Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Josslyn really is her mother's daughter--and that is most definitely not a compliment.  The absolute audacity of her today to scream at Cam that she doesn't care about his grief over Franco's death, especially after all he did to help her when Oscar died.  Reminds me of the saying "people want you to tiptoe around their feelings while they tap dance all over yours."  Such a fucking brat.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Such a fucking brat.

I think calling her a brat is an insult to brats. Joss is way way past that. She's as vile as the woman who birthed her. 

The best service Nelle could have rendered would have been to snatch her kidney back From Joss. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
(edited)
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She started the fight, not Cam.

And she waited until Trina was out of the room.  Afraid Trina would take Cam's side? 

Also--let me repeat--"Jason is a PROFESSIONAL killer and this was an AMATEUR murder!" is not exactly a stellar defense, SBJ. 

Also, part two, Joss be like "You'll be sorry when I'm at Southern Coastal University living my best life without you!"

Me:  Except you got wait-listed.  And pretty sure Stanford>>>>>>>>>>>>>Made-up elite school.

And, finally, patting yourself on the back for getting into the college that even Morgan was able to get into is pretty amusing.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 4/1/2021 at 3:31 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Leisl telling Jason he's lucky she's on his side.

Scott and especially Jason's reactions to her were UCG, like WTF just happened here? 

On 4/1/2021 at 4:26 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Cam can believe what he wants. But the way he tore into Jake? Who’s only what, 12? 13? Nope. Let Cam let loose his rage against adults.

Actor Hudson West and the character Jake are both 13; Jake will turn 14 next month. He was born in May '07.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

If Joss doesn't want to be friends with Cameron because he refuses to worship the water Jason walks on, then that's on her. There's the door, leave.

It's not surprising since she has grown up programmed (by her mother, with Jax not stopping it) to believe that Jason is good to/takes care of everyone in their family and associated with their family, and so it is right to shut down anyone who criticizes or accuses him. She certainly sounds like someone in a cult. I feel so bad for Cam because he has been there for her endlessly through her grief over Oscar or anyone else she has lost. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 6

Joss needs to be caught in the middle of a mob war. Wouldn't mind at all, her mother wouldn't even care, BC it's risk of the kife. Then let's hear how saintly Sonny & Jason is. 

Good for Cam for bringing up the bombing meant for Jason. 

And of course we have a Carly/Peter scene. The only reason he has a job.

• Love 8

Hey I'm all for Leisl and Scott getting in on, but Leisl implying they pulled off a triple last night was a bit far fetched. I do hope the Metro Court scrubs down the upholstery between guests. 

Um, wow, okay, Sonny you have neither the charm nor the grace of Fred Astaire dancing about with your broom. And what the hell is wrong with Phyllis? She knows Sonny suffers from head injury/amnesia, wears wedding rings and dreams about a woman, but she's pushing him and Nina together like it's some romcom "meet cute" situation. She works in patient care for god's sake! 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Um, wow, okay, Sonny you have neither the charm nor the grace of Fred Astaire dancing about with your broom. And what the hell is wrong with Phyllis? She knows Sonny suffers from head injury/amnesia, wears wedding rings and dreams about a woman, but she's pushing him and Nina together like it's some romcom "meet cute" situation. She works in patient care for god's sake! 

A woman that Phyllis knows that just heartbreak from one man lying to her (Jax) after previous husband lied to her badly about her stupid daughter (Valentin). But sure, let's hook up someone who doesn't know who he is that might have a family out there with someone else who would normally rebounding hard after 2 various break-ups

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Joss needs to be caught in the middle of a mob war. Wouldn't mind at all, her mother wouldn't even care, BC it's risk of the kife. Then let's hear how saintly Sonny & Jason is. 

She would find a way for it not to be her/their fault. If she didn't turn on Sonny and Jason permanently when tween Michael took a bullet in the head that was meant for Sonny, she won't do it now. She screamed at Sonny when Michael got shot, and screamed some more when he tried to say it was Jason's fault. Then she got back together with Sonny (again) most recently because he turned out to not be responsible for the car bomb that killed their son Morgan. Carly is an addict; the addiction is them and the "prestige"/illusion of power from being associated with them.

• Love 7
(edited)

Random musing - I wonder why they had Nina be part of that sisters pact with Britt and Maxie when we've got the latter two aligning against LWB/FS while Nina is off marooned on Sonny Amnesia Island.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
On 4/1/2021 at 9:04 AM, perkie1968 said:

So Lorenzo is out there somewhere and not buried in th Pine Barens??!!

Funny enough Lorenzo is one of the people who was never put in Pine Barrens; it was implied he was dropped in the water during the TMK storyline, although Jason also told Carly there was the possibility Lorenzo was alive (presumably because Lorenzo is smarter than Sonny, Jason, and Carly). Johnny O'Brien, on the other hand, may be in the Pine Barrens.

On 4/1/2021 at 9:15 AM, perkie1968 said:

And yet, Jason's got 345 people including law enforcement, doing their darndest to get their local hitman out of jail because this time, he isn't the one who did the killing.  

They should let Jason rot in prison.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:15 AM, dubbel zout said:

Lorenzo was killed by foley, and we never saw a body. He's definitely alive and kicking somewhere, plotting his return to Port Charles. (Please! I need Ted King's hotness these days.)

The whole mystery of Tomas Delgado vanishing when Carly came to town (which is the reaction anyone should have) suggests that Lorenzo Alcazar is alive. As much as I enjoyed the character I don't think he would fare well considering how Sonny and Jason are still elevated above the rest of the populace (just look at how everyone is coming together to rescue the Holy Hitman because of the one murder he didn't commit), and I know TK found it vexing that the writers kept pushing Lorenzo to be an antagonist against Sonny even when it didn't make any sense within the storyline.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Carly is an addict; the addiction is them and the "prestige"/illusion of power from being associated with them.

Truth.

She is also the first lady of Port Charles in spite of never having accomplished anything of her own. (I don't remember her finishing her nursing course.)

Attaching yourself to a man and having his child to gain wealth and status is something that should have gone out in the Dark Ages but Carly is really making it work for her.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

And of course we have a Carly/Peter scene. The only reason he has a job.

Like any of us need to be reminded with why we got stuck with this terrible character and very bad actor in the first place. 

• Love 7

This sonny dancing is beyond stupid. When has he ever danced? That bar is weird Noone ever comes in. The show can't get a couple  of extras. Sonny shoukd get out  of that town and find out who he is 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

And what the hell is wrong with Phyllis? She knows Sonny suffers from head injury/amnesia, wears wedding rings and dreams about a woman, but she's pushing him and Nina together like it's some romcom "meet cute" situation. She works in patient care for god's sake! 

That adds a whole other level of ick to her pushing them together. As far as she knows, they met a day or two ago; she's already making noises about them being a couple? Slow your roll, Phyllis.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That adds a whole other level of ick to her pushing them together. As far as she knows, they met a day or two ago; she's already making noises about them being a couple? Slow your roll, Phyllis.

Plus, there's no reason to think Mike's memory won't come back at some point.  He's having dreams about a blonde girl.  She must secretly hate Nina because what happens if a long-lost wife shows up.  Sure, Nina knows the score, but nobody knows she knows.

• Love 3
(edited)

Unless there's an upcoming scene where Lenny cautions Phyllis's matchmaking and she tells him she's only doing it so someone will take Mike-Who-Likes-To-Fix-Things off their hands, I'm not here for her pushing Nina towards the wannabe DWTS contestant.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 5
21 hours ago, Katy M said:

Has any PC resident ever been rejected by PCU?  I think they take everybody.

So, Joss goes from calling Jason "a professional hitman" which, he is of course, to getting mad at Cam for accusing him of killing Franco.  She does realize that every single person Jason has killed has had people who care about them, right?  there are other Cams out there who have lost family members due to Jason.  Either because he killed them himself, or set up an environment (along with Sonny) that lead to deaths.  Cam was right that Joss should stop defending him.  She can still love and care about him, but, IMO, that's not the same thing as defending him and/or looking the other way.

I thought the same thing about their excitement about getting into PCU.  GH characters of college age are always so smart they get into Harvard or the Sorbonne, but end up at PCU for personal life reasons.  🤣

Joss being like Carly means she only cares when her family is hurt.  Other people don't matter and in fact, if they have occasion to complain, they get a sanctimonious rant for they or their loved one daring to oppose Sonny and Jason.  Carly so often calls out people for things she has done herself.  

20 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Joss railing at Cameron is now so completely over the top. I can sort of understand her yesterday because Jake didn't deserve Cam's scorn, but today, it's a bit much. If Joss doesn't want to be friends with Cameron because he refuses to worship the water Jason walks on, then that's on her. There's the door, leave. I like that she has no problem being in Ava's gallery even though she finds every opportunity to snarl at her. The actress has also picked up a bunch of acting ticks from LW.

I missed a bunch of stuff because I was playing solitaire. That's what I do during he show. I play solitaire.

The show was really going there with her being Carly's daughter, acting just like Carly.  

I play solitaire while watching GH too!  

• Love 2
(edited)

Watching this on the ABC app now and I’m like SQUEE!!! A didgeridoo reference!

And “Flattery will get you everything.”

I ❤️❤️❤️❤️🥰🥰🥰🥰❤️❤️❤️❤️ Robert so much!

Shebeast is such a child.

And that “headline” on that rag is just soooo 1930s tabloid trash. No, wait. It looks more like a title of a 1940s pulp movie! As if ALL the residents of Port Charles were being targeted by Jaysus. And I can’t believe this stoopid show has me defending his ass.

Cam is acting more and more like Anger Boy. And this just means Show is setting him up for a hard fall, which SUCKS.

And it’s par for the course, but I guess now someone just kneeling over a body = guilty of killing them. Oh wait, that’s a trope since the days of Perry Mason, so never mind. But it just sounds so ridiculous the way Cam uses those words as proof. Instead of holding the gun over his body. Gah! The whole thing is stoopid.

ETA:

This Show! It was just a bail hearing!! There is no “appealing” it as if Jason being denied bail is the same as a guilty verdict at trial. Yes, Diane can ask for bail modification, but that’s not gonna happen.

And that the judge factored in “public feeling”? Is it an election year? Just denying based on it being a murder charge would have sufficed.

Justice has been done? How stupid is Heinrik? Again, it’s just a bail hearing!

The one good thing about MiniSheBeast railing against Cam like her shrew of a mother is that it gives me hope these two will never get together.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, lorj said:

This sonny dancing is beyond stupid. When has he ever danced? That bar is weird Noone ever comes in. The show can't get a couple  of extras.

Apparently amnesia not only taketh away, it giveth too.

The last customer that I remember being at the bar is the drunk guy Sonny had to drive home. Could explain why the bar is in so much financial trouble.

31 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Cam is acting more and more like Anger Boy. And this just means Show is setting him up for a hard fall, which SUCKS.

Anyone not worshipping Sonny/Carly/Jason is going for a fall. You can see Elizabeth starting to taste the crow now.

• Love 4

I absolutely hate Cam is headed to having to admit he was wrong to everyone especially smug Josslyn. The biggest reason to believe Jason didn't kill Franco is because it's not the way he usually kills people. How dare Cam think a murderer murdered. Now, he shouldn't have snapped at Jake because whether or not Jason did it, of course Jake doesn't want to believe bio father killed step father. But Joss just worships the alter of the hitman because her mom does. I hate this. I hate this so much. 

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I absolutely hate Cam is headed to having to admit he was wrong to everyone especially smug Josslyn. The biggest reason to believe Jason didn't kill Franco is because it's not the way he usually kills people. How dare Cam think a murderer murdered. Now, he shouldn't have snapped at Jake because whether or not Jason did it, of course Jake doesn't want to believe bio father killed step father. But Joss just worships the alter of the hitman because her mom does. I hate this. I hate this so much. 

that's what makes this so ridiculous.  Everyone who is defending him is admitting he has killed other people and he's more professional than this.  Maybe getting punished for this murder could just be considered kharmic justice for the murders he has committed.

I have different standards for tv characters than real people and I've had a soft spot for Jason for years.  However, I'm not idiotic enough to say that he doesn't deserve to spend the rest of his life in jail for the things he has done.  the only reason it will be bad for Jason to go down for this murder is that Peter gets away with it.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

I hate Peter as much as anyone but did he actually even kill Franco?  IIRC they were struggling with the gun when it went off right?

They were struggling for the gun, but none of this would have happened if Franco hadn't decided to kidnap Peter to get that confession out of him. Franco isn't blameless in this and I will speak ill of the dead.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

They were struggling for the gun, but none of this would have happened if Franco hadn't decided to kidnap Peter to get that confession out of him. Franco isn't blameless in this and I will speak ill of the dead.

Which again Peter shouldn't have covered up what he did.

Franco was rushing around town looking for Peter. Franco bashed Peter's head in the stairwell of the MetroCourt. Franco had kidnapped Peter and brought him over to his studio (another thing that he took that was Liz) and surrounded him by his crappy art. He then preceded to use his reputation of being a violent serial killer for the past few decades to try to coerce a confession. Franco even taped their encounter that until Peter confesses proves every thing Franco did up to that point.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Which again Peter shouldn't have covered up what he did.

I agree. I'm not even sure that Peter would have gone after Franco at that point in time if Franco hadn't started it. He was preoccupied with Maxie. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I agree. I'm not even sure that Peter would have gone after Franco at that point in time if Franco hadn't started it. He was preoccupied with Maxie. 

Yeah. Franco wasn't on his radar because Peter hadn't known Franco was remembering about Drew until Franco kidnapped him. Franco died doing what he loved, terrorizing someone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Yeah. Franco wasn't on his radar because Peter hadn't known Franco was remembering about Drew until Franco kidnapped him. Franco died doing what he loved, terrorizing someone.

Nope. Heinrik knew that Franco was hearing Peter’s voice in his head. He wasn’t sure what was going on. It’s why he released on his tabloid that the tumor was back.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Nope. Heinrik knew that Franco was hearing Peter’s voice in his head. He wasn’t sure what was going on. It’s why he released on his tabloid that the tumor was back.

His focus that night was on Maxie, Anna and Valentin. I don't think finding Franco would have entered his mind that night because he didn't know Franco was now clearer on the memories and getting to Maxie was all he wanted to do. 

• Love 3

But he would have gone after Franco soon enough. He was getting rid of anything that interfered with his delusion.

8 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I mean it is the entire premise of Jason Q becoming Jason Morgan.

That and brain damage.  I thought that Jason was more interesting with the damage when he couldn't tell a lie.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If Jason goes to jail, I want it to be for a crime he actually committed. Otherwise he's a martyr, ugh.

That is precisely why he's been arrested for this, because  of this he is innocent and this a martyr.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Like any of us need to be reminded with why we got stuck with this terrible character and very bad actor in the first place. 

I still wonder if they had auditioned other actors and then FV (unfortunately) saw Wes Ramsey or he just hired Wes Ramsey before any auditions were held?! I still don’t think he’s a horrible actor but I think he’s wrong for the part of Faison’s son. I never bought it which made these 4 years rather long. Once they made Anna dumb I gave up. Now, it doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere soon. I think FV is going to punish Tristin Rogers (and, the fans) and, keep him on for many years to come. Ugh!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, nilyank said:

Franco had kidnapped Peter and brought him over to his studio (another thing that he took that was Liz)

It's not the same studio where Liz painted in the late '90s/early '00s and where she cared for Jason after he was shot. That set is long gone. I remember Liz fans on SoapZone being upset when it was obviously repurposed for something else during the McTavish/Phelps era. 

Then I don't recall hearing a word about a studio during Liz's adult years, after she started having husbands and kids. 

Although both studios have the door on stage left, windows on stage right, and brick inner walls, the place where Franco painted was much larger (shots below). Liz's teen-years art studio was realistically cramped.

The biggest clue that it isn't supposed to be the same studio "in-universe": the first time Franco and Liz were shown there together, on an early date, she asked him "So where exactly are we?" and he said "This is my studio."

Studio 1.jpg

Studio2.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I still wonder if they had auditioned other actors and then FV (unfortunately) saw Wes Ramsey or he just hired Wes Ramsey before any auditions were held?! I still don’t think he’s a horrible actor but I think he’s wrong for the part of Faison’s son. I never bought it which made these 4 years rather long. Once they made Anna dumb I gave up. Now, it doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere soon. I think FV is going to punish Tristin Rogers (and, the fans) and, keep him on for many years to come. Ugh!

Were they actually writing the storyline about Faison's son or did they decide to create the character for the actor? 

I don't follow gossip, so I don't know. 

As far as his acting goes, I saw Wes Ramsay only on Charmed back in the day and I don't find his acting any different from what it is now.

Yeah, if Peter was really a brilliant mastermind, he would have waited a few minutes for Franco to die, then called 911 and said he was assaulted, kidnapped, and forced to make the confession under threat of torture/murder. His head injury and the recording would be the evidence. End of story. No charges. AND, and a bonus, Franco would have been revealed to be dangerous again, just as Peter claimed in his Invader story!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think he’s wrong for the part of Faison’s son. 

They've written the character into a corner, as TR mentioned, and that's not WR's fault. (Not saying anyone is saying it is his fault.) I love that WR is leaning into the mustache twirling, but given how slowly the story is moving, I understand why so many people dislike it. 

The show has improved in that we get more of a mix of stories every day, but too many stories are crawling along with little forward movement.

• Love 3

If only this show weren’t SO STOOPID, the Franco murder could be resolved in minutes.

Yes, Heinrik deleted his confession from Franco’s phone. BUT. There is a “deleted” folder in the phone’s photo app, where deleted pictures and videos can be recovered! Just as deleted voicemails can be recovered-so if Ned could have arsed himself to look at all the options, he would have seen Olivia had called. And whoever has Franco’s phone, can find the confession.

But nope. It’s all PLOT! And keeping characters stupid. I miss the days of Robert using his advanced computer thingie to try and solve things that didn’t add up and Jonathan Jackson’s Lucky who was tech savvy.

I HATE this current regime so so so much.

It’s April now so when am I are we getting the tribute episode to John Reilly?

• Love 7

There are also cloud backups and for important things, I also add them to my Google and One Drive.  Hopefully Elizabeth stumbles onto one of them soon. But more basic than the tech, the idiots at the PCPD did not do gunshot residue tests on Jason. Anyone who has seen a police procedural in the last 15-20 years knows this.  My 81 year old mother knows this.  My 9 year old grandson knows this.  Audiences do not like being treated like idiots. 

• Love 12
On 3/30/2021 at 5:09 PM, rur said:

What is it with Cleavage on Parade lately? Olivia had a fair amount of boobage exposed at GH the other day, and now Sam shows up to court flashing her chest. I know it's a soap, but, dang, wardrobe department, couldn't you cover them a bit more for what are supposed to be daytime activities?

And is it-written into every women's contract that she must be able to  prance around in 5 inch  heels?

• Love 2

Nothing gets backed up until you back up the phone. And stupid Franco didn’t even email a copy of the recording to himself or someone else first. Also, no one knows about the recording so why would they look for it?

Just now, Sake614 said:

Nothing gets backed up until you back up the phone. And stupid Franco didn’t even email a copy of the recording to himself or someone else first. Also, no one knows about the recording so why would they look for it?

Not on my phone. I’ve deleted pictures and videos without backing up that are still in the “deleted” folder on my iPhone. 

As for the cops finding it, just searching everything on the phone would have led them to the video-and it would be a clue and once recovered, they’d see it was proof against Heinrik.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Also, as I have learned from Dateline and The First 48, cops can pretty much do forensics on any phone and recover ALL the data that was ever on it, including stuff that was purposefully deleted. So just remember kids, destroy the phone if you need to get rid of your murder confession! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 4/4/2021 at 3:08 AM, Asp Burger said:

It's not the same studio where Liz painted in the late '90s/early '00s and where she cared for Jason after he was shot. That set is long gone. I remember Liz fans on SoapZone being upset when it was obviously repurposed for something else during the McTavish/Phelps era. 

Then I don't recall hearing a word about a studio during Liz's adult years, after she started having husbands and kids. 

Although both studios have the door on stage left, windows on stage right, and brick inner walls, the place where Franco painted was much larger (shots below). Liz's teen-years art studio was realistically cramped.

The biggest clue that it isn't supposed to be the same studio "in-universe": the first time Franco and Liz were shown there together, on an early date, she asked him "So where exactly are we?" and he said "This is my studio."

Studio 1.jpg

Studio2.jpg

Who used to live in what became Franco's studio? I am having a mental block. 

Weird, I need a hearing aid, line of the day:

Gladys to Brando:  I'm a grown woman.....

I swear to dog, she said "I'm a gremlin"  Had to rewind a couple to times to makes sure that wasn't was she said.  

• LOL 10

Laura, it was naive of you to think of Martin as the good brother! Just because Cyrus is a dirty drug dealer doesn't mean he isn't right about that. 

LOL at Nik bemoaning Spencer's rudeness. Maybe if you hadn't foisted him off onto Lesley and Laura for years on end, not to mention pretending to be dead for five years, he'd pick up the phone. Also, you didn't discipline him properly when you did have him, so it's chickens coming home to roost. What I wouldn't give for someone to say to Nik, "See? This is what happens when you don't set boundaries early on."

Ugh, Olivia. No one made you the maternity police. Butt out of Brook Lynn's business. You used Leo against Julian, so STFU.

If anyone should understand that cockamamie Dev story, it's Sasha. And at this point, who cares who knows the truth? Dev is dead. They're not going to deport the body. Why are they still acting like this is some state secret?

Ava should have mixed feelings about Martin, given what he did for Julian. I hate that even Ava has to buy into the Julian is OMG TEH EVUL. It's a little more nuanced (what does that mean?) than that, and she should know it.

"It's good for Michael to suffer disappointment from time to time. Builds character." Hee. Michael needs to suffer a lot more disappointment, though.

Color me pleasantly surprised the show exposed BL's pregnancy for the fake we thought it was. I thought that would be dragged out much longer.

• Love 2

I could not hate Michael and Willow more if I tried. If you have these conflicting feelings and want to be together, then for fuck's sake, be together. And then go be bland together and raise your demon child off my screen. Sasha is a 100x more interesting around Brando (what an unfortunate name. Why stop short of Brandon, like that?) BL seems like she might have a thing for Chase.

Ava and that stupid plastic hand. No words.

Cyrus talks too much. Your mom hates you, just start your mob war. The leverage is meaningless because even though we have been reminded a million times that Jason is a professional killer, he won't kill a sickly old woman. 

Spencer is not even on my screen, but STFU, Spencer! 

So I'm not sure what BL's plan is beyond taking back the ELQ shares from Valentin by using her fake belly. Is she going to steal a baby and pass it off as Valentin's? If she tells Valentin that she was never pregnant after he gives up the ELQ shares to the Qs, then I think that he can sue her.

• Love 7