Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

nd look at Carly and Sonny strolling into the not!Q mansion like they own the place.

Ahead of Willow which I thought was weird since she is sort of the guest of honour, you would think you would let her go first

I liked the Willow/ Chase montage, so much pretty, so much sweetness, maybe not the same amount of fun and adventure but I almost got a little tingle of how I felt about Frisco and Felica way back when.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

To think we called Dillon a jar of mayonnaise. Michael is an undercooked chicken breast.

Maybe it's only absence making the heart grow fonder, but at least RPW's Dillon attacked a love scene with reasonable enthusiasm. I just looked, and there are actually some GH clips with him that have the YouTube viewer discretion warning. Michael's romances mostly consist of conversations in restaurants and coffee shops. A big break in routine for him is wearing exercise clothes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

look at Carly and Sonny strolling into the not!Q mansion like they own the place.

And that's another place where the show COULD have done something interesting and added some conflict to the Michael/Willow marriage but didnt. She specifically made it a condition of the adoption that Lucas/Brad keep Julian out of Wiley's life because of his mob connections. (she did later relent). 

So why didn't they make her anxious about Michael's Corinthos family in the middle of a brewing mob war?

I would absolutely love it if she got up during that custody trial and announced that Carly and Sonny wouldn't have a place in Wiley's life, but of course, that won't happen.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

And that's another place where the show COULD have done something interesting and added some conflict to the Michael/Willow marriage but didnt. She specifically made it a condition of the adoption that Lucas/Brad keep Julian out of Wiley's life because of his mob connections. (she did later relent). 

So why didn't they make her anxious about Michael's Corinthos family in the middle of a brewing mob war?

I would absolutely love it if she got up during that custody trial and announced that Carly and Sonny wouldn't have a place in Wiley's life, but of course, that won't happen.

I hadn't thought about it, but that actually would really be interesting.  They're framing this as the only way Michael can get custody is to marry Willow.  Far-fetched, but if we suspend belief and go with it, Willow now has a lot of power.  She could tell Michael that she won't help him get custody of Wiley unless Sonny and Carly are allowed no access.  They can talk to him on the phone on his birthday and Christmas and that's it.  Michael then has to decide if custody or his parents are more important.  He chooses Wiley.  Carly goes full-on Carly.  Declares war on Willow.  She's totally unprepared for this, but rises to the challenge, fighting but nothing underhanded, we need at least one good guy on this show.  Sonny gets sick of the whole thing and decides the best course of action is to have Willow taken out.  He assigns Jason the job, but Jason refuses (I don't think that would be out of character, Jason doesn't usually kill complete innocents) and warns Michael (he has always felt like a father to him, so again, I don't think it's out of character).  Michael remembers how he was momentarily mad at Sonny for killing AJ, it all comes back, and the family all chooses up sides.  

• Love 10
(edited)
31 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

brewing mob war?

The mayor was shot, warehouse blown up, and a daytime shooting in a new york city bar pass for 'brewing' with Sonny's gummy-bear mobdom.

Love Chase - especially when just sporting those sweatpants - but enough with calling Nelle - 'Janelle'.  TIA.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 2

If Nelle tries to blackmail Julian into doing her bidding, why doesn't he just tell her to jump off a cliff?  It's her word against his.  As distrustful as Julian is in Port Charles, Nelle's level of distrust is worse.  Even if Nelle mentions overhearing Brook Lynn threatening to expose Julian, does anyone really think BL would throw Julian under the bus to corroborate Nelle's story?  That's why this story line is really bad and getting worse by the minute.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, BlueMax said:

If Nelle tries to blackmail Julian into doing her bidding, why doesn't he just tell her to jump off a cliff?  It's her word against his.  As distrustful as Julian is in Port Charles, Nelle's level of distrust is worse.  Even if Nelle mentions overhearing Brook Lynn threatening to expose Julian, does anyone really think BL would throw Julian under the bus to corroborate Nelle's story?  That's why this story line is really bad and getting worse by the minute.

I think it’s just a poor setup to give the other side a reason to look into why Julian is helping Nelle and finding out about his secrets. One would think he would want to stay off Sonny’s radar right now, not publicly make himself their enemy. That and Nelle needs some people on her side and the show seems to like Valentin much more than Julian these days so Julian is the one getting blackmailed. Valentin would have been the better choice for shady guy to team up with since the Nina’s daughter reveal is looming and she could have easily found out that he’s planning to take over ELQ since she sold her shares to him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

As far as the wedding, I cringe every time I see Monica being warm and friendly to the man (Sonny) who killed one of her sons in cold blood.

Monica slobbers over her hit man son, Jason, so is it really that surprising? She's probably afraid Sonny will forbid Michael to see any Qs and withhold access to Riley. 

And what @TeeVee329 wrote.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Monica slobbers over her hit man son, Jason, so is it really that surprising? She's probably afraid Sonny will forbid Michael to see any Qs and withhold access to Riley. 

And what @TeeVee329 wrote.

Jason is her adopted son, so it is understandable. I am sort of afraid what would happen if Jason and Sonny addressed the fact that Sonny straight up murdered AJ while AJ was in midst of finding out who killed Kate, considering how the show likes to hand wave crimes, even if the crime happened to a relative. They more or less dismissed AJ being murdered. 

• Love 2

Does everyone know that this is a marriage of convenience? Lucy may not, which is why she's "kiss the bride". Although since she's close to Sasha, she should know that it's a fake.

5 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

THIS.  We know that the Corinthii will always win but at least make an effort, writers.

Although Willow is coming off as so desperate to get unlimited access to Wylie that she will swallow anything.

14 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

He lost the moral high ground? To the woman who tried to burn him alive and isn't sorry for it? He lost the moral high ground to her? Why because he knew his mother locked her on the roof so his son could get surgery to improve his quality of life? For all the talk of Michael being too "white bread" and how he's too perfect somehow it's an issue that he legitimately loathes the woman who tried to murder him.

Yes, when he feels that it's okay for his mother to not just forge her signature but possibly cause Nelle's death because she asked for more information about the surgery he's no better than Nelle is.There are people that I loathe but I have to work with them. Then again, I'm not a mob apologist.

The writers were clever when they made the surgery elective because it gives wiggle room for the storyline when they choose to use it.

It reminds me of an old ER plot. Benson's child was born deaf and then he was given the opportunity of a cochlear implant. One parent wanted the surgery because it would give the child a better quality of life, the other was vehemently opposed to it. Didn't give Benson the right to lock his ex on the roof and forge her signature to get what he wanted.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Although Willow is coming off as so desperate to get unlimited access to Wylie that she will swallow anything.

People keep talking about Willow's obsession with Wiley and I'm not seeing it. She thought he was her son and that love for him didn't switch off when she found out he wasn't. She wants the best life for him, yet despite that she didn't jump at the chance to marry Michael. Chase and Sasha had to come up with a plot to get her to do it.

44 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yes, when he feels that it's okay for his mother to not just forge her signature but possibly cause Nelle's death because she asked for more information about the surgery he's no better than Nelle is.There are people that I loathe but I have to work with them. Then again, I'm not a mob apologist.

The writers were clever when they made the surgery elective because it gives wiggle room for the storyline when they choose to use it.

There's a difference between a cochlear implant - something that can help but isn't truly needed - and the type of surgery Wiley needed.

I'm not a mob apologist either, but I certainly wouldn't shed any tears if someone locked the person who tried to murder me on a roof, especially if I thought my kid's well-being was at stake. Michael didn't put his mother up to it and didn't know about it beforehand. Him not caring that it happened does not put him on the same level as Nelle, who would have thrown someone off the roof if she thought it served her purposes and then acted like that person was to blame and she was the actual victim. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

People keep talking about Willow's obsession with Wiley and I'm not seeing it. She thought he was her son and that love for him didn't switch off when she found out he wasn't. She wants the best life for him, yet despite that she didn't jump at the chance to marry Michael. Chase and Sasha had to come up with a plot to get her to do it.

There's a difference between a cochlear implant - something that can help but isn't truly needed - and the type of surgery Wiley needed.

I'm not a mob apologist either, but I certainly wouldn't shed any tears if someone locked the person who tried to murder me on a roof, especially if I thought my kid's well-being was at stake. Michael didn't put his mother up to it and didn't know about it beforehand. Him not caring that it happened does not put him on the same level as Nelle, who would have thrown someone off the roof if she thought it served her purposes and then acted like that person was to blame and she was the actual victim. 

Wiley might have needed the surgery, an argument can be made that the better option not just for Nelle but Wiley was to wait a few days, maybe source out the best child cardiac surgeon since this was an invasive surgery. These people didn't even wait a few hours, they wanted what they wanted and to hell with everyone else.  

The best case scerino for Wiley is for Nelle to die and to discover that Michael isn't the kid's father, with the baby being returned to Lucas. But that isn't going to happen, so what I would like to see for Michael and Nelle to be forced to share custody, for neither of them to win and for Carly, Bobbie and Monica to face consequences.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Wiley might have needed the surgery, an argument can be made that the better option not just for Nelle but Wiley was to wait a few days, maybe source out the best child cardiac surgeon since this was an invasive surgery. These people didn't even wait a few hours, they wanted what they wanted and to hell with everyone else.  

The best case scerino for Wiley is for Nelle to die and to discover that Michael isn't the kid's father, with the baby being returned to Lucas. But that isn't going to happen, so what I would like to see for Michael and Nelle to be forced to share custody, for neither of them to win and for Carly, Bobbie and Monica to face consequences.

They certainly could have waited a little bit, but nothing negative happened to Wiley after he had the surgery. It wasn't about "wanting what they wanted." It's not like any of them were sitting around hoping for Wiley to need surgery. 

I'm fine with your best case scenario, but I don't want Nelle to have custody at all. I'd be fine with Carly facing consequence, but that's never going to happen.

• Love 1

Olivia is still annoyed that Lulu is seeing Dustin? Ugh. So tiresome. Lulu and Dante are divorced, at his instigation. Lulu can see whomever she chooses. STFU, Olivia. And of course Carly has to butt in where she has no business whatsoever, as usual. News flash, Carly: Olivia is the only one who should be managing Olivia's emotions.

LOL at Michael's buyer's remorse about the marriage. Now you're wondering about the price Willow is paying?

Sorry, Brook Lynn, but Chase >>>>> Michael. At least Chase has a personality.

Willow seems awfully comfortable walking around the Q mansion wearing a negligee and shorty robe.

The Laura/Robert scenes were delightful.

I liked that Ava apologized for the kidnapping charges, and especially that Sonny was gracious about it. He's usually such a dick to her that this was a very welcome change.

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

They certainly could have waited a little bit, but nothing negative happened to Wiley after he had the surgery. It wasn't about "wanting what they wanted." It's not like any of them were sitting around hoping for Wiley to need surgery. 

I'm fine with your best case scenario, but I don't want Nelle to have custody at all. I'd be fine with Carly facing consequence, but that's never going to happen.

The surgery might have been necessary, but it could have waited. I do think it is wanting what they wanted. As I said, the surgery could have waited a few days. They didn't even have the actual surgeon explain the procedure to Nelle, only a biased Monica.  I also don't think it matters if Wiley turned out to be fine. What if there were complications? They do arise even after the initial surgery turn out to be a success. 

I have to say, as much as I feel for Willow, I hate Michael. He gets everything and he gets it without lifting a finger and by extension Carly gets everything. I want him to lose.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 8

Color me shocked that Sonny did not act smug at Ava after she apologized for having Mike thrown in jail after the whole episode with Avery.

Those scenes were actually really nice. The conversation between Ava and Sonny was nice. Mike looking happy with Avery was nice. Easily the best scenes of the day.

Now Olivia being trotted out to give Lulu and Dustin the stink-eye is stupid. It's been over a year. Lulu and Dante are divorced. Dante wouldn't have divorced her if he hadn't wanted her to move on. So have a tall glass of STFU, Olivia. And you too, BL. You're just annoying and stop jutting your jaw, you look weird. And wardrobe, stop putting her in boxy tops.

I dread the scene between Carly and Chase. Chase is a bagillion times better than Michael, Carly. Take your small victory and go away.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sorry, Brook Lynn, but Chase >>>>> Michael. At least Chase has a personality.

Willow seems awfully comfortable walking around the Q mansion wearing a negligee and shorty robe.

The Laura/Robert scenes were delightful.

There have been at least two times in the last couple of weeks where BL has extolled Mikey's virtues almost as if she has a romantic interest in him. Squicky.

The Robert/Laura scenes were fun. Can't remember if I've ever seen her display a sense of humor before. Although most of her S/Ls over the years haven't lent themselves to levity.

Willow is growing on me! Did anyone else notice that today she stole a page from NLG's book with the, ah, enthusiastic open-mouth kissing with Chase in the opening flash-back scene?

Re: Mike Corbin - I agree with many posters that this S/L has run its course. Almost seems like the writers aren't quite sure how to wrap it up.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Time is wonky on soaps and in real life March 2020 was the longest March in human history, but it's been two months since Taggert died. Lucas pronounced his death on March 2. It isn't ridiculous at all Trina would still be grieving her father. It's not just her father's death she has to deal with - there's the kidnapping and the way he died. She should be in counseling but that's apparently something parents in Port Charles don't send their kids to until their second kidnapping. 

That last line made me choke on my tea. Worth it! 😂😂

• Love 3

Sonny:  I need some time.  (Really? No one told you that Mike had Alzheimer's? Or the progress?  Stella?  Griffin? Liz?  Sonny, most of us want to stick around for our grandkids but that's not how life works.)

I HATE everything about that stupid marriage. I can't even watch Chase or Willow anymore.

Thank goodness for Robert/Laura and the Holly mystery plot.

3 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

They didn't even have the actual surgeon example the procedure to Nelle, only a biased Monica.

When Nelle asked for an explanation of the surgery and why Wylie needs it right now, Monica threw a bunch of journal articles at her. As if Nelle could understand them.  That there is enough for Monica to be chastised by the ethics review board.

1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Because Willow is more or less a realistic character, unlike the cartoons of Sonny, Carly, Jason, Ava etc., her inability to detach from Wylie sends up warning signs for me.  Most of her time with Chase was spent talking about Wylie and she even thanked Michael for the opportunity to be Wylie's mother now.

Ironically, both Willow and Nelle parallel each other in their actions -- hiding their child to protect him from his father. (Yes, Michael isn't Shiloh but there isn't a child yet that Sonny and Carly haven't ruined.)

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Ironically, both Willow and Nelle parallel each other in their actions -- hiding their child to protect him from his father. (Yes, Michael isn't Shiloh but there isn't a child yet that Sonny and Carly haven't ruined.)

I support Nelle and understand her actions, but I don't believe that protecting Wiley was her main concern, I think she was protecting herself and sticking it to Michael at the same time. She lucked out that Lucas is a really good guy and Brad, while a great many things, isn't someone that would mistreat a child and desperate to keep Lucas. 

For all the talk and worry about how the Qs would have taken Michael away from Carly and Jason, they actually never had this happen. Jason would have probably stayed with Susan Moore if she lived and BrookLynn grew up in NYC with Lois. It is the Cornithos that unapologetic will take another person's kid if they have a claim to the child (and in some cases, even if they don't) and get the person out of the kid's life. Even the Qs aren't that cold. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

. . . [Willow's] inability to detach from Wylie sends up warning signs for me.  Most of her time with Chase was spent talking about Wylie and she even thanked Michael for the opportunity to be Wylie's mother now.

Oh, I couldn't agree more. I would even say on a better written soap, Willow's unhealthy obsession w/Wiley would definitely be a "story." It would be an arc/plot b/c it is not healthy. She screams unstable to me.

Yes, she thought Wiley was her son, but he's not. That's the sad truth. Her son died. She has to accept that her son is dead. He did not live. The way she's written - it doesn't seem like she's tuly accepted her loss. Willow has essentially transferred all of her feelings for her dead son onto Wiley - much like she accused Brad of doing. Nothing she is doing w/this child is healthy or normal. She should be removing herself from his life, not using him as a replacement son.

Chase was right about her loving Wiley more than a life with him and children THEY could have had together. She is solely focused on Wiley b/c she’d rather remain in her delusion that Wiley is her son than accept her son’s death and start a new life without Wiley. It’s sick.

The Willow character is twisted and needs lots of therapy. Too bad GH doesn’t recognize how they’ve written her.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, lala2 said:

The way she's written - it doesn't seem like she's truly accepted her loss. 

I agree that Willow hasn't completely dealt with losing her son, and it's too bad the show hasn't made that explicit. And let's face it, this wedding is more for Michael than for Wiley; it's so MIchael looks good. If MIchael has any sort of custody, he'll let Willow see Wiley. They don't need to be married for that.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I support Nelle and understand her actions, but I don't believe that protecting Wiley was her main concern, I think she was protecting herself and sticking it to Michael at the same time. She lucked out that Lucas is a really good guy and Brad, while a great many things, isn't someone that would mistreat a child and desperate to keep Lucas.

Oh totally she was protecting herself and wanted to stick it to Michael.

But Brad was her best friend in Port Charles and she knew that he would take care of her son. Willow was only going by the backgrounds of Lucas and Brad. And pretty bad research it was since she concluded that Julian, who had left the mob to run his pub, was more dangerous than Aunt Carly, married to the biggest mob boss on the east coast, Godmother Sam, married to his enforcer, and mob offspring Godfather Michael.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I agree that Willow hasn't completely dealt with losing her son, and it's too bad the show hasn't made that explicit. And let's face it, this wedding is more for Michael than for Wiley; it's so MIchael looks good. If MIchael has any sort of custody, he'll let Willow see Wiley. They don't need to be married for that.

Nah, it's about Michael getting the woman he showed interest in early on, but Chase beat him to it.

I don't see Michael being heartbroken at all over what Sasha presumably did. He hasn't mentioned her name and he took her to the hospital because he is Michael and he's such a good guy.

Him going to see Mike to tell him he's married was the stupidest thing ever. It's been less than 24 hours and this moron has already forgotten that this marriage is one of convenience to help him retain full custody of his son. 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nah, it's about Michael getting the woman he showed interest in early on, but Chase beat him to it.

Yeah, he looked way too smug saying his vows--like he won first prize at the county fair over his arch-enemy.  It actually was creepy, given Willow looked like she was walking the Green Mile.

• Love 9

Mikey hasn't given Sasha a second thought. 

Sonny looked jealous when Mike was responding to Avery but then blew off his special mix tape.  

Lulu can do whatever she wants but why would she and Dustin think it's a good idea to sucker punch Olivia at work asking her to help make cupcakes so Rocco and Dustin can take them to Take Your Father To School Day. I mean, how obtuse are you? 

• Love 5

Michael gave Willow the Princess Di ring but did he go out and by a diamond wedding band too?

Did Willow have all her clothes shipped over to the Q's? And why would she come walking down the stairs just in the robe. That is a big house and I have never seen anyone walking around there in their pj's so you would think she would put something more covering on to go down and meet her husband she didn't really want to marry.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

The surgery might have been necessary, but it could have waited. I do think it is wanting what they wanted. As I said, the surgery could have waited a few days. They didn't even have the actual surgeon explain the procedure to Nelle, only a biased Monica.  I also don't think it matters if Wiley turned out to be fine. What if there were complications? They do arise even after the initial surgery turn out to be a success. 

I have to say, as much as I feel for Willow, I hate Michael. He gets everything and he gets it without lifting a finger and by extension Carly gets everything. I want him to lose.

You're right it probably could have waited, but I understand Michael and everyone else's anxiousness over it. You saying they just want what they want makes it sound like Wiley was just getting a nose job or something silly. It's not like everyone was overjoyed at the prospect of Wiley having surgery. And, I think it does matter if the surgery was a success. Complications could have arisen, and that could have happened whether they waited or not, but it hasn't. 

Michael doesn't get everything he wants - witness his string of dead girlfriends. I'm pretty sure it wasn't his desire to have his firstborn's mother be a psychopath. I hate Michael in most Corinthos-related scenes but am fine with him in most others. I'm okay with him losing now and then, but certainly not to Nelle.

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

When Nelle asked for an explanation of the surgery and why Wylie needs it right now, Monica threw a bunch of journal articles at her. As if Nelle could understand them.  That there is enough for Monica to be chastised by the ethics review board.

Because Willow is more or less a realistic character, unlike the cartoons of Sonny, Carly, Jason, Ava etc., her inability to detach from Wylie sends up warning signs for me.  Most of her time with Chase was spent talking about Wylie and she even thanked Michael for the opportunity to be Wylie's mother now.

Monica offered to get Nelle second opinions and Nelle wasn't interested, so no, she didn't just throw articles at her. 

Willow isn't detaching from Wiley because his father knows Wiley loves her and wants her in his life. Willow has barely had any scenes with Wiley since she found out he wasn't her kid. She's not outside the Q mansion with binoculars watching Wiley constantly.

Willow and Nelle's actions aren't really comparable. Willow had a legitimate concern and was worried about what Shiloh would do to the baby. While the Corinthos clan certainly aren't safe to be around that wasn't Nelle's concern. If Michael had been willing to forgive her for her numerous lies she would have happily married into that family (and almost did) and stayed with him. She only tossed her kid over to Brad like he was some sort of tradeable baseball card because she wanted to stick it to Carly (and Michael for seeing who she was and being done with her.) She wants to win over her no matter what. That's what the current custody case is about as well.

4 hours ago, lala2 said:

Oh, I couldn't agree more. I would even say on a better written soap, Willow's unhealthy obsession w/Wiley would definitely be a "story." It would be an arc/plot b/c it is not healthy. She screams unstable to me.

Yes, she thought Wiley was her son, but he's not. That's the sad truth. Her son died. She has to accept that her son is dead. He did not live. The way she's written - it doesn't seem like she's tuly accepted her loss. Willow has essentially transferred all of her feelings for her dead son onto Wiley - much like she accused Brad of doing. Nothing she is doing w/this child is healthy or normal. She should be removing herself from his life, not using him as a replacement son.

Chase was right about her loving Wiley more than a life with him and children THEY could have had together. She is solely focused on Wiley b/c she’d rather remain in her delusion that Wiley is her son than accept her son’s death and start a new life without Wiley. It’s sick.

The Willow character is twisted and needs lots of therapy. Too bad GH doesn’t recognize how they’ve written her.

They might not recognize it because they don't see it that way and I don't either. I don't think Willow is twisted at all. You're probably right she should be in therapy and deal with the death of her son, but it wouldn't change her feelings for Wiley. She loves him and sees what a toxic presence Nelle would be in his life and wants to protect him. There's nothing unhealthy about that. She's not delusional. She knows that WIley isn't her biological child, but that doesn't change her love for him. That's not sick. And, she was perfectly fine not marrying Michael. It was Sasha and Chase pushing her toward Michael that convinced her to help Michael. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Katelyn MacMullen has the acting chops to pull off a complex fall out from Wiley's reveal but they won't write anything meaningful for her. It will be all about the chosen one, dull as dishwater Michael. I'd actually be into the whole Michael/Willow MOC if it were decent writers and pretty much anyone else was playing Michael because then maybe it would run the course of full emotions and work out in a satisfying outcome for all characters involved but right now I just see a sloppy mess getting sloppier. 

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Monica offered to get Nelle second opinions and Nelle wasn't interested, so no, she didn't just throw articles at her. 

I would also add that Monica is considered to be one of the best cardiologist/cardiac surgeons in the country, so she is qualified in diagnosing Wiley's condition and his need for surgery. When she offered the names of other peers in her field, Nelle dismissed her  recommendations because apparently they would side with Monica's diagnosis.

(edited)
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

I would also add that Monica is considered to be one of the best cardiologist/cardiac surgeons in the country, so she is qualified in diagnosing Wiley's condition and his need for surgery. When she offered the names of other peers in her field, Nelle dismissed her  recommendations because apparently they would side with Monica's diagnosis.

Michael is the one person that Monica will completely cave to. Remember at AJ's funeral Monica allowed Sonny, the man that had terrorized AJ for the better of two decades, there because Michael requested it. Intellectually she might know that Wiley is better off with the surgery, coupled with her own dislike of Nelle, made her come across as very cold to Nelle. Monica has ever right to dislike Nelle, but in that moment antagonizing her wasn't the best course of action. Like I said, they should have gotten more neutral party like Portia and Liz to calm her down. And, oh yeah, waited a few days. Maybe even try to get an court for Wiley to have the surgery. Here is the thing: if I had a kid that needed heart surgery, I would want to wait a few days or even weeks if it is possible in order to get the best doctors and make sure they had enough time to prep for operating on a toddler's heart. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 6

yesterday's scenes with Mike, Ava and Avery were very well done. As was the Sonny/Ava discussion. It was refreshing to see Sonny act like a human being with Ava. But I'm fairly certain I was supposed to actually feel sorry for Sonny. I mean, I SHOULD feel sorry for him. His father is suffering from Alzheimer's. He didn't leave any instructions for end of life care, which means Sonny has to make that decision. I sure as hell wouldn't want to do that. And I empathize with his 'what if?' questions. "Who am I to make that decision for him? What if I make the wrong one? What if he doesn't want to die?" I even understand him getting angry/annoyed when he can't get through to Mike. My mom is still of sound mind but isn't quite as strong or independent as she used to be. *I* find myself frustrated with her questions because I feel like she should know the answers. It's hard watching your parent get older.

But here's the thing: Mo is such a God-awful actor that I just can't feel what I should. When he has to literally rub his eyes to squeeze out a single tear and even then can't project any other emotion with his voice or face, it's hard to be drawn in. Instead I just roll my eyes.

In other news, Michael definitely has feelings for Willow. I'll be surprised if he doesn't make a move on her by next week, unless we run out of new episodes by then. I can't blame him because she's certainly a step up from Sasha. But Willow most certainly doesn't feel the same way about him so it'll be interesting. I still want this whole marriage scam to blow up in their faces. Maybe the judge will decide that neither Michael nor Nelle is a fit parent and award custody to Lucas. Then they can move far away and be happy together. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I mean, how obtuse are you? 

It's Lulu, so...extremely obtuse.

On the other hand, I don't think it's wrong to give Olivia a head's up on this. Rocco might tell her about "special Uncle Dustin" being at school, and then she'd blow her top that she hadn't heard about it until this. To a certain extent, Lulu can't win, but she could certainly pick her moments more thoughtfully.

12 hours ago, Blackie said:

Michael gave Willow the Princess Di ring but did he go out and by a diamond wedding band too

I'm pretty sure there's a supply of rings somewhere in the Q mansion, heh.

10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't his desire to have his firstborn's mother be a psychopath.

I have no sympathy for Michael on this point. There are these things called condoms he could have used.

10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Because all the surgeons were friends of Monica's, and Nelle wasn't sure she'd get an unbiased opinion. That was a fair complaint, IMO.

33 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Maybe the judge will decide that neither Michael nor Nelle is a fit parent and award custody to Lucas.

I would love this to happen. It probably wouldn't be permanent, but at least it stops the inane competition between Michael and Nelle for a few seconds.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's Lulu, so...extremely obtuse.

For the daughter of Luke and Laura Spencer to be such a vague void is...very disappointing.  I did love Laura's advice to her, that being that Dante is Olivia's son so of course her "I'll never give up" attitude is far deeper and different than whatever Lulu feels about Dante.  Given the way she immediately claimed Charlotte as her own because they both had blonde hair, you'd think she'd get that, but again...obtuse.

I'm waiting for Diane to say in passing the judge would "look kindly" on Wiley having a sibling (since we're back in 1928 and all) and Michael to try and strong-arm Willow into getting pregnant. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'm actually wondering if Michael has been aware all along that that affair was a farce but has played along so he doesn't seem like scum marrying Willow when she is in love with Chase.

Oh I think you're giving him way more credit than he deserves. He's really not the sharpest knife in the drawer...

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'm actually wondering if Michael has been aware all along that that affair was a farce but has played along so he doesn't seem like scum marrying Willow when she is in love with Chase.

That would be nice, but then that would mean Michael (or any of this quad) did something slightly underhanded.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

That would be nice, but then that would mean Michael (or any of this quad) did something slightly underhanded.

But if it did come out and he looked like he did something underhanded, Carly and Sonny could blame it on his relation to AJ without a hint of irony.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Forgetting about sizes, I don’t believe BL would have that type of dress in her closet judging by her everyday preferences.

Color me shocked but I really liked the scenes between Ava and Sonny.  It kind of makes it worse that he (aka the writers) has it in him to be gracious,  but chooses not to.

• Love 6

I was never a Sasha/Michael fan and didn't pay attn to their relationship, but I did think Michael liked the girl! Boy was I wrong! I think it's a darn shame how little he cares about her. Their relationship must have meant nothing to him. I thought that during the break up scene when he didn't even chase after her or confront her about cheating on him, but it was definitely confirmed today.

This episode is on mute, but the way GH has shown the two characters speaks volumes. Michael is smiling and happy. He seriously couldn't care less about Sasha. She is not on his mind. The failure of their relationship means nothing to him. Contrast that w/Sasha. She is crying, can't concentrate on her work, and can barely function! What is that? She was clearly way more invested in the relationship than he was. Michael seems perfectly fine. You'd never know he had been in a serious relationship w/someone else that just ended. I hate seeing her all broken up over him when he feels nothing. He doesn't even slightly miss her or feel even a little bit bad. It's crazy.  Sasha doesn't know it but she dodged a bullet. 

And I know it's not popular, but I can't help but love Nelle. I love that she married someone. Why the heck not? Two can play the game of presenting the court w/a two-parent home. It won't work b/c she is destined to lose against the perfect, saintly Michael (🤮) but I love that she keeps it interesting! Without Nelle, Michael would be so boring. She is literally giving his character much needed life. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why is Carly thinking about Chase's feelings? What show am I watching?

Right? Like she would have even remembered him.

• LOL 5

Carly is thinking about Chase because he did something nice for one of Carly's four inner circle people. Then she goes and threatens Martin with Sonny so back to typical Carly.

I used to love Anna. But now with her delusions about Peter, I don't trust her to tell Robert if she finds something out from the WSB against Peter.

"Sasha, I want to care about your personal life. But not today." Go Maxie. That's the Maxie I want to see.

4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm waiting for Diane to say in passing the judge would "look kindly" on Wiley having a sibling (since we're back in 1928 and all) and Michael to try and strong-arm Willow into getting pregnant. 

LOL. And it would prove that Michael is the better man than Chase since he successfully impregnated Willow and he can look even more smug.

I rarely like Diane unless she's in a scene with Alexis because she is such a Corinthos mob brown-noser but today reached new heights. No amount of money for her Louboutons is worth selling your soul like that.

14 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Michael is the one person that Monica will completely cave to. Remember at AJ's funeral Monica allowed Sonny, the man that had terrorized AJ for the better of two decades, there because Michael requested it. Intellectually she might know that Wiley is better off with the surgery, coupled with her own dislike of Nelle, made her come across as very cold to Nelle. Monica has ever right to dislike Nelle, but in that moment antagonizing her wasn't the best course of action. Like I said, they should have gotten more neutral party like Portia and Liz to calm her down. And, oh yeah, waited a few days. Maybe even try to get an court for Wiley to have the surgery. Here is the thing: if I had a kid that needed heart surgery, I would want to wait a few days or even weeks if it is possible in order to get the best doctors and make sure they had enough time to prep for operating on a toddler's heart. 

Co-sign all of this. Team Michael told Nelle that she needed to sign the paper right away or all hell would rain down.  Nelle explained why she wanted more information especially since she is still suffering the effects of her own surgery.  No one showed her the pictures and long explanation that is SOP in this kind of situation. Nelle wanted a second opinion and not from one of Monica's friends because they would be biased.

I know that Nelle is a bad person but I'm not convinced that she doesn't care about her child. She deserves to have a few days to have the information and to think about an elective surgery on her toddler.

• Love 7

It is so damn satisfying that just when Carly/Michael/Willow/Diane thought they had served up a game-winning ace to close out this tennis match with Nelle, she lobbies the ball right back at them with absolutely no fear. I've never enjoyed Nelle more, honestly. She is the cockroach that refuses to be squashed under the heel of the almighty Corinthos, and despite her general unhinged tendencies,  the show has actually managed to make a case for her POV and her right to be in Wiley's life. And I'm willing to look past some of her awfulness just because her shenanigans are WAY more fun to watch than the endless angst train that everyone else in this story is riding. And not only was today's wedding reveal spectacular (can't wait to find out the groom's identity), but it can't even be used against her without the acknowledgment that Michael is guilty of the exact same stunt. Loving. It.

• Love 16
52 minutes ago, Linny said:

And not only was today's wedding reveal spectacular (can't wait to find out the groom's identity),

I love Chloe!  Loved that Nelle was pulling a grand entrance, including a wedding dress, bouquet and wedding ring.  I'm curious who we think is the groom.  No way would Julian let himself do that no matter what evidence Nelle allegedly had on him.  Not to mention Sonny would use that as the excuse to kill him.  

8 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Loved that Nelle was pulling a grand entrance, including a wedding dress, bouquet and wedding ring.  I'm curious who we think is the groom.  No way would Julian let himself do that no matter what evidence Nelle allegedly had on him. 

Lucas!

(I'm kidding, but wouldn't that make Carly swallow her tongue)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I love Chloe!  Loved that Nelle was pulling a grand entrance, including a wedding dress, bouquet and wedding ring.  I'm curious who we think is the groom.  No way would Julian let himself do that no matter what evidence Nelle allegedly had on him.  Not to mention Sonny would use that as the excuse to kill him.  

There were only 2 options that I could see- Valentin or Julian. It has to be Julian because they’ve been working this redemption angle with Valentin. Which isn’t really the case since he’s actively trying to takeover ELQ right now but I digress. Unless Nelle somehow found out about his plans, she doesn’t have leverage over him like she does with Julian. How this could possibly help her is another question because I can’t fathom a scenario where marrying an ex-felon who tried to kill his wife would help her case. 

• Love 3