Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

It's sort of hilarious that the writers aren't even bothering to try to make it seem like Sam in prison has any stakes. Sam's in prison no one cares. Jason, kinda sad, but eh, kids, whattaya gonna do.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Did the people who fished Nikolas out from the sea hit him with the stupid stick several times? I like the actor, I think he's doing his best, but good grief, Nikolas gets stupid each episode that passes.

I really don't care about Finn and Anna. I'd rather watch paint dry at this point.

Carly is a nasty piece of work. And what Julian did with the breaks was beyond stupid. How did he know that Lucas would never borrow the car or that Brad wasn't going to put wiley in it?

Of course, Lucas sustained a brain injury. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Today's show was the best use of Bobbie I've seen in many years, as worried mother and knowledgeable nurse.

By all means, Carly, unload your history of entitled anger toward Julian and Ava on innocent Willow when all she did was feel bad for an obviously distraught Julian for a moment. I was already disgusted that she wanted Jax to be "chivalrous" by offering to clean up after a Thanksgiving dinner he wasn't even invited to attend. One piece of pie does not equal obligation, you self absorbed [insert favorite Carly insult here].  Also gotta love how she wants Lucas to get better for her newborn daughter's first Christmas - instead of the logical point that his legal son Wiley needs him to recover. UGH.

Best part: Wiley being all smiley and adorable with Michael, Sasha and Willow. Worst part: Nikolas being a POS to Ava after he got the nurse to assure Ava that the mystery pills would be good for her. 

• Love 12
42 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Of course, Lucas sustained a brain injury. 

LOL. Oh, Show.

24 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Also gotta love how [Carly] wants Lucas to get better for her newborn daughter's first Christmas - instead of the logical point that his legal son Wiley needs him to recover. UGH.

Was Sonny mentioned in there? Because if not, he's going to be mad it wasn't all about him.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

By all means, Carly, unload your history of entitled anger toward Julian and Ava on innocent Willow when all she did was feel bad for an obviously distraught Julian for a moment.

So...because Carly has this anger and hatred towards Julian EVERYONE has to?  Oh, do go to Hell, Carly.

I was already disgusted that she wanted Jax to be "chivalrous" by offering to clean up after a Thanksgiving dinner he wasn't even invited to attend. One piece of pie does not equal obligation, you self absorbed [insert favorite Carly insult here]. 

As if she was going to be the one cleaning up.  Don't they have a maid?  Or, hell, heap more work on Poor Put-Upon Pillar the World's Hardest Working Nanny.

Also gotta love how she wants Lucas to get better for her newborn daughter's first Christmas - instead of the logical point that his legal son Wiley needs him to recover. UGH.

Carly had a baby?  What's her name?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

In a competition for Worst Cassadine between Valentine and Nik, I'm starting to think that Valentine is the better man.  Wow, could Nik be any more of a horrible person? Between terrorizing Hayden into leaving her child and gaslighting and terrifying Ava, not to mention lying to his son and mother about his death, he really is the pits as a person.

So Michael and Sasha woke up Wylie at night to sit him on the couch, tell him his dads couldn't be there, and feed him ice cream?  They shouldn't be allowed care of a child. On the other hand, Anna giving Finn advice on raising a daughter was a nice moment.

Bobbie, the right way to begin a phone call is never "You have to come right away. I'm at the hospital."

Carly to Lucas "You have to wake up because you can't miss (whatever her name is) first Christmas"  Carls, how about talking to Lucas about his own child first before you start talking about yours?

Carly really is All About Me talking to Willow about Julian. It's not his fault that someone tried to kill him and got Morgan instead, And at the end, instead of feeling any empathy towards Julian, she concludes with "I got my wish".

6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Why does kid playing Rocco not look like a Rocco? In another year he’ll be taller then Emme Rylan. I also thought it was odd she wasn’t with Laura but I guess Genie Francis met her episode guarantee for the month.

I think he looks like he really could be the child of ER and DZ with those huge eyes.  I assumed that they were at the Quartermaines to spend time with Rocco's paternal grandmother, as opposed to his maternal one, and for Lulu to be there to fight with Brook Lynn.

Cultural genetics can be surprising. A Syrian friend of mine was showing me the women's engagement party for her brother's finance (I could watch them without hijabs because I'm a woman) and I kept asking her who the blonde woman was. She'd reply, that's my mother and I'd ask again, who is the blonde? Turns out her mother is blonde-haired, blue-eyed and very fair skinned.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Uh, did Nikolas really just bribe that Shadybrook employee to tamper Ava's meds with only a couple of $20 bills? A) Way to dig deep into your pockets there, Mr. Cassadine, B) wow, that employee is very easily bought, and C) Ava needs to get back to full strength ASAP to rip Nik a new one for messing with her mind like that. Nikolas has been such a tremendous disappointment; luring Ava into further vulnerability with talk of her dead daughter in hell is really heinous.

Yes to all three. I hope Ava "accidentally" shoots Nikolas for that.

Wow, is that employee stupid.  Mary Pat would never have let her get away with that.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

In a competition for Worst Cassadine between Valentine and Nik, I'm starting to think that Valentine is the better man.  Wow, could Nik be any more of a horrible person? 

imo that was the whole point of Nik's return, to make Valentin look like a swell guy in comparison.

• Love 5

Carly was hilariously chipper when discussing Lucas and Brad’s absence. “They said they were coming, but never showed up!” (looks at phone) “Nope, never called, either!” What a fun twist!

Nice to see that Wiley still hasn’t stopped grinning, after all these months. That is one SERIOUSLY cute child.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

imo that was the whole point of Nik's return, to make Valentin look like a swell guy in comparison.

Well, it won't work for me. Valentin will always and forever be a disgusting POS in my eyes. He shot Nikolas with the intent of killing him. He shot at Laura, but got Kevin instead. He sent Lulu off with goons to be murdered. He tried to blow up several ppl. He tried to"disappear" Spencer. He "disappeared" Claudette. He's a horrible character who should have long been gone. That's why the outrage forbBrad and Nikolas makes me chuckle when this walking piece of garbage is around town! If Valentin can't ever lose, then neither can they. 

And I just can't sympathize with Ava for having her meds messed with considering she did the exact same thing to Morgan. She felt she was justified in messing with his mind because her idiot daughter couldn't be honest with him about her feelings, so if Nikolas feels doing the same is necessary so he can reclaim his inheritance ..... fine by me! Generally, I'm against messing with someone's medication, but I couldn't care less that it's happening to Ava. You reap what you sow! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Ha, I was waiting for someone to say that. I realize that argument could be made, but I don't mind Willow. 

4 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

but Willow is the reason we have perfect boyfriend Chase, and shirtless Chase. She is also someone who doesn't mind telling Nina to shut up-- so I like her. I also covet her perfectly straight hair. 

Yes, Harrison is too perfect.  Does the man have any flaws at all?  Do we even know much about him?  Unless they’ve explained some stuff and I missed it because I will admit he is on the fast forward list.  And those various shirtless scenes — I wasn’t impressed.

I was through with Willow when she was eating the show.  Looks like that’s about to start back up again.

Carly’s trash and Morgan wasn’t much better so I’m never going to feel bad that he died no matter how many times she brings him up. She basically said Lucas getting hurt was revenge for Morgan dying because it caused Julian pain. Is she forgetting Lucas is her brother or does she really not care about him? And what’s worse was she said it in front of Bobbie. Tell me what’s supposed to be remotely redeemable about her character?

• Love 14

Nik already knows Ava is committed, not because she's insane, but because she's being led to think so since she saw him... and his answer to that is to try to make her think she's having visions of him AGAIN? On the anniversary of her daughter's death? Gross! Like I get he's made at her for not testifying, but dude, just wait until you reveal you're alive again and talk to her like a normal human and let other folks deal with her about the painting. And, most importantly, do not taunt anyone about their murdered daughter. Not a good look.

Carly's rant to Willow was so weirdly transitioned. It would've made more sense for her to talk about Julian to Bobbie separately than get so strangely intense with Willow over one comment. As it is, it isn't like Willow is Julian's biggest fan either. She had originally made Lucas/Brad promise that he'd have no contact as a stipulation of the adoption! She's just being thoughtful. 

I liked Bobbie's scenes with Lucas a lot. I never really buy Carly as his sister, but other than her trying to make him waking up all about Donna's first Christmas, she was fine too in those scenes.

I miss Hayden already. RB really made that character for me, especially this go. I'd rather Finn left than her!

• Love 6

As much as I dislike how stupid they are making Julian with him tampering with the brakes, I liked the follow through when he discovered what he thought was a dead Brad, saying:  sorry, Brad, you forced my hand, but at least you were able to save Alexis.  Of course then he sees that Lucas is also in the car and freaks out.  But that little moment was hilarious because he is essentially patting himself on the back for saving Alexis via his evil deed.

ice cold GIF

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Laur said:

Nik already knows Ava is committed, not because she's insane, but because she's being led to think so since she saw him... and his answer to that is to try to make her think she's having visions of him AGAIN? On the anniversary of her daughter's death? Gross! Like I get he's mad at her for not testifying, but dude, just wait until you reveal you're alive again and talk to her like a normal human and let other folks deal with her about the painting. And, most importantly, do not taunt anyone about their murdered daughter. Not a good look.

He's mad at her for not supporting that he's dead. But he's not dead, it was all a scam on his part. There is zero moral high ground for Nik here.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Unless this Nik is temporary and there will be another redeemed incarnation of him later on, it seems stupid to me to sacrifice Nik, who is a legacy character and son of legacy characters, for Valentin even if he is FV's pet.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Laur said:

Nik already knows Ava is committed, not because she's insane, but because she's being led to think so since she saw him... and his answer to that is to try to make her think she's having visions of him AGAIN? On the anniversary of her daughter's death? Gross! Like I get he's made at her for not testifying, but dude, just wait until you reveal you're alive again and talk to her like a normal human and let other folks deal with her about the painting. And, most importantly, do not taunt anyone about their murdered daughter. Not a good look.

I miss Hayden already. RB really made that character for me, especially this go. I'd rather Finn left than her!

ALL of this, but especially THIS!

• Love 5

Have we even seen one glimpse of DONNA since she came home from the hospital? When did we last see Avery? Have we ever seen Gabriella, the servant who washed most of the dishes after Thanksgiving but didn’t put them away? When did we last see Pillar? What was the point of all of this distress and angst over this at-risk child during Carly’s pregnancy if we’re never going to see her again? Aaarrrggghhh!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Very impressive that Carly managed to make Lucas being near-death about her, Morgan's death, and her feelings about Morgan's death.  Ugh. It's classic Carly, which would be fine if we weren't also suppoed to believe she's, like, this loving martiarch who super cares about her brother (she doesn't).

I kinda think it would be more interesting if Lucas was awake instead of Brad, if he was mulling over the crazy thing that Brad said right before the crash, wondering what he should do, if he should say anything, until he can talk to Brad and find out the full story.  And I bet Ryan Carnes could slay that.  But sure, let's make it about Julian's pain, I guess.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Valentin will always and forever be a disgusting POS in my eyes.

Historically none of the Cassadine men have been any great prize. Nik's behavior at the moment is much worse than Valentin's, IMO.

I hate that Finn is always thanking Anna for doing things for Violet. Of course she's going to be nice to your child. Anna is your fiancée, remember? That means she'll support you, which is what she's doing now. Ugh.

1 hour ago, Laur said:

I never really buy Carly as [Lucas's] sister,

Same here. It always feels like a plot point for Carly.

I hope when Nelle finds out that Michael knows Wiley is theirs, she sues for sole custody, wins, and takes Wiley far, far away and we never see the two of them again.

2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Have we even seen one glimpse of DONNA since she came home from the hospital?

Yes, more than once. The most recent was when Mike was holding her on Thanksgiving and Carly and Sonny freaked out. It was the start of Mike getting agitated.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I hate that Finn is always thanking Anna for doing things for Violet. Of course she's going to be nice to your child. Anna is your fiancée,

And also, she's a sweet little girl.  It's not like Anna's going to start beating her with sticks, or send her to live with the Corinthi.  

Not sure how I felt about Nik messing with Ava's head.  On one side Maura's knocking that out of the park.  On the other, dude way to be a douche this go around.  On the third hand it's ridiculously soapy, in a good way.  

Although no way do I believe that Nik dropped that giant ass Cassadine ring and didn't notice it immediately.  

2 hours ago, bannana said:

Of course then he sees that Lucas is also in the car and freaks out.  But that little moment was hilarious because he is essentially patting himself on the back for saving Alexis via his evil deed.

What was weird about that though is that at no time did he realize that Lucas was driving until he went to that side of the car.  He's being all snarky heh heh heh Brad, who's in the PASSENGER seat and doesn't wonder why, then goes around and is all holy crap Lucas was driving oh noes.  

I thought it was hilarious when Chase, who had the job of exposition today, explains to Carly that Brucas were in the car for an hour.  Well hell, if paramedics or Neil or Julian or Alexis or Chase himself, had noticed the second car right away, maybe Lucas could have gotten medical attention much faster.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I just watched Monday's episode, and I am sorry, what the hell? I know that Monica and Brook Lynn are technically family, but she hadn't spent a ton of time with her, and while she does exhibit a few Tracy-like traits (which are really Q traits). Yes, there was that time that Brook Lynn tried to swap $50,000 from Edward, but her own son AJ stole the entire family fortune for a time.  

While it was Carly's idea, Brook was an adult who willingly targeted, lied to, drugged, and attempted to rape the guy she claimed was her longtime/childhood friend. Carly offered her money to go after Dante, not a life-saving medicine for a terminal disease . Brook was not afraid her Q family was going to be murdered if she did not comply.   What I don't like is Brook first  shrugging off what she did with Dante - which is exactly what happened when her stepmom/Dante's mother brought up her going after another woman's man - and then threw a dig at Dante's now ex-wife. In other words, Brook is still acting like a low-life and she's only been back a day. Also the way she spoke to Julian at certain points plus the phone call he overheard, I totally get why he thought she was a prostitute.

I don't think the Georgie/Lulu/Diego stuff is remotely comparable because they were teenagers. From what I recall and read, Georgie and Dillon were  kids who got marriage because they thought he was terminally ill. That is not the same as an adult, committed relationship where a third party one of the two people trusted tried to commit a crime against the trusting person.

It wasn't just Carly's idea: she funded and bribed Brook Lynn who was in legal and financial trouble. 
While Brooklynn was an adult by that time, she was at that weird age where you finally leave the protection of your parents, your early twenites when most are finished with college and starting the next phase.  When Lulu pulled what she pulled, it was only 4 years prior (it might have been right before they all turned 18). Georgie married Dillon not only because they believed Dillon was dying from an incurable disease, but because she truly loved him. Early twenty-something adults aren't much more mature than late age teenagers. 

I found the entire story problematic not the least because it was negatively impacting a promising legacy character. Also because:

1) Tracy didn't take a more active role. Tracy would have been smart enough to realize Carly was out for blood, and Lulu  and Carly being previously close wasn't going to protect Lulu from Carly's vindictive nature. On top of that, Carly was going to use one of Tracy's offsprings (and her only biological grandchild) for petty revenge plans. It doesn't matter that her and Brook Lynn weren't close: Brook Lynn was not only a Q but her direct descendant. Seeing the damage that Carly did to Alan's family, I can't believe that she would stand for it.

2) They never connected Brook Lynn's friendships with Georgie and Uncle Dillon to motivation to breaking up Lulu and Dante. To do that, it would prevent Guza from having the character willingly drug Dante, who apparently was a close friend. 

3) I don't believe that Brook Lynn would turn down getting back her trust fund and receiving room and board from Edward in exchange for going back to school (Edward never specified what subject to major in), prefering to work for Carly so she could hurt a friend. Brook Lynn could easily maneuver around her  great grandfather stipulations, and if she didn't,  could have made good use of a degree in her music career.

23 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I hate that Finn is always thanking Anna for doing things for Violet. Of course she's going to be nice to your child. Anna is your fiancée,

And also, she's a sweet little girl.  It's not like Anna's going to start beating her with sticks, or send her to live with the Corinthi.  

So, maybe this is a tiny peek into what drove Finn off after his father married Chase's mom.

Chase does have flaws, he's gulible as fuck and easily led around by his dick, which is how Nelle fucked him over.

And... If Nelle finds out that Michael finds out that Willey is theirs, she's not gonna be getting custody.  She's in prison, for attempted murder, and murder as well I think.  Even if she gets out, that's not gonna make a good case.... oh, wait, Sonny has Avery, nevermind. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Thoughts from today:

- Why does every citizen of Port Charles talk to themselves--or an unconscious person--out loud where anyone can hear it?  God, Julian, you're an idiot. 

- Carly giving Willow a history lesson on "Why I hate Julian" was so weird--especially the whole "I wished this on him" WHILE LUCAS'S MOTHER--who's also HER MOTHER--is standing right there.  Carly, you're an idiot.

- Is Jax not feeding Nikolas?  Because clearly he must be dropping major lbs. if that giant ring could just SLIDE OFF HIS FINGER.  And then he doesn't even notice?  Nikolas, you're an idiot.

- I know Wiley can't understand, but what a contrived piece of shit plot point for Michael to basically tell him "hey, if both your daddies kick the bucket, you'll still have me."  Michael, you're an idiot.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly giving Willow a history lesson on "Why I hate Julian" was so weird--especially the whole "I wished this on him" WHILE LUCAS'S MOTHER--who's also HER MOTHER--is standing right there.  Carly, you're an idiot.

I read that scene completely differently.  It started off as a snarky "don't feel bad for the Jeromes because they are the evilest of evils" but then it was sort of "Julian got what he deserved......but at Lucas' expense".  Like there was remorse that she thinksulian deserves whatever crap since whatever crap now blowsback on her and Bobbie (and of course Sonny because I'm sure by 2:36 this afternoon, it will be all about Sonny's pain and how he can't handle Lucas being injured on top of Mike forgetting him, tear, tear, tear, mumbled whisper)

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

- Carly giving Willow a history lesson on "Why I hate Julian" was so weird--especially the whole "I wished this on him" WHILE LUCAS'S MOTHER--who's also HER MOTHER--is standing right there.  Carly, you're an idiot.

- Is Jax not feeding Nikolas?  Because clearly he must be dropping major lbs. if that giant ring could just SLIDE OFF HIS FINGER.  And then he doesn't even notice?  Nikolas, you're an idiot.

- I know Wiley can't understand, but what a contrived piece of shit plot point for Michael to basically tell him "hey, if both your daddies kick the bucket, you'll still have me."  Michael, you're an idiot.

1. No, she's a narcissistic, self-absorbed TWAT.
  2. I thought that whole scene with Ava was ridonkulous. I think the ring came off (and yeah, he's an idiot for not noticing it, since the show made a HUGE deal who he was, before he showed up) when Ava grabbed his hand and he yanked it away. Which, THAT should have clued Ava in on Nik NOT being a ghost. He was Corporeal!!!! I thought for sure Ava faked taking those orange pills when she noticed they were different. And especially after the nurse said "they'll make you feeeeel better."
  3. No, he's a Stupid Little Shit.

Was Chase's exposition in telling the SheBeast what went down for viewers' benefit? Because why the FUCK is he telling HER EVERYTHING he thinks happened? She's NOT next of kin. She's not his superior. GOD. I miss Garcia and Taggert. And Anna/Sean/Robert as Commissioner, because, DUH, they would have known the lack of skid marks probably meant no brakes, instead of wondering what could possibly be the reason for no skid marks.

And scenery people just SUCK. As someone mentioned up thread, Kendra was supposed to have been T-boned, not hit in a front end collision! If that had been the case (as her front fender being all accordioned), Alexis should be DEAD, since she would have been between them. And the position of Lucas' car appears that it T-boned Kendra, but...never mind. I'm giving myself a headache here.

Can someone please refresh my memory as to how Mooby managed to get Jax deported? When the ENTIRE Federal and State cops/prosecutors KNOW that he's a fucking Mafia thug?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Thoughts from today:

- Why does every citizen of Port Charles talk to themselves--or an unconscious person--out loud where anyone can hear it?  God, Julian, you're an idiot. 

Totally agree with you about the other points, but for this one Julian wasn't an idiot. Bobbie asked him to sit with Lucas and made it seem like she would be gone for 10 to 30 min. He closed the door before he started speaking out loud to Lucas, thinking it was a private "conversation." Then within approx. 2 min the door had been opened without a sound and Bobbie was in the doorway with Brad in the wheelchair.  That made me roll my eyes. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I don't believe that Brook Lynn would turn down getting back her trust fund and receiving room and board from Edward in exchange for going back to school

Please, a wimmins going to college? That's crazy talk. It's a miracle Molly hasn't dropped out yet, though that would admittedly be wildly OOC. (But not OOC for the show.)

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Can someone please refresh my memory as to how Mooby managed to get Jax deported? When the ENTIRE Federal and State cops/prosecutors KNOW that he's a fucking Mafia thug?

Doesn't mean he can't still bribe them.

• Love 1

He bribed a woman to accuse Jax of sexually assaulting her, because he's a class act-- that guy.

• Love 4

I still can’t believe that they gave Joss and Sonny a good relationship after he did that. He’s the reason that she couldn’t have both of her parents in her life full time. No one really is allowed to hate him, are they? 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I still can’t believe that they gave Joss and Sonny a good relationship after he did that. He’s the reason that she couldn’t have both of her parents in her life full time. No one really is allowed to hate him, are they? 

What else was Sonny supposed to do with Jax, let him stay in the country and co-parent his daughter? And anyway, Sonny apologized to Joss. Her staying mad at him is just sour grapes.

/utmost sarcasm

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

He's the reason Jax's airplane crashed and people were wondering if Jax died. (Remember the scene of Alexis going off on Carly and handing her the CarJax divorce papers when Carly was all 'we need to keep the kids away from Sonny'?) 

Joss really wouldn't have both of her parents in her life full-time if the airplane tampering had gotten him killed. It's absurd she doesn't know about that.  She should loathe Sonny.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Scotty, that's about it. Julian and Ava but they are Misguided.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Even Scott is portrayed as something of a crank for hating Sonny, and every time Scott mentions Karen, Sonny basically pooh-poohs it. It's so gross.

TBF, Sonny only hired underage Karen to strip, gave her drugs and had sex with her.  I mean, who hasn't made a mistake or twenty?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I loved Nina and Ava today.  Nina was so supportive of Ava and then, in a soapy twist, Nina finds Nicholas' ring.  It's game on, the Cassidine men vs Nina and Ava!  These men don't stand a chance against these two scorned women.  I only wish Hayden could makes this duo a trio.

• Love 11

Good God, i know it's been said so many times before, but Maura West is fucking awesome. I've seen people in mental hospitals and she just nailed it. Great acting by Cynthia too today with Maura. Maura brings out the best in her fellow actors.

• Love 12

Bobbie's brief pep talk with Brad was surprisingly both well written and well-acted. I'm sure the audience appreciates the BJ mention. Again ... shut UP Carly, no need for you to speak/interject in the moment. 

I rolled my eyes at Chase giving Sam the news about Brad and Lucas in person - it was only meant for Nelle, to show that she really doesn't care about L&B and get pissed off that Michael is taking care of Wiley/Jonah.  Chase apparently doesn't get that Sam barely cares about her brother. And why would he tell her about Lucas but not mention that the other driver tried to murder her mother but Alexis is recovering.

I see Julian is picking up where Michael left off about speaking inappropriately to little "Wiley" about Lucas; he has zero control over Lucas waking up or recovering. I also rolled my eyes at Sonny's line about "daddy-daughter bonding" because he's feeding Donna her bottle. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Chase apparently doesn't get that Sam barely cares about her brother.

"Her brother, Danny, is dead," I thought to myself. Then I remembered, "Oh, right. Lucas is also Sam's brother." Sam and Lucas have less interaction than Carly and Lucas.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I loved Nina and Ava today.  Nina was so supportive of Ava and then, in a soapy twist, Nina finds Nicholas' ring.  It's game on, the Cassidine men vs Nina and Ava!  These men don't stand a chance against these two scorned women.  I only wish Hayden could makes this duo a trio.

I wish it was Ava and Hayden. Fuck Nina.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Well hell, if paramedics or Neil or Julian or Alexis or Chase himself, had noticed the second car right away, maybe Lucas could have gotten medical attention much faster.  

Alexis did say that there was a second car but she was concussed and doped so all she could do is sit there. Julian and Neil should have listened.

2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Joss really wouldn't have both of her parents in her life full-time if the airplane tampering had gotten him killed. It's absurd she doesn't know about that.  She should loathe Sonny.

And that is why she doesn't know about it. Because if she didn't they couldn't write her "Poor Sonny" scenes, such as telling Dev that he has to be nice to Sonny because he has the sadz about Mike.

I am in for Nina and Ava taking the Cassadine men down.  I am so done with both of them. And with Alexis' poisoning ending in a great big nothing, there is no storyline I'm interested in right now.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Have we even seen one glimpse of DONNA since she came home from the hospital?

Mike had her in his arms, and everyone feared for her safety.  Because Pilar wasn't there to watch Mike, too.

Edited by ciarra

Wow, the Shadybrook staff is beyond incompetent.

I'm surprised Sonny didn't look at Julian after Chase gave his non-update and shout "J'accuse!" Because it's going to be Sonny who cracks this case wide open, not the PCPD.

Thank Jasus that Willow is not pregnant.

I get that Ava is completely messed up, but why would she think Nina was a ghost? 

I like the soapiness of Sam and Nelle being cellmates, but their conversation was so boring. And Sam is one to talk about not being able to face reality. 

Right, Colonel Tad Parker, you had no say in abetting Valentin. Spare me another person who can't take responsibility for his actions.

Am I supposed to be rooting for Nik here? Because his behavior ever since he returned to PC has been beyond reprehensible. Jax isn't blameless—he's indulged Nik way too long.

Why would Michael take it personally if Sonny thinks Donna is a daddy's girl?

Nik, Valentin, and Col. Tad Parker in the storage room was like watching the Three Stooges.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I am in for Nina and Ava taking the Cassadine men down. 

Same here.

Poor Wiley, getting constantly awakened and hauled out of bed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I don't think I've mentioned, but I appreciate that, presumably, the new writing regime saw some stuff that wasn't working - FrancoDrew, the Kendra mess - and nipped it in the bud.  That's also, I assume, why Tad Martin Gray is doing...whatever he's doing, I can't imagine this was the original plan.

Previews...can't blame Lulu for bitching about Brook to Maxie, but ladies, maybe you wanna check on your mutual cousin that's near-death?  Also, it makes me hope Brook gets a friend because a constant two-on-one tag team here would be exhausting.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
On 12/3/2019 at 1:35 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

A) So true. When Brook was being a bitch to Lulu and talking about about how Dante was the "nicest guy in the world," I wanted Lulu to bring up the specific point that Brook went beyond "trying to seduce" Dante - she did in fact drug him and is guilty of attempted rape, which is a crime. Monica, Ned and Olivia should have overheard that. Especially Ned. The comparisons to Tracy don't work for me because JE always played her as a character with layers and feelings whereas Brook comes off as an entitled brat who would literally do anything for money, including commit a serious crime against her childhood friend/ "the nicest guy in the world." If Olivia or Lulu wanted to make a good point about Brook's values, how about the fact that she didn't bother to show up for "Daddy" and Olivia's wedding. (I don't think Brook was even mentioned before, during or after it.)

I was on Team Brook on this one. Fuck Lulu. Not because Lulu moved on or that Brook spoke about things she has no clue about, but because when Brook Lynn decided to step outside to get some air and be alone and Lulu immediately marched outside and started berating her about being back in town, despite the fact this was first time she saw Brook Lynn in nearly 10 years at Brook Lynn's paternal family home. It is actually not crazy for someone's daughter to visit her father on a holiday. If Lulu doesn't want to be lectured, then she shouldn't start arguments. 

While I think that Brook Lynn is being a bit trite about what she did to Dante, considering the town she is in, I don't blame her wishing and even expecting that people move on since the show works overtime brushing aside Ava murdering Kate Howard (Sonny & Carly are NPC as far as I am concerned), Sonny murdering AJ, Nina sexually assaulting Ava and kidnapping her baby, Jason Morgan and Franco: serial killers. Brook Lynn did a shitty thing to someone that was a friend, but it didn't do any permanent damage and cause Dante's PTSD. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

'm surprised Sonny didn't look at Julian after Chase gave his non-update and shout "J'accuse!" Because it's going to be Sonny who cracks this case wide open, not the PCPD.

Or Jason.  With a side of Spinelli. 

Sonny gave his kid a bottle today.  I'm sure Laura's already ordered the Port Charles Father of the Year Award.

I like the idea of Nina and Ava teaming up to take down Valentin and Nik.  That's good soap.

• Love 8