Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Can't Sonny and Nina be happy in their newly engaged bliss for two seconds before that beast Carly starts on her rampage and ruins the moment? 

The answer appears to be No. 

• Like 14

Of course Carly expected Olivia to blow up her entire life over her, I'm glad it sounds like Olivia grew something of a backbone (even if I still think Ned should dump her with a quickness).

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Of course Carly expected Olivia to blow up her entire life over her, I'm glad it sounds like Olivia grew something of a backbone (even if I still think Ned should dump her with a quickness).

Olivia thinks Ned did it even after he swore on Lila’s memory so I’m still done with her. Carly was just being 10x as self absorbed and unreasonable than she typically is so even Olivia had to draw a line in the sand. It was already an immediate conclusion for Carly that Olivia would divorce him over this considering the convo started with Carly whining about not wanting to run into Ned at the MC because he was probably staying there after Olivia kicked him out. Plus, Olivia can’t keep bitching about the Qs and Ned every chance she gets if she leaves him so there’s also that. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t think she’ll truly ever want someone who isn’t Jason at this point in her life but she can’t be single either. It’s not like her and Sonny were ever hot when they reunited in 2014/2015. They came off like they slept in separate bedrooms most of the times and Carly was using Jason as a surrogate husband for all of the moments she needed support or someone to talk to once SBu was back in the role.  

All of this is so true 

• Like 6
(edited)

Sadly, the Carly / Drew SEC rationale illustrates what a lot of people think - it isn't a crime if you did it for a "good reason". Therefore everyone who might have reported it or even just didn't punish the reporter is guilty of disloyalty or something.

Edited by KittyQ
typo
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

You'd think Sonny and Nina could find someplace to celebrate their engagement where Carly was unlikely to be. Of course, this is Port Charles, so naturally everyone is always everywhere all at once - like the metaverse. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

i'm on yesterday's epi, but I had to come here to say something I never thought I would say..I agree with Michael.

I know, shocking.  But, Joss is terrible for keeping Dex there just because of her hormones or whatever.

• Like 5

Carly the C actually had the audacity to expect Olivia to kick her husband out over supposedly informing the SEC about insider trading? Why am I even shocked?

I’m actually more shocked Olivia actually dropped a truth bomb or two. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Carly the C actually had the audacity to expect Olivia to kick her husband out over supposedly informing the SEC about insider trading? Why am I even shocked?

I’m actually more shocked Olivia actually dropped a truth bomb or two. 

Not just kick him out. But kick him out of HIS house. If she wants to kick him out of their bedroom that’s one thing. Stupid, but within her purview. However,she has zero right to kick him out of his family’s home. She merely married into it. And even as she was ‘defending’ Ned, she still looked like she was begging Carly for forgiveness. Like it pained her to side with her husband.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

You'd think Sonny and Nina could find someplace to celebrate their engagement where Carly was unlikely to be. Of course, this is Port Charles, so naturally everyone is always everywhere all at once - like the metaverse. 

It’s Nina’s hotel.  

• Like 6

Carly's bully routine didn't work for once today and even though Olivia still sucks (on general principle), seeing Carly not get her way for fucking once was very, very enjoyable.  The absolute gall of that beast to expect Oliva to walk away from her marriage because Carly incorrectly thinks Ned turned her in for CRIMES SHE COMMITTED.  And her defense when Olivia pointed that out to her?  "I lost a lot of money!"  Oh, boo fucking hoo, Miss "ohhhh, what exotic island should we all go to when I make ALL the money?"  Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

I really liked the Sonny/Nina scenes, but I hate that we all know where this is going.  At least I hope Nina gets to wear a pretty dress when she gets dragged and humiliated on her wedding day.  Until then, enjoy that gorgeous ring, Neens. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Not just kick him out. But kick him out of HIS house. If she wants to kick him out of their bedroom that’s one thing. Stupid, but within her purview. However,she has zero right to kick him out of his family’s home. She merely married into it. And even as she was ‘defending’ Ned, she still looked like she was begging Carly for forgiveness. Like it pained her to side with her husband.

that's why I don't give Olivia credit for it.  and she had no problems throwing Ned under the bus before that. I have to say she really has to be that good in bed, for Ned to put up with what he does. because I just can't with that. Even if I believed that Olivia + Carly were best friends. - the audacity to automatically assume that she would kick her husband out of his family home to back her up on her ACTUAL. CRIME. is just mind boggling. And Olivia looked like she was sick to her stomach to actually go "yeah but no. he did have the right even though i hate it."

WHY DO YOU HATE IT? like EVEN with the Willow thing. Carly's not in jail. she's still THERE for her. she's not living at her house. like. just stop. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Why is Ned wasting his time trying to prove his innocence to anyone?

Willow Corinthos? When did they have time to file the paperwork?

Carly thinks Olivia has the authority to kick Ned out of his family home? She should be kicked out and Carly never should have been allowed in. 

Ned needs to be done with his wife for choosing to not believe him. All she does is prefer everyone over him. 

Carly you can go to prison because you're guilty not because you got caught. Losing money doesn't make it not illegal. 

Tracy saying Carly's circle needs to be bigger was hilarious and true. 

Spencer going to question what someone sees in someone else? Dex needs to beat him to a pulp next time.  

Trina really is stupid to Spencer. Spencer tried to be nice to Dex? Lol when. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Aww, I was genuinely surprised that Sonny actually had a ring and that this wasn’t just a spur of the moment “hey let’s get married” thing. I didn’t see that coming and it was sweet. And I don’t care how petty it is I fucking LOVED Carly’s boo face when she overheard Nina and Sonny were engaged. Loved it. Lived for it. So well deserved. 

I was also surprised that Olivia stood up to Carly and defended her husband, even if she did so in the weakest, most apologetic way ever. It’s something I guess. Wow, two true surprises in one episode. That doesn’t happen often!

• Like 10
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Sadly, the Carly / Drew SEC rationale illustrates what a lot of people think - it isn't a crime if you did it for a "good reason". Therefore everyone who might have reported it or even just didn't punish the reporter is guilty of disloyalty or something.

It's how the show has trained us to be with decades of Good Mobsters Sonny and Jason and Brilliant Mob Lawyer Diane who always wins.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
6 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Am I supposed to believe that Spencer wouldn't wipe the floor with Dex?  The guy has a foot in height and 30? pounds on him.

Yes, but what Dex has that Spencer doesn't is the plot armor accorded to the Carlys and those they favor. As long as he's Carly-adjacent, he'll always come out on top and humiliate his enemies.

• Like 8
(edited)

I may enjoy Spencer and find Dex to be a boring wimp, but Dex is a trained soldier. By contrast, Spencer maybe played some Wii. I'm not buying Spencer could take him.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
36 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Am I supposed to believe that Spencer wouldn't wipe the floor with Dex?  The guy has a foot in height and 30? pounds on him.

Yes, Dex could have probably done serious damage and killed him if he wanted to. Dex joined the Army right of of highschool, he has front line soldier training behind him. He's been to war. 

What does Spencer have? Fencing knowledge? Spoiled brat having horses lines.  Spencer is pretty lucky Dex is behaving like an adult and that he's Sonny's nephew.  

• Like 9
9 hours ago, CeChase said:

My god.  Surely even Carly stans see that this is insane, no?  

Nope.  And you would think that she and Drew would be far more concerned with their defense against likely SEC charges (where the Hell are their lawyers?) than obsessing over who turned them in.  The whole storyline is incredibly stupid, and badly written stupid too.

• Like 7
  • Fire 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

"If you're drawing to scale, you're going to have to make Carly's circle a lot larger."  I love Tracy's snark.

Tracy's friendship with Finn is one of the better things on this show.

WHO CARES WHO TURNED CARLY AND DREW IN? THEY COMMITTED THE CRIME.

I feel dirty but Sonny's proposal was sweet. For the first time, I get MB's charm. Nina is completely delusional about Sonny though.

Joss/Dex steam room sex. 🤮 Even in a fantasy.

Stay angry at Dex, Spencer. Also NC looks really good shirtless. Much better than the Dex actor.

How can you dip chocolate chips into peanut butter? I hope there was a spoon involved.

Carly tells Olivia "We shouldn't talk about it." You were fine talking to Olivia when you thought that she was going to punish Ned for you.

Brook Lynn shouldn't quit her day job to write Muzak songs.

I'm all zzzzzzzz with Chase/Brook Lynn but maybe now he can stop concentrating on Willow and think about Brook Lynn instead.

And complaining that Nina doesn't really care about Willow herself, she just wants to possess her as a daughter.

So the viewers can feel sorry for her no matter how terrible she is. She's the star of the show and always wins in the end

You’re not wrong.  Eden McCoy is very attractive.  But Joss is such an odious bitch that I feel zero attraction to her.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, jsbt said:

I may enjoy Spencer and find Dex to be a boring wimp, but Dex is a trained soldier. By contrast, Spencer maybe played some Wii. I'm not buying Spencer could take him.

Hmm.  You all make good points.  On one hand, we have Dex, who soldiered in a hot war zone.  On the other you have Spencer, bulked up like he is entering his superhero era.  Who would win?

I don't know, so let's oil them both up, get them some shortie shorts, and put them in a ring!  

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

What the actual heck, Carly.

1. If you go to prison it's because you broke the law. End of story.

2. I'm pretty sure Ned has told the truth more often than you.  

3. You more than turned a blind eye to Sonny's shennanigans and the reason you aren't with him isn't because you saw the light in that regard.

4. How would Olivia throw Ned Quartermaine out of the Quartermaine mansion. Key word Quartermaine.  Its Monica's house.  Alan gave it to her.

5. I can't wait until she finds out it was Nina.

Spenser, you need to stay out of Cameron and Joss's relationship. It's getting creepy how invested you are in it.

8 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Nope.  And you would think that she and Drew would be far more concerned with their defense against likely SEC charges (where the Hell are their lawyers?) than obsessing over who turned them in.  The whole storyline is incredibly stupid, and badly written stupid too.

Well, Diane is trying to get Carly to flip on Drew. I think she should.  that would be funny just because Nina turned them into get Carly in trouble and because Drew saved Liesel and thus perhaps Willow, she doesn't want him in trouble at all.  I enjoy irony on soaps.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Trina really is stupid to Spencer. Spencer tried to be nice to Dex? Lol when. 

Every time he only yelled at him and didn't punch him.  Duh.

• LOL 4
15 hours ago, Katy M said:

But, Joss is terrible for keeping Dex there just because of her hormones or whatever.

Dex hasn't been chomping at the bit to leave, so once again, this is all manufactured drama to make me invest in those two idiots. And once again, it's a big fail for me. I NEVER CARED.

11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Why is Ned wasting his time trying to prove his innocence to anyone?

I know, right? It's not as if anyone will apologize to him when it comes out that it was Nina who dropped the dime on Drew and Carly. "Well, it's something you could have done!" is more likely what he'll get.

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Dex has military training, though. Spencer is all emotion when it comes to fighting, whereas I think Dex would keep his head. Whatever, this dick-measuring between the two of them is so stupid. Joss is not worth the breath they're wasting.

• Like 7

I don’t think they were fighting, fighting. Seems like Dex sucker punched him because Spencer’s line about how Joss’ future doesn’t exactly line up with his hit a little too close to home. Michael sucker punches people all of the time but I can’t see him taking people down in a fair fight. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Dex has military training, though. Spencer is all emotion when it comes to fighting, whereas I think Dex would keep his head. Whatever, this dick-measuring between the two of them is so stupid. Joss is not worth the breath they're wasting.

Yep. It's not all about size.  Size can actually be used against someone, especially if he is the aggressor.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Spencer going to question what someone sees in someone else? Dex needs to beat him to a pulp next time. 

Seriously! I love NAC, but Spencer is such an overbearing spoiled brat. He and Trina look like one of the couples who are just going to constantly be fighting and breaking up and getting back together, only not a funny version like some. What's the over/under on months before she walks in on him after he's had hate sex with AmnEsmé because he misunderstood something and thought he and Trina were over. 

Also, when Trina was waiting for her DNA test results? I thought she definitely clocked the way he treated that Black hospital employee like the lowliest maid in his personal mansion, throwing around that his family is important so she better hop to.

Who goes to the person their friend is having sex with and plays "I know them better than you do" trivia anyway? That is not normal behavior. There are probably people who have been married 50 years and can't name the horse their spouse fell off of at 12.   

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
5 minutes ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

Seriously! I love NAC, but Spencer is such an overbearing spoiled brat. He and Trina look like one of the couples who are just going to constantly be fighting and breaking up and getting back together, only not a funny version like some. What's the over/under on months before she walks in on him after he's had hate sex with AmnEsmé because he misunderstood something and thought he and Trina were over. 

Also, when Trina was waiting for her DNA test results? I thought she definitely clocked the way he treated that Black hospital employee like the lowliest maid in his personal mansion, throwing around that his family is important so she better hop to.

Who goes to the person their friend is having sex with and plays "I know them better than you do" trivia anyway? That is not normal behavior. There are probably people who have been married 50 years and can't name the horse their spouse fell off of at 12.   

Honestly if NAC leaves the role, I can see myself not liking Spencer.  He does have a lot of faults.  But I just appreciate the actor too much to turn on him now.  I will just enjoy it until he's gone, assuming he does leave.   And I do enjoy a complicated character anyway. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

I thought she definitely clocked the way he treated that Black hospital employee like the lowliest maid in his personal mansion, throwing around that his family is important so she better hop to.

To be fair, Spencer treats everyone that way if they’re not of the same socioeconomic status. Always has, always will. Remember when he was a boy, he called everyone Townies. In this instance, I think it was just an unfortunate coincidence that the lab tech was Black. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

but he didn't. He told the lab technician that Trina's mother was a hospital employee in charge of something so she shouldn't be kept waiting. and Trina didn't mind that she was. I didn't get any racial undertones at all from that. (and working in places like universities and hospitals since i was an undergrad, believe me, i was told countless times by my supervisors that I didn't have to wait in line or do anything to get my information processed for school because I worked in the admin office, just tell the people who were in charge and I moved on up and i'm not as wealthy or affluent as Spencer's family).  It also seemed to me that the technician wasn't really telling Trina anything about delays (because Trina had said she was waiting forever). 

2 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

the writing was stupid here (when is it not?), but I didn't see it as playing trivia, I saw it as more as Dex knows nothing about Joss. Dex can smirk and goes "it doesn't matter, because i see her as the Woman she is now." coolbeans, but what does he know about the woman then? That she wants to be a doctor, she hates Sonny and Nina and loves her family.  I feel Spencer was pointing out that Dex doesn't know the minutiae of Joss's being  - which I totally agree with. I mean again I'll wave my "I'm old fashioned card" loud and proud, but I would be very concerned about any of my friends if all they were doing was having sex and it really didn't seem that they knew nothing about their life outside the immediate day to day. that leads to major issues. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

The funniest part of Spencer's "I know Joss" questions was citing "Children of the Corn" as her favorite movie.  Not so much because of the semi-stupid corn obsession reference she had, but because of the seriousness of how Spencer stated it.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

So what if Spencer knows more about Joss than Dex? He should: They've been friends since childhood (as we get told endlessly). But what does it matter if Spencer knows what Joss's favorite snack is? Or the name of the horse she fell off when she was 12 years old?

Spencer is starting to come across like a jealous lover, and Joss isn't even his girlfriend. 

Spencer needs to worry more about his own relationship with Trina. Does he know her favorite movie? Snack? 

Shut up, Spencer.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think it was Spencer who threw the first punch.

I apparently zoned out because I didn't even notice the fight.  But Spenser full-on told Trina that he threw the first punch and if he were going to lie, he would have said Dex did.

21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Spencer needs to worry more about his own relationship with Trina. Does he know her favorite movie? Snack? 

he knows her favourite artist, art style, why she's interested in art, why Ava's important to her, and I do remember other conversations about them getting to know each other and like I said I think that Spencer's point. His friend is with a guy that knows like 3 things max about her and then they sleep together. citing stuff from where they are 12 okay not the very best way to make that point across - and maybe in that moment Dex could just be quiet and not prove the stuff he does know about Joss - but again they know each other for a year, been sexually active for 1/2 of that, and he doesn't really know anything about her past? or about little ticks like that at all?  again, I dunno that would be a red flag for me if one of my girlfriends were with a guy like that.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, Katy M said:

Spenser, you need to stay out of Cameron and Joss's relationship. It's getting creepy how invested you are in it.

Granted, I'm on the barge, and I also am out of town, so haven't been able to watch, but do you mean Dex and Joss? Since she dumped Cameron months ago?

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Granted, I'm on the barge, and I also am out of town, so haven't been able to watch, but do you mean Dex and Joss? Since she dumped Cameron months ago?

No.  I meant Joss and Cam because he keeps telling Dex that Joss and Cam are meant to be together and would be if it weren't for him and they will be again one day once he's out of the picture.  For some reason, to me, trying to break a couple up isn't as disturbing as trying to keep one together after it's over.  Exceptions made for children of divorced parents and then it's understandable.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
55 minutes ago, Daisy said:

he doesn't really know anything about her past? or about little ticks like that at all?  again, I dunno that would be a red flag for me if one of my girlfriends were with a guy like that.  

We don't really know what Dex knows about Joss, since all we see them do is talk about Sonny or Michael and how unfair life is and then have sex. They've had very limited (and stupid) writing.

As long as Dex isn't abusive toward Joss, which he hasn't been, Spencer needs to butt out. He's got enough going on without taking on the nothing relationship that is Joss and Dex.

• Like 5

Carly: I don't have the energy to unpack Nina.
THEN WHY DID YOU BRING IT UP. 
Also. because it will always. always need to be said. You devastated her world twice and are wholly unapologetic about it. shut up always. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

Michael might not have any Aurora stock but he was the CEO at the time and Carly is his mother. I don’t know why they’re using whether he owned Aurora stock to explain why he’s not being charged. Seems like a hamfisted way to wave it off because they ignored his involvement so they could do Drew and Carly’s big “secret” relationship 

• Like 6

The SEC is coming at us hard for whatever reason.

Carly doesn't deserve this.

Drewfus needs to be knocked on the head several times. You partook in insider trading and Carly deserves everything she gets. Thx.

• Like 5
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Michael might not have any Aurora stock but he was the CEO at the time and Carly is his mother. I don’t know why they’re using whether he owned Aurora stock to explain why he’s not being charged.

Apparently having a sick wife is a get-out-of-jail-free card. Good to know. Next time I get in trouble with the law, I'll tell them I have cancer. That should do the trick. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
6 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Michael might not have any Aurora stock but he was the CEO at the time and Carly is his mother. I don’t know why they’re using whether he owned Aurora stock to explain why he’s not being charged. Seems like a hamfisted way to wave it off because they ignored his involvement so they could do Drew and Carly’s big “secret” relationship 

right? this is so dumb

5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The SEC is coming at us hard for whatever reason.

literally screamed YOU COMMITTED A FEDERAL CRIME

Why is Diane telling Carly to perjure herself?

• Like 8