Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, lala2 said:

Yup. Willow was being utterly delusional regarding Wiley!! She was living in a world where she was his biological mother, and Nina threatened that. Wiley was never upset because he was too freaking young to be upset. It was always Willow! 

And their OTT reaction to this confirmed what I always believed: they NEVER intended to tell Wiley about Nelle. They can lie to everyone that they had a plan but they didn’t.

The claiming that Nina upset Wiley is their retcon defense. At the time, Wiley said to Willow off-screen that she's not his real mommy - he had just heard Nina speak of Nelle - and she was taken aback and heart broken. She explained to Nina and Michael what happened, and then left crying. Michael was furious that Willow got hurt/upset as a result of Nina's actions. Willow ran to Chase to talk, and confirmed that yes it brought up her feelings of loss for her baby and the reminder she's not Wiley's biological mother.  (Willow had just started to mourn her baby when Michael and Sasha were all "Wiley needs you and you need Wiley.")  

I think Michael and Carly did intend to tell Wiley about Nelle some day (it would come up, for a school project or medical history, or something) but in the most basic terms i.e. Nelle and I had a relationship, and she gave birth to you. She was very troubled and ran away with you. Your family and the police came to find you; she died trying to get away. 

The majority of the hatred comes from Michael's ego and also wanting to protect Willow's fragile sense of self.  He's angry that he didn't get his way with Sonny once Sonny returned from Nixon Falls, he's angry about Sonny's testimony in court regarding Nina, he's angry that his capacity for violence/that he killed Claudia was brought up in court, and he's worried that Nina's presence in Wiley's life and by extension Willow's would likely mean he and his family don't have total control over their lives, esp. the narrative regarding Michael and Nelle's history. Once Chase and Willow broke up, Michael and Wiley and the rest of his family became Willow's whole world (a different cult). Michael is good with that. 

For me, the great irony in all this is that Nina is seeing Sonny and they're both friendly with Ava, when Nina (then played by MS) is the one who induced Ava's labor and kidnapped newborn Avery, with Franco as her accomplice. With the way Michael and Willow say "what Nina did to Wiley," you'd think Nina had kidnapped Wiley and was somehow responsible for the newborn switcheroo. As each day passes, it just seems like they transferred hatred of Nelle onto Nelle's revealed biological mother.  Therefore they, and Carly, resent whenever Wiley is happy to see Grandma Nina.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4

Okay well let me address the other stuff.
Carly whinging that Michael has legit beef over how Ned was running ELQ.. No. No he did not, Carly. shut up. 

Drew:.  there is no statues of limitations on federal crime. it's not going to be all Oh yeah we got together 1 year later, but we totally are ignoring that we were friends before that when the INSIDER TRADING HAPPEN. go away.  and shutup doing it. 

Curtis. drag your lip off the ground fool. i don't even feel sorry for you. shut up. 

Baby Jaason and Michael. just shut up. an make Bald Moron shut up too.

Olivia. you can have your first loyalty to carly and not be a total cow.. shut up.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Carly and Drew have zero chemistry and CM has all but given up trying to act and is playing game show host. I think this might be the worst pairing this show has ever done and there’s been some doozies. Carly baking from scratch doesn’t seem to be in character either. Isn’t this the lady who couldn’t make a cup of coffee and lived off frozen pizzas? 

This Michael/Dex convo is weird. Obviously Sonny doesn’t trust Dex as much as Michael claims he does. I think his plan relies too heavily on the belief that Sonny would jump to considering Dex as a surrogate son when he has 4 other kids who are still in his life. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Michael, what the hell do you think Nina was going to pull?
Willow drop dead
of course both of them want a baby. please let molly be infertile. 

Ooohh. Now Nina knows!
burn it all, Nina. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I think Ryan's manipulation of Esme was real - at least as long as they follow thru with amnesiac Esme being her true, base personality.  But teenage girls are all over the map. She really did seem to care about keeping Spencer (even if it was only because if she lost him she'd lose her entre into Ava's life and daddy's approval, but I think it was both that and personal) and Trina was a real threat. She was also hurt by Joss and Trina's non-acceptance. They may never be able to sort out what was Ryan, what was the adopted, orphaned hurt little girl lashing out and what was her natural inclination but that's okay. Gray characters are what make a soap fun to watch. As long as this Esme isn't a complete psychopath, I'm interested in her journey. 

Trina wasn't a "threat" though she was a girl minding her own business when Spencer kept pursuing her. Neither was Esme a hurt little girl, she is someone who took pleasure in watching others suffer and causing pain and had she got her way Trina would now be in prison for Esme's very meticulous crime and exploitation of both Joss and Cameron. Oz would also be dead. None of those things had anything to do with Ryan.

The show took pains to show her laughing at the trouble and pain she caused and to show that it was entirely her idea to frame an innocent Black girl in the American court system (and I believe Portia brought that up on the show) and to manipulate Joss and Cam into having sex the first time and drugging Trina so she could film it, then she poisoned Oz to cover it up as well.

That was all Esme, it is shown to be entirely her and her base personality and Ryan was shown to disapprove of those things as he was focused on Ava, he had nothing to do with those crimes and they are crimes. To absolve Esme of them because she had amnesia and she has psychopaths for parents is to infantalize her and remove her agency. Esme committed those awful crimes with no prodding or manipulation from anyone else and Trina can't be assumed a threat for simply existing around Esme's boyfriend who was clearly pursuing her.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
13 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Carly baking from scratch doesn’t seem to be in character either. Isn’t this the lady who couldn’t make a cup of coffee and lived off frozen pizzas? 

As a non baker, I can attest that making brownies from scratch is pretty much the easiest, fool proof thing you can make (other than rice crispy squares lol). 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
22 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Obviously Sonny doesn’t trust Dex as much as Michael claims he does. I think his plan relies too heavily on the belief that Sonny would jump to considering Dex as a surrogate son when he has 4 other kids who are still in his life. 

More like the belief that Sonny would use Dex to fill the dead Jason void in his life. His cousin Brando had become the surrogate son; Brando and Sasha had replaced Morgan and Kiki in my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

None of those things had anything to do with Ryan.

again. i think it can be very much argued that it is. it doens't matter if Ryan disapproved of her branching out and taking care of her own business - the question is would Esme be that diabolical if Ryan hadn't groomed her to do horrible things in general to get approval etc. (because even with all of those things she was twisting it to get Nik on her side as well anyway) 

I dont think we can firmly ascertain yes or no.  Again. it doesnt mean you have to forgive/forget/absolve, whatever with Esme but I truly don't think it's simple as "Esme was psycho absent of Ryan." Maggie 100% didn't think so and she spent ages with her. and this behaviour isn't somthing that you flat out ignore.  And when she allowed herself to be 100 percent vulnerable, Kevin & Laura didnt think so either and that was all pre amnesia. 

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

Trina wasn't a "threat" though she was a girl minding her own business when Spencer kept pursuing her. Neither was Esme a hurt little girl, she is someone who took pleasure in watching others suffer and causing pain and had she got her way Trina would now be in prison for Esme's very meticulous crime and exploitation of both Joss and Cameron. Oz would also be dead. None of those things had anything to do with Ryan.

You bring up some good points. My post was based on what the show insinuated, that Ryan had been working on Esme for years, which would have made her a very young teen. 

And yes, I should have been more precise - Spencer's interest in Trina was a threat to her on multiple levels.  Trina was definitely the innocent victim here. So were Joss and Cam, when it came to the sex recording. But Ryan created this Esme and turned her loose on PC. We don't know what pre-Ryan Chamberlain Esme was like. We only have seen the results.

Eta: or what @Daisy said. Jinx?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Willow

image.png.0c7269a57f140f02b63b1714adb29718.png

that is me when Willow said she wanted to tallk to Nina and I thought she would be a normal human being. Nope. Nina goes. how are you, how are the kids doing can I help you and Willow cowily goes  "we are only going to talk about my condition, the children are off limits, I'll never tell you about them, and you will never ask."

(and again. if Nina showed NO ATTENTION, they would clap her butt so hard about not showing an interest). 

at this point I really wonder if they are trolling us with these Willow lines.  trying to infuriate people because outrage fuels social media engagement.  they cannot possibly believe willow is sympathetic as a character at this point.  

• Like 11

I don’t buy that Molly or TJ want kids, at least not at this stage of their lives. It’s ok for them to decide to wait or shocker, not want kids at all. Neither seem like the type to want kids at a point in their lives when the kid would spend most of their time with a nanny or family member since both work crazy hours. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Has anyone even mentioned a DNA test on Ace to see if he’s truly Nik’s? Spencer is right there and would probably be delighted to do a swab. Maybe Ace isn’t a Cassadine at all. 

I'm still holding out hope he's the Canadian fisherman's.

And, yes, seriously, dudes. Esme is an accomplished liar and conwoman. Why just automatically believe her on this one?

Yesterday, when Liesl was talking with Willow and Michael, I was struck again with their absolute lack of compassion for a woman who lost her children as babies, then again when Nelle "died" (In quotes, because, suuuuure, Show, we believe ya.) and Willow refused to have anything to do with her as adults. Not to mention she's banned from the grandkids. Willow lost a child. She knows what that pain is. Right or wrong about whether or not Nina should have a place in her life, not feeling anything for Nina and the number of times she's had that loss makes you a truly horrible person. Lookin' at you, Carlys.

And, seriously, Willow, whatever Nina has done to your family (which is small potatoes compared to the murderer you're encouraging Michael to reconcile with), recognize you're doing far worse in denying Nina the right to even have a family.

• Like 8
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Has anyone even mentioned a DNA test on Ace to see if he’s truly Nik’s?

The timing works though.  Nik and Esme had sex on June 1st and they pretty much followed the correct pregnancy timeline for her give or take a week or two.  

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

YES MOLLY IS NOT PREGNANT

Since both of them want a baby now, I'm guessing we're heading down an infertility road here.  

Today was the worst.  Carly/Drew.  WIllow being a bitch.  Olivia being all holier than thou with Sonny.  Mason's existence.  Blech. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

The timing works though.  Nik and Esme had sex on June 1st and they pretty much followed the correct pregnancy timeline for her give or take a week or two.  

Since both of them want a baby now, I'm guessing we're heading down an infertility road here.  

Today was the worst.  Carly/Drew.  WIllow being a bitch.  Olivia being all holier than thou with Sonny.  Mason's existence.  Blech. 

Reading here at least gives me a break because I realized I will also skip today's show.  I'll wait for the A-team.  They can keep whatever this is.  I don't mind only watching 3 days a week if that's what it comes to.  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 1
8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Drew just ruined a batch of perfectly good brownies

I hoe he made good on his promise to do the dishes, because flour is a mess to clean up. And I'm so sure that Willow "loves" Carly's brownies. 

3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Olivia being all holier than thou with Sonny. 

Ugh, add her to the Carlys. Sonny wasn't asking Olivia to be BFFs with Nina, just show her some basic human kindness. For someone who's constantly harping about family unity, Olivia is as big a hypocrite as anyone.

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, add her to the Carlys. Sonny wasn't asking Olivia to be BFFs with Nina,

Not just the Nina issue, but when she first walked up,she chastised Sonny for having a conversation with Ava.  He was talking to his child's mother, which for all Olvia knew, could have been about Avery, her schedule, her health, whatever.  It was none of Olivia's business and she needed to shut her pie hole.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Daisy said:

again. i think it can be very much argued that it is. it doens't matter if Ryan disapproved of her branching out and taking care of her own business - the question is would Esme be that diabolical if Ryan hadn't groomed her to do horrible things in general to get approval etc. (because even with all of those things she was twisting it to get Nik on her side as well anyway) 

I dont think we can firmly ascertain yes or no.  Again. it doesnt mean you have to forgive/forget/absolve, whatever with Esme but I truly don't think it's simple as "Esme was psycho absent of Ryan." Maggie 100% didn't think so and she spent ages with her. and this behaviour isn't somthing that you flat out ignore.  And when she allowed herself to be 100 percent vulnerable, Kevin & Laura didnt think so either and that was all pre amnesia. 

We can't speak to whether or not she would be a sociopath with or without Ryan's influence however we can speak to what we see and how far her free will extends and it's pretty far.

As far as grooming goes if one has a moral compass then it should certainly come into play with respect to attempted murder. Irrespective of whether or not Esme's sociopathy is nature or nurture her cruelty is entirely her own.

When Esme went off book with both Spencer and Ryan it was crueller and more disturbing than what their original plans were. And her distinct pleasure in observing the suffering she caused tells me exactly who Esme is. I certainly think she has opportunity to be predisposed to sociopathy with two sociopathic parents but even if it weren't genetic the absence of empathy is prevalent in her every behaviour since hitting canvas. As is the masking (in line with narcissism and narcissistic traits) and the manipulation and viewing of people as pawns to her end.

Granted, as many have pointed out GH isn't a beacon for realism however by psychological standards her very distinct lack of empathy for anyone and everyone she's come across puts her firmly in the category of aggressor and sociopath and potentially narcissist (or at the very least narcissistic traits) and not victim.

By comparison, Stone for example was groomed by Sonny to do all manner of terrible things however when he did go off book and disobey it was to support Karen (aka Carrie)  and show empathy towards her whenever and however he could and like Esme, Stone was thrown around the system, landed on the streets  and then was taken in by Sonny (after he was stripped from Jagger).  

My point is they've written her into a corner and now are being lazy about writing her out of it and instead of forcing her to be accountable for her many, varied crimes, which she is responsible for irrespective of grooming, and sending her to prison (Spencer went there's no reason a baby should absolve her from the law) they are going the easy route with a mind wipe and the "innocent girl" act, however amnesia (not a brain injury) doesn't erase someone's core personality and Esme's core personality, irrespective of nature or nurture, sucks.

People seem to like the actress which is fair enough, she's fantastic (and interestingly shares the same acting coach as NAC) but let's call a spade a spade Esme is at best a bad person and at worst a sociopath and the show went to great lengths to demonstrate either or both.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 3

Olivia being so loyal to Carly will always me laugh. Her main defining characteristic was being a smother towards Dante. She of all people would hold a lifelong grudge towards someone who sought revenge against her son.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

but let's call a spade a spade Esme is at best a bad person and at worst a sociopath and the show went to great lengths to demonstrate either or both.

She has done horrendous things and whilst doing them it made her a bad person, but again, sorry to repeat myself, I don't think it is the "core of who she is" because we don't know the core of who she is without Ryan's influence. Nor do I think her having amnesia is to wipe the slate clean. i think it's to let Esme see the bad she has done and she has been disgusted by it. when she gets her memories back, it will be how she reacts to that and again what they strive to do with her once it's back. 

but we can agree to disagree and if the show proves me wrong, then i'll happily own up to it.

• Like 2
(edited)

Willow today passed bitch for me and moved into the C U Next Tuesday realm -- which, unbowdlerized,  is a term that I generally hate. But she has become truly vile.

In other news, if Drew wants brownies, he'd better put on  some clothes and get his ass back to the kitchen. Nobody wants brownie crumbs on those white sheets. 

Edited by rur
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Today on Paraphrase Hospital:

Dex: I cooked dinner for your dad but he might be breaking up with me
Michael:  Ok, but did he take you to the island yet or buy you something frilly.  Cuz that's coming

Dex:  Well shit, I just broke my phone for nothing.  

Nina (politely and demurely):  So how are things with you
Willow:  I'm going to look at you with disgust because I'm such a bitch that I can't contain it for the mere few seconds that I will deign you with my words.  
Nina:  thanks for talking to me
Willow:  I could just say you're welcome and leave it at that but I'm still a bitch so, Liesl made me talk to you.  

Drew:  Let's make out in public
Carly:  what about all that NCC or CCC or FCC or SCC whatever it is
Drew:  Eh, Ned Schmed am I right.  Let's play tonsil hockey right here in the dirty kitchen and then have sex in your bed
Carly:  Ha, ha, ha, I laugh out loud

Olivia:  Eh.  Oh.  I'm a walking steriotype so youz guys, Sonny, stop talking to that blonde broad.
Sonny:  Uhm, Ava's my daughter's mother.  For all you know we could be discussing Avery's health or schedule.  
Olivia:  Ok, but Nina's a biatch and I'm on Team Carly since she and I pass notes in Geography class.
Sonny:  I'm just asking you to be civilized
Olivia:  Eh. Oh, maybe I'll spit on her if she's on fire, we'll see what instructions Carly gives me.  

Molly:  I kinda want to have a baby but I don't know if TJ wants to have a baby. Do you think TJ wants to have a baby, because I kinda wanta.
Alexis:  Uhm, maybe ask him?

TJ:    I kinda want to have a baby but I don't know if Molly wants to have a baby. Do you think Molly wants to have a baby, because I kinda wanta
Curtis:  Here's a crazy thought, maybe ask her?  

Mason:  I know things.  
Ava (confused):  Uh huh
Mason:  The stables at Windemere.  Also Spoon Island.  And things in the stables.   At Windemere.  On Spoon Island.  Wink, wink, nudge,nudge. You know what I'm saying.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 15
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

She has done horrendous things and whilst doing them it made her a bad person, but again, sorry to repeat myself, I don't think it is the "core of who she is" because we don't know the core of who she is without Ryan's influence. Nor do I think her having amnesia is to wipe the slate clean. i think it's to let Esme see the bad she has done and she has been disgusted by it. when she gets her memories back, it will be how she reacts to that and again what they strive to do with her once it's back. 

but we can agree to disagree and if the show proves me wrong, then i'll happily own up to it.

Yes, we'll have to agree to disagree. On another note, is there anyone on here who actually likes Willow or Willow and Michael together? (Just as an aside my phone tried to autocorrect *together to *torture) I haven't found anyone on twitter that ships them unless it's an extension of their Carly support so I'm just wondering if anyone does in fact like Willow? Everyone I've seen has been calling for her swift death.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Willow is a complete stepford wife who only echoes what Michael thinks. The same Michael whose wasting time trying to get revenge on his father rather than being there for her 

So I haven't watched today and I don't think I will because there's so much putting down I can take and this whole thing Willow/Nina stuff anymore.

I really wanna know how her dumb ass will react when she finds out what Michael is up to or when this whole thing blows up. This vengeful version of Michael is not the one she signed up for. 

Is she gonna grow a spine? Or fold like a lawn chair.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, slayer2 said:

Yes, we'll have to agree to disagree. On another note, is there anyone on here who actually likes Willow or Willow and Michael together? (Just as an aside my phone tried to autocorrect *together to *torture) I haven't found anyone on twitter that ships them unless it's an extension of their Carly support so I'm just wondering if anyone does in fact like Willow? Everyone I've seen has been calling for her swift death.

I heard she’s popular on GH Facebook and considering that community skews older and more traditional, it explains a lot of her writing. I don’t think she was popular on there before she was paired with Michael though. They adore them for some reason. It’s like he’s their own kid or grandkid. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I heard she’s popular on GH Facebook and considering that community skews older and more traditional, it explains a lot of her writing. I don’t think she was popular on there before she was paired with Michael though. They adore them for some reason. It’s like he’s their own kid or grandkid. 

twitter too

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

He was talking to his child's mother, which for all Olvia knew, could have been about Avery, her schedule, her health, whatever.  It was none of Olivia's business and she needed to shut her pie hole.  

While this may be true, Ava murdered her cousin and had almost killed Olivia. Olivia should never give Ava any leeway. That goes double for Sonny after shooting Dante, Olivia should have never had any interactions with him.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Daisy said:

twitter too

Depends on where you go on Twitter I guess because I see massive amounts of hate for her and Michael on Twitter. Most want her dead! 🤣

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Depends on where you go on Twitter I guess because I see massive amounts of hate for her and Michael on Twitter. Most want her dead! 🤣

Same.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Nina giving Willow the nail strengthening was nicely written. You could see Willow softening. And then Michael shows up and Willow is right back in hate mode again.

Michael's eagerness to destroy Sonny is pathetic.

Olivia putting Carly first and blaming everything on Ned when it was Carly who broke the law is horrid.

I'm not interested in TJ and Molly and their baby plans but it was done well enough.

I fast-forwarded Carly and Drew; life is too short to watch that.

What is the point of Mason? He's not interesting and he's not entertaining.

Portia/Marshall are pure snooze.

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What is the point of Mason? He's not interesting and he's not entertaining.

Or menacing.  He's threatening Ava Freakin' Jerome.  He should have been dead five minutes after he put his number in her phone.  

• Like 8
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So I haven't watched today and I don't think I will because there's so much putting down I can take and this whole thing Willow/Nina stuff anymore.

I really wanna know how her dumb ass will react when she finds out what Michael is up to or when this whole thing blows up. This vengeful version of Michael is not the one she signed up for. 

Is she gonna grow a spine? Or fold like a lawn chair.

I say gimme Fold like a Lawn Chair for 500 please

I'm hoping when Willow gets the Bone Marrow from Liesel, she starts softening towards Nina and starts changing her mind about Carly. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Or menacing.  He's threatening Ava Freakin' Jerome.  He should have been dead five minutes after he put his number in her phone.  

That's all he's done, vaguely threaten Austin, now vaguely threatening Austin and Ava.

What is the point?

• Like 3

There's an interesting story here with Willow learning her own agency after years of cult conditioning to defer to a powerful man. That's certainly what I see in her relationship with Michael. But the show is treating them like star crossed lovers and not interrogating the relationship at all. Michael is the villain in this story but that doesn't seem to be how the writers see it or want the audience to see.

And thanks all for the history lesson on Willow and Nina. Makes this whole thing all the stupider that they already made up for the Charlotte stuff.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

Carly, proud noncooker, now bakes because she's such a great MIL. Wtf? The lack of chemistry with CM is just as cringe worthy as that crap.

Ava and Sonny teaming up actually would be decent but no. Pointless Mason has to have her in a corner. 

Carly should go down for insider trading. She's guilty. Michael and Drew should go down for being dipshits. Willow should die.  Monica and Nina can raise the kids. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

I'm sorry but if some guy shoved all my baking bowls and utencils on the floor and got flour and mess all over the kitchen, he would be cleaning that shht up before any sexing happened. ..Then they didn't even end up doing anything on the island!  

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I'm sorry but if some guy shoved all my baking bowls and utencils on the floor and got flour and mess all over the kitchen, he would be cleaning that shht up before any sexing happened. ..Then they didn't even end up doing anything on the island!  

LOL right?
all that chocolate and flour on the floor would have given me much fits.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

Carly, proud noncooker, now bakes because she's such a great MIL.

"Willow loves my brownies."  That would've been more believable if Carly said "but she doesn't know I get them from Eckert's Bakery" because, yeah, she hasn't made anything other than a frozen pizza in fucking decades.  Shut up, writers.

Michael and Dex on the roof was like a scene from Sex and the City where Carrie and Miranda are dissecting a first date that seemed great, but then the guy started acting weird and hasn't called since.  Maybe Sonny's just not that into you, Dex.

Fucking Olivia clomping around being so devoid of agency that she just assumes Carly's ~enemies as her own. 

Lastly, this bullshit: "I told Nina the kids were off-limites...I haven't forgotten the kind of person she is or what she's done to our family" and "I'm just glad Nina didn't try to pull something."  What storyline are these two in?  Because they talk about Nina in direct conflict with the way Nina is being written.  The writers are trying to gaslight the audience with this bullshit and it's insulting.  I mean, are we supposed to root for Willow when she looks at Nina offering her nail strengthener like she's trying to give poison?  And when is this damned wedding?  Like, just because there's a maybe donor doesn't mean time isn't of the essence.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 7
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Lastly, this bullshit: "I told Nina the kids were off-limites...I haven't forgotten the kind of person she is or what she's done to our family" and "I'm just glad Nina didn't try to pull something."  What storyline are these two in?  Because they talk about Nina in direct conflict with the way Nina is being written.  The writers are trying to gaslight the audience with this bullshit and it's insulting

i keep saying this. and people are like. "Well Nina's forcing herself on Willow, that's why she acted the way she did today? like do they show extra hidden scenes on ABC.com or something?

because Nina was going to leave Willow alone. Willow called out to her, and then Willow proceeded to be a cow to Nina while giving her information about her health. so if Nina is doing something like in the past week that warrants this behaviour then please SHOW me so i can at least get where willow is coming from. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 9

Well, today was mostly garbage. I don't think I've ever felt less sympathy for a  soap character dealing with a potentially terminal illness.

On another note, I don't understand why Ava and Austin are even humoring Mason. Unless Ava and Austin left the statue that she hit Nikolas with in the stables, too, then Mason doesn't have any physical evidence that Ava's the one who hit him and he is the one in possession of Nikolas' unconscious body, so if he goes to the cops they could just say that he hit Nikolas to try to blackmail Ava.

Even if he does have the statue to connect Ava to it, there's still the fact that he didn't take Nikolas to the hospital and instead took him wherever it is that he's holding him, which could result in him facing charges of his own (unless he cuts himself an Elizabeth deal)

And of course that's all laying aside the fact that as a mob minion (or whatever he is) his number one job is to not invite unnecessary interactions with the police that could lead to them poking around in what he's got going on. So call his bluff, he ain't going to the cops.

I suppose he could threaten to go to Victor, but I'm not sure Victor would have enough patience to sit through Mason's schtick as he took the long way getting to the point.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

yeah, she hasn't made anything other than a frozen pizza in fucking decades.

And Alexis can only make microwave popcorn.  It's so mysoginistic that the women on this show are so useless.  Even if you can't cook, in real life, surely you can follow directions in a recipe. 

10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Michael and Dex on the roof

Who's roof is that because it wasn't the same hospital roof that we've seen for years.  

12 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

That's all he's done, vaguely threaten Austin, now vaguely threatening Austin and Ava.

The last person who threatened Ava got smacked in the back of the head with a gargoyle and tossed in the closet.  

9 hours ago, Steph J said:

then Mason doesn't have any physical evidence that Ava's

He claims to have seen everything go down, but yeah, it would be his word against hers.  

• Like 4
15 hours ago, slayer2 said:

I'm just wondering if anyone does in fact like Willow?

I like Willow.  Better than Michael, which isn't saying much, but yes, I actually like her.

I don't love the whole thing with chase, but he has to bear part of the blame for that.  He and Sasha are the ones that decied to manipulate her so that she would marry Michael.  I've never liked the trope where someone marries someone they don't love because they're dying and then they don't and drama ensues.  I like to think that this doesn't happen in real life.  But, if I'm going to hate everyone who marries for the wrong reason and/or cheats, there will be no likeable characters on this show, or probably any soap ever.

As far as her an dNina go, I agree with her.  Nina hated her, or at the very least acted like it, until she found out she was her daughter and then did a complete 180.  that's not really how healthy feelings work.  Given enough time, I think Willow will come around, but I think her reactions are more realistic.

1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

He claims to have seen everything go down, but yeah, it would be his word against hers. 

Maybe he also took the gargoyle.  

• Useful 1
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I like Willow.  Better than Michael, which isn't saying much, but yes, I actually like her.

I have always liked Michael and I like Willow but I never wanted them as a couple and with two kids now, it is what it is.

Regarding Nina, she has been off-putting to Willow 90% of the time since they met. Nina has been actively resenting Willow since after she realized that Nelle was her dead daughter and Willow was raising Wylie and she wouldn’t budge in letting Nina see him.

Now Nina says she loves her but that doesn’t change their history or that Willow would rather surround herself with her family and friends. Nina is neither to Willow despite the dna reveal.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

And Alexis can only make microwave popcorn.  It's so mysoginistic that the women on this show are so useless.  Even if you can't cook, in real life, surely you can follow directions in a recipe. 

Nope. my mother can attest to this. countless times.  my mom is.... an adventure in the kitchen. once she actually forgot to add flour to her banana bread. (dont even ask me how that happened lol).  when she makes scones they are almost always as dense as hockey pucks.  she can make a few things really nice (like lasagna) but she would be the first to tell you she doesn't know how to bake or cook. she clearly can, but it's mostly code for 'can YOU do it?" 

that's how i basically equate those things. Alexis could probably do a lot more than popcorn.  but it's probably not the most appetizing thing in the world and people complain about it all the time that it's just easier for her to say "Whatever, i just do popcorn." 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Well—ouch. Having sex on the kitchen counter isn't romantic to me. Though the point about sweeping everything onto the floor is correct.

12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Michael and Dex on the roof was like a scene from Sex and the City where Carrie and Miranda are dissecting a first date that seemed great, but then the guy started acting weird and hasn't called since.  Maybe Sonny's just not that into you, Dex.

LOL, it really was. This story really needs to get moving. Like most of them, the pacing is terrible. For a while, things were pretty good in that department. The stories were still stupid, but at least they were progressing. What happened?

• Like 5