Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I'm willing to see how Willow and Nina's relationship goes. TBH, I think it's better that they get to find their way without having the feeling of obligation due to the bone marrow. 

that's what i said yesterday. i want Willow to start forging a relationship because she wants to, not because she feels she should because of the marrow. Because you know that is exactly what the Carlys would bring up all the time if it were reverse.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

There never was any mention of stem cells on the show, unlike how it was mentioned on the board.

The only time I remember talk and use of stem cells on this show was to use Baby Lilah's (who died) to save Kristina. That's when Mooby learned Kristina was his and not Ned's.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

So it's my understanding that not only are people not mad at Carly, some basically conceded that she did the right thing?  And she was rewarded with (whatever it's worth) Drew peen after he took her back after one day of being mad?

I HATE THIS SHOW.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 7
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Katy M said:

TBH, I think it's better that they get to find their way without having the feeling of obligation due to the bone marrow. 

I agree, The Carlys resent Nina enough the way it is. But I don't expect any sort of rapprochement to happen any time soon. Especially since Nina saw Drewfus and Carly hugging. Nina meddling there won't help her case for a relationship with Willow at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

If a necklace counts as DNA, then yes.

that's what I thought. And, no i don't think it does.  

So, on Carly's and joss's conversation.  Joss said Sonny might kill Dex if he found out and Carly said he might.  Am I the only one who thinks that would be an extreme overreaction and Sonny would not.  I mean, if he didn't kill Shiloh over Kristina, he's not going to kill Dex over Joss.  This is so ridiculous.

• Like 11

If I was a writer on this show, Willow’s baby dies, Nelle comes back and will only save Willow if she gets full custody of Wiley. Don’t care if Willow agrees and lives or not. Nina turns in Drew and Snarly for insider trading. They go to prison and Michael goes with them because he knew about it and tried to cover it up. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 10
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's the fucking worst.  No consequences for Carly's lie, Willow is going to recover, and Nina is left out in the cold.  Truly shitty writing.

It's like the show does hissy fits like 2 minutes of Carly keeping the secret but is allergic to real drama and consequences.

Like how they kept talking about looking for a bone marrow donor but never actually organizing a donor drive. A good show would have got several days of a town donor drive .

But no, Willow's miracle baby is going to save her without any need for outside help and thus justify Willow's boneheaded decision not to get early treatment.

13 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Joss said Sonny might kill Dex if he found out and Carly said he might.  Am I the only one who thinks that would be an extreme overreaction and Sonny would not.  I mean, if he didn't kill Shiloh over Kristina, he's not going to kill Dex over Joss.  This is so ridiculous.

So much over reaction. All to justify Joss keeping her banging Dex  a secret.

And what does it say about Carly that she repeatedly married a man that she believes would behave like that?

• Like 7

GH goes SO overboard for plot contrivance, even for a soap. As people here have already said, it's insulting to the viewers to have a situation where a woman has known for five or six months that she is both pregnant and gravely ill, yet apparently has never have been informed of the umbilical cord option.

And it will never stop bugging me that the "good" women on TV always put their fetus' health over their own. To the point where, in Willow's case, the only way it's OK for her to consent to a tiny risk to that baby is for her other child to remind her how much she's valued...as a mother.  

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, RedElf said:

So I guess Nina is going to report Carly for insider trading?

honestly i hope she does. and when asked simply go. "everyone went after me and I didn't commit a federal crime. I thought it was my duty to report an actual crime." then walk away. 

26 minutes ago, jqdeco said:

If I was a writer on this show, Willow’s baby dies, Nelle comes back and will only save Willow if she gets full custody of Wiley. Don’t care if Willow agrees and lives or not. Nina turns in Drew and Snarly for insider trading. They go to prison and Michael goes with them because he knew about it and tried to cover it up. 

Honestly there has to be some stakes in this storyline. and honestly, again....i think there is more storyline potential if the baby dies. As of right now, Michael is being a good supportive partner. But if Willow lives, and the baby dies, then that's a wedge. because Willow hid this for months, didn't ask for his input until it was too late, and now even w/all those risks "to bring baby into the world." said baby is dead. 

it also gives Willow a reason to reach out to Nina. and this is how they forge said relationship. (if you add to this Willow finding out about wanting to bring down Sonny, and Sonny's been nothing but great to Willow) that could really cause an interesting plot point about Wiillow finally realising being a Carly is not the way to go

then Michael goes to prison for insider trading and entrapment. (i think that's what he's trying to do to sonny)

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, RedElf said:

So I guess Nina is going to report Carly for insider trading?

I know that logic doesn't matter on this show but how would Nina know that there was insider trading going on? The board meeting on whether to merge Aurora with ELQ was members only. Unless Drew or someone else spills, she wouldn't know that Carly bought the shares to help pump up Aurora before a merger.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I know that logic doesn't matter on this show but how would Nina know that there was insider trading going on? The board meeting on whether to merge Aurora with ELQ was members only. Unless Drew or someone else spills, she wouldn't know that Carly bought the shares to help pump up Aurora before a merger.

Couldn't Nina alert the SEC to possible insider trading to get an investigation started? Then everyone gets questioned and Ned decides he has some scruples and drops the dime on Carly. Bonus points if Valentin is back in town and corroborates everything Ned says.

• Applause 12
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

So, on Carly's and joss's conversation.  Joss said Sonny might kill Dex if he found out and Carly said he might.  Am I the only one who thinks that would be an extreme overreaction and Sonny would not.  I mean, if he didn't kill Shiloh over Kristina, he's not going to kill Dex over Joss.  This is so ridiculous.

I don't see Sonny killing Dex either. I don't actually think Dex would entertain killing Cam at all either, despite Joss' disgusting threat. 

Where was the talk of stem stells before right now? Wouldn't that have been discussed as a plan B, especially when they first brought up delivering the baby early?

Great, we're gonna get "big bad" Nina mad everyone is falling at Carly's feet (and her bed.) I'm hoping something happens with the treatment where Nina is now next of kin since Willow and Michael aren't married, but probably not. Actually I wish Nina would wash her hands of these assholes but it won't happen. No one will consider the fact that Nina was a victim of multiple crimes that caused her coma, loss of decades and two stolen babies. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 10
14 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Where was the talk of stem stells before right now? Wouldn't that have been discussed as a plan B, especially when they first brought up delivering the baby early?

this should have been brought up the second a bone marrow transplant was discussed, at least as an option.  Fucking show acting like this is a sudden lightbulb moment or a new discovery. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

Best things about today were seeing Robert, Anna, Felicia and Lucy all in the same scene, and in on the same scheme, and Robert's reminiscing about Laura fighting the Cassadines way back when.

• Like 7
  • Love 7

Willow’s pregnancy SL is playing out like pro-life propaganda. Especially when she’s so willing to sacrifice her own life over things that wouldn’t harm the baby at all, like using the umbilical cord. Is she really a nurse because she seems so ignorant to science and dismissive of everything her doctors have been saying 

• Like 6
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 1
16 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Willow’s pregnancy SL is playing out like pro-life propaganda.

The only thing missing is a PSA at the end of the episodes where she's going on and on about 'the life of the baby' for one of those groups. 

Oh, and given Willow herself lost a child, you would think she would empathize with Nina in that regard. 

• Like 8

I actually don't want the baby to die. Sam delivered her daughter "early" (not particularly early, if I'm remembering correctly), and she died because of that. I really don't want another "we delivered the baby a couple of weeks before the 40 week mark and it was too early and died" storyline. Because a LOT of women have babies at 37, 38 weeks and the baby is perfectly healthy.

They are messing up a cancer storyline as it is, and to do the same thing with a c-section birth with a baby that would not be considered premature is completely irresponsible.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
35 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Willow’s pregnancy SL is playing out like pro-life propaganda. Especially when she’s so willing to sacrifice her own life over things that wouldn’t harm the baby at all, like using the umbilical cord. Is she really a nurse because she seems so ignorant to science and dismissive of everything her doctors have been saying 

Not only that, but she’s acting as if she’s only six months along, instead of 8 or 8 and a half. If I recall correctly, wasn’t SLS born early with a C-Section?

1 minute ago, Pingaponga said:

I actually don't want the baby to die. Sam delivered her daughter "early" (not particularly early, if I'm remembering correctly), and she died because of that. I really don't want another "we delivered the baby a couple of weeks before the 40 week mark and it was too early and died" storyline. Because a LOT of women have babies at 37, 38 weeks and the baby is perfectly healthy.

They are messing up a cancer storyline as it is, and to do the same thing with a c-section birth with a baby that would not be considered premature is completely irresponsible.

💯 

Wiley's drawing looked like a chimpanzee did it. ...a drunk one. 

Wow. Drew must have been extremely thirsty. I mean as arid as Death Valley. It took one throw down to be totally whipped. Carly is back in power in that relationship. As George Costanza would say, Drew has no hand! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
12 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I actually don't want the baby to die. Sam delivered her daughter "early" (not particularly early, if I'm remembering correctly), and she died because of that

I think Sam had a placental abruption, which isn’t necessarily related to how premature the delivery is. In fact, had she induced when Alexis originally wanted her to, her baby had a decent chance of living since it was said to be healthy. I think the same thing happened to Sasha 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
13 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Wow. Drew must have been extremely thirsty. I mean as arid as Death Valley. It took one throw down to be totally whipped. Carly is back in power in that relationship.

Not just with him, but in her relationship with Michael, too.  Wow, that whole 12 hours when people were mad at her must've been hell for the poor dear...

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Sam had a placenta abruption (akin to Sasha). so she lost the baby that baby that way 

12 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think Sam had a placental abruption, which isn’t necessarily related to how premature the delivery is. In fact, had she induced when Alexis originally wanted her to, her baby had a decent chance of living since it was said to be healthy. I think the same thing happened to Sasha 

yeah. it was just more "Alexis was yelling at her, and Sam felt guilty (because she didnt want to at first) but then her placenta ruptured and she lost Lila. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

It really doesn’t surprise me that Carly had no fallout. Despite her heavy screen time, her world is small. She’s unemployed, her bestie is a day player, so who does she really have other than Drew and her kids? It’s also why her feud with Nina will never end even though she’s been claiming to be over Sonny for almost an entire year. What else does she have going on other that feud? Being a party guest at Q family events? 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

She continues to be an idiot and I wish she would just die. 

• Applause 7

I'd prefer the baby to live and Willow die. Willow has clung to Wylie and uses him as a replacement child to an unhealthy extent instead of doing actual grieving for the baby she lost and the trauma of the cult. Willow outright was telling Wylie right before she passed out that Nina was a bad person. She has no empathy. She forgives Harmony, wants Michael and Sonny to work things out and thinks Carly is wonderful (someone should tell her Carly's relationship with Franco after what he did to Michael. ) And here's the thing, Nina was using Charlotte as a replacement kid, I hated that too, which was the original cause of Willow vs. Nina. But again, no empathy. Willow would target a teacher saying Wylie was a bully, too. They're never going to address Willow's mental state. The show doesn't need another baby, so they both could go but if it has to be a choice let Willow die as a result of her waiting and end her miserable character if they're going to refuse to address anything real. 

• Like 9
15 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, and given Willow herself lost a child, you would think she would empathize with Nina in that regard. 

Except Nina deserved to lose her babies, you know. She had the nerve to be drugged into a coma. Any decent mother would avoid that.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

I'd rather Michael die.  Willow can go back to Chase.

Leave Chase alone!

Willow was infinitely better with Chase than with Michael, but I don't think a post-Michael Willow would work with Chase anymore. Besides, he already has BL and Sasha somewhat fighting for him. He doesn't need a dolt added. But Michael can die. Anytime. Painfully.

I bet this baby will have a touch-and-go condition but ultimately live, because lord knows the Carlys never lose. Everyone will spend time in the chapel lighting candles and praying for Willow and the baby to live. Ugh, it's going to be unwatchable.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

I am trying to figure why Victor wanted Ava to get Wyndemere and everything inside or to a smaller extent why Nikolas agreed to those terms.

With Nikolas' last conversation with Ava, I imagine he thinks that they will get back together so what does it matter if Ava gets Wyndemere.

Ava isn't moving back to island because she is going to stay around for Nina. I wonder if they are going to put the set in storage what with Nik moving out, Spencer living with Sonny and Victor staying at the hotel.

I know it can't possibly be, but are Valentin, Anna and Lucy staying at Sonny's cabin (site of where Nelle took Wylie after kidnapping him; also where Ava and Nik first had sex)

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Nina needs a hobby.  First she sees Carly coming out of what's his name's hotel room an dimmediately tells Sonny they're sleeping together.  then she sees Willow and tj hugging in the hospital and immediately tells Sonny they're sleeping together.  Now (I realize she's right this time, but t hat's just luck) she sees Carly and Drew hugging in the hospital and this time even has knowledge of nonsexy reason why they might be hugging, but I assume she's going to immediately tell Sonny.  She's going to be the little girl who cried sex.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
15 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

And here's the thing, Nina was using Charlotte as a replacement kid, I hated that too, which was the original cause of Willow vs. Nina. But again, no empathy. Willow would target a teacher saying Wylie was a bully, too. They're never going to address Willow's mental state.

That's a good point, that Willow would totally fight tooth and nail a teacher who was mean to perfect Wylie, Katelyn looks so sweet and has a soft voice so it's all the more shocking when she turns so nasty.  That sweetness is also what makes many people look at her and think that she's really a nice person, when she's not.

No, they're never going to address her mental issues because that would mean that her love for Michael and Wylie isn't pure and noble and the Carlys can never lose.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

Willow being ignorant of science and dismissive of her doctors would track with being raised in a cult if the writers would actually play it that way, but instead it's "I'm pure of heart and everything is for the baby!!!!". I wish Nina not being a match would mean they could retcon it that Sasha is actually her daughter since she's more interesting than Willow and is actually nice to Nina. 

I really like that they're showing actual friendships on this show, Ava and Nina, Nina and Sasha, Alexis, Felicia, and Lucy, Spencer, Cam and Trina, Laura with everyone except Victor. It really shows how Carly doesn't really have friendships with anyone (Olivia is a mouthpiece but not really a friend) and Joss has basically trashed all her friendships. 

Which brings me to things I liked this week. *insert Vince McMahon reaction meme* Laura interacting with Elizabeth, Laura interacting with Martin, Laura giving Victor the what for, Laura on a caper with Felicia, Robert, Anna, Valentin, Lucy, Martin and Alexis!! The character and actress were done such a disservice for years by multiple writing teams while TG was on his hate boner for L&L so it makes me happy to see GF and Laura getting good stories and interacting with a lot of the cast and being set up as the matriarch of the show as it should be! 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Half of Friday’s episode was great. I liked the Lucy/Martin reunion and thought Lucy was asking him to marry her, apparently not, but their relationship is still lovely.

I knew Alexis was in on Laura’s plan because there’s no way Laura would’ve told her about Valentine at the same time she told Victor, in a public place, not showing her any empathy. She would’ve gone to her house and been supportive.

I don’t understand why the gang thinks Victor will slip up anymore now than before but whatever, I like my faves working together. Not sure if Mac, as Commissioner, is in on the fakery. The DA is, but as Robert said, “the mighty have fallen”. 😂

The Ava/Nina conversation was good. CW broke my cold heart when she said: “I can’t save her”.

But when she went on to say: “I won’t survive losing her”, I said: “let us help you with that!!” outloud, I couldn’t help it.

I’m sure the character away from the mob family would be more palatable but I don’t see it happening so be gone, girl.

I think the Britt memorial was just an excuse to have Nina get triggered and I worry that soon we’ll have no more opportunities to see Liesl.

• Like 9
22 hours ago, Katy M said:

Joss said Sonny might kill Dex if he found out and Carly said he might.  Am I the only one who thinks that would be an extreme overreaction and Sonny would not.  I mean, if he didn't kill Shiloh over Kristina, he's not going to kill Dex over Joss.  This is so ridiculous.

I roll my eyes every time someone trembles in fear over what Big Bad Sonny might do.

The most violent thing Sonny has done in recent years is throw barware or given someone a stern talking-to. He’s about as scary as a dried up gummi bear. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

Sonny is noticeably more chill recently. Whether it's the relationship with Nina, or Mo being older, or whatever, I like. Sonny's still a trash person, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't seem to run on hate and misogyny like he used to. It's all fumes. I find myself rolling my eyes whenever some Carlyspawn starts a rant on how terrible Sonny is. Me, who has spilled who knows how much virtual ink over the years ranting about how terrible Sonny is.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Sonny is noticeably more chill recently. Whether it's the relationship with Nina, or Mo being older, or whatever, I like. Sonny's still a trash person, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't seem to run on hate and misogyny like he used to. It's all fumes. I find myself rolling my eyes whenever some Carlyspawn starts a rant on how terrible Sonny is. Me, who has spilled who knows how much virtual ink over the years ranting about how terrible Sonny is.

LOL right? 
And truthfully i just get tired of it. Because I mean. Sonny is terrible now to everyone because Sonny legitimately thought his marriage was over and decided to be with someone who loved him.thats it. Now do you want to say it was scuzzy that he chose that woman. that same night? Sure. that was scuzzy. but for all Sonny knew, Carly wasn't coming and he had said to her basically if you don't show up tonight then we're done. yada yada ultimatium whinging aside, I think that's fair on his part. Carly needed "time" to realize/think things over, yet didnt know how much "time she needed (and truthfully there was no indication whatsoever that after Carly had "time" to process things that things would fall on Sonny's side anyway). 

they are also mad at him because he chose not to kill Nina. which is equally pathetic.  and what more so is, is that when Michael decides to forgive Sonny (please note again, he's officially been madder at Sonny for sleeping/choosing Nina vs murdering his birth father ) its going to be back to laaadeeeedaaaaddaaaa Sonny is great and ignore the bad stuff.

If Michael truly was over Sonny, truly wanted their kids to know a world without people like Sonny, and didnt want Avery + Donna to have a relationship with a man - then instead of hiring Baby Jason to be all lalala Imma taking you down from the inside and you will KNOW, Michael would have been on the phone to Mac (because you know Mac wouldn't fool around), tell him where all the bodies were buried, and all the ins and outs of the business, and watch the fire burn  and then turn his back away and never think of him again.  

But again when it benefits them they like the fact that Sonny is a mobster. (see Trina's trial). they are just pissed that Sonny isn't mad at Nina like they are. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

With Nikolas' last conversation with Ava, I imagine he thinks that they will get back together so what does it matter if Ava gets Wyndemere.

Nik has said a variation of that speech to Ava every time they break up/divorce/separate. You'd think by now she'd either accept him for the weak person he is or permanently cut him loose.

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

I roll my eyes every time someone trembles in fear over what Big Bad Sonny might do.

The most violent thing Sonny has done in recent years is throw barware or given someone a stern talking-to. He’s about as scary as a dried up gummi bear. 

Sonny hasn't been an effective threat for years. It always cracks me up when Joss or Michael play that card. With Jason gone, it's not gonna happen. Dex sure isn't going to shoot someone on Sonny's orders unless Sonny is standing there with him. And maybe not even then.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Well he did have Dex kinapped with his hands tied over his head for over a day when he thought he was the Hook.  But, that's still a far cry from killing someone over dating his former stepdaughter with her consent.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, nilyank said:

I am trying to figure why Victor wanted Ava to get Wyndemere and everything inside or to a smaller extent why Nikolas agreed to those terms.

Ava isn't moving back to island because she is going to stay around for Nina. I wonder if they are going to put the set in storage what with Nik moving out, Spencer living with Sonny and Victor staying at the hotel.

I know it can't possibly be, but are Valentin, Anna and Lucy staying at Sonny's cabin (site of where Nelle took Wylie after kidnapping him; also where Ava and Nik first had sex)

It’s very strange and un Victor like for him to just give into Ava’s demands. The recording she has of Nikolas is meaningless now that Esme is alive. And Nikolas could easily say he was just covering for Ava because he believed she pushed Esme( which would be believable given she had just found out about his affair.) and Victor wanting to keep Ava from smearing the family name is ridiculous given that Helena, Stavros, and Stefan have committed worse crimes than Nikolas and all are public knowledge. I think the last conversation with Ava & Nikolas definitely left the door open for them to get back together in the future. Ava is angry and hurt but she is clearly still very much in love with Nikolas. Even in that conversation where Nikolas was painting the picture of them reunited she was interested in how that would be possible and had to force herself to walk away from him.That’s not the reaction of someone who truly wants to give up. 

• Like 7
On 1/27/2023 at 3:06 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

And it will never stop bugging me that the "good" women on TV always put their fetus' health over their own. To the point where, in Willow's case, the only way it's OK for her to consent to a tiny risk to that baby is for her other child to remind her how much she's valued...as a mother.  

It's part of the overall conservative regression of daytime in the last couple decades. Abortion is rarely mentioned outright except in very extreme cases, and very young people (like Spencer or previously, Maxie and Michael) are eager to either adopt, procreate or settle down as quickly as possible. Everything is baby stories. Which is why it was sadly so bold even 10 years ago when, on the online All My Children, Agnes Nixon and co. told a story with a young woman not hesitating to have an abortion after being raped.

Today, on GH: Michael has one child and a baby on the way but still looks about fifteen himself, Maxie has three(!!) I can't remember the names of, Comatose Lulu has two, one of which was conceived and born without her knowledge or consent in a test tube to a supervillain, and 18-20? year old Spencer wants to adopt his father's child borne of a ONS to his boarding school girlfriend. And of course St. Willow will risk everything to have a child Right Now, as opposed to waiting. It didn't used to be this way on daytime, and they would not dare give a character like Robin HIV today.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 7
  • Applause 8

Not sure there's a way back for Nik and Ava or a future at all for the former. But if all these Wyndemere shenanigans are to set up a future "It's my house!" "Because I gave it to you!" running joke then I approve.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Grinaldi said:

Not sure there's a way back for Nik and Ava or a future at all for the former. But if all these Wyndemere shenanigans are to set up a future "It's my house!" "Because I gave it to you!" running joke then I approve.

I would never have thought of Nik and Ava as the next Alan and Monica but I can see it.  We may have to wait awhile though.  

• Like 3
10 hours ago, tessaray said:
11 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

I would never have thought of Nik and Ava as the next Alan and Monica but I can see it.  We may have to wait awhile though.  

Oh, lord, retire that worn-out "joke." It was played out years ago. It's as bad as the stupid no-turkey Thanksgiving.

Ava and Nik wish they could be Alan and Monica. Ava has it in her, but Nik is way too spineless and stupid.

Edited by dubbel zout
spelling
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

There’s nothing that’s happened between Ava & Nikolas that makes it where “there’s no way back”.Nikolas cheated, so what? Cheating is a soap troupe at this point. Ava herself cheated on her boyfriend with his father and got knocked up with Avery. I don’t care if she wasn’t married to Morgan, it was still just as wrong. Nikolas slept with his sons girlfriend(technically ex at the time) and Ava slept with her daughters boyfriend multiple times while pretending to be her aunt because she faked her death. Nik hasn’t done anything worse than Ava has to someone one else so she really has no moral high ground to stand on and really needs to come off her high horse. If Carson can get married 5 times after the vile and horrible things they’ve said and done to each other over the years then so can NAVA. It wasn’t too long ago Ava was walking around as the town pariah, but she was given more than one chance to get it right. Nikolas should also be given the same chance to be better.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
13 hours ago, jsbt said:

It's part of the overall conservative regression of daytime in the last couple decades. Abortion is rarely mentioned outright except in very extreme cases, and very young people (like Spencer or previously, Maxie and Michael) are eager to either adopt, procreate or settle down as quickly as possible. Everything is baby stories. Which is why it was sadly so bold even 10 years ago when, on the online All My Children, Agnes Nixon and co. told a story with a young woman not hesitating to have an abortion after being raped.

Yes. The only exception is DOOL, as they just had an abortion story. They may have known they were moving to streaming only in the States at the time though, as they film 6 months ahead. Y&R is also very baby crazy.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava and Nik wish they could be Alan and Monica. Ava has it in her, but Nik is way to spineless and stupid.

Alan could be spineless, especially around his family. Nik and Victor aren't exactly Alan and Edward but there's a similarity. You've even got Laura as the Lila stand-in.  🙂

But you're right about the stupid. Let's hope the next Nik is less of a dumb ass. 

• Like 4