Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Brooke Lyn's wearing her 18 months pregnant belly and only now wonders "where am I going to get a baby?"  Lucky for her, one will be coming available soon.

I think her plan was to get the signature and then say the baby died at birth.  Of course, if I was Valentine, not only would I wait for baby to be born, but a non-GH DNA test to be performed.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Chanandler said:

Jax’s zombie point to Sonny

That's exactly what it was, hee. And of course Sonny doesn't see it, though given his complete uninterest with figuring out who he is, I don't know why I expected anything else. 

17 hours ago, BlueMax said:

I don't even think the writers know what to do with the Nixon Falls storyline.  Seriously, what would be the endgame to this nonsense that would satisfy in the most casual of viewers?

I'd accept it being all a dream of Sonny's. He was pushed over the bridge and fell, and he was in a coma in a hospital but wasn't ever IDed for [reasons; I don't need them spelled out] until he woke up and could say who he was. 

It's a complete mess, and once again the writers have gotten themselves into a corner. Sonny will blame everyone else for not trying harder to find him (of course it's not his fault he did nothing!), Carly will cry grateful tears, Jason will blink, Port Charles will rejoice its mob boss is back and will take care of Cyrus (snerk). Meanwhile, Nina becomes the new town goat because of knowing who Sonny was and not telling anyone, and she has to sue Michael to see [ugh]. The PC court system being what it is, she loses until Jax once again intervenes privately with Michael.

Edited by dubbel zout
belated autocorrect correction
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, ffwbe said:

The judge dismissed Alexis’ attempted murder charge which I’m assuming is what Shawn pled guilty to.

I thought gun crimes carried a heavier sentence in the U.S.? 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Britt wasn't there in a doctor capacity though, unless Jason's about to pass a human through his peepee hole.

She is the medical director of the hospital so she's got a justification to check up on a patient brought in from Pentonville.  But really she went in to report on the death from overdose of Cyrus' drug, something she and Jason were looking into together in secret. Carly knew nothing about it and it's none of Carly's business anyway.

• Love 9

It's jealousy that Jason dares to pay attention to another woman. I kind of enjoy her insecurity about Britt, who's smart, devious, and clearly in cahoots with Jason about something.

Britt is no pushover, and she won't just ignore Carly the way some other women do (a totally legit way to deal with her). The only way Carly can deal is if she's a complete infant.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's jealousy that Jason dares to pay attention to another woman.

I'm surprised she didn't drop trou and piss on Jason's leg to mark her territory.

But, yeah, it is amusing that any woman is immediately seen by Carly as a threat to her place in Jason's life.  She's never happy when he's in a relationship because it takes some of his time away from her--even though he she constantly tests that by crying that she needs him to see how fast he comes running.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

It is funny how Carly thinks she can steamroll Britt and Brit (and, Jason) aren’t having any of it. I will say the show is doing a great job keeping Sam being out of Jason’s orbit. He has his hands full with Carly & Britt as it is. I guess they are going ahead with keeping them apart for the foreseeable future. Now, if Jason should marry Britt that would make Carly’s head explode. Too funny! 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Yeah, I get the impression that TJ and Molly are both supposed to be insufferably ‘woke’.  I’m hoping they never pursue that aspect of their personas actively.

I thought it's funny because the writers have been incompetent enough with Molly she comes across pretty good as the 'Woke' Privileged White Girl.  Like a few years ago when she talked about how she and TJ love watching the Kentucky Derby (which also aired on ABC) despite documented cruelty in horse racing.

Another proof is the fact that she thinks she can get in and change things but fails to acknowledge that systems are self-perpetuating and the best she can do is mitigate some of the injustices she's fighting against, until or even if she even gets to the point where she can effect any kind of change.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

What if Shawn was a little off in his precision shivving  or, I don't know, severs an artery or guts his bowel or something?? 

It's the Borg.  The worst Shawn could do is short something out.  source.gif

• LOL 18

Sure Carly cares about town safety. I mean that includes her family.  The Nik thing is stupid bc NIk knows better than what he's doing. He's being impulsive.  Can someone else be mayor please ?? I mean who would of thought Laura to be a good mayor anyway?? Has she ever worked? ever?? any fucking public service work at all?? does she even have a degree? Let me guess nursing, which is a great job and certainly hero's work but that's not Laura. She's a professional outlaw last I checked. Anyway she needs to help some folks out like Sean, Jason, and Alexis since she has direct jurisdiction over Penitentiaries.

But Folks I sought out some like minded friends to vent over this fucking insane plan of Nina's. What the bloody hell?? What is her plan? Where is the writing going with this? A Sonny/Nina love story? Like NOOO. And what is supposed to be going on within her head? How does this work in her head? I thought the Sonny thing was for him to take some time off but it's just not good an a waste, a way to bring in Eli maybe? The rest of the town isn't GH cannon now. Back to Nina. What does she think happens when Sonny's memory comes back and she's with him? People forget because he's The Man, and nice, but he's also a stone cold killer and best friends that are too. Not to mention a wife that is just looking for an excuse to beat her down and keep her away from Wyzzle (Wilee). believe me that is on tap for her if she doesn't take him home. Where??? she can be a fricken hero and in his favor, plus access to Wyzzle.  Instead we just have this insane plot that can only be called delusional at best. I mean why Nina? why?? Am I the only one thinking this ?

On 4/23/2021 at 6:57 PM, Suicidy said:

Yeah, I get the impression that TJ and Molly are both supposed to be insufferably ‘woke’.  I’m hoping they never pursue that aspect of their personas actively.

I don't think it's insufferably woke. In fact, I think it's an issue that would come up with an interracial couple like TJ and Molly -- that she'd be naturally a little more naive about the system being easily changeable than TJ would be.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

We haven't seen Sam in a while, and I haven't missed her at all.

😂 until you pointed it out, I hadn’t even realized that Sam hasn’t been on the show for awhile.

• Love 7
On 4/23/2021 at 4:31 PM, statsgirl said:

I wasn't watching at the time. Why did Shawn plead guilty to shooting Hayden if he didn't?

Shawn tried to kill Jake (Jason 2.0 who became Drew Cain) at the time, but he missed (as always) and one of Nik's assassins shot Hayden (unbeknownst to him). So he was engaged in an attempted murder, he was simply far too incompetent to pull it off (as usual).

In one of the most ridiculous scenes on the show, Shawn also acted like he did such a great thing when he was on trial, acting like staying true to the mob was a great thing when talking with TJ, which was such an ugly look on the character (any potential with him was wasted to make him into a mob lackey). TJ followed that up by staying with Sonny (and this was after Pod Duke tried to kill Jordan).

On 4/23/2021 at 6:57 PM, Suicidy said:

I don't get how the show can try that when they're both mob apologists, first and foremost. The show's idea of 'woke' is giving Sonny or Jason a tongue bath rather than any genuine social justice activism (from TJ being arrested for being black so that Sonny could come to the rescue to a cult endangering people so that Jason could come to the rescue, this show repeatedly fails properly addressing any actual issues to instead prop the morally bankrupt members of the mob).

On 4/23/2021 at 9:24 PM, Tenshinhan said:

TJ was pointing out how the criminal justice system treats Blacks and other non-Whites unfairly by highlighting the differences between Shawn's prosecution and Alexis's.  He didn't like that Molly wanted to be a part of that.

While I'm completely onboard with such stories (generally speaking), TJ pointing out that a mob hitman was arrested isn't quite the parallel that works to bring across such a story. Shawn being an inept hitman doesn't change that he tried to murder a woman simply because he was following orders, and it makes TJ's position ring hollow when that's his issue, rather than addressing actual victims of color who suffer unfairly because of the justice system.

On 4/23/2021 at 9:24 PM, Tenshinhan said:

Actually I think it would be interesting if TJ took issue with his mother being a cop, and have the story explore the significance of being Black in law enforcement and the conflict that comes with it.

Which could, hypothetically, work on a show that would also allow him to hate the mob considering they engage in activities that actively harm and kill innocent people, but no one is allowed to do that.

Edited by Lobsel Vith
  • Love 12

I like a lot of GH right now, but the writing around the Corinthos family is starting to become a big problem for me.  I feel like I'm being gaslit.  Nicholas was the only one who is doing the right thing.  And he's right that Cyrus is a problem for law enforcement.  Instead you have the psychopath, Carly, shrieking that she has to hold his elderly mother hostage in order to save the town.  And then the Mayor goes along with this and starts shrieking at her son.  I never thought Laura could be ruined for me but this is doing it.

They need to get rid of LW, sorry.  She brings nothing to this role, she's a shrieking banshee and I can't take it anymore.  MB also needs to go.  And the characters are ridiculous.  Two psychopaths in a throuple with a hitman who is, you guessed it, also a psychopath. 

They don't have a countervailing force.  They need a character that is the True North.  This glorification of psychos isn't working.  

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 24
On 4/22/2021 at 4:31 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Jason will never die. Neither will Sonny, Carly or Michael for that matter. Joss too, she will never die.

Like the cockroaches they are.  Wish they would all vanish from my screen.  Cam can have Trina (yay) and maybe Epiphany, Felix, Amy and her brother can have story lines.  You know, about the hospital? General Hospital? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

I like a lot of GH right now, but the writing around the Corinthos family is starting to become a big problem for me.  I feel like I'm being gaslit.  Nicholas was the only one who is doing the right thing.  And he's right that Cyrus is a problem for law enforcement.  Instead you have the psychopath, Carly, shrieking that she has to hold his elderly mother hostage in order to save the town.  And then the Mayor goes along with this and starts shrieking at her son.  I never thought Laura could be ruined for me but this is doing it.

They need to get rid of LW, sorry.  She brings nothing to this role, she's a shrieking banshee and I can't take it anymore.  MB also needs to go.  And the characters are ridiculous.  Two psychopaths in a throuple with a hitman who is, you guessed it, also a psychopath. 

They don't have a countervailing force.  They need a character that is the True North.  This glorification of psychos isn't working.  

This is where I'm mostly at. I genuinely really like GH overall. I think the show is mostly firing on all cylinders. The storyline, acting, writing is good. Except for Sonny and Carly. I differ in that I actually like Jason (I know, I know -- the whole saintly hitman thing is UTTERLY ridiculous, but dangit, I do think that Steve Burton is a good actor and has chemistry with several actors). Replace Michael -- who I do think is a psychopath with frankly no redeeming value -- for Jason and I'm there.  Joss is quickly beginning to enter that territory for me too. The Corinthii (and ironically neither Michael or Joss are Corinthii, but let's be real.... they are, they both are) are just so horrifically awful.

AND THEY CAN NEVER LOSE. Even when they are so clearly egregiously wrong. I hate them all so much.

• Love 4
On 4/24/2021 at 9:12 AM, ByaNose said:

I will say I’m amazed how long they kept MB away from LW & SB. I’m guessing MB thought this might a great storyline for him until it wasn’t. He probably told FV to wrap this mother f’ing Nixon Falls crap up & quick. LOL!!!

Judging by his social media, MB loves the story. Think it’s a case of the actor enjoying playing something new versus it being a big story. He has also had this obsessive desire for Sonny to be seen as a good guy and hero so this SL was probably done to placate him while getting him out of the way so LW could have her dream mob queen storyline. I think both of their stories are terrible btw and neither seem to be well received. 

Jason hasn’t been convicted of Franco’s murder, correct? He was only being held without bail pending the trial. The show will probably ignore it but breaking out gives him additional charge which could lead to jail time even if the existing charges are dropped. Though it’s obvious that Carly had no long term plan since it didn’t sound like she wanted him to run because he would be away from her and I’m not sure how Jason being in a hospital run by Cyrus is much better than a prison ruled by him. 

• Love 5
On 4/24/2021 at 10:12 AM, absnow54 said:

It would be a soapy bookend to Jason catching Carly and Sonny in bed all those years ago, and I bet Laura Wright is salivating for that kind of story, but Jason/SB has been pretty adamant that he’s done with Carly. It’s probably the more interesting story path for them to take over Jason/Britt, but the chemistry between SB and KT is worlds better. 

Very true, though they might ignore chemistry as they often do for the idea that Sonny regains his memory and has to return to such a state of affairs.  When someone loses their memory, their SO often ends up with someone else so they can have a triangle.  Maybe Jax will get roped in again.  

23 hours ago, Katy M said:

I think her plan was to get the signature and then say the baby died at birth.  Of course, if I was Valentine, not only would I wait for baby to be born, but a non-GH DNA test to be performed.

At least for once the baby switch will be known to the parent (Maxie).  And the parent conniving in it.  Thanks show for at least making a variation on the usual plot.  

• Love 1

So Molly is going to be the next character extorted by Cyrus? I really don't like where this seems to be headed. 

Oddly enough, I'm okay with Nina developing a soft spot for Sonny. At least it kinda makes sense? She's seeing the "nice" guy he could have been,  which is slightly better than the way women usually melt under the power of the dimples. (yuck) Of course, it helps that I don't really like Nina. 🙂 She and Valentine drove me away from GH when they first debuted. 

1 hour ago, tessaray said:

So Molly is going to be the next character extorted by Cyrus? I really don't like where this seems to be headed. 

Oddly enough, I'm okay with Nina developing a soft spot for Sonny. At least it kinda makes sense? She's seeing the "nice" guy he could have been,  which is slightly better than the way women usually melt under the power of the dimples. (yuck) Of course, it helps that I don't really like Nina. 🙂 She and Valentine drove me away from GH when they first debuted. 

Do you hate Nina more or less with Cynthia Watros playing her?

15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

She's 24ish -- she's going to be naive about just about everything especially in thinking that she can save the world on her own. Joan of Arc was 19 when she saved France.

Molly has always been a romantic. This is very in-character for her. I do wish TJ was more supportive of her choice. He didn't have to instantly dump on it. 

3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Judging by his social media, MB loves the story. Think it’s a case of the actor enjoying playing something new versus it being a big story.

I don't think MB is really playing something new; rather, it's a more tamped-down version of Sonny. Just because he's now working in a bar doesn't mean he isn't still an asshole. The biggest difference between Mike and Sonny for me is the wardrobe.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, tessaray said:

That comes across like they have no real idea what to do with Cyrus. When Lorenzo came on the scene he messed with Sonny (and intentionally excluded the non-mob folks who played a role in his older brother Luis' death, like Alexis), and that shifted into caring about Carly. He interacted with others, and developed a friendship with Dillion, who he saw as a little brother. When Manny was on the scene he was a more traditional foe, having no real lines that he wouldn't cross. In contrast, Cyrus kind of seems to meander around. There are so many crooked people in Port Charles, why is he trying to extort people to work for him when he could easily get people to work for him?

53 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Molly has always been a romantic. This is very in-character for her. I do wish TJ was more supportive of her choice. He didn't have to instantly dump on it. 

True, Molly is a romantic. And the issue is TJ criticizes her choice while propping the mob - like pretending that Alexis' actions are comparable to Shawn trying to carry out a hit on a man who was innocent. The show's unwillingness to genuinely delve into those social issues without using them as a lazy means of propping (as TR put it so aptly years ago) bargain basement criminals.

56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think MB is really playing something new; rather, it's a more tamped-down version of Sonny. Just because he's now working in a bar doesn't mean he isn't still an asshole. The biggest difference between Mike and Sonny for me is the wardrobe.

MB's grasp on how his character actually comes across in reality vs. how he thinks the character comes across leaves a lot to be desired.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Lobsel Vith said:

In one of the most ridiculous scenes on the show, Shawn also acted like he did such a great thing when he was on trial, acting like staying true to the mob was a great thing when talking with TJ, which was such an ugly look on the character (any potential with him was wasted to make him into a mob lackey). TJ followed that up by staying with Sonny (and this was after Pod Duke tried to kill Jordan).

Well that explains why TJ is opposed to Molly being on the side of the law in the DA's office, seeing how close he is to Shawn (eyeroll).

ETA:

MB's grasp on how his character actually comes across in reality vs. how he thinks the character comes across leaves a lot to be desired.

I get the feeling that MB believes that Sonny really is a tough guy who can put fear into everyone because he's so menacing. 😂😂😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, tessaray said:
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Do you hate Nina more or less with Cynthia Watros playing her?

A bit less. Not a Stafford fan, for sure.

CW's Nina is definitely calmer, but sometimes I miss MS's crazy-pants version.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

CW's Nina is definitely calmer, but sometimes I miss MS's crazy-pants version.

Yeah, I was all in for CW playing Nina because I thought she’d bring the crazy Annie Dutton (GL) with her. Then the writers down played all of that when CW joined GH. Even now when she found out that Nelle was her daughter she hasn’t really delivered the crazy. Maybe, CW is trying play against it even with the writing allowing it. MS did do the crazy well but her mugging in peoples faces (she did that on Y&R, too) drove me nuts. Back up and stay out of peoples lighting Stafford. LOL!!!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Suicidy said:

With Jason and Alexis in the clink, she doesn’t have much else to do.

Kelly Monaco hasn’t been on the back burner like this......ever. It looked like the show was going into a Sam & Dante pairing but it looks they’ve backed off on that. In fact, DZ has been on air way more than KM has. Like, I’ve said before the show is really keeping her & Steve Burton apart. Neither Sam or Jason don’t  seem to be pining for each other at all. It’s actually kind of strange after all these years. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Kelly Monaco hasn’t been on the back burner like this......ever. It looked like the show was going into a Sam & Dante pairing but it looks they’ve backed off on that. In fact, DZ has been on air way more than KM has. Like, I’ve said before the show is really keeping her & Steve Burton apart. Neither Sam or Jason don’t  seem to be pining for each other at all. It’s actually kind of strange after all these years. 

Actually, I wonder (and hope) they are chem-testing Dante and Brooklyn. I really do not think that Amanda Setton and Josh Swickard have a LICK of romantic/sexual chemistry. They are about as sibling-chemistry as one can possibly get. I do not get anything even remotely chemical off of those two at all. On the other hand, in the two recent batch of scenes (just a few (in the Quartermaine foyer, and in Chase's hospital room), between Dante and Brooklyn, I was vibing on those two. That was some of the best sparkly sparks I've seen between two actors interacting newly on the show in a while.

I know, I know, Ned is Brooklyn's dad, Olivia is Dante's mom, but dear Lord, just dunzo Ned and Olivia, put Olivia with Robert -- more SPARKS! and voila! we're good!

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Actually, I wonder (and hope) they are chem-testing Dante and Brooklyn. I really do not think that Amanda Setton and Josh Swickard have a LICK of romantic/sexual chemistry. They are about as sibling-chemistry as one can possibly get. I do not get anything even remotely chemical off of those two at all. On the other hand, in the two recent batch of scenes (just a few (in the Quartermaine foyer, and in Chase's hospital room), between Dante and Brooklyn, I was vibing on those two. That was some of the best sparkly sparks I've seen between two actors interacting newly on the show in a while.

I know, I know, Ned is Brooklyn's dad, Olivia is Dante's mom, but dear Lord, just dunzo Ned and Olivia, put Olivia with Robert -- more SPARKS! and voila! we're good!

It’s funny but for a brief moment I had to think and remember if Dante & Brook Lynn were related. LOL!!!

14 hours ago, driver18 said:

That’s ok, non-biological adult step-siblings can get involved. It’s not like they grew up as brother and sister. And on a show where practically everyone is related in one way or another, it’s about as distant as you’re gonna get. It could also make for some interesting family dynamics.

As for Robert and Olivia... I’m torn. He makes her more watchable, but she puts a buzz kill on everything she touches. I don’t totally hate the idea, and I’m all for giving Robert a new love interest, but I think he deserves better.

• Love 3

"Who says that Jax will want me back?" Seriously, Nina? He flew up to see you knowing you were mad at him. Stop wallowing.

Wiley pouring a bowl of cereal over his head isn't adorable, Willow. It's something you need to nip in the bud. Why don't you actual parent your child, instead of indulging him?

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wiley pouring a bowl of cereal over his head isn't adorable, Willow. It's something you need to nip in the bud. Why don't you actual parent your child, instead of indulging him?

Good Grief. Next, I expect to hear how cute and adorbs it was for Wiley to dunk his head in his bowl of cereal!🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wiley pouring a bowl of cereal over his head isn't adorable, Willow. It's something you need to nip in the bud.

Wait til he takes a dump in the pool and she proclaims him "darling."

• LOL 9
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wiley pouring a bowl of cereal over his head isn't adorable, Willow.

No. It really isn't. Don't the writers have children or nieces and nephews where they can choose something actually cute and write it in for Wylie? As it stands, Wylie sounds like a total brat when the kids who play him look like two nice and well-behaved children.

So that toxin is eating Chase's brain, then. 

I wish Olivia would go away. Stop butting into people's business.

I like how BL keeps saying that she loves her baby with so much sincerity that it feels like she forgets she's not actually pregnant.

About Kelly, they seem to have dropped whatever storyline with her and Britt trying to protect Maxie from Peter in that elevator meeting they had. And color me shocked that Sam didn't visit Jason in Pentonville at all.

Nixon Fail. The less said, the better. It's just so so very bad.

• Love 7

Olivia, butt the fuck out of everybody's lives. What other people do is none of your business. Today is definitely Exhibit A for why she shouldn't be with Robert Scorpio. He doesn't need this nonsense.

Olivia talking about Brook Lynn using her child as a bargaining chip puts me into a rage blackout, considering what she did with Leo against Julian. So glad Dante mentioned Sonny, though that is more forgivable, given her age and that particular situation.

Maxie didn't grudge-fuck Peter the way Olivia did Julian. Julian was never a threat to her or Leo in the way Peter is to Maxie. 

SHUT UP, OLIVIA.

Poor Jax, thinking that with Sonny gone Joss is out of danger. Uh, her mother is actively working to get Cyrus out of the way, and given that she will never give up Jason, danger will always be an issue in Joss's life. 

Peter's pissy passive-aggressiveness toward Anna was pretty funny.

• Love 4

Dear God must Willow mention Wiley in every single sentence?  Plus if I were Chase I would be pretty annoyed at being compared to a toddler when I am dealing with a serious medical condition.

I am so confused as to why Valentin offered to give back the ELQ shares.  I mean he will have access to the baby regardless.  Was it just a good will gesture?  Also, won’t he just be able to snatch them when it comes out there really is no baby on the grounds that this is fraud??  This story makes no sense.

On 4/25/2021 at 1:14 AM, Lobsel Vith said:

Shawn tried to kill Jake (Jason 2.0 who became Drew Cain) at the time, but he missed (as always) and one of Nik's assassins shot Hayden (unbeknownst to him). So he was engaged in an attempted murder, he was simply far too incompetent to pull it off (as usual).

In one of the most ridiculous scenes on the show, Shawn also acted like he did such a great thing when he was on trial, acting like staying true to the mob was a great thing when talking with TJ, which was such an ugly look on the character (any potential with him was wasted to make him into a mob lackey).

So he took the wrap for shooting Hayden to cover up that Sonny wanted to kill Jake?? I don’t remember any of this.  I thought I liked Shawn but I may be misremembering.  Maybe I just thought he was hot (still is.)

Edited by mostlylurking
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I wish that they would stop putting Wylie into the middle of everything. Willow is a nursing student but when she helps Chase with his hospital gown, she references Wylie instead of her patients.

I don't mind Olivia being the key to Brook Lynn thinking that maybe she can borrow Maxie's baby. I just want this endless story to get a move on.

Sonny/Elijah/Nina/Jax/Nixon Fails    Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Why are they playing up how dangerous Sonny's life is? Between Olivia saying that she had to protect Dante and Jax saying that Port Charles is less dangerous not that Sonny is dead, it's almost like they're actually going to put Sonny in the wrong, which I know will never happen.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

won’t he just be able to snatch them when it comes out there really is no baby on the grounds that this is fraud??

BL hasn't thought that far ahead in terms of what he'll do when there is no baby.  She's apparently close to labour but is only now looking for a possible donor.  

What will likely happen though is that maxie will give her baby Jones/August, so there will be no grounds for fraud, because Valentin will asume the baby is his.  

Based on the one sided phone conversation today with Tracy, does it seem as though BL told her there is no real baby or did I misunderstand that?

12 hours ago, driver18 said:

Actually, I wonder (and hope) they are chem-testing Dante and Brooklyn. I really do not think that Amanda Setton and Josh Swickard have a LICK of romantic/sexual chemistry. They are about as sibling-chemistry as one can possibly get.

I'm starting to remember Johnny and Claudia as I read that (probably because some felt they had the opposite problem despite being siblings pre-GW). 😆

12 hours ago, driver18 said:

It could always be worse. I mean Sam dated Sonny and had a baby with him so... you know. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯ That's the problem with allowing Sonny to dominate the canvas and have so many children (including the ones he stole) without any balance - there isn't much variety in who you can be with (a problem that existed with teen Kristina, where the most chemistry she had was with Teen Michael 1.0, and completed lacked the trio of friends that characters like Dillion, Georgie, and Maxie had way back when). There really was very little forward-thinking at the time.

Or even now when you think about it. The Powers That Be don't even try to put that much thought into simply allowing new people to not be related to the main characters. Look at Cyrus and Hayden as examples. FFS, Nelly (the mother of Michael's child) was Carly's semi-sister. 

25 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

So he took the wrap for shooting Hayden to cover up that Sonny wanted to kill Jake?? I don’t remember any of this.  I thought I liked Shawn but I may be misremembering.  Maybe I just thought he was hot (still is.)

Jordan wanted Shawn to testify against Sonny (about the Pocket Mobster ordering him to try to kill Drew), but Shawn refused, and acted like he was the better person for taking the rap. As Shawn told TJ (when the character who should have been Justus or AJ's son brought up that Ric would have fought in court for Shawn), "I know. But taking the rap was the right thing to do. I want you to understand. Loyalty? That means staying true, TJ. Even when the chips are down."

Yes, everybody, trying to murder an innocent person is the right thing to do - as per mob lackey Shawn, on behalf of one of the most terrible characters on the canvas. As you can see, Shawn is... not the brightest bulb in the pack, like every other person who has their brain eaten by whatever STI Sonny and Jason spread.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

What will likely happen though is that maxie will give her baby Jones/August, so there will be no grounds for fraud, because Valentin will asume the baby is his.  

Based on the one sided phone conversation today with Tracy, does it seem as though BL told her there is no real baby or did I misunderstand that?

Yeah I’m thinking that’s what will happen in the short run but eventually it will come out that the baby is Maxie’s so.....Brookie REALLY hasn’t thought this through.

And yes it does seem Brooklyn spilled her guts to Granny Tracy.  Granny hung up on her.  Heh.