Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Spencer to Esme: Have you ever worked a day in your life?  (Me; Pot, Kettle, Black. Excluding the job at Kelly's which he ditched as soon as he could.)

Holly's tearful goodbye to Robert left me unmoved since I know that it's because of Samms' schedule and not because of storytelling. I just hope that he doesn't go into Diane's arms now.

Portia's orange eyeshadow is very distracting. Also, listen to Ava and leave Trina to her own relationship with Spencer.

Oh look, Jordan is wearing orange too. I guess it's an aphrodisiac to Curtis.

Plot contrivance. But I don't mind, I'd rather see her in the Invader offices than always fighting with Spencer or trying to run away. And hopefully it gives Alexis something to do because the Gregory relationship is a terrible story.

Do I can about Victor's will?  Nope.

Haley P. did a good job on screen today. Too bad she screwed it up off screen.

Yeah, I read about that too.  I really hope she gets her personal shit together.

• Like 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Portia is going to drive Trina right into Spencer’s arms with her attitude. It’ll serve her right. 

Yep.  Like I totally get why she feels the way she does and I don’t blame her but she’s been a parent long enough to know the more you try and push your kids one way the more they want to do the opposite.  She needs to stop.  And usually I love her styling but the orange eye shadow was a huge NO.  Ava’s hair was frizzy too.  Maybe it was an especially off day in hair and makeup as those two usually look fabulous.

I thought it was adorable how clueless Mac was about his brother’s love life shenanigans.  I just love Mac.

And Esme was finally allowed to take off that denim jacket!  Small favors, ha!

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Artsda said:

At least Alexis was invited to the funeral, not sure why Sam was. Shouldn't Ace be?

Sam is still a Cassadine. You could make the case easier if you know, the show bothered writing more than a scene with her and uncle Victor. I'm assuming Kristina and Molly received an invitation too along with Valentin. 

Of course, I'm also assuming that Drew has been invited so that his plus one can be Carly and we can have her crash the whole thing.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 5
(edited)

I have a very different take on the Spencer Esme question.  I thought Esme acted the total spoiled, entitled, Karen.  Answer phones?!  How ick!  I'm taking my baby and this small bag, with no money, no food, no place to stay and just leaving!  Where's my trust fund??   

Come on,  give me a break.  My God Esme is so annoying.  I liked her better when she was straight up wicked.  Right now she's just another whining Karen in town.  

As for Spencer, I appreciate that SOMEONE stays on her neck.  She was an awful person.  She likely still is.  At the very least, she should not be trusted until proved otherwise.  I'd feel the same if that was my baby sibling she was toting around. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2

IMO, the writers have ruined Esme. She’s a complete failure at this point. They need Spencer to harass and bother her because otherwise she has no story. She has no friends. She has no family. She has no true identity with the amnesia. She’s just there. They stupidly had her baby survive so she can’t just leave town. 

Even though I don’t like Esme and think she’s a nut, I don’t think the show has done a good job of explaining why Spencer believes she shouldn’t be able to raise her own kid. As far as he knows, she targeted him and his dad. Ok……but is that it? I wish he would talk more about the danger she poses. I also wish he demanded a DNA test or something. He’s been coming off as more obsessed than legitimately concerned.

I don’t know. I hate this story. Spencer is being sacrificed to give Esme a story. That happened with Nikolas too. I wish Esme would just go away because she’s not a viable character IMO, but I know she’s here to stay unfortunately. Spencer and Sprina will be sacrificed to keep her relevant. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, lala2 said:

As far as he knows, she targeted him and his dad. Ok……but is that it?

Well he knows she framed Trina and was happy to let her go to prison. Drugged someone, and targeted Ava. Ignoring all that, her going after him & Nik on her psycho dad's orders is a good enough reason(from his perspective) not to trust her with an infant long term, which is fair. But I agree 100% that this show is going about it all wrong & it's being lazy as shit(what's new?). Esme taking off with Ace without securing a way to feed, clothe, or house him is about the first unfit thing she's done since she had him.

Spencer should move out of Laura's not to make life easier for Esme, but because Spencer is too involved in this for his own good. He's definitely being crapped on writing wise and it's probably gonna get worse from here on out especially if Esme sticks around :/ 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

That's all true (about spencer going about it the wrong way).  I don't know if I'm giving the writers too much credit here, but I took it to mean Spencer is still a Cassadine.  When he said to Esme, no matter where you go I'll be there, did you see Portia's face?  I took it as meant to show Spencer will always have that part of him that can go dark Cassadine.  And that's what he is constantly internally fighting.  I mean, if that's how he is going to be written, if it's written well, I feel it will make him a very compelling character.  They certainly have the actor to pull it off.  But I do understand what others are saying, there's a fine line between that and Spencer being thrown under the bus, with him and Trina used as props to keep Esme up.  That I would not like at all!

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 5

Honestly, I feel Ace was born so Victor could have had him to usher in the new era. what should have happened was instead of Victor dying etc. they could have had all the stuff destroyed, and Victor kidnapped the baby completely.  (you could even still have the explosion). then that way you don't have Esme running around screaming "my baby, my baby etc." all the time. then pull him out later whenever it suited a purpose. 

I don't blame Spencer for being so..... Grrr Arrgg at Esme, and that spilling over onto being protective of his brother. on top of all the stuff Esme had did - i think he's just looking at it that his mom died, and for the most part Nik sucked monkey as a dad.so I can totally see the over-compensation (being irrational as that's what Cassadines DO), of well HE can give his brother what he had from the start - love, attention, and have stuff he didn't have as a kid - emotional support. But it's also clouding his judgement that Esme DOES love her kid and wants to do the best for him as well. the writing just sucks by showing the dynamic completely one dimensional. 

I liked Esme when she was evil until she super duper crossed the line.  like most people on the show right now they have no idea what to do so she's really doing nothing which is simply a big ole waste o time

• Like 6
  • Love 4

When I see Ace, I get shades of baby Michael. They gave Carly a kid because she was the absolute worst and it forced a group of characters to interact with her when she would have otherwise been siloed. They wrote Esme into a corner and made the mistake of giving her 2 parents who also wouldn’t give her a big circle who would be willing to take her in or give her a chance. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Skarzero said:

Well he knows she framed Trina and was happy to let her go to prison. Drugged someone, and targeted Ava. Ignoring all that, her going after him & Nik on her psycho dad's orders is a good enough reason(from his perspective) not to trust her with an infant long term, which is fair. 

I don’t disagree with any of that but I feel like the show has downplayed all those great points, esp the last one. IMO, Esme will forever be a psycho because she thought her psycho dad’s plan made sense! And she got herself pregnant to further his insanity! That’s nuts!! 

With how they play it though, I wish we saw more neglectful parenting with Esme. I’m not saying she would abuse the kid but maybe Spencer comes home to find the baby screaming and her with headphones on, or Laura is coming home to find her about to leave while a virtual stranger she just met at Kelly’s watches the baby. That would be more interesting to me. I hate, loathe, and despise Esme but she seems to be a fairly decent mom. Spencer wants her baby to punish her, not because she’s necessarily failing in her parental duties. I think it would be a better story if she wasn’t such a good mom. We could see she loves the kid but doesn’t really want to be bothered with him.  Spencer would then not come off so stalkerish. I don’t know. I like my storytelling more in the gray. These folks are very black and white. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 1

Could they not afford Robert and Holly's theme song?  After they inflicted JaSam's song "Just You and Me" on us a million times, they couldn't afford a bit of nostalgia?

• Like 3

Michael on the phone with Carly: "Thanks for the heads up. don't worry, I won't let Nina anywhere near Willow."

Please let this woman die. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 10
  • LOL 3
9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Michael on the phone with Carly: "Thanks for the heads up. don't worry, I won't let Nina anywhere near Willow."

Please let this woman die. 

So Carly was lying and gaslighting? Shocking 

Today sort of made it obvious that Sonny would let Dex quit if he goes to Sonny himself and asks but I’m sure Joss will continue to act like he’s stuck there by force so they can keep playing victim. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Sasha:  I'm going to talk to the Carly's on your behalf Nina. 
FINALLY, Sasha. (though that should be constantly, and always, sorry). 

Joss after months of treating Sonny like crap is like "well. you said you'd do anything for me. soooo i want something. Fire Dex, I want him to live his own life." Sonny legit sides eye this and goes "well then he should have the balls to quit himself." Joss whines that Dex doesn't even know she's there, and she just wants dex FREEE of SONNYY. and Sonny rightly goes. well he was on my payroll when you met him, and when you had a relationship with him so why is this an issue now?

• Like 2
  • Applause 7

Has Curtis even had a single convo with Portia about ending their marriage? He’s trash for stringing her along. He probably wanted to see if Jordan would take him back before deciding 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Gladys:  "Take it from me, it can't miss."  Me: Any financial dealing that "can't miss" is one to walk away from.

Sonny turns down Gladys' proposal because it would be insider trading. So Sonny knows more about legitimate business that Carly, Drew and Michael.

"I'm not asking you to let this go, I'm just asking you to be smart about how you approach our daughter."  Every person Portia speaks to tells her to back off.

Ugh, why is Jordan telling Curtis how much she cares about him? Taggart is worth 20 of him, and would be even if he weren't emotionally cheating on his wife with his ex-wife.

Is Curtis going to join the WSB now?  Offscreen please. Also, in the past few years he's gone from cop to PI to nightclub owner and now he's restless again? Does Kevin do ADHD assessments? Hey, maybe that's how Hatman was misdiagnosed.

I like the James kid. More of him, less of Wylie please.

Scott to Obrecht:  I thought we weren't talking to each other.  Me: then why did you sit down with her?

33 minutes ago, Daisy said:

So when Carly told Nina that she wouldn't interfere in her relationship with Willow, she was lying. No surprises here.

23 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Today sort of made it obvious that Sonny would let Dex quit if he goes to Sonny himself and asks but I’m sure Joss will continue to act like he’s stuck there by force so they can keep playing victim. 

It's all that Joss and Dex have, sex and Sonny. And of course fighting about Sonny leads to sex. And then Carly Jr. smugs off, knowing that she's won again.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5

Okay, I kinda wish Curtis & Jordan had sex because i wouldn't have minded SOME smut today LOL but either way Curtis. you scum [and honestly, I don't even find this attractive at all]. he threw a tantrum and divorced Jordan for not being honest. He wasn't honest with Portia [not justifying her lie by omission], and then threw  another tantrum about honesty. Now he's shoving his tongue down Jordan's throat wishing that they could have what they lost and wait for him to make a decision

YOU ARE MARRIED, FOOL.

Michael needs to grow up. "Sonny will choose his family over Nina." Sonny ALWAYS  chose you. YOU DIDN'T WANT HIM IN YOUR LIFE. 

as I said before. Sasha saying she'd advocate is sweet, but she should have been doing this always and constantly before hand, especially when they talk crap about Nina. I really though want Nina to realise what she said, cut her losses and just dump all those Carlys. circle back to the grandkids when they are old enough. 

Joss is stupid. so is Dex. Portia needs to seriously grow up. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

the ending confused me.  Scott told Cody they had to get those papers signed so he couldn't hang out with James anymore and then he turns around and offers Liesel and James a ride?  and, James had a sundae, and then a brownie and now hes getting cupcakes?

And Dex, I wouldn't worry about it, Sonny knows that Joss just wants you out because you're in wuv, and if you tell him you also want out, he'll let you go.  Why are we making so much drama of this?  

• Like 4
22 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I thought the Molly/TJ scenes were well acted. I thought her reaction was realistic and may reflect the feelings of a lot of women who can't carry their own babies but I really don't care about the story. I hope this isn't a rethread of Maxie/Lulu/Dante. Don't want it.

I really liked all those scenes.  I liked that they explained why some cases are more severe than others.  I thought Molly and TJ had appropriate reactions and all the actors include in their doctor did well.  I’m sensitive to fertility stories so I really felt her pain and I’m glad it hasn’t been minimized.  It was well done.

17 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Maybe Esme will meet a decent guy, who will not put up with Spencer’s idiotic plan to take Ace the Giant Baby away from her and put him in his place.  

I’d love to see her with Cam if WL was sticking around, if for no other reason to see Joss’s head explode.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Gladys:  "Take it from me, it can't miss."  Me: Any financial dealing that "can't miss" is one to walk away from.

Especially from Gladys. Her track record isn't exactly encouraging there.

1 minute ago, Katy M said:

And Dex, I wouldn't worry about it, Sonny knows that Joss just wants you out because you're in wuv, and if you tell him you also want out, he'll let you go.  Why are we making so much drama of this?  

When will those nimrods realize no one cares about their relationship, whether Dex works for Sonny or not?

"I don't tell Willow what to do." Michael, that is ALL you do. You just do it much more passive-aggressively right now.

• Like 13

Jordan wants to know if Curtis is on the rebound, hahahahaha! He just got married 2 (?) weeks ago to another woman.......What do you think?

Jordan is so dense,

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
7 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Holy crap those were some LARGE earrings Neeka was wearing.  I don’t know how they weren’t ripping her earlobes off.

They were, but they looked fantastic on her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

also the funniest thing was Sonny saying that Joss was as honest as her mother.
really needed that laugh today but my eyes hurt because they also rolled really hard

• LOL 12

I had to laugh when Joss told Sonny she wanted him to fire Dex so Dex could make his own decisions about his life. 

I cannot listen to Portia whine about Spencer and Trina yet again.

Curtis, you suck. Jordan, you're a hopeless idiot.

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Holy crap those were some LARGE earrings Neeka was wearing.  I don’t know how they weren’t ripping her earlobes off.

I almost missed the earrings because I was so jealous of her gorgeously sculpted arms. 👀

• Like 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

. . . but either way Curtis. you scum [and honestly, I don't even find this attractive at all]. he threw a tantrum and divorced Jordan for not being honest. He wasn't honest with Portia [not justifying her lie by omission], and then threw  another tantrum about honesty. Now he's shoving his tongue down Jordan's throat wishing that they could have what they lost and wait for him to make a decision

I realized today that Curtis My Thoughts And Feelings Are The Only Ones That Matter Ashford is actually a Carly. 

Edited by rur
  • Like 2
  • LOL 14

I appreciate the juxtaposition of Portia telling Taggart that Curtis is the love of her life with Curtis saying to Jordan "Let's get a room." 

How exactly does Portia plan to keep her adult, dorm-living daughter from Spencer? Portia and Curtis need to be together to save two other people from having to be married to either of them.

Michael:  At the end of the day, I'm counting on Sonny to choose his own family over Nina.

Michael, your mother walked away from him and is happily in a relationship with another man. At this point Nina is his family. And you and Joss, not his biological family, are the only ones demanding that he choose you over the woman he (currently) loves.

Not to mention, Sonny lying to the SEC that Drew went to Maui is him choosing his family.

3 hours ago, Blackie said:

Jordan wants to know if Curtis is on the rebound, hahahahaha! He just got married 2 (?) weeks ago to another woman.......What do you think?

It's a fair question though, Jordan wants to know if Curtis, who has rejected her repeatedly, wants to sleep with her because he's mad at Portia for not telling him that Trina could be his daughter. Jordan gives Curtis too much credit though, he's pissy enough to jump from one woman to another just because he feels slighted by first Jordan and then Portia.

• Like 11
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Michael, your mother walked away from him and is happily in a relationship with another man. At this point Nina is his family. And you and Joss, not his biological family, are the only ones demanding that he choose you over the woman he (currently) loves.

Isn't it nice that Willow being on her deathbed (IF ONLY) has given Michael some perspective? Oh, wait...

• LOL 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

It's a fair question though,

Its fair to ask someone who has legit broke up from their ex. Curtis basically hasn't even talked with Portia since they GOT MARRIED!  The question Jordan should be asking is, "Have to talked to your WIFE since your WEDDING day?, what is the exact status of your MARRIAGE?" Then maybe she can wonder about his rebound feelings.

ETA: maybe she was asking him that, i admit I wasn't listening closely because it is so stupid and then then next thing I saw they were kissing,

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Like 4

Curtis should have had a brief rebounding session with Neka, not Jordan. Also, the Curtis actor seems so checked out and expressionless lately, he cannot carry off a "torn between two lovers, feeling like a tool" storyline. 

It's crazy how many newer characters have been a flop. It's a shame, cuz some are good actors and/or had promising starts: Esme, Austin, Maxie's parents, Dex, Cody, Gregory, Blaze, Hatman. Not to mention the show rendering useless established characters like Maxie, Willow, Drew, Jordan, even Sam and Carly! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Curtis should have had a brief rebounding session with Neka, not Jordan. Also, the Curtis actor seems so checked out and expressionless lately, he cannot carry off a "torn between two lovers, feeling like a tool" storyline. 

It's crazy how many newer characters have been a flop. It's a shame, cuz some are good actors and/or had promising starts: Esme, Austin, Maxie's parents, Dex, Cody, Gregory, Blaze, Hatman. Not to mention the show rendering useless established characters like Maxie, Willow, Drew, Jordan, even Sam and Carly! 

I couldn’t agree more,  they need different writers.  Even I could do better.  I wonder if could work remote from Washington State?  

Seriously though, they need to improve the show’s writing.  Big time.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I wish Nina would forget about Willow and just focus on a mother/daughter relationship with Sasha. Then Willow can jealously observe from the sidelines and regret how hateful she was (hah, if only).

Edited by DanaMB
  • Like 16
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Curtis should have had a brief rebounding session with Neka, not Jordan.

Neka seems like she has her shit together and is way too mature to be in a rebound relationship with her boss who is also A MARRIED MAN. I wouldn’t wish Curtis on her. He’s hot, but that’s all he has going for him right now. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Daisy said:

Oh, fuck both of these assholes.  Carly acting like Nina ran out of her house screaming "GH, here I come!  I'm going to see my daughter!"  Also, LOL at Michael saying he doesn't tell Willow what to do.  Since when, bud? 

I did like Dante being totally unfazed with basically telling Michael they should make amends with Nina.  Everyone else tiptoes around the Carlys, not wanting to rock the boat and profusely apologizing if they offend with their words--it's pathetic.

Speaking of pathetic--or maybe more like unintentional comedy gold, I cracked up when Joss and Woody McWoodson were ~fighting, then suddenly he stiffly/awkwardly lumbered over to her and they started kissing.  They've got chemistry rivaling Carly and Drew.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 14
13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Speaking of pathetic--or maybe more like unintentional comedy gold, I cracked up when Joss and Woody McWoodson were ~fighting, then suddenly he stiffly/awkwardly lumbered over to her and they started kissing.  They've got chemistry rivaling Carly and Drew.

Right after Sonny was mentioned. If anyone needed proof talking about Sonny turned them on, that was it. 

• LOL 13
11 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I wish Nina would forget about Willow and just focus on a mother/daughter relationship with Sasha. Then Willow can jealously observe from the sidelines and regret how hateful she was (hah, if only).

I agree with the first part.  I don't think the second part should or would happen.  Willow doesn't have to like Nina just because she's her mother, nor does Nina have to like Willow just because shes her daughter.  they have a complicated relationship and if both or either of them don't want to be close just because they share DNA, there's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2

Curtis works best in action stories, he really does.  He was great in Greenland.  I think they need to have him sell that nightclub and join the WSB, but stay in Port Charles.   As for romantically, I think he treated Jordan so badly and I want to see her with someone else.  Him and Portia probably deserve each other, but I still want him with Nina down the road, when Sona inevitably implodes.  I love the idea of Sonny proposing to her, but I am almost certain this is leading to a humiliating wedding day (SEC) reveal that will destroy Nina and I'm really pissed about that. 

• Like 5

Sonny is going to let Dex go if he asks, so where is this drama of need to run or make a plan?  There's no drama here. Lol

Good for Dante giving Michael some truth about Nina.  Carly of course said she'd not interfere then 2 mins later interfere.  Nina needs to be done with Willow and her worship of Carly and Michael.  

Curtis is a cheater now on top of mob gamer in his back room but he judges all others for lies. Haven't they been living in the same house and he called Portia his wife says ago? Jordan always wanted him back since she kept investigating Portia's business more than doing her actual job. Then she's going to ask him if he's on the rebound? He's married. Lol 

• Like 6

I was happy to see Nina in her scene with Sasha, one that (mostly) didn’t have her in sad sack mode re: the Carlys.  

The Jordan/Curtis kiss seemed so sudden that I thought that one of them would wake up or snap out of their daydream.  Then, of course, I hoped Selina would come down the stairs and bust them.

I might’ve nodded off - was Gladys any more specific on her “investment” opportunity to Sonny than “can’t miss”?

Portia is starting to wear thin; I’d be in if she somehow goes soapy/off the rails but don’t see that happening.  All I’ve really focused on in her scenes lately are the eye shadow and what amazing skin BK has.

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Sonny is going to let Dex go if he asks, so where is this drama of need to run or make a plan?  There's no drama here. Lol

There never has been, which cracks me up. Nobody cares about Dex and Joss being together except Dex and Joss.

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Then she's going to ask him if he's on the rebound? He's married. Lol 

I can't believe I'm supposed to have sympathy for any of these ding-dongs. Curtis, Portia, and Jordan all deserve what they get.

15 hours ago, mostlylurking said:
16 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Curtis should have had a brief rebounding session with [N'neka], not Jordan.

[N'neka] seems like she has her shit together and is way too mature to be in a rebound relationship with her boss who is also A MARRIED MAN. I wouldn’t wish Curtis on her. He’s hot, but that’s all he has going for him right now. 

Yeah, I don't see N'neka being dumb enough to get involved with Curtis, even on a ONS basis. His current behavior is seriously undercutting his hotness for me right now. He's such a self-important douche.

• Like 6
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nobody cares about Dex and Joss being together except Dex and Joss.

Joss running around town being like "IT'S A SECRET!" and "NOBODY CAN KNOW!" meanwhile everyone is yawning and filing their nails like 'child, what are you going on about?"

• Like 2
  • LOL 5