Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Right Sam, you are gonna step up as Leo's big sister. What a fucking joke! You don't even see your own kids! Leo would not know Sam from a hole in the ground. And furthermore, a hole in the ground has more personality than Sam!  

Who is she to decide for Leo that he won't hear anything about Julian anyway? Ugh.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Um so Sonny has been gone since Christmas, which is at least a week in GH time because they had New Years, so he's not had water and been in the elements for a week, but sure, he survived all that. Okey dokey show.

I have a vague memory of Luke and Lucky taking Sonny camping. He didn't take to it. In the warm weather, as a young man. But sure, he's DiCaprio in The Revenant.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Yeah, I can believe that Sonny fell off a bridge into freezing water, dragged himself ashore where he's been lying there unconcious for days, but there's no way in hell that Carly puts away her own Christmas decorations. 

g.gif

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, ciarra said:

Yeah, I can believe that Sonny fell off a bridge into freezing water, dragged himself ashore where he's been lying there unconcious for days, but there's no way in hell that Carly puts away her own Christmas decorations. 

g.gif

I'd agree but what else would she do at home? She can't cook, Avery and Donna are always with the nanny and I'm pretty sure Lady Corinthos has a cleaning service.

I'm sure that she spends lots of time sticking her nose into other people's business though.

I see that Sam has picked up CarSon's "I will erase this unworthy person from the child's life" attitude.

On 1/8/2021 at 8:58 PM, dubbel zout said:

It's painful to see Denise Alexander totter around. I wish they'd accommodate her more gracefully. This conversation could have been had sitting down at the MetroCourt or in some room at GH.

It is sad because she was such a strong person. It made me aware of my own mortality.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I was ready for Laura to start throwing punches when Cyrus was talking to Lesley--I didn't watch back in the 70's but today's episode was making Lesley Webber out to be the town tramp.  DAMN!!

It is so strange for those of us who watched the show in the 70’s, because Lesley was one of the most wholesome characters in the show!

In the original story Lesley didn’t know Gordon was married when she slept with him. And she was never friends with Florence. In fact she met Florence years later. Florence was her patient and had an ulcer. Florence told her she was stressed over her bad marriage. When Lesley realized who the husband was she quickly got somebody else (Peter?) to be Florence’s doctor.

In other words they are playing a bit with the original story here, making Lesley appear more guilty than she originally was.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I was ready for Laura to start throwing punches when Cyrus was talking to Lesley--I didn't watch back in the 70's but today's episode was making Lesley Webber out to be the town tramp.  DAMN!!

I hope the show isn't thinking of making Sam and Dante a couple--the man deserves better then a nearly comatose chick.

To me it was obvious that she was just using the ol' Lesley sarcasm. Maybe it just didn't translate because of her delivery? Although I did think Denise did great and I actually clapped when she showed up unexpectedly.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Who is she to decide for Leo that he won't hear anything about Julian anyway? Ugh.

That was just such a weird conversation. They made it sound like Leo is a newborn who'd have no memories of his father. He's practically a preteen! 

This won't happen because the show has forgotten that Danny had cancer and Julian NEVER gets to be a hero, but I wish it would come out that he'd banked his blood after all. During that SL, Julian refused to do it because his being a donor was the only thing keeping Sonny from killing Julian. I'd just like to see Sam feel a little contrite for a millisecond.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 3

How come Sam gets to say they're better off without Julian and meanwhile he didn't even shoot her in the chest? Spread the paternal rejection, show!

And just no to any romance between them, but I'm preparing myself. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I thought she would say "Who?" when Dante brought up Julian's son, their little brother.

That was pretty much my reaction. Who are they talking about? Leo? The kid who hasn't been on screen since Violet's bday?

I don't have a problem with Sam hating Julian. I have a problem with her hating Julian while thinking that Jason walks on water. I have a problem with the way the characters on the show reason with the good and bad mobsters. At least Julian tried to get out of the mob, tried to reinvent himself. Jason just wants to marry Sonny and spend the rest of his life with him.

Kelly looked really rough in her scenes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

g.gif

Relatedly, when's the last time Carly popped over to the hotel she owns and allegedly runs?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, lgprimes said:

In other words they are playing a bit with the original story here, making Lesley appear more guilty than she originally was.

Gordon was her professor, so he bears the brunt of it no matter what. Cyrus, get with the program!

7 hours ago, ulkis said:

And just no to any romance between them, but I'm preparing myself. 

KeMo needs to wake up if they want to put Sam and Dante together, because otherwise she'll fall asleep before anything gets started. It's really annoying.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Gordon was her [Lesley's] professor, so he bears the brunt of it no matter what. Cyrus, get with the program!

I was glad at least that Lesley mentioned that, the power dynamic in play in that affair.

As much as I hate that it's in defense of Carly and Jason kidnapping a sick, elderly woman - and I'm sure, when Cyrus vaguely threatened a similar action re: Lesley, we were supposed to view that as SO EVUL and not exactly what our "heroes" did - I do like the fire Laura has in these moments with Cyrus.  Genie Francis must be enjoying shaking off the wounded angel brand Laura was saddled with for so long.

So where is Lesley supposed to be living these days?  NYC?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Random observations from yesterday's show:

- Denise Alexander is committed to those bangs, boy howdy.  They are a presence! 

- KeMo is not looking good.  She looks bloated and she sounds like she's on something.  And it sure doesn't help that Sam is a total beast with the shit-talking Julian every chance she gets.  Has she started a blog for that yet?  Maybe that would give her something to do.

- LMAO at Sonny apparently lying in the freezing cold for upwards of a week now.  Blow me, show.

- Jordan is the most ineffectual police chief/commissioner/whatever she is ever.  The ass-kissing of Jason is truly pathetic. 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

To me it was obvious that she was just using the ol' Lesley sarcasm. Maybe it just didn't translate because of her delivery? Although I did think Denise did great and I actually clapped when she showed up unexpectedly.

That was just such a weird conversation. They made it sound like Leo is a newborn who'd have no memories of his father. He's practically a preteen! 

This won't happen because the show has forgotten that Danny had cancer and Julian NEVER gets to be a hero, but I wish it would come out that he'd banked his blood after all. During that SL, Julian refused to do it because his being a donor was the only thing keeping Sonny from killing Julian. I'd just like to see Sam feel a little contrite for a millisecond.

Julian did bank his marrow later on. Danny had a health scare about a year after he was sick which turned out to be a false alarm but during that time, Alexis convinced him to do it. Sam is aware

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Julian did bank his marrow later on. Danny had a health scare about a year after he was sick which turned out to be a false alarm but during that time, Alexis convinced him to do it. Sam is aware

But somehow that still made him a terrible person. Considering how often his life was threatened by everyone, I don't blame him for not banking his marrow sooner. 

• Love 8

It is so tiring to see Tyler Christopher Syndrome (or really Steve Burton Syndrome) all the time. It's so obvious that KeMo has it (or there is something seriously wrong - to which it is like if you are in pain and hopped up on some kind of pain med, go home, feel better and let mister announcing voice man get some work introducing someone new to replace her for a while. 

She shows no energy, she talks like she's a balloon and the air is hissing out nearly to the point that she's sluring. It's like nothing is really exciting her (to be fair nothing is going on for her right now storyline wise) - but that's not the point. I mean. I don't need an Emmy Winning Performance every day but don't act like you have other places to be either. It's really why i didn't like TC's Nikolas because it was so obvious when he hated his storylines/partners vs. loved them. and SB is the same with Jason (as someone points out he lights up like a Christmas Tree when KMc is around and gets to  work with her, but when he has scenes with KeMo hes like Charlie Brown's teacher).

• Love 8

Lesley!!!!

I have nothing to add about Wed/Thursday's (same episode due to preemption), except that I couldn't do anything but roll my eyes at Jordan's outrage. she's just so bad.

Oh, the Eeyore, trying to be Oh So Brave as Willow goes out to dinner with Chase. Speaking of which, just a whole bunch of rinse, lather, repeat. Just DO something. So sick and tired of the same old conversation. And 1860 rears its head, with her "I'm married!" "And I wanted to kiss you!" and runs away. As if her marriage to SLS hadn't been a marriage of convenience and she boinked him just a few weeks ago once.

Anna used to be so much better at questioning. Just stop it and be hones and flat out ask Dante what you want to know! What's with all the stealth and subterfuge?

While I'm no fan of Obrecht, I did giggle at Britt's attempt at growing bangs. Kathleen is just awesome. The blonde wig doesn't bother me as I first saw her on NCIS, when she was a blonde, 14 years ago.

Back to Friday.

Denise Alexander wasn't tottering as bad as Leslie's Monica totters these days. And while I didn't start watching this show until Genie was cast and it Luke and Laura were on the run to save the world, I was going through RAGE BLACKOUT over Cyrus calling Lesley a tramp, and how she "seduced" his father--the father HE KILLED--and that Lesley was forced to defend herself! And then having Cyrus blame the #MeToo movement in her face. I don't care. Even back then it was wrong, what Gordon did.

And while Lesley was being sarcastic with her "hundreds of married men!" statement, Cyrus throwing Hamilton, that Teresa (RETCON!), and Rick's murders in Laura's face just pissed me off more. Because in order to usher Genie off the show, they had her kill Rick for trying to protect Laura for "killing" that Nurse or whoever she was that Rick was having an affair with--which was a total retcon. UGH.

That said, I loved Laura being on Fire!

And I'm glad that Lesley told Cyrus that "it's DOCTOR Webber" to his ass. I remember when Lesley first returned from the dead, she wasn't a doctor anymore, and I recall one scene when she was so excited because she got to draw blood for a lab test, and was telling Laura about it.

Both Sam and Dante can shut it about Mooby. I want someone, ANYONE, to throw in their face that Mooby is just as bad or worse than Julian.

And since the actor who plays Chase has managed to shave and get a hair cut, why can't Dominic? There are hair products men can use to tame hair that is in need of a trim/cut; and shaving beards is something that doesn't require needing to go to a barber shop unless you're Al Capone.

Ryan is totally faking his condition.

• Love 9

"I have no interest in dragging Mr. Morgan through a pointless interrogation unless it's absolutely necessary." If it's necessary, then it wouldn't be a pointless interrogation, would it, Jordan? Oof.

No, it's a revealing line. Since Jordan never accomplishes anything, and knows she never accomplishes anything, any interrogation she conducts is pointless by definition. But sometimes her pointless interrogations are necessary. This would have been one of her unnecessary pointless interrogations.

I haven't seen the Friday show yet, but the idea of Sam calling the shots re: Leo is pretty laughable. Olivia's not exactly a shrinking violet. If she wanted to construct a shrine to Julian, she'd probably put it in the Quartermaine foyer and then wonder why Monica and Ned have a problem with it.

7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I haven't seen the Friday show yet, but the idea of Sam calling the shots re: Leo is pretty laughable. Olivia's not exactly a shrinking violet. If she wanted to construct a shrine to Julian, she'd probably put it in the Quartermaine foyer and then wonder why Monica and Ned have a problem with it.

Didn't she commission some ridiculous portrait, when Julian was still with Alexis, of him, her, and Leo in Christmas sweaters or something?

• Love 5

Just catching up and had to comment on Willow!  Ugh . . . . 

Can someone please explain to me why this dumb witch went on a date if she wants to proclaim that she’s married?!?! What is this nonsense?!? If her marriage is so sacred to her, why is she going on a date with another man?! Was this her middle school way of trying to see if Michael would protest?! After she proclaimed she was married and had to go, Chase should have gotten a clue: it’s over! 

What is the point of this plot anyway? Willow keeps running away from Chase and Michael, so nothing is ever resolved. It just keeps going on in circles! Plus, we all know Millow is endgame so why the delay? I honestly don’t get it. I know Millow is boring, and there is no story to tell with them, but trashing Chase just to keep Millow front and center is not the way to go either, IMO.

I wish Chase would just give up on Willow. She’s a messed up, ridiculously confused individual who is not worth this much effort. He just needs to realize that sometimes you can’t go home again and let Willow go. Just wash his hands of her and her multitude of issues and get a new girlfriend or be single! Whatever. Just stop chasing and begging this girl for another chance. 

I will never understand how her developing feelings for Michael could match what she supposedly felt for Chase, but that seems to be the case. So, Chase needs to pull a Drew and just remove himself from this lame situation. I hate that the show is gonna continue using Chase though and throwing him under the bus to prop Millow - the dullest pairing in soap opera history. They could just put Millow together and be done with it already. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Didn't she commission some ridiculous portrait, when Julian was still with Alexis, of him, her, and Leo in Christmas sweaters or something?

Yep. That was during her Olympic-level passive-aggressive period when she and Ned were sort of split up and Alexis and Julian were sort of together, and she and Julian eventually had hate/drunk sex on NYE. That whole story was such a clusterfuck, and the fact that we got Leo out of it just because LiLoC was pregnant IRL is the real crime, AFAIC.

9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

"I have no interest in dragging Mr. Morgan through a pointless interrogation unless it's absolutely necessary." If it's necessary, then it wouldn't be a pointless interrogation, would it, Jordan? Oof.

No, it's a revealing line. Since Jordan never accomplishes anything, and knows she never accomplishes anything, any interrogation she conducts is pointless by definition. But sometimes her pointless interrogations are necessary. This would have been one of her unnecessary pointless interrogations.

I get what you're saying, but I disagree, because Jordan knows Jason never says anything in interrogations, with or without Diane. So they're all pointless. Going through the motions doesn't make them necessary. It's laughable she even goes through the motions.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That was during her Olympic-level passive-aggressive period when she and Ned were sort of split up and Alexis and Julian were sort of together, and she and Julian eventually had hate/drunk sex on NYE. That whole story was such a clusterfuck, and the fact that we got Leo out of it just because LiLoC was pregnant IRL is the real crime, AFAIC.

NYE conception and Leo was born in early May in the middle of the Metro Court during the Nurses' Ball and somehow he wasn't a tock.  I think that's when it became clear that any time any actress* was pregnant IRL it would be written into the show, no matter how absurd.

*One exception being Emme Rylan, given Lulu was egg-less and at least they didn't backtrack on that.

• Useful 1

I go back to why in the world did the show make Julian the father. If they were going to write in the pregnancy anyways, why not just make Ned the father especially as Ned and Olivia were reunited and married afterwards. There wasn't much story that came out of that except Olivia faking Leo's death (with an assist from Monica), one uncomfortable Christmas when Olivia inserted herself in between Alexis and Julian, and just another child that Julian has a limited relationship with.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah that was during that period where she got weirdly jealous over Julian and Alexis and would stare them down in public and show up to their house uninvited. Not sure what they were going for there since it was never shown that Olivia had any feelings for him before that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I must be the only one who digs Dante's shaggy Al Pacino in Serpico look. But I've always had a thing for long disheleved hair. Don't get me wrong, I got room in the bed for classically handsome Chase too 

image.png.f5625e19f9107f812b17f736f2bd2c6b.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Julian as Leo's father could be good if they SORAS'd Leo to late teens and went somewhere with it. A Corinthos-hating bad-boy nephew for Ava, say.  

I finally got to see Friday's show. It was hard to enjoy Denise Alexander's scenes. Besides being frail, she seemed rusty.  

Ugh. Carly says "second of all" when she's enumerating points. Stop giving me additional reasons to hate her, writers; I already have enough. At least she only had two points to make to Sasha, so I didn't have to wince through "third of all" and "fourth of all." 

I did like Dante and Chase.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • LOL 1

I don't like Sonny which makes this endless mourning for him annoying since we all know that he's nowhere near to dying.

For the first half hour, I thought that Michael was holding the Sonny Praise-a-thon in Monica's house after he murdered Monica's son. The cold grey decorating on both sets makes them hard to tell apart. Is it a metastatement on how the First Family of Port Charles has moves from the Quartermaines to the Corinthii? On the other hand, parts of the hospital are that bland grey too. Maybe the set designer is colour blind.

Go away, Mike. I've seen more than I want of you and your death.  And there have been too many Sonny flashbacks/hallucinations/fantasy episodes.

Does Carly want to become a mob boss herself?  I'm for it, it would give her something to do other yell at people to do what she wants.

Willow's shoes are very ugly.

• Love 2

How long do we think they're going to drag out this dumb Sonny-is-dead nonsense? It was stupid enough they expected us to think there was even a chance that Sonny wouldn't survive. And LOL that he's lying somewhere in pretty plain sight and no one has found him.

I can only stand back and applaud Tracy's utter lack of sorrow that Sonny is "dead." Stay strong, Tracy!

Finn should know that haranguing Alexis about her relapse isn't going to make her want to get sober again.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Hater said:

This Sam and Dante thing is so obvious and so forced

First it was Sam and Brando and now Sam and Dante.  Just no.  Would make far more sense for Dante to be there for Maxie when she finds out the truth about Peter and dumps his sorry ass.  Sam and Peter can end up together so I can fast forward both of them.  

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

hat he's lying somewhere in pretty plain sight and no one has found him.

Some random walker found him today, so at least he won't spend the next week, lying in the snow.  Although it was good of Sonny to shave for the whole two weeks that he's been lying unconscious in the snow.  

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Finn should know that haranguing Alexis about her relapse isn't going to make her want to get sober again.

Awh, I think they're cute together.  I see more chemistry there than with Anna.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Awh, I think they're cute together.  I see more chemistry there than with Anna.  

I like them more than Finn and Anna, too, but he's a recovering addict! He should know getting on her case isn't going to help.

It's gross that only the wimmins are in tears over Sonny. TFGH, but really aggravating nonetheless.

4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Some random walker found him today

You mean Mike? Hee. I don't know what's more boring, watching everyone grieve for a worthless thug or Sonny having amnesia.

Sasha, no one forced you to take those drugs, so maybe dial back the indignation with Cyrus, huh?

LOL at the turnout at Casa Corinthos. Did anyone think about informing Kristina? Probably not. In fact, does anyone on the Davis side know? Probably not again, since, you know, wimmins.

• Love 3

...When are these Sonny scenes supposed to be taking place? Are they depicting what happened right after the fall, or are we really expected to think he survived a week+ on the cold snowy ground? I know the show treats him like he's indomitable, but damn. Anyway, of course he seems to have amnesia, and of course it was the angelic hand of Mike pulling him to consciousness. You just know the show is gonna push the Sonny/Mike parallels hard with this memory issue.

Everyone talking about how poor Carly is grace under fire should feel differently if they ever get to learn she maintains her spirit by kidnapping little old ladies. She is seriously just going to skate on that, isn't she? I wish Jason would stop insisting on protecting her and get out of her way. If running the business was an acceptable risk for Sonny and his family, it ought to be an acceptable risk for Carly, too. It's an antiquated notion that she's not capable and needs to keep her hands clean. She's been up in this shit for years, make it official.

*Waves a smudge stick around to clear the air from the onslaught of Dante/Sam bonding moments.* Do not even think it, show. Obviously, Dante is much too good of a guy to be consumed by the joyless black cloud that is Sam. Plus, they share a BROTHER (albeit one who's mostly invisible and might as well not exist) and that's just a world of ewww. Really a bad, unnatural pairing, here.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Linny said:

lus, they share a BROTHER (albeit one who's mostly invisible and might as well not exist) and that's just a world of ewww. Really a bad, unnatural pairing, here.

didn't stop Michael and Kiki (or Morgan and Kiki) who shared a sister.  But I agree, Sam has been awful lately and she brings down any scene partner she has.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Linny said:

*Waves a smudge stick around to clear the air from the onslaught of Dante/Sam bonding moments.* Do not even think it, show. Obviously, Dante is much too good of a guy to be consumed by the joyless black cloud that is Sam. Plus, they share a BROTHER (albeit one who's mostly invisible and might as well not exist) and that's just a world of ewww. Really a bad, unnatural pairing, here.

Sharing a brother didn't stop the Liz/Franco nightmare.

Ugh, they need to stop it with Mike.  And they should also go ahead and cancel whatever BrendaBot they have in mind for Amnesia!Sonny.

• Love 3
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

Ugh, they need to stop it with Mike.  And they should also go ahead and cancel whatever BrendaBot they have in mind for Amnesia!Sonny.

Do or Did Liz/Franco ever mention their mutual brother? I don't remember them ever talking this much about Steven Lars. This Sam/Dante stuff is off putting because they're using the brother and the dad she slept with to bond.   It's icky.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

No but never had they once talked about Steven Lars to give them a reason to talk. Gross.

( @Linny a brother AND a sister. Not that I care about that, it's a soap. I do care if they wrote off Lulu just to park Sam somewhere.)

1 minute ago, Hater said:

Do or Did Liz/Franco ever mention their mutual brother? I don't remember them ever talking this much about Steven Lars. This Sam/Dante stuff is off putting because they're using the brother and the dad she slept with to bond.   It's icky.

I don't think even once but I definitely have not watched every Friz scene by a long shot, so I couldn't say for sure.

23 minutes ago, ciarra said:

But doesn't Rocco deserve an attentive mommy who can drop him off at the Q's?

sure if he weren't already there lol.

• LOL 1
Just now, ulkis said:
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

No but never had they once talked about Steven Lars to give them a reason to talk. Gross.

I thought they did talk about Steven Lars? I remember a discussion about him being both Elizabeth and Franco's brother. Maybe it wasn't Franco and Elizabeth, though. It was kind of hand waved away, though, because Steven Lars is related to them through different parents: Heather for Franco and Jeff (who?) for Elizabeth.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Hater said:

Do or Did Liz/Franco ever mention their mutual brother? I don't remember them ever talking this much about Steven Lars.

I do remember Franco at one point noting, maybe around the time of the Rebecca Budig reveal, that Steven Lars had sworn off contact with both him and Heather.  

Just now, dubbel zout said:

Steven Lars is related to them through different parents: Heather for Franco and Jeff (who?) for Elizabeth.

Well if Steven Lars was related to them through the same parent, then we'd really have a problem on our hands lol.

• LOL 2
32 minutes ago, Linny said:

What's weirder is his wife was a literal child on screen when his dad knocked Sam up. KM and DZ are close in age but she's been hanging with his dad's circle the past 15 years. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Steven Lars is related to them through different parents: Heather for Franco and Jeff (who?) for Elizabeth.

Well if Steven Lars was related to them through the same parent, then we'd really have a problem on our hands lol.

Ha! 

Franco didn't grow up with Steven Lars—did they even know each other? They certainly didn't cross paths on the show. 

• Love 2