Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ned let Olivia off the hook way too easily. Those two need marriage counseling to talk about trust.

Did Olivia finally accept his word?

37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ned let Olivia off the hook way too easily. Those two need marriage counseling to talk about trust.

Well, there was the time Ned cheated on her, so I can see where Olivia might have trust issues.  And her emotional cheating with Robert is also a trust issue.   They should have gone to marriage counseling then.

• Like 2

I really liked today's episode.  I didn't even ff Carly for once, because I like that there is movement on this video thing.  But the best was Sprina.  Finally addressing that Trina was drugged by Esme.  Now I'm wondering if we aren't going to see Esme has her memories sooner, rather than later.  Which I personally think the character needs because this whiny mess of an Esme isn't working for me. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I watched today because of heat had me trapped in my basement LOL.

Anyways I loved the juxtapositon of Trina wondering how Victor got the evidence against Esme and Jordan telling Curts how she was soooo busy at work she couldn't move on from him.  Hmmmm obviously not busy enough, the PCPD not able to get any of that evidence against Esme.

Sam's pool outfit made me laugh because I remember when she was with Jason, I honestly believed she was flat chested.

A lot ff today, I really can't stand Curtis. I am glad Jordan finally stood up for herself. 

1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

He and Jordan could bring the pretty.  

I wasn't really a fan of Jordan's look but today she looked fantastic. Did they change her hairstyle or something. Not sure what it was but this is the first time I thought she was really beautiful.

• Like 8

While I'm glad that Jordan finally walked away from Curtis, the whole dialogue was absolutely cringy. The whole your wife this, your wife that, was just . . .yeah. 

And Curtis's whole I have feelings for two women. Grow a pair and tell your wife exactly what's going on, Mr. Honesty.

FFed through the bobsy twins' scenes. Although I did get to see Joss making a face because I'm assuming that her brother Dex told her he didn't have the recording.

Carly is still a good mob moll. 

Michael is still unbearable to watch or to listen to. Is there such a thing as paternity leave in the US? I'll be find not having him on screen for a few months.

So Victor left proof that Esme killed Oz Haggerty, wrote her nanny about a bunch of lies. She has no memory, so I don't know how helpful it will be. I don't think the evidence is fake. And it's good to know that everyone is better at solving crime than Jordan's PCPD. 

• Like 6
40 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Couldn't she be charged as an accessory after the fact? I'd keep my mouth shut, too, if that's the case.

The purpose of this whole give up Sonny to the feds plot is so that she can cut a deal and avoid prison.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The purpose of this whole give up Sonny to the feds plot is so that she can cut a deal and avoid prison.

But it makes no sense that this hard drive can save her if Michael anonymously gives it to the police.  Is he going to include a note with it saying "you can only use this if the totally  unrelated charges against Carly Spencer are dropped?" 

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Although I did get to see Joss making a face because I'm assuming that her brother Dex told her he didn't have the recording.

He did--and then the episode ended with Joss's brother telling her he was in love with her, because that's a great way to end a week!

Sonny: "Some people are saying Ned is the one who gave up Carly to the SEC."  By 'some people' you mean the Carlys. 

Another gem out of his mouth: "Carly didn't commit the crime on purpose."  Oh, well, in THAT CASE...

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
15 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

But it makes no sense that this hard drive can save her if Michael anonymously gives it to the police.  Is he going to include a note with it saying "you can only use this if the totally  unrelated charges against Carly Spencer are dropped?" 

Nobody ever claimed the writers were smart or know what they're doing.

16 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

He did--and then the episode ended with Joss's brother telling her he was in love with her, because that's a great way to end a week!

lol. We're getting traction!

• LOL 3

Ned considers Carly family? WTH. 

Carly losing the hotel is Neds fault?

This is all ridiculous. 

What does the evidence against Esme even do? She was arrested but lost the memory, she still has no memory. 

Curtis all about truth and honesty now lying to 2 women. He's married living with his wife he claimed to live now asking Portia to wait. 

Jordan shady this is what she wanted all along, trying to hold only Curtis. Involving herself into his relationship, investigating Portia. 

Olivia believes Ned finally. I need him to be more  angry she didn't. She chose Carly because she was there for her with Leo? Ned and Austin was more involved in that.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Jordan shady this is what she wanted all along, trying to hold only Curtis. Involving herself into his relationship, investigating Portia. 

Wait, what? Did I miss something? What is Jordan investigating Portia for? And she didn’t insert herself anywhere. Curtis led her on and still wants her to wait for him. She finally told him to fuck off. 

• Like 5

I don't know who Wally Kurth pissed off in wardrobe, but he needs to send them flowers asap.

Watching Ned grovel all over the place makes me miss '90s-era cutthroat rat bastard Ned. He'd have turned Carly and Drew in and made no apologies.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3

Yup, Ned looked like a used car salesman.

Dante, if Sonny hasn't learned not to threaten someone in public, it's too late to clue him in.  He wasn't really trying to talk Sonny out of it.  "If you're going to threaten someone, do it in a dark alley."?

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Another gem out of his mouth: "Carly didn't commit the crime on purpose."  Oh, well, in THAT CASE...

that makes it all better

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Yeah. This is what this show has come to. It's straight up gaslighting. Carly lost half her share of the hotel because of Carly, no one else.

Poor poor Carly.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4
13 hours ago, Artsda said:

Ned is a pod person, confirmed. 

13 hours ago, Artsda said:

of course its his fault. in Carly's world had he not betrayed the dipsticks and voted for a bad deal that would have hurt the company, she would still have it

• Like 4
(edited)

The shit the other characters have to eat to protect the Carlys has gone beyond the solar system. I don’t know how the actors deal with it. I guess a paycheque is a paycheque. 

But we see you show. 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 5

This is why Ned should have never hooked up with Olivia. Since then, he’s had to be civil with Sonny even though Ned’s hated him going back to the 90s and now her bff Carly. Though it’s also probably because they don’t care all that much about Ned as an individual character and they’ve shoehorned Carly into the Q family since her and Sonny spilt. I still find it incredibly annoying. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Carly looked horrified when Michael told her he had hired someone to get dirt on Sonny that would "put him away for life."  All because he's with Nina.  I mean, that's the total reason--that he sees Sonny not being with Carly anymore as an act deserving of life imprisonment.  I mean, you've got to be pretty fucking low for CARLY to call out one of her followers for going too far.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly looked horrified when Michael told her he had hired someone to get dirt on Sonny that would "put him away for life."  All because he's with Nina.  I mean, that's the total reason--that he sees Sonny not being with Carly anymore as an act deserving of life imprisonment.  I mean, you've got to be pretty fucking low for CARLY to call out one of her followers for going too far.

I think they’re setting up a Carly/Sonny reunion. Sonny doesn’t seem to think anything justifies turning Carly in, which doesn’t bode well for his relationship with Nina, and Carly doesn’t approve of Michael’s revenge plot and never had the same about turn about Sonny being a mobster that her kids did.

Which sort of makes sense to me. From what I’ve seen online, Sonny/Nina is polarizing and Carly/Drew are extremely unpopular. LW and MB have absolutely zero romantic chemistry but I don’t think they have any better options on the canvas either.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 2
Just now, ffwbe said:

Which sort of makes sense to me. From what I’ve seen online, Sonny/Nina is polarizing and Carly/Drew are extremely unpopular. LW and MB have absolutely zero romantic chemistry but I don’t think they have any better options on the canvas either.  

which is interesting because MB really wanted to work with CW  and have a relationship with her so ...yeah. 

I will say if they do end Sona, - i can feel free to hate Sonny again. It's been really weird the last few years LOL. (but as a story beat, choosing to be with Carly the way she and her two kids treated him the last two years is just pathetic if it happens) 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They keep having people say this, and IT DOESN'T MATTER. Or the fact that Carly lost money. IT DOESN'T MATTER. She's admitted (privately) that she acted on privileged information, which is the definition of insider trading. 

16 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

I would love it, if Joss got the drive and turned it in and it did nothing for Carly and we find out Sonny was working with the feds

I thought there had been indications that's what's going on, though whether Sonny is in on it is unclear to me. (He probably is, given that the show won't let him be played like that.)

31 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I had to laugh at that. Michael is still mad that Mommy and Daddy aren't together. Both parents have happily moved on and have told him so, but like the emotionally arrested 8-year-old he is, he can't process it. 

17 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I find Sonny and Carly much more tolerable apart, even if Carly and Drew are beyond snoozeville. At least Nina pushes back (albeit rather mildly) when she thinks Sonny is wrong; Drew can't imagine Carly not being right all the time.

• Like 10
54 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think they’re setting up a Carly/Sonny reunion. Sonny doesn’t seem to think anything justifies turning Carly in, which doesn’t bode well for his relationship with Nina, and Carly doesn’t approve of Michael’s revenge plot and never had the same about turn about Sonny being a mobster that her kids did.

I think they are too. And the spoilers are amping up the interaction between Sam and Drew after months of them not speaking a word to each other. I am not happy with this at all. Not!Drew is going to make me hate Sam.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
58 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I find Sonny and Carly much more tolerable apart, even if Carly and Drew are beyond snoozeville. At least Nina pushes back (albeit rather mildly) when she thinks Sonny is wrong; Drew can't imagine Carly not being right all the time.

I think Sonny was better away from Carly and have found him particularly grating since they’ve had him in Carly’s corner during this SEC storyline. However, Carly’s gotten even worse away from Sonny and now has a dozen additional characters who took the Jason mantle and have to act like she’s the most amazing person in the universe. 

• Like 11

The syncophants around Carly are gross, but Carly herself, especially when she's out of Nina's orbit, is surprisingly tolerable to me. It helps that she's admitting now that losing the hotel was her fault and that she did commit insider trading. It also helps that LW is dialing back Carly a bit. She's not at 11 all the time as she has been.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think Sonny was better away from Carly and have found him particularly grating since they’ve had him in Carly’s corner during this SEC storyline. However, Carly’s gotten even worse away from Sonny and now has a dozen additional characters who took the Jason mantle and have to act like she’s the most amazing person in the universe. 

I feel gross even saying this but I'd take Jason back before ever backing a Sonny & Carly reunion. Jason would usually roll his eyes and act exasperated before he bailed her out. At least in the past, Carly's main claim to sainthood was that she was Michael's mother. (That detour in love before the end of NF excepted.)

• Like 8
19 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

FFed through the bobsy twins' scenes.

This is so perfect. They are Flossie and Freddie,

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I was hoping that Carly would have some realization of how badly she raised Michael that he would do this but no, it's not going to happen.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh at that. Michael is still mad that Mommy and Daddy aren't together. Both parents have happily moved on and have told him so, but like the emotionally arrested 8-year-old he is, he can't process it.

That describes Michael well, he's been an emotionally arrested 8 year old through many of his storylines, from kicking Ned out of ELQ to taking Wylie from Lucas.

But what's Joss' excuse? Her father was around so it's not like she would be so upset that her mother's umpteenth marriage to Sonny ended. Is it the entitlement that Carly is no longer first in Sonny's life?

57 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think they are too. And the spoilers are amping up the interaction between Sam and Drew after months of them not speaking a word to each other. I am not happy with this at all. Not!Drew is going to make me hate Sam.

Would they really break up Dante/Sam to put her with Drew again as a consolation prize? Sante has both of those characters in a good holding position and it doesn't feel like the show holds Drew in high enough esteem to give him Maxie.

Speaking of non-relationships, I completely forgot about Ava/Austin/Mason on yesterday's show. If there was every anything interesting in that, it's been completely lost because of the slower-than-glacial speed.

7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It also helps that LW is dialing back Carly a bit. She's not at 11 all the time as she has been.

I wonder if she was affected by the GH twitter comments. They were pretty brutal about the insider trading stuff and LW was tagged on many of them because the show's tweets tagged her.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Would they really break up Dante/Sam to put her with Drew again as a consolation prize? Sante has both of those characters in a good holding position and it doesn't feel like the show holds Drew in high enough esteem to give him Maxie.

The writers do a lot of things that don't make a lot of sense. Like writing the Carlys as perpetual victims even when they're the aggressor.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I was hoping that Carly would have some realization of how badly she raised Michael that he would do this but no, it's not going to happen.

It must have been Leticia's influence that brought him to this.

I really hope that they aren't going to put Sonny and Carly back together. That relationship is such a deadend.

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, Steph J said:

I really hope that they aren't going to put Sonny and Carly back together. That relationship is such a deadend.

They'll have them get married so that they can't testify against each other.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
16 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

They'll have them get married so that they can't testify against each other.

they already don't have to testify.  if they try that trick, Carly doesn't get her deal.  if she keeps her yap shut she doesn't get her deal.  No wedding necessary.

Sonny, Carly didn't lose her hotel because Ned decided to collude with Valentine. She lost it because she decided to gamble.  there's no guarantee that Aurora stock would go up even if the merger went through.

Dex didn't give Michael the only copy.  He emailed it to him.  Even if he deleted it, he can get it back somehow.  I'm fine with his stance, but let''s not act like a deleted file and email are lost forever.

Glad Olivia finally stood up for Ned, who shouldn't have even bothered defending himself to the likes of Sonny.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

they already don't have to testify.  if they try that trick, Carly doesn't get her deal.  if she keeps her yap shut she doesn't get her deal.  No wedding necessary.

Your first mistake is using logic.

• LOL 9
48 minutes ago, Steph J said:

I really hope that they aren't going to put Sonny and Carly back together.

LW is a chemistry black hole, but Sonny/Carly, for some insane reason, still have a big fanbase, so the writers will probably go to that dried-up well again.  It's too bad, because Sonny has been so much more tolerable with Nina.

• Like 6
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

I would love it, if Joss got the drive and turned it in and it did nothing for Carly and we find out Sonny was working with the feds

I would love it if Joss got the drive and turned it in and it sent Carly, Drew, Sonny, Michael, Dex and Joss to jail.  

21 hours ago, Artsda said:

What does the evidence against Esme even do?

Trina said yesterday that it will help Spencer's custody case against Esme for Ace.  

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Artsda said:

What does the evidence against Esme even do? She was arrested but lost the memory, she still has no memory. 

I thought she was just arrested for the revenge porn.  poisoning Oz and drugging trina is a much bigger deal that won't be sorried away by her lack of memory.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Katy M said:

I thought she was just arrested for the revenge porn.  poisoning Oz and drugging trina is a much bigger deal that won't be sorried away by her lack of memory.

Victor is definitely getting his revenge on Esme; if I’m recalling correctly, he thought she wasn’t good enough for Spencer and definitely not for Nic. But if she still has amnesia, I don’t see how they could put her on trial

• Useful 1

From what I can read, in the US, people can be convicted for a crime that they don't remember committing (not necessarily so in other countries).

But I'm not looking forward to this storyline of Esme, manipulated by her psychopath father to break up Nik and Ava, going on trial and losing custody of her son to Spencer who should not have custody of a fishtank much less a baby. If it were Grandma Laura and Great Uncle Ryan or even Great Aunt Alexis, that would be a different story  but Esme is a good mother (so far). I'm thinking that being in jail with Esme would be better for Ace than custody given to entitled, former felon, slacker* Spencer.

*Now that he's out jail, what exactly does Spencer do with his life? He doesn't work with all his trust fund money and he's not going to PCU.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

*Now that he's out jail, what exactly does Spencer do with his life? He doesn't work with all his trust fund money and he's not going to PCU.

That's sort of my thing with Spencer. He's not a contributing member of society. Now that his uncle is dead and his father is still MIA, is he going to get involved with Cassadine Industries, because CEO without a business education or a diploma a la Michael?

Spencer is good at running his mouth and I'm fine with him going after Dex, mainly because I can't stand the character, but there should be more to the character than that and his love interest and my baby brother.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Spencer is good at running his mouth and I'm fine with him going after Dex, mainly because I can't stand the character, but there should be more to the character than that and his love interest and my baby brother.

He can take over Kelly's.

• LOL 2
42 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think that's going to be a whole different plot with the passing of JZ. I'm assuming Kelly's will go to Carly.

Maybe she can remember that she has a club in the cellar which she had called..."The Cellar."

• LOL 6

Scout being sent outside with her harmonica: "Do you think the birds will sing along with me?"

This show writes children so strangely, a combination of precocious and immature. That's a line that a three year old would, at 7 or 8 like Scout, children know better.

• Like 7
52 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Scout being sent outside with her harmonica: "Do you think the birds will sing along with me?"

This show writes children so strangely, a combination of precocious and immature. That's a line that a three year old would, at 7 or 8 like Scout, children know better.

I swear every time Scout is on, they send her off somewhere to entertain herself while the adults talk. 

• Like 5
12 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I swear every time Scout is on, they send her off somewhere to entertain herself while the adults talk. 

Or they put headphones on her head and have her watch something on the phone or listen to music.

Never mind how we haven't seen her brother in well over a year. But let's talk about Oscar's harmonica even though I don't remember him ever having one and his love for music. 

Whatever. I'm fine with them never bringing Oscar up again.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Oscar was originally written as a piano prodigy.   I think that changed before he ever was seen onscreen.

They do that with all the kids.  Off to the hospital vending machine.   Off to the Q kitchen for a cookie.  Those kids should be 200lbs. 

• LOL 5