

I liked Laura and Elizabeth's talk. No scoffing at Elizabeth, no name-calling, just some understanding about how Elizabeth might have come to her conclusion. What a change from Carly, who will remind Elizabeth forever that she doubted Jason.

I like Maxie and Brook Lynn scheming together—they have a good, spiky vibe—but a baby switch and maternity shenanigans are not the right scheme.

I'm with Britt: I want to see Liesl and Cyrus face off.

39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I assume that Abby would have known some tricks.

I don't. She was a snooze, former strooker or not.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Liesl’s hair looked uncharacteristically bad today.

The Cyrus story is just tedious but he did have a point - Laura cavorts with criminals all the time, including family and close friends.  Not to mention she’s not exactly a pillar of virtue herself.  If she doesn’t want a relationship with Cyrus than that’s totally fair but she shoudn’t act like he’s just so below her standards.

I don’t remember who said it on here but the way Brooklyn talks about her faux baby so earnestly makes me think she would actually be a good mom.  Also she did keep Leo safe and I think she would guard Maxie’s baby with her life.  I am still not sure how she will be able to hold onto the stock when it inevitably comes out the baby is not Valentin’s (I guess Maxie will want her baby back at some point?) but putting that aside I think Maxie was unnecessarily bitchy.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Despite how monumentally risky Maxie and Brook Lynn's plan is, I found myself really liking their scenes today. I thought Maxie's speech today was the clearest she's been in terms of her feelings for Peter. She clung to him in place of her grief for Nathan and ignored all the warning signs because she didn't want to admit she was wrong about him, and now she has guilt for bringing a child into Peter's dysfunction. I also believe Brook Lynn does feel bad about Maxie's predicament, takes it seriously, and will protect her baby. Now we wait for one of the 500 different ways this scheme will spectacularly backfire.

How does Willow live with herself for straight-up leading Chase on? Miss me with the guise that she's giving him "hope" so he'll have strength to recover (which is such a gross sentiment as Chase certainly has more to live for than Willow's love). She's willingly letting him believe in a relationship and a future that will absolutely never exist, all while sneaking in affectionate moments with Michael. Again, I hope Chase lets her have it when he learns the truth because this is shitty.

I'd give anything for the dull Nixon Falls scenes to be replaced with scenes of Scotty and Liesl flirting and fooling around. Seriously, I cannot care about what Nina's doing when there's not a shred of evidence that she has any plan in motion. She's seemingly just rebooting her life with this tabula rasa Sonny because it feels good, and that's boring. I wanted there to be manipulation and intrigue and instead it's just a sad woman insulating herself in a fantasy bubble with an amnesiac to avoid the heartbreak of her real life. 

• Love 12

Elizabeth’s patient list today included a Donna Martin and a Peter Burns, hee.

I’m down for the Liesl/Cyrus face off. I’d also like Cyrus to DO SOMETHING instead of just smugging around town. We’ve already got Peter for that, and he’s annoying enough.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Linny said:

it's just a sad woman insulating herself in a fantasy bubble with an amnesiac to avoid the heartbreak of her real life. 

I think being away from PC is actually a good idea for Nina, but this idiocy with an amnesiac (hee) and not doing anything concrete about the heartbreak of her real life is the sad part. It's a mystery why Phyllis hasn't brought up seeing a counselor, as Nina desperately needs to talk about her anger and grief.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Lobsel Vith said:

They may simply not touch on it. Similar to Jax's rape (which Carly and Jason laughed about because Guza is terrible and so are those characters), the show never treated it as such (even though that's precisely what it is, regardless of whether the writers have the mental capacity to understand that or not).

Or when Tracy was tricked by Luke into sleeping with Coleman (during the days of Reese and Carly #3), which was also glossed over despite what it actually was.

Some of the rectons (post-RC) seem to have less to do with intentionally changing history than with the writers simply not bothering to learn that history, even when fans call it out on twitter and such.

One would think in a show that has been on the air close to sixty years that they would have set up a database by now that would track who is dead, who slept with who, genealogy, etc..  Just to avoid these sorts of errors.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Every time that they had sex, they mentioned how compatible they are with each other. That doesn’t scream mind-blowing sex to me. More like they both know where each part goes and how t was not unpleasant.

It would be far more entertaining if it cut to them after they banged.  Willow, having a perplexed look on her face, asks “that was it?”.

it would also be much more realistic.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Linny said:

Now we wait for one of the 500 different ways this scheme will spectacularly backfire.

The first one being, where do they get a stillborn baby because you know Peter will want to see his dead baby before he agrees that she's dead. Giving the baby to BL is only one part of the equation.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Ah, self-sacrificing Willow. Such a gem! Let's give Chase hope so that he can recover. And then . . . sorry, I'm in wuv with the jar of mayo over there.

Nina has dealt with nothing. She hasn't dealt with her grief over Nelle or anything to do with Nelle, really. I think her going to Florida in search of Frank Benson would have made a more compelling storyline than her and "Mike" falling in wuv. 

Shut up, Carly! I would love to see Leisl and Cyrus go head to head. Maybe that will liven up this story and him. I'm so tired of him walking around saying things and not doing anything. Why is this guy supposed to be the scariest mobster ever?

I remember when Manny came on the scene. Manny was menacing without even trying. 

The Maxie/BL scenes were good. This is why Maxie, Willow, Nina all need grief counseling. Instead Maxie latched onto Peter and will now have a child that's half rodent. Willow latched on to Damian and obsesses over him while thinking that upending cereal bowls on his head are the cutest thing evah. And Nina will be riding Mike's pogo stick before we know it. And this show will just continue to be miserable because the writers will not allow the characters to deal with their fucking issues. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's a mystery why Phyllis hasn't brought up seeing a counselor, as Nina desperately needs to talk about her anger and grief.

Phyllis wants Nina to fall in love with Mike or Elijah and stay there forever.

Honestly, I don't see a problem with Nina stepping out of her melodramatic angst-filled life (the Valentin stuff, Sasha, Nelle, and Jax's betrayal) and she certainly has the money to take some time away, like six months, to figure out what she wants to do with her life and who to trust, if only I didn't have to watch. Nixon Fails is so damn boring.

As @Linny said, give me Scott and Liesl flirting.

I liked Laura and Elizabeth's talk. No scoffing at Elizabeth, no name-calling, just some understanding about how Elizabeth might have come to her conclusion.

I tuned her out because I have no interest in hearing Laura yet again saying how good Jason and Sonny and Carly are. Especially in the same episode as she's telling Cyrus that he has to become a better person before she's willing to listen to him.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I tuned her out because I have no interest in hearing Laura yet again saying how good Jason and Sonny and Carly are. Especially in the same episode as she's telling Cyrus that he has to become a better person before she's willing to listen to him.

the show is making me hate Laura and i hate the show for it

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's a mystery why Phyllis hasn't brought up seeing a counselor, as Nina desperately needs to talk about her anger and grief.

Phyllis wants Nina to fall in love with Mike or Elijah and stay there forever.

These aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. 

Poor Nina. Her romantic choices in Nixon Falls aren't any better than in Port Charles. Actually, poor every woman in Port Charles. I think Laura has the only decent guy there in Kevin. Felicia has Mac, but we rarely see either of them.

21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I have no interest in hearing Laura yet again saying how good Jason and Sonny and Carly are. Especially in the same episode as she's telling Cyrus that he has to become a better person before she's willing to listen to him.

We all know Cyrus is OMG TEH EVUL because he deals drugs. That automatically puts him way below the mobster saints that are Sonny and Jason.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Laura's entire argument of "sure, Jason's a killer, but he does good work and this was sloppy" will never not be gross. 

Willow's stink face when Michael said Jax asked him to consider letting Nina see Wylie made me want to slap her.  She's starting to act just like Carly in regard to the ownership level she's got over her kid(s).  And Michael saying that Carly would play nice if they decided to allow it?  Lord. 

Speaking of, unintentionally funny line of the day goes to Jax for saying it's Michael's decision about Nina seeing Wylie and Carly has nothing to do with it.  Sure, Jax, sure.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Speaking of, unintentionally funny line of the day goes to Jax for saying it's Michael's decision about Nina seeing Wylie and Carly has nothing to do with it.  Sure, Jax, sure.

The writers are trying to gaslight us into believing that Michael is his own man. He has a kid and will have regular sex now. He's an adult, damn it! His mommy isn't domineering and doesn't make his decisions for him and she certainly doesn't fight his battles for him.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Ah, self-sacrificing Willow. Such a gem! Let's give Chase hope so that he can recover. 

I felt the scene was supposed to show how self-sacrificing Michael is, with bringing Willow dinner and giving her a pep talk about why she's doing this. She practically swooned over how "sweet" he is. Her emphasizing her love to Michael made me wonder if she's going to be torn by feelings for Chase as she spends so much time at his bedside.

3 hours ago, Linny said:

Despite how monumentally risky Maxie and Brook Lynn's plan is, I found myself really liking their scenes today. I thought Maxie's speech today was the clearest she's been in terms of her feelings for Peter. She clung to him in place of her grief for Nathan and ignored all the warning signs because she didn't want to admit she was wrong about him, and now she has guilt for bringing a child into Peter's dysfunction. I also believe Brook Lynn does feel bad about Maxie's predicament, takes it seriously, and will protect her baby. Now we wait for one of the 500 different ways this scheme will spectacularly backfire.

How does Willow live with herself for straight-up leading Chase on? 

instead it's just a sad woman insulating herself in a fantasy bubble with an amnesiac to avoid the heartbreak of her real life. 

A) Yes. In my opinion that's the best acting from KStorms in however many months. I felt Maxie's pain, regret, and fear. It was good to see her get honest with herself. I also got the impression BL is now taking Maxie's situation very seriously.

B) Because Michael showed up and gave her a pep talk, so she's convinced she's doing the right thing.

C) That's exactly what I got out of Nina's explanation to Jax.  So...she just intends to hide in Nixon Falls indefinitely to avoid dealing with reality and let Jax, her boss, decide what to do about her job/the magazine? Nina doesn't have a home, job, or anything  else there. She is staying at the bar, having this older couple to lean on as she's "healing," getting a tour from a guy she doesn't know, and hanging out with an amnesiac she knows from her Port Charles life.

28 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The writers are trying to gaslight us into believing that Michael is his own man. 

Yup.  But also, as the father of one of Carly's kids, Jax will never acknowledge that his former stepson he helped raise for some years, is a dysfunctional adult because that is an indirect criticism of parenting and his daughter's mother.

I also liked Britt flat out telling Jason she can make decisions for herself. (She's not Sam.)

I thought the Laura-Elizabeth scene was well done; I didn't see it as Laura trying to say Jason is a good guy.  But Laura doesn't know that Jason is not always level headed. I remember when he wanted to murder Dante, for example.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I felt the scene was supposed to show how self-sacrificing Michael is, with bringing Willow dinner and giving her a pep talk about why she's doing this. She practically swooned over how "sweet" he is. Her emphasizing her love to Michael made me wonder if she's going to be torn by feelings for Chase as she spends so much time at his bedside.

I agree that the scene was supposed to show how wonderful Michael is, telling Willow how important it is that she continues to fake feelings for Chase even though she's so in love with Michael himself.

But I don't see her torn at all between the two men which would be a better story. All I see is Willow wanting to help Chase but with no feelings for him any more just as Michael no longer has them for Sasha. She wants Chase to get better so that she can get back to Michael.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Poor Nina. Her romantic choices in Nixon Falls aren't any better than in Port Charles. Actually, poor every woman in Port Charles. I think Laura has the only decent guy there in Kevin. Felicia has Mac, but we rarely see either of them.

There is Chase, just rejected by Willow. And Gregory, just rejected by Jackie. Great guys, good gene pool, but the women prefer other men. Finn will end up with Anna or Liz.

There's also Robert if Jackie isn't going to snap him up.

• Love 2
On 4/22/2021 at 3:33 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh My God, that had me rolling! 🤣🤣🤣 To clarify, your description of Jaysus' "boo boos".

Thanks for the laugh.

You're welcome.  Seriously, her reaction to his scraped knuckles was ridiculous! I'm also incredulous that after seeing Jason's knuckles and being oh so worried about him, she decides to have Shawn stab him to "protect/save him" from Cyrus. Given that Shawn is a lousy shot with a gun and knows nothing about anatomy, that stabbing could have been fatal. Carly's just really lucky in this case that her plaannn didn't go horribly wrong.

19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But I don't see her torn at all between the two men which would be a better story. All I see is Willow wanting to help Chase but with no feelings for him any more just as Michael no longer has them for Sasha. She wants Chase to get better so that she can get back to Michael.

Not torn right now. GH tends to put an emphasis on the present and people's feelings when they're about to make the opposite happen. That's why I wonder if Willow will start to fall in love with Chase again as she spends more time by his bed side. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Not torn right now. GH tends to put an emphasis on the present and people's feelings when they're about to make the opposite happen. That's why I wonder if Willow will start to fall in love with Chase again as she spends more time by his bed side. 

Not if he still thinks they're married. 

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Laura's entire argument of "sure, Jason's a killer, but he does good work and this was sloppy" will never not be gross. 

That's everyone's argument, to be fair. And while it's gross, it's not wrong.

And Michael saying that Carly would play nice if they decided to allow it? 

That totally cracked me up. Does he not know his mother at all? She'll be making snippy comments about it every chance she gets.

Does Jax not know his ex-wife at all? 

• LOL 3

Finn is SUCH a hypocritical ASSHOLE. I was hoping Chase would have forgotten that he could be Finn’s son, but I can’t have nice things.🤬🤬🤬

And while I wasn’t invested in Chase and Willow when they were together, I did believe they were very much in love. I HATE that Show is having her look at Chase as if he disgusts her, when she’s not talking about Wiley, and he’s not seizing.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Heinrik just needs to DIE.

I hope Jason gets injured WORSE and the SHEBEAST’s plaaaaaaan fails spectacularly in her face. Too bad he and Sam are broken up-what I wouldn’t give to have her haul back and bitchslap the Cujo like she did years ago. And I hate this Show for making me type that.

• Love 4

I loved how Genie Francis did her flinch scene with Cyrus. She is literally giving him the time of day but is still scared to death of him. I just think she’s amazing. Maybe, I’m overstating it but she is soooo good. IMO!!!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

You're welcome.  Seriously, her reaction to his scraped knuckles was ridiculous! I'm also incredulous that after seeing Jason's knuckles and being oh so worried about him, she decides to have Shawn stab him to "protect/save him" from Cyrus. Given that Shawn is a lousy shot with a gun and knows nothing about anatomy, that stabbing could have been fatal. Carly's just really lucky in this case that her plaannn didn't go horribly wrong.

In the same way, she married Michael for Wylie's sake and started to spend all that time with him as his wife, I believe the same will happen in reverse. Willow will spend all her time with Chase who will have several bouts of almost dying where she will remember how much in love she was with him.

Maxie, none of BLQ's plans ever work. Please remember that.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Chanandler said:

I’d also like Cyrus to DO SOMETHING instead of just smugging around town.

Don't have much to add, except - does anyone else think Cyrus's first word as a child was "mama?"

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • LOL 5
On 4/28/2021 at 1:03 AM, mbluecpa said:

Picky comment of the day: the prop red wine they’ve used the last couple of episodes is not even close to realistic.

I’m not even a wine person - and yet I was staring at that, wondering which variety of red was as bright as cranberry juice.

I’m finding Cyrus even more annoying than Peter nowadays.  He whined incessantly about his mama, and now that he has her back he switched to whining about not being closer to his sister.  Dumbass, YOU are the common denominator!  People don’t wanna hang with you - not because of your criminal activities, but because you are a boring, giant baby 🍼 👶 

Edited by Kiki777
Because spelling matters
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

In the same way, she married Michael for Wylie's sake and started to spend all that time with him as his wife, I believe the same will happen in reverse. Willow will spend all her time with Chase who will have several bouts of almost dying where she will remember how much in love she was with him.

I don't believe that will happen with the way the actress is playing it. Like I posted up thread, when Chase isn't seizing, or dropping things, whenever Willow looks at him, she looks like she's disgusted. Not even empathy or pity. Whoever is directing her is doing a lousy job.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Maxie, none of BLQ's plans ever work. Please remember that.

1. Here's hoping, but that would mean Michael loses, and I doubt that will happen. He and Willow will have some angst, but in the end, she'll be with her jar of mayo.

2. None of Maxie's plans work, either. She and BL are doomed, not that that's any sort of surprise. Still, I'm kind of curious to see how this story shakes out. I can't say that about too many of them.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

None of Maxie's plans work, either. She and BL are doomed, not that that's any sort of surprise. Still, I'm kind of curious to see how this story shakes out. I can't say that about too many of them.

Me, too.

And, honestly, I was surprised Maxie took so long to agree.  I mean, I get it: she hates BL.  However, time is a-ticking and exactly where did she think a caretaker for her baby was going to come from?  The devil you know, and all that.

• Love 1

Heinrik’s smug crowing about winning is also stoopid. Valentin and Anna didn’t lose. They gave into his blackmail-they had sort of won. Well, I suppose victory by blackmail/withholding antidote is winning. But that won’t stop Scotty or Obrecht from saying he’s guilty of murder.

And it’s such a joke that he thinks he’s better than Valentin or Faison. Valentin is holding back, otherwise Heinrik would be dead already. And if he loses, he’ll turn into a mewling, whining, begging sad sack of a manboy asshole.

• Love 1

Oh my gosh JOsslyn, shut up already.  That school probably heard all about her and waitlisted her to get rid of her.  Although I am a wee bit interested in her and Trina showing up in Nixon Falls if it means somebody other than Nina finds the idiot there.  

I love Nikolas.  I love Marcus Coloma but Nik's entire dialogue to both Ava and Alexis, with the throwing around the weight, of 'Cyrus doesn't know what i'm capable of' really bothers me.  He comes across as this little boy, playing a big boys game and not realizing that Cyrus won't be playing by any rules.  Having said that, just how bad is Cyrus siince he spent the past two months doing nothing but beg people to find his mother.  

I'm also annoyed that Ava, runs over to Carly's to beg help for Avery's sake.  The Ava that showed up in town all those years ago, would have heard Cyrus' veiled threat about Avery, waited til his back was turned and shot him in the head.  Where is that Ava?  

Scotty and Liesl:  Who knew i'd want that?!!  Loved Britt getting all squicked out that the two are doing things together.  Liesl's whole, 'im a woman with needs', (paraphrasing) and getting all touchy with Scotty were hilarious.  

So Carly's plan is to have Laura distract Cyrus while Brick, Spin and Britt help Jason escape.  Nothing can go wrong with that.  

• Love 6

Did Portia say Joss had a tear in her ACF ligament? Because that makes no sense, maybe it was my hearing.  Also Portia doesn't understand patient confidentiality, well no one does at GH ......  

Was Britt trying to flirt with the staff guy in her office?  She definitely has been the star of the show lately. If I had the option of hanging our with Jason or going scuba diving on the Great Barrier reef, I know which option I would choose.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Thank you show for giving me Ava/Nik/Alexis, Liesl and Scott, and yes, though I hate to say it, Britt and Jason today. Then you kept switching back to Carly, pathetic Carly Jr. and Sam. Ugh.

Joss apparently is too stupid to understand what "waitlisted" means. Why would any college take her? And way to keep her in Port Charles, just when I hoped that she was finally leaving.

19 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm also annoyed that Ava, runs over to Carly's to beg help for Avery's sake.  The Ava that showed up in town all those years ago, would have heard Cyrus' veiled threat about Avery, waited til his back was turned and shot him in the head.  Where is that Ava?  

Apparently everyone now has to bow down to Carly, from Anna to Ava to Laura. If you step back and look at it, Jason is much safer in Pentonville where he can take care of himself but now he and a bunch of other people, including his kids and Britt, are going to be in danger because Carly is too weak to take care of herself and her family even with all those guards.

Speaking of Laura, she's all pro good guys Carly/Sonny/Jason, but appalled at Scott keeping company with Liesl? Get your priorities straight.

9 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Did Portia say Joss had a tear in her ACF ligament?

I double checked on that because I thought I heard ACL and that didn't make sense. It's the anterior talofibular ligament, the most commonly injured ligament in the ankle. One of the few times this show gets the medicine right.

15 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Don't have much to add, except - does anyone else think Cyrus's first word as a child was "mama?"

Strangely, all this makes sense in a psychological kind of way. Cyrus was the "bad" child (possibly because of some neurological condition) while Martin was the "good" one. He gets into trouble as a teen and whether by accident or not, causes his father's death. His mother blames him and never forgives him, refusing to see him ever again no matter how much he tries to reach out to her or help her. For Cyrus, attachment to his mother and other family members is the golden prize that he spends his life trying to acquire.

• Love 2

Good grief, Sam. If Danny can handle seeing his father in the PCPD jail, I don't think Jason being handcuffed to a hospital bed is going to traumatize him.

LOL at Laura talking to Liesl. "Mayhem" is a very tactful way to describe her terrorizing.

"Is it foolproof?" Well, Brick, a fool set up the plan, so I'd say that was a no.

It was slightly unnerving to see Jason flirting with Britt.

Wait, Nik and Spencer are still at odds? I thought they put that behind them to team up to do [whatever].

Alexis's manicure is still pristine, heh. As are her highlights.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I double checked on that because I thought I heard ACL and that didn't make sense. It's the anterior talofibular ligament, the most commonly injured ligament in the ankle. One of the few times this show gets the medicine right.

That would be right if she said ATL  but it should actually be ATFL, I thought I heard ACF and  thought ACL at first too, that isn't in the ankle as you said.

Am I supposed to believe that Pentonville is so dangerous that not even a roided up hitman can protect himself and Carly MUST get him out, but that Pentonville is also not so dangerous for Alexis that Nikolas would want to get HER out?

Is...is that what they're selling?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

Am I supposed to believe that Pentonville is so dangerous that not even a roided up hitman can protect himself and Carly MUST get him out, but that Pentonville is also not so dangerous for Alexis that Nikolas would want to get HER out?

Cyrus is the link here: He wants to get rid of Jason, but thanks to the deal he made with Nik, Alexis is safe for the moment. 

Jason is the savvy mob hit man, and Alexis is the weak, helpless woman.

Also, Carly is bonkers.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

That's what Carly is selling.

The truth (as I see it) is that Carly is so helpless that now with Sonny and Jason gone, she needs Jason out of Pentonville to handle things for her and tell her what to do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Did Portia say Joss had a tear in her ACF ligament? Because that makes no sense, maybe it was my hearing.  Also Portia doesn't understand patient confidentiality, well no one does at GH ......  

Was Britt trying to flirt with the staff guy in her office?  She definitely has been the star of the show lately. If I had the option of hanging our with Jason or going scuba diving on the Great Barrier reef, I know which option I would choose.

She said LCF ligament.

Cyrus is the link here: He wants to get rid of Jason, but thanks to the deal he made with Nik, Alexis is safe for the moment. 

Also, Carly is bonkers.

But had Nik not made the deal, Alexis would not be safe. So how is Nik protecting Alexis somehow less important than Carly protecting Jason?

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The truth (as I see it) is that Carly is so helpless that now with Sonny and Jason gone, she needs Jason out of Pentonville to handle things for her and tell her what to do.

I'm legit somewhat surprised Michael hasn't forced his way into the bidness while Jason is in Pentonville. I know Michael has his hands full with [...], and Jason told Michael to stay out of it, but you'd think seeing his mother falling apart would move him to do something.

Ugh, he's 360 degrees of useless.

7 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

Also, Carly is bonkers.

But had Nik not made the deal, Alexis would not be safe. So how is Nik protecting Alexis somehow less important than Carly protecting Jason?

It's not about Pentonville per se, it's about Cyrus's influence there. I never said Nik protecting Alexis was less important than Carly protecting Jason. If anything it's the reverse. Jason doesn't need (or want) Carly's help. Sadly, Alexis needs protection because Carly idiotically kidnapped Florence, and set in motion all sorts of unintended consequences. (All that aside, I still think it was a pretty baller move. Galactically stupid, but at least she tried to do something to keep Cyrus in check. Sonny and Jason just waited around and crossed their fingers.)

I will say i had a compound fracture (basically my ligament ripped from my ankle bone) and it was the most painful thing in the world - the ER doctor basically said it would have been better had I actually broken my ankle - anything involving the ligament is months months of rehab - i still have issues with it almost 2-3 years later.  - and my fracture was 8 weeks minimum to heal

So. yeah, Joss needing a minimum of 4 to rest something that's just about to tear seems about right. However if i'm supposed to feel sorry for that stupid idiot, nope. You have nothing to prove to Southern Costal, Josslyn. THEY WANTED YOU. YOU WERE JUST WAITLISTED BECAUSE THEIR SLOTS WERE FULL. God. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm legit somewhat surprised Michael hasn't forced his way into the bidness while Jason is in Pentonville. I know Michael has his hands full with [...], and Jason told Michael to stay out of it, but you'd think seeing his mother falling apart would move him to do something.

Ugh, he's 360 degrees of useless.

Ah, but you're forgetting the SLS might lose Willow to Chase--he had the audacity to get poisoned and is/isn't dying, so he needs to ensure that Willow will stick with him. If he tries to take o'er da bidnez, he can't be stalking constantly showing up at the hospital to make sure she still wuvs him.

• LOL 1
8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

You have nothing to prove to Southern Costal, Josslyn. THEY WANTED YOU. YOU WERE JUST WAITLISTED BECAUSE THEIR SLOTS WERE FULL. God. 

She thinks they were going to see her tear it up at the volleyball tournament and be like "ZOMG!  WE NEED THIS GIRL ON OUR TEAM NOW!!"  Because of course she does.  She inherited her mother's delusional/I'm so great/I get whatever I want gene.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ah, but you're forgetting the SLS might lose Willow to Chase--he had the audacity to get poisoned and is/isn't dying, so he needs to ensure that Willow will stick with him. If he tries to take o'er da bidnez, he can't be stalking constantly showing up at the hospital to make sure she still wuvs him.

As if. Willow will find Michael stepping in to be doing what's best for his family, which includes [...]. For some completely inexplicable reason, Michael seems to be able to do no wrong in Willow's eyes.

All the more reason for [...] to die. 

5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:
14 minutes ago, Daisy said:

You have nothing to prove to Southern Costal, Josslyn. THEY WANTED YOU. YOU WERE JUST WAITLISTED BECAUSE THEIR SLOTS WERE FULL. God. 

She thinks they were going to see her tear it up at the volleyball tournament and be like "ZOMG!  WE NEED THIS GIRL ON OUR TEAM NOW!!"  Because of course she does.  She inherited her mother's delusional/I'm so great/I get whatever I want gene.

It's too bad the writers are insisting on tying the ankle injury to the stupid wait list. It would be more interesting if Joss had gotten in to SCU and still badly injured herself, putting her college career in jeopardy. That's where the drama is, IMO, not this stupid wait list nonsense. THAT IS COMPLETELY WRONG.

Edited by dubbel zout
multiple rephrasing and such
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1