Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Drew is the worst father ever, he offered his daughter to go visit in jail? Scout needs to be done with him as a father, he chose Carly fine go be with Carly who he chose over his daughter. 

"That's Ned he's hurting people even when he doesn't know who he is.". Really coming from Sonny former amnesiac to Carly the person he hurt. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Artsda said:

"That's Ned he's hurting people even when he doesn't know who he is.". Really coming from Sonny former amnesiac to Carly the person he hurt. 

You know, part of me doesn’t care that Sonny and Carly are complete jerks when they talk about Ned. It’s in character for them and how they’ve always talked about him. What bothers me is Ned is completely castrated and can’t give them that same energy back when he used to. He despised both of them going back to the 90s and being Michael’s mother didn’t change his opinion about Carly. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Austin and Tracy measuring swords would be fun.

It's such a waste in terms of storytelling. It's like they used Austin's association for a plot point and then dropped Austin from the family entirely. When Drew Cane and Michael Corinthos are the scions of the Quartermaine family and its leading figures, the family tree is in trouble.

According to the story, weren’t Jimmy Lee and Edward on the verge of making up or whatever and Tracy stopped that by intercepting letters or something?  I’m sure Austin and Tracy would have some words for each other but we’ll never see it.  They dropped Austin from the family entirely. Why introduce him as a Quartermaine and then not use it?  Such a waste.

Edited by superdeluxe
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Oh no, what is TJ doing at Molly's appointment! Who is looking after all the patients in oncology, neurology and the ER?! 

Shouldn't he be in the lab, performing Molly's test?  (Which came back lightning-fast, even for TV). 

I'd find this surrogacy story a lot more interesting if Molly and TJ were poor and/or underinsured.  It would mean a lot more than, "Surrogate must be Vegan!!!".  We just finished med. school and law school and fortunately have bags of money to throw at this problem!  And supportive family who are also well off. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
11 hours ago, ffwbe said:

You know, part of me doesn’t care that Sonny and Carly are complete jerks when they talk about Ned. It’s in character for them and how they’ve always talked about him. What bothers me is Ned is completely castrated and can’t give them that same energy back when he used to. He despised both of them going back to the 90s and being Michael’s mother didn’t change his opinion about Carly. 

Oh it's exactly on point for the two psychopaths.  I actually laughed. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Ned needs to reevaluate his stance on Carly and how she's family. She wouldn't hesitate to shove him off a cliff. That's what happens when the writing emasculates all their characters.

That scene with Carly and Sam yesterday. KMo played Sam as being pissed with Carly, but the writers wouldn't even let her say her piece. Instead we have Carly telling Sam that she doesn't want Drew to go to prison. She fought Michael and Joss over Sonny harder than she fought her moron boyfriend.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

He despised both of them going back to the 90s and being Michael’s mother didn’t change his opinion about Carly. 

also, when did Sonny kill AJ?  (too lazy to go look it up).  If it was during Eddie Maine days, shouldn't he be furious about that?  Also, even as Eddie Maine, Tracy was his mother - why doesn't he recognize her?

12 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

also, when did Sonny kill AJ?  (too lazy to go look it up).  If it was during Eddie Maine days, shouldn't he be furious about that?  Also, even as Eddie Maine, Tracy was his mother - why doesn't he recognize her?

someone explained above (and it does make sense due that explanation).. that Ned Now Bellieves that he is actually Eddie Maine (the character) just like if an author had an accident he believes that he is the character not someone playing the character if that make sense. 

25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Ned needs to reevaluate his stance on Carly and how she's family. She wouldn't hesitate to shove him off a cliff. That's what happens when the writing emasculates all their characters.

that beyonds pisses me off the minute Ned went "Carly is family." no she' Michael's family. she gives zero poo about you proof positive since she and drew (who is actual family) have no qualms treating Ned like crap.  and Tracy wouldn't hesitate to cut Carly to size but we see what that leads into.  (that stupid scene just before the wedding when everyone teased Tracy and Carly was there laughing at her)

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Why introduce [Austin] as a Quartermaine and then not use it?

Because the writers don't want to do any of the foundation work in creating a character. Making him a Q gives him an automatic history. The show does this way too often. It's so annoying and creatively lazy.

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

I'd find this surrogacy story a lot more interesting if Molly and TJ were poor and/or underinsured. 

Or if NYS still didn't allow gestational surrogates to be paid. That would inject another socioeconomic and moral issue into things. But I'm sure however they decide to have a baby will have a few minor hiccups along the way and then—poof!—healthy baby and everyone's thrilled. 

• Useful 2
38 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

That scene with Carly and Sam yesterday. KMo played Sam as being pissed with Carly, but the writers wouldn't even let her say her piece. Instead we have Carly telling Sam that she doesn't want Drew to go to prison. She fought Michael and Joss over Sonny harder than she fought her moron boyfriend.

Her fight against Drew pleading was half hearted at best. She didn’t want to be the one to flip on Drew or Sonny but taking responsibility for the crime was never a real option for her. She was wringing her hands and waiting for someone to bail her out like she always does. Before Drew made this offer, they were trying to blackmail Tracy/Ned in the hopes that Ned would magically bail them out. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

I'd find this surrogacy story a lot more interesting if Molly and TJ were poor and/or underinsured.  It would mean a lot more than, "Surrogate must be Vegan!!!".  

It would also be more interesting if we saw Molly go bananas. Her comment yesterday about not allowing the surrogate to watch violent movies certainly got my attention. (If I were considering being a surrogate and heard some of her expectations, there'd be a me-sized hole in the door as I rapidly noped my way out.)

I think it would be fair to say that Molly is already slightly high-strung. A good storyline would pick up on those control issues. And it WOULD NOT end in a miracle pregnancy because there are already too many babies on the show (and I'm not even counting Michael.)

• Like 7
  • LOL 5
20 minutes ago, rur said:

Her comment yesterday about not allowing the surrogate to watch violent movies certainly got my attention. (If I were considering being a surrogate and heard some of her expectations, there'd be a me-sized hole in the door as I rapidly noped my way out.)

I also was stopped by that. Just because someone is carrying your baby doesn't mean you can police their lives to the smallest detail. I get being a vegan and not smoking, for example, but telling me what I can and can't watch? No, thank you.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, MarciNJ said:

also, when did Sonny kill AJ?  (too lazy to go look it up).  If it was during Eddie Maine days, shouldn't he be furious about that? 

Eddie Maine happened in the 90s when Billy Warlock played AJ--who was very much alive. Mooby killed AJ, when Sean reprised the role in 2012, and I think it was in 2013, after Carlivati got the boot, that AJ was killed off (because Sean got "too fat"*). So Ned, as Eddie, has no idea about that; NO ONE, aside from the SLS, SheBEAST, Ava, and Mooby, know that Mooby killed AJ. I think.

*But really; it was because Frank managed to get Burton to return to the show, so Kanan had to go.

• Sad 3
14 hours ago, Katy M said:

And I still can't believe they're having 2 characters with amnesia at the same time when they just did an amnesia story within the last 3 years.  It's an epidemic.

Great idea! Give amnesia to everyone. :-)

I saw a movie or TV show once (can't remember the name) where everyone had memory loss for some reason (alien action or supernatural cause maybe) and they had to try to figure out who they were and what their relationships were with the other people based on what they could observe. Of course, they made many inaccurate decisions. 

On GH it could be interesting to see what new relationships would develop. 

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Great idea! Give amnesia to everyone. :-)

I saw a movie or TV show once (can't remember the name) where everyone had memory loss for some reason (alien action or supernatural cause maybe) and they had to try to figure out who they were and what their relationships were with the other people based on what they could observe. Of course, they made many inaccurate decisions. 

On GH it could be interesting to see what new relationships would develop. 

That sounds like one of my favorite Buffy episodes.  

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Tabula Rasa!

"You named me Randy GILES? why not just name me HORNY GILES" teehee

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Before Drew made this offer, they were trying to blackmail Tracy/Ned in the hopes that Ned would magically bail them out. 

my kingdom for someone to point thiis out. 

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Maybe that was it! I can't remember the exact details but the idea that people had to figure out who they were and what their relationships were with only minimal clues was intriguing. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, KittyQ said:

Maybe that was it! I can't remember the exact details but the idea that people had to figure out who they were and what their relationships were with only minimal clues was intriguing. 

yeah. Willow cast a spell and they were al in the magic shop. they basically tried to figure things out by like, Spike and Giles thought they were releated because they were both british, Dawn and Buffy figured out they were sisters because they were protective of each other. and the funny stuff like.. Anya and Giles thinking they were engaged for some reason. 

it would be a good one off-week off on the show jsust to see how people would react to one another if they didn't know anything

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, rur said:

It would also be more interesting if we saw Molly go bananas. Her comment yesterday about not allowing the surrogate to watch violent movies certainly got my attention. (If I were considering being a surrogate and heard some of her expectations, there'd be a me-sized hole in the door as I rapidly noped my way out.)

I think it would be fair to say that Molly is already slightly high-strung. A good storyline would pick up on those control issues. And it WOULD NOT end in a miracle pregnancy because there are already too many babies on the show (and I'm not even counting Michael.)

This story makes me think that the entire reason Molly wants a baby is because she was told she couldn’t have one. It seems like it’s out of principle so she can say she had a biological child. 

Why not do a story about the foster system?  They could do a story about adopting a foster child and branch out on Molly panicking that she will have to possibly return a child to his/her parent or being unable to bond with the child. 

• Like 9
14 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I still think Kristina will carry the baby.  Oy vey!

So do I but if anything, she should be the last person who would offer given how well she knows Molly. A couple years back when Alexis was going to prison and offered her house to Molly and Kristina, Kristina said she couldn’t live with Molly because she’s too particular about every little thing and it drives her crazy. But she’s going to be able to handle being her surrogate and Molly controlling every aspect of her life for 9 months? 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

It would be a good storyline if Molly got counselling about what makes a healthy surrogate and how not to impose your demands on other people. (Also if she's vegan, she will need supplements.

I wonder if this was one of the reasons that Lexi didn't like how the show was doing it.

2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Star Trek:TNG did it too. Alpha personalities won out over mere rank.

On GH, I can see Carly at the top. Tracy at the head of the Quartermaines.

• Like 1

I don’t get the point of this Sam/Cody/Spinelli investigation. Seems like a way to drag things out considering that Cody already knows why Gladys is setting him up. What’s stopping him from telling Sam privately why Gladys did it? Obviously he isn’t being watched too closely by Mrs. Wu if they keep talking about this investigation.

Oh dear lord, are they going to make Kristina an egg donor?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

But she’s going to be able to handle being her surrogate and Molly controlling every aspect of her life for 9 months? 

After she gets pregnant she could take off for 9 months and then come back and hand them their baby.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
15 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

We really don't know Molly enough to know that she actually fantasized about having babies. She never mentioned it. 

They've sort of lampshaded this by having her think of babies now that she can't carry one herself. She thought she had a lot of time, so it never really came up.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They've sort of lampshaded this by having her think of babies now that she can't carry one herself. She thought she had a lot of time, so it never really came up.

That part of the story resonates to me. She’s what, mid 20s? That’s on the young side these days to start a family for someone who is career driven and has a post graduate degree. Most of my friends who wanted kids didn’t start having them until their 30s so they could finish school, have a footing on their careers, and be somewhat financially stable. I don’t recall any of them really talking about it when they were younger but it was a given that they’d have a family one day.

I do know someone who took it hard when they had fertility difficulties when it came to the time that wanted to start family for a lot of the same reasons that TJ and Molly are- they spent so many years being careful to not get pregnant because the timing was bad and never thought they’d have struggles when it came to the time they actually wanted a kid. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Everyone on this show wants a baby, but few want to interact with them past their baby stage.

I don't recall Molly or TJ so much as interacting with a child.  Gazing longingly at a stroller, visiting the Q nursery.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
37 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I don't recall Molly or TJ so much as interacting with a child.  Gazing longingly at a stroller, visiting the Q nursery.

That's because they've been living in offscreen land for quite a while now.  They dusted off TJ because they needed a doctor for Willow's story but Molly wasn't let out of the unused closet until more recently.  And that was an immediate 'oh crap I might be pregnant, turns out I'm not, immediate endo, eggs are rotten" story.  

• Like 2

What good was Portia talking to Jordan? Portia got to blow off some steam, but to what end? There's no drama here, and I hate the narrative that somehow it's the person cheated with who is responsible, not the one who cheated. Curtis is the dope Portia married to and needs to deal with. If she doesn't like what she's hearing, dump him and move on. We all know he's no prize.

Ugh, Trina was on her high horse today with Curtis. His relationship with Portia really isn't any of her business. She needs to butt out and let them figure things out.

3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

they spent so many years being careful to not get pregnant

It's probably not a question anyone could answer with much certainty, but I wonder if Molly would have been able to get pregnant earlier. Endometriosis doesn't happen overnight. Woulda, coulda, shoulda is a losing game to play, though I understand the temptation.

Wow, Sam sure was subtle at the MetroCourt pool. I'd never have guessed she was under that big floppy hat.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

I still think Kristina will carry the baby.  Oy vey!

As of today, Molly's eggs are rotten and likely wouldn't create an embryo so doesn't look like theyre going there.  It's possible they're going down the Kristina will donate one of her eggs, road which would cause a lot of friction between the two of them since Molly's DNA would not be in the chlld 

• Like 2

Sam I don't think that Gladys is a bigger criminal mastermind than Cody and Spinelli, although that's not saying much.

Why can't Cody just tell Sam about the gambling losses? Oh, so Sam and Cody can kiss Spinelli's ass to help them. Still, the fitness app was a nice idea.

Sam thinks that by putting on a large hat and sunglasses, she will be unrecognizable in a place she goes to regularly?

Sam, just tell Kristina you're working.

Lucy, has no one told you that espresso coffee has less caffeine than regular coffee beans?

Curtis, you weren't separated from Portia when you kissed Jordan, you were having a hissy fit.

Why is Portia yelling at Jordan? Oh, right, because she can't yell at Curtis and she can't admit that her responsibility. At least Jordan got the chance to say it.

Trina: "Out of my three parents, only one has kept their marriage vow: my dad Marcus Taggart."  Oooh, burn.

Portia should be encouraging Jordan to sleep with Zeke -- it will keep her away from Curtis.

I once took a makeup course when I was young. They taught that you put on the foundation to wipe away your own features, and then you start creating the face from scratch.  That's what I think about when I see nu-Molly's makeup.  It's especially noticeable in scenes with Dr. Navarro who doesn't look like she's ready for a photo shoot.

14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

You can't always get what you want.  but sometimes you can get what you need. With an egg donor.

7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

It's possible they're going down the Kristina will donate one of her eggs, road which would cause a lot of friction between the two of them since Molly's DNA would not be in the chlld 

Probably that.  How will Kristina handle it when Molly starts over-regulating the child with her DNA?  It would drive me crazy.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I’m super behind but just saw the scenes with Carly and mini Carly.  I have to say, they were well done.  Especially when mini mentioned Morgan and immediately regretted it.  That is just such a real thing that happens in these types of heated arguments.  I still can’t stand them (especially if we are heading towards a CarSon reunion please no) but I liked those scenes.

Good lord was Drew outmatched trying to blackmail Tracy (or whatever he was trying to do). She practically laughed in his face.  And I’m sorry I know it’s been mentioned a million times but again….THEY DID IT.  It doesn’t matter who they blackmail, why would the SEC drop the investigation if they are guilty?

On 6/8/2023 at 2:42 PM, statsgirl said:

I would hope that there aren't cameras since it's a hotel. As a guest I would feel uncomfortable knowing that I was being spied on everywhere.

I’m pretty sure cameras are standard pretty much everywhere now, except private areas like restrooms, hotel rooms, etc.  Cameras in the public areas of a hotel wouldn’t be strange.

Why is Anna so weepy?  I thought it was common knowledge she was a double agent.  The scenes with her and Sonny were super emotional and weird.

On 6/8/2023 at 3:27 PM, rur said:

CamMat is really a one trick pony. Let him stay on the Hallmark Channel. 

I actually don’t think he is, he was practically a different character when he first came on the show.  The writers have just given him shit to work with since getting back to PC.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sam thinks that by putting on a large hat and sunglasses, she will be unrecognizable in a place she goes to regularly?

Remember the old days, when Frisco put a baseball hat on backwards and called it a disguise?

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
34 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sam, just tell Kristina you're working.

This.  Also it might have been less obvious if Gladys happened to glance over and see two sisters sitting together chit chatting then Sam alone with her giant hat.  

36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Trina: "Out of my three parents, only one has kept their marriage vow: my dad Marcus Taggart."  Oooh, burn.

I actually thought the better burn was two sentences later, when he follows that with something like, "I'll try to achieve that for you" or something and her answer is "you're doing a bang up job of it so far".  

• Like 5

Lmao….I just got to the episode where Trina and Spencer are at the pool with Curtis and I shit you not at first glance I was like who is that little girl next to Spencer??  She looked So Tiny at that high table!  Very bad choice, but gave me a chuckle.

• LOL 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Katy M said:

What is with sonny?  Ned always hurts people even without his memory?  What makes Ned the big bad of port charles?

Sonny is an idiot. And the writers have a problem with all the characters who aren't their sacred cows. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So Ned, as Eddie, has no idea about that; NO ONE, aside from the SLS, SheBEAST, Ava, and Mooby, know that Mooby killed AJ. I think.

Everyone knows that Sonny killed AJ. That's why Sonny was sent to prison for a few months before he got pardoned by the governor for saving his daughter.

5 hours ago, ciarra said:

For the first half of Danny's life, Molly and Kristina were always the one babysitting him while Sam was running around with Jason.

• Useful 2

Sam continues to blow me away with her amazing PI prowess. Aside from the sunhat, which made her so unrecognizable that Kristina took almost no seconds to recognize her, she also had a big microphone sticking out of her magazine. What was even the point of her being there? Couldn't Cody or Spinelli just record their conversation with Gladys?! 🙄 

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

Has Cody actually said "Hey, I think Gladys is gambling Sasha's money away?" or no? I mean ... if he's afraid people will know he's gambling at the same game ... I don't think anyone cares about him that much. All I've heard is Gladys is "hurting Sasha" but I don't pay close attention when I watch because it's dull, so maybe I missed it.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, CeChase said:

Are you referring to the episode where Buffy Willow and Xander became what their costumes were cause they bought them at a shop owned by An old friend of Glies ? That was a fav episode of mine as well

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What good was Portia talking to Jordan? Portia got to blow off some steam, but to what end? There's no drama here, and I hate the narrative that somehow it's the person cheated with who is responsible, not the one who cheated. Curtis is the dope Portia married to and needs to deal with. If she doesn't like what she's hearing, dump him and move on. We all know he's no prize.

Ugh, Trina was on her high horse today with Curtis. His relationship with Portia really isn't any of her business. She needs to butt out and let them figure things out.

It's probably not a question anyone could answer with much certainty, but I wonder if Molly would have been able to get pregnant earlier. Endometriosis doesn't happen overnight. Woulda, coulda, shoulda is a losing game to play, though I understand the temptation.

Wow, Sam sure was subtle at the MetroCourt pool. I'd never have guessed she was under that big floppy hat.

Cause Portia and Jordan must be Betty and Veronica to Curtis/Archie. Taylor and Brooke to his Ridge. It's gross and Love triangles suck. Curtis isn't worth it niether is Ridge or Archie 

• Like 2
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, threebluestars said:

Has Cody actually said "Hey, I think Gladys is gambling Sasha's money away?" or no?

He hasn't. Because that would make the plot move too quickly.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 3
  • LOL 10
8 hours ago, threebluestars said:

Has Cody actually said "Hey, I think Gladys is gambling Sasha's money away?" or no? I mean ... if he's afraid people will know he's gambling at the same game ... I don't think anyone cares about him that much. All I've heard is Gladys is "hurting Sasha" but I don't pay close attention when I watch because it's dull, so maybe I missed it.

No. I think he’s afraid of Miss Wu finding out and hurting him

10 hours ago, threebluestars said:

he wants to avoid who the poker games are with. (aka the Mob)

I guess I'm pretty alone in this (what else is new?! 🙂), but in no way do I think Curtis not telling Portia about kissing Jordan is on the same level as Portia keeping the secret about Trina's paternity for 20 years!  They were on a break!  And while he did move back into the house, he's sleeping in the guest room, a clear sign that all is not well just yet.  I have no problem with him wanting to wait to tell her until he had a better sense of whether or not he wanted the marriage to work out.  Now if they'd kissed and made up without him saying a word, that would be different.

Anyway, just my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2