Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Carly really crossed the line having Cyrus’ invalid mom kidnapped. Even if Cyrus is a bad dude, his mom is innocent and doesn’t even like him. I hope both Laura and Jason read her the riot act. Laura’s going to have to do a lot of tap dancing diplomacy to keep Cyrus from exploding

I think it's safe to say that Carly has kicked this rather boring mob war into high gear. I'll look forward to Cyrus's retaliation.

Actually, I hope he finds Sonny.

Spoiler

And brings him to work for him since he'll allegedly have amnesia.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

On the one hand, you have hot cop on the other, entitled momma's boy with mob ties. 

I suppose we're all just expected to forget that Willow was so opposed to the mob, she insisted that Julian have nothing to do with baby Wiley when she gave the kid to Lucas and Brad. Now she's totes okay with bringing the kid over to mob headquarters for Christmas.

Seriously. Willow and Chase had fun dates, he cooked for her, they both clearly enjoyed the sex, he broke the news of her baby's death and was there for her as she cried.  Michael ... was grateful to Willow for sharing her cult experience with Kristina, and wanted Willow in the mother role for his child. (Sasha also only cared about what she thought was best for Michael and Wiley, too). The only "fun" Michael and Willow have had together was Michael taking Willow for lunch and a ride in his thug father's boat, and painting Wiley's play room.

The actress playing Willow seems to be giving off an "I enjoy being part of two families vibe." She's only looking at the Corinthos clan on the surface during a less than one year time frame. I get that after growing up in a cult, having her mother turn her over to a predator, and never having siblings or extended family, that she is just overwhelmed at seeing how two families rally around Michael unconditionally.  She walked into the room with Michael after Chase spoke about Julian's body found with two gunshot wounds,  and I'm sure she has not heard about Michael getting shot because he was standing next to Sonny, or about how Sonny almost blew Kristina up with a car bomb. 

I always assumed she knew about Julian the mobster because Julian was in Port Charles and had a reputation in the past, well before the Sonny character was ever created.

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But again...just have Jason and Carly bang.  If they really wanted to soap things up with this tired trio of characters, it's the only card left in the deck IMO.

Unfortunately Mo/Sonny seems so lacking of energy that I don't think he could muster up a decent performance. They should have done that when Burton popped again, or at least done it when he was with Sam and that's why she dumped him. If they sleep together now Sam will shrug and say "figures". Of course that's basically her reaction to everything but you get my point.

They should do it anyway because you just know Laura Wright would be freaking out and going all hyper about it and SB would sigh, close his eyes and the money.

Not that I think he dislikes her but I think she is a lot more enthusiastic about Jarly than he is.

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

She had that one sobbing scene with Chase when she found out that the baby she gave birth to had died, but that was it, wasn't it? You would think that it would be hard for Willow to be around Wiley, not easier. 

No, she also had a scene of talking and crying alone at the baby's grave. Elizabeth found her there (she guessed where Willow would be from talking to Chase at the hospital when he was looking for Willow), said she was so sorry about her baby's death, and hugged her. Willow herself told Michael she needed to walk away from Wiley; Sasha and Michael both responded by doing their best to talk Willow out of it. Wiley needs you, you need each other, blah blah. 

• Love 3

I think it's interesting that the minute Sonny vanishes, ACTUAL mob stuff starts happening with the Corinthos clan lol. It just shows how ineffectual the character is as a mob leader. I think that's the fault of the show for trying to make Sonny the good guy.

I, personally, would welcome Sonny gets a brain injury a la Jason, but decides to become an upstanding citizen who thinks Carly is off her rocker and Jason is a thug lol. Only because it would drive those characters CRAZY.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish Willow had resented the hell out of Michael for having Wiley instead of glomming onto them both. 

Again. they just... miss everything. 

Lukas just... throws Wiley at Michael when he realises it's no longer "his child". (To be fair- I didn't watch the aftermath completely but considering there was no Lukas rep in Wiley's custody hearing. it's safe to say he didn't fight for the child he raised for a year). 

Willow i still don't get beats on her but she's basically a mob moll in training  which truthfully is disgusting. The real struggle shouldn't be Chase/Willow/Michael. it should be Michael/Willow/Wiley. She's way too easy with everything (but then she got to be Wiley's mother again so why fight anything)

I feel i know this but NULOCH?

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Not that I think he dislikes her but I think she is a lot more enthusiastic about Jarly than he is.

I don't think SBu is enthusiastic about anything except his check clearing.

I love Jane Elliot's hair.

Laura was very wrong to tell Carly the score on Cyrus, but I liked those two talking. When Laura said she had herself checked in to the care facility as a patient, you could see the respect in Carly's face. She'd never do that.

Ugh, another gun fight involving Jason that goes nowhere.

5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I feel i know this but NULOCH?

No Upper Limit On Carly Hate.

Brando needs to tell Jason that Cyrus knows about Dev, and they can sit down with Diane and figure out what they're actually liable for.

Cyrus asked for a scotch on the rocks and got something entirely different, heh.

Carly taking Cyrus's mom is dumb, but it's also kind of a baller move.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DanaK said:

Carly really crossed the line having Cyrus’ invalid mom kidnapped. Even if Cyrus is a bad dude, his mom is innocent and doesn’t even like him. I hope both Laura and Jason read her the riot act. Laura’s going to have to do a lot of tap dancing diplomacy to keep Cyrus from exploding

I wouldn't mind Laura yelling Carly, but Jason, UGH!!! Their relationship is so parasitic, and like I said before, they have been all cleaning up each other messes for so long, their is no line that none of them have crossed. So it is hypocritical of Jason to start laying down the law when in this episode he was discussing the intricacies of killing someone. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The child he raised for almost 2 years!

That even makes it worse. 
They just natural drama for crap drama that doesn't even make sense. Wiley should be crying for his "daddy" every day. not just being this... plastic baby boy. (sorry i don't like the baby who plays Wiley he looks fake)

12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

No Upper Limit On Carly Hate.

thanks, I knew i knew it. hahah

11 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

So it is hypocritical of Jason to start laying down the law when in this episode he was discussing the intricacies of killing someone.

so just another day of being Jason, then?
(Why did Carly kidnap Florence?)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DanaK said:

I saw a preview that seemed to have Jason screaming even more at Carly than he did today, but I guess they didn't get to it this week. But I do get the impression he's not going to see the genius of that idea. (The next two days are repeats and sports, right?)

Remember, eons ago, when Sarah Brown's Carly went into a mob meeting of the Five Families swinging a baseball bat around or some shit? Sonny and/or Jason screamed at her for stepping out of her place then, too. She's always loved the money and prestige of being the mob wife, but I think a part of Carly would really love to be the mob boss.

ETA: She's way too much of a bulldozer to be successful except in the short-term, but then again, it's not believable that Sonny could have stayed on top for as long as he has, given his temperament.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

but then again, it's not believable that Sonny could have stayed on top for as long as he has, given his temperament.

Mooby is the Pimp Phillip Tataglia of General Hospital. He wishes and thinks he’s Vito/Michael Corleone.

• Love 1
On 12/17/2020 at 12:15 PM, sue450 said:

does anyone know who is playing  florence grey  (the lady in the hospital bed where laura is at)  she was originally played by anne collings...she would be in her 80's now...the woman has the same hair cut as jane elliot. ( tracy quartemaine) ..are they using  jane (tracy) and made her look older  so they would not have to add another person on the set who would be in their 80's ????

wanted to update    florence grey was originally played by anne collings 1973-1974 now she is being played by Annie abbott! found it on general hospital fandom

1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I saw a preview that seemed to have Jason screaming even more at Carly than he did today, but I guess they didn't get to it this week. But I do get the impression he's not going to see the genius of that idea. (The next two days are repeats and sports, right?)

Yes, Thursday seems to be a repeat and Friday is the Citrus Bowl

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

so just another day of being Jason, then?

Laura told her Cyrus was vulnerable when it came to his mother so I presume she’s doing it for leverage against Cyrus

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

She thought that she was ending the war (and saving her beloved Jason) by holding Florence hostage to keep Cyrus from retaliating. Little does she know that Cyrus is more likely to put all his resources into ending Sonny's mob now. Probably going to be pretty mad at Laura too so there goes that truce.

49 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Remember, eons ago, when Sarah Brown's Carly went into a mob meeting of the Five Families swinging a baseball bat around or some shit? Sonny and/or Jason screamed at her for stepping out of her place then, too. She's always loved the money and prestige of being the mob wife, but I think a part of Carly would really love to be the mob boss.

Interesting thought and I tend to agree. Carly always thinks that she's better and smarter than she really is. That's why Jason should have been so freaked out when she showed up at the docks.

3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Willow herself told Michael she needed to walk away from Wiley; Sasha and Michael both responded by doing their best to talk Willow out of it. Wiley needs you, you need each other, blah blah. 

Sasha and Michael, two people who knew nothing about being close to a child. I wonder if they really believed it or if they just wanted to keep Wylie from Nelle.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She thought that she was ending the war (and saving her beloved Jason) by holding Florence hostage to keep Cyrus from retaliating. Little does she know that Cyrus is more likely to put all his resources into ending Sonny's mob now. Probably going to be pretty mad at Laura too so there goes that truce.

Remember when Sonny kidnapped Johnny Zacchara because he erroneously thought that the Zaccharas kidnapped Michael? (Michael ran away because he accidentally shot someone)Well, this should end as well as that did. CarSason never learn, because they never see themselves at fault. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Interesting thought and I tend to agree. Carly always thinks that she's better and smarter than she really is. That's why Jason should have been so freaked out when she showed up at the docks.

Sasha and Michael, two people who knew nothing about being close to a child. I wonder if they really believed it or if they just wanted to keep Wylie from Nelle.

actually you know who carly reminds me of.  Cersei Lannister.. She is always great at coming up with a BAM that shocks people but she never considers the ramifications or the fall out or anything, and so when it always blows up in her face it's like "whu?" anyone (and their mother. heh heh) would have gleaned the fact that Cyrus would end people if Sonny's people went after his mom. Why? BECAUSE SONNY AND JASON WOULD DO THE EXACT SAME THING.  What do you think Cyrus is gonna do? go "Please don't hurt my mommy, truce, truce, I'll leave town?" Moron. 

30 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

CarSason never learn, because they never see themselves at fault. 

And they never lose. they really should

• Love 6

They should take Willow's Wiley obsession to the next level and have her decide that Michael is an unfit parent due to his mob connections.  Once her adoption of Wiley is finalised she should divorce Michael and go for sole custody (since the courts in PC don't seem to be too big on shared custody lol).  She can give a whole sob story about how they were friends and she thought he was a legitimate businessman who was removed from the mob so she agreed to the fake marriage to protect Wiley, but after being married to Michael for 6 months she realised he needs his mob moll mother has to wipe his ass and his adopted father was "killed" in a mob war and Wiley is surrounded by violence.  Throw in Michael being shot as a kid, and all his comments about how unfit Sonny and Carly are from the Avery custody trial, plus the Sonny killed AJ thing, and have Willow give tearful testimony about how Wiley shouldn't have any contact with Michael the mob apologist for his own safety.

Then we can watch with glee at Michael and Carly's cracked faces when they realise that the "perfect" woman they drafted into their circle to keep Wiley from Nelle has turned around and taken Wiley from them.

Edited by bubble sparkly
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Remember, eons ago, when Sarah Brown's Carly went into a mob meeting of the Five Families swinging a baseball bat around or some shit?

That was Tams's Carly, 2002. 

The Sarah Brown version did try to get involved in business things (leading to peril from which Jason had to rescue her), but she wasn't the mob queen the recasts became. She was more under Sonny's thumb. 

11 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I, personally, would welcome Sonny gets a brain injury a la Jason, but decides to become an upstanding citizen who thinks Carly is off her rocker and Jason is a thug lol. Only because it would drive those characters CRAZY.

That might be fun, but I'm kind of over these "identity" stories in which characters think they're someone else. The last few writing regimes have gone to that well too often with the brain mapping, flash drives, and amnesia.

ETA: Elizabeth Korte, the world's highest-paid writer of Carly fanfic for two decades now, did in fact script the Wednesday episode, as someone on the previous page guessed. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:
12 hours ago, threebluestars said:

That might be fun, but I'm kind of over these "identity" stories in which characters think they're someone else. The last few writing regimes have gone to that well too often with the brain mapping, flash drives, and amnesia.

Same. They certainly won't make Sonny weak or feeble with amnesia, and we all know he'll return to being his usual asshole self soon enough. Then there's Dante's brainwashing, or whatever it is, and that's not moving nearly fast enough.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

She'd be better at it than Sonny. 

14 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

ETA: She's way too much of a bulldozer to be successful except in the short-term, but then again, it's not believable that Sonny could have stayed on top for as long as he has, given his temperament.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Hardly. She always fucks things up. The first time when Sarah was playing her, she fucked up his meeting and got him in trouble with the Feds. Then what @Melgaypet stated above, but was Tamara’s SheBeast. Sarah’s also acted like she was in charge when she gave the word to shoot (I stated up thread) that ended up with Brenda shot; and now this SheBeast. I don’t recall if the two before her did anything.

She won’t suffer for it. This time we had that 🤮 nauseating 🤢🤢lines from Jaysus how it wot did BREAK HIM, if this waste of space trash died. Gone are the days when he ripped her a new one, like when she laid into Elizabeth and he told her (paraphrasing, I think) “You SHUT UP about Elizabeth!”

Good times! Good times! Made up for him letting her manipulate him and run roughshod over Robin when they lived at Brenda’s cottage.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Maybe so, maybe no. Like I said, she's too much a bulldozer. She might take the underworld aback at first, but I don't think it would be long before she fucked it all up. But it's only plot armor that's kept Sonny on top for so long. He's a petulant toddler who can't think anything through, if he weren't the lead of the show, one of these endless string of rival mobsters would have taken him out ages ago.

I believe you guys that it was Braun in the Five Families scene - but in my mind I still have the image of Sarah Brown swinging a baseball bat around those old mobsters, that smug look look on her face. Weird.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sarah’s also acted like she was in charge when she gave the word to shoot (I stated up thread) that ended up with Brenda shot; and now this SheBeast.

LW as Carly reminded me of ^ in her 12/30 scenes. My impression is that Carly's ultimate fantasy (there was even a fantasy sequence about it in the past!) is to be Jason's lover as well as partner in running the biz.  Her line read seemed to indicate she accepts Sonny may be dead, and she is determined she will be everything Jason needs now. Carly has shown that she essentially has a cocaine addiction, except instead of powder her addiction is Jason and Sonny and the lifestyle she has with them.  She is all talk about how much she loves her kids; she told Laura (when Laura was deciding whether to reconcile with Kevin last year) that she has no regrets about standing by Sonny. She clearly never gave a thought about baby Donna while she was going on about showing up alone/doing whatever it takes to have Jason's back..

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Daisy said:

actually you know who carly reminds me of.  Cersei Lannister.. She is always great at coming up with a BAM that shocks people but she never considers the ramifications or the fall out or anything, and so when it always blows up in her face it's like "whu?" anyone (and their mother. heh heh) would have gleaned the fact that Cyrus would end people if Sonny's people went after his mom. Why? BECAUSE SONNY AND JASON WOULD DO THE EXACT SAME THING.  What do you think Cyrus is gonna do? go "Please don't hurt my mommy, truce, truce, I'll leave town?" Moron. 

And they never lose. they really should

With the whole Johnny Zaccahara kidnapping, CarSason did lose, or at least Michael did. Because Sonny failed to release Johnny when Claudia told him to, even saying she would let the incident go. Once Johnny was finally released weeks later after being starved and tortured, Claudia put a hit out on Sonny and bullet accidental hit Michael and making fall into a coma. But since they decided that Claudia was the big bad in all of this, they never examined their own roles in all of this. Just like when AJ kidnapped all of Sonny's children so he could finally have Michael. Sonny edits the part where he kidnapped AJ and made him sign away his rights. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

With the whole Johnny Zaccahara kidnapping, CarSason did lose, or at least Michael did. Because Sonny failed to release Johnny when Claudia told him to, even saying she would let the incident go, once Johnny was released weeks later after being starved and tortured, Claudia put a hit out on Sonny and bullet accidental hit Michael and making fall into a coma. But since they decided that Claudia was the big bad in all of this, they never examined their own roles in all of this. Just like when AJ kidnapped all of Sonny's children so he could finally have Michael. Sonny edits the part where he kidnapped AJ and made him sign away his rights. 

Yeah. The thing is - I don't even consider that losing. Like. if Michael died (imo story dictated that he should have), or if this was the thing that Cracked Jason/Carly from Sonny (forever - which it should have) or have the Q's completely go ape on them (which they kinda did if i remember correctly but not utter fire to the ground make them pay... then yeah they lost.

like every story there were no real ramifications from it. there are some scars but no  - it's 2020 and they are still paying for those actions,lost

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Yeah. The thing is - I don't even consider that losing. Like. if Michael died (imo story dictated that he should have), or if this was the thing that Cracked Jason/Carly from Sonny (forever - which it should have) or have the Q's completely go ape on them (which they kinda did if i remember correctly but not utter fire to the ground make them pay... then yeah they lost.

like every story there were no real ramifications from it. there are some scars but no  - it's 2020 and they are still paying for those actions,lost

Got love how a story about Michael falling into a coma for a year, killing Claudia and then having his idiot family cover it up, thereby sending Michael to prison where he got raped, is not a lose as far as CarSason is considered. The only one that pointed out what shitty  parents Carly and Sonny are was AJ. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Got love how a story about Michael falling into a coma for a year, killing Claudia and then having his idiot family cover it up, thereby sending Michael to prison where he got raped, is not a lose as far as CarSason is considered. The only one that pointed out what shitty  parents Carly and Sonny are was AJ. 

Right?  and we've been touching on some of these things with the current storyline. but - with all of that being stated - at one of those pitstops, Micheal should have been like. "stop this crap train I want off, and nothing to do with you.'

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Right?  and we've been touching on some of these things with the current storyline. but - with all of that being stated - at one of those pitstops, Micheal should have been like. "stop this crap train I want off, and nothing to do with you.'

He never will, not for long anyways, especially with Jason back in the picture. Apparently since the Qs are basically set pieces at this point with the younger Qs actively fucking or kissing the criminal element's asses, no one will call out the twisted morality. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Maybe so, maybe no. Like I said, she's too much a bulldozer. She might take the underworld aback at first, but I don't think it would be long before she fucked it all up

I think Carly would be pretty good as a mob boss. She is a bulldozer, but a lot of that is because she's reacting to a situation that's suddenly occurred. She hasn't had any trouble with the MetroCourt (which I know is more because they hate writing business stories [but isn't the mob a business?]), so I think if she were consistently in charge, she'd be okay. That doesn't mean she wouldn't have some harebrained ideas that blow up in her face—this is Carly, after all—but I think she'd be okay. In some ways, she has more nerve than Sonny and Jason, and that would serve her well.

13 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

no one will call out the twisted morality. 

People do, but they're mocked for it and we're clearly supposed to agree they deserve the mocking.

• Love 2

Ok so I haven’t watched nor commented in forever but I’m finally figuring out how to use my Hulu Live TV and watched yesterday.  Seeing the fight between Carly and Jason....ummm...is this show actually Going There with these two??  I definitely felt they were leaning into something more than friends, and I really haven’t seen that probably since the Sarah Brown days, at least on Jason’s part. And even weirder, I think I’m here for it.  It would maybe kick some life into the stale Sonny/Carly/Jason dynamic.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Maybe so, maybe no. Like I said, she's too much a bulldozer. She might take the underworld aback at first, but I don't think it would be long before she fucked it all up. But it's only plot armor that's kept Sonny on top for so long. He's a petulant toddler who can't think anything through, if he weren't the lead of the show, one of these endless string of rival mobsters would have taken him out ages ago.

Exactly what I was thinking!  Neither of them shows any kind of strategic thinking and by all rights Cyrus should have mopped the floor with them.  You can already see them weakening Cyrus so Sonny et al can win.  Like when Jason mentions how your sniper isn't there anymore, is when Cyrus replies "That's why I came with more than one."  Laser dots appear on Jason and Kablam!

Although I did like Cyrus line about "You can keep your imports or just focus on your legitimate coffee business.  What are they importing?  I stick by my theory that Sonny's coffee is grown with child slave labor and he imports it illegally to cover up that fact.

• Love 1

Sonny is going to have to be off canvas a long time for the show to go there with Jason & Carly. In theory, he could end up in a different town and not know who he is and start a new life. It’s been done before on a lot of soaps. The most recent one I can think of is Victor Newman on Y&R. I’m sure Laura Wright would be up for it. She loves any storyline and commits. I know she gets hate but I’ve always liked her commitment to daytime. So, is Sonny in Beecher Corner or in Canada? I can never tell where the bodies land from that foot bridge. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Knock up yet another woman . . .

Sonny is really powerful in nether region isn’t he? Of course, that would make Carly’s head spin even more. Another kid!!!! Hysterical.

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

jjjjj

Stockholm syncrome

8 hours ago, Daisy said:

I waver between Michael having Stockholm syndrome, having been raised first by Carly and Jason and then Sonny so he doesn't know what is right or wrong on the one hand, or being too stupid to figure out that things  are immoral and illegal with the mob crew on the other.

8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Carly would be pretty good as a mob boss. She is a bulldozer, but a lot of that is because she's reacting to a situation that's suddenly occurred. She hasn't had any trouble with the MetroCourt (which I know is more because they hate writing business stories [but isn't the mob a business?]), so I think if she were consistently in charge, she'd be okay.

Carly doesn't think ahead though. The Metro Court runs smoothly because it's always the same pattern (also she has Olivia's help).  Carly doesn't anticipate problems that could come up in the future and make plans to head them off at the pass (e.g. Cyrus always hanging around there, Alexis drinking). As the mob boss, she'd always be reacting to someone else's move rather than planning several moves ahead. I don't think she'd even make a good second-in-command because she's always be opposing the boss's plans because she thinks she knows better.

For all the writing tries to push him as a big, bad mob boss, I don't think that Sonny does a good job of it. He's all bluster and wind. Jason is really the cool head and foresight it takes to run an organization that size.

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Isn't that Edward's MO?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

For all the writing tries to push him as a big, bad mob boss, I don't think that Sonny does a good job of it. He's all bluster and wind. Jason is really the cool head and foresight it takes to run an organization that size.

Yes. And if I recall correctly, the one time Sonny and Jason went head to head, Jason crushed Sonny. I can't remember what the cause of the rift was (Emily? Or just Sonny's erratic decision-making when in denial of his bipolar illness?); I just remember Jason taking away the vaunted "territory" within about a week, completely neutralizing Sonny. Sonny was impotently raging over being in a position where he would be "given" his power back at Jason's whim. 

Jason has always been more of a pet than Sonny. No matter who's producing or writing, if one of them is supposed to look better than the other, Jason will be given the higher cards. And he's definitely been written as the more effective gangster. 

• Love 4

Ha! Done with style, and I can just hear it in the Alexis voice.  

nlg.png

I'll say here that I've known my share of heavy drinkers, and NLG is nailing a specific kind of alcoholic. You just know instantly that it's one of those days/nights. And she isn't doing the easy stuff, the typical soap-actor slurring and incoherence, which I don't think would have been the right choice for Alexis. It's more a liberated, carefree, "loose" quality to the way they talk and move...which is never how they are when they're in control of themselves. There was a good example of this "party of one" quality when she approached Finn and his father in a recent episode.

Edit: I really meant this to be in the News/Media thread, but I guess it works here too, since that scene was in one of the most recent episodes.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I waver between Michael having Stockholm syndrome, having been raised first by Carly and Jason and then Sonny so he doesn't know what is right or wrong on the one hand, or being too stupid to figure out that things  are immoral and illegal with the mob crew on the other.

I think Michael simply doesn't want to rock the boat. Why should he? Everything gets handed to him on a platter.

8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Jason has always been more of a pet than Sonny. No matter who's producing or writing, if one of them is supposed to look better than the other, Jason will be given the higher cards. And he's definitely been written as the more effective gangster. 

Jason always gets the hero edit. It's such a bore, and completely unearned. He's a mob enforcer. There's nothing heroic or admirable about that.

• Love 12
22 hours ago, ByaNose said:
23 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sonny is really powerful in nether region isn’t he? Of course, that would make Carly’s head spin even more. Another kid!!!! Hysterical.

Sonny Corinthos, the Sperminator.

I actually quite enjoyed Wednesday's episode, despite some minor flaws. While Carly may be an impulsive hothead, she took clear, decisive action to what she perceived (correctly) to be a clear and present danger. Something Jaysus and Sonny often fail to do. And for the first time we've seen Cyrus flustered and off-balance, something no one else had been able to do so far.

14 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I'll say here that I've known my share of heavy drinkers, and NLG is nailing a specific kind of alcoholic. You just know instantly that it's one of those days/nights. And she isn't doing the easy stuff, the typical soap-actor slurring and incoherence, which I don't think would have been the right choice for Alexis. It's more a liberated, carefree, "loose" quality to the way they talk and move...which is never how they are when they're in control of themselves.

I'm meh on the latest Alexis "off-the-wagon" S/L, seems like we've done this a few times now. But NLG is nailing it. Even more, Alexis blurting out to Gregory that she and Finn had slept together certainly validated Tracy's concerns. Except that Tracy really has no way of containing Alexis and the truth's going to come out eventually one way or another.

• Love 2
On 12/29/2020 at 3:14 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

The more I see Gonzo Gregory with Anna, the more I think she’s engaged to the wrong Chase.

They definitely have some chemistry. I think I'd be down for them to pair up.

Whenever Finn and Anna presumably break up, I'd lean toward Alexis/Finn because I think he might be her best bet in terms of onscreen chemistry at this point too now that they killed off Julian and Neil. The two of them definitely have some chemistry and are at least more interesting than Anna/Finn. Finn's 100% going to be Chase's father, so they also could play that out and then just send Finn and Jackie off together into the sunset. I wouldn't miss either of them.

The "where is Sonny?" storyline is so lame. I can't imagine even casual viewers are remotely concerned that they'd actually kill him off, so what's the point? At the very least, make him legit presumed dead for a bit so Jax/Carly can hook up. 

Jason definitely seems a bit more alert in his scenes with Britt compared to Sam. I just don't want Britt to be saddled down by him, especially because she'll always come third to Carly and Sonny. 

Are TJ and Molly the most mature couple on the show? Possibly. That being said, it kind of made for a bit of a lackluster reveal about the whole Brando situation. I'm guessing it's because they're taking Brando in a different direction now that they have him in Sasha's orbit every five minutes? I definitely prefer Brando/Sasha to any of Sasha's other onscreen partners, but they also could head off forever and wouldn't be missed.

• Love 1

I would prefer Sonny go missing long enough to either put Jason/Carly together OR have Carly actually become the superior mob boss due to her brazen moves. Just anything besides Sonny just turning back up and everything goes back to samey samey. 

I laughed when NLG booped Finn on the nose with her finger as he clearly was not expecting it. 

• Love 6
On 12/31/2020 at 9:20 PM, statsgirl said:

Isn't that Edward's MO?

Hmm. Edward, to my knowledge, has knocked up three women - Mary Mae, Jimmy Lee's mother, and Lila. While Sonny...*counts on fingers* Olivia, Lily, Carly, Alexis, Sam, Claudia, Ava - seven women. Since that's more than twice Edward's total of baby mamas, I think we can call it Sonny's MO.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought of it as Edward's MO to have a woman in another town appear with his child. For Sonny, that's only been Olivia.

Wasn't there someone in Greece too? Something about a painting?

Oh, that stupid story. I've forgotten most of it, but I think Tracy suspected that the owner of the painting (I don't even remember what it was a painting of!) might be Edward's daughter, but she just turned out to be a con artist? Or something?

I think Jimmy Lee is the only kid of Edward's to pop out of the blue. Poor Bradley Ward had been dead and buried in the Spencer's back yard for decades before we heard about him.

I finally got around to watching Wednesday’s episode. On any other show, the declarations of undying love/ loyalty between Carly and Jason would be a clear precursor to romance. But I’m not buying it. This show has teased a hookup for so long without delivering that I think we’re supposed to think of them as tragic star-crossed lovers who never quite get the timing right. Or something. I just want them to shit or get off the freaking pot.

Did anyone else get a chuckle out of Cyrus growling “Son of a BITCH!” while hurling barware? Makes me wonder if he is not actually Laura’s brother, but Sonny’s. (Just kidding, but really, the resemblance was uncanny.)

• Love 2