Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, rur said:

I had thought that Tracy was coming off as much more strident than usual today and was wondering why almost every single line was snark. But after reading the comments here, I understand. The writers had to make us dislike Tracy so we'd cheer for Carly and Drew. 

Not gonna happen.

I want Tracy to crush them, and ensure they are both sent off to prison.  Cackling gleefully as they are sentenced.

The End.

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Well Tracy has done horrible things and has never had to pay for them, says the guy who did something criminal and is trying his darnest to not pay for it.

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

To the woman who was an INTERIM MOB QUEEN and didn't spend a minute in jail.

Then it got even better. The example Carly came up with of an unpunished bad deed of Tracy's was framing Alexis for drunk driving. That was so much worse than Carly drugging AJ (who was in recovery at the time), pouring alcohol all over him, and leaving him in a back alley so his family would think he had relapsed. I'm struggling to recall how she "paid" for that.

• Like 1
  • Applause 11

It takes a certain level of cognitive dissonance to remain this smug and judgmental over someone else never paying for their crimes when you’ve gotten away with far more. Not to mention using that justification to blackmail said person in an attempt to get away with yet another crime she was 100% guilty over. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, nilyank said:

He also tried to marry Kate/Connie but ended up with murdered cake.

A travesty of justice unto itself. NO ONE should decimate a perfectly good chocolate cake and not be sent to prison for life!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Then it got even better. The example Carly came up with of an unpunished bad deed of Tracy's was framing Alexis for drunk driving.

I know you have a much better memory than I do. Didn't Alexis and Tracy talk about this and Alexis decided not to press charge? And didn't she do that to try and save Ned's marriage to the wife who has nothing but contempt and lowkey hate for him?

If that's the case, then it means that we are about to get a rewrite. 

Drewfus and Carly can't even come up with something interesting to blackmail Ned with.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I know you have a much better memory than I do. Didn't Alexis and Tracy talk about this and Alexis decided not to press charge? And didn't she do that to try and save Ned's marriage to the wife who has nothing but contempt and lowkey hate for him?

Tracy got arrested for it when she returned to town last year but the charges were later dropped because Alexis felt bad for her since Luke just died and also decided that she wanted to be the bigger person and let it go. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
20 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

If that's the case, then it means that we are about to get a rewrite. 

Drewfus and Carly can't even come up with something interesting to blackmail Ned with.

That is the way of it. There was also the fact that Tracy also said it was also to help Alexis get the help she needed to get sober.  

I also loved the dismissive. "Luke died like last year, so why is Tracy even here?" shot from Drew. like how dare she be here with her family. 

• Like 10
16 hours ago, Steph J said:

Michael: Dex can just go to Canada and start a new life.

On behalf of Canadians everywhere, please don't send us your trash, Michael.

LOL!  Show often treats Canada like it's this lawless land with no extradition treaty with the USA, so anyone can escape the law by merely going into Canada.

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Lily Rivera (1996) Carly Corinthos (2000–2005, 2007, 2015–2022) Claudia Zacchara (2008–2009) Brenda Barrett (2011)

I didn't even remember him marrying the last two!  I recall he walked out on a Brenda wedding (a time when Sonny actually left the show for a few months).

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I also loved the dismissive. "Luke died like last year, so why is Tracy even here?" shot from Drew. like how dare she be here with her family. 

Drew is a jackass. There is no cure for what he has.

18 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

LOL!  Show often treats Canada like it's this lawless land with no extradition treaty with the USA, so anyone can escape the law by merely going into Canada.

The show treats Canada like it's the dumpster behind a restaurant or some landfill.

• Like 6
  • LOL 7
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
11 hours ago, ciarra said:

I thought Drewsome and Carly's assets were frozen.  How are they paying for drinks at the Metro Court?

They probably expect Olivia to comp them.

And she probably will.  Per the previews, looks like she's going to get involved in this 'let's blackmail Ned!' scheme, because of course she is.  I mean, loyalty to your quasi best friend and not your husband, that's just good old common sense.  #IHateThisShow

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And she probably will.  Per the previews, looks like she's going to get involved in this 'let's blackmail Ned!' scheme, because of course she is.  I mean, loyalty to your quasi best friend and not your husband, that's just good old common sense.  #IHateThisShow

Is she really going to help them blackmail her own husband?  They need to divorce.  I can't with this.  I hate to have to bring this out, but this, this is MALARKY.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
13 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Is she really going to help them blackmail her own husband?  They need to divorce.  I can't with this.  I hate to have to bring this out, but this, this is MALARKY.  

This is also the reason I was annoyed that they made Tracy pro-Olivia out of nowhere. It never made sense that she suddenly liked Olivia and Olivia clearly doesn’t care about her. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't know why they're keeping them married. It doesn't seem like Olivia has forgiven Ned for cheating on her. 

Divorce, move out. It's not like she can't afford it.. Ned can have visitation with Leo.

1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

This is also the reason I was annoyed that they made Tracy pro-Olivia out of nowhere. It never made sense that she suddenly liked Olivia and Olivia clearly doesn’t care about her. 

Olivia doesn't like the Quartermaines. The End.

• Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't know why they're keeping them married. It doesn't seem like Olivia has forgiven Ned for cheating on her. 

Divorce, move out. It's not like she can't afford it.. Ned can have visitation with Leo.

I think it’s more about keeping Olivia tied to a core family but I’ve never found anyone who cares much about that character let alone desiring to give her a big circle. However, I don’t think their central issue is cheating. Olivia is still complaining about the same crap that she was in 2020 when they started fighting. She resents the Q family Ned’s place in it. They never worked out those major issues because once Ned cheated, it all became a one sided problem where he had to grovel and fix things and the rest was ignored. 

• Applause 8
37 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Olivia doesn't like the Quartermaines. The End.

I really want Lois to come back. I think Julie Pinson (Eve, Port Charles) would be a great recast. 

Or anyone! Olivia needs to be knocked down a peg or ten, and it'd be great to see Brook Lynn interact with her mom. 

Also, I think Ned deserves better. Even though he cheated, I dislike Olivia so I don't care. (no shame in my petty game. lol) 

• Like 3
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

I didn't even remember him marrying the last two!  I recall he walked out on a Brenda wedding (a time when Sonny actually left the show for a few months).

He left Brenda at the altar in 1997, which was his exit story when Maurice Benard decided to leave the show. It would have been a great ending for the character, who from 1993-97 played out a solid three act arc that saw him rise to power, have power, and then lose everything that mattered because his power made him a target.

He was gone for about 15 months and then returned and started consuming the show.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

which she can take a seat because she was very warm for Robert's form too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Do they really expect the audience to cheer Olivia supporting Carly over her own husband? {don't answer that, rhetorical question) Olivia is so anti- everything Quartermaine and her husband most of the time that I can't figure out why she's still married to him and living there.

20 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Once again, Joss goes on about how Dex can make his own decisions about his life while she tries to make decisions about his life. I can't with this nitwit.

Same here, but good lord, they are both so deeply stupid.

Yes. On the plus side, I appreciate how much they are writing both to be just like Carly (even if it is by accident).

15 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

If Drew and Carly had a brain cell between them, they could just ask Ned if he would consider calling in some favors to "atone." They don't have to skip right to pure intimidation.

But that wouldn't be true to Carly.

And unfortunately Carly has made Drew more like her rather than Drew toning down Carly's worst instincts.

3 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Except when they need it as an exotic place for Peter to take Maxie to.

In this case, I don't mind because it just show how completely clueless Michael is about everything outside of his blinkers.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And Carly asking if Olivia kicked Ned out? Out of what? His home? Get fucked Carly. A million times.

More fucking gaslighting with the implication that Olivia is the Q matriarch.  

• Like 8
Just now, Cheyanne11 said:

More fucking gaslighting with the implication that Olivia is the Q matriarch.  

Well Q matriarch just grew a spine and stood up for her marriage.

She told Carly that she did commit a crime and that she worked too hard for her marriage to blow it up now. So she's been allowed to retain some brain cells.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

She told Carly that she did commit a crime and that she worked too hard for her marriage to blow it up now. So she's been allowed to retain some brain cells.

Wow, who let a rational writer out of their cell to write that dialogue?  Of course now Carly will get boo-boo face because the entire world isn't on her side.

Maybe Drew can set Olivia straight with his blazingly stupid defense argument he made yesterday of "Carly and I were just trying to do what was best for the company!" 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

"Carly and I were just trying to do what was best for the company!" 

Carly told Olivia that she was just trying to help her son.

Someone should play her the tape where she was laughing about how rich they were all going to be.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly told Olivia that she was just trying to help her son.

Someone should play her the tape where she was laughing about how rich they were all going to be.

When she was searching for some place for them all to go on vacation because she was going to be so filthy rich.  Yeah, that was just to 'help her son.'  Get bent, Carly.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
17 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Someone needs to shoot Olivia out of a cannon and straight into the sun. 

And Carly asking if Olivia kicked Ned out? Out of what? His home? Get fucked Carly. A million times.

My god.  Surely even Carly stans see that this is insane, no?  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Now the insider trading is alleged? Shut. UP. SHOW. (also. See. Ned is helping Carly and Drew and they didn't have to blackmail him). 

Olivia is all Boohooy "Carly you hate me" Carly, is like. You? Never, Your husband, that's a different story". oh give me strength. (also shut your mouth). You hate Ned because your pea brain thinks he turned you in. He hates you because you constantly hurt his family. lmao Carly is like. YOU DID KICK YOUR HUSBAND OUT RIGHT FOR NOT BEING TEAM ME. omg. im dying. and Olivia actually looks embarrassed that she didn't. #FreeNed. Carly is like I can go to jail because of your husband. Olivia...barely defends Ned by saying that Carly did break the law. Carly is all "TO HELP MY SON" Olivia says "yes, but Ned told the truth."  - honestly, i didn't expect that but truthfully that's not really enough. Olivia is all I'm not going to police Ned's business decisions. Carly is PISSED and goes "we can't talk". heheh. 

Nina turns down Sonny because it's a pity proposal and not planned. She's very logical when she's thinking straight. but Sonny goes, nope not pity and pulls out such a gorgeous ring. (take notes, Michael. THIS is a pretty engagement ring). Nina turns him down again. She doesn't want to cost him anymore. Okay Nina no, Sonny isn't perfect. This proposal though is bringing me verklempt and NOW he goes down on one knee. awww. 

i thought that steam room scene was real. thank goodness it wasn't.

Finn does the jukebox thing which was funny. as is his face "Why am i here?" and he split so fast. Tracy teases him hahaha 
Chase is singing for BLQ. 

Dex is all "all you know about Joss is in the past." but the thing is you don't know about the past EITHER Dex. and what do you know of Joss NOW other that Sonny gets you both horny. 

• Applause 4
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Thank god.  But still. Carly asked.  Carly expected her to kick her husband out.  This is irrational, deranged behavior.  And then in two minutes they will be whining that Nina "doesn't respect boundaries".  

You know they will!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Thank god.  But still. Carly asked.  Carly expected her to kick her husband out.  This is irrational, deranged behavior.  And then in two minutes they will be whining that Nina "doesn't respect boundaries".  

not only did she expected it, she doubled down on it and got pissed off that it didn't happen. 

5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

When she was searching for some place for them all to go on vacation because she was going to be so filthy rich.  Yeah, that was just to 'help her son.'  Get bent, Carly.

i'm sure Michael would have been allowed to go on the vacation too. 

• Like 5
(edited)

Well I’m not surprised that Carly expected Olivia to be on her side to the extent of ending her marriage over it considering how she’s acted for the past year. However, the fact that Carly got angry at her after she explained that she didn’t kick Ned out and that Carly did commit the crime she’s charged with was still something. IMO the reason Carly stormed off in the end was hearing that Ned told the truth if he was the whistleblower because Carly is still living under the delusion that she did nothing wrong and had good intentions. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Yeah I’m supposed to buy that Carly is so over Sonny and is happy with her life. If that was the case, she wouldn’t react like this every single time she’s in their presence.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Yeah I’m supposed to buy that Carly is so over Sonny and is happy with her life. If that was the case, she wouldn’t react like this every single time she’s in their presence.

She's alway like that, though. She might not want anything to do with Sonny or whomever, but she also doesn't want another woman to. It's such a terrible look.

• Like 4
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I don't think she's over him, but I also think that Carly is one of the pettiest bitches in the soap universe (men and women) and that she doesn't want him to be happy if she isn't. 

I don't think Drewfus does it for her at all. She rebounded with the first guy who showed interest in her. Period.

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
(edited)

Today's unintended comedic line: 

Curtis: Did I give up on my marriage too quickly?

Me : you gave it all of five or ten minutes . . . so maybe?

And, I've decided on a new drinking game: Take a shot every time someone abuses their "I" and "me" pronouns. Writers, there's nothing wrong with having your characters use correct grammar. 

Edited by rur
  • Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't think Drewfus does it for her at all. She rebounded with the first guy who showed interest in her. Period.

Drewfus also has bonus points for being jason's twin so if she can't have the real deal....

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't think she's over him, but I also think that Carly is one of the pettiest bitches in the soap universe (men and women) and that she doesn't want him to be happy if she isn't. 

I don’t think she’ll truly ever want someone who isn’t Jason at this point in her life but she can’t be single either. It’s not like her and Sonny were ever hot when they reunited in 2014/2015. They came off like they slept in separate bedrooms most of the times and Carly was using Jason as a surrogate husband for all of the moments she needed support or someone to talk to once SBu was back in the role.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I cannot with the Spencer/Dex pissing match.

4 minutes ago, rur said:

And, I've decided on a new drinking game: Take a shot every time someone abuses their "I" and "me" pronouns. Writers, there's nothing wrong with having your characters use correct grammar. 

I'd have died of alcohol poisoning at least five years ago if I did this.

I don’t think she’ll truly ever want someone who isn’t Jason

I will never not love that Carly came thisclose to having everything she wanted and then Sonny comes back at the crucial moment. For that alone she should resent Sonny forever. Ha!

• LOL 11

"If you're drawing to scale, you're going to have to make Carly's circle a lot larger."  I love Tracy's snark.

Tracy's friendship with Finn is one of the better things on this show.

WHO CARES WHO TURNED CARLY AND DREW IN? THEY COMMITTED THE CRIME.

I feel dirty but Sonny's proposal was sweet. For the first time, I get MB's charm. Nina is completely delusional about Sonny though.

Joss/Dex steam room sex. 🤮 Even in a fantasy.

Stay angry at Dex, Spencer. Also NC looks really good shirtless. Much better than the Dex actor.

How can you dip chocolate chips into peanut butter? I hope there was a spoon involved.

Carly tells Olivia "We shouldn't talk about it." You were fine talking to Olivia when you thought that she was going to punish Ned for you.

Brook Lynn shouldn't quit her day job to write Muzak songs.

I'm all zzzzzzzz with Chase/Brook Lynn but maybe now he can stop concentrating on Willow and think about Brook Lynn instead.

42 minutes ago, CeChase said:

And complaining that Nina doesn't really care about Willow herself, she just wants to possess her as a daughter.

27 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Aww, noes! Carly got her face cracked twice in the same show.

So the viewers can feel sorry for her no matter how terrible she is. She's the star of the show and always wins in the end

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

So the viewers can feel sorry for her no matter how terrible she is. She's the star of the show and always wins in the end

You’re right that this is probably the intent but Carly is written so hateful and unrepentantly smug that it only works for those who already love her and hate most of the other characters. It’s the same reason that Carly catching Sonny in bed with Nina and losing her hotel didn’t hit the way it should have. Without a major reset and some big losses, it won’t work 

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
(edited)
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Well viewers like me got a kick out of it. I never smiled so wide while watching this dumb show. I'll take the win. But you're probably right anyway.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6

What was the point of Dex’s steam room fantasy? Don’t they typically do those for couples who haven’t slept together yet or ones about to have an illicit affair? We’ve probably seen Joss/Dex in bed or naked on the couch more than every other couple combined this year. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4

What was the point of Dex’s steam room fantasy? ... We’ve probably seen Joss/Dex in bed or naked on the couch more than every other couple combined this year. 

There's nothing else to them other than being star-crossed and sex, and Frank is desperately trying to make fetch happen.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
9 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

What was the point of Dex’s steam room fantasy? 

They're trying very hard to tell us how hot and sexy block of wood and Joss are. Because they're neither and the writers are trying very hard to make it happen. Just as they keep telling us how forbidden their relationship is.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, rur said:

Anna really butchered the English language the other day, at her house.  I forget which day that was or I'd look it up in the transcript. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Ha, Carly says she doesn’t want to blackmail Ned because that might end up hurting Olivia. Shit, Olivia would probably HELP Carly. Olivia has shown time and time again she has no loyalty to her husband.  And I really don’t know what Carly and Drew think will change if and when they blackmail their chosen person….it’s in the hands of the SEC now and oh yeah….THEY ARE GUILTY.

I forgot Tracy and Finn were friends. Love them. I enjoyed her sparring with Gregory.

Nina is looking fantastic lately. I don’t know what’s changed but she doesn’t look “puffy” and sometimes CW has that puffy filler look about her. Even so, she always looks great, but she’s been looking even more so lately. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2