Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Uh, Carly, any decent parent loves their family and wants to keep them safe. That's not something unique to Sonny.

Jesus, what's next?  Praising him for not running red lights?  

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I love the idea of Laura and Martin working together to take down Cyrus.

Me, too!  GF and MEK work well together.  

• Love 7

Absolutely. Carly doesn't "love" Jason; she's obsessed with him and has been since back when he was in love with Robin.

Honestly, I wish Carly and Jason would go there again. Carly has been obsessed with Jason for 25 years, and brain-injured Jason imprinted on her like a baby duck. It would be the most interesting, explosive event to happen in years if done correctly (ha), it would completely reset much of the canvas. There would be no happily ever after.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Jesus, what's next?  Praising him for not running red lights?  

Did you notice the difference between the writing for Sonny and the writing for Cyrus? Sonny is praised to high heaven by his family, his friends. Sonny is great. But Cyrus's brother has nothing but contempt for him and what he's become. His mother isn't what I would call fond of her son.

One is written realistically. The other, not so much.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Why were Julian's hands crossed over his chest in that body bag, like he was being posed at a funeral?!

Why did they pull Julian from the river, put him in a body bag, move him three feet to the shore, then reopen the body bag for the cop to see it?  I get that they wanted the "big reveal' when they opened the bag (oh noes, will it be Sonny?) but it was just so stupidly done.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 12/19/2020 at 5:00 AM, 30 Helens said:

Re. Joss: I don’t think the show knows what to do with her. They tried giving her an epic love story with a dying boy a la Robin and Stone, but that didn’t have quite the same resonance. I assume there were big plans with her and Dev, but that fizzled. Is the triangle with Cam and Trina still happening? Because that’s also been a big dud.

I think they would like to position Joss as the show’s next leading lady, but the actress doesn’t have either the charisma or the talent to pull it off.  It doesn’t help that her main sidekick, Trina, out-sparkles her in every interaction.  

I can’t hate Joss because she looks and sounds so much like my actual niece, it’s uncanny. But unlike my niece, she’s just boring. They need to recast or send the character back to the corn fields, which is where she peaked, IMO.

I realised reading this -  they've tried to do two massive GH stories featuring Joss. One was the liver storyline (when Jake was "dead") replicating BJ's heart and then the Oscar/Joss = Robin/Stone. Both were duds. now I know that This Joss couldn't at all be held responsible for the first, but even then when they did the whole "Liver is failing" thing (that's when Nelle got brought in right?) - it still wasn't grab at you.  When KS was first introduced. her first story was her rejecting her heart, and it was extremely well done and it brought up a tonne of memories of when Maxie herself first got sick. 

it doesn't help that both the liver story (and the emotional impact was completely removed when they made Jake alive again). and the Oscar/Joss storyline wasn't really well written to begin with. But I've been watching clips and it didn't really drive me to find the lead up and everything in the middle and the end (unlike Robin/Stone). 

Some of that is Joss's actress but i think the writing doesn't help either

Also also I saw the preview for the week. 
why are they being teases and making me think Sonny could be dead. And so close to Christmas. 😞 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Why did they pull Julian from the river, put him in a body bag, move him three feet to the shore, then reopen the body bag for the cop to see it?  I get that they wanted the "big reveal' when they opened the bag (oh noes, will it be Sonny?) but it was just so stupidly done.  

Because Frank want everyone to know that Julian is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD and isn't coming back to life.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 12/19/2020 at 4:45 PM, perkie1968 said:

Ok, so with Cyrus being Laura's half brother, that means Lulu, Lucky and Nikolas are his half neice/nephew. Making, Rocco, Charlotte, Aiden and Spencer his half great neice/nephew.

So that means Sonny is Spencer's uncle while Cyrus is his great uncle. Sonny is Rocco's grandfather while Cyrus is his great uncle. Valentin is Charlotte's father, while Martin/Cyrus are her great uncles.

I have a headache

• LOL 1
35 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I know!!! Why not just drag his body to the beach and then put him in the body bag? They could still keep the mystery of who it really was for those who actually think it might be Mooby by just showing the officers’ backs. It’s so stupid.

All the scenes with Dante and SheBeast had me heaving.

Laura, Martin, and Cyrus saved the show for me. Genie was just so good! As was Kober.

YAY! Robert tomorrow!!!!

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Daisy said:

why are they being teases and making me think Sonny could be dead. And so close to Christmas.

Because when he drags his sorry butt into the Corinthi living room, on Christmas Eve where everyone will have gathered to cry over him, we will all rejoice for the Christmas miracle.  

25 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Because Frank want everyone to know that Julian is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD and isn't coming back to life.

He could still be alive.  He looked dead, but the cops took him away and nursed him back to health, and he'll come back in two years as Mulian Merome, the new CEO of Aquafina (or whatever the heck Drew/Sam's half of the company is called)

7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

wonder who is going to take Julian's place as PC's punching bag. 

Cyrus

7 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I have a headache

Don't get me started on Michael's 2 degrees of seperation of almost everyone in town.  

• LOL 2
On 12/19/2020 at 5:00 AM, 30 Helens said:

Re. Joss: I don’t think the show knows what to do with her. They tried giving her an epic love story with a dying boy a la Robin and Stone, but that didn’t have quite the same resonance. I assume there were big plans with her and Dev, but that fizzled. Is the triangle with Cam and Trina still happening? Because that’s also been a big dud.

I think they would like to position Joss as the show’s next leading lady, but the actress doesn’t have either the charisma or the talent to pull it off.  It doesn’t help that her main sidekick, Trina, out-sparkles her in every interaction.  

I can’t hate Joss because she looks and sounds so much like my actual niece, it’s uncanny. But unlike my niece, she’s just boring. They need to recast or send the character back to the corn fields, which is where she peaked, IMO.

I've said it before and said it again - making the teenage Joss this milquetoast good girl a la Starr instead of a hellion who is the karma that Carly so justly deserves was a huge mistake.  Donna better rain the hellfire down when she comes of age.

28 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Because when he drags his sorry butt into the Corinthi living room, on Christmas Eve where everyone will have gathered to cry over him, we will all rejoice for the Christmas miracle. 

Oh barf, that's totally what's going to happen.  "Our Teflon mafia daddy isn't dead, what a Christmas miracle."  Please.

• Love 5

Sonny

will be away from Port Charles but on screen for a bit.

At least Dante and Carly didn't hug.

And of course they had to retcon to come up with a decent thing Sonny did besides pay for the Stone AIDS wing. He did not help them buy the house, he just got another buyer to rescind their offer.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:
Did you notice the difference between the writing for Sonny and the writing for Cyrus? Sonny is praised to high heaven by his family, his friends. Sonny is great. But Cyrus's brother has nothing but contempt for him and what he's become. His mother isn't what I would call fond of her son.

One is written realistically. The other, not so much.

One is acted, the other is mumbled.

I thought that scenes with the Grey family were very well done and gave all four actors good material. I almost felt sorry for Cyrus begging his mother for love, and then hated him in his scenes with Laura. They've spent months making him one-note and ineffectual but now it seems like they've taken off the leading strings and he's turning into complex character.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

He could still be alive.  He looked dead, but the cops took him away and nursed him back to health, and he'll come back in two years as Mulian Merome, the new CEO of Aquafina (or whatever the heck Drew/Sam's half of the company is called)

I love it! They say you're not dead until you're warm and dead, and he was definitely icy from that river.

They really wrecked Julian these last few months but he still has potential.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

And of course they had to retcon to come up with a decent thing Sonny did besides pay for the Stone AIDS wing. He did not help them buy the house, he just got another buyer to rescind their offer.

Did he lean on the other buyer like a proper mob boss?

That Sonny, such a saint.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

He did not help them buy the house, he just got another buyer to rescind their offer.

I picture cement shoes for the other buyer.

I wonder how they will explain Laura's absence at the clinic, since everyone seemed to have signed in/referred under their real names?

Hey Finn, you're recovering from a GSW and have to work tomorrow -- tell your dad an idiot brother to take a raincheck.

Oh yeah, Peter, girls can be sociopaths, too.  I don't know why you think you dodged a bullet by not having a son.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I've said it before and said it again - making the teenage Joss this milquetoast good girl a la Starr instead of a hellion who is the karma that Carly so justly deserves was a huge mistake.  Donna better rain the hellfire down when she comes of age.

Oh barf, that's totally what's going to happen.  "Our Teflon mafia daddy isn't dead, what a Christmas miracle."  Please.

Seeing EM now, I don’t think she can pull off playing a more interesting character so it’s a wash to me but I did use to hope for it. Especially since she had plenty of reason to hate Sonny because of him being the reason she didn’t have a full time dad. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I wish there was an error that meant no LWB/FS spawn.

Well that too, pal. That too.

On paper I think Peter is interesting. On the screen, eeeeeh.

2 hours ago, paisley said:

Was anyone else chanting "Please let it be Sonny when they unzipped the body bag?

I was thinking, I bet FV is gonna make a cameo riiiiiiight now about a random dude who pees on Julian's body. Alas, it did not happen.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

You could definitely make a case for poor Cyrus, but he seems to think that power and money is what will buy him the love and respect of his mother and she clearly wants none of that.

Those scenes with Cyrus and his Mommy issues were both sad and gross at the same time. Throwing his $100 bills and Black Card at a sick old lady? He clearly doesn't understand that money and power don't make someone a good person. There are many of us who may never have an Amex Black Card, but we're still decent folks. Florence probably feels that way to. But at least we now know what motivates Cyrus.

15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I love the idea of Laura and Martin working together to take down Cyrus.

Me too, and I hope/have a feeling that's how it's going to play out. Laura may have empathy, but Cyrus' role in what happened to Lulu is going to be the deciding factor in her going Mama Bear on his ass. It would be refreshing to see someone other than the ineffectual duo of Sonny and Jason be the one to take down the Big Bad.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Btw Valentin, you're quite delusional if you think Charlotte has been a good girl this year. Such thinking is why she's a spoiled brat. 

Seriously. Her misdeeds in the 2020 calendar year include the anti-Sasha vandalism at Crimson, causing the accident that injured Jax, and putting the snake (which she stole Valentin's credit card to buy) in Ava's purse. I guess we're supposed to think she was a perfect little angel when the show was off the air and then when she got back-burnered, but even if so, she put herself in quite a hole in the first three months.  

I noticed that Carly said she's started noticing how much Dante is like his dad since he got back to town. Yeah. Brooding, secretive, morose, haunted, and psychologically unbalanced. No wonder she's newly fond. 

The difference is, Dante wasn't always like this. He has had very recent traumatic experiences including torture and brainwashing to account for it, and his wife wasn't in an explosion because of him. Sonny brought a lot of his misery on himself with his way of life. The only part he was blameless in was the stuff about being put in the closet as a kid, which was getting really old when he was still complaining about it at 40. (Not that I'm dismissive of childhood abuse and trauma as a serious thing people never really get over, but he certainly didn't have any impediment to seeking help for it, and he preferred to wallow and use it as a justification.)

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

I noticed that Carly said she's started noticing how much Dante is like his dad since he got back to town. Yeah. Brooding, secretive, morose, haunted, and psychologically unbalanced. No wonder she's newly fond. 

When the hell balls did Carly even observe this? This is the first time they've seen each other since he returned.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I thought that scenes with the Grey family were very well done and gave all four actors good material. I almost felt sorry for Cyrus begging his mother for love, and then hated him in his scenes with Laura. They've spent months making him one-note and ineffectual but now it seems like they've taken off the leading strings and he's turning into complex character.

I think the story was in a holding pattern because of Genie's absence.

Someone with a good memory. Yesterday when they showed Julian's body, he was wearing dog tags around his neck. I have been racking my brain to try and remember if we ever saw him with them before or if that was the first time. Why would Julian even have dog tags in the first place?

The scenes between Cyrus/Martin/Laura were such good soap. Especially the Cyrus/Laura confrontation in the hall. 

Do all mobsters have such Mommy issues? or just GH mobsters? I mean, Cyrus is seeking power because he couldnt regain mom's love, and Sonny became a crook because his mom married a cop who was abusive. 

(of course, Tony Soprano also had some major mommy issues, so maybe there's something to this...)

• Love 4

The dog tags struck me too. As far as I know Julian's never served. Are we supposed to think that there was some kind of person switch?

If Peter is wondering about sociopaths , he need look no further than his own birth mother, even if he thinks she is his aunt, kidnapping Maxie and shooting Finn.

16 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Do all mobsters have such Mommy issues? or just GH mobsters? I mean, Cyrus is seeking power because he couldnt regain mom's love, and Sonny became a crook because his mom married a cop who was abusive.

Mothers are a convenient scapegoat. I'm old enough that in my undergrad psych classes we were taught the double bind theory, that schizophrenia was caused by a cold and demanding mother. Even though it was anout family dynamics, somehow they never mentioned the father.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I've said it before and said it again - making the teenage Joss this milquetoast good girl a la Starr instead of a hellion who is the karma that Carly so justly deserves was a huge mistake.  

It would not only be good karma, it would make sense for Joss to inherit some of her mother’s selfish/ manipulative qualities. Now that Carly has settled into a matriarchal role and become more of a busybody than a schemer, the show needs someone from the younger set to step into that role. Not sure the current Joss has the chops to pull it off (she’s no Sarah Brown), but it would be a natural evolution for the character.

I don’t know why the show feels the need to make all the 2nd gen Corinthii so wholesome and bland. First Michael, now Joss. (Not to mention Morgan, who was rewritten in death as a penguin-loving saint.) I expect Donna will be entering the nearest convent as soon as she’s old enough.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

(of course, Tony Soprano also had some major mommy issues, so maybe there's something to this...)

That particular trope seems to go back a long time. Old-timers like me probably remember James Cagney's mobster in White Heat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar6kRtCuuUo

Ah, if only the Moobster could go out like that....

And sadly, Tony Soprano was a much more lovable mob boss than Sonny, but of course mileage may vary.🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think the story was in a holding pattern because of Genie's absence.

Someone with a good memory. Yesterday when they showed Julian's body, he was wearing dog tags around his neck. I have been racking my brain to try and remember if we ever saw him with them before or if that was the first time. Why would Julian even have dog tags in the first place?

The dog tags aren’t new but I’m not sure why Julian wears them. Maybe they belong to the actor? A few people were posting old Julian scenes/gifs on Twitter and he was wearing them in some old sex scene with Alexis 

4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

The dog tags aren’t new but I’m not sure why Julian wears them. Maybe they belong to the actor? A few people were posting old Julian scenes/gifs on Twitter and he was wearing them in some old sex scene with Alexis 

Maybe when Franco recovers more of Drew's memories, he will see that the person directing Peter from kidnapping Jason was actually Julian who haning out with military people because reasons and Sam will once again be angry at him and will kick his headstone to the ground.

• LOL 4

I don't know the ethical rules for lawyers. Is Diane allowed to do that, have Alexis use her one phone call to call her lawyer and then refuse to let her bail herself out unless she does what Diane wants?  (Health care ethics say that if you refuse to help a patient, it is your responsibility to find someone else who will help them.)

What a downer episode, except possibly the Geneva scenes. I'm glad Alexis refused to be blackmailed.

Robert, stay away from Jackie. She has too much baggage.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't know the ethical rules for lawyers. Is Diane allowed to do that, have Alexis use her one phone call to call her lawyer and then refuse to let her bail herself out unless she does what Diane wants?  (Health care ethics say that if you refuse to help a patient, it is your responsibility to find someone else who will help them.)

I don't know why anyone still wonders about what's ethical and what's not. This is a show where criminals are usually defended as good people come hell or high water.

The show wasn't bad, but I really don't care for Jason and Carly searching for Sonny and crying over Sonny. I'm gonna go on pretending that he drowned until his no good ass pops back up.

So Finn wondered if Chase was his son and decided to take Jackie at her word instead of doing a paternity test. I guess the upcoming wedding is about to be cracked like a piñata. Finn's secrets, Jackie's secrets, Peter's grossness, Anna's secret about him. Just blow everything up, show.  

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

until his no good ass pops back up.

2:55pm on Christmas Eve is my prediction.  Though "Christmas Eve" may not be Thursday for people in PC, so it could happen next week, but will still be the eve.  Who else is putting money on this?!!

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Finn wondered if Chase was his son and decided to take Jackie at her word instead of doing a paternity test. I

I love how he said Jackie told him the dates didn't match up.  Uhm, well, if Chase's birthday is anywhere from 36 to 42 weeks after the wedding, the chances are pretty good that Chase is his.  If Chase's birthday is not nine months from the night they slept together, there would be no question, so I think we're heading for a Finn's the daddy story.  I do understand that he didn't want to break up the little family by pushing it and finding out the truth. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What a downer episode, except possibly the Geneva scenes. I'm glad Alexis refused to be blackmailed.

Robert, stay away from Jackie. She has too much baggage.

33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't know why anyone still wonders about what's ethical and what's not. This is a show where criminals are usually defended as good people come hell or high water.

Seriously. Everything is ASSBACKWARDS. Just like what Diane pulled with the Jersey cops! Herself acting as if she was in court, in front of some inept judge, rattling off that case. I like Diane, less and less, the more I see her.

But that's the way it's been for YEARS now. At least back in the mid to late 90s, we had competent cops who called Mooby on his criminal behavior and not everyone sucked up to his ass.

41 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Finn wondered if Chase was his son and decided to take Jackie at her word instead of doing a paternity test. I guess the upcoming wedding is about to be cracked like a piñata. Finn's secrets, Jackie's secrets, Peter's grossness, Anna's secret about him. Just blow everything up, show.  

Did someone just watch that episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent where that happened? Except that the younger wife was a skank who seduced her teenage stepson?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

2:55pm on Christmas Eve is my prediction.  Though "Christmas Eve" may not be Thursday for people in PC, so it could happen next week, but will still be the eve.  Who else is putting money on this?!!

Do you want to know the spoiler?

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Do you want to know the spoiler?

Am i close?!!

1 hour ago, DanaK said:

What happened after Alexis chose jail over rehab? 

An officer took her away while Sam glared at her.  Then Chase told Sam that Julian was found dead.  

Wow, while Olivia gave the appearance of being heartbroken over hearing Julian was dead, I saw no tears actually fall down her face! And call me cynical, but since she acted like he was something to be scraped off her shoe like 💩 the last few times she was in scenes with him,  I wasn’t moved by her lack of tears or grief. Even if it was as a proxy for Leo.

Both Diane and Sam can just STFU and fall off the nearest pier. Alexis should have just said she’d take her chances with a public defender and FIRED Diane’s hypocritical ASS.

How many times is Sam going to tell Alexis it’s her way or the highway? Just go back and sulk in your Jason’s condo.

Oh Tracy.😣🥺

💗💞💓💗ROBERT!!!!💗💞💓💗

• Love 5

Jason has his priorities  -- he went straight to Carly to tell her about Sonny and drive her back and didn't even pause to tell Sam that her father, and his son's grandfather, had died. She had to hear it from the police.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Jason has his priorities  -- he went straight to Carly to tell her about Sonny and drive her back and didn't even pause to tell Sam that her father, and his son's grandfather, had died. She had to hear it from the police.

I actually thought that Olivia was bawling because SheBeast might have called to tell her Mooby had fallen in the river! So color me shocked when. “Julian” came out of her mouth!

• Love 1

So when do we think nuLucas will get the news about Julian?  March?

I just don't understand why they're doing this latest "Is Sonny Dead?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?" story now.  It would never fool us, but expecting us to believe that they're killing Sonny the week of Christmas is just insulting.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just don't understand why they're doing this latest "Is Sonny Dead?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?" story now?  It would never fool us, but expecting us to believe that they're killing Sonny the week of Christmas is just insulting.

Dear Sonny haters,
Christmas has come early!

Psych!!!!

• LOL 6
19 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:
21 hours ago, ulkis said:

I suspect there was an error and the Paxie baby is a boy.

I wish there was an error that meant no LWB/FS spawn.

I'm legit hoping for a tock.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Just blow everything up, show.  

The show does do this every so often, so fingers crossed!

2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He’s too busy up Nina’s ass.

He’s been the WORST friend to Alexis since his return.

This gives me sadness 😞

Alexis needs a true friend in her corner so she can start to recover.

• Love 1