Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh at everyone being so relieved that Willow's bone transplant was over. It was like getting a blood transfusion. The hard part is still to come. That's what everyone should be concentrating on.

For real.  They're acting like now everything is hunky dory, which, given the way this show treats the Carlys I wouldn't be surprised, but ugh, this story has sucked from the very beginning.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

What happened to daycare for Ace at The Invader?  Wasn't that the carrot that Alexis offered Esme in order for her to take the job?

What's up with the padded toilet seat prominently displayed in Alexis' office? 

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 21-27-17 General Hospital.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
5 hours ago, ciarra said:

What happened to daycare for Ace at The Invader?  Wasn't that the carrot that Alexis offered Esme in order for her to take the job?

What's up with the padded toilet seat prominently displayed in Alexis' office? 

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 21-27-17 General Hospital.png

It looks like the headrest of a massage table.  Does Alexis keep a folded up massage table in her office?

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’m not sure if it’s absolutely necessary to write Laura out of town every year when GF goes on vacation. Why can’t they just say she’s busy or sick like Monica if something’s going on that she should be around for? It’s very weird to have a mayor out of town (and usually out of the country) anywhere between 3-5 months out of every year. Heck, I’m shocked that wasn’t brought up during her recall campaign. 

There's no one to pick up the slack when she's gone now that she no longer has a deputy mayor.

• Like 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They're acting like now everything is hunky dory, which, given the way this show treats the Carlys I wouldn't be surprised,

No, they're going to milk this for every single drop.  there is a reason why TJ told them the complications that could still happen.  Willow wil have every single one of them so she can be at death's door for another 6 weeks.  

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

I thought Spencer said something about Esme having to stay late on her first day, so he had to get Ace home from daycare.  Or maybe that was the GH that plays in my head!!  Although I highly doubt that Esme would have had Spencer's name on the list of poeple who can pick up Ace from daycare if she can't.  But she also didn't seem surprised when she got home and he had already been picked up.  It's all a mess.  

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

she no longer has a deputy mayor.

I'm reading everywhere  online how people are hand wringing over the mayor leaving town for awhile (to accomodate Genie's vacation) and how we won't see her working and how will the town run itself.  But it's not like we saw Laura doing her job as mayor when she is in town.  Just like we dont' see veterinarians or dentists or accountants.  I'm sure they're there and working, we just dont' see it.  The mayor can be the same.  Do we really want to watch Laura trying to balance the city's budget?!!!

Edited by perkie1968
  • Like 7
11 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I think I’m also slightly resentful that she’s the only vet that gets steady storylines while the others are lucky to get something meaty once every few years. 

I do wonder how it all works, contract wise that is--in other words, is Finola Hughes on contract and that means she gets a certain number of episode appearances but Tristan Rogers, Kristina Wagner etc don't?  Is is there choice to only appear at certain times or is it up to the show? I have many questions :)

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 5/30/2023 at 9:44 AM, sunnyface said:

IIRC, the decision was down to Diane or Olivia.  Both are horrible characters.  (yeah but) I thought that the dialogue between Diane and Robert would have been better than watching Olivia getting her fan girl on.  However, that mean-girl and ugly side of Diane that the writers/FV adroitly (imo) avoided for the past couple of months - reared its ugly head in her recent nastiness towards Nina.  Because she hadn't been on much this past decade, I hadn't noticed how horrible she was basically because most of her scenes were either with Sonny/Carly.  That type of spite doesn't just spontaneously occur. 

Carly's best friend who keeps criminals out of prison for a living is not what Robert Scorpio deserves.  Robert and Anna will always gel for me and Holly as a back-up for him.  There's no there - there - with Anna and Valentine. 

On the other-hand, at this point, I wouldn't mind Olivia having a one-nighter with Robert after she moves out of the Qs.  Robert takes one for the team (LC isn't hard on the eyes) and the Qs will only be better. 

Olivia needs to be OFF my screen entirely.  Forever.  And definitely not ever with RobertFuckingScorpio!

On 5/30/2023 at 2:37 PM, Daisy said:

Sam; you can ask me to get leverage on Ned
Me: WHY DON'T YOU ASK NED TO JUST HELP

also. Michael really needs another face. but heh heh that pout when he found out Sonny is engaged to Nina. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1

Michael and his stupid slack-jaw face, mouth always hanging open, needs to crawl back into Mommy's womb.  Let's see.  He never went to college, but has run an international company 'for the past ten years' according to Carly.  That would make him at least in his 30s, while Snarly is only a young 50 something.  Okay, then.  I wonder if Michael goes into business meetings with that horrible attitude and face.  And don't even get me started on his entitlement issues.  Okay, now I need to step outside and breathe.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm reading everywhere  online how people are hand wringing over the mayor leaving town for awhile (to accomodate Genie's vacation) and how we won't see her working and how will the town run itself.  But it's not like we saw Laura doing her job as mayor when she is in town.  Just like we dont' see veterinarians or dentists or accountants.  I'm sure they're there and working, we just dont' see it.  The mayor can be the same.  Do we really want to watch Laura trying to balance the city's budget?!!!

We definitely don't, but whenever she left, the late unlamented Eileen was there replacing her. I think that's sort of the point. 

I don't think Laura should be mayor of a village, tbh. 

There seems to be an opening for the job of deputy mayor.  Surely someone in that town is qualified to do it!  

Cam will be returning with his graduate degree in urban planning.  Spencer surely could do it, and as SLS can run a publicly traded company, surely he could do it in his spare time.  

TJ is an oncologist now, and will soon be going into another speciality in medicine, as soon as the plot requires one.  

Soap characters are just that smart.  Instant mastery of any subject area!

• LOL 5

At least there seems to be a bit of thought put into how Laura will be out of town. Whenever it was time for TG's long breaks, Luke was always abruptly written out, as if it were some giant surprise that no one expected.

FH also has something of a summer break, doesn't she? Maybe this arrest story is her exit point for that.

• Like 2

I was just happy to finally see Esme out of that jean pants plus jacket combo which I’ve always hated, and her beautiful hair was finally down out of that sad pony.

1 hour ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

That would make him at least in his 30s, while Snarly is only a young 50 something. 

I think that kind of makes sense….I think Carly was in her early twenties when she had Michael so if he’s supposed to be let’s say 32 that would put Carly at around 54 which sounds about right.  How old is LW?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

No, they're going to milk this for every single drop.  there is a reason why TJ told them the complications that could still happen.  Willow wil have every single one of them so she can be at death's door for another 6 weeks.  

I thought Spencer said something about Esme having to stay late on her first day, so he had to get Ace home from daycare.  Or maybe that was the GH that plays in my head!!  Although I highly doubt that Esme would have had Spencer's name on the list of poeple who can pick up Ace from daycare if she can't.  But she also didn't seem surprised when she got home and he had already been picked up.  It's all a mess.  

I for one, would welcome an entire episode of Laura sitting at her desk.  Making phone calls, dictating memos, reviewing documents, etc..  it would be a welcome respite from the Carly’s.  

it would also be more interesting than 2/3’s of current storylines.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

There seems to be an opening for the job of deputy mayor.  Surely someone in that town is qualified to do it!  

Cam will be returning with his graduate degree in urban planning.  Spencer surely could do it, and as SLS can run a publicly traded company, surely he could do it in his spare time.  

TJ is an oncologist now, and will soon be going into another speciality in medicine, as soon as the plot requires one.  

Soap characters are just that smart.  Instant mastery of any subject area!

In the GHverse, ifa dummy like SLS can run a multinational corporation in his twenties, then I can be a Tony Stark and build the Iron Man armor.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

This WSB/DVX story is so stupid. For one thing, isn't there a statue of limitations on something that was decades ago? What about the spies who were flipped and are now double agents? And I really doubt that any secret agency wants to play this out in the public arena. Really trying to make yet another bad story happen.

I get why Anna is out of the WSB, she's in her sixties, but what is the show going to do with her not?

Is the new WSB director the new villain of the show?

Jordan: Sure, I'll take to Taggart. But what about Curtis?  Me: Jordan, you dodged a bullet. Again. Take the win and stop thinking about Curtis.

Stella is appalled that Curtis hasn't told Jordan that he moved back in with Portia. Have you met your nephew, Stella?

The more I get to know Dex, the less I like him so I'm all for Spencer having a vendetta against him for breaking up Cameron and Joss even though I know that it's all Joss. I wonder if Dex has the integrity to tell Joss he's not going to give her the recording because it's Michael's decision to make.

Trina:  "We all knew that Cameron's relationship with Joss was in trouble at the end."  Joss/Dex is spoiling Sprina for me.

Trina drags Spencer off to the bank to look at the safety deposit bx, desperately looking for a distraction from her fathers problems.

I just can't get behind the new Molly. This story just feels off.

6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Yes, that's what Spencer said, that as Esme was working late, he picked up Ace from daycare.

Maybe Alexis put Spencer's name down as a pick-up person.

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly's next gig.  

And then Carly takes over the mayor's job while Laura's out of town because she can't stand being in second place.

(My city has four deputy mayors Maybe there is someone else in PC who can do the job.)

• Like 7

Is JPS going on summer vacation too? Valentin offering to accompany Laura to find Nikolas is super random considering they weren’t close and Anna is dealing with legal issues.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

The scenes with Curtis/Stella and Jordan/Portia were just cringe. Stella, Curtis is not a man of truth. Your nephew lies as easily as he breathes. Like when he said he realized when he was with Jordan that he needed to work on his marriage. What a filthy liar. Jordan stopped things from going further and to figure out what was going on with his marriage. Then of course, Mr. No Balls hasn't told Jordan that he moved back home. What in the fuck is wrong with this man?

I FFed through all the Joss/Dex scenes. And if the Trina/Spencer conversation was a casualty, then so be it. But I did catch the ending with Joss wanting the recording so that she can incriminate Sonny.

I'm assuming the new WSB director is someone we might know. I think they should move on from everything WSB, tbh. It's rotten to the core and more trouble than it's worth.

• Like 7
30 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Trina:  "We all knew that Cameron's relationship with Joss was in trouble at the end."  Joss/Dex is spoiling Sprina for me.

Did Cam know? and even if it was rocky, Joss should have ended it before she got into bed with Dex. not after. 

31 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

she's permanent now?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Cam got screwed, for sure, but it wasn't by Dex. It was by his putative girlfriend, Joss. I'd like someone to acknowledge what actually happened.

Shut up, Curtis. Just shut. up. I didn't hear any "hard truths" that Stella supposedly told him.

19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This WSB/DVX story is so stupid. For one thing, isn't there a statue of limitations on something that was decades ago? What about the spies who were flipped and are now double agents? And I really doubt that any secret agency wants to play this out in the public arena. Really trying to make yet another bad story happen.

It's completely idiotic.

4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm assuming the new WSB director is someone we might know. I think they should move on from everything WSB, tbh. It's rotten to the core and more trouble than it's worth.

That's my impression, too. And I agree the WSB stuff needs to go. It's so tired. Let Anna be a consultant if they want to keep her in that arena. She was always going against the WSB anyway, so it's no great change.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Shut up, Curtis. Just shut. up. I didn't hear any "hard truths" that Stella supposedly told him.

Hard truths? Curtis is perfect. So very very perfect. An honorary Carly. He doesn't need hard truths, but he needs to be kicked in the head.

Tomorrow episode looks abysmal.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 5
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Vernee Watson must have needed to hit her minimums because I don't think I heard anything new in that talk. It would have been much more soapy if there had been a hard truth related to his parentage. But that would have requires some complexity, something GH plots seldom have. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, rur said:

Vernee Watson must have needed to hit her minimums

She's recurring, so she has no minimums. It makes sense to me that Stella is involved in this story, but she's not adding anything new.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Valentin offering to accompany Laura to find Nikolas is super random considering they weren’t close

And both of them leaving together means Charlotte is essentially raising herself.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Aw, I was rooting for taggart.  then I thought it would be kind of funny if neither were her father.

Maybe Anna should flip on Sonny.

And both of them leaving together means Charlotte is essentially raising herself.  

Is she living with Laura/  Esme and Spenser can raise her.  Where has Kevin gotten to/

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I’ve had a hard time caring about this storyline. Maybe in the beginning because we knew we were getting a recast and now the recast doesn’t seem right. This new girl looks like HP, but something about her delivery is what I’m not feeling. This actress makes Molly seem a bit whiny. Also, the outfit she was wearing today (mostly the top) didn’t seem like something that Molly would wear. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That's my impression, too. And I agree the WSB stuff needs to go. It's so tired. Let Anna be a consultant if they want to keep her in that arena. She was always going against the WSB anyway, so it's no great change.

I think Anna was right that Victor's game plan was to simply make her suffer and force her to quit the bureau.  I hope Robert hires her to be an investigator for the D.A's office.  besides being a spy, Anna was the chief of police, a private investigator and then police commissioner--working for the DA is the one job she hasn't done yet :)

Man alive, but Joss and Dex are beyond boring--does the show really expect us to see them as the show's young hot couple?

• Like 7
(edited)

I know she was a temporary replacement for HP, but given HP's problems, I hope she's not also the permanent replacement. She's not working for me either. I felt Kate Mansi seamlessly stepped into the role of Kristina but Mia is not doing the same for me w/Molly.  

IMO, she looks much older than HP. I know the actress is younger than HP, but she looks older. She's also very green so her acting isn't that good, IMO. I didn't buy her last week when she reached out to Alexis for a hug a few times. It felt fake. I also had issues w/her line delivery. Today was no exception. She's simply not a good fit for Molly, IMO. 

If they are looking to replace HP, I hope they keep looking. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 4
8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly's next gig.  

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And then Carly takes over the mayor's job while Laura's out of town because she can't stand being in second place.

image.thumb.png.d10b7d0b3e1eca6118855ac4f5b3ae3e.png

Don't give these abysmal writers any ideas!

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I think Stella's role is going to be that she provides the deciding factor as Curtis wavers between Jordan and Portia. She'll reveal that Jordan heroically covered for Stella about stealing the divorce papers, even taking all of Curtis' shit when he was accusing her (Jordan) of trying to delay his marriage to Portia.

Of course, this is all pointless. Curtis is the kind of man who gets a boo boo from his current love interest, and then goes running to a former one to kiss it and make it better. Then when SHE screws up, it's back to the other one.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
10 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Man alive, but Joss and Dex are beyond boring--does the show really expect us to see them as the show's young hot couple?

It's hard to see hotness when they look like siblings.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's hard to see hotness when they look like siblings.

In an interview, CD said when he first saw the Dex actor, he asked why they cast someone who looked exactly like him so we’re not the only ones who see it. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
15 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

In an interview, CD said when he first saw the Dex actor, he asked why they cast someone who looked exactly like him so we’re not the only ones who see it. 

Eww.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Exactly like him but with a much better body and more than one facial expression. But yeah, I’m not feeling it between Dex and Joss either.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

The several recent mentions of Cam leave me hopeful for a return in the near future, even if I also hope he stays far away from Joss. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

What, you're not finding the endless conversations about putting Sonny away for good sexy?

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

maybe they are going for a Flowers in the Attic storyline

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I’m not feeling it between Dex and Joss either.

The scenes yesterday were so awkward.  Like he's being shoe-horned into a 'teen foursome' with Spencer, Trina, and Joss and he looks like the older brother who they'd ask to buy them beer.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The scenes yesterday were so awkward.  Like he's being shoe-horned into a 'teen foursome' with Spencer, Trina, and Joss and he looks like the older brother who they'd ask to buy them beer.  

They did the same thing with Rory last summer. We all remember how well that worked. I didn't even hate the character, but watching him hang out with Joss, Cam and Trina was a massive facepalm for me. And just like Dex, Rory had no friends outside Trina and her friends.

• Like 10
57 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Yeah, it was all awkward.  Same with the knee-deep "pool" that Sprina were obviously sitting/kneeling in.

lmao. that reminds me of when Curtis diving head first into the pool only to go on bended knee.  haha

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Yeah, it was all awkward.  Same with the knee-deep "pool" that Sprina were obviously sitting/kneeling in.

lmao. that reminds me of when Curtis diving head first into the pool only to go on bended knee.  haha

Or Drew doing "laps" that took all of two strokes.

• LOL 7

This is so boring. Endless talk about who turned Carly into the SEC and the flash drive, more talk about Curtis and his women, Joss and Dex about their relationship, Mason is sleazing back and Sprina trying to get Spencer custody of Ace.

Why would Victor be gathering all that evidence against Esme for setting up Trina with the Joss/Cameron tape? All long before Esme got pregnant with a Cassadine heir.

Also, this is rather a moot point since Esme doesn't remember any of this right now so she can't defend herself in court.

Good for Jordan for getting a clue about Curtis at last.

4 hours ago, JMO said:

The several recent mentions of Cam leave me hopeful for a return in the near future, even if I also hope he stays far away from Joss. 

WL said that he would be returning to the show when he can. If there had been no writers strike, I expect that we would be seeing Cameron come back to Port Charles for the summer.

• Like 6

Add me to the list of those who are just not feeling new Molly.  The actresses are probably the same age but because Haley was so young looking this actress just looks way too old.  She looked like TJ’s coworker or something.  It’s just not working.

Also it’s weird because separately Joss and Dex are both what would conventionally be considered hot.  Together though, there’s nothing.  I see no heat at all, no matter how many sexy times they show us.

• Like 4

I think Dex might possibly be the worst actor this show has ever had. It makes me miss Peter. He was painful today. Please stop giving him big scenes 

• Applause 7
  • LOL 4

Jordan. GURL. Show some self-respect and stay away from Curtis. At least she got a nice little dig in about how much he values honesty. We'll see how long her "I choose me" declaration lasts.

Nice to see someone in Sonny's family is genuinely happy that he and Nina are engaged.

It was very satisfying to see Joss's expression when Dex told her he didn't have a copy of the Pikeman tape. Her demands to know everything are so stupid—she clearly learned nothing from growing up in Sonny's house. What a dope.

45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why would Victor be gathering all that evidence against Esme for setting up Trina with the Joss/Cameron tape?

So much for the job Jordan did. The PCPD fails again.

Ned let Olivia off the hook way too easily. Those two need marriage counseling to talk about trust.

• Like 9