Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Nina: buys Carly's share of the Hotel for Wiley because he deserves an investment that's outside of ELQ and he's set when he's older and she will not buckle for anything - is seen as evil.

Drew: wants to sell the company he started to get away from the mob and his daughter's future so he can pay for Carly's penalty because who cares about Scout. - the hero. 

this guy is garbage.

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

OMG, Drew! Shut the fuck up and die!

I'm going to sell Aurora to pay Carly's hefty bill. What about Scout? She doesn't care. She has ELQ shares. 

Holy dumbfuck, Batman! 

I wish this was the last we ever see of Drew. The real Drew died in the plane crash. I don't know who this pod person is, but he ain't it.

He should be called All for Carly instead of Drew.

Does he not remember how Carly dropped him like a bad habit when the real Jason came back?  That alone should make him, at the VERY LEAST, cautious.  But, sure, give all your money to Carly, you dumb fuck.  The hell with your kid, right?

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Does he not remember how Carly dropped him like a bad habit when the real Jason came back?  That alone should make him, at the VERY LEAST, cautious.  But, sure, give all your money to Carly, you dumb fuck.  The hell with your kid, right?

This guy has absolutely nothing to do with the original Drew. The one who did everything for his family and left Carly's dirty ass behind because he wanted to put his wife and children first.

Donna and Carly's two grown ass children are more important than his only child.

Fucking outrageous.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 8
  • Applause 6

Scout who? I guess they really wanted to double down on Carly being Drew’s main priority in life. He’s not rushing out of there to spend all his moments with his daughter……oh no! He’s standing around worrying about how Carly’s gonna pay her fine?!?!? Carly?!?! The woman who has two ridiculously rich exes who wouldn’t hesitate to pay it for her if asked?!?!  Drewfus is a joke. He’s an awful father. He couldn’t care less about Scout. OG Drew bought Aurora for Scout but this guy is willing to sell it ……. to help Carly?!?!?! Who is writing this crap?!?! I feel nothing for Drew! Carly had to remind him about Scout!! 

Ned is wise to have amnesia! I wouldn’t want to go back to them either! 😂 

Sooooo….Dex is just discount Jason now?! Is that where the writers landed? Whenever I see him, I just think of all the months wasted on that revenge plot. Months!!!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Daisy said:

honestly, i've never wanted a SORAS more than i ever did for Scout just so she could blast the ever living hell out of 

And then cut him completely out of her life. Wow, what a way to show how you  have no consideration for your daughter whatsoever.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5

So why can’t Carly sacrifice a single thing for her crime? I’m sure she could sell that gigantic house Sonny gave her in the divorce to pay the penalty and downsize. She hasn’t worked for a year and hasn’t mentioned financial struggles one time. But no, she has to be bailed out by a guy yet again but constitutes to pretend to be some strong, independent woman. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

Martin and Lucy are really sweet together, when he's not running a scam. There isn't a younger generation relationship that comes anywhere near it.

As gratifying as it is to have retribution to one of the Carlys, they picked the least of the offenders.

Drew is really an idiot. Or a masochist taking on Carly's burden all on himself.

Zeke:  "I agree with you, your honor, no one is above the law. The days of privilege superseding accountability are rightly numbered."  What world is Zeke living in? It's not GH's. And not mine.

What kind of pennyante company is Aurora that Drew needs to sell it all to pay Carly's fine?  Is Aurora like a shadow that grows and shrinks as it's needed? Surely if Drew needs to 'save' Carly, he can take a loan out on Aurora.

The nurse-whose-name-I-can't-remember committed medical malpractice giving Ned that injection. He wasn't upset enough to merit it, she could have talked him down.

Brook Lynn: If there is someone else to blame [about telling the SEC[], why wouldn't they come forward?  Me: How did AS not choke on those words? Just look at everyone yelling at Ned, why would anyone else come forward?

Kevin: "And I think we've just had a window as to why he might want to remain Eddie Maine." 😀😀 But Kevin, it's not uncharted territory, there is lots in the literature about people choosing an alter to avoid things in their real life.

Nina, FFS stop pushing. You'll get farther.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Hey, if Drewfus sells Aurora, is Michael out of a job? 

7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

So why can’t Carly sacrifice a single thing for her crime? I’m sure she could sell that gigantic house Sonny gave her in the divorce to pay the penalty and downsize.

Carly could get a room at Kelly's, and look after her kids w/o a nanny.

Ha, ha, ha!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Hey, if Drewfus sells Aurora, is Michael out of a job? \

I can only hope. But if Ned is no longer working at ELQ, Nepotism Michael will get his job.

Am I supposed to be worried that Ned is going to recognize Nina as remember that she was the one who told the SEC?  Because Drew and Carly did the crime so it's not going to get Drew out of Pentonvill.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Am I supposed to be worried that Ned is going to recognize Nina as remember that she was the one who told the SEC?  Because Drew and Carly did the crime so it's not going to get Drew out of Pentonvill.

But it will, because Nina told the SEC for revenge. Drew and Carly broke the law to save their families. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The nurse-whose-name-I-can't-remember committed medical malpractice giving Ned that injection. He wasn't upset enough to merit it, she could have talked him down.

Deanna Siritis.. it's what sparked the fact that all of us are Trekkies hehe

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

yes. don't care. Carly for all her screetching about "my responsibility" did not nothing to help herself. Drew is more eager to save Carly than Jesus was to be crucified on the cross. i also know that CM is leaving for filming but Drew has the right to recant his plea (since the bargain is not to what he agreed to). and they could just do trial etc 

18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And then cut him completely out of her life. Wow, what a way to show how you  have no consideration for your daughter whatsoever.

considering his first thought after knowing he's spending 3 years in pentionville is to spend his last seven days to help and screw carly vs. absorbing every moment of his daughter, hell yeah. Like I said. I never knew Drew 1.0. but this dude is so pathetic and disgusting. as much as I hate Sonny - he would NEVER sacrifice his children's financial holdings for anyone.  including Carly. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But it will, because Nina told the SEC for revenge. Drew and Carly broke the law to save their families. 

Save their families from being evicted and starvation no doubt.

I wonder if the writers have a smidgen of awareness how they are writing their characters. Drew and Carly are no different from the rich people in the real world. Just trying to gobble up as much resources as they possibly can and God forbid anyone rubs their nose in it, because then, they have their army of sycophants go on the defense for them like they know them personally or are receiving a fraction of the money these fuckers steal and hoard.

*off the soap box*

• Like 7
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4

I muted the Carly/Drew scenes because I have enough crap to deal with IRL without adding fictional one.

I really don’t understand why we got day 2 (?) of a confrontation between Tracy and Chase’s dad. Speaking of Chase, tone down the Ned envy there buddy.

Speaking of toning it down, Nina, you’re so desperate to be liked that you’re  trying to win Dex over.  Sad girl, very sad.

• Like 4

On the bright side, the speech the judge gave was awesome. Everything the judge said yesterday and today was. Though it’s baffling that the show wrote that yet thinks we’ll root for the rich, privileged assholes who committed a crime and expected to skate. 

• Like 7
  • Love 5

Also because it can't be said enough: Shut up Olivia. Like I'm not buying it. (and i really wish they didn't reconcile  Ned and Olivia before he Maine'd up, because then at least a lot of her hostility would at least be justified by her guilt. But the fact that she called Tracy a bitch to her face, on top of.

A telling Tracy she can't ride with Ned to the hospital
B telling Tracy she'd knock Tracy out if she interfered with doctors. 
C now calling tracy a bitch mother and that's why Ned wants to be Eddie Maine

without considering once that Tracy has now lost her eldest son on top of everything else she's lost when Tracy is scared she gets mean(er). and it is so irritating that BLQ is snarly at her and Olivia as well without it clicking through their heads that Tracy lived through this before with Jason. (she's also acting Q'y like they did with Jason but I do think that's natural of anyone in that situation). For all this claim about "family." would be seriously nice if you would think about your husband's mother

(also also. yeah. i'm really not here for Gregory and Tracy really not)

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

Michael thanking Drew had the same amount of emotion as if he was thanking Drew for like picking up his dry cleaning or something.  No emotions whatsoever.  I mean sure, it’s a stupid plan but at least be gracious the idiot is going to jail to save your mom.

• Like 7

Did they mention how much Carly’s fines and penalties will be? The SEC froze her assets. There should be enough in her bank accounts alone to cover it. When she originally sold her part of the hotel to buy Aurora stock, she should still own those shares. Can’t she sell those shares even if their value dipped to pay for it hose penalties?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
46 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Martin and Lucy are really sweet together, when he's not running a scam. There isn't a younger generation relationship that comes anywhere near it.

Agreed.  They are a hot couple, and I love that they are older.  Lynn Herring looks amazing.  I especially love that she hasn’t messed with her face and has the normal signs of aging.  I think between Lucy, Gladys, and Tracy there are several examples of women on this show who are aging normally and naturally, and they all look fantastic.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Agreed.  They are a hot couple, and I love that they are older.  Lynn Herring looks amazing.  I especially love that she hasn’t messed with her face and has the normal signs of aging.  I think between Lucy, Gladys, and Tracy there are several examples of women on this show who are aging normally and naturally, and they all look fantastic.

Yes they really do.

Did anyone writing this show watch ANY OG Drew Cain?  I just don't understand this, I truly don't.  This is not Drew.  Now he's selling his daughter's inheritance to bail out Carly who has two other rich guys who will bail her out because that's what strong, independent, smart women do?  Have men on the string who will bail them out.   This is not Drew.  This is a freaking disgrace.  Why even like and enjoy and appreciate a character when only a few years later they can create this frankfurter out of them?   They need to salvage this by explaining that he's not the real Drew Cain somehow.  That he was brainwashed or his chip went wonky or some shit.  

I didn't want those two replies to merge, sorry.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 5

That whole conversation about the Deceptor being Martin's idea was weird -- and was it tied in with the monthly 50K he got?

He always makes it sound like he has to pay all of his ex-wives alimony, but the other interpretation of his saying to himself that he and Lucy shouldn't ruin a good thing is that one of the exes pays HIM that much a month.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Yay, a Kevin sighting!  Right before he leaves for Chechnya.  I wish we'd seen more than five minutes of fallout after the death of his brother, and maybe a little pointed interaction with Esme.  Who knows, he might even have been able to bring a little salvation to the Willow story, as the young woman should be heavily conflicted right about now.  But I guess I'll take what I can get.

Which seems to be a new storyline for Ned, and I'm here for it.  I'm intrigued about his upcoming interaction with Nina, and hope that intrigue lasts past Monday.  Not remotely confident about that, alas.

Also not remotely interested in anything Carly, Drew, Josslyn, Dex, Michael or Sonny.  It's a shame when characters have become so unrelatable that what might otherwise be high drama is just FF material. 

Lastly, regarding the Maxie makeup issue.  I think it extends way beyond Maxie.  I watched my first soap over 50 years ago, and it hasn't been until this year's GH that I've really noticed the makeup.  Maybe that means the makeup is intrusive, or maybe it means the storylines aren't engaging enough for me not to be paying attention to the superficial notes.  Either way, it's so distracting that, for me, it's become a problem.  

Edited by JMO
  • Like 8

Carly actually tried to "I want to talk to the manager!" with the judge.  How was she not held in contempt???

At this point, Drew cares more about Donna, Joss, and Michael than he does his own kid.  He's gross.

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 3
On 6/22/2023 at 7:01 PM, Desperado said:

Where is Liesl? Did they let go of the actress at the same time they did Kin Shriner? I miss her on my screen. 

Someone on Twitter asked her when we would see her again and this was her response:

I have no idea if and when I will be back on canvas. Life is full of surprises!

·

• Sad 15

Really spoiled for choice about who was most punchable this episode. Is it Joss? Is it Olivia? Gregory? Carly? Despite the competition, the answer remains Joss.

Since the show is setting Nina up for a great downfall, I hope they at least let her go full villain and torch the Carlys a little on her way out. Sure, I know they'll be victorious in the end, but it'd be nice to at least see them suffer first.

Since Drew/Cameron Mathison's absence is only going to be temporary (I assume?), how do we think his 3 year sentence will be vacated after only a few months? My money's on the judge being related to Ms. Wu and then when the whole Gladys thing finally becomes known to Sonny, he'll lean on Ms. Wu, whose only way of making peace with him will be to get the judge to change his decision.

Dreamcasting Martin's ex-wives: Susan Lucci, Cady McClain, and (if she were still acting) Marcy Walker. I assume, given the show's ongoing love affair with OLTL actors that Kassie DePaiva would get to play one.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I hope they bring Liesl back. I love her!

I, too, ff Jex - God, Joss was such a bitch to Nina - shut up! I like Nina and Sonny right now.

I'm missing Sprina a lot, but, good for Trina for kicking Curtis' ass.

And I LOVE Tracy.

• Like 9

I've watched enough Law & Order to know that a judge can reject a deal, but then the defendant can change his plea.

Also, I wish the judge had held Carly in contempt and sentenced her to 100 years for it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I've watched enough Law & Order to know that a judge can reject a deal, but then the defendant can change his plea.

Also, I wish the judge had held Carly in contempt and sentenced her to 100 years for it.

He could but what’s his other option? Drew’s only brilliant idea was hoping that Ned would use his connections to rescue them. Diane told Carly she had no way to fight this other than flipping on Drew or giving up info on Sonny and Drew was told he should flip on Carly to save himself, which he refused to do. Their lawyers are pretty much telling them they have no defense because of how obvious they were. The sentence that the judge gave was also nowhere close to the max. The original deal Drew made completely absolved the other party involved and was only 1/40th of the max sentence, which does sound like a complete joke when the judge mentioned that they were obviously working together.

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 8
On 6/23/2023 at 5:08 PM, CeChase said:

.  This is not Drew.  Now he's selling his daughter's inheritance to bail out Carly who has two other rich guys who will bail her out because that's what strong, independent, smart women do?  Have men on the string who will bail them out.   This is not Drew.  This is a freaking disgrace.  Why even like and enjoy and appreciate a character when only a few years later they can create this frankfurter out of them?   They need to salvage this by explaining that he's not the real Drew Cain somehow.  That he was brainwashed or his chip went wonky or some shit.  

This mess is what happens when Frank lets actors dictate story lines.  Maurice apparently wanted Nixon Falls and to work with Cynthia.  Laura wanted to work with CamMat and to accommodate her wishes, we got an entirely new Drew.  Billy Miller's Drew would NEVER, EVER put Carly before Scout.  Please, soap gods, send Carly and Sonny away for six months.  I think I speak for others when I say we all need a break.  Nothing against any of the actors, but geez!  I don't need to see Carly EVERY DARN DAY, butting her way into all the story lines.  Have her a moss take a vacation.  Jail, looney bin, Florida with soaring cliffs . . .

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
1 hour ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

This mess is what happens when Frank lets actors dictate story lines.  Maurice apparently wanted Nixon Falls and to work with Cynthia.  Laura wanted to work with CamMat and to accommodate her wishes, we got an entirely new Drew.  Billy Miller's Drew would NEVER, EVER put Carly before Scout.  Please, soap gods, send Carly and Sonny away for six months.  I think I speak for others when I say we all need a break.  Nothing against any of the actors, but geez!  I don't need to see Carly EVERY DARN DAY, butting her way into all the story lines.  Have her a moss take a vacation.  Jail, looney bin, Florida with soaring cliffs . . .

to expand on the maurice thing - from what i've heard on twitter etc, Mo was hinting at retiring for a while now and he was tired of Sonny the Mobster. (so the CW/Mike thing was probably a way to accommodate ALL of that) -now i personally would have said "Okay Mo enjoy retirement"

I also don't really blame Laura wanting to work with CM.... i just blame the writing.. you could have accommodated those desires without making Drew into a total complete butthole.   I know you have to rewrite characters sometime -but this is insane. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I also don't really blame Laura wanting to work with CM.... i just blame the writing.. you could have accommodated those desires without making Drew into a total complete butthole.   I know you have to rewrite characters sometime -but this is insane. 

It's another case of the writers steering story lines away from conflicts. If Carly had tried to turn newDrew into Jason 2.0 and he resisted, it'd be a good story -- his frustration with her lack of boundaries, lack of forethought, lack of concern for  anything but her immediate needs . . . but, I know: she must always win. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
(edited)

Wait, so what is this I'm reading about Ned having amnesia and thinking he's Eddie Maine?  That sounds like a Ron plot the current writers found stuffed in a drawer.

In other words...

image.thumb.png.78ab37039e8109f91a1de6f3389043bc.png

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, rur said:

It's another case of the writers steering story lines away from conflicts. If Carly had tried to turn newDrew into Jason 2.0 and he resisted, it'd be a good story -- his frustration with her lack of boundaries, lack of forethought, lack of concern for  anything but her immediate needs . . . but, I know: she must always win. 

right? or even this
Circle back how Carly treated Drew before. that alone is a year worth storyline. I don't know how eager beaver (just because I was presumed dead) I'd be to take back ANYONE in my life who dropped me like a hot potato because I wasn't my twin brother. . let carly earn his trust I mean the woman legit was married to Jason. her big uber dream. let that breathe.

then ease into the romance. and then what you said.. like again Sonny/carly are always in each other's orbits. and he should have no time for that garbage. I am actually kind of ticked off we didn't see a lot of him trying to assimilate back into being alive. it was just more Oh hey drew welcome home do stuff

like. i still can not wrap my head around the fact that Drew has seven days and his first thought is to sell the company he founded for his daughter's legacy to pay Carly's fine before he goes to jail for three years because Carly never listens to anyone but the damned voice in her head.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
5 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Laura wanted to work with CamMat and to accommodate her wishes, we got an entirely new Drew. 

well, I'll be the one to note if LW has enough clout to pick romantic partners then there's no excuse for her not having a say in the 'Carly always wins' bullshit.  guess she likes always being the top dog, even at the expense of good storytelling.

• Like 12
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

i still can not wrap my head around the fact that Drew has seven days and his first thought is to sell the company he founded for his daughter's legacy to pay Carly's fine before he goes to jail for three years

And we're supposed to find that a good thing! I don't get it. I don't get it at all.

• Like 11
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And we're supposed to find that a good thing! I don't get it. I don't get it at all.

right? and my thing is....doesn't SAM own Aurora too? Like how is that conversation supposed to go?

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think anyone gets it. And the writers are trash. CM should have been a brand new character, a clean slate if they were going to stuff his head up Carly's ass.

I know that it's a soap and that continuity is not something we should expect as viewers, but try to be consistent with your characters at least. 

Drew is beyond pathetic.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Laura wanted to work with CamMat and to accommodate her wishes, we got an entirely new Drew. 

I don’t think she pushed for CM. They had to give her someone and he was around and had no one they could pair him with. The one she pushed hard for when MB finally got his non-Carly pairing was Carly/Jason. She’s been campaigning for it since she joined the show but I guess the previous writers wouldn’t go for it. It was the reason they abruptly shifted from Jason/Britt to a Jason/Carly marriage even though they had been building up Jason and Britt since the moment KT rejoined the show. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
7 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Maurice apparently wanted Nixon Falls and to work with Cynthia. 

I agree with your larger point of it not being a good idea to let the actors dictate their storylines - Talking to you, AG! - but this is one instance where MB's wishes/instincts worked, even if just serendipitously. I won't go so far as to say it was Sonny's salvation as a character - Too late for that. - but, for me at least, Sonny with Nina/CW is infinitely more watchable than he ever was with Carly.

I'm all onboard with giving Carly a rest for six months, heck, a year. Overworked and overused without letting any real drama or consequences touch her. Boring and predictable, while still be infuriating, but not in the love to hate kind of way. Just... hate.

OMG, @TeeVee329! That pic perfectly illustrates my reaction to so many characters and storylines on this show! LOL!

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

I would love it if Carly went to the judge to plead that Drew shouldn’t go to jail because it’s all her fault, and the judge responded with “ok, you get 3 years too. No, let’s make it four.”

Now that Eddie is up and wandering around, how long until he runs into Alexis? “My Angel!!”

I have had enough of Olivia’s wailing and hand wringing to last three lifetimes. It’s her head that Tracy should be aiming the rock at.

On 6/23/2023 at 9:20 PM, Steph J said:

Really spoiled for choice about who was most punchable this episode. Is it Joss? Is it Olivia? Gregory? Carly? Despite the competition, the answer remains Joss.

No matter the lineup, that’s always an easy decision. It’s Joss. It’s always Joss.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I have had enough of Olivia’s wailing and hand wringing to last three lifetimes.

That's all Olivia is good for. Judging people, wailing and hand wringing.

Q matriarch she's not.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
On 6/22/2023 at 9:09 PM, ciarra said:

I don't think Kristina understands the word "plumbing" when referring to the body. 

That was such an odd comment.  The crass word choice, and then apparently forgetting that Sam doesn’t have reproductive issues?!?  

The writers drove me nuts dragging out the “Is Cody really ‘into’ Sasha” thing out over three episodes.  Lucy and Martin’s scenes seemed similarly pointless but at least set up his mystery ex text which has promise.

Have we had a single Olivia scene in the past three weeks without her either crying or screaming?  

I liked Selina’s “conflict resolution” scenes, and I think LL brought a tad more subtlety to her toughness which I enjoyed.  For a brief moment, I actually thought she was flirting with Spinelli, though! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3