Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

What about golden child Wiley's bone marrow being used to save Willow?  After all, with Nina being her mother and Nelle her sister, Wiley is now a blood relative.  Of course, Willow would not allow Wiley to go through the pain and discomfort of having to donate bone marrow and to be used as a donor, as he is so special.

No one except Carly knows that Wiley is biologically related to Willow, though.  Too bad Nelle died--I'm sure her marrow would've been a spot-on match, especially if the transplant was done on the Pennsylvania side of the hospital.

• Wink 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

As someone who started chemo two weeks ago, I can already tell I'm going to hate the Willow-doing-chemo story. Tell Wyllie you're sick. I can't remember how old he is, but he's old enough to know that his mom is sick, and she's getting medicine at the hospital to make her better but it will make her sicker for a while. He doesn't need to know the gory details, but he's going to know something is wrong with her.

You're right #Pingaponga -- the child should be told, and that it will take some time for her to feel better. Kids aren't dumb. 

I'll be thinking of you. Treatment may not always be pleasant, but you will get to the other side. Best wishes. 

Edited by rur
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 4
On 11/22/2022 at 10:06 PM, Mirabelle said:

He can come back as Lucky. 

I know this was meant as a joke but I could see FV doing this. Might be the only way he’d actually show interest in the character. 

On 11/22/2022 at 10:20 PM, statsgirl said:

Will Laura's (and Felicia's?) genes be able to overcome the Cassadine/Ryan/Corinthos ones?

I know this is GH so it goes without saying that Esme’s bio parents will change five or so times before the show settles on a final, but I still kind of doubt Ryan is actually her father. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, tessabq said:

Re: Monica & cancer. I remember a scene where she was brushing her hair and noticed the large amount of hair that was falling out with each brush stroke. Another scene where she was screaming with rage about how her body had betrayed her by having cancer. Her scene partner was either Alan or Sean.

I very distinctly remember Monica crying her eyes out when she got a look of herself mastectomy, but before she got reconstruction. (I think Amy gave her a Wonderbra when she did as a present.) 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And then, when Willow's on her death bed, this asshole will blurt it out and somehow be proclaimed the savior. 

God, I hate her.

I already see how this storyline is going. They will end up doing to bone marrow drive and there will be no match because Nina hasn't donated. With her whole talk about Wylie and his broken home, Carly will hold that over Nina's head, plus visitation rights. Nina won't be able to donate for medical reasons or reasons at that point. We'll drag this. Poor comatose, pregnant Willow, we're all still desperate to find her biological family. Then Carly comes clean and we have Nina heroically risks her life to save her nasty daughter, but not before falling to her knees and telling Carly how grateful she is and how she should be rewarded for her altruism.

Then we will all collectively gag.

• Sad 4
  • Applause 2

I was looking at the episode counts at the SON boards, and no surprise that Victor won October. Sonny and Carly were a shockingly low fifth and tied-for-sixth, respectively. If you feel that 2022 overall has been the Sonny, Carly, and Nina hour, you're right, but Esme was in more episodes than anyone else two months (March and August). 

https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/61924-general-hospital-october-2022-episode-count/

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 3
On 11/22/2022 at 8:06 PM, Mirabelle said:

He can come back as Lucky. 

I would not even be mad at it. RH is a good enough actor, and has that playful sense of humor that Lucky could sometimes have. It would be worth it to get Lucky back on the scene. Then they could also eventually reunite Liz and Lucky. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 5

If Drew and Carly are trying to be clandestine why did they think the park was the best place to meet?

And why did Robert and HOlly think the docks were the best place to have a super secret conversation?

Does Port Charles not have private places with walls?

On another note, my heart broke for Britt when she got the news. Diseases suck.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Today's ep is a rerun of last year's Thanksgiving episode, and tomorrow there's no episode at all because of football.

Happy Thanksgiving to us and this reprieve!

56 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Does Port Charles not have private places with walls?

The funniest to me is when people have SUPER SECRET conversations in front of the elevators in GH with the convenient corner two feet away where people always overhear.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Today's ep is a rerun of last year's Thanksgiving episode, and tomorrow there's no episode at all because of football.

I do remember - was it least year or the year before? - that a new episode aired on Thanksgiving or the day after, though that didn’t show in my program guide.  I happened to see it while channel surfing at my parents’ house.

11 hours ago, paisley said:

What year was it that Alexis had the Cassidines for dinner with Sean, Harmony, and  Esme? I enjoyed that more than anything I've seen in years.

If Esme was there, then that should have been last year.

Robert better be playing Holly again or both are in on it because having shots of anything while wearing a secured briefcase is the dumbest thing ever.

And as much as I love Britt and her mother as characters, I couldn’t get into their scenes because I think her departure storyline sucks.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Robert better be playing Holly again or both are in on it because having shots of anything while wearing a secured briefcase is the dumbest thing ever.

I have a feeling it’s a plan both Robert and Holly are playing out after Holly confessed everything. He said something about getting Victor.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Catching up on the week…Brick can’t put two and two together that Carly needed antibiotics for Dex?!  even after hearing Dex had an infection he can’t even guess that MIGHT be a possibility?!  Ugh. Useless. I did like his suit. 

Dex and Joss have chem. I liked the kiss. I feel terrible for Cam, but yeah. I can see why a 19 year old would choose the troubled bad boy over the boy next door she’s known her entire life. It’s just the nature of being young and immature. 

I felt so badly for Britt. That’s just awful news to take in. Austin was a good friend. 

Sonny didn’t even bat an eye when Carly told him she and Drew were a couple. Hahaha. He couldn’t care less. I love that. 

“Carly’s my best friend and your family.”  Umm Olivia….YOUR HUSBAND IS YOUR FAMILY.  God.  One step forward two steps back with that one.

Holly/Emma kinda stress me out so I won’t be too sad when she leaves  I liked Ethan so I wouldn’t be upset if he comes back. I’d love to see an Ethan/Krissy pairing, now that’s she’s older and it’s no longer creepy.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Like 3
  • Love 6
On 11/24/2022 at 2:41 AM, methodwriter85 said:

very distinctly remember Monica crying her eyes out when she got a look of herself mastectomy, but before she got reconstruction. (I think Amy gave her a Wonderbra when she did as a present.) 

Yes I remember that scene well. Alan was there with her. It was such a great scene. 

• Love 4

Love that orange color on Nina on Tuesday. Liesl is blonde now?  I don’t like it. 

Wiley should know Willows is sick. I mean obviously not every detail but he should know mommy isn’t feeling well and she’s going to take medicine to get better, but the meds might make her tired and sick for a while before they start working. He is at an age where he will know something is off, and not knowing exactly what will just make him more scared.

Lots of nice coats lately…Carly, Elizabeth, and today Victor.

LMAO at Carly’s “oh shit” face when Michael told her they were looking for Willows birth parents. Don’t ever play poker lady. 

“Looks like you’ve had a break in.”  “No, I wanted it like this.”  Oh Britt. You will be missed. 

Michael just shut the fuck up. Nina didn’t accuse TJ and Willow of having an affair, she just said something was going on and guess what there was. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I liked Ethan so I wouldn’t be upset if he comes back. I’d love to see an Ethan/Krissy pairing, now that’s she’s older and it’s no longer creepy.

I've taken a lot of breaks so I'm not sure- has Kristina expressed any attraction to men after coming out about her affair with Parker? I didn't think she had, but I could be wrong. It feels like anytime a previously straight character comes out about being attracted to the same sex they're basically written as being gay instead of bi. Kind of frustrating, honestly. Nathan Parsons show did just end and he's already shown he's not above coming back so I'm all for seeing Ethan again.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I've taken a lot of breaks so I'm not sure- has Kristina expressed any attraction to men after coming out about her affair with Parker? I didn't think she had, but I could be wrong. It feels like anytime a previously straight character comes out about being attracted to the same sex they're basically written as being gay instead of bi. Kind of frustrating, honestly. Nathan Parsons show did just end and he's already shown he's not above coming back so I'm all for seeing Ethan again.

I don't think so. She did date/hook up with a guy that worked with her at Perks Coffee or whatever it was lol. She sort of cheated on him with Parker. Idk if Kristina and the guy were an official couple at the time. She and Molly did talk about her confusion and being sexually fluid. 

But anyway, since then she hasn't had any kind of romantic storyline related to her being attracted to men or women. She's hardly on the show. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

And if they give up Dr. O  I a totally out.

If you DVR or can catch it on demand, there were good scenes with Dr. O and Britt on Wednesday. Worth taking a look. Ignore O’s horrible dye job. 

9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I've taken a lot of breaks so I'm not sure- has Kristina expressed any attraction to men after coming out about her affair with Parker?

She hasn’t, but at one point she did say she was fluid on her sexuality so it could happen I guess. 

38 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Ignore O’s horrible dye job. 

I don't think that's a dye job.   I've read in several places that she went back to her natural hair color.   (Think she looks better with darker hair, though.)

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Wouldn't she have to have it colored in some way to go back blonde after being dark? I'm not sure how that works exactly, if you could take the brown out somehow and have it naturally blonde again. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Lol I did see some old pics of her as a blonde, and she looks okay. I think a lot of natural blondes look better with darker hair. 

• Applause 1
9 hours ago, sas616 said:

I don't think that's a dye job.   I've read in several places that she went back to her natural hair color.   (Think she looks better with darker hair, though.)

Agreed - the dark hair accentuates her eyes and amazing bone structure.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Wouldn't she have to have it colored in some way to go back blonde after being dark? I'm not sure how that works exactly, if you could take the brown out somehow and have it naturally blonde again. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Lol I did see some old pics of her as a blonde, and she looks okay. I think a lot of natural blondes look better with darker hair. 

If the darker color was dyed, she'd have to get that stripped out, THEN dye it back to blonde. 

She have have gone lighter because it's less aging than darker hair.

• Useful 1
On 11/23/2022 at 8:07 PM, racked said:

I know this was meant as a joke but I could see FV doing this. Might be the only way he’d actually show interest in the character. 

I know this is GH so it goes without saying that Esme’s bio parents will change five or so times before the show settles on a final, but I still kind of doubt Ryan is actually her father. 

I really, really want Esme to be Kevin and Lucy's. Don't ask me how ... but Avery Pohl and Lynn Herring could totally play mother/daughter. And then Ryan can be Uncle Daddy.

Edited by threebluestars
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Just caught up, thanks to liberal fast forwarding, on a dozen or so episodes.  

Talk about whiplash pacing on the Holly story.  I know ES is on for a limited run, but it feels like we’ve moved straight to “ok, let’s wrap this up” mode over the course of one or two episodes.

MB could take lessons from KT on flinging objects across the room.  She hurled that diploma like a frisbee then tore the rest of her office up for good measure.  Tough but great scenes from her and KG.

The Anna/Valentin and Fed fakeout from a week or so back was well-done, albeit straight out of Silence of the Lambs.

Did Martin and Valentin polish off that entire hummingbird cake? 🤢 

On 11/23/2022 at 1:28 PM, nilyank said:

Hey, that random chick has a name (can't remember it now) and she got lines too first interacting with Carly and Nina, then with Diane.

Yes!  Trish; she’s only had lines on a rare occasion but has been in the background of nearly every Metro Court scene in the past 2-ish years.

• Love 3

Catching up on both the show and here…

I must have been looking down during the dorm room scenes. Trina has giant pictures of herself on the walls?? WTF? And where was Trina during Dex’s sleepover, anyway? Shouldn’t she have come home? Or was she just out posing for a new poster to put on the door.

Since Britt’s disease had already been introduced, it makes sense for her exit story to be her going off to seek treatment/ die alone. (Maybe she’ll throw herself on Jason’s rubble pile.) It also leaves the door open for a possible return via miracle cure, so I’m ok with that. What I’m not ok with is how they’re teasing us with the Austin chemistry, when they know they can’t deliver anymore of it.

UO here, but I like Ethan and will enjoy his brief return. I hope it’s soon, because poor ES is clearly in need of more rest and looks like she’s not enjoying a minute of this. I wish her well.

I liked that singer that Chase is doing a duet with. They had decent chemistry, too. I wouldn’t be opposed to a pairing, even one that ends with him leaving the show, because Chase is boring and his relationship with BL has become annoying.

Dr. O’s original hair color may be blonde, but she is of an age now that currently, her natural hair color is likely gray. That is definitely a dye job. And apparently, Hair & Makeup got a good deal on that particular shade because they put it on everybody. Watch ash blonde Sonny show up in a few days.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

nd where was Trina during Dex’s sleepover, anyway?

both Joss and Trina are supposed to be staying at home for safety from the Hooker. Carly apparently didn't worry about Joss not coming home all that time.  Plus, Joss called Trina to make sure she wasn't going to stop by and warned her about the bed bugs in the middle of the hallway for the entire world to hear.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Dr. O’s original hair color may be blonde, but she is of an age now that currently, her natural hair color is likely gray.

I think that’s quite a leap. KG was born in 1957. I know an awful lot of women older than that who haven’t gone grey yet. My mother is 91 and still isn’t completely grey! However, I agree that the darker hair better complements her features.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I liked that singer that Chase is doing a duet with.

maybe she can be Cam's bad girl rebound after Joss dumps him for her "bad boy".  Not that she is a bad girl but she is older than Cam and a pop star so that would be a good "bad girl" rebound for Cam if he took off and went on the road with her.

Although she did have good chem with Chase...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I think that’s quite a leap. KG was born in 1957. I know an awful lot of women older than that who haven’t gone grey yet. My mother is 91 and still isn’t completely grey! 

Really? I’m younger than that and I’m already mostly gray. Every woman I know who is around my age is either gray, getting there, or dyeing their hair because of it. Lucky genes in your family!

(Either way, I’d stake big piles of money on KG’s hair being dyed. It’s a nice dye job, but it’s a dye job.)

• Like 2

These writers are the WORST.

Darkham is a prison for the clinically insane.  That's where Heather's been living.  Shadybrook is a baby prison for non heavy duty criminals (alexis, Spencer) and people like Ryan in his current (alleged) state.  They are not the same building. They are supposedly not in the same town, though within the state and not far from PC. 

So, Dante visits Heather, supposedly at Darkham, walks out of her room and into the hallway at Shadybrook where he joins Ava and Mac in talking to Ryan.  I'm thinking whu??  Then the writers double down, and have Heather and Ryan bump into each other.  They don't live in the same building you dumb poo flinging writing monkeys.  GUH.  

Robert/Holly confuse me.  Were they in cahoots regarding the necklace or not?  Good of Holly not to hurt Laura and save her some time in calling Kevin!  Ava looks stunning.  

• Like 1
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Robert/Holly confuse me.  Were they in cahoots regarding the necklace or not? 

While Robert's comments to Holly last Monday? Tuesday? were cryptic, I got the sense he was making a plan to help free Holly from Victor.

Him passing out like that was a joke. And Holly barely reacting.

So is Holly gone now? Or is she still around?

8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"Tonight the tide turns for this family." Ugh, if only, Victor. If only. Don't tease.

I am BEYOND ready for this stupid plot to end.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ryan's look of horror at the mention of pickle ball cracked me up

I legit laughed out loud!!

28 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Robert/Holly confuse me.  Were they in cahoots regarding the necklace or not

Seems like she told him her predicament but drugged him and robbed him anyways.

Laura is so concerned about Holly working on "Thanksgiving Eve" but Kevin is working. The strange point is that Holly "is working/has business"..... she has no memory but is able to to contract work for an agency ??

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Seems like she told him her predicament but drugged him and robbed him anyways.

I wanted to believe that he was in on the drugging/robbing.  That they were working together, to free Ethan and get Holly into some sort of witness protection.  With Holly, presumebly, now on the run with the necklace, what's stopping victor from killing Ethan?  

11 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Laura is so concerned about Holly working on "Thanksgiving Eve" but Kevin is working.

Well, Kevin is a psychiatrist so he's probably got his hands full on Thanksgiving Eve (and the day after!!!),  Whereas it makes zero sense that Holly, who's been gone for two years and showed up two weeeks ago like a drowned rat on the Q estate, would have actual work right now.  Holly should be smart enough to come up with a better excuse.  

Why hasn't Laura fired Eileen yet?  

• Like 1
  • Love 6