Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I enjoyed the Sonny/Kristina scenes and I am very grateful to finally see Sonny in scenes with someone that isn't gaslighting me. That is the way everyone should act about Sonny/Nina.

Today's show:

The explanation for Felicia and Anna in the gym that Felicia has to stay attractive because Mac is a hottie was good.

Blech on Cody telling Britt that two men are fighting over her. In truth, neither is fighting over her, although at least Spinelli is trying to keep her from Cody. Why are they making Cody so awful?

I was so hoping that Liesl would see through Cody. Obrecht, you've let me down.

Sam, if Britt is so cold and vicious, why did Jason care so much about her?

Drew to Carly:  "Nicely done."  Me: And that's why you are such a failure. Carly was a bitch for no reason. And considering that she's just lost a ton of money and the Metro Court, maybe don't antagonise the rich guy who could help you.

Drew is threatening Valentin about ELQ. What does Drew actually want? He seems to have even less of an idea what to do with ELQ than Michael does and he's certainly never shown working.

"As much as ELQ is a family business, the Qs -- they put business first."  As it should be dipstick or it goes under. Unfortunately they didn't put business first enough when they made uneducated, inexperienced Michael the CEO.

I don't think that Drew and Carly need an executive coach so much as they need a business consultant. "Mia get my five star recommendation."  Drew, this is the woman who gave you the advice that crashed your company. "I want to get back what I lost and more." "I want to go after what I want... no more Mr. Nice Guy."  You two really are losers.

They need to stop putting down Edward because he is the one who built ELQ, not Lila.

Sonny: "I know the owner and she wouldn't mind..."  Sonny, you are the owner.

Why doesn't Ava tell Scott everything under attorney/client privilege? Why isn't Valentin trying to get out from Victor's thumb? Questions, questions.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I was so hoping that Liesl would see through Cody. Obrecht, you've let me down.

It's sort of in character for the Liesl in love we're stuck with, alas. And given that Cody and Britt came together because of Society Setups, I can also see Liesl's unwarranted enthusiasm.

Shut up, Drew. You're an idiot and your business misfortunes are all on you. Same with you, Carly. Ugh, those two are the worst.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sam, if Britt is so cold and vicious, why did Jason care so much about her?

Does Sam actually know about this? I can't even remember. And what was that when she looked over at Drew and Carly? Drew can take a dive off a cliff. 

When Leisl first appeared and pulled the shit she pulled and was pathetic over Faison and jealous of Anna because of Anna, I wanted her gone. Now I just enjoy the hell out of her. Her interaction with Britt is always so awesome. I could watch an entire episode of back and forth between them.

I still hate Cody. So hard pass.

Why wasn't it Nikolas who went over the parapet?

Victor talking about basically kidnapping Charlotte away from Valentin and murdering Laura with all his British charm is funny and horrifying all at once. I just get a kick out of the character. It's nice when an actor knows their craft.

Sonny/Nina. Pass. What is wrong with all these couples? And it's not just them. They've been dragging Chase/BL, Sonny/Nina, Valentin/Anna for months now. Can we just get a move on on things or are we looking to implode the current couples to make room for the news ones or something. Are they worried our brains will go kaboom from couple overload. Writers, if you want to break up couples to make room for new ones, I have a list.

Nice, mature conversation between Dante and Sam. These kinds of convos tend to be rare on this show.

Nikolas found a way to hang on to Ava, I guess. I'm still hoping she'll stomp him on her way out.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why isn't Valentin trying to get out from Victor's thumb? Questions, question

he probably doesn't see an avenue where Charlotte doesn't get hurt. (and as right now Sheffield has it so that  Val can't even see Charlotte if he takes out Sheffield or anything like that - he might lose access to Charlotte permanently. So he has to do it this way)

12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"As much as ELQ is a family business, the Qs -- they put business first."  As it should be dipstick or it goes under. Unfortunately they didn't put business first enough when they made uneducated, inexperienced Michael the CEO.

like this is what is blowing my mind. This isn't... Edward pitting Ned, AJ, an Jason against each other, and stringing Tracey along. (all of which I might add, Edward in his later years regretted desperately). Ned made a business decision about the family business where Ned works and cares about and Michael and Drew do not. Considering none of them who were pro Aurora merger knew how to answer the question of "What do we do after Val is out," and they could even wrap their heads around the fact that this action would hurt said family business maybe it's a good think that Ned actually did that. 

like Carly is a deluded cow, in this so i don't care, but the fact that even when in one breath drew goes "I didn't see it and I should have." he doesn't acknowledge that, HE screwed up royally. Forget all the ilegal stuff (since the show did). WHY was he working with Michael? Michael doesn't work at ELQ. WHY not run point with this with NED? how did that never occur to him? Why instead of flipping off a "Well come back to me with an Offer." didn't he think of "Chairman of the Board?" WHY DID ELQ NEED A MEDIA PRESENCE?! like for God sakes. maybe if you could answer those questions Drew - you could finally figure out why Ned voted no. 

• Love 10
22 hours ago, ulkis said:

Please just send him off and have the actor return as Lucky or Dillon.

That I could get behind.  I’ve always liked this actor but this awful character they have him playing is actually making me like him less.

20 hours ago, Daisy said:

might be the one of 3-4 people who actually liked GV as Lucky

I liked him too.  Jacob Young was the worst lucky for me.  Way too intense and angry looking.  I wasn’t a fan of his when he was on AMC either.

22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think the writer (and maybe the EP?) gets extra bucks for introducing new characters.

That makes no sense to me so obviously it’s probably true.  As a fan I’d love to see more money put into writing better material for the characters I’m already invested in. I’d much rather see a recast of a legacy character over bringing in new randoms for me to keep track of.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nice, mature conversation between Dante and Sam. These kinds of convos tend to be rare on this show.

Yes first time I liked them. I have expected the phone call to be Lulu out of the coma.

Ava "Hold on Buckeroo, I'm not going anywhere" was funny. Like she was talking to a 4 year old, which basically she was

The idea of Scott's  "Better Call Saul" billboards made me laugh.

Edited by Blackie
fix weird double post
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
38 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nikolas found a way to hang on to Ava, I guess. I'm still hoping she'll stomp him on her way out.

Nah Ava & Nikolas will eventually get back together. If they wanted them permanently broken up they could of easily had Ava sign the divorce papers and be on her way. There’s a reason they kept them tied together by Nikolas being a witness to the parapet accident. The whole Esme affair was just a bad attempt at throwing angst at the couple. 

Edited by Gemini2989
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Drew and Carly come off so smug and insufferable in their scenes together. I actually think they’re going for fun and lighthearted with them but they can’t sell it to save their lives. 

• Love 14

"I don't know why Valentin would lie to me." Anna, have you met him?

Ava, don't let Nik "help" you. Stay married to him for the legal protection, but otherwise? You do you.

How Carly didn't turn to dust when she sneered that the Qs were always looking out for their own self-interests is beyond me. No matter how hard the show tries to tell me Carly and Drew are the injured parties in this dumb story, it's not going to work. 

• Applause 8
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How Carly didn't turn to dust when she sneered that the Qs were always looking out for their own self-interests is beyond me. No matter how hard the show tries to tell me Carly and Drew are the injured parties in this dumb story, it's not going to work. 

Yeah, "Rich woman who wants to get richer and loses her shirt on a bad investment" doesn't exactly scream "oh, you poor thing."

Also, laughing FOREVER at Miss "As Long As Me and Mine Get Ours" bitching about anyone else being self-interested.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, Daisy said:

honestly, that shouldn't really matter.  I remember with AMC that they worked with the Bianca actress (Eden Riegel) so they could bring her back when she felt she could spare time, but it got to the point where the writers said we need Bianca in PV, ER said no, so they recasted her so they could continue to tell the stories.

i might be the one of 3-4 people who actually liked GV as Lucky (and i miss his lucky) but either way - lucky is needed in PC. his sister is in a coma his mom had threats on her life, his kids need him, his ex wife and friend is having issues...like they are making him into a deadbeat which is something Lucky never wanted to be. i'd rather that be rectified vs. cranky people who don't like the new person playing him.

Really?!  I had no idea GV wasn't popular as Lucky.  He's my favorite Lucky by far.  And LuSam were HOT.  Like, unbelievably so.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, CeChase said:

Really?!  I had no idea GV wasn't popular as Lucky.  He's my favorite Lucky by far.  And LuSam were HOT.  Like, unbelievably so.

Most people preferred JJ - which is fair. because  GV's lucky wasn't "Luke Spencer's so" but for me- it just felt that this was someoe who grew up want wanted stability vs. cons which made a right trajectory in my eyes. he was always my favourite Lucky.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I just remember people on the boards calling his version of Lucky Larry because he was pretty much playing a different character. I thought GV was hot but his acting wasn’t the best and you could tell that the writers didn’t think much of him or the character. 

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I just remember people on the boards calling his version of Lucky Larry because he was pretty much playing a different character. I thought GV was hot but his acting wasn’t the best and you could tell that the writers didn’t think much of him or the character. 

For me, Greg's Lucky was dumbed down so , so much. Gone was the smart kid, who grew up to be a smart teen, and was tech savvy to boot. Greg's Lucky was all brawn, and no brain.

And hate him, loathe him (as I now do), but Jason and JJ's Lucky were friends. So when Yeller McYellerson was cast, all of a sudden they were enemies. And like I was supposed to buy that shorty being able to get one over the 'roided Jason. PUHLEAZE. The hate continued with Greg's Lucky.

But when JJ came back (albeit for the year for reasons more suited in the media thread), I got my smart Lucky back. The Lucky who had connections with everyone. Just as there are actors who play a certain character no one else can (Raymond Burr IS Perry Mason), JJ IS Lucky. For me anyway.

43 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That reminds me of when Sam lived in that apartment with the ginormous hot tub on the balcony, lol.

That's hot but!😝

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

See, I keep thinking that Josh could play THAT GV version of Lucky Larry quite well.

Or, again, he could have been Dillon. There was a lot of ways you could have gone with Dillon especially because the last one was so dull and wooden and the only good Dillon was a teenager.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

That makes no sense to me so obviously it’s probably true.  As a fan I’d love to see more money put into writing better material for the characters I’m already invested in. I’d much rather see a recast of a legacy character over bringing in new randoms for me to keep track of.

I was under the impression that they like to introduce new characters because it gets them out of having to pay royalties to the writers that created already established characters. So, for example, if they brought back Lucky Spencer, they would have to pay royalties to the estate of Claire Labine, who created him. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 5

OMG, Drew commending Carly for her ~dig at Valentin.  As if her version of "the jerk store called and they're out of you" comment fazed him in the least.  Those two really think far too highly of themselves.  Not to mention, Drew didn't know Edward, so the whole "soulless" thing?  Stay in your lane, you doormat. 

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

OMG, Drew commending Carly for her ~dig at Valentin.  As if her version of "the jerk store called and they're out of you" comment fazed him in the least.  Those two really think far too highly of themselves.  Not to mention, Drew didn't know Edward, so the whole "soulless" thing?  Stay in your lane, you doormat. 

what drives me nuts is that Drew keeps going he doesn't care able ELQ, and only felt that the merger would help him be "part of the family" - mostly because he could control it because Aurora would have a bigger say. and now he's going on and on about being betrayed by Ned, when Drew picks and choses when he wants to be a Q. 

I just love how the "villain" of this story is the one who has worked for the company the longest, the one who works at the company currently and the one who does't only remember he's a Q when he's pissed off at people.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I saw someone call him Drewfus, which made me cackle for a solid minute.

True and inspired words. A+

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But when JJ came back (albeit for the year for reasons more suited in the media thread), I got my smart Lucky back. The Lucky who had connections with everyone. Just as there are actors who play a certain character no one else can (Raymond Burr IS Perry Mason), JJ IS Lucky. For me anyway.

That's hot but!😝

I agree with all your thoughts on why GV (who was likable enough) wasn’t really Lucky. But if JJ is unwilling to come back I am ok with them recasting, even tho he always will be the best Lucky for me. I would prefer that to the character being a deadbeat dad who might as well just be dead. As long as they choose a smart actor over a beefcake type which both JY and GV were then. 

But are we sure JJ wouldn’t come back? I don’t think FV has much interest in him and I know he’s moved to Ireland at least part time but I would rather he be given the option first. It kills me that they managed to get him back and instead of giving us a grown up Liz/Lucky romance we got the awful whose the daddy storyline and sort of dead Jake instead. 

Edited by racked
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, tessaray said:

Two thumbs up for the director who filmed that car scene alongside a dumpster. It's nice to know someone on the show has a sense of humor. 

The Sonny and Krissie scenes were also good. You could really feel a genuine affection between MB and LA. But does that mean Phyllis is gone?

Phyllis I think owns the bar doesn’t she? So Kristina would help manage it I think

As for why we don’t see Kristina more, isn’t the actress really busy with other work?

• Love 1

Okay, so we got an important update, Serena Baldwin is back on US soil.  Why again weren't we watching her be banned from Denmark instead of most of we're subjected to?

I guess we didn't see Carly's meeting with Cameron Mathison's wife because she would have had to explain that all her success came from the men she married and, often, criminal activity?

The writers have already made Cody so unlikable, now they have him punching Scotty?  I'd say poor Josh Kelly, but it's his own fault he's here.

Shut up, Drew.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
On 8/8/2022 at 1:04 PM, perkie1968 said:

Also, does one just pick up the phone and call the NSA?

cody:  Hello, NSA?  There's a guy in upstate New York, a place called Port charles and he's stealing people's information to create an algorithm for a dating service.  Me?  I fly into rooftop pools, harrass women and live with a horse.  Hello?  Hello?  

No, but he could squeal to the FBI.  Stealing that kind of information through the net is a fairly serious federal crime.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DanaK said:

Phyllis I think owns the bar doesn’t she? So Kristina would help manage it I think

Sonny said that Phyllis promoted Kristina to manager. And we haven't seen her much lately. I was just wondering if she was out for other projects or being written off.

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

For me, Greg's Lucky was dumbed down so , so much. Gone was the smart kid, who grew up to be a smart teen, and was tech savvy to boot. Greg's Lucky was all brawn, and no brain.

Also, as others have pointed out, JJ looked like Luke and Laura's son. The writers knew it too.  I remember Skye telling Luke that GV's Lucky "doesn't favor you at all."

12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The Lucky who had connections with everyone. Just as there are actors who play a certain character no one else can (Raymond Burr IS Perry Mason),

ITA agree, particularly about Burr/Mason, that's why the HBO reboot was so odious IMO. However, one of the good things the GH writers are doing these days is cast integration, we're seeing more characters that don't normally interact in scenes together, like Ava and Willow or Sam and Maxie today.  It's a good thing.

8 hours ago, racked said:

But are we sure JJ wouldn’t come back? I don’t think FV has much interest in him and I know he’s moved to Ireland at least part time but I would rather he be given the option first.

The general consensus is that JJ isn't ever coming back, which is tragic. And it requires such suspension of disbelief for us fans. Sister in a coma? No Lucky. Dad dies? Lucky's nowhere to be seen at the Funeral. A creative writing team would have brought the character back - even with a different actor - as the new head of the WSB and have him take on Victor. That would honor his parents' love of adventure. Sadly, that ain't the show we got, folks.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That reminds me of when Sam lived in that apartment with the ginormous hot tub on the balcony, lol.

Leading to the best ever typo on TWOP GH board, the infamous 'Lucky and Sam had sex in the hot but' 😆

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I think Cody Bell may be related to Catherine Bell.  Maybe he is Scott's son?

I was thinking the same, that maybe Cody is Scott's son, which... How many connections do new characters have to have? We already have to endure his forced reminisces of camp with Dante. Now we have the unknown son returning with a giant chip on his shoulder? I CANNOT.

12 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I saw someone call him Drewfus

*chef's kiss* I am going to call him this going forward.

• Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I was thinking the same, that maybe Cody is Scott's son, which... How many connections do new characters have to have? We already have to endure his forced reminisces of camp with Dante. Now we have the unknown son returning with a giant chip on his shoulder? I CANNOT.

They wanna give him connections? Fine. But they keep foisting all these sons on Scott. Logan, Franco, now possibly Cody?

The only upside is that Scott's sons all end up dead eventually, so there's hope that Cody will meet his maker if he doesn't skip town before. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Scott : sons :: Michael : girlfriends.

Maxie : boyfriends, which leads us to a philosophical question - if Michael and Maxie got together*, which of them would fall under a crane first?

*I tried to remember if they're blood-related, and it gave me a headache.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Maxie : boyfriends, which leads us to a philosophical question - if Michael and Maxie got together*, which of them would fall under a crane first?

*I tried to remember if they're blood-related, and it gave me a headache.

I think they were kinda related by marriage at one time. Bobbie was married to Tony, who was Maxie's uncle.

* I can't remember if Carly was ever married to Tony.

15 hours ago, ulkis said:

Yes. He's been asked, he doesn't want to.

I’ve heard the opposite on other boards. Either way, his continued absence is glaring. But Frank has no real interest in the Spencer’s so not surprised. 

Spinelli acting like a jackass at the nail parlour. DO Not Care. Maxie bought the Britt lie. apparently they are all "Britt is Cold and Bitter." again. Like shut up. 

Scott's nose is broken.  Bearded Wonder thinks he's Ali with his LET'S GO! LET'S GO! (because beating up a sixty year old is so macho) Lisel knees bearded wonder in the groin, and then twists his arm. Lisel. I love youAnd then the show goes there and Scotty is Bearded Wonder's dad. Britt goes. WHOA. I go. "of course he is." Scotty has Sonny Sperm apparently.  whoa. okay. Cody's Mom is Dominique Stanton. (so not Scotty's kid, but Serena's brother). But i mean. holy moses, why go there? Cody "I want my fair share." Scott "you'll get nothing." Cody "I'll make it on my own." (well that lasted like 3 seconds). 

Nik is bullying Ava. Ava doesn't care, she'd rather be in jail. LOL  Alexis goes not all Cassadines are bad. "Exception, meet Rule"  Ava splits, Sheffield shows up. 

Spencer is saying that all of this is crap because he went back to prison.. Dante is like "yah but you can't do that in pentonville." Again - I'm not saying that Spencer should get off for escaping. etc - but he went back.  If i were the  Law Enforcement here, I'd be again be focusing on the fact that there were people being able to be bribed to let people escape. not the person who escaped. (and I know i like Spencer, but even if this was Michael, as much as I hate him, I'd say the same thing). 

Cam sent food for Spencer. Dante is all "come on eat, etc." Martin is working with Robert to try to get Spencer out. (here's a thing can't Robert just be "I'm not charging him?"). Spencer is like i don't care. I did the crime, I'll do the time. i'll take the consequences.  (Okay apparently Spencer can get out if he spills the tea about who let him out and he'll feel like a rat for spilling. but he's contemplating it). 

Anna wants info from Col Tad. Anna was super-spy with Tad. He was charmed but he wants to go see Lucy. Anna wants Martin to spill the tea about Valentin. And Anna for god sakes. get over it. Just flat out tell Val she doesn't trust him, and spill his tea - or don't be with him. this is dumbo.

Nina and Sonny are being schmoopy. Nina is all gooey from Sonny's kisses. I'll allow it. they are going to have a date.  She meets up with Ava. they spill the tea.

Val has no time for Drewfus. Drewfus goes "I'm not asking you." oh look. he's trying to be a tough boy today. Drewfus is trying to make a play. how things can be better for the both of them. Val has a "wtf" loo on his face. LMAO. Drewfus basically is all "why don't I take ELQ  off your hands and I can eliminate one less Cassadine for you." Annnddddd... Val is now intrigued.(sigh). and the thing is... I don't want this to work because Drewfus will use it to screw Ned. Anyway, Val doesn't buy it and Val tells Drewfus to stay away from Sheffield before he is seen as a threat. (again). 

• Love 6

When Dante referred to Martin as Spencer's great-uncle, I went huh? I'd forgotten how much work Martin can get via people he is related to.  Also Dante is Spencer's cousin.

Britt has been nothing but kind to Maxie so her anti-Britt screed  left a bad taste in my mouth.

Drew continues to be unbearably Drewfuss. Anna is joining him. Is this the best an ex WSB agent can do? I did like Valentin warning Drew about Victor though which is more than Drew deserves. Drew would do better to team up with Valentin rather than Carly.

What is the point of making Cody Serena;s son? Him wanting Dominque's money at this point must makes me hate him more.

This was a disappointing episode. I kept waiting for something enjoyable but only the few moments with Nina and Ava  and Obrecht kneeing Cody was it.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Cody is Dominique's son, whom she essentially foisted on her family who then stole from him?

Seriously, writers, go outside. Touch grass. Dominique would never have left her child behind. Nothing is sacred.

The rest was a blur. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Seriously, writers, go outside. Touch grass. Dominique would never have left her child behind. Nothing is sacred.

they should be smacked. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Cody is Dominique's son, whom she essentially foisted on her family who then stole from him?

Foisted on the staff who raised him, and sent him to Dante's summer camp. (Why?)

Cody expecting Scott to have withheld money from Serena for a Dominique son that he didn't know existed is unbearably stupid. None of this makes any sense and Cody is already unpleasant enough.

Cody is like Drew and Michael -- big plans for buying a ranch like Drew and Michael have for ELQ but no actual plan on how to save for or manage it. It's all 'pie in the sky'.

One good line: Valentin telling Drew that his definition of family is very American.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Spinelli acting like a jackass at the nail parlour.

Of course it was overplayed, but I remember my first pedicure, and when they used the callous file on the soles of my feet, it was all I could do not to jerk my foot away or burst out laughing, so that part was real to me. Heh.

31 minutes ago, Daisy said:

holy moses, why go there?

This show never met a connection it couldn't tie to someone. UGH.

33 minutes ago, Daisy said:

If i were the  Law Enforcement here, I'd be again be focusing on the fact that there were people being able to be bribed to let people escape. not the person who escaped.

Why not both? Wasn't Spencer sent to baby prison with the understanding that if he did broke the law again it was Pentonville next? Actions have consequences. Give him a shorter sentence, put him in protective custody, or whatever, but he broke the law. 

5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Cody expecting Scott to have withheld money from Serena for a Dominique son that he didn't know existed is unbearably stupid.

TFGH. The show always does this sort of idiocy.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Dominique would never have left her child behind. Nothing is sacred.

I am so angry. I loved Dominique and her love story with Scotty.  This is just another example of how these shit writers are just pulling crap out of the clouds with no regard for the past or the history between characters.  Like, they are not writing for one of these new shows that have like eight stupid episodes…. this is a show that’s been running for 50+ years!  Like I said yesterday I would so much rather time and energy be put into current characters rather than continue to introduce new ones and then try and make some sort of tenuous connection to those already on the canvass.  I hate Cody even more now.

• Applause 4
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why not both? Wasn't Spencer sent to baby prison with the understanding that if he did broke the law again it was Pentonville next? Actions have consequences. Give him a shorter sentence, put him in protective custody, or whatever, but he broke the law. 

it should be both - but (basically until Spencer said it as a throw away line) i was just flabbergasted that the PCPD/ADA office wasn't more focused on HOW he got out, just that he had

22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Cody expecting Scott to have withheld money from Serena for a Dominique son that he didn't know existed is unbearably stupid. None of this makes any sense and Cody is already unpleasant enough.

LOL right? like how dare you not save money for me, even though you didn't know i existed.

• Love 2

Drewfus, you take care of Scout because she's a child. Valentin is an adult and doesn't need Victor to take him to the Ice Capades. The parent-child relationship changes and evolves as both parties get older. Telling Valentin what Victor didn't do for him when he was a kid is irrelevant. Make your point with Victor's current behavior. God, he can't even threaten someone effectively.

"I'm not trying to intimidate you. That's not an easy task." Because Drewfus is an idiot who thinks he knows all.

Martin, I don't think you married your three wives at gunpoint, so shut up about how awful they are. Ugh, this show. They could have just had Martin paying three alimonies be the issue, but no, they had to add a big heaping dose of misogyny along with it.

I don't quite understand why Spencer is suddenly having a crisis of conscience about the person/people who helped him leave Shady Brook. Again: consequences! They go both ways.

Edited by dubbel zout
"a healing dose of misogyny" is so wrong!
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, racked said:

I’ve heard the opposite on other boards. Either way, his continued absence is glaring. But Frank has no real interest in the Spencer’s so not surprised. 

JJ was on Burton's podcast and they talked about SB asking JJ to come on for months, to do something with GF, and JJ just said "maybe, that would be cool" in a non-commital "nah but I'll say maybe" tone lol, imo.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Martin, I don't think you married your three wives at gunpoint, so shut up about how awful they are. Ugh, this show. They could have just had Martin paying three alimonies be the issue, but no, they had to add a big healing dose of misogyny along with it.

well no, he didn't marry his wivves at gun point but that doesn't automatically mean he has to like them and that they aren't awful. I don't see how that is misogynic at all. a lot of people hate their ex spouse. for the reasons that Martin spouted (on both sides). 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Daisy said:

but (basically until Spencer said it as a throw away line) i was just flabbergasted that the PCPD/ADA office wasn't more focused on HOW he got out, just that he had.

Well because cops and prosecutors don't really care how, but that the prisoners did escape. The how is only of interest when there's a made for teevee movie when it's someone dangerous.

Plus, this is the PCPD and inept DA's office of the same key stone city.