Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Olivia, butt the fuck out of everybody's lives. What other people do is none of your business. Today is definitely Exhibit A for why she shouldn't be with Robert Scorpio. He doesn't need this nonsense.

Olivia talking about Brook Lynn using her child as a bargaining chip puts me into a rage blackout, considering what she did with Leo against Julian. So glad Dante mentioned Sonny, though that is more forgivable, given her age and that particular situation.

Maxie didn't grudge-fuck Peter the way Olivia did Julian. Julian was never a threat to her or Leo in the way Peter is to Maxie. 

SHUT UP, OLIVIA.

Poor Jax, thinking that with Sonny gone Joss is out of danger. Uh, her mother is actively working to get Cyrus out of the way, and given that she will never give up Jason, danger will always be an issue in Joss's life. 

Peter's pissy passive-aggressiveness toward Anna was pretty funny.

and the thing is - yah Brook Lyn is using the "baby" as a bargaining chip but i mean. use your brain here. Valentine flat out said he would go to war to have access/rights to the "baby." Brook Lyn is making the "best" of a situation here - an easy to work with Valentine, and she (and her family) gets what she wants which is control over ELQ again. And this way there is no messy custody battles, no real drama , and i mean as we've seen when Valentine is amiable, he's actually really nice to be around which is great for everyone involved. 

I mean it could be worse. (if there were a real baby i mean) - i mean Brook Lyn could lie about the child being Valentine's, and then have the child grow up, work for him, and not say anything until Valentine shot the child in the chest because he wanted to arrest him for the cold blooded murdering criminal he is. Right, Olivia?

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wish that they would stop putting Wylie into the middle of everything.

God, YES. It's so tiresome. I know they want to hammer us with Willow's guilt about not telling Chase she's back with Michael, but constantly referencing [...] is not the way to do it.

9 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Based on the one sided phone conversation today with Tracy, does it seem as though BL told her there is no real baby or did I misunderstand that?

That's how I took the conversation. 

4 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Yeah I’m thinking that’s what will happen in the short run but eventually it will come out that the baby is Maxie’s so.....Brookie REALLY hasn’t thought this through.

Given how easily Valentin gave up the proxies/shares, I doubt he'll really care. I think the bigger issue will be the con, not losing control of ELQ. I'd love it if he'd congratulate BL on a game well played (for the most part) instead of trying to get revenge. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Given how easily Valentin gave up the proxies/shares, I doubt he'll really care. I think the bigger issue will be the con, not losing control of ELQ. I'd love it if he'd congratulate BL on a game well played (for the most part) instead of trying to get revenge. 

He might, if he weren't already emotionally bonded with this baby. Someone like Ned might hand wave it, Edward certainly would, but I'm not sure about Valentin. He wouldn't try to get revenge for losing the ELQ shares but he might that she tricked him into thinking that he has another child when he doesn't.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He might, if he weren't already emotionally bonded with this baby. Someone like Ned might hand wave it, Edward certainly would, but I'm not sure about Valentin. He wouldn't try to get revenge for losing the ELQ shares but he might that she tricked him into thinking that he has another child when he doesn't.

He could very well say the agreement was null and void, since there never was a baby and that's what his giving up/returning her ELQ shares were based on. He's got Marty on his side.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

So the ground is being laid for practically everyone and their brother to be either involved in or aware of the upcoming BL-Maxie baby shenanigans. Olivia will be the key link since she is now aware of Maxie wanting to protect her baby from Peter. And it seems that BL will eventually spill the fake baby scam to Olivia just to get her off her back, or Olivia will figure it out on her own soon. Then Dante will probably get roped in as Olivia is pushing him towards Maxie. BL has already spilled to Tracy and Lord Larry. With Olivia involved, Ned and Robert (and then Anna) will soon know the secret. Maybe Michael will also know since he lives in the same house. Maybe Britt will ultimately confide the secret to Jason. Eventually everyone in town will know except for Peter and Valentin. The poor loser in the end will be Valentin because, as was stated previously, he is already attached to this baby and it will be taken away from him. 

• Love 4

The Nixon Falls (nod to Agnes Nixon?) story might have been better if it were a summer story line. It is kind of nice to have something happening outside of PC, especially in the summer. I'm on board for something like that in the summer, just different. Also, the Nixon Falls story would be better if it was just better written. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Holeeee Crap! I was all set to go off on Maxie while watching today, but she became a reasonable person after Anna told her that Heinrik had poisoned Chase. Seems she’s forgiven Anna?

The Show had to just delve into the worst tropes ever: not telling the person who is sick what is wrong with them! Finn hemming and hawing just pissed me off.

Poor Chase. He looked terrible and now he thinks he and Willow are married.

So. Looks like Nina is working on some plaaaan? And now will do everything she can to prevent Jax from seeing that Mooby is in fact, alive. The maroon.

Add me to list of SHUT UP, Olivia! And MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! I did enjoy Dante bringing up Mooby. And I guess Show has decided to pretend that Brookie and Dante grew up together and that she agreed to rape Dante so SheBeast would give her the money she wanted for her career.

I 🤣😂😂😂😂🤣🤣 at Tracy hanging up on her and Lord Ashton pretending to be deaf!😂🤣🤣🤣

• Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It’s actually a pretty cold blooded thing to do to someone.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He could very well say the agreement was null and void, since there never was a baby and that's what his giving up/returning her ELQ shares were based on. He's got Marty on his side.

In the real world it would definitely be considered fraud, and at a minimum, void the contract.  Then causing the shares to revert back to Valentin.

But this is GH, so who the Hell knows?  They definitely aren’t using the American judicial system from the real world.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

And yes it does seem Brooklyn spilled her guts to Granny Tracy.  Granny hung up on her.  Heh.

I really can't imagine a world where Tracy would want to be called "Granny." Probably being called Granny and then being asked for help was too much -- and that's why Tracy hung up.

😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Rebecca Herst did look lovely. But as the Frizzies are pointing out, since Franco died and Liz mourned him, the only thing that she's had to do it console her sons and listen to Finn. Killing Franco did nothing to give Elizabeth her own storyline.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

I wouldn’t say Valentin is very emotionally bonded to the baby at this moment. I mean, he only found out BL was pregnant when she came back to town a month or two ago, ninety-nine months along. If he found out tomorrow that the whole thing was a scam, he’d be disappointed and a little angry, maybe, but not devastated. The really hurtful part is going to start once the baby actually arrives and he starts bonding with her as his kid.

I wonder if Jax’s little speech today about how much better off PC is without Sonny means that even if Sonny does manage to barge into his hospital room or reveal himself in some other way, Nina will be able to convince him to keep quiet about it. For PC’s sake - for Joss’s sake (although dream on, Jax, if you think Joss will be able to have a normal life with Carly and her emotional-support robot around) I mean, I can hear the indignant shrieking from Joss and Carly from here if he does go that route, but hey, there’s room for two under the “You Knew Sonny Was Alive and Didn’t Say Anything” bus.

46 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Rebecca Herbst's hair looked especially lovely today. And she looked especially beautiful today.

It looked a little crunchy in her first scene to me, but then it went back to being great again. Something about the curls today made me flashback to her years ago. So very pretty.

Although I was like Liz, honey, I get that you want to chat to a friend about your problems, but maybe don’t bring them up while he’s busy trying to save his brother/son who’s actively dying at this moment. 

21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Rebecca Herst did look lovely. But as the Frizzies are pointing out, since Franco died and Liz mourned him, the only thing that she's had to do it console her sons and listen to Finn. Killing Franco did nothing to give her her own storyline.

It hasn’t been that long since Franco’s death; they haven’t even wrapped up his murder yet. I’m willing to give the show a little more time to give Liz something else to do. The possibility of new Webbers on the horizon gives me hope. But I’m biased because I hated Franco, so.

Edited by Chanandler
  • Love 2

I often work on toxin antidotes without wearing rubber gloves.  Too bad there were none nearby.  A hospital. 

Mike seems to be aware that in his past life, he had a sense of entitlement, where he could just wander off during business hours without saying a word, as if he were the one in charge.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I felt the Jax's dialogue regarding the peace in Port Charles, due to Sonny not being around was really forced.  It was solely done to sway Nina in keeping his being alive a secret......just terrible!  We know that Jax is well aware that the peace is being maintained in Port Charles is due to the fact Cyrus's mother was being held hostage by Jason.  They just continue to insult our intelligence.  That being said, my hope is that after this silly story line is over, that Nixon Falls gets nuked off of the face of the planet and we never have to revisit it ever again!

Can anyone remember an episode that featured either Willow or Michael, that the name Wiley hasn't been mentioned?  My God, they just continue to ram that kid down our throats.  I wish Nelle would have taken him with her over the edge of that damn cliff!!

• Love 9

So, I guess Anna is going to keep telling people, one by one, about Peter's evil doings. First Finn, now Maxie. You know she's gonna spill to Jason eventually. Pretty soon half of PC will know, but poor Chase will still be lying in the hospital, not knowing what's wrong with him. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

So, I guess Anna is going to keep telling people, one by one, about Peter's evil doings. First Finn, now Maxie. You know she's gonna spill to Jason eventually. Pretty soon half of PC will know, but poor Chase will still be lying in the hospital, not knowing what's wrong with him. 

Anna did tell Jason that Heinrik has her over a barrel last week. But she didn't tell him that he'd poisoned Chase. So she asked him to tell the SheBeast to back off. Which, of course, she didn't and put in action her great plaaaan to have Shawn, the inept mob hitman, stab Jason.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, BlueMax said:

I felt the Jax's dialogue regarding the peace in Port Charles, due to Sonny not being around was really forced.  It was solely done to sway Nina in keeping his being alive a secret......just terrible!  We know that Jax is well aware that the peace is being maintained in Port Charles is due to the fact Cyrus's mother was being held hostage by Jason.  They just continue to insult our intelligence.  That being said, my hope is that after this silly story line is over, that Nixon Falls gets nuked off of the face of the planet and we never have to revisit it ever again!

More propping of their own plot.  Nina was going to tell Carly but the SheBeast lit into Nina, justifying Nina not telling her.  Now we have the further idea that PC is peaceful justifying it.  Maybe that's why it sounds forced.  

We know Nina will go under the bus for keeping Sonny from his grandchild - though "Mike" would not know him.  Soaps always have someone mouthing lines like that as if the amnesia doesn't matter.

13 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

We know Nina will go under the bus for keeping Sonny from his grandchild - though "Mike" would not know him.

Not so. Wylie will upend a bowl of cereal on top of "Mike's" head prompting him to remember his life as Sonny. Wylie, the miracle child, healer of all.

All hail Satan.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Chanandler said:

. . . Carly and her emotional-support robot . . .

1 million likes for this line!!!! 😂

11 hours ago, ciarra said:

I often work on toxin antidotes without wearing rubber gloves.  Too bad there were none nearby.  A hospital. 

And when I'm working with small samples of materials of unknown origin and composition and I need to have an accurate analysis of said material in order to save someone's life, I always have a cup of coffee near the samples. And I make sure that cup of coffee doesn't have a lid on it. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

It is really too bad that BLQ is lent really pregnant. It would have totally dethroned Wiley as the only baby/toddler in the house.

I am wondering.... does Lois know about this scam her daughter is running?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I am wondering.... does Lois know about this scam her daughter is running?

No. The last time we saw her talking with Lois, Lois was asking her if she was taking care of herself, taking the pre-natal vitamins, etc. And Brookie was shrugging it all off, and telling Lois not to nag her (okay, not those exact words, but lying to her mother that she was taking care of herself and the "baby"), so Lois is also in the dark.

40 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

so Lois is also in the dark.

Which is so un-Lois-like.  She was the original buttinsky and I cannot imagine BL staying with her and Lois not finding out.  But...writers gonna write...stupid shit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Which is so un-Lois-like.  She was the original buttinsky and I cannot imagine BL staying with her and Lois not finding out.  But...writers gonna write...stupid shit.

Exactly. I miss when this show used to be good at writing hospital stuff (still remember the panic/tension when Grant was bitten by a scorpion and Lesley lost her shit because the antidote given to her at first was for the black widow spider or something. But it was so awesome). 

Frank is just a lazy as fuck showrunner, and the writers aren't any better.

• Love 7

Kudos to JS for Chase's seizure. It looked very realistic.

Did they write Finn as Chase's father to up the stakes during this poisoning story? Unnecessary for me, I think that he would have been just as upset for his brother as for his son. 

Alexis and Valentin is everything. And then they flip to Nixon Fails and Sam/Dante. Even Alexis and Sam at Pentonville is a loss.

I'm so tired of Peter sleazing around town. Why doesn't Valentin at least in private call him on being a horrible human being?

I think that the last scene would have been better if the last shot had been Brook Lynn lifting up her shirt to show her fake belly. We all know that's where this is going.

• Love 6

Love your new avatar, @GHScorpiosRule!

Why are they writing Alexis as so timid about having visitors?

You know, Olivia, Maxie talking to Nathan like he's still alive isn't that much different from you talking to God like he can hear you. Shut up, stop judging, and butt out of her life!

Oh, look, Sam is back. Whee.

Peter is a hilariously bad winner.

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Did they write Finn as Chase's father to up the stakes during this poisoning story? Unnecessary for me, I think that he would have been just as upset for his brother as for his son. 

The story of Finn being Chase's father is unnecessary for me. Nothing has changed.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Love your new avatar, @GHScorpiosRule!

Thanks! That's Ralphie, my grand-nephew fur-baby! I'll be seeing him in July!

Ahem.

See? Y'all jinxed it when you were talking how Sam hadn't been on and wasn't missed!

Can someone kidnap Leo? Maybe that will give Olivia something to fucking do and butt out of everyone's business.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 4/22/2021 at 3:58 PM, dubbel zout said:

I love how Phyllis keeps talking about how Nina is an adult and yet acts as gatekeeper, barely allowing Nina her own decision on whether to talk to Jax or not.

Yup. The gatekeeper mode was on display today too. UGH.

On 4/22/2021 at 6:14 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

The lecture to Jax was really over the top.  And you can't tell me a large part of this protectiveness doesn't have to do with her pushing Nina at Mike.

Yup, she flat out told Jax today that Nina is happy there. She then told Sonny/"Mike" that she thinks Nina is done with Jax, which leaves her future open, and then "Mike" beamed at her and they left together, satisfied that Nina is staying in Nixon Falls with them. 
Me: Hey Phyllis, Nina doesn't live there. She has a job and family members in Port Charles.  Also, Mike doesn't live there and you, a medical professional, seem perfectly happy for him to never remember his real life.

On 4/22/2021 at 6:44 PM, Kiki777 said:

Seriously is Nina gonna be dashing back and forth keeping Jax and Sonny apart like it’s a rerun of Three’s Company? Shenanigans at the Barn Dance!

She did the dashing back and forth in the hospital too - so that "Mike" and Jax wouldn't meet. Apparently she thinks she knows what she's doing.

On 4/22/2021 at 10:42 PM, TeeVee329 said:

So is Olivia now going to be the connecting tissue between Maxie and Brook instead of Britt?

Britt will be on tomorrow, according to the preview. I'm sure Olivia will be in the mix for this storyline too.

On 4/23/2021 at 11:55 AM, ByaNose said:

I was trying to figure why Olivia would be going to see Nathan but then realized she was there to see Sonny. 

She told Dante she saw Maxie at Nathan's grave when she was going to put flowers on Mike's grave.

On 4/23/2021 at 4:31 PM, statsgirl said:

Nice to see Jason get angry at Carly for being so stupid

Yeah, I'd like a gif of Carly's childish pouty face when Jason was scolding her.

On 4/23/2021 at 6:57 PM, Suicidy said:

Yeah, I get the impression that TJ and Molly are both supposed to be insufferably ‘woke’. 

I think they're just being used because they are a) the only interracial couple on the show right now and b) they're the only professional and intelligent young couple of this show.

On 4/23/2021 at 9:24 PM, Tenshinhan said:

TJ was pointing out how the criminal justice system treats Blacks and other non-Whites unfairly by highlighting the differences between Shawn's prosecution and Alexis's.  He didn't like that Molly wanted to be a part of that.

Yes, the Show clearly wants to demonstrate current political/societal awareness with TJ and Molly. The problem is, talk about wrong examples of prosecution.  Shawn is a black man who worked for a known Mob boss and is guilty of attempted pre-meditated murder.  Alexis is a white woman who was drunk, grabbed a full syringe she found and stuck someone in the chest with it.  These two crimes are not remotely comparable, for TJ to be complaining about the criminal justice system.  

On 4/24/2021 at 9:31 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

In fact, I think it's an issue that would come up with an interracial couple like TJ and Molly -- that she'd be naturally a little more naive about the system being easily changeable than TJ would be.

I think it's more that she's naive about the impact she can have due to her studies, intelligence, and passion. She's grown up watching her mother the lawyer and so naturally that's her inspiration.  TJ mother has only been police commissioner for what, a few years now? She was an undercover cop before, which means TJ knew nothing about her work.  Thomas, the father who raised TJ, was never in jail and I think did not work in criminal justice either. I think the scene was sloppily written because it seemed like TJ's entire experience with inequality for blacks in the criminal justice system was about Shawn, that he's never had a black cousin, friend, classmate, etc. who had poor treatment by The System.

On 4/25/2021 at 11:44 PM, driver18 said:

Actually, I wonder (and hope) they are chem-testing Dante and Brooklyn.

I HOPE NOT!!! Brooklyn drugged Dante and tried to rape him in their past as "friends" when Carly paid her to break up Lulu and Dante. (I don't care that another actress was playing BL at the time and I don't care that Carly was/is Dante's stepmother.) It should be just as unacceptable to chem test them for a romance now if Dante had been the attempted rapist. 

23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Olivia, butt the fuck out of everybody's lives. What other people do is none of your business. 

I thought the same thing today when she parked herself across from Dante with a bottle of wine and asked what's going on between him and Sam. Olivia, dear, if you need a distraction, how about you go find Ned and make a decision about your marriage, which is your business?

19 hours ago, rur said:

I really can't imagine a world where Tracy would want to be called "Granny." Probably being called Granny and then being asked for help was too much -- and that's why Tracy hung up.

😉

BL has called Tracy "Granny" before in person, and Tracy insisted her name is Tracy. She doesn't respond to Granny.

I liked watching Willow squirm today when Anna said re: Chase "you really love him."  I laughed at the "WTF?? You're delusional!!" look that flashed across Maxie's face when Peter talked about them having more kids.  

Valentin was really going overboard about the Davis Coven, in trying to lift up Alexis. I almost laughed, because in no universe would either Sam or Kristina have "intelligent and charming" listed as personality characteristics.

I also laughed at Sam talking to Dante about her cat poo illness and learning to trust herself again, without even a vague reference to Drew or Scout. Dante didn't even react to Sam recalling that she shot Sonny, which is also funny.

I like seeing Finn and Elizabeth working together as professionals, in addition to leaning on each other as friends for support.  Reminds me a little of the friendship she used to have with Patrick.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The story of Finn being Chase's father is unnecessary for me. Nothing has changed.

No it didn't. But where are his parents? Willow is sitting there by Chase, counting the minutes she can go back to her obnoxious kid.

Another day at Nixon Fails, another day of watching this nonsense storyline drag and drag. I feel like life is being drained from me whenever those idiots come on my screen. Even a game of solitaire isn't enough to stop me from rolling my eyes.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I HOPE NOT!!! Brooklyn drugged Dante and tried to rape him in their past as "friends" when Carly paid her to break up Lulu and Dante. (I don't care that another actress was playing BL at the time and I don't care that Carly was/is Dante's stepmother.) It should be just as unacceptable to chem test them for a romance now if Dante had been the attempted rapist. 

I posted the same exact thing last night. Or was it this morning? Can't recall, but I did say Frank would probably retcon that out, as he and his hack writers tend to retcon crap on a daily basis.

12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I posted the same exact thing last night. Or was it this morning? Can't recall, but I did say Frank would probably retcon that out, as he and his hack writers tend to retcon crap on a daily basis.

They may simply not touch on it. Similar to Jax's rape (which Carly and Jason laughed about because Guza is terrible and so are those characters), the show never treated it as such (even though that's precisely what it is, regardless of whether the writers have the mental capacity to understand that or not).

Or when Tracy was tricked by Luke into sleeping with Coleman (during the days of Reese and Carly #3), which was also glossed over despite what it actually was.

Some of the rectons (post-RC) seem to have less to do with intentionally changing history than with the writers simply not bothering to learn that history, even when fans call it out on twitter and such.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Valentin was really going overboard about the Davis Coven, in trying to lift up Alexis. I almost laughed, because in no universe would either Sam or Kristina have "intelligent and charming" listed as personality characteristics.

I also laughed at Sam talking to Dante about her cat poo illness and learning to trust herself again, without even a vague reference to Drew or Scout. Dante didn't even react to Sam recalling that she shot Sonny, which is also funny.

yes all the scenes were WTF?

19 hours ago, ciarra said:

then I put on gloves and touch someone else's hands and then she put her hands to her face.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Hater said:

Sam and Dante were mind numbing today.

The cure for insomnia couple, for sure.  I blame KeMo more, because that monotone drone of hers sucks any energy DZ might bring to the scenes (and he's not dynamic, but compared to her he definitely is).

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I don't think Chase's parents are around b/c the story isn't really about Chase. In my opinion, Chase is being used - right now - for Millow angst, Willow guilt, and some Fanna angst.  Even if they didn't want the actors on set, you'd think Finn or someone would mention Gregory/Jackie being in the cafeteria or on their way back to the hospital. Chase was/is dying! He doesn't have food poisoning. His body was shutting down today! You'd think his parents would be nearby, but b/c his sickness isn't really about him, his parents aren't there. 

That's my guess anyway. 

I thought the show did a good job yesterday w/showing Chase looking perky and then looking really ill. I wonder how long this antidote will last. I'm assuming not long. I don't see the writers freeing Chase from propping Millow just yet.  

ETA: I think the dream scenario of Sam/Dante worked, but it's not working in show reality. I am still happy KeMo is out of her Jason/SB sphere. It must be nice to act w/other ppl for a change, but they should probably try to pair her w/someone else. Maybe RoHo when he returns. I don't know. I'm really against two low energy ppl being together unless the chemistry is off the charts. They both need ppl w/more pep, or Sam could bring more oomph to her scenes w/him. 

Edited by lala2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

I don't think Chase's parents are around b/c the story isn't really about Chase. In my opinion, Chase is being used - right now - for Millow angst, Willow guilt, and some Fanna angst.  Even if they didn't want the actors on set, you'd think Finn or someone would mention Gregory/Jackie being in the cafeteria or on their way back to the hospital. Chase was/is dying! He doesn't have food poisoning. His body was shutting down today! You'd think his parents would be nearby, but b/c his sickness isn't really about him, his parents aren't there. 

That's my guess anyway. 

I thought the show did a good job yesterday w/showing Chase looking perky and then looking really ill. I wonder how long this antidote will last. I'm assuming not long. I don't see the writers freeing Chase from propping Millow just yet.  

ETA: I think the dream scenario of Sam/Dante worked, but it's not working in show reality. I am still happy KeMo is out of her Jason/SB sphere. It must be nice to act w/other ppl for a change, but they should probably try to pair her w/someone else. Maybe RoHo when he returns. I don't know. I'm really against two low energy ppl being together unless the chemistry is off the charts. They both need ppl w/more pep, or Sam could bring more oomph to her scenes w/him. 

I always like Kelly Monaco with Michael Easton. Maybe, again.....in a soft voice.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

DZ can show energy, charisma and wit, in the right situations. He has been crushed by his story lines every since that stupid ass trip to Turkey to find Raj. I'm also not buying that he has not been glued to Lulu's side these last couple months. Except for Laura mentioning that she visited a couple times, it is seriously like her loved ones shipped her off and forgot about her. Maxie spends more time visiting Nathan's headstone than she does visiting Lulu.

• Love 13
On 4/26/2021 at 2:13 PM, dubbel zout said:

Wiley pouring a bowl of cereal over his head isn't adorable, Willow. It's something you need to nip in the bud. 

The line that caught my attention was just before that, when she told Chase that she and Wiley had a “tickle fuss”. What the holy hell is a tickle fuss??

8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She should have told him about the time she gave birth through her pants. Now, that’s some inspirational stuff.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, BlueMax said:

Can anyone remember an episode that featured either Willow or Michael, that the name Wiley hasn't been mentioned?  My God, they just continue to ram that kid down our throats.

I surely can’t.  I foolishly thought Wiley would be Donna’d once the custody thing was resolved, but alas not.  It’s the only thing (well, I guess besides the mind-blowing sex) that Willow and Michael have in common.

9 hours ago, Hater said:

Sam and Dante were mind numbing today.

I kept searching for the point of the scenes, as they were mostly there to rehash history - I guess maybe the brief hand holding/flirtation?  My mind kept drifting off to things like Sam falling down the ravine and my wondering if wardrobe has ever put KeMo in sleeves shorter than her knuckles.

7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Another day at Nixon Fails, another day of watching this nonsense storyline drag and drag. I feel like life is being drained from me whenever those idiots come on my screen. Even a game of solitaire isn't enough to stop me from rolling my eyes.

I think it’s extra bad because of the fake-out with Jax being there but not blowing the storyline up or turning it in a new direction (somehow conspiring with Nina to keep Mike/Sonny away) - seems to foretell weeks more of it.  Related, today was the first time I didn’t think Mike was Sonny with gray hair; I’m hoping that MB was somehow portraying him differently and that Mike isn’t growing on me.

I feel like the writers are headed to an Elizabeth/Finn friendship or romance, but boy I saw her give a couple of looks and hoped she was going to threaten to turn him in for (a) treating his own son with (b) an unknown substance.

Picky comment of the day: the prop red wine they’ve used the last couple of episodes is not even close to realistic.

9 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

They retconned/changed the cat poo story. Sam wasn't worried that Sonny was going to hurt her or kill her, she was worried that Sonny and his lifestyle were going to take Drew away and end up hurting her kids.

Of course Wiley dumped his cereal all over his head. What a privilege flex. Meanwhile, in economically depressed Nixon Falls, children his age go days without a bowl of cereal, and when they try to hold a charitable event, it gets robbed by bandits. Do the writers think this pampered little asshole is likable? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

The line that caught my attention was just before that, when she told Chase that she and Wiley had a “tickle fuss”. What the holy hell is a tickle fuss??

It was “tickle fest” but GOD, is Show annoying me more so by having her mention Wiley in every other sentence. It’s like she had NO life outside of him. Except when she’s boinking Eeyore/SLS. Which is gross in and of itself.

I’m also so sick and tired of Heinrik’s moustache twirling walkabouts. It’s getting beyond tedious now. I hope Anna does kill him. Or put him in a coma. The way she told him he won, showed she was at the end of her rope.

I also want Robert back at the WSB and I want him to take Heinrik out! If he can be a DA, then he can kick Frisco’s ass and take over as Director!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

It’s the only thing (well, I guess besides the mind-blowing sex) that Willow and Michael have in common.

That sentence is just so wrong.

9 hours ago, LexieLily said:

They retconned/changed the cat poo story. Sam wasn't worried that Sonny was going to hurt her or kill her, she was worried that Sonny and his lifestyle were going to take Drew away and end up hurting her kids.

Which is why she went straight back to Jason when Drew offered her an alternative in Aurora. <eyeroll>

Maybe that's why she hated wearing those skirts at Aurora so much, she was afraid that she wouldn't be given another opportunity to give birth through her pants.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, lala2 said:

Even if they didn't want the actors on set, you'd think Finn or someone would mention Gregory/Jackie being in the cafeteria or on their way back to the hospital.

The show is TERRIBLE with this sort of thing. We don't need a lengthy explanation where Gregory and Jackie are, just to know they're somewhere close. 

12 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I apologize for being one of the people who commented on KeMo’s absence- should have known it could turn into a Beetlejuice-type situation 😮 

I originally brought it up. Mea maxima culpa!

10 hours ago, mbluecpa said:
On 4/27/2021 at 1:34 AM, BlueMax said:

Can anyone remember an episode that featured either Willow or Michael, that the name Wiley hasn't been mentioned?  My God, they just continue to ram that kid down our throats.

I surely can’t.

Even when Michael or Willow isn't on, [...] gets mentioned. Jax said his name to Nina yesterday. Gah.

• Love 1