Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, driver18 said:

What do Ava and Joss have in common? They're close to Trina, but not family.

When I was reading along, the first thing that came to my mind is, "Blondes." Now that would be a left turn, wouldn't it? It's no one we know, just some random psycho targeting blond women, like in Hitchcock's The Lodger. That would mean Nina, Maxie, Felicia, and Nurse Amy should watch out. Laura is safely off the map.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

I'd rather Sasha had been hooked instead of Brando. Brando is kind of blah, but Sasha is totally blah.

I agree. Something could still be done with Brando. Too bad Molly’s his cousin, she’s bi, right?

I want Ava free of Dickolas, he does nothing for me.

23 hours ago, Daisy said:

(Krissy today looked VERY much like Molly)

I also thought it was Molly at first, I was like why is Molly here??

22 hours ago, Daisy said:

i don't get why they are called Karens. 
poor Karen. :(

I really don’t know where that term came from either!  I know two Karen’s and neither one is a “Karen”, lol!

19 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Do they let you take needles on planes, or past security? 

Yes they do.  I called the airlines on this one because I wanted to bring my knitting needles and I would have been pissed if they confiscated them at security!

17 hours ago, driver18 said:

I read elsewhere and I'm liking the theory that Roy is the killer. He went after Ava. He was going after Joss, only turned to Brando cuz he saw him. What do Ava and Joss have in common? They're close to Trina, but not family. Rory wants to be the only one she leans on and turns to. And apparently we've seen him be ambidextrous. So, cool theory. 

LOVE THIS.

Sasha telling Nina she feels like she’s going to lose it…..girl, you lost it like two years ago and haven’t been right since.  She does play unhinged really well but for God’s sake can she please catch a break?!

Drew saying he thought a busy nurse and mom like Willow didn’t have the “luxury” of napping, ugh.  Just make her tea and shut it Dr. Phil.  LOL at Willow jumping down his throat when he said her body was going through a lot.  He looked so confused.

I’ve been spending a lot of time on the royals forum this past week and haven’t been checking in on here.  I missed my people!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Something could still be done with Brando. Too bad Molly’s his cousin, she’s bi, right?

I think you mean Kristina and, yes, they're cousins, several times removed (second cousins, once removed?  IDK, I can't keep track).  Molly isn't a blood relative and Brando did have that ONS with her a couple years back.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I agree. Something could still be done with Brando. Too bad Molly’s his cousin, she’s bi, right?

No. That would be Kristina who's bi. Molly and Brando already had their one-night stand when Molly thought TJ had dumped her, but in fact, had been kidnapped by Cyrus. And no, they're not cousins. Her dad, Ric and Mooby, have the same mother. Brando is Mooby's second? Third? cousin from the Corinthos side.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

Brando is Mooby's second? Third? cousin from the Corinthos side.

I believe second.  Gladys and Mike were first cousins (right?), so Gladys is Sonny's first cousin, once removed, making Brando his second cousin.

• Useful 1

Drew is pissed off that Carly isn't calling him back. back off. 
More people blowing smoke up Carly's butt. but it went south quickly because this chick hates Ruby and all things shady and Carly is like "who are you to judge" (and it's funny because it's Carly saying this). but apparently these people know each other. because Carly is saying how her Husband name was Daniel and she had a Mercedes and Southern Lady goes "OH MAH GAWD, YOU AE CAROLINE BENSON?!" Ohh this is Reese's mother. She's pissed that Carly's taken her (Reese's name). Carly started to throw shade at Southern Lady - but Southern Lady claps her back SOO hard saying "you took advantage of out generosity, when you slept with my husband."  Carly goes, well, i didn't know how to say no to him and I was 16 and he was 40 so technically, legally it was his fault. Reese's Mama continues to tear Carly a new one and said it was Reese who found out, got upset, and she died because Carly was trash. Carly claps back that she is no longer Caroline Benson w/wrong shoes, she's Carly, and she owes no one anything least all Southern Lady. Southern Lady basically says get out of here.

Michael is pissed that Baby Jason isn't up in Sonny's butt. Just eager to get him murdered i suppose. Michael "I hate lies of Omission. so don't interact with Joss so i don't have to lie." Joss and Michael are just hilariously stupid. You HIRING BABY JASON TO DO THIS IS A CONSTANT LIE OF OMISSION, YOU MORON

Trina and Rory are so boring. Trina is pissed that Spencer didn't trust her enough to tell her about the trap. Again. it's not that Spencer didn't trust you it's that Esme was stupid smart. And you would tell Joss and Joss doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut so she would have blabbered everything to Esme to score a point and then what. not to mention the plan was working for the most part. (Spencer just didn't know about Ryan, and IMO if he had he would have compensated for that angle).

Ms Dipstick freaks out at Drewfus because she's being stupid about her cancer.

Sonny tells Kristina she doesn't have to continue telling Jordan about her eye witness account. shut up. yes she does.

Joss is all hahaha I never lied because I never told anyone. (This is the same girl who chewed out Cam's butt for keeping his cousins secret.. by keeping quiet.). #FREECAM (also trina chewed her out for it).

Brando is suffering complications.

Heh. MIchael: stay away from Joss
Sonny: discreetly protect Joss
Baby Jason: Sure thing boss.
#FREECAM

• Love 8

I agree with everything Carly said to Mrs. Jacksonville 2022, but it’s Carly and I just can’t feel any sympathy towards her.  Loved her hair though, per usual.  Plus I’m sorry but is Jacksonville really hot shit or something?  No offense to anyone who lives there but I didn’t think it was a place one would get so high and mighty about.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Michael thanks Dex for saving Ava because she is Ava's mom (and again sings Joss' praises).  No one praises Kristina. That is why I hate those people,  It's only about them and their people -- the rest of the world can fall off a cliff and they don't care.

Michael "I hate lying to my sister."  Everyone else especially Sonny is totes okay though. He hired Dex because he has "combat experience and is comfortable with situational ethics". i.e. lying. Our juvenile leading man, folks.

Why does Michael have to call Carly that Brando was attacked? He's a man in his thirties, Brando is not Carly's relative and she's on a vacation. Just like Michael has to call Carly when he gets home from her house to say he got home safe. Stop with the enmeshment,

Dex thinks that taking down "a bad man" (Sonny) will make up for his mistakes. Dex really just believes anything Michael tells him, doesn't he? And since Sonny tells him to protect Joss discreetly, wouldn't that open a hole in his belief that Sonny is the bad guy here?

Joss "The truth always matters." Where is that lighting strike when it's needed.

The Sonny/Kristina interaction was nice. They should have Kristina on more. But Sonny interrupting Jordan question her was a dick move. Doesn't he want Brando's attacker caught?

Random woman comes up to Carly and praises her for reading an actual book. I've been reading books everywhere for years and no one has ever comes up to me and been impressed that I'm reading an actual book. Props to her for calling Carly "a greedy piece of trash."

Meanwhile Avery texts Joss "the best big sister ever". Don't the writers ever get tired of propping up this family?

How small if Jacksonville that a single "house of ill repute" is not only known but torn down? I have no idea where the red light district in my city is much less which individual houses

• Love 10

I'm beginning to think that Brando may live after all because this is the third time they've teased that he's dead. It's 'Boy who cried wolf' territory now.

8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Trina and Rory are so boring. Trina is pissed that Spencer didn't trust her enough to tell her about the trap. Again. it's not that Spencer didn't trust you it's that Esme was stupid smart. And you would tell Joss and Joss doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut so she would have blabbered everything to Esme to score a point and then what. not to mention the plan was working for the most part. (Spencer just didn't know about Ryan, and IMO if he had he would have compensated for that angle).

Trina and Rory are so boring, most of their conversations seem to be about Spencer.

And yes to the rest. If Trina doesn't understand why Spencer didn't tell her, she deserves Rory.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And yes to the rest. If Trina doesn't understand why Spencer didn't tell her, she deserves Rory.

like honestly I feel some of this is "Me thinks thou protest too much.. and ultimately. while i fundamentally get why Trina was upset. Spencer did have every right to believe Esme.  Trina was acting like they were best friends for decades and "how dare Spencer think that of me." well i mean. pretty easily imo. 

and again while I do believe that you can/can not be with people who hang out wtih bad people who dont jive with you (who needs that drama in your life) - the fact that Trina/Joss throw it out so easily like "End your friendship and then I can be your friend" never sat well with me. Quitting people is hard. and these two make it sound like it is like changing your underwear or something.  and the other fact that Trina legit saw Joss rub Esme's face with Spencer's gift two seconds after she said "be quiet about it." should be proof positive of why Spencer needed to ensure that no one knew (and I cant even remember how Cam got roped in).

i am kinda bummed that Ava did tell Trina because to me this was a kind of secret that would have been a great soapy screamy match that ended up in a kiss you know? but now we are just having Trina whine how "Spencer never told me the truth." he didn't have to. geeze

• Love 3

Good to know about the needlework needles on airplanes. I would avoid them anyway, because my experience is that regardless of official policy and common sense, some screeners take it on themselves to reject things. An example: a few years ago, I was in Australia and when I put my carryon through the X-Ray, the screener asked me if I was carrying scissors. Of course, I said no, and then she said, oh yes you are - and proceeded to confiscate the little cuticle scissors that were in my small manicure set. TBH I didn't even recall what was in that little set (the kind you buy at the drugstore - nothing super nice), so it sounded as though I was lying about having scissors. 

• Useful 1

LOL at Nik's reaction to Sonny saying he knows Nik didn't hook Ava.

Why are we revisiting Carly's past? Who cares? And since I wasn't paying close attention, how did Carly figure out Mrs. Jacksonville Snob was on her second wedding and was Reese's mother? Being glad that Ruby's house was torn down is hardly a giveaway.

I'm enjoying that the dolt's lame revenge plan for Sonny is going badly. Serves him right. Typical wienie that he has someone else to do his dirty work. If he really wanted to take Sonny down, he'd tell Jordan what he knows about the bidness. But of course he's not that brave.

8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Quitting people is hard. and these two make it sound like it is like changing your underwear or something. 

For Joss it is. You don't subscribe to her worldview, and boom! You're in the rearview mirror of her life with no looking back. I'm surprised Joss didn't break up with Cam on the spot when he said he didn't want to take that class with her.

I loved Trina glaring at Joss after Joss talked to Rory.

Drewfus is so boring.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Michael thanks Dex for saving Ava because she is Ava's mom (and again sings Joss' praises).  No one praises Kristina. That is why I hate those people,  It's only about them and their people -- the rest of the world can fall off a cliff and they don't care.

It's weird, because Kristina isn't an outsider, she's Michael's sister, too. And yet she's treated like an afterthought. Is it because she isn't Carly's? Madam Baby Hoarder never glommed onto to her like she has Avery. (I still say this is b/c Avery is Morgan's and Carly is the only one who knows it.) Or because she hasn't turned her back on Sonny over Nina?  Or because she isn't straight? (This is probably more the show.)

• Love 3

Kristina is treated like an afterthought by the writers, so she's an afterthought to everyone on the show. Lexi Ainsworth's IMDB doesn't show any current projects, so it's not an availability issue. I think the writers don't care about Kristina until someone remembers who she is and maybe it would be a good idea to include her in a story that involves her family.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 4

One comment, one question:

• Sonny keeps interrupting Jordan while she's trying to get witness statements, going so far as to tell Kristina to take a break, then he asks Jordan if his daughter is in danger. Maybe she'd have a better idea once she gets all the relevant info, Sonny! Let the woman do her job and she might be able to understand more about the attacks.
  • What was the book that Carly was reading in the restaurant? Whenever I see someone reading on TV or in a movie, I want to know what they are reading and I couldn't figure out what this book was.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Kristina isn't Carly's so neither Carly nor Michael care about her, and she's an adult and not a child so Carly can't claim and hoard her as she does Avery. I'd be surprised if Dex even knows that she's Sonny's child.

Ironic that Sonny is asking Dex to protect Joss, who is not his child and hates his guts right now, and not Kristina.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

like honestly I feel some of this is "Me thinks thou protest too much.. and ultimately. while i fundamentally get why Trina was upset. Spencer did have every right to believe Esme.  Trina was acting like they were best friends for decades and "how dare Spencer think that of me." well i mean. pretty easily imo.

Esme had been in a relationship with Spencer for a while (depending on when he was SORASed). As far as Spencer knows, Esme came to the US specifically because Spencer asked her to, and helped him gaslight Ava because he asked her to. In contrast, Spencer just met Trina.

Esme may well be a psychopath but Trina should understand that Spencer has some loyalty to her. Also she's really smart, she would have figured it out if Spencer told Trina, it was even sticky telling Cameron. Get over yourself, Trina.

19 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

What was the book that Carly was reading in the restaurant? Whenever I see someone reading on TV or in a movie, I want to know what they are reading and I couldn't figure out what this book was.

I tried to figure it out but I didn't recognize either the author or the title.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Typical wienie that he has someone else to do his dirty work. If he really wanted to take Sonny down, he'd tell Jordan what he knows about the bidness. But of course he's not that brave.

what it is, is. thinking about it. He's doing enough to be all "Hah i took you down." but not enough to actually hurt the business or Sonny because if they forgive each other he'll want to run it/be in charge of it again.

+ "we can't do anything TOO serious because Donna/Avery. whatever. if you think he's that scum and he shouldn't do his business then put his ass in jail ad explain to your sisters that he was a bad man that did bad things even though he loved them. stop playing both sides of the field.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

When I was reading along, the first thing that came to my mind is, "Blondes." Now that would be a left turn, wouldn't it? It's no one we know, just some random psycho targeting blond women, like in Hitchcock's The Lodger. That would mean Nina, Maxie, Felicia, and Nurse Amy should watch out. Laura is safely off the map.

Also Son of Sam went after brunettes. Back in 1977 when I was spending a whole lot of time hanging out at CBGBS I had long brown hair, even my Parents told me to be really careful (I was 17 at the time and I drove in from NJ a few times a week), anyway I got a haircut and dyed it red intentionally because of Son of Sam.

I don't think the writers have it in them to go that route but thumbs up if they did and went after Joss and Carly.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I'll admit, I'm Canadian. And I know Florida is in the south. But I had no idea Jacksonville, Florida was in "The South" and that people speak with a southern accent. What the hell was with the accent on that woman?

Some native Floridians do have an accent. But not that one. 

(Just another thing to embarrass Floridians today.)

9 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

What was the book that Carly was reading in the restaurant? Whenever I see someone reading on TV or in a movie, I want to know what they are reading and I couldn't figure out what this book was.

I'm choosing to believe it was one of those "What I Know About Business" books -- beautifully bound but only blank pages inside. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Esme may well be a psychopath but Trina should understand that Spencer has some loyalty to her. Also she's really smart, she would have figured it out if Spencer told Trina, it was even sticky telling Cameron. Get over yourself, Trina.

that was basically what i wanted to say but you said it so much succinctly. LOL. and truthfully. as psycho as Esme is. i am sorry.  I am more surprised people were #TeamTrina vs. you know questioning it. and that's what hurt the story ultimately. EVERYONE knew it was Esme. NO one doubted Trina, and Trina is pouty that Spencer did't either A: insta-bend over for her, and now B: tell her that he actually did

this just feels sort of retreatedy with Joss/Cam before she stuck her tongue down his throat. "you hate Jason," "fine we disagreee "not good enough we can't be friends "but i really do like you" (and now Cam is trapped with Joss)

• Love 3

I don’t get the point of the 2 days of Carly and the dayplayers in Florida. Nothing revealed today is even new info. We heard about it, complete with flashbacks to a teen Carly, when Reese was on the show. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

What is the point of Carly being in Jacksonville?

To give Drewfus something to do? He can spring into action and put those Seal skills to use and track Carly to the scary town of Jacksonville, Florida, where a snobby rich lady is being mean to her. We all know Carly is a shrinking violet scared of her own shadow who never fights back. She needs a big, strong man to do that for her.

ETA: I do find it hilarious that Carly found a great hotel room but hasn't used the phone in it to let people know what's up. Always thinking of others, our Carls.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

I'll admit, I'm Canadian. And I know Florida is in the south. But I had no idea Jacksonville, Florida was in "The South" and that people speak with a southern accent. What the hell was with the accent on that woman?

A significant part of my family is from the Florida panhandle, which is very definitely "The South."  Jacksonville is in north Florida, but it has a large Navy base and a significant number of people from other parts of the country, so lots of accents.  Southern accents vary significantly by location and economic level, too, but actors and actresses usually sound like they've watched "Gone with the Wind" too many times.  The staff of GH, which has a very difficult time with any kind of geography, probably doesn't care about this kind of nuance.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

I don’t understand the point of Carly’s trip down memory lane, 

Like everything Carly, they had no point.

The writers wrote Carly's scenes with someone who looks down on people who come from the wrong side of the track and then slut-shamed her for "seducing" her husband even though Carly was only 16 and there isn't just a clear power imbalance but this would also be considered statutory rape. I guess they're supposed to be sympathy points for Carly.

Those scenes were cringe on all levels, tbh.

Are they going to stretch Brando's dying? Nobody needs that.

Nothing in the world will make Rory interesting and watching him hang out with Joss, Cam and Trina is really weird.

I wish a blackhole would open up and swallow Michael, Willow and Drewfus.

Michael: Why aren't you answer your phone?

What are you? The phone police, puff fish? Take a seat. Like people aren't allowed to forget their phones. Just ask your stupid mother.

Of course, Drewfus is still calling Carly. Because you must keep calling every other second until the other person flushes their phone down the toilet. What in the hell is this?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

How small if Jacksonville that a single "house of ill repute" is not only known but torn down? I have no idea where the red light district in my city is much less which individual houses

Probably NOT small enough, as you say, but it does remind me of my grandmother saying, "I'm not driving down that cat alley!" (meaning whorehouse lane) whenever we'd be in the small town where she spent much of her childhood and adult life, and were passing the street in question.

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t get the point of the 2 days of Carly and the dayplayers in Florida. Nothing revealed today is even new info. We heard about it, complete with flashbacks to a teen Carly, when Reese was on the show. 

It's sad to see that Linda Purl is just "a dayplayer" these days. 😢 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 2

Anyone recognize Linda Purl as Mrs Honeycutt? I was trying to find a link and thought: “She’s the wife of BJ Honeycutt?” Then I remembered he was in M.A.S.H., not GH. 🤣🤣

Maybe this whole weird storyline is to make us sympathize with the Carly character? It won’t work with the people here, but maybe others?

Or SB is coming back and she’ll find him bartending somewhere in a beach shack? 🤢

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
59 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

I don’t understand the point of Carly’s trip down memory lane, but I’ve only been watching since 2018. If we’re supposed to admire Carly’s post-divorce journey of self discovery, I’m not into it (and I’ve been on that journey before, so I guess I should relate.) 

I'm worried this this gonna be the thing that gives Carly the 'purpose' she's been lacking since losing the hotel. Maybe she's gonna start her own 'My Foundation' to help sex workers get better jobs, or something. 

Classic Michael "I don't like Ava, but Avery is my sister so I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to Ava, now, let's talk about my plan to destroy Avery's dad."

And  they keep making Michael seem so controlling with Willow. "Why haven't you answered my calls" and he has to go with her to the hospital. If it was anyone but Michael I would expect the show to do an emotional abuse story, but we all know Michael is perfect. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I'm worried this this gonna be the thing that gives Carly the 'purpose' she's been lacking since losing the hotel. Maybe she's gonna start her own 'My Foundation' to help sex workers get better jobs, or something. 

LOL, nah.  This was all about "let's feel sorry for poor Carly and her poor childhood and admire how far she's come in the face of that adversity."  As if the writers haven't written her as the ultimate winner--despite also being the ultimate mean girl--for the better part of two decades.  I imagine Carly will tell Drewfus--when he inevitably flies down there to make sure she's OK (because airline delays are a life and death sitch)--all about this and he'll tell her she's good enough, she's strong enough, and gosh darnit, people like her.  That he ESPECIALLY likes her.  Then she'll tell him she's tired of being afraid of moving forward with him and we'll all be subjected to a nauseatingly long love scene.

As to Carly Jr., I see she's as smug and hypocritical as ever.  I really hope Trina starts to see her for the POS she really is.  I can't imagine Trina will be pleased with being put in the position of lying to Cam on that idiot's behalf.

22 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Classic Michael "I don't like Ava, but Avery is my sister so I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to Ava, now, let's talk about my plan to destroy Avery's dad."

Not just 'don't like,' he said "I can't stand Ava."  He's such an asshole. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I do find it hilarious that Carly found a great hotel room but hasn't used the phone in it to let people know what's up

This.  So much this.  If I'm going on a trip and I have young kids at home, I would be checking in when I land to let everyone know that i'm not dead in a ditch.    The first thing she should have done was call home from a land line and let them know she'd lost her phone and to make sure no one at home was dead in a ditch, like her daughter who was thisclose to being speared in an alley.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

It's sad to see that Linda Purl is just "a dayplayer" these days. 😢 

That’s Linda Purl? Wow, I didn’t recognize her. I guess I haven’t seen her in awhile

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

that was basically what i wanted to say but you said it so much succinctly. LOL. and truthfully. as psycho as Esme is. i am sorry.  I am more surprised people were #TeamTrina vs. you know questioning it. and that's what hurt the story ultimately. EVERYONE knew it was Esme. NO one doubted Trina, and Trina is pouty that Spencer did't either A: insta-bend over for her, and now B: tell her that he actually did

this just feels sort of retreatedy with Joss/Cam before she stuck her tongue down his throat. "you hate Jason," "fine we disagreee "not good enough we can't be friends "but i really do like you" (and now Cam is trapped with Joss)

I actually fully understand why Trina was upset. Sure, if Spencer had believed Esme over Trina that’s his right - but it’s Trina’s right to not want to be friends with someone who would think that of her.  Trina spent months thinking he left her when she was upset at the cabin, tried to see her and almost kissed her the night before he left for Baby Jail, and then immediately decided she was guilty of a truly awful thing to be accused of. Spencer’s reasoning for not telling Trina never made sense - he once said it was because Trina would tell Scotty (her then attorney) and he’d use it for leverage in another case.   His best justification would have been that she’d tell blabbermouth Joss who would surely decide she can fulfill the plan better and ruin it, but people aren’t allowed to say things like that about Joss. I am sick of hearing Trina go to Rory to complain about Spencer though. Not a worthy triangle at all. 

It would be hilarious and bizarre if Rory is the hook killer. What a weird character arc, but I find him incredibly boring so I don’t mind if he leaves soon. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, racked said:

I actually fully understand why Trina was upset. Sure, if Spencer had believed Esme over Trina that’s his right - but it’s Trina’s right to not want to be friends with someone who would think that of her.  Trina spent months thinking he left her when she was upset at the cabin, tried to see her and almost kissed her the night before he left for Baby Jail, and then immediately decided she was guilty of a truly awful thing to be accused of. Spencer’s reasoning for not telling Trina never made sense - he once said it was because Trina would tell Scotty (her then attorney) and he’d use it for leverage in another case.   His best justification would have been that she’d tell blabbermouth Joss who would surely decide she can fulfill the plan better and ruin it, but people aren’t allowed to say things like that about Joss. I am sick of hearing Trina go to Rory to complain about Spencer though. Not a worthy triangle at all. 

It would be hilarious and bizarre if Rory is the hook killer. What a weird character arc, but I find him incredibly boring so I don’t mind if he leaves soon. 

No you are right. Trina does have the right not to want to be friends with Spencer (because of that). but i just mean the storyline drove me bananas basically because no one EVER doubted Trina.  so it was really like what was the point. 

and honestly (I can't remember most of it because it was boring LOL) i believe what you said, but also again i would't have said anything either flat out because of Joss. because Trina almost always tells Joss everything anyway and Joss ALWAYS tells someone about it. 

• Love 2

If Spencer had told Trina that he secretly believed her, even if she didn't tell anyone else she wouldn't have been as angry at him as she was, and Esme would have clued in immediately. Trina is no actor, and Esme was/is very personally paranoid.

Trina has the right to be hurt but everyone other than Spencer believed her.  Everyone.  To be this upset that Spencer hid that he too believed her means she's either in love with Spencer or she has Joss' sense of entitlement.

• Love 5

I haven't seen Linda Purl in anything in a while either, and in the present day, she reminds me of Leslie Charleson. I wonder if it was intentional that Reese's mother came off as Southern Fried Monica.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If Spencer had told Trina that he secretly believed her, even if she didn't tell anyone else she wouldn't have been as angry at him as she was, and Esme would have clued in immediately. Trina is no actor, and Esme was/is very personally paranoid.

Trina has the right to be hurt but everyone other than Spencer believed her.  Everyone.  To be this upset that Spencer hid that he too believed her means she's either in love with Spencer or she has Joss' sense of entitlement.

But she is in love with Spencer.   

I thought GH was great this week.  I love when they get on a hot streak and for me, they're on one.  I'm actually interested in who the Hooker might be.  Now I find myself hoping it's Rory, and I think it is him.   

I didn't mind Carly's scenes, I actually thought they were the first decent Carly scenes in a while.  It's nice not to have her shoved into someone else's storyline sticking her nose into everything.   I'm also glad to see some movement in Liz's storyline.  And most surprisingly, MC woke up and his scenes with Ava were much improved.  She's been carrying him for a long time.  

• Love 5
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why are we revisiting Carly's past? Who cares?

Certainly not this viewer who was so excited when Carly said that she was going to be taking a vacation from Port Charles.  Silly me, to think that show was going to provide the viewers a break from this felon for a couple of days.  Not surprisingly, instead I am retold the story of how she was a victim as a 16-yr-old from a sexual predator in his forties.  Cue to a scene with Nicolas.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I haven't seen Linda Purl in anything in a while either, and in the present day, she reminds me of Leslie Charleson. I wonder if it was intentional that Reese's mother came off as Southern Fried Monica.

You're not the only one who 'saw' Leslie Charleson in Linda Purl!  But I'll be damned if I remember a character names Reese.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@KayVeeTeeVee: Reese came and went in 2005, but was around a while. She was an FBI agent who had a relationship with Sonny. (A story that already had been done once with Hannah Scott.) She initially came to town to help find Kristina, but then she started building a case against Sonny, then found herself attracted to him, etc.

Reese turned out to be Charlotte Roberts, Carly's childhood friend from Florida, whom Carly had thought dead. But now they hated each other, and they had catfights. Carly at that time was played by Jennifer Bransford.

Reese died from injuries sustained in a patented Guza sweeps event, a train crash. The actress, Kari Wuhrer, later sued ABC for wrongful termination, claiming she was let go because she was pregnant.

• Useful 2
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Yeah. She was just super butthurt that Spencer didn't. And she did admit on the stand that basically by the time the cabin happened - she had major crush feelings for Spencer, so Cam was no where in her emotional orbit. Then at the courthouse,  it was like "thanks for testifying, but we can't be friends." which-valid point

But then she gets hurt that Spencer actually holds her to that, and now she's pissed that Spencer didn't tell her everything.  It just gets annoying that she and Joss have this air of "YOU NEED TO TELL ME EVERYTHING OR WE ARE NOT FRIENDS" vibe. you don't have to know everything. and that's why i am kinda ticked off that Ava did tell Trina about this, eps if it's not having flashbacks of Trina/Spencer moments and regretting that she went with Rory too soon, or something. or you know. Trina saying "cool, now I know, but we're still not friends." which again is something Spencer didn't even fight. he accepted it.  

it just feels [now] that Trina went with Rory to make Spencer jealous or something. and honestly I don't even feel sorry for Rory because almost every aspect of their "relationship" has involved Spencer so far. i would't have dated Trina util that book was closed.

(also. i dunno how many days has been, but Spencer is in jail, and no visits, or even mentions about Spencer being in Big Boy Jail. so... yah. some friends here. - i'll give cam some credit i know he'll go lol)

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i dunno how many days has been, but Spencer is in jail, and no visits, or even mentions about Spencer being in Big Boy Jail

Spencer is at Pentonville, but it's been less than a week in PC time. He went in very soon after giving his statement about Ava's hooking.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Certainly not this viewer who was so excited when Carly said that she was going to be taking a vacation from Port Charles.  Silly me, to think that show was going to provide the viewers a break from this felon for a couple of days.  Not surprisingly, instead I am retold the story of how she was a victim as a 16-yr-old from a sexual predator in his forties.  Cue to a scene with Nicolas.

Could Nelle be Carly's DAUGHTER?  And that's why her DNA matched for a kidney for Joss?