Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Today is one of the better episodes in a long time. No Wiley talk or mob stuff was refreshing.

Sam is quickly becoming the most immature of Alexis’ daughters. Blaming Kristina for getting locked up? She didn’t ask you to join the cult and nothing you did even helped the situation. The only reason she got out of the cult was because Sonny had Jason kidnap her and she had breakthroughs in exit therapy mostly due to Neil/Alexis/Willow. I guess I can give some credit to Sonny for getting it going but he was less than helpful during the actual therapy since he was most focused on finding out what her secret was. 

I found parts of the Neil/Julian argument entertaining but I’m on neither of their sides right now. Julian’s outburst might have triggered the board finding out they lied but he wasn’t the one who set everything in motion, Alexis and Neil were, so Neil’s anger was a little misplaced. But Julian is still so dismissive of the damage he did to Alexis that I can’t really root for him either, especially since it seems like that confrontation at the hospital was more motivated by his jealousy that Alexis wanted someone else. One good thing that came out of that argument is Julian telling Neil to fight for Alexis. Things between Alexis and Neil are a mess but him walking away isn’t going to improve or fix the situation. If anything, it will validate Alexis’ belief that losing his license over her will make him resent her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But the immediate need is for Cameron who should be going in the next couple of years so I'll give the show this one.

Lucky thought of all the boys as his, so I won't give the show this.  Though I will give them that they probably forgot Lucky exists.

• Love 2

I don’t know why this show loves doing Liz is poor storylines. She’s been steadily employed in a good job for 16 years so she could be ok financially and student loans exist if she can’t afford to pay college tuition for her sons. It’s also understandable that she doesn’t want her husband’s past brought back to light. Cameron already struggled with it when they first got married and it’ll undoubtably make things a lot harder for them if people start talking about it again. 

• Love 5

Good episode overall with Ava/Nikolas scenes and Franco/Elizabeth scenes shining -- realistic fight with the latter, and some movement in the former finally. The best scenes were definitely with the Davis coven, though. Just outstanding all around. All four actresses brought it, they felt like real sisters, and then a real mother of the three when Alexis joined. The interaction, the sisterly bonding, advice, the jibes--both light-hearted and not-so-much, the love, the annoyance, and then when the stakes got raised in the last two scenes, I was legit: "OOH!"

Dang, that was some good soapy shit there! I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow, plus, I get my girl, Nelle! YEAH!)

• Love 6

Damn! 6abc almost made it through the whole show without an interruption.

What is it with this show and its abuse of trees? First, it was Michael and Willow beating the crap out of that poor tree in the park. Now, Ava wants to "move" the trees on Spoon Island.

#ProtecttheTrees

I usually like Julian, but today I just wanted him to STFU.

Am I the only one that thinks the letter from Spencer might be bogus? [/speculation] Or am I just cynical and distrusting?

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, lb60 said:

Am I the only one that thinks the letter from Spencer might be bogus? [/speculation] Or am I just cynical and distrusting?

My first thought was what 15 year old sends a letter? But then who knows with Spencer.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, lb60 said:

That's what I thought too because the last time we saw Spencer, he looked more favourably on Ava than on Nikolas. I wondered if it was a plant by Nik to get rid of Ava without having to adhere to the terms of their agreement, preying on her fondness for Spencer.

And then I thought maybe it's just a poor move on the part of the writers to move the story along.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Lucky thought of all the boys as his, so I won't give the show this.  Though I will give them that they probably forgot Lucky exists.

I was curious about the cost of college in the US. According to this site,

The average cost of tuition, fees, room and board for 2018-2019 was $21,370 for one year as an in-state student at a state school and $48,510 for a private college, according to College Board. That adds up to $85,480 for four years at a state school and $194,040 at a private college.

When Northwestern Mutual wealth management advisor Mark Kull helps clients determine how much they will have to save, he assumes that tuition will go up 5 percent per year — which is how much they have increased annually over the last 10 years.

If that trend continues, that means that in five years, a four-year college degree will cost $117,555 at a state school and $266,850 at a private school. Since many students now take five or six years to graduate, that could further increase the costs.

If you currently have an 8-year-old son or daughter, his or her college costs will be even higher: $150,033 at a state school or $340,576 at a private college.

I expect Jason to pay for Jake since we've been repeatedly told how rich he is.  And Jake is a Quartermaine so Monica will cover it if Jason doesn't.

That leaves Cameron and Aiden.  Cameron's college will cost around $90K to $200,000. Aiden's will cost $150K to $340K, plus probably cooking school in New York or France.  Unless Lucky is actively mining diamonds in South Africa or wherever he is, I doubt that he can cover that. I understand Liz wanting to help her sons with their college expenses and not leave them with a crushing debt when they graduate.

• Love 1

We know they're going to go to Port Charles University, so they'll probably save money on housing fees. And if PCU has a junior college affiliate (I thought there used to be, but I'm not sure), they can save money by going there first. And probably, if money becomes a real issue on the show, it'll be solved at the last minute by Cam getting a scholarship of some kind.

I was more puzzled by Franco was saying he couldn't pay the monthly bills on both their incomes when Liz had been doing it for years with one. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I love the Davis girls scenes. They work so well together & I believe they are sisters. I like Neil fir Alexus & he’s rocking the beard. That said, I’m still amazed they haven’t had Alexis & Jullian involved. They gave really kept them apart. I’m a little shocked because they generated so much sexual tension...for an older couple & not some dopey teen set.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, rur said:

I was more puzzled by Franco was saying he couldn't pay the monthly bills on both their incomes when Liz had been doing it for years with one. 

I think the experimental brain memories restoration hospital bill is making a dent into their expenses.

I am also that worried about Cam. He is being recruited by soccer coaches and had just recently had visited one of those colleges. Between his mom, stepdads and grandparents, Cam will be able to get something together in combination to scholarships and student loans. The show should also remember that even though Zander's turn into the criminal side, it was revealed that he came from money. Cam was born months after Zander and Cameron died, so he would have been the sole heir of that estate. 

• Useful 2
8 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I think the experimental brain memories restoration hospital bill is making a dent into their expenses.

I am also that worried about Cam. He is being recruited by soccer coaches and had just recently had visited one of those colleges. Between his mom, stepdads and grandparents, Cam will be able to get something together in combination to scholarships and student loans. The show should also remember that even though Zander's turn into the criminal side, it was revealed that he came from money. Cam was born months after Zander and Cameron died, so he would have been the sole heir of that estate. 

I don’t think Cameron Sr’s money would have automatically gone to him without a will. If Cameron had one, I doubt it listed him since he barely found out Elizabeth was pregnant before he died and Zander and Ric were battling over Zander’s parental rights at the time. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, lala2 said:

I'm sorry but Liz is being a baby. There is most definitely a difference btw doing art for yourself at your home and selling it on a wide scale. She can't claim to know anything about the art world and how it works. I'm sorry, but she can't. She's an artist, but she's not a prof'l one! IMO, she shouldn't have taken so much offense to Franco's statement. 

I also really don't understand her complaint about this show. Franco was a serial killer. Yes, he has changed, but ppl are never going to forget that about him.

He used the phrase "REAL artist," and even though he tried to correct the mistake and say that he essentially meant "professional" as in one who has to market his or her work, I can see why she'd be hurt.

I also think she is probably right to be apprehensive about the publicity about the 10-year "anniversary." Isn't that museum thing when Franco kidnapped Aiden? This may or may not be something Aiden knew about or thought about up until this point.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t know why this show loves doing Liz is poor storylines. She’s been steadily employed in a good job for 16 years so she could be ok financially a

But then Sam blew up her house and she needed to rebuild.  I never got the impression at the time that either Sam or Jason had helped with those costs.  Plus, at one point there was talk that LIz had invested all her money in some scheme that had fallen apart and she'd lost it all.  Plus her kids are all in some sort or after school program/ camp so that has to cost money.  

Plus, she likely had to pay the gazillion dollars of hospital bills for the memory experiment stuff.  I thought Franco's money was frozen to be given to his victims.  Then at one point he got some money back which I thought he put towards the hospital.  And I doubt a hospital art therapist, which I believe is a made up job can't pay more than minimum wage.  

Thousands of people live paycheck to paycheck.  I can see Liz being one of them.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t think Cameron Sr’s money would have automatically gone to him without a will. If Cameron had one, I doubt it listed him since he barely found out Elizabeth was pregnant before he died and Zander and Ric were battling over Zander’s parental rights at the time. 

If Liz had thought to put in a claim to the estate, Cameron should have gotten a share of the estate. Since this was never mentioned, I don't think Liz did. I, however, distinctly remember Jason telling Liz he had set up a trust fund for Cameron and Jake under cover of Emily's death (the trust fund was going to look like it came from Emily) so she wouldn't have to worry abut money.  Maybe this was the money she lost in bad investments. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

But then Sam blew up her house and she needed to rebuild.  I never got the impression at the time that either Sam or Jason had helped with those costs.  Plus, at one point there was talk that LIz had invested all her money in some scheme that had fallen apart and she'd lost it all.  Plus her kids are all in some sort or after school program/ camp so that has to cost money.  

Plus, she likely had to pay the gazillion dollars of hospital bills for the memory experiment stuff.  I thought Franco's money was frozen to be given to his victims.  Then at one point he got some money back which I thought he put towards the hospital.  And I doubt a hospital art therapist, which I believe is a made up job can't pay more than minimum wage.  

Thousands of people live paycheck to paycheck.  I can see Liz being one of them.  

An art therapist is in fact a very real job that Franco is grossly under qualified for. It might not require a doctorate, but it does require a master's degree with emphasis on therapist aspect of the title instead of the "art". You know who is more qualified for the position? Liz is more qualified as both a hobbyist artist and someone that works with patients for years and had hoped even during the Guza years she would transition into that role. You know who shouldn't have a job like that, a man who made a group of think they were going to blown up by a bomb and then help kidnap an infant over state lines, with not a mention of any type of training he had in school. At least they did it with Liz and Robert Scorpio, even if it was accelerated.

However, the salary is between $32,000- $64,000.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

And I doubt a hospital art therapist, which I believe is a made up job can't pay more than minimum wage. 

Art therapist is a real job although they work in psychiatric hospitals, not acute care ones like GH except very part time. You are right that it doesn't pay a lot although more than minimum wage. Therapists don't make much money unless they're doctors.

I don't think that Liz is poor but unlike the Quartermaines and the Corinthii who are rich, and professionals like Alexis, Diane Laura/Kevin etc. who are in the six figures bracket, Liz is the one who has been shown to have realistic money problems like most of the viewers of the show.  I can identify with her, I look at the bills each month and wonder what I can cut down on. (A few years ago my province went to a variable electricity billing where the cheapest rate doesn't kick in until 7 p.m. With the quarantining, they've temporarily relaxed it to low rate all day and I'm constantly surprised at what a relief it is to be able to start cooking before 7 and to do laundry when it's still daytime.)

In my mind, Lucky will help with some of the college costs but the rest will fall on Liz because she doesn't want her sons to graduate with a huge debt load. (Studies have shown that one of the ways the rich stay rich is because their kids aren't hobbled by college debt.)

Cameron will probably end up at PCU unless they want to move the character off screen so they will be able to get him money for that since he'll live at home but it's natural that Liz would want to give him other options as well, If college is important, going to the right one is too. When I was 6, my parents moved to another city which had a better university than the city we were living in because they wanted to give us the opportunity for a good college. (Little did they know how good U of Waterloo would become.)

The art scene is crazy, with people being willing to pay millions of dollars for a painting by a well-known artist.  I agree with Franco -- people are not going to forget his past and if he can cash in on it for the money, why not?  Given Ava's invitation, she knows what she's doing.

I really liked the blue painting behind Franco. I was watching with my kid and she said it was like an abstract Georgia O'Keefe. If I were a 1%er,  I'd wouldn't mind paying $100,000 for that one. Or just to show off "a Franco" to my guests.

Edited by statsgirl
added a flourish
  • Love 2

Truth telling kristina is all kinds of awesome sauce and Lexi is killing it!!  

Kristina,. You and jaeon are danger junkies, it's what sustains you.

sam,. All I ever wanted was my family to be safe

kris, sure when you were with Drew but when the real ?Jason came back you were back to ride and die.  Jason would die for you but he can't live with you.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

Yesterday's show wasn't half bad for a change. But I did want to punch Sam in her plastic face. Multiple times. 

And Brando? If you don't want Jason to become suspicious, maybe leave it at "I accidentally insulted Kristina and incurred Sam's wrath." Going on about how Sam showed up at the garage to ream you out was totally unnecessary.

8 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Oh. My. Gosh. Kristina suddenly becoming a favorite character of mine with her truth telling today.

1. You only wanted a quiet life with Jason when he was Drew.

2. You are addicted to danger.

3. Jason's priority is Sonny and Carly, not you.

4. You didn't go after Shiloh for me. You did it for yourself.

5. You don't want to be with your family or you'd stop sneaking around to see Jason.

Woohoo Kristina! You tell it, girl!

Kristina was the best thing about today's episode and it's not even close. If only it would make Sam re-prioritize her life...

• Love 15

"Jason would die for you, but his first priority is my dad and Carly." Welp, it's about time someone had the guts to tell it like it is, and finally Kristina's hot-headed Corinthos tendencies paid off in my favor. Between this stellar line and her dig about Sam only preferring a safe life when she was with Drew, I'd gladly pick up her tab at Charlie's for the next month. After the harsh way Sam has treated Alexis, her parole officer, Brando, and now Kristina, she deserves to get real comfy with the ugly reality that she and her children will never, ever, be Jason's true family. He'd drop her like a hot potato to go count to ten with Carly and deep down Sam knows it. But she's settled for her spot on the fringe of Jason's orbit and she'll defend it endlessly, regardless of the fact that it comes at her own expense and especially at the expense of her kids. No wonder she's so miserable all the time; her life is so far from ideal and it's all because of her dependency on a relationship that's never been fully functional.

• Love 22

I cannot believe the show went there, but I'm so happy they did!!! Kristina was dead right in everything she said to Sam. Sam and her kids are NOT Jason's priority. Carly, Sonny, Michael and anyone else in town are his first priorities. Sam knows it too, which is why she looked sad and STUPID!!! And I agreed w/Kristina about Sam seeking out Shiloh and doing all that stuff for SAM and her desire to live on the edge, etc. It had nothing to do w/Kristina b/c Kristina never asked Sam to do any of that. Also, this narrative that Sam killed Shiloh for Kristina is complete BS. Kristina was out of the cult by the time Sam murdered Shiloh. She did that for her own reasons. She's in jail b/c she put herself there. I hate that Molly, Alexis, and Sam are ganging up on Kristina. It would be more balanced if Molly and/or Alexis agreed w/Kristina on some of her points. I believe they both should agree on all her points b/c they were valid, but at least one of them could have spoken up about Sam and her kids clearly not being Jason's priority!!

I really do enjoy Franco/Ava scene . . . . like a lot. LOL! At the end of their scenes, I wanted to see them kiss kiss . . . not just a peck on the cheek. I'm saying that as a Friz fan too. I really like Friz, but all this Franco/Ava interaction makes me want to see a Frava pairing. I think those two would be really good together. I liked Franco supporting Ava and calling her out. It was cute. 

I'm happy Liz realized she was being a bit sensitive b/c she was! Franco also knows he put his foot in his mouth and will make it up to her. Awww . . . I do like them. I like Friz. They are very cute together. I agree w/Ava about their marriage being strong. I don't think they will break b/c of the Nava games. 

I hate all things Carly so I muted most of her scene, but did hear/read what Nina said to her, and I was TEAM NINA all the way! I loved everything Nina said to Carly. I'm so sick of this narrative that Nelle is so awful and deserves nothing. If the character is sticking around (which it looks like she is), then she needs an ally. I'll be happy she has someone just as fierce in her corner as Michael, the loser. Was he calling his mommy and crying about his custody hearing? Did he need Mommy's reassurances before he went to bed? Ugh! I cannot believe they gave that man child a baby!!! He sent his mommy to get his character witnesses?!?! Michael is so pathetic. 

• Love 13

I am all for this truth-telling over the past two days. And the 'true but low blow' shots.

Kristina and Sam have already been covered. Nina telling Carly what would she have turned out like if she had been abandoned like Nelle was beautiful. Franco told Ava that she wants this marriage to distract her from Kiki's death. And Marty laying the truth out for Nelle. Ava giving Franco advice on how to apologize to Liz was sweet.

True but a low blow: in addition to Franco telling Liz yesterday that she wasn't an artist, today we have Carly telling Nina that she's not a mother (nice look from IR), and the beauty of Liz telling Nik that he's not willing to give up the money for Spencer.

Carls, you totally used your children to get what you want.  And you would have cheered if you had murdered Nelle on the hospital roof.

Why did no one point out to Sam that Kristina was already free of DoD when she kept seeing Shiloh?

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Linny said:

"Jason would die for you, but his first priority is my dad and Carly." Welp, it's about time someone had the guts to tell it like it is, and finally Kristina's hot-headed Corinthos tendencies paid off in my favor. Between this stellar line and her dig about Sam only preferring a safe life when she was with Drew, I'd gladly pick up her tab at Charlie's for the next month. After the harsh way Sam has treated Alexis, her parole officer, Brando, and now Kristina, she deserves to get real comfy with the ugly reality that she and her children will never, ever, be Jason's true family. He'd drop her like a hot potato to go count to ten with Carly and deep down Sam knows it. But she's settled for her spot on the fringe of Jason's orbit and she'll defend it endlessly, regardless of the fact that it comes at her own expense and especially at the expense of her kids. No wonder she's so miserable all the time; her life is so far from ideal and it's all because of her dependency on a relationship that's never been fully functional.

Remember when Jason has just come back and decided that he would go on the run with Carly forever after he broke her out of Ferncliff if that's what was required, but when Sam recently asked him to run away with her and the children, he gave her a very firm "no."

Good times!

• LOL 5
  • Love 16

I liked the lawyer dude calling the Corrinthos/Quartermaines a "wiley" bunch.  Sometimes I'm easily amused.  Good advice to Nelle about not referring to Wiley as "the kid" in front of the judge.

Shut up, Carly.  Nina does not owe you dirt on Nelle.  And that was a low blow on her not being a mom.  Nina was pretty much right in everything she said.  I'm not so sure that Nelle is as maternal as she wants Nina or anyone else to believe.  But, I also don't think she would hurt him and Michael getting along with Nelle and sharing custody instead of fighting would be a lot better for Wiley in the long run.  

Nikolas and Spenser can live over Kelly's like the Qs did when Monica kicked them out.  LOL.

• Love 7

Who wrote today’s episode? I can’t believe that they really had Kristina say what everyone thinks about Sam and Jason. The only time we got those kind of lines before were when Sam was pretending to be brainwashed. I’m sure it’ll go in one ear and out the other but it’s nice that someone finally said it and I’m glad it came from one of her sisters since she couldn’t lash out at them like she did to Alexis a few weeks ago.

• Love 16
(edited)

Maybe the writers, in isolation, are turning to the discussion boards for ideas and learning that some of the characters on the show are disliked. 😉

Edited by rur
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, rur said:

Maybe the writers, in isolation, are turning to the discussion boards for ideas and learning that some of the characters on the show are disliked. 😉

Well, that would make sense if these were new episodes written after the virus hit us. But alas, they're not; Awesome Writer must have escaped from their hole to sneak this in.

• Love 6

Today’s show was just awesome with Christina yelling some truths to Sam and Nina doing the same to Carly. Bravo, writers! Bravo!! Finally.

• Love 7

Yesterday and today's show were both awesome. I generally like the show (and other than the Corinthii clan and co.) don't have the same problems that most here do, but seriously, the kind of quality from these two episodes? KEEP IT UP, SHOW!

Everyone has already said most of my thoughts on the scenes, but I did want to add a few others that I had:

1. A couple of times during Nelle's scenes I kept thinking: Gosh, Chloe Lanier is SO pretty!

2. Hah! Take that, Nelle-haters who kept insisting that she didn't even bother visiting Wiley while he was in the hospital recovering. She went every day and even brought donuts to the nurses!

3. I am sorry, ya'll, but I do not think that Laura Wright is some great actress at all. She sneers and yells and can cry pretty and that's about it. When Nina asked to consider if she'd been judged on her mistakes and her kids kept from her because of that, the shot went to Carly and held and the reaction that LW gave us was a snide sneer and I was like 'whu?' I mean, seriously, what the hell kind of reaction was that? It so did not fit at all.

And if she isn't sneering, she's yelling. And if she isn't yelling, she's crying. Occasionally, she'll smile. But that's about it. Damn, I miss Sarah Joy Brown so, so, so much.

• Love 15

I was in a chemo daze watching most of the show, but I was conscious for Kristina telling Sam off. It won't change anything, but as a viewer, it was cathartic to see Sam finally get a dose of reality. She will NEVER be Jason's top priority. She's barely in the top five, and she knows it. That's why it cut so deeply.

• Love 20
31 minutes ago, driver18 said:

3. I am sorry, ya'll, but I do not think that Laura Wright is some great actress at all. She sneers and yells and can cry pretty and that's about it. When Nina asked to consider if she'd been judged on her mistakes and her kids kept from her because of that, the shot went to Carly and held and the reaction that LW gave us was a snide sneer and I was like 'whu?' I mean, seriously, what the hell kind of reaction was that? It so did not fit at all.

I think that was spot on Carly though. LOL!  Carly is extremely self-centered and cannot think about anyone outside of herself or her inner circle. So, I don't think Carly was meant to really hear what Nina said or appreciate the very valid point she was making.

If Carly were a better person, she would be able to think beyond herself, but she's not. Nina made a really great point, but Carly didn't "hear" it. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I didn't really see why Sam all of a sudden jumped on Kristina but it brought out THE TRUTH  from Kristina so I don't care .  Yesterday and today were good, does that mean we are almost out of shows?

I totally don't remember who Cam Sr is so that will give me something to look up when we are out of shows.

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Love 6
On 4/30/2020 at 4:44 PM, AuxArx said:

What did Tree do to deserve such rough treatment?  It's almost as bad as when Connie stabbed poor innocent Cake.  #JusticeforTree

Bowl of moss is crying.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I totally don't remember who Cam Sr is so that will give me something to look up when we are out of shows.

Spoiler:  they brought Lane Davies on in 2002 - 2003, Maybe they were trying to recreated the Julia/Mason magic from Santa Barbara but they never really leaned into it enough. I thought that he was wasted on GH.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

She will NEVER be Jason's top priority. She's barely in the top five, and she knows it. That's why it cut so deeply.

It's interesting who accepted the truth tea and who didn't. Sam never will. Carly never will.

Ava did.  Nelle may have partially.

The verdict is still out on Liz.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Spoiler:  they brought Lane Davies on in 2002 - 2003, Maybe they were trying to recreated the Julia/Mason magic from Santa Barbara but they never really leaned into it enough. I thought that he was wasted on GH.

I’m sure they brought him on for Alexis but if they had any potential, it was wasted since her storylines were insane during most of the time he was on the show and I can’t see her having a relationship with anyone during that time in her life. Plus it looked like they killed him off as soon as they figured out they wanted to do Kristina’s paternity reveal since it wasn’t long after he died that Ric started pursuing her so he could play pseudo-daddy to Sonny’s kid. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Who let awesome writer out of the closet to write Kristina's dialogue today?  Everything she said about Jason and Sam was spot on.

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's interesting who accepted the truth tea and who didn't. Sam never will. Carly never will.

Ava did.  Nelle may have partially.

The verdict is still out on Liz.

Ava accepts it because it allows her to wallow with a martini or three. She hasn't really changed that much. She still hasn't taken Sonny to court for a more equitable custody deal for Avery. 

I think Nelle sort of picks and chooses what truths she wants to accept, but she knows most of it is true.

Elizabeth gets berated most often of any of these women for being a lying liar who lies, so I think she accepts most of it. It may take a while, but it gets through. And like Ava, she's a town goat (nannie? heh) for a lot of stuff. The both of them get a lot of negative plots they don't deserve.

Lane Davies and Nancy Lee Grahn were personally involved while on Santa Barbara, which might have led to the onscreen chem. (I know those aren't necessarily linked.) I believe their breakup wasn't the most amicable, and those feelings might have leeched into the Cam Sr./Alexis stuff. Plus, the writing they got on SB was MILES ahead of what they got on GH. They're both experienced actors who can do a lot with bad writing, but...GH wasn't that invested in the relationship.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Lord knows I am not a Kristina fan, but she was the MVP today, dishing out the hard truths to Sam.  And I freakin' loved that no matter how much Alexis and Molly tried to berate her into backing down, she stood her 100% truthful ground.  And LOL at Sam's "you think I don't want a normal life for my FAHHHHH-mly?"  Yes, Sam, that's exactly what I think, given everything that's transpired the last year.

Is it me or this Kristina truth telling might have happened to push Sam to seek elsewhere? And this is happening on the heels of her interaction with Brando. 

• Love 3

Last week’s Flashback scenes reminded me why I used to love Jason and Sam...and made me really sad for them now.  Why can’t the writers just let them move on, both KeMo and Steve act much better apart.  Especially Kelly.  And her hair was amazeballs back in the day. 

With that said, she was totally out of line and stupid getting in Brando’s face.  Go see your kids or something.  I love how Brando just kind of laughed in her face like bitch this is NOT your business.

Even though Sam is unrecognizable to how she was in the beginning (or even while with Drew), I do love me some Davis girls scenes.  I can believe they are sisters and Alexis is their mom.  Kristina bringing the truth was everything.  And I don’t even like Krissy.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava accepts it because it allows her to wallow with a martini or three. She hasn't really changed that much. She still hasn't taken Sonny to court for a more equitable custody deal for Avery. 

I think Nelle sort of picks and chooses what truths she wants to accept, but she knows most of it is true.

Elizabeth gets berated most often of any of these women for being a lying liar who lies, so I think she accepts most of it. It may take a while, but it gets through. And like Ava, she's a town goat (nannie? heh) for a lot of stuff. The both of them get a lot of negative plots they don't deserve.

I think Ava not taking Sonny to court is a writer thing more than anything else. Ava and Sonny were fighting for custody endlessly. I think the writers got tired of it and finally decided on the plotline where Ava blackmailed Sonny into having shared custody. Only problem is the show doesn't want Sonny or Carly to lose so they seemed to have forgotten that happened and act like Ava just has visitation. It doesn't really matter if she takes them to court. Hell, she did take them to court and WON and the show still found a way for Sonny and Carly to regain custody. 

I don't think Nelle knows most of it is true. She's still delusional enough to actually believe that the only reason she went to prison is because she was trying to spare her ex-fiancé's family pain. She was still delusional enough to have never even conceived of the idea that she might not win custody. She's delusional enough to think that carrying a child and giving birth to it is the only thing required to be a good mother.

I definitely don't believe Liz is the town goat or gets berated more than Ava or Nelle do. Yeah, Liz has gotten stories that haven't made her look good but more often than not (other than being yelled at a couple of times) she's skated on the horrible things she's done. My eyes rolled so hard when she once again trotted out the line about being the town pariah when she and Franco got involved after people found out she knew (or thought at the time) that Drew was really Jason. Other than Drew and Sam rightly calling her out for what she did, everyone else barely had a reaction. Even Carly barely called her out for it. She was in no way the town pariah.

21 hours ago, driver18 said:

And if she isn't sneering, she's yelling. And if she isn't yelling, she's crying. Occasionally, she'll smile

don't forget her nervous laughter....  can't stand that.

• Love 4

"You got to remember something, Dad. You got to remember. Can you do that for me?" Yes, Sonny, Mike remembers everything but is just pretending to make you fell bad. Excuse me while I stab myself.

LOL that Michael thinks he'll hurt Brook Lynn in the boxing ring. Okay, pal.

• Love 8

Stop ganging up on Kristina!  She's the only one with any sense right now. That said, the Davis women scenes >>>> Corinthos family

Because it can't be said enough SHUT UP PETER.  Anyone else think that Holly is still alive?

I am so over Sonny and his yelling and his inability to comprehend what Mike is going through. Maybe he should have read more Shakespeare. Or any Shakespeare at all.

The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

Carly, you are even more delusional about yourself than Nelle is about herself.

Michael is so much of a wimp, he even needs Brook Lynn to speak for him. First time I've really liked Brook Lynn, except when she was saying how wonderful Michael is.

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Lane Davies and Nancy Lee Grahn were personally involved while on Santa Barbara, which might have led to the onscreen chem. (I know those aren't necessarily linked.) I believe their breakup wasn't the most amicable, and those feelings might have leeched into the Cam Sr./Alexis stuff. Plus, the writing they got on SB was MILES ahead of what they got on GH. They're both experienced actors who can do a lot with bad writing, but...GH wasn't that invested in the relationship.

I  wasn't in the fandom but what I remember hearing is that NLG and LD were in a relationship and after it ended they had a big fight to the extent that they refused to speak to each other off set. But that ended while they were still on the show, long before Davies was hired to be on GH. I can only think that they would have checked with NLG before they hired him to play opposite her.

The writing for Cameron/Alexis really was crap.   Remembering that Puritan/witch-burning scene still makes me cringe.

• Love 3
(edited)

So today, they stripped Sam of whatever little self-worth and dignity she still had left. 

Job well done, writers. Nothing is more appealing than a woman who is turned inside out for a man and her toxic relationship where she knows she will never come first and accepts it meekly. Did Kelly kill someone's dog? Pee in someone's cereal? Kidnap someone's pet parrot? Because WTF!

Why does MB feel he has to raise his voice in his scenes with Mike? Mike is not deaf, he has Alzheimer's. I can't stand how Sonny speaks to his borderline catatonic father who has no clue what's going on around him. I find his scenes border on elderly abuse. Please, let's expedite this storyline. Let Mike's life end with some dignity where his son isn't blasting his voice beside him, demanding things of him, when he full well knows that his father can't answer his questions because he doesn't know since he can't remember. Sonny has no lacks empathy. And I don't know why they keep writing him like this when they have been able to write other characters as having exactly what Sonny lacks.

It makes me feel sorry that Mike has to put up with this when his sun is setting.

It seems like they might be gearing up for DZ's return. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 5