Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Joss even at the party? It

She was partly baby sitting Wiley, she read the book , the nanny was putting him to bed so Michael and Willow could have "alone time". Why she was going to the boat house ??? Who knows/plot point.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

And of course she's going to get praise for saving Ava, to which her reply will no doubt be along the lines of "Ava's done a lot of awful things to my family and she deserves to suffer, but it wouldn't be right just to leave her there to die."

• Sad 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Blackie said:

She was partly baby sitting Wiley, she read the book , the nanny was putting him to bed so Michael and Willow could have "alone time".

I laughed when Joss snottily told Nina she wasn't going to tell Michael that Nina was at the house because he and Willow rarely had a night to themselves. With everyone else taking care of their kid, they could have plenty of alone time. Gah.

Also, Nina was in the kitchen and explained why she was there. It's not as if Nina were running around the house shouting for Wiley or running upstairs to his room so she could see him. 

I liked Nina telling Joss that Olivia knew why Nina was at the house. Nina didn't skulk into the Q mansion.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Re the Ava hooking mystery:

hmmm I wonder if Nicolas is going to worry that Spencer did it so will try to pin in on Liz because he knows she was "losing time" . He is just THAT scummy....

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ye gads, Cody & Britt make Jason & Britt look like a freaking Merchant Ivory romance! So painful. 

Nik already puffing around Elizabeth. ..They are really not afraid to make him look like the snake he is.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3

So Ava was stabbed with a fish hook - and then the stabber pulled out the hook? Why bother pulling it out? Dude (dudette? I'm thinking it was Esme) was wearing gloves, so there would have been no fingerprints on the hook.

43 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

So Ava was stabbed with a fish hook - and then the stabber pulled out the hook? Why bother pulling it out? Dude (dudette? I'm thinking it was Esme) was wearing gloves, so there would have been no fingerprints on the hook.

So she’d bleed out faster, is my guess. Any doctor will tell you that if you’ve been stabbed or impaled with something do not pull it out.   It’s the only thing plugging the hole. Also, depending on what the object is - it might do more harm coming out than going in (e.g., fishing hooks).

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

So Ava was stabbed with a fish hook - and then the stabber pulled out the hook? Why bother pulling it out?

Ava will bleed out faster.  

1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Ye gads, Cody & Britt make Jason & Britt look like a freaking Merchant Ivory romance! So painful. 

Am I the only one wondering why they were Covid kissing?  We haven't seen a Covid kiss in quite awhile, so unless one of them was recovering seemed odd that they didn't do a real kiss.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

hmmm I wonder if Nicolas is going to worry that Spencer did it so will try to pin in on Liz because he knows she was "losing time" . He is just THAT scummy....

As much as Nik was blaming Ava for everything, including him sticking his hockey stick into Esme's net, NIk would probably accuse Ava of stabbing herself.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
55 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

She bleeds out faster that way. While Kiki was straight up stabbed with a knife, I think she and Ava are supposed to mirror each other in this instance.

• Useful 2

Joss acting like she caught Nina sneaking into Wiley's room instead of hanging out in the breakfast room.  "I'm more than capable of throwing you out" would've gotten her a "put one hand on me and we'll be back in court."  Not that that would deter that entitled brat.  It's not her house, it's not any member of her family's house.  She's got some nerve.  Can we get in with her ending up in bed with Dex so Cam can be freed of her insufferable self? 

• Applause 14
32 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Can we get in with her ending up in bed with Dex so Cam can be freed of her insufferable self? 

If anything, today seemed like a step in that direction.

But this show will likely do exactly what they did with Carly/Jason and every relationship she's had with every single man. 

Joss and Cam could break up, but he'll be kept on a short leash.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Joss acting like she caught Nina sneaking into Wiley's room instead of hanging out in the breakfast room.  "I'm more than capable of throwing you out" would've gotten her a "put one hand on me and we'll be back in court."  Not that that would deter that entitled brat.  It's not her house, it's not any member of her family's house.  She's got some nerve.  Can we get in with her ending up in bed with Dex so Cam can be freed of her insufferable self? 

At the risk of advocating violence, good God does Joss ever need to be punched repeatedly in the face.

When she and Dex inevitably end up in bed, I'm guessing that there will be some kind of "misunderstanding" where she thinks she's seen the aftermath of Cam cheating on her before she runs to Dex and that way it won't be her "fault."

• Applause 8
30 minutes ago, Steph J said:

At the risk of advocating violence, good God does Joss ever need to be punched repeatedly in the face.

nah. just one good open handed slap.

and someone said it. nina was sitting there quietly in the the breakfast nook. she wasn't sneaking around or anything. she didn't even say boo to Joss.  Joss just went all Snarl and Cow and went after her. and honestly i'm tired of Nina just curling up in a ball and taking it. 

• Love 10

I'm confused. Michael, Willow, and Wiley live in the gatehouse, right? Which should be near the gates to the property, right? So Nina would have passed the gatehouse to get to the main house to deliver the desserts. Why would Joss think Nina is there to see Wiley? Sure, maybe he's at the shindig, but apparently dessert was being served well past Wiley's bedtime. The whole Joss rant was stupid. This whole event was stupid.

• Applause 3
  • Love 3

I don't know about you, but I'm concerned about Nina's car. She never did take out the desserts. There must be melted chocolate , spoiled whipped cream etc sitting in there for hours.

Edited by MsMalin
  • LOL 8
31 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

I don't know about you, but I'm concerned about Nina's car. She never did take out the desserts. There must be melted chocolate , spoiled whipped cream etc sitting in there for hours.

They'll be talking for years about how she ruined the party. The stabbing will be an afterthought. Nina said she was going to bring the desserts over, but of course, she really just wanted to parade her relationship with Sonny in front of everyone. Hasn't that woman done enough damage? If she had any shame, she would leave town and start over somewhere else.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, BunnyFooFoo said:

I'm confused. Michael, Willow, and Wiley live in the gatehouse, right? Which should be near the gates to the property, right? So Nina would have passed the gatehouse to get to the main house to deliver the desserts. Why would Joss think Nina is there to see Wiley?

Apparently Wiley was sleeping at the main house so Michael and Willow could have the "night off."  Which seems like it happens every other night, but such is the life of a PC parent.

• LOL 3
35 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Apparently Wiley was sleeping at the main house so Michael and Willow could have the "night off." 

A normal 3-4  year old sleeps through most nights unless they're sick or there's another problem. I guess Wyle still hasn't recovered from the trauma of being ripped from Lucas and Brad if he's still waking up during the night.

So Joss goes all the way from Carly's house to the Quartermaines to read Wylie a story because the nanny is taking care of him for the night? Wylie's nanny must have the cushiest job since other people are always looking after Wylie during the times she's nominally on the clock.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Catching up on last week, I enjoyed Lucy interacting with Anna, Mac, and Felicia about this Dominique/Cody mess, and I liked hearing that Lucy called her daughter to appraise her of the situation, though I'm cranky the show seemed to again be locking Serena in place off-screen when a better soap would be using this story to reintroduce her.

Lucy also looked very pretty in her casual pink top/white pants look, and her running a flirty con on Victor Cassadine was fun.

Not fun?  Carly and Drew.  Their flirting was so cringe and the smooch so yuck.

ETA...Nicholas Chavez was also fantastic when Spencer found out about Nik and Esme.  I liked that the way Chavez played it, for all the bravado this character often shows, reminded us that Spencer's really still just a kid.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Catching up on last week, I enjoyed Lucy interacting with Anna, Mac, and Felicia about this Dominique/Cody mess, and I liked hearing that Lucy called her daughter to appraise her of the situation, though I'm cranky the show seemed to again be locking Serena in place off-screen when a better soap would be using this story to reintroduce her.

This show is so shitty, I am glad she isn't being brought on.  UO, I kind of hope that Serena lied about giving all of her money away. I want her to be generous, but as a life long philanthropist. Charities and other non profits can be very shady. 

15 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

This show is so shitty, I am glad she isn't being brought on.  UO, I kind of hope that Serena lied about giving all of her money away. I want her to be generous, but as a life long philanthropist. Charities and other non profits can be very shady. 

I figure that was only mentioned as a pp so she doesn’t have the inheritance anymore and won’t be seen as a jerk for not giving part of it to Cody, though technically he isn’t entitled to anything since Dominique left everything to Scott in her will. Her other disgruntled, grifter relatives were already a storyline back in the day. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I get your point about the writing, but I just hate the idea that a viable legacy character will be wasted, have her entire life off-screen.

And even the bits we're getting are incomplete - to your point, did she really give ALL her money away?  If she did, how is she supporting herself? - because they're not about her, they're about Cody's story.

• Applause 1
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

did she really give ALL her money away?  If she did, how is she supporting herself?

I don't think Serena literally gave every cent away; she gave away a big enough chunk that it's not worth trying to sue her for what's left. I'm sure she has enough for living expenses.

Drew has to rush over to Carly's house to check on her. Carly is daydreaming about Drew and sex, and then focuses on what poor Joss had to go through.  No concern for Ava herself, just how it affects them.These people are disgusting.

Joss, the point of Trina going to the gallery today is to take care of things at her job since Ava can't be there. Joss is once again breathtakingly self-centred.

Trina, shut up about Avery being lucky that she has Carly. She would be a lot better of without the Shebeast. And way to dismiss the role of the doctors and nurses and putting all the reason for Ava still being alive on Joss and Dex.

Spencer lost points with me for being ambivalent about Ava's attack. You don't have to like her (although I still find it unreasonable) but at least want her to live, and then nodding approvingly when Victor says to leave Ava to him.

20 minutes in and I'm disgusted with the episode from the anti-Ava sentiment from everyone except Train, Nina and Sonny. Even Brook Lynn only cares about Carly's happiness. And even Nik is blaming Ava for the situation.

"Take my car, the booster seat's already set up."  Do these people have children? You don't set up a booster seat, you just sit on it.

Unintentional irony Joss "I wish I could say the same about your boss" since Dex's real boss doesn't care about his commitments.

Fast forward through Drew and Carly acting like tweens and Joss with everyone and the episode got better.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think Serena literally gave every cent away; she gave away a big enough chunk that it's not worth trying to sue her for what's left. I'm sure she has enough for living expenses.

This can be easily retconned later as Taub/Stanton just having a shit ton of money left over. I'm not buying any of that offscreen nonsense no matter how it can be mitigated. Putting aside the fact that I am fairly certain there is no way Dominique could have bore Mac's child given the timeline.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

I’m a day late posting, but GO JOSS! kick that stupid husband-stealing b!tch to the curb. Show her who’s boss! 

I mean, this what I’m supposed to think right? That Joss is some hero, defending her mother’s honor or some such shit? That’s the narrative the MWTs are going for, right? Well guess what Frank et al..it isn’t working! If anything, it made me want to slap HER into next Wednesday. Or put her over my knee and give her a good spanking like the damn toddler she is. Man, if I ever, EVER spoke to an adult like that, no matter what that person did, I wouldn’t be sitting here typing this post. My parents would have crushed me! Just when I thought she couldn’t sink any lower, she proves me wrong. And of course if Carly found out, she’d applaud her darling daughter’s actions. Great role model….NOT!

speaking of role models, Anna you cannot possibly be serious telling Sonny that Spencer is lucky to have him as a role model. For what exactly? Granted, Sonny has been far more tolerable since he ditched Carly. But there’s nothing ‘noble’ or ‘honorable’ about him. Certainly nothing a teenaged boy should aspire to become. 

As others have said, there were a whole bunch of doctors and nurses on the property. Rather than moving Ava, which as Joss correctly pointed out,could do further harm, maybe one of them could have gone running back to the house to fetch one of the dozen or so medical professionals? But then, that would have made sense, and we mustn’t have that. 🙄

Man, Nik is still blaming Ava for Spencer finding out his father screwed Esme. Give it a rest already. Ava didn’t tell Spencer. She was yelling at YOU when your son walked in. She wasn’t even facing Spencer, so she couldn’t have done it out of spite or vindictiveness. And if Esme  hadn’t forced you to have six with her🙄, there wouldn’t have been anything for Spencer to find out! I just can’t with Nikolas. I really want Laura to come back and slap HIM into the next century!

I had a migraine when i started watching, and by the end of the show it was so much worse! 😫

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"Take my car, the booster seat's already set up."  Do these people have children? You don't set up a booster seat, you just sit on it.

Don't you have to install it somehow? That's how I took this.

They sure hand waved Trina's Title IX problems away. I guess better than not dealing with them at all. 

Does Elizabeth have any reason to hook Ava aside from her mental issues?

33 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Drew has to rush over to Carly's house to check on her.

Carly wasn't even there when Ava got hooked, and it's not as if Avery will be told all the gory details. Sonny could definitely have handled that on his own. What is there to check on? Ugh, Drew is such a doormat for Carly. It's not romantic, Show. It's pathetic. 

Of course Nik blames Ava for getting hooked. What an asshole.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That was my point, that the only crumbs of info we're getting are those that service the Cody plot - there can't be enough for him to sue for, etc.  I mean, do we even know why whales versus the many other environmental causes she could have thrown her back into?

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Take my car, the booster seat's already set up."  Do these people have children? You don't set up a booster seat, you just sit on it.

To me that was actually such a real life kind of thing to say between grandparents who shuttle kids but may not want to keep a booster seat in their car at all times.. (I am presuming they are using a high back booster which is basically "the car seat" as it is much safer than those things that look like little stools that people move from car to car. To be safest, it should be tethered .Carly had the "booster" in her car so it was just easier to take that car.  So I give Carly props for making sure Avery is in a proper safe booster seat.

Ugh BLQ why would give 2 shits about Drewfus and Carly? And is not like they have been dancing around each other like you and Chase FOREVER so why make it sound like something urgent. AND be careful who you bring into your family LOL!!!

Edited by Blackie
spelling and spacing
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I can't recall if they as much as kissed, let alone did the deed.  Anyone know?

I seem to recall sexytimes between Mac and Dominique with her in something resembling a native American costume?!?!? ( Short, animal skin looking thing) I just remember feeling embarrassed for the actress.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I don't have a problem with characters still hating Ava for the things she's done. What I have a problem with is how characters like Carly are considered saints even though their rap sheet is as long as I am tall. If Carly was at the hospital, there would be a vigil outside her door where everyone would be reminiscing about what a great person she is and praying in the chapel for her recovery. 

Instead we have Nikolas blaming Ava for getting stabbed, Carly and Joss making it about themselves, Victor basically threatening her life with Spencer nodding along. Are they never going to bring up Spencer's face being burned and that Phantom of the Opera schtick that they put us through. I sure as hell haven't forgotten. Someone should remind him that he had his face melted off too.

This whole thing with Ava is beating a dead horse. It has been years. Can we fucking move on already? 

How old is the girl who plays Avery? She looks like she's been 6 for a really long time.

Drew and Carly are barf bag worthy. 

I have no respect for Finn. This character is a real dumpster fire and I'm having a hard time understanding what the writers are doing with him. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 9

I’m #TeamAva partly because of MW, partly because I took a break from watching at the time she did her worst, mostly because Nick is a disgrace.

I was glad Trina was watching over her when he was in the room because I expected him to keep blaming her at her bedside.

Quite disappointed in Spencer too as it looked to me like he was manipulative in talking to Trina and hiding his approval of the Ava attack.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Drew and Carly are barf bag worthy. 

They really are.  There are couples I like and (mostly) couples I hate, but this is the only pairing that like actively icks me out.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

They really are.  There are couples I like and (mostly) couples I hate, but this is the only pairing that like actively icks me out.

Everything with Drew irks me. They should've created a new character, not sullied everything that Drew was to give us whatever this thing is. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 9

Trina took out her braids. Sad. 

Carly "Avery has a huge family who loves her,  including Ava." including? How about Starting with Ava? AVA IS AVERY'S MOTHER, CARLY. geeze marie.

I so badly want Joss + Dex to get it on so Cam can be free.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

Trina took out her braids. Sad. 

Carly "Avery has a huge family who loves her,  including Ava." including? How about Starting with Ava? AVA IS AVERY'S MOTHER, CARLY. geeze marie.

I so badly want Joss + Dex to get it on so Cam can be free.

I want them to break up as well but they’ll throw Cameron under the bus for them for sure. Either Joss is going to be emotionally cheating for months and Cam will be called jealous for no reason for pointing it out or they’ll go full throttle and have him do something to wrong Joss in some way so she can play the injured party. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Joss, the point of Trina going to the gallery today is to take care of things at her job since Ava can't be there. Joss is once again breathtakingly self-centred.

How is that self-centered? It was pretty obvious the only reason Trina wanted to go to the gallery was to tell Ava her good news. So, should Joss have let her go there given she knows full well Ava isn’t there and knowing Trina would want to know what happened to her friend?

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Spencer lost points with me for being ambivalent about Ava's attack. You don't have to like her (although I still find it unreasonable) but at least want her to live, and then nodding approvingly when Victor says to leave Ava to him.

I do agree about Spencer. While everyone is hating Nik, I think Spencer is pretty contemptible and didn’t feel a damn bit sorry for him when he found out about Nik and Esme. It is ridiculous he still hasn’t let go of what happened when Ava testified for Valentin. He acts like Ava has been plotting against him his whole life, but aside from that one thing she hasn’t. He expects everyone to just get over him stalking Ava and yet can’t let that go.

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

Ugh BLQ why would give 2 shits about Drewfus and Carly? And is not like they have been dancing around each other like you and Chase FOREVER so why make it sound like something urgent. AND be careful who you bring into your family LOL!!!

Probably because Drew is her family and she realizes that, contrary to popular opinion here, Drew is a good man. She wants him to be happy, and inexplicably, she likes Carly. Her whole point was that she and Chase danced around each other forever and she’s advising Drew not to waste the same amount of time.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't have a problem with characters still hating Ava for the things she's done. What I have a problem with is how characters like Carly are considered saints even though their rap sheet is as long as I am tall. If Carly was at the hospital, there would be a vigil outside her door where everyone would be reminiscing about what a great person she is and praying in the chapel for her recovery. 

Instead we have Nikolas blaming Ava for getting stabbed, Carly and Joss making it about themselves, Victor basically threatening her life with Spencer nodding along. Are they never going to bring up Spencer's face being burned and that Phantom of the Opera schtick that they put us through. I sure as hell haven't forgotten. Someone should remind him that he had his face melted off too.

As someone who really likes Ava, I actually thought the treatment of her injury was pretty well done and shows how far the character- and more importantly the writing for her - has come. Yeah, I could have done without Joss constantly mentioning her dislike of Ava, but Sonny and Carly weren’t dancing a jig about her getting attacked. They actually acknowledged that Ava was Avery’s mother (even if they did have to shoehorn that nauseating tongue bath from Trina to Carly) and that she was told on-screen about Ava and was appropriately sad (and I don’t care how much of a jerk Nik is being right now, I love that she calls him daddy Nikolas. I love how much it annoyed Sonny.) Ava’s friends Trina and Nina were worried and wanted to see her right away. It was much better than it could have been or would have been years ago.

32 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Everything with Drew irks me. They should've created a new character, not sullied everything that Drew was to give us whatever this thing is.

I loved BM’s Drew and still love Drew now. Don’t think he’s been sullied at all. Other than his relationship with Carly, I’m not sure what he’s done that’s sullied a character who - while I loved him - was paper thin anyway. I’d love a better romantic partner for him, but if it’s going to keep Sonny and Carly apart for the time being, I can deal with it.

• Applause 1
6 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Her whole point was that she and Chase danced around each other forever and she’s advising Drew not to waste the same amount of time

I know but Drewfus and Carly have only been flirty for 2 minutes, why start pushing already. Maybe Drew just wants to get laid, so what. BLQ was acting like he was going to let the love of his life get away if he didn't jump on it RIGHT NOW! I think Olivia is rubbing off on her.

• Love 2

They really squandered a decent intro of Cameron Mathison as Drew. The character is frankly still so elastic and such a blank slate that you can still fix him and do good things with him and CM, but just using him as "smiling Jason stand-in" with Carly, etc. is the worst possible option. And it's so demeaning since you know the instant they're able to hire Steve back (who should be verboten at this point) out CM will go.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

When Trina walked up to Ava’s room with Nikolas inside I legit thought she should stay away from the creep.  Shed’s Esme’s age  AND someone Spencer cares about, how can he resist? Creep.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I know but Drewfus and Carly have only been flirty for 2 minutes, why start pushing already. Maybe Drew just wants to get laid, so what. BLQ was acting like he was going to let the love of his life get away if he didn't jump on it RIGHT NOW! I think Olivia is rubbing off on her.

Drew and Carly might not have been dancing around each other for as long as BL and Chase, but it has been months. I think BL knows Drew is not the type who just wants to get laid, especially with someone he considers a friend. Plus, she and Chase just got together. She’s high on new love and wants that same happiness for her cousin.

17 minutes ago, jsbt said:

They really squandered a decent intro of Cameron Mathison as Drew. The character is frankly still so elastic and such a blank slate that you can still fix him and do good things with him and CM, but just using him as "smiling Jason stand-in" with Carly, etc. is the worst possible option. And it's so demeaning since you know the instant they're able to hire Steve back (who should be verboten at this point) out CM will go.

I’m not sure why that would be the assumption. CMat is a bigger name than SBu, plus he was hired before SBu was fired so obviously the show was fine with the idea of having Drew and Jason on the canvas together. Maybe Drew would end up “losing” Carly, but ultimately no big loss.