Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

Dear Corinthii, in case you are not aware, it is perfectly fine just to sit with Mike and hold his hand. You do not have to blather on and on about how he is barely breathing and tell him all your narcissistic fantasies about all the times he will miss complimenting you. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I guess I'm supposed to be just OUTRAGED that Britt's considering dumping a SERIAL KILLER from the hospital payroll, but...

* checks notes *

Nope!  

Totally agree with "Nope!"  Does he have any sort of degree that qualifies him to be an art therapist? I think not. A background of turning dead bodies into art does NOT count. The art therapists I have known have multiple master's degrees and a deep commitment to what they do. Just by the fact that Franco scoffed to Elizabeth he's an art therapist now instead of a "real artist" shows he doesn't deserve the job in addition to not doing the work to earn the position.

6 hours ago, lala2 said:

I am sure people will disagree, but I just don't have any sympathy for Brook Lynn, and I really wish Ned would not bother w/her. I'm not saying write her off completely, but I'm sick of seeing him beg her to forgive him. Tell her she knows your number and how to reach out if she needs you and then let it go. I really hope he does that b/c IMO, she is way too old to be behaving this way. Maybe if she were 20 and didn't know about life, I'd buy her anger at her dad, but she is in the 30+ club. Yes, her dad was upset (and rightfully so) about the shares, but when she was injured, it puts things in perspective for him. How does she not get that? Is she literally 5? Grow up, Brook Lynn! 

I totally agree. She was a stupid, immature brat for giving away her shares and how she behaved with her family, and she was just plain stupid to confront/yell at Nelle without backup when she is aware of Nelle's history. 

6 hours ago, lala2 said:

I think you give the show far more credit. Ron C. really wanted Todd Manning on GH. He was very upset when he had to pull Todd, Starr, and John McBain for the short-lived OLTL online series. When PP failed, it was my understanding he wanted those actors back and wanted characters that couldn't be snatched back from him so he came up w/Kiki and Silas. I'm not sure why he chose Franco for Roger, but he did and then he went right back to the RoHo/LW pairing b/c they generated massive amts of heat as Todd and Carly. I loved Cranco. Then, they did Frina - another pairing I loved. According to Jelly, when they got on board, they thought Frina was too isolated and broke them up. From what I understand, Frina had a lot of fans as did Roger's Franco so, I don't think it was a matter of making viewers like him. By then, IMO, you either liked Franco or you didn't. Being w/Liz wasn't going to change anyone's minds. 

I guess I don't know why Jason's murdering and being a mobster is not also a cause for concern  . . . but we can agree to disagree. 

My point is if she's happy with him, and her kids are happy w/him, she shouldn't care what the rest of PC thinks. She shouldn't live her life worried about the opinions of others. Who cares if PC thinks she has poor judgment? 

I bolded your first sentence because I don't understand it.  I should have been more clear I guess that I meant the Show thought they could force the audience to accept the narrative that Franco was redeemed/now a good man whom the audience should really like because he got together with legacy character Elizabeth after being involved with train wreck women like Carly and Nina. He did creepy and/or illegal things while he was with them (for example, being Nina's accomplice in running away with baby Avery after she forced Ava into labor and kidnapped Avery). 

Of course Jason murdering and being a mobster is bad, but it's not really a concern for Elizabeth's kids because Jake rarely sees Jason as far as we know (the last time I recall Jake being in Jason and Sam's home with them and Danny was Halloween 2019), and Cam has seen him in the last year due to unusual circumstances - going to court, and also being a kidnapping victim along with Trina. I'm not sure if Aiden even knows Jason other than he's Jake father. Franco, on the other hand, is the boys' live-in stepfather. Jake looks up to him. Their home got raided by police as a result of Franco getting arrested; Elizabeth herself said that was traumatic for them.

Elizabeth will never be the kind of person who doesn't care what the rest of Port Charles thinks.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I should have been more clear I guess that I meant the Show thought they could force the audience to accept the narrative that Franco was redeemed/now a good man whom the audience should really like because he got together with legacy character Elizabeth after being involved with train wreck women like Carly and Nina. He did creepy and/or illegal things while he was with them (for example, being Nina's accomplice in running away with baby Avery after she forced Ava into labor and kidnapped Avery).

He's done creepy and illegal things with Elizabeth too, their courtship started with him hiding in the backseat of her car and trapping her in an elevator!

• Love 2

Jason:  You gave sonny what he needed. You gave him a chance to forgive you and a chance to make things right. Thank you. You're a good father, mike. You should be proud.

Think of all the years Sonny belittled you and shunned you for your gambling addiction.  Good times.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

He's done creepy and illegal things with Elizabeth too, their courtship started with him hiding in the backseat of her car and trapping her in an elevator!

Yes, I mentioned Franco hiding in the backseat of her car to @lala2 in a previous response.  But I get that RH's Franco has fans regardless of his creepy and illegal actions. 

• Love 2

@Bringonthedrama - I don't remember Franco hiding in Liz's backseat. When did that happen? 

I believe Roger had been on GH for 2-3 years before he hooked up w/Liz. So, my feeling is most viewers had already decided how they felt about him at that point. I don't think the writers were trying to get anyone to like him by hooking him up w/Liz. That's all I'm saying. By the time he hooked up w/her, you either liked the character or you didn't.

It's my understanding that he has always been fairly popular at fan events and has been mostly liked by the larger audience. What I've found is that most soap viewers don't care as much as those of us who get on these message boards. Most ppl just watch and turn it off w/o giving it a second thought. I think that is the majority of the viewers. They pretty much like all the characters it seems. 

My main point is I don't think Liz is so loved and adored that any man she's with is automatically loved and adored too. That's why your theory doesn't make sense to me. If Franco was so unpopular, I feel like they would have just gotten rid of him and brought RoHo back as someone else like they did with ME. But again, we will never truly know. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 2

I sometimes feel like Liz is a good girl phase that most of these guys have to go through. as they figure shit out.  Ric, Zander, Lucky, AJ, Drew, Jason, Franco, Nikolas, creepy doctor Ewan.  Not one of these guys has been squeaky clean, and they all used her in one way or another for their own ends, even if it was just to feel better about themselves.  

There are very few men that I wouldn't watch her with for at least a little while, but I don't care for the pattern.

Friz is no worse than Liz marrying Ric when she was pregnant with Cameron after the panic room and nearly killing her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

Friz is no worse than Liz marrying Ric when she was pregnant with Cameron after the panic room and nearly killing her.

Ric was appreciably worse, in my opinion. One thing they've successfully sold to me is that Franco is all about Liz, loves her and her sons. Ric was always as Sonny-fixated as Jason, and thus was contaminated in the way of all Sonny satellites. Even when he was at his most anti-Sonny, it was clear enough who the center of his universe was.  

On Friz: I think the actors work well together, and I like both of them, but I've never really been a fan. The pairing brings out this eager-to-please puppy-dog side of RoHo that I don't think is his strongest suit. I know Friz is supposed to be the "root-for" couple in this quad story, but I really do prefer Franco with Ava, and Liz with this Nikolas.

• Love 6

I'm a Friz fan, but honestly I could go either way right now.  NuNik has good chem with Liz and I was into Niz when they hooked up before (IDK, it was hot) and Frava have such an amazing chem and relationship.  I am torn, but the good news is that I will be happy no matter who ends up with who in this quad, unlike most.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, ouinason said:

I sometimes feel like Liz is a good girl phase that most of these guys have to go through. as they figure shit out.  Ric, Zander, Lucky, AJ, Drew, Jason, Franco, Nikolas, creepy doctor Ewan.  Not one of these guys has been squeaky clean, and they all used her in one way or another for their own ends, even if it was just to feel better about themselves.  

Until Lucky was recast, the original was “squeaky clean” and he helped Elizabeth in the aftermath of her rape and they fell in love. I don’t recall any version of Lucky using her. They “dirtied” up Yeller McYelleraon with that RIDONKULOUS brainwashing that would make him on the same fighting level as Jaysus, and cheating on Elizabeth with her sister-said recast Sarah, also sniffing around him again, and urging Elizabeth to go after Jaysus. And even more so with Vaughn’s Lucky with the drug addiction and more cheating, when she and Lucky had found each other again and were happy.

Yes, I’ll forever be bitter at the destruction of Elizabeth and Lucky. Even when Jonathan returned for that brief visit when he found Jake, the connection and chemistry was still there with those two.

Brookie is such an entitled, spoiled TWAT. She’s acting more like a toddler/tween than the 30-something woman she is. It’s because of that “stupid ELQ” or whatever she said, that she’s been able to live such a privileged life. I want her voice to be ruined and see how long Oliviaaaaa will let her live at the hotel. Oh, wait. Since she gave the clue that saved Wiley, they’ll let her stay there forever, for free.😒😒😒🙄🙄🙄

Also? Shut up, Ned. Not regarding Brookie, but him lambasting Lucy. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, I’ll forever be bitter at the destruction of Elizabeth and Lucky. Even when Jonathan returned for that brief visit when he found Jake, the connection and chemistry was still there with those two.

Totally. I'll forever be bitter that the Gooze had Becky, Jonathan, and Tyler all at the same time (three of the fantastic four from the late-'90s youth set), and he gave them the nasty story he gave them. Then don't even remind me of the Siobhan era.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Jason:  You gave sonny what he needed. You gave him a chance to forgive you and a chance to make things right. Thank you. You're a good father, mike. You should be proud.

Think of all the years Sonny belittled you and shunned you for your gambling addiction.  Good times.

It's always about Sonny, UGH. And frankly, what will he do without that massive grudge to hold onto? That fueled a lot of his life and basically put him in the mob.

6 hours ago, ouinason said:

That's a gross pattern now that you point it out. I also think that's true of most of the men on the show, and I don't think the show quite realizes it. The men are always using their partners to become better people, so they don't have to do the work themselves.

4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I really do prefer Franco with Ava, and Liz with this Nikolas.

I like Franco and Ava as friends—their aren't enough platonic friendships on the show, IMO—and I hate Elizabeth and Nik because of his emotional toying with her. He uses her as a backup fuck too often. She lets him, but he's the grosser one, IMO.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

and I hate Elizabeth and Nik because of his emotional toying with her. He uses her as a backup fuck too often.

Exactly. Not a minute after she said she'd forgiven him, instead of trying to repair the friendship, or earn back her trust fully, and have the one friend, he makes a move on her in a sexual manner. Gee, I wonder what will happen when she finds out that he's in cahoots with Spencer, even if that plain failed, they're still not at odds--something he told Elizabeth that they were.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Until Lucky was recast, the original was “squeaky clean” and he helped Elizabeth in the aftermath of her rape and they fell in love. I don’t recall any version of Lucky using her. They “dirtied” up Yeller McYelleraon with that RIDONKULOUS brainwashing that would make him on the same fighting level as Jaysus, and cheating on Elizabeth with her sister-said recast Sarah, also sniffing around him again, and urging Elizabeth to go after Jaysus. And even more so with Vaughn’s Lucky with the drug addiction and more cheating, when she and Lucky had found each other again and were happy.

Brookie is such an entitled, spoiled TWAT. She’s acting more like a toddler/tween than the 30-something woman she is. It’s because of that “stupid ELQ” or whatever she said, that she’s been able to live such a privileged life. I want her voice to be ruined and see how long Oliviaaaaa will let her live at the hotel. Oh, wait. Since she gave the clue that saved Wiley, they’ll let her stay there forever, for free.😒😒😒🙄🙄🙄

Also? Shut up, Ned. Not regarding Brookie, but him lambasting Lucy. 

The brainwashing thing had been hinted with Lucky going back to the JJ days though when Stefan gave Lucky that video game. The story just got squashed because Guza left for Sunset Beach then he brought it back with JY.

Lucky was specifically "dirtied" up because he was in the way of Jason's new pairing, which was Liz, which never even ended up happening really, but damage was done and Jason skated as usual.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Exactly. Not a minute after she said she'd forgiven him, instead of trying to repair the friendship, or earn back her trust fully, and have the one friend, he makes a move on her in a sexual manner. Gee, I wonder what will happen when she finds out that he's in cahoots with Spencer, even if that plain failed, they're still not at odds--something he told Elizabeth that they were.

When GH wants Nik's Stavros/Stefan side to come out is when Liz is thrown in. That's why this story makes no sense, and has no weight, without Lucky. Nik wants to take the Spencer man's true love like Stavros and Stefan did. They wrote it that way in the CS days, when Helena wanted Nik to have Liz so it would drive a wedge between him and the Spencers, and again in 2010 Helena compared Nik to Stavros. In fact, the story Guza was going to do was have Liz carted off at the end (and off the show) in a similar manner to Laura when he fired Becky.

Guza never wanted to do the Nik/Liz story, it was something TC pushed for and Jill made happen. Guza said no for the longest time but then agreed to do it when Rebecca wasn't working. Guza said he wanted to do a triangle with Nik and Lucky and said he didn't care who the girl in the middle was. TC was fine with it when GV was there but when JJ showed up suddenly it was the worse thing to ever happen to Nikolas according to TC. Apparently he was fine with it as long as he was still the pet. It sure didn't matter when Zander and Jax went under the bus to justify him stealing the girl because he was a pet.

Actually, I think the original story Guza was going to do was Nikolas obsessing over Rebecca being Emily and then Lucky/Emily falling for each other, which would have been a better story for Nikolas, but the Niz affair was more about Lucky (although that was because JJ came back. I have no doubt Lucky would've made to look bad like Zander and Jax to justify Nik stealing the woman had GV stayed). Nik using Rebecca to replace Emily instead of Liz made more sense.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, lala2 said:

@Bringonthedrama - I don't remember Franco hiding in Liz's backseat. When did that happen? 

If Franco was so unpopular, I feel like they would have just gotten rid of him and brought RoHo back as someone else like they did with ME. But again, we will never truly know. 

Franco hid in her backseat on 8-17-16.  It gave her a scare, and she was angry because it was a creepy move and she definitely locked her car. His response was well, your window was open a little bit so that gave me the opportunity to break-in and this was the only way because I have to talk to you. She told him she didn't think she could be with him because his past continues to pop up and that makes her uncomfortable. He then launched into the "please believe in me" clinging/begging behavior ... and here we are.

The elevator incident that Teevee329 mentioned was before that, on 7-14-16. He was confronting her about believing/not believing in him.

Another scene in my opinion that told me she was getting together with Franco because of her own issues was on 7-29-16. Franco asks why she's on a date with him after she pushed him away. She responds that Ric was giving her a hard time because she was friends with him, and that she was putting her boys at risk. She got angry and called Franco to spite Ric. She flat out said that she thought she should give Franco the benefit of the doubt. An emotionally healthy and mature woman who thinks she deserves a great man doesn't get together with a guy to spite an ex even though she has real doubts about the guy, or go out with a man who forces her to be alone with him - twice in a stalkerish way  - so she'll talk to him/re-assure him of his worth as a human. 

I don't know about Franco's general popularity with an audience, but I do believe Show runners can double down on a character or storyline to get their way instead of acknowledging they've made a mistake. 

9 hours ago, ouinason said:

I sometimes feel like Liz is a good girl phase that most of these guys have to go through. as they figure shit out.

used her in one way or another for their own ends, even if it was just to feel better about themselves.  

There are very few men that I wouldn't watch her with for at least a little while, but I don't care for the pattern.

These are excellent points, @ouinason! I totally agree with you about Franco w/Liz and Ric w/Liz.

However, Franco irritates me more than Ric did because in my opinion RH plays him as a perpetual man-child caricature. He is this guy obsessed with being the only man who matters to Elizabeth and her sons, who reacts in anger that people aren't just over his serial-killer past, who chomps on food while talking, who thinks his art therapist job is beneath him, who makes weird facial contortions, who resorts to pouting often. I think my favorite line from Elizabeth to Franco ever was when he spoke about accepting never having love after breaking up with Nina, and in response she called him out for being a self-pitying whiner.  Yet she tends to tolerate that behavior from him through their marriage.

The only time in the past that I felt like RH's acting conveyed that he is a regular, real guy who is not always self-focused was in his scenes with BM's Drew when they were kidnapped by Betsy's ex the child molester and when Drew's son was ill/dying.  It seemed like BM brought out the best in RH.  I also find RH more or less tolerable when he is in scenes with MW as Ava.

I prefer acting that comes off as organic, like teenage Robin with tears in her eyes acknowledging quietly to Laura Spencer that her parents aren't coming back, or Elizabeth in moments of quiet fear and then joy/relief at seeing her son Cameron is safe after a kidnapping, or the look on Dr. Tony Jones's face as he listened to BJ's heart after the bus accident. What I'm saying is, yelling, flailing, whining and weird facial expressions do nothing for me. I have the same reaction when Sonny throws barware, whisper-threatens someone, etc. 

I honestly don't care if Elizabeth gets with Nikolas or not. It just makes me feel a little better about her character to see her connecting with a former/current friend/former lover who knew her first love, was there when two of her kids were born, remembers her friendship with Emily. Elizabeth's life has been mostly consumed with Franco in recent years. Her only "friends" are Terry who was never a part of her life growing up in Port Charles and is rarely seen, and her co-worker Epiphany who the show decided should be a stand-in for Emily or Robin from time to time. Franco doesn't really know or understand Elizabeth's past and what has shaped her, at all. 

• Love 2

A strong two thumbs down on Nik/Liz because he has repeatedly lied to her since he got back and is using her right now hoping to break up her marriage so that he can keep the money. While Ava is leaning on Franco and would benefit if Nik cheated with Liz, she isn't actively trying to break up his marriage as Nik is. In fact, she sent Franco to make up with Liz. Nik wouldn't care if Liz's marriage fell apart and her sons lost their father figure again as long as he benefited from it.

Whatever one thinks of Franco as a character, the show is telling that he genuinely loves Liz and her boys and wants the best for them. Unlike Nikolas.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That's a gross pattern now that you point it out. I also think that's true of most of the men on the show, and I don't think the show quite realizes it. The men are always using their partners to become better people, so they don't have to do the work themselves.

THIS.

There are actually very few relatively clean men on the show: Kevin, Mac and Lucas who are never on; Dante who is essentially gone, Dustin who is a place holder, leaving Robert, Chase and Finn. That's another reason why it burns me that they killed Neil who was a good guy. (I haven't been able to stand Jax since he became a Carly worshipper.)

Redemption by the love of a good woman so you don't have to do the work yourself is a gross idea. Even worse is redemption because a woman keeps telling you how wonderful you are while you continue your mobbing ways (Sonny, Jason and now Peter).

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think she is; she's just being more subtle about it than Nik is. Ava wants nothing more than all that sweet Cassadine cash. 

Maybe. She's not actively lying to Franco though as Nik is to Liz. Nor did Ava cause Franco's sibling to be afraid for her life and run from town.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think she is; she's just being more subtle about it than Nik is. Ava wants nothing more than all that sweet Cassadine cash. 

I don't think the show is playing it that way anymore IMO. At first, when they first had that post-nup it was obvious that Ava was trying to push Nik and Liz together and make veiled comments to Franco about Nik and Liz's bond but I haven't noticed her doing that since the show came back. I think she obviously wants that Cassadine money, but ultimately doesn't care who Nik cheats with, as long as he does. As she told Nina at the Nurses' Ball. If Liz cheats with Nik, she'll be fine with benefitting from it, but she's not actively doing anything to push it along. 

• Love 3

I know I am suppose to feel bad for Brook Lynn, but I just can't. I cannot stand her. She is selfish, petty, and vindictive. If she were a tween or in her early 20s, I could possibly understand how short-sighted she's being, but the character is in her 30s. I mean . . . come on! She just visited Mike yesterday (don't know what she said b/c I muted my tv), but you would think that seeing this man dying would help her to see how short life is and how she shouldn't be so evil to her father. He feels bad and is reaching out to her, and she continues to rebuff him. I'm over it. Heck . . . I forgot that she almost died herself! You'd think that would put things in perspective for this brat but no!! Please let this be the LAST day we see Ned groveling and begging her. I will never agree that he was wrong to be angry w/her and to toss her out of the family home. He was right to do that. You can't live in the family home, IMO, and screw over that same family.  But like any adult, when his kid was hurt, he put all of that aside, apologized, and tried to be there for her. He just needs to understand she's being a brat and let it go. Ugh . . .  I hope we don't have to see any more Ned/Brook Lynn scenes anytime soon. 

More Mike dying - I understand this is realistic, but man am I tired of watching Mike slowly die? I guess Sonny "gives him permission" tomorrow  to go?! I'm not trying to be cruel but thank goodness!! I wonder if Kristina will make an appearance at the funeral, or if she'll be ignored like she was for his slow death. I guess they have the granddaughter they really care about there - Josslyn - so Kristina is not needed! 

Glad to know Nikolas did not send Franco a fake text. Friz needs the commission Franco will get from that painting. I wonder if this also means Friz wasn't playing Nava. I still think they were. Hmm . . . I guess we will not know for sure until we see a Friz scene.

So happy there's some progression w/Nava! It's about time! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 5

The Mike death watch continues. I thought Carly's dream was well done when she told him she would miss him, and those were genuinely the first emotions I felt with this storyline. But good gravy, Mike. Go into the light! GO INTO THE LIGHT!

BL/Chase is happening. Ned quit taking your frustrations out on people who have done nothing to you. Poor Chase. I don't think he deserves waking up beside someone as bitchy as BL. Girlfriend has two speeds, bitchy and bitchier.

I hate that Robert doesn't seem to know how to do his job now that Olivia has decided to tag along. 

Are they covid testing all the extras they have on set?

And speaking of covid, there goes the Nik/Ava love/hate scene. Their scenes were good. She should have thumped him harder, though.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

You didn't "find yourselves back together," Sonny; you deigned to let Mike back into your life. I wish they'd be a bit more honest with how Sonny treated Mike for so many years instead of letting him rewrite history somewhat. Sonny pays lip service to their estrangement, but he really needs to take more responsibility for it. He's the one who wouldn't let Mike back into his life when Mike moved to PC. All this fake nobility is sickening.

I don't mind Brook Lynn shutting Ned out, but I wish she'd dial back the attitude a bit. I also wish Ned would tell her the accident terrified him, he was wrong to kick her out, and he'd like to try to rebuild their relationship. And then if BL gets bitchy and tells him to scram, he replies the door is always open and then leaves gracefully. Pushing things isn't going to get anywhere.

And Ned especially needs to stop taking out his anger on everyone else.

So they brought back Winston Rudge (the casino owner). Originally he was Olivia Jerome's minion and lied on the stand that Julian was involved in his sister's schemes. I guess he got a deal (?) because he walked away after that.

15 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

But good gravy, Mike. Go into the light! GO INTO THE LIGHT!

Seriously. I wonder if Max Gail's neck spasm with the way he has to hold it in that position.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Swear to dog, if Mike's eyes pop open one more time, I'm taking a pillow in there.

Get your pillow ready, Ciarra.  I watched part of the Show today because I unexpectedly had some free time and that was NOT a good choice. Sonny and Carly getting all excited that Mike opened his eyes makes me want you to go after both of them.

However, @GHScorpiosRule should definitely watch to see Robert in a tux.  Robert in his tux and Olivia in her red dress were the only positive things I saw. Seriously, Olivia questioning Robert's skills as a spy and scoffing that she can handle herself with Raj because she's been hit on before made it clear she is not a good potential match for Robert. Honey, this isn't Bensonhurst.  Robert is right that you're a civilian in a strange place with dangerous people, and he doesn't want to explain to your husband that you got kidnapped. Robert, for the love of all that is Holy please shove married Olivia away if she tries to kiss you. She certainly seems like she wants to cheat on Ned with you, Robert.

Ava should be smacked for "did you give in to Elizabeth's simpering ways" question. How could Elizabeth be some seductress of Nikolas when she and Nikolas are the ones trying to manipulate Franco and Elizabeth to cheat? And she showed zero remorse/sadness at the possibility of Elizabeth and Nikolas sleeping together, which means her supposed friend Franco would be devastated.  Ugh. That hate sex was not exactly a shocking twist, Show.

I literally gagged at Carly's dream where "Mike found a daughter in her after Courtney died, and she found a father in him" and their mutual tears. Spare meeee.  Same for Sonny wondering to Carly if Mike's dreaming of dancing with Adele in the family kitchen. WTF?!

I feel bad for Chase that he apparently is settling for BL.  He calls her manipulative, she says yes, he shrugs and accepts it and and takes her wherever she wants to go. Lovely.

• Love 1

Robert and Olivia in Monte Carlo reminds me of Jax and V and their capers back in the day. I will never forgive the show for killing that for his relationship with Chloe. Jax often has terrible taste in women.

I wanted to cut BL slack but blocking Olivia on Ned's phone after Olivia gave her a place to stay when Ned kicked her out is too low. Poor Chase, he deserves so much better than her.

Max dying is lasting longer than me when I go on a diet. The recons with everyone who is available is one of the worst retcons I have seen on TV.

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

So they brought back Winston Rudge (the casino owner). Originally he was Olivia Jerome's minion and lied on the stand that Julian was involved in his sister's schemes. I guess he got a deal (?) because he walked away after that.

Robert said that he got off for testifying against the Jeromes.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Sonny and Carly getting all excited that Mike opened his eyes

I don't understand their reaction.  It's not like Mike opening his eyes means that he's suddenly cured and is going to get out of bed and go home.  He's still going to die in the next few hours.  Plus Felix said this would happen once the morphine kicked in.  So weird.  

• Love 2

Ugh, this Ava/Nik stuff is gross. Just make some sort of deal and get a divorce. 

3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously. I wonder if Max Gail's neck spasm with the way he has to hold it in that position.

I'm convinced he's been falling asleep. I think his loud breathing is him snoring.

LOL. That might be true. 

I still half expect Sonny to be shaking Mike awake so Sonny can impart his final words. All about Sonny, of course.

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Robert said that he got off for testifying against the Jeromes.

I posted that before the end of the ep; my bad.

At least Carly's dream about Mike was as much about him as her, unlike other people's.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

You didn't "find yourselves back together," Sonny; you deigned to let Mike back into your life. I wish they'd be a bit more honest with how Sonny treated Mike for so many years instead of letting him rewrite history somewhat. Sonny pays lip service to their estrangement, but he really needs to take more responsibility for it. He's the one who wouldn't let Mike back into his life when Mike moved to PC. All this fake nobility is sickening.

For. Real.  When Ron Hale played the part he was always getting yelled at and crapped on by Sonny, no matter how much he grovelled or supported Sonny and his criminal behavior.  Spare me the "Sonny always tried" narrative, as those of us who were actually watching in the late 90's remember all too well that he wasn't and seemed to relish telling Mike how shitty a childhood he had (Deke! Deke! Deke!) because of Mike.

• Love 4

Today on Paraphrase Hospital....

Ava:  What a fantastic idea to be up here in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with my 4 year old, completely alone.  Someone is breaking in, let me smack them over the head with this fire poker

Nik:  OWW, mother fuc....j'accuse, you are here sleeping with Franco

Ava:  I'm here with Avery dumbass.  Also you sniff around Liz

NIk:  Do not

Ava: Do too

NIk:  Let's covid kiss than have angry covid hate sex

Ava:  Cool beans

Robert:  I know you're Bensonhurst royalty but be inconspicous

Olivia: Inconspicu-wuh?  BARTENDER, BARTENDER WHAT DOES A NEW YAWKER HAVE TO DO TO GET A DRINK AROUND HERE

Winston:  I am the owner of the casino, why is a yelly woman like you here

Robert: Eh she's with me

Winston:  Don't I know you

Robert:  Nope, no, nada, niet, look over there.  Olivia you dumbass I told you be insconspicous. 

Ned: So, is my daughter going to be less of a brat from now on, Dr Robinson?

Portia:  Patient doctor confidentiality.  

BL:  GET OUT DADDY.  GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BELEIVE HE'S SUCH A MEANIE STUPID MEANIE.  I'm 32 but I'm totally going to erase Olivia's message from Daddy's phone.  That'll teach him to shut the door in my face.  

Felix:  You're such a great son, Sonny

Michael:  You're such a great son, dad

Carly:  You're such a great son, Sonny

Sonny:  mumble, mumble, rub stubble then rub eyes, I know.  But it's not about me, it's about MY DAD

68889 flashforwards completely invented for this situation

all fans:  Is Mike not effin' dead yet.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 7

Remember when Nikolas was "dead" and we had Ava bringing him up from time to time as the person she didn't have enough time with, the person who "understood" her, et cetera? I thought that that was a weird choice at the time, because she had mostly interacted with the temp recast when the character was on borrowed time. But that was the story they went with. Then when they brought Nikolas back on a permanent basis, they made Ava a big part of his story from the start, so I was expecting follow-through on it. It seems now equally strange that they're hostile and antagonistic and even using the word "hate," and there's so little in the way of other layers. She has a better rapport with Sonny these days.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Ava:  What a fantastic idea to be up here in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with my 4 year old, completely alone.

At Sonny's suggestion, though Ava was an idiot not to just go to the penthouse. She still has that, right? 

Word to your entire post, @Asp Burger. I wish the writers would pick a lane with these two yo-yos. Make it all-out war, have them decide to put the hostilities aside, I don't care. Just stop with this J'accuse crap. It doesn't move the story along, and it's not as if the story is so complicated we need reminders they hate each other.

• Love 4

Lucky drug Storyline was supposed to be GV emmy storyline, GV was so happy to do that storyline. Unfortunately for him, it was Guza with no other headwriter written that story. TG only like JJ as Lucky, KM was in contract negotiating, it was like a year or two after she did Dancing with the Stars and that storyline with Ric was her possibly getting written out and that meant Jason had to be with someone so pretty soon it stop being about Lucky drug addiction after getting hurt storyline, became about just graduated high school Maxie manipulating Lucky, to Jason is a hero to Elizabeth is just the worse isn't she storyline. Lucky was nowhere to be found. 

• Love 2

Is Olivia a sub in for another character in this story? I don’t mind the scenes with her and Robert but her inclusion in this is so weird. Not to mention her choosing to stay away from PC when her and Ned were already fighting. Leaving town because of Dante made perfect sense but this caper doesn’t. It’s not like she can actually help anyway. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Is Olivia a sub in for another character in this story? I don’t mind the scenes with her and Robert but her inclusion in this is so weird. Not to mention her choosing to stay away from PC when her and Ned were already fighting. Leaving town because of Dante made perfect sense but this caper doesn’t. It’s not like she can actually help anyway. 

And doesn't she have another son and a hotel to get back too?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

And what was BL talking about with the no more awards and applause??? She's been legally barred from performing or recording. She has no singing career. 

She sold her ELQ shares to that skeezy record producer (who was really a front for Valentin) and he released her from her contract. So legally she could perform/record again, but now thanks to Nelle, her singing career is likely over before it began. Oh, irony! (/sarcasm)

8 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

And doesn't she have another son and a hotel to get back too?

Julian is handling parenting duties while Olivia is away. 

Psych! The nanny is dealing with Leo, as per usual.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Julian is handling parenting duties while Olivia is away. 

Psych! The nanny is dealing with Leo, as per usual.

Hardest working person in Port Charles, bar none.

Tomorrow on OMG, Will Mike Die Already?, Felix imagines the future he and Sonny should've had.  Then Epiphany shows up to sing, Franco drops by to paint a last portrait and Olivia facetimes and tells Sonny she wishes she was there, but she'll make sure one of the trays of baked ziti she keeps in the freezer will be sent over "cause, honey, you've got to eat."

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

Oh Dear God. Mike, when you finally, finally die, will you PLEASE take that hateful, snotty, despicable Brook Lynn with you? Or if only one of you can die right now, just make it her!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

The endless expiring of Mike is entering comedic territory. I was waiting for the janitor to pop into the room to tell Sonny what a great son he is. God help us there will probably be a huge funeral featuring this same bunch droning on and on about how special ..Sonny is.

In other news, is anyone watching the HBO documentary on NXIVM. That guy is not anywhere near as hot as Shilo, but he is way creepier. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Just how long is this death tour going to last? I love Max Gail as much as the next person but Mike should have died off screen during the shutdown. Or at least in the first week after the show returned.

sonny: it’s not about me

me: it’s ALWAYS about you!

and Jason the other day telling Mike that Sonny needed to reconnect and thanking him for letting that happen? 

please please PLEASE someone put me out of my misery!

Edited by Sake614
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Oh Dear God. Mike, when you finally, finally die, will you PLEASE take that hateful, snotty, despicable Brook Lynn with you? Or if only one of you can die right now, just make it her!!

No. Mike has been dying for months. But he is hanging on and his asshole selfish family have turned the whole thing into a shit show of Mike singing their praises. Everyone of them is the bestest evah. Like the other characters aren't always drooling all over these dumb fucks to begin with, we need a dying man's doing it too.

I can't take this anymore. And we will have the funeral to get through after this with Mike looking down on the Corinthii clan patting himself on the back for giving us Sonny. Thanks, Mike!

About BL, the way she was talking today about her non existent singing career, you'd think she was putting out albums and packing stadiums. She can die after Mike.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Ava should be smacked for "did you give in to Elizabeth's simpering ways" question. How could Elizabeth be some seductress of Nikolas when she and Nikolas are the ones trying to manipulate Franco and Elizabeth to cheat? And she showed zero remorse/sadness at the possibility of Elizabeth and Nikolas sleeping together, which means her supposed friend Franco would be devastated.  Ugh.

I think simpering is a pretty perfect description for Liz. Liz has been an outright witch to Ava, so I don't see any reason why Ava would have nice things to say about her, especially when she's trying to goad Nikolas. If Liz chooses to cheat on Franco, that's on her. No matter how much "pushing" Ava or Nik does, they're not putting guns to their heads. I think Ava would feel a little bad for Franco's heartbreak but would mostly think if Liz is a cheater, Franco is better off without her.

9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Then when they brought Nikolas back on a permanent basis, they made Ava a big part of his story from the start, so I was expecting follow-through on it. It seems now equally strange that they're hostile and antagonistic and even using the word "hate," and there's so little in the way of other layers.

It kind of makes a little sense since Nikolas made her think she was going crazy and taunted her by telling her Kiki was in hell. I think if he hadn't done that she would have reacted more warmly to his return.

• Love 3

Oh GOOD LORD. Just stop it show, with Olivia thinking she can help Robert or even pass herself off as a "spy". She FAILED utterly and Robert had to save her Bensonhurst ASS. And that forced laughter? Did she think she was saving HIM? Clearly Anna couldn't be the one to help Robert, for...reasons, but I would have been okay with a dayplayer who played another one who owed Robert a favor, or better yet, if Robert could be doing this on his own. Olivia just wants to play Spy Games, because her life with Ned is, what? Boring?

And get that look off your face. Robert would have done what he did to save anyone. You're nothing special. You just royally fucked up, and he had to save your worthless ass.

As for Brookieeee, what? Does she expect Olivia to coddle and hold her hand? Being all "so much for stepmommy" bullshit. First, she doesn't know that originally stepmommy was trying to see her firstborn, and that Robert helped her. It's all about me!me!me! If I didn't know any better, I'd think she was Mooby's spawn.  So I guess  she won't be heading back to the Metro Court where Liv gave her a room, but cry crocodile tears and have Chase offering to let her stay at his place. Blech. 

And I know this show is stupid, but you can retrieve deleted voicemails and calls. Ned could do it if he wanted to see if she'd called or left a message in case his phone wasn't working (I've done that myself), but Show won't do it, because DRAHMAAAA. One I don't want to see. Let Lisa show how much of a crush she has on Tristan--that I don't care about; but I do NOT want Robert saddled with this drama queen who thinks she knows everything about everything and her loud ass voice announces it to the world.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, ffwbe said:

It does feel as though Olivia is being shoehorned in and it's kind of cringeworthy watching her try because it is more then obvious that she does not fit into the spy world.  I also think Robert deserves his own love story and not to be the interloper with a married couple.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

It does feel as though Olivia is being shoehorned in and it's kind of cringeworthy watching her try because it is more then obvious that she does not fit into the spy world.  I also think Robert deserves his own love story and not to be the interloper with a married couple.

EXACTLY. And as I've posted before, Robert does NOT Poach. When Emma recovers and they bring Holly back, I want them to reunite. Robert's remembering how they fell in love, how he can't imagine Holly not being in his life, so I want them to get back together.

• Love 2