Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Nelle comes back, Nelle is given a second chance, Nelle has Nina, and also Liesl (family now), Maxie, Britt on her side, if that sisterhood holds true. So... she's able to get her rights as Wylie's mother back. 

Maxie won't be on Nelle's side. And while the sisterhood is holding for Maxie and Britta, Nina would rather leave town to hang out with Mike rather than supporting Maxie with everything going on with Peter. Even Wylie has drifed off Nina's radar as she is doing nothing to earn Michael's trust to be around his son.

• Love 1

I'd really rather Nina be out of town even if it is around "Mike" than be the latest person to beg for access to a Corinthos baby. Ava was and will be again pleading to spend time with her daughter, Lucas is completely shut out while Willow has unlimited access , Nelle went off the rails when she wasn't allowed to see her son at all and tried to kidnap him, and Sonny tried to murder Jax.

Let Nina heal from the betrayals (please don't go back to Jax) and take Michael to court like the strong  woman she occasionally is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Let Nina heal from the betrayals (please don't go back to Jax) and take Michael to court like the strong  woman she occasionally is.

Family courts in Port Charles are notoriously useless.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'd really rather Nina be out of town even if it is around "Mike" than be the latest person to beg for access to a Corinthos baby. Ava was and will be again pleading to spend time with her daughter, Lucas is completely shut out while Willow has unlimited access , Nelle went off the rails when she wasn't allowed to see her son at all and tried to kidnap him, and Sonny tried to murder Jax.

I am hoping Awesome Writer is working that day when Mike becomes Sonny again and goes after Ava, only for Nava to go  - "Yeha no you were declared dead, so you actually have no rights." let's try again. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I just...WTF are these writers doing? As far as I can recall, Mooby kept the SheBeast from the workings of his bidnez. So how in hell would she know or have the wherewithal to set up “protection” for Jaysus, let alone whatever else she has in mind? And just answering the “Unknown Caller” just knowing it’s whoever she made this plaaaaaan with and who would execute it? It could have been Cyrus. So LAME.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Show just continues to make Anna weak and stoopid. All she needs to do is put a garrote around Heinrik’s neck and take the antidote! If it is the antidote. Which this thing apparently dissolved into nothing when exposed to the air. I didn’t see any liquid on the floor.

Jeff shout-out!!!!

No kidding.  And between her and Valentin, they could just nab him again. Shoot him up with truth serum and drag it out of him.  Or better yet, just torture the shit out of him.

I could break that idiot Heinrik, and I have no special interrogation training.  He’s a weak punk.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Having read Mo's biography (which believe me was not easy), I am quite sure he is using his method acting to play this totally authentic amnesiac (who just happens to smirk, stutter and act just like Sonny). He probably thinks he is giving the performance of his life with this totally new and riveting character. ...and he is probably giving tips to the other actors on how to come up to his level. 

Hasn't Jax already met Phyllis?

Is Mo that self absorbed IRL?

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I am hoping Awesome Writer is working that day when Mike becomes Sonny again and goes after Ava, only for Nava to go  - "Yeha no you were declared dead, so you actually have no rights." let's try again. 

Mooby is all powerful, so that won’t happen.  Or he will just threaten her again.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

Is Mo that self absorbed IRL?

Yes. When Sonny wasn't the center of attention during ReRon's writing tenure Mo was whining about it at fan events. I remember reading about it happening at the time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, driver18 said:

And what does that mean? Oh, that Willow isn't Wylie's stepmother anymore. She's not his adopted mother anymore.

This is not all true. Even if Nelle comes back and gets her rights back as the biological mother; Willow, if she has married the SLS, would still be his stepmother. This is a soap, so I bet the adoption wouldn't be nullified and he'd have two mommies.

19 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I was getting all excited for a Richard Dean Anderson visit and now I'm sad because that is probably who CM will be playing.  Which is dumb because he's way too young (he's 51 to Becky's 43) though that has never stopped casting before (see Jordan/TJ as the worst case)

The soap opera record is 5 years (Bold and Beautiful, Jack and his mother). 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

The soap opera record is 5 years (Bold and Beautiful, Jack and his mother). 

If we can include mother/daughter teams, tied by Days of our Lives with Eve and Gabrielle.

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, nilyank said:

Even Wylie has drifed off Nina's radar as she is doing nothing to earn Michael's trust to be around his son.

Right now she's actively proving to Michael she shouldn't be trusted around his son. (I'm not saying I don't think she shouldn't be trusted; I'm saying Michael won't trust her after learning she didn't tell anyone immediately that she found Sonny.)

12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Lucas is completely shut out while Willow has unlimited access

Not true: Michael magnanimously told Lucas he could see Wiley whenever he wanted. We never see Lucas, so we never see (or hear about) Wiley with Lucas.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Not true: Michael magnanimously told Lucas he could see Wiley whenever he wanted. We never see Lucas, so we never see (or hear about) Wiley with Lucas.

I should have said "was".  It was only months later that Michael was so generous to Lucas as to let him see Wylie.

Wylie suddenly completely lost both of his primary care-givers, Brad to prison and Lucas because he had no right to Wylie (eyeroll).  Wylie should have been a crying mess even before he was forced to listen to Michael and Willow endlessly monologuing to him.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Whoa, Scott mentioned Jeff. I wonder if that's who Cameron Mathison will be playing?

When Nicholas kept mentioning his friend Colonel Jackson, I figured that would be the new character. I was wondering if he would know Colonel Tad (old army buddies?)

But yeah, Jeff makes more sense.

• LOL 2
22 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

When Nicholas kept mentioning his friend Colonel Jackson, I figured that would be the new character. I was wondering if he would know Colonel Tad (old army buddies?)

That didn't sound like Cameron on the phone, asking Nik if they had the go to "extract" Florence. Voice was much deeper. I'd rather he come back as Stephen Lars, to be honest.

Then again, Becky Herbst still looks so young, so maybe if Cameron is coming as Jeff, I'll hand wave it away as the Dick Clark Effect.

10 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Jed Allen is younger than Stuart Damon.

JA was born in 1935 (and died in 2019) and SD was born in 1937 so JA was older but by only two years, so I guess we have a winner!!

I liked the irony of Maxie telling Nathan's grave that to protect her child from her father, she has to hide her in another family and pretend that she's dead. That's pretty much what Obrecht did with Nathan.

I liked Finn yelling at Anna to stay away from his son. Maybe she's finally do something now.

That's it for me, it's an episode where I enjoyed very little. Why won't Finn and Anna bring in Obrecht to help with Chase, at least she can be fun to watch and it is her specialty.

Nina/Mike/Elijah/Jax .... someone just please make it stop. Make it stop also that Jordan has to visit Carly to appease her demands. Carly is not some queen or goddess.

I hate the idea that Jason needs to be protected in Pentonville but only Nik thinks that Alexis does.

Michael and Willow being so good and stalwart at not being together because Chase needs her, Dante telling Michael what a good man he is 🤢

Why is Olivia at Nathan's graveside? is there nothing she doesn't interfere in.

52 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Jordan and TJ have them beat (29 yrs and 26 yrs)!!

That's a good example of unrealistic expectations for women that TV does. Not only does everyone walk around in high stiletto heels (which the actresses put on when the cameras are about to roll, most of them wear comfortable foot while rehearsing)  but you're supposed to look like that when you're in your mid-forties or older.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Daisy said:

I know. like i was watching her whinge to Jax and she was like "Cam said we can't be friends." and I was like.. when did he say that?

He didn't. She's projecting onto him her own words and attitudes, to make herself feel better and get sympathy from her Dad. It's not uncommon with narcissists.

Carly is achieving new levels of entitled, what with summoning Commissioner Ashford to Casa Corinthos to give her a "courtesy" warning/heads up.   Carly seriously had Shawn moved so he could lightly stab Jason to get Jason to the safety of the hospital after she was upset that he had boo boos on his knuckles?! And somehow Shawn has a cell phone on him in the jail cell?!  Shawn talking about TJ keeping him updated on PC news sure sounds like a retcon; I can't recall that TJ has said his name to anyone in years.  I rolled my eyes that he's "proud" of TJ - he literally had nothing to do with how TJ has turned out. 

Willow, Michael is not and will never be an "honest" man.  I rolled my eyes at how Michael very reluctantly agreed to putting their plans on hold so Chase's health could be the priority. Spare me the put-upon face, you SLS. Michael is delusional thinking of himself as Chase's "friend."  The only thing I agreed with is when he told Dante he's following Willow's example.

Maxie's "disguise" is hilarious. So now Olivia knows what Maxie intends to do, will be in on the scheme, and I assume BL will be too any day now. 

Best part of the show hands down was Finn blasting Anna. It's long overdue.  I don't feel bad for her crying that Finn doesn't trust her and doesn't want her help as he's trying to save Chase's life. You've lied and lied and lied to him Anna; these are the consequences.

• Love 11

On Today's show......

Jax does not see Sonny but Nina's desperate to get rid of him.

Sonny: My dick is bigger than yours

Elijah:  It is not and how would you know, you don't remember anything

Viewers:  Who cares?  Also is Nixon Falls a farming community?  Why would they have a barn dance?  

Anna bought half a brain, picked up the broken vial and gave it to Finn to test and hopefully recreate the antidote.  Finn was not amused that Peter poisoned Chase.  

Everyone and their cousin (Dante, Brook Lynn) are thrilled that Willow is at Chase's bedside.  Everyone except everyone favorite Corithi (that boy is not a Quartermain) who woefully wishes that Willow had broken up with Chase before the whole tedious unknown sickeness thing.  He magnanimously says he'll wait and allow her to sit at Chase's bedside.

Maxie talks to Nathan's grave about how utterly dumber than a box of rocks that she's been through this whole Peter thing.  She says she's going to have to give up her baby to protect her.  Olivia overhears.  will Olivia help with the baby switcheroo?  Also, why was Olivia at the gravesite?  

Shawn stabs Jason with a shiv, so that Jason can go to the hospital, which was Carly's brilliant plan.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

If the show wants me to hate a character, all they have to do is pair them with Michael. How magnanimous of them, these two upstanding citizens, sacrificing for Chase. Is this so that we can hear again how good and great and sacrificial Michael is?

Seriously, fuck that noise. We know Michael is good and kind and can do no wrong. He is the brand new messiah. 

I can't say that Finn's anger at Anna is not justified. Some of the things he said were harsh and no one forced his hand to be with her knowing what she was, but his anger over her covering for Peter is completely justified.

Nice disguise, Maxie. No one would ever recognize you like that, least of all Peter. Well, he is kind of dumb, so maybe he wouldn't recognize you. 1950 called, it wants its style back.

I could give less of a fuck about all these people lining up to help poor widowed Carly. 

What is Nina's endgame here? This storyline is a train wreck and now there's someone showing up at the barn with a gun and we know that cowardly Sonny who usually cowers behind Jason during shootouts is going to spring into action. So unless Jax is shot in the face, there's no hiding Mike anymore.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Carly seriously had Shawn moved so he could lightly stab Jason to get Jason to the safety of the hospital after she was upset that he had boo boos on his knuckles?! 

Oh My God, that had me rolling! 🤣🤣🤣 To clarify, your description of Jaysus' "boo boos".

Thanks for the laugh.

Please tell me they are now working on an antidote?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Please tell me they are now working on an antidote?

Yes.  Anna gave him the vial.  He yelled at her but good for about 20 minutes then he left to go and analyze what was in the vial.  

• Love 3

Me hearing Jason got shiv'ed: YAY!
Me realising Jason won't die: :'(

don't these people realize that prisons have medical centres? or he'll go to the hospital, be patched up and then sent back to jail. Carly you are a moron.

ooh Finn yelled at Anna okay i have to watch that

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Damn, Finn's out here proving there is indeed a thin line between love and hate. His assessment of Anna was appropriately harsh, and I'm glad he got that off his chest. I think Anna knows it was wrong of her to enable Peter for so long and I think it's clear she regrets her behavior. But I think it's really necessary for her to hear Finn, the man she loves and wanted to spend her life with, tell her in no uncertain terms that she fucked up. All her secrets and her constant prioritization of Peter have directly led to the current situation, where he oozes his way around town getting away with actual murder and hurting those Finn holds dear. There's no way she can make up for that, at least not now, when Chase is in the hospital and Finn's going out of his mind with worry.

And speaking of Chase, how shitty for him that two of his closest friends are more concerned with when they'll be able to freely play house again than with the fact that Chase might die. Seriously, Michael and Willow? It's been maybe a day since they decided to get back together but heaven forbid Chase's health crisis force them to keep their relationship status under wraps. It's so selfish and insensitive that this what they're concerned with right now. I didn't expect any better from Michael but it's disappointing coming from Willow, after all she and Chase have shared together. 

• Love 12

Way to ditch your date, Nina. Has she danced with Elijah even once?

I love how Phyllis keeps talking about how Nina is an adult and yet acts as gatekeeper, barely allowing Nina her own decision on whether to talk to Jax or not.

And way to waste jet fuel by flying to Nixon Falls and not even telling Nina why you're there, Jax.

Olivia is a meddler. I don't know why Dante apologized for calling her that. And LOL that that was the end of Olivia today except for that brief bit at the end. Hello, minimum!

Michael, if it's such a chore for you to be at the hospital to visit your "friend" (no way are Chase and Michael still friends!), go home to your stupid kid. I doubt Chase will be that upset. Ugh. I don't need to see Martyr Michael.

Thank goodness Anna had the smarts to collect the fragments of the bottle Peter crushed. 

Maxie's monologue to Nathan's headstone was such a waste of time.

If only Jason were dead. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Along with Wiley. 

And Carly. 

Just now, YaddaYadda said:

Jason will never die. Neither will Sonny, Carly or Michael for that matter. Joss too, she will never die.

the very definition of cockroaches

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

At least we saw today that the stabbing wasn't supposed to be fatal. Ironic that Shawn did the stabbing. I hope we see more of him, and this wasn't just a two-day gig for Sean Blakemore.

What is Carly's plan here? Smuggle Jason out of the hospital? Yeah, that won't backfire. If it's to simply keep Jason safe, he won't be in the hospital for long. Not that I expect something logical or practical from Carly.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And way to waste jet fuel by flying to Nixon Falls and not even telling Nina why you're there, Jax.

And he wanted Joss to go with him on this errand? What, exactly, did he expect her to do while he hunted down Nina? (because I doubt that he knew about that poorly attended town dance before he left)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, rur said:

And he wanted Joss to go with him on this errand?

I know. I thought maybe he just wanted company on the way there and back, but he should have said so. Though then we wouldn't have had the suspense of wondering where he was going. (That last sentence is sarcasm.)

• Love 3

what exactly.... is Nina's plan here?
Why are they having a barn dance?

Micheal, I don't think you know what the word "Friend" means. shutup. 

Willow you freaking coward. 

Jax shut up w/your "I love you." if you loved her you wouldn't have gone along with Carly you monkey butt. Also "You're still that angry?" Are you serious? You didn't eat the last chocolate chip cookie you moron. You hid the truth from her for day-wee-months (who knows) and you only did it because you had a prick of conscience and then you continued to make it like she was still wrong to feel the way she does. Shutup.

Finn, you were preaching much truth. keep talking. 

Phyllis, shut up. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I love how Phyllis keeps talking about how Nina is an adult and yet acts as gatekeeper, barely allowing Nina her own decision on whether to talk to Jax or not.

The lecture to Jax was really over the top.  And you can't tell me a large part of this protectiveness doesn't have to do with her pushing Nina at Mike.

Speaking of, man, Sonny sure is the same old asshole as he's always been.  It might actually be interesting if, when he regains his memory, feels shame at all the crimes he's committed, but we all know that won't happen.  He'll feel justified in bringing down Elijah because he'll still consider himself a man of honor.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael, if it's such a chore for you to be at the hospital to visit your "friend" (no way are Chase and Michael still friends!), go home to your stupid kid. I doubt Chase will be that upset. Ugh. I don't need to see Martyr Michael.

Martyr Michael was in full effect today and as insufferable as ever.  And only hoping your ~friend gets better so your happy, little family gets to go on its merry way makes him a really shitty person--which, given the two shitty people who raised him makes absolute sense.

At least we saw today that the stabbing wasn't supposed to be fatal. Ironic that Shawn did the stabbing.

Carly picked the right guy to stab someone without actually hurting them. 

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

...so someone in wardrobe haaates Maurice Bernard, yes?

I had to laugh that at the barn dance, "Mike" wears a black T-shirt, but when he's at the bar, it's a plaid flannel shirt all the way.

12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The lecture to Jax was really over the top.  And you can't tell me a large part of this protectiveness doesn't have to do with her pushing Nina at Mike.

Pushing Nina toward Mike contradicts Phyllis saying Nina can decide things for herself. Shut up, Phyllis. Put some of that energy toward figuring out who your new bartender is, huh?

14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Given Shawn can't shoot straight, I think it's kind of a crap shoot that he knows how far to go with a shiv. LOL.

• LOL 7

I can’t stand Shawn but... I like looking at him 😊

Seriously is Nina gonna be dashing back and forth keeping Jax and Sonny apart like it’s a rerun of Three’s Company? Shenanigans at the Barn Dance!  Wheeeee!

Finn yelling at Anna was everything!

Maxie is an idiot taking out loud to her dead husband about her top-Secret plan to keep her dangerous baby-daddy away.  I half expected the camera to pan to Peter, not Olivia.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Micheal, I don't think you know what the word "Friend" means. shutup. 

What? You act like friends don't go around regularity sucker punching their friends in the junk. I have it on good authority that that just happens to be how Danny Zucko greets his friends at the start of the school year, as well.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Given Shawn can't shoot straight, I think it's kind of a crap shoot that he knows how far to go with a shiv. LOL.

Maybe she told him "really hurt Jason" knowing odds were the opposite would happen.

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Maxie is an idiot taking out loud to her dead husband about her top-Secret plan to keep her dangerous baby-daddy away.  I half expected the camera to pan to Peter, not Olivia.

So is Olivia now going to be the connecting tissue between Maxie and Brook instead of Britt?

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What is Carly's plan here? Smuggle Jason out of the hospital? Yeah, that won't backfire. If it's to simply keep Jason safe, he won't be in the hospital for long. Not that I expect something logical or practical from Carly.

I wasted some time and energy today coming up with this theory: while Jason’s at GH, Peter will try to attack him in hopes of finishing him off. Since Peter is a moron, he’ll probably do the classic “Now no one will ever know that ‘twas I who killed Franco!” villain monologue, and then while he’s twirling his mustache, Jason will do his usual ~heroics~, apprehend Peter (or at least get his confession on tape or something while Peter escapes, because God forbid this Peter shit ever wind down), and exonerate himself. And then it won’t matter that Carly’s genius plan was a temporary fix at best- Jason, having saved the day as he always must, will be out and able to clean up her mess like always.

And then we can eagerly await the start of the Webbers Must Apologize To Jason, Carly, and Joss For Daring To Believe the Hitman Was a Killer tour.

Edited by Chanandler
  • Love 4

So Shawn supposedly shivs Jason in the guts and he isn't punished in any way? Yeah sounds about right.

I do think Carly's plan is to help Jason escape from prison and away from Cyrus' men. It will be easier to easier to escape from GH than Pentonville. I am sure Britta will help.

Well they added another person to the kill Peter pool. This is all sloppy and stupid.

Also stupid is Maxie's need to go to a cemetry to confess to Nathan's grave her stupid plan to fake her baby's death. Nathan isn't really there and more importantly she is supposed to be on bedrest to sell the lie of having a risky birth/dead baby. Why run the risk that Peter could find her walking about.

Please make this nonsense with Sonny being Mike end soon. All these people in that town are so dumb and irritating. Not like the dumb and irritation people of Port Charles but I at least have affection for those idiot residents.

• Love 2

Finn really let Anna have it. I didn’t think he’d be as harsh as he was. Hopefully, he’ll find the anecdote which will piss off Peter. I’m getting a little bored with Maxie and the baby. I wish she would have it now and get the baby switch (fake death) storyline moving along. Although, I am worried that this storyline will keep Wes Ramsey on the show even longer. Doesn’t the payoff have to be that he finds out? That could be another year. I don’t think I could take that, I think FV is doing it to annoy Tristin Rogers. LOL!!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Finn really let Anna have it. I didn’t think he’d be as harsh as he was. Hopefully, he’ll find the anecdote which will piss off Peter. I’m getting a little bored with Maxie and the baby. I wish she would have it now and get the baby switch (fake death) storyline moving along. Although, I am worried that this storyline will keep Wes Ramsey on the show even longer. Doesn’t the payoff have to be that he finds out? That could be another year. I don’t think I could take that, I think FV is doing it to annoy Tristin Rogers. LOL!!!!!

Maxie found out that she was pregnant in August and we are heading into May and that baby looks no way ready to be born.

6 hours ago, Daisy said:

Jax shut up w/your "I love you." if you loved her you wouldn't have gone along with Carly you monkey butt. Also "You're still that angry?" Are you serious? You didn't eat the last chocolate chip cookie you moron. You hid the truth from her for day-wee-months (who knows) and you only did it because you had a prick of conscience and then you continued to make it like she was still wrong to feel the way she does. 

What is worse is that he hid the truth from Nina because it never occurred to him that she is Wylie's grandmother just as Carly is. In Jax's mind all the real estate is taken up with Carly Joss Carly Carly Carly Joss. Nina should be smart and continue to stay away or she'll keep playing third fiddle to Carly.

• Love 4

I'm in the minority here of thinking Michael is a decent guy overall, but him referring to Chase as his "friend" today, made me want to reach through my TV and punch him in the throat!

When Elijah's hitman finishes up his job at Nixon Falls, can he go to Port Charles and take out Wiley please!!!  It's become nauseating how they ram that kid down our throats every freaking day!! 

What's Olivia randomly doing at the cemetery in the middle of the night? It's become such lazy writing when a show constantly depends on conversations having to be overheard in order for a damn secret to get out!!

• Love 3