Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I love Nina's jacket. That said, making Nina grovel to Carly just makes me hate Carly more.

Carly telling Nina that she won't stand in Willow's way if Willow wants a relationship with Nina proves that Carly was lying when she said that she had no influence over Willow's relationship with Nina.

I still don't like Cody but the threat to streak the TV show unless they cut the baby crying sound in Sasha's ear bud was clever.

As a woman of a certain age myself, I am embarrassed by Holly and Diane fighting over Robert. And they were fighting even if they were very polite. It reeks of desperation.

I remember the days when Robert was thrilled by Holly's ability to skate the law. Who is this guy who is thinking that he prefers Diane's legal bullying?

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, sashabear21 said:

I’m sure this probably more of a creatively bankrupt issue than a morally bankrupt one (Frank may have his quirks but he’s not Jill Farren Phelps), but it does seem unbelievably cruel to make a pregnant in real life actress play any kind of dead baby storyline even if it’s just a rehash of the trauma from the first one. I’m sure they probably didn’t have much lined up for the character story wise so this was probably the easy route to take but couldn’t they have just sent her on a several months Deception tour of Japan or something? 

not speaking for the Sasha actress, but I remember that Sarah Drew (from Grey's Anatomy) was pregnant on the show when they had her teeevee baby die minutes after being born. like her entire pregnancy on the show was basically her knowing that she was going to give birth to a baby that was gonna die within minutes and people were so upset for SD until it came out that she had actually requested a storyline like that (knowing she was pregnant) because she felt it would be a great story to tell. - because things like this does happen.  So I have to believe that if the shoe were on the other foot, and the Sasha actress truly felt uncomfortable that they would acommodate that. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Nina is apologizing to her face and Carly won’t acknowledge it let alone accept it. 

And ten minutes from now she'll be complaining that NIna never apologizes or takes accountability.  

• Like 11
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

And ten minutes from now she'll be complaining that NIna never apologizes or takes accountability.  

whats pissing me off is that this women has apologized so hard that she bought back Carly's of the hotel. Carly just wants to be mad because she doesn't want to admit to herself that EVERYTHING is like this because of her. [and this isn't even taking into the fact that she does in fact have the right to be angry about NF etc]. 

If she wanted Sonny, she would have him. if she wanted her hotel, she'd have it. so just shut up

• Like 5
  • Applause 10
(edited)

I hate this show. Actually, I hate Carly more than I hate the show. Carly is a succubus. And LW really needs to tone down the smugness and self-righteousness. It's too much to take when the dialogue is skewed toward La Carly. That's enough. No character escapes humiliation when it comes to our Carly and the whole she must win mantra that the writers have been pushing for years. I miss the face crack when the real Drew as Jason wanted out of the mob, away from her, so that he can have a life with his wife and kids. Of course, we can't have nice things like that anymore.

This whole Nina/Carly thing has got to stop. Pot , meet kettle. You're black!!! Like Carly never tried to steamroll or steamrolled her way into her children's lives or the lives of the good people of PC.

The Diane/Holly interaction was not cute. On the other hand Felicia/Alexis was nice.

Gladys is the dumbest asshole on this die of the border. Girlfriend, Ms. Wu wasn't trying to make friends when she was sending you texts to invite you to the high stakes poker games. She's a mob boss for fuck's sake. So now we know what she is after. Info on Sonny. Are we finally going to get movement on this?

I know Sasha won't kick Gladys to the curb, though. I don't even dislike Gladys, but she is so damn stupid.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I hate this show. Actually, I hate Carly more than I hate the show. Carly is a succubus. And LW really needs to tone down the smugness and self-righteousness. It's too much to take when the dialogue is skewed toward La Carly. That's enough. No character escapes humiliation when it comes to our Carly and the whole she must win mantra that the writers have been pushing for years.

It's insufferable.  Carly could be revealed to be the actual Hook serial killer and somehow no one would have a problem with it, that's how insane the 'Carly must always win' mantra has become.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 14
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I still don't like Cody but the threat to streak the TV show unless they cut the baby crying sound in Sasha's ear bud was clever.

I kind of was only half listening and then I heard Cody say "and its really big" and I looked up and he was starting to take his pants off....WHAT!!  but then I realized he was talking about the fine for having a streaker on the show.

Whoever that "actor" was playing the PA, that was God awful.  The too much botox, the creepy smile..... ugh.

The other crap, I can barely pay attention...

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
17 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's insufferable.  Carly could be revealed to be the actual Hook serial killer and somehow no one would have a problem with it, that's how insane the 'Carly must always win' mantra has become.  

She killed useless people, therefore she should be hailed a hero and thrown a parade. It's not just the Carly must always win mantra. It's also the "let's exonerate her at all cost." She partook in insider trading. How dare someone turn her in?

The fuck, show.

• Like 12
  • Applause 5

Well, it sounds like Sasha and Cody have good scenes so I will tune in for that on Hulu and then ff the banshee mess.  And Sprina is on tomorrow.  It is a shame that I don't even get to appreciate Cynthia Watros anymore though.  I love her layered performance, and always like to watch her, but I ain't watching this shit.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I think Gladys should just go to Sonny about her gambling problem and that Miss Wu is threatening her. Her attempts to hide it and letting Miss Wu to threaten her just creates problems

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
9 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I think Gladys should just go to Sonny about her gambling problem and that Miss Wu is threatening her. Her attempts to hide it and letting Miss Wu to threaten her just creates problems

People's "problems" on this show are all easy to solve if they would just go tell someone what is going on.

• Like 7

I hope Sasha recovers after she finds out the her MIL betrayed her, stealing her money and lying to her. 
Can the writers just stop dumping on this character? It’s becoming more vile with each s/l for her. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
40 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Mike (Ron Hale) used to do that.  He'd go to Sonny and beg for help and Sonny would berate him.  It was painful to watch.   I remember him getting beat up a lot because Sonny refused to cover the debts.

• Applause 1
3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Mike (Ron Hale) used to do that.  He'd go to Sonny and beg for help and Sonny would berate him.  It was painful to watch.   I remember him getting beat up a lot because Sonny refused to cover the debts.

I forgot about that or wasn’t watching at the time. So maybe not, but he might have a more forgiving response these days

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

Well, it sounds like Sasha and Cody have good scenes so I will tune in for that on Hulu and then ff the banshee mess.  And Sprina is on tomorrow.  It is a shame that I don't even get to appreciate Cynthia Watros anymore though.  I love her layered performance, and always like to watch her, but I ain't watching this shit.  

I came here to see if I should even bother to watch today. I’ll definitely ff the Carly /Nina scenes. Who needs to see that smug bitch face all the fucking time?

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I hope Sasha recovers after she finds out the her MIL betrayed her, stealing her money and lying to her. 
Can the writers just stop dumping on this character? It’s becoming more vile with each s/l for her. 

i will say - i am a bit more forgiving of Gladys - I feel her behaviour is happening because she isn''t really grieving for Brando + the addiction behaviour rearing its ugly head.  that's the only reason though

• Like 4

What's the point of sasha?  She isn't Nina's daughter ,her baby died and her husband died. Why is she still on the show?

And I still don't know what the deceptor is.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

i will say - i am a bit more forgiving of Gladys - I feel her behaviour is happening because she isn''t really grieving for Brando + the addiction behaviour rearing its ugly head.  that's the only reason though

I like the character of Gladys. She is not perfect, she has flaws but at least they haven't made her do something that is practically irredeemable without amnesia or brain tumour. Plus she is an attractive middle age woman who looks pretty natural. And yesterday I thought there was good chem with Scotty even when he was trying to avoid her LOL!  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ljr said:

What's the point of sasha?  She isn't Nina's daughter ,her baby died and her husband died. Why is she still on the show?

And I still don't know what the deceptor is.

The Deceptor sounds like fake boobs - something to stuff into your bra to give your cleavage some oomph. 

• LOL 7
On 5/15/2023 at 11:58 AM, YaddaYadda said:

Scotty is me when he saw Cody. Ugh! You. Go away!

I don't know why we were treated to Nina/Drew scenes no one asked for. Send him and his girlfriend to jail and lose the key forever. I don't understand why the burden is placed on Nina to be the one to do whatever it takes so that Carly forgives her when this whole thing started with Carly lying about Nelle and being completely unrepentant about it and being completely unrepentant about the Willow lie. The writing is so lopsided. Everyone needs to grovel to the Queen of Assholes, while we sweep her misdeeds under the rug.

I'm thinking that Joss will be the one who turn Sonny into the cops/feds so that she can keep her block of wood near her. That way she can talk some more about Sonny before, probably while, and certainly after they've had sex. 

Gladys lost $85K at the poker game? Crash and burn doesn't even begin to describe it. And the show giving Sasha an intentional breakdown by playing baby cries in her earpiece. I know the actress will be going on mat leave soon, but good grief, leave Sasha alone.

I like Robert's hatred for Valentin.

Episode pacing was bad.

This gambling storyline is nonsensical and tedious.  Why is Gladys playing high stakes poker at all?  Especially after how she got spammed last time around.

On 5/15/2023 at 1:22 PM, Gam2 said:

Short as in all of 3 seconds of it? I was appalled at that.

It will take some time to produce an actual memorial.  Assuming that happens.

• Like 1
On 5/15/2023 at 2:09 PM, statsgirl said:

Robin's name wasn't brought into it, that was my extrapolation. Robert was scolding Anna for risking her life as if she was a child or had a child at home to take care of.

I've always been a huge Robert/Anna fan but he treated her with more respect when he was hating her back in the day than he does now with Valentin.

More like she loves the status of being considered pre-med.

Given how much money her father has, I'm pretty sure that even if Joss is on the run with Dex, she's not going to have to wait tables under the name of Trixie.

Like Willow dying and Carly's insider trading, it takes up months of time and  goes nowhere

Amd would anyone want to see them in the run?  They’re not exactly Genie and Tony.  It would just be nauseating.  Unfortunately I can see this happening too.

On 5/15/2023 at 5:29 PM, Mirabelle said:

The more Dex talks the more I'm convinced he was forced out of the military for being an idiot. 

I don’t see him as having served in an Air Force desk job, let alone some kind of special ops.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
On 5/15/2023 at 4:44 PM, ljr said:

Joss and dex were snooze. All they talked about was sonny.  Then had sex.

Eden McCoy is what I would normal consider to be a hot chick.  It takes some real shit writing to make her sex scenes so…….. unsexy.

7 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Carly is a straight up bitch. 
Nina is apologizing to her face and Carly won’t acknowledge it let alone accept it. 
How about Wiley , Carly. He happens to love  Gramma Nina so why not do it for him ? Amelia is going to grow up wondering about Gramma Nina because of Wiley. So do it for the little people, Carly or is it really all about you?

Nina having to grovel before that awful bitch was just nauseating.  Thank God I have a strong stomach.

• Like 9

I skipped the last two days, and it looks like I haven’t missed much! Haha! And I’m definitely glad I missed Nina groveling to that bitch, Carly, and her jerky boyfriend. No thanks! 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Actually I think Carly had a point, or two.  Telling Nina to back off and telling her the relationship was a disaster of her own making when she went after Teacher!Willow.  Willow is getting cancer treatments, she does not have to indulge Nina by allowing her a phone call.  It's seeing her grandkids (supervised visits) that Nina should be lobbying for.  If Nina were given a phone call, it wouldn't be enough, she has to keep pushing for more.

Edited by ciarra
1 hour ago, Suicidy said:

Robin's name wasn't brought into it, that was my extrapolation. Robert was scolding Anna for risking her life as if she was a child or had a child at home to take care of.

I thought that was pretty ridiculous because although I like them both it’s not like having a child ever stopped Anna or Robert from doing dangerous things and being gone for months (years?) at a time, leaving Robin to be raised by Mac.  Neither one was exactly parent of the year.

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

I like the character of Gladys.

I also like Gladys and the actress who plays her.  I thought she showed a lot of growth and loyalty to Sasha after Brando died.  She was the only voice of reason to say Sasha absolutely should not do this stupid home shopping network stint.  Even though she’s definitely an opportunist, she’s shown she can be smart.  I’m not really liking this gambling story but I guess it’s a mixture of genes and the grief over her son dying.  Gladys doesn’t have to be a one noted character although that’s probably how the show will play it. 

• Like 6
5 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I came here to see if I should even bother to watch today. I’ll definitely ff the Carly /Nina scenes. Who needs to see that smug bitch face all the fucking time?

Yes, this is exactly why I haven't been watching. I feel bad for missing out on all the other characters who aren't Carly or one of her disciples, but FFing through her/their scenes is more effort than I want to give this fucking show.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
4 hours ago, ciarra said:

Actually I think Carly had a point, or two.  Telling Nina to back off and telling her the relationship was a disaster of her own making when she went after Teacher!Willow. 

Here's my problem with that: it's a dishonest retcon on the show's part. If they really had written Nina as treating Willow badly for years, and she only changed her tune when she found out Willow was her daughter, I'd say fair's fair and Nina deserved the criticism. But all of Willow and Nina's issues were in the past. Nina had apologized and they were more than cordial to each other...until Nina learned she was Nelle's mother and blurted something out to Wiley. And then kept Sonny away from his family for nine months.  

Carly had her own family relationship that was a "disaster of her own making" when she came to town and began an affair with Tony. It isn't the whole story of Carly's relationship with Bobbie just because it began that way; they had put that behind them within a couple years. Bobbie was too forgiving too quickly for my taste, but then, Carly usually gets rapid-approval forgiveness. And I suspect during the inevitable Bobbie/JZ tribute episode, it won't be brought up at all.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5
(edited)

There is a fine line between being mean and bossy and being cruel.  Have to hand it to the Carly clan - their scenes greatly enhance my enjoyment of watching every other single scene.

Edited by sunnyface
grammer
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Here's my problem with that: it's a dishonest retcon on the show's part. If they really had written Nina as treating Willow badly for years, and she only changed her tune when she found out Willow was her daughter, I'd say fair's fair and Nina deserved the criticism. But all of Willow and Nina's issues were in the past. Nina had apologized and they were more than cordial to each other...until Nina learned she was Nelle's mother and blurted something out to Wiley. And then kept Sonny away from his family for nine months.  

Carly had her own family relationship that was a "disaster of her own making" when she came to town and began an affair with Tony. It isn't the whole story of Carly's relationship with Bobbie just because it began that way; they had put that behind them within a couple years. Bobbie was too forgiving too quickly for my taste, but then, Carly usually gets rapid-approval forgiveness. And I suspect during the inevitable Bobbie/JZ tribute episode, it won't be brought up at all.

that is my big issue with it as well. Willow started hating Nina when she found out that Sonny slept w/Nina on the Haunted Star. That's when the whole "there is no path for you to see Wiley" came in.  (and honestly even that wouldn't bother me so much, but it's the fact that she is SOOO insistent about that aspect, but she is all team Sonny and how everyone needs to just kumbayah get back together.  The show also retconned the fact that Willow actually heard Sonny tell Nina that he wanted to to tell the family everything in his own time and that SHE shouldn't say anything.

the thing is. - what is actually really more frustrating than this - is that this is clearly still powered by their hatred of Nelle - which is fair. but since they can't take it out on Nelle, they are taking it out Nina - which is not. Because if Nina didn't say [the human thing] of Nelle might not be so bad had she been raised in a loving environment  - I doubt they'd be this pissed off. 

and what is severely missing is more people telling Michael that this is exactly AJ 2.0. And it's worse because Wiley knows about NIna. they have a relationship. EVERYTIME we see them together, he lights up like a Christmas tree.  Michael of all people should know that you simply can't "wait and let random age be the right time to spill all the tea and let the kid decide after we've warped their mind enough." because - Michael had  barely any relationship with Lila - and  like 2 conversations with Alan before they died.  and the fact that Willow is at death's door (and rudely not going through it). should be an ample reminder of that. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Daisy said:

that is my big issue with it as well. Willow started hating Nina when she found out that Sonny slept w/Nina on the Haunted Star. That's when the whole "there is no path for you to see Wiley" came in.

Zero self-reflection as usual from a Carly who was making eyes and fucking another man while married to another. I'll never forget the look of disappointment in her face when she found out Chase would live.

People who live in glass houses are really quick at throwing stones.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

Good for Sasha.  If I were that female producer, or whatever she is, I would have either just blasted some static in Sasha's ear, or if I had time recorded an explanation to her.  She really sold her soul for that next paycheck.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Zero self-reflection as usual from a Carly who was making eyes and fucking another man while married to another. I'll never forget the look of disappointment in her face when she found out Chase would live.

People who live in glass houses are really quick at throwing stones.

and how quickly they blamed Chase for their affair. And that Chase was also pond scum for sleeping with BLQ and not "realising" that Bailey was his at the time. i have no clue why BLQ & Chase are friends with them because their "Apologies" to both of them sucked. 

2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Good for Sasha.  If I were that female producer, or whatever she is, I would have either just blasted some static in Sasha's ear, or if I had time recorded an explanation to her.  She really sold her soul for that next paycheck.

i honestly didn't get that.  I gathered this show is basically the Home Shopping Network in PC land. there are no "ratings" so why force a breakdown to begin with

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i honestly didn't get that.  I gathered this show is basically the Home Shopping Network in PC land. there are no "ratings" so why force a breakdown to begin with

I think technically there are ratings.  But, a home shopping network wouldn't care about them as they're not selling ads.  What they would care about are sales of the product.  If other businesses with products to sell saw that lots of people were watching they might be more inclined to sell their wares there.  But, if the reason the viewing was high was because of a specific pitch person for another company, that's not going to translate to more views/sales for them.  So, yeah, it was stupid.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

that is my big issue with it as well. Willow started hating Nina when she found out that Sonny slept w/Nina on the Haunted Star. That's when the whole "there is no path for you to see Wiley" came in.  (and honestly even that wouldn't bother me so much, but it's the fact that she is SOOO insistent about that aspect, but she is all team Sonny and how everyone needs to just kumbayah get back together.  The show also retconned the fact that Willow actually heard Sonny tell Nina that he wanted to to tell the family everything in his own time and that SHE shouldn't say anything.

the thing is. - what is actually really more frustrating than this - is that this is clearly still powered by their hatred of Nelle - which is fair. but since they can't take it out on Nelle, they are taking it out Nina - which is not. Because if Nina didn't say [the human thing] of Nelle might not be so bad had she been raised in a loving environment  - I doubt they'd be this pissed off. 

and what is severely missing is more people telling Michael that this is exactly AJ 2.0. And it's worse because Wiley knows about NIna. they have a relationship. EVERYTIME we see them together, he lights up like a Christmas tree.  Michael of all people should know that you simply can't "wait and let random age be the right time to spill all the tea and let the kid decide after we've warped their mind enough." because - Michael had  barely any relationship with Lila - and  like 2 conversations with Alan before they died.  and the fact that Willow is at death's door (and rudely not going through it). should be an ample reminder of that. 

That is what is so wrong - they should not use Wiley to punish Nina.  They are not thinking of Wiley's best interests.  

Carly always winning is less the problem than the hypocrisy.  Nina called her out on it and Carly says "Maybe I'm a hypocrite, maybe i'm not . " Um, you are one, that's clear, Carly.  And so are the other Carlys.  Next they are going to be justifying the double standards!  

• Like 10
11 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

Carly always winning is less the problem than the hypocrisy.  Nina called her out on it and Carly says "Maybe I'm a hypocrite, maybe i'm not . " Um, you are one, that's clear, Carly.  And so are the other Carlys.  Next they are going to be justifying the double standards!  

Speaking of double standards, Carly has accused Nina of treating Willow like a possession, which is rich coming from the baby hoarder.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
22 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

Nina called her out on it and Carly says "Maybe I'm a hypocrite, maybe i'm not . "

LOL maybe?! I really needed that laugh

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I think technically there are ratings.  But, a home shopping network wouldn't care about them as they're not selling ads.  What they would care about are sales of the product.  If other businesses with products to sell saw that lots of people were watching they might be more inclined to sell their wares there.  But, if the reason the viewing was high was because of a specific pitch person for another company, that's not going to translate to more views/sales for them.  So, yeah, it was stupid.

Major shopping networks care about sales. They're constantly collecting minute-by-minute data on sales -- who's doing the selling, what's being said when people call in, if it's being demonstrated, etc. If someone has a breakdown live, how many people were watching wouldn't matter to the network, but how many sales occurred because of it would. Once again, the bad dialog  is a failure of the writers to do minimal research. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

LOL, if the live breakdown helped or hurt sales of the baby carrier would be the true issue.  Leading to faked breakdowns or nude streaking depending on whether it increased sales.  

I don't think apologies grant you guaranteed forgiveness.  Personal experience talking here.  "But I apologized!" doesn't give one a clean slate.    

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

i have no clue why BLQ & Chase are friends with them because their "Apologies" to both of them sucked.

True. But there's not much choice in their age group to be friends with.  Dante/Sam/Maxie are in a different age group.

Sasha and Cody maybe?

2 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

That is what is so wrong - they should not use Wiley to punish Nina.  They are not thinking of Wiley's best interests.

More hypocrisy, saying that they they are doing it in Wylie's best interests but really using Wylie to do what they want.

• Like 9
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

True. But there's not much choice in their age group to be friends with.  Dante/Sam/Maxie are in a different age group.

Well Maxie/BLQ are in the same age group, right?  but i don't now how they aged/de-aged people so. i dunno anymore.

19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

More hypocrisy, saying that they they are doing it in Wylie's best interests but really using Wylie to do what they want.

I legit want Wylie to ask every day when can he + Amelia see Gramma Nina. constantly. and then throw a temper tantrum when they say no

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

I legit want Wylie to ask every day when can he + Amelia see Gramma Nina. constantly. and then throw a temper tantrum when they say no

So do I.  Nina won't even know about it, which will make it even more satisfying. And Wylie would be making himself useful. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

But I apologized!" doesn't give one a clean slate

It should if that's what the person is being told will happen.  Both Sam and Drew told Nina to approach Carly and apologize and ask for help with Willow.  So Nina apologized and even went so far as saying she was glad that Willow had Carly in her corner.  And then it not only didn't wipe the slate clean, but it also didn't help her get an in with her daughter.  

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

It should if that's what the person is being told will happen.  Both Sam and Drew told Nina to approach Carly and apologize and ask for help with Willow.  So Nina apologized and even went so far as saying she was glad that Willow had Carly in her corner.  And then it not only didn't wipe the slate clean, but it also didn't help her get an in with her daughter.  

I don’t get the point of those scenes at all. Multiple people close to Carly told Nina that Carly could and would help her with Willow if asked. Not that I bought that she would but why even go there and make her grovel to Carly just to have Carly be rude to her and say she won’t help? It was all a waste of screen time since Carly’s been claiming from the beginning that she’s not the reason Willow doesn’t like Nina (which also isn’t exactly true but I digress)

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

Today on GH: Job hunt edition

Holly wants a job at the WSB to pay off Ethan's debts. Just how much does a professional spy make anyway?

Esme, made stupid for plot,  is moving out of Laura's with no money, no place to go, and no idea what she's going to do.  But I do like that she's going to be working at the Invader. And yay for on-site daycare!

Speaking of being made stupid for plot, Robert is making bad decisions because he wants to save Holly.  Ugh. It makes me afraid that he'll end up with Diane.

Robert to Mac: Why didn't you tell me you were running surveillance on Selina Wu at the Savoy?  Me: Yeah Mac, aren't you supposed to run these things by the DA?

More stupid for plot, or maybe not, Portia thinks that she can keep her 20 years old daughter from dating Spencer because Nicholas is so awful so she goes to the woman who was in love with Nik to support her.

Trina, if you don't want to wait for a DNA test, make an appointment. Drop in and the staff are probably going to be busy with the people actually in the hospital. Oh, right, it's a chance for Spender to throw around his Cassadine privilege.

Curtis: How secure is the laboratory security system? How do I know that it can't be tampered with?   Curtis, trust me, they are always tampered with.

7 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t get the point of those scenes at all. Multiple people close to Carly told Nina that Carly could and would help her with Willow if asked. Not that I bought that she would but why even go there and make her grovel to Carly just to have Carly be rude to her and say she won’t help?

The show loves having Nina grovel and beg, it's almost at sadistic level, and here is more opportunity to show it.

• Like 16
9 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Yeah, but Sam and Drew aren't in charge of Carly.  I thought that was really stupid advice on Sam's part.  We know Carly isn't going to forgive her.  And, honestly, I think Nina should just steer clear of Carly as best she can.  Her and Willow's relationship is between them and nobody else.  I think everyone else should just back off and when/if Willow is feeling better, then they can sit down and talk.  I wouldn't want to deal with all this drama if I were dying either.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2