Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How did Valentin let Charlotte get away with anything here? Lulu is the one who said she wouldn't be mad at Charlotte if Charlotte told her the truth. Both parents suck at giving Charlotte any sort of discipline. 

Lulu said she wouldn't be mad at Charlotte if she overheard her and Laura.  I feel that's the right response.  Charlotte wasn't sneaking around trying to eavesdrop.   She overheard. Did she stay to listen once she heard them?  Yes, but who wouldn't have?  I didn't take that to mean that Charlotte was not going to be in any trouble for running away.

And as far as I'm concerned with my limited watching, Charlotte was raised by a psychopath for her formative years.  It may take a while to reprogram her.

On another note, I think Molly should tell TJ what happened.  First of all, this is Port Charles, and she knows, Brando knows, Sam knows, Christina knows, I imagine Spinelli knows just because he knows everything. It's going to come out.  Second of all, this is clearly bothering her and TJ can tell something is up.  It would be so much better to clear the air and be honest.  Honesty really is the best policy.

And on that note, I 100% agree with Finn. Chase should be honest with Willow and let her make her own decision.  I would actually just love it if Chase and Sasha got up to their shenanigans and Willow still decided not to marry Michael because it would be wrong.  

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I didn't take that to mean that Charlotte was not going to be in any trouble for running away.

I did, since the running away was directly linked to overhearing Laura and Lulu's discussion. But of course the show can't throw in a line either way. (I don't consider Lulu's admonishment to Charlotte at the beginning that she can't run away as any sort of discipline. Of course running away is bad.)

Honesty really is the best policy.

I'm torn in a case like this. Molly thought TJ had dumped her, so she didn't set out to deliberately hurt him or cheat on him. I think Kristina was right when she said Molly wanted to tell TJ about the ONS so Molly would feel better. But Molly was right that TJ would know something was wrong because the guilt was eating away at her.  

I would actually just love it if Chase and Sasha got up to their shenanigans and Willow still decided not to marry Michael because it would be wrong.  

Same here, but that would be too reasonable.

• Love 3

I just love Nelle so much. Chloe Lanier's line deliveries are gold. First the "Bye" to Willow after she left was fantastic and then even better was the, 'Hey Carly, I heard poor Michael got his heart broken again. We'll have to talk soon,' said quickly, super casually, with the sympathetic *snerk* hand to her heart as she was walking out. I laughed so hard and rewound to watch that one three times.

And although they don't have much chemistry at all, I swear, when Nelle came upon Michael in the park, I immediately thought, 'Ooh! Hate sex!?'

I doubt it will happen, but I'm still hoping that the whole Michael/Willow marriage is going to turn out to be a red herring. Chase is going to tell Willow the truth, she is going to be mad, but forgive him. Carly is going to see through Sasha's scheme and tell her she's an idiot and Michael will get told the truth as well. Still because of the idiocy of everything they set in motion, Nelle knows about it all so this she'll have ammunition for her custody case.

We'll see. I do know that I'm actually very looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

Oh, and I'm also in the camp that Sam was completely in the wrong with Brando. It seems like they are setting something up with him and Sam, but yet there is still something obviously there with him and Molly.

I also think that Molly should tell TJ. She understandably thought he had pretty badly ghosted her. If he can't forgive her after some time to digest and deal with it, they shouldn't be together anyway if they aren't strong enough to get through it.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 7

I can see Molly deciding not to tell TJ for a while, but then on the day she decides she has to tell him, Sam beats her to it because she's an asshole and wants to hurt Brando.

Actually, that would be kind of soapy, so I'm sure Molly will tell TJ right away, he'll be upset but understand the circumstances, and it's never mentioned again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Holy crap, Sam rivaled Carly today for being a total shrew to someone for absolutely no reason other than her totally incorrect opinion.  Seriously calling out Brando for being an ex-con?  Thank god he gave it right back to her.  And that constant "I smelled shit" look on her face just made her more insufferable. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

If the entire point of the Lulu/Valentin/Laura/Charlotte plot is to have Lulu acquiesce to Valentin and Charlotte and have a shared custody plan, I give up. Charlotte learned nothing except she can run away from Lulu anytime she hears something she doesn't like and she will get her way thanks to her papa. Charlotte's first reaction was to beg Valentin to take her away with him and they could be together and no one could stop them. Because she learned from Valentin that running away is something they do and there are no consequences. The way Charlotte is written it's not believable to me that she even likes Lulu, much less loves her as her mother. 

I didn't see the show b/c the VA governor was giving a press conference and then Hogan (the Md governor) was giving a press conference, but I did read about what happened. 

I agree w/your entire paragraph. I give up too. What is the point of the constant fights btw them if Lulu is just going to let Charlotte's brattiness rule the day?! I also agree that there is no love lost when it comes to Charlotte w/r/t Lulu. She doesn't love or care about Lulu as much as she does Nina and Valentin.

This may be unpopular, but I honestly wish Lulu didn't care about Charlotte as much as she does. Yes, I know that's her egg, but let's face it . . . . . Charlotte will always be super bonded to Valentin. If Lulu left her life, I doubt the girl would care. I know many don't care for Lulu, but IMO, she has tried so hard to bond w/Charlotte. She fought for a right to be in that little girl's life b/c that is her stolen egg. She has to fight against Valentin all the time. Why? What's the point? Charlotte still doesn't care that much about Lulu. Again, I haven't seen it yet, but in my ideal world, Lulu would let Valentin keep Charlotte and tell Charlotte to call her if she needs and/or wants to see her. I would pretty much wash my hands of Charlotte. He would be the primary custodian, and I would move on w/my life. Like you said, I don't believe Charlotte likes Lulu, let alone loves her, so I see no reason for Lulu to keep fighting for her. I know that may sound mean to some, but I'm just saying. Charlotte wants her dad, so I would let her have her dad and stop fighting him. 

I read that Brando didn't just stand around and let Sam berate him, so I'm happy about that. I'm less happy about the speculation that Brando and Sam will be together. I like Brando. I liked Drew. Sam is a Jason-obsessed moron, so unless Sam gets her head out of Jason's butt (and I do not see that happening w/SB still on the show), I have zero desire to see a Brando/Sam pairing. What's the point? Brando would just get trashed (like Drew) for JaSam. Just please no. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I didn't see the show b/c the VA governor was giving a press conference and then Hogan (the Md governor) was giving a press conference, but I did read about what happened. 

I agree w/your entire paragraph. I give up too. What is the point of the constant fights btw them if Lulu is just going to let Charlotte's brattiness rule the day?! I also agree that there is no love lost when it comes to Charlotte w/r/t Lulu. She doesn't love or care about Lulu as much as she does Nina and Valentin.

This may be unpopular, but I honestly wish Lulu didn't care about Charlotte as much as she does. Yes, I know that's her egg, but let's face it . . . . . Charlotte will always be super bonded to Valentin. If Lulu left her life, I doubt the girl would care. I know many don't care for Lulu, but IMO, she has tried so hard to bond w/Charlotte. She fought for a right to be in that little girl's life b/c that is her stolen egg. She has to fight against Valentin all the time. Why? What's the point? Charlotte still doesn't care that much about Lulu. Again, I haven't seen it yet, but in my ideal world, Lulu would let Valentin keep Charlotte and tell Charlotte to call her if she needs and/or wants to see her. I would pretty much wash my hands of Charlotte. He would be the primary custodian, and I would move on w/my life. Like you said, I don't believe Charlotte likes Lulu, let alone loves her, so I see no reason for Lulu to keep fighting for her. I know that may sound mean to some, but I'm just saying. Charlotte wants her dad, so I would let her have her dad and stop fighting him. 

100% agree with the bolded. It's not just Lulu that Charlotte is always willing to leave, but Rocco, Laura, etc. She doesn't seem bonded that much to her maternal family and that makes sense considering her beloved papa did everything he could for years to undermine Lulu's relationship with Charlotte and deny them that bond, and that's not even counting the seven/eight years Lulu didn't know Charlotte existed.

Now that there is "shared custody", Lulu is going to be afraid weekly that Valentin will run off with her daughter and leave the state/country anytime she (Lulu) looks at him wrong or Valentin commits a crime. Based on the dialogue today that is something that still rightly bothers her. What does Lulu get? A lifetime of playing catch-up and doing her best to parent a child that doesn't respect her or barely likes her, all the while being undermined by Valentin?

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I 100% agree. Abandoning your kid doesn’t look good but it doesn’t seem like Charlotte wants her in her life and they don’t have any previous relationship to build on or repair. It would only have been worse if she won custody over Valentin since the resentment would grow even further. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

100% agree with the bolded. It's not just Lulu that Charlotte is always willing to leave, but Rocco, Laura, etc. She doesn't seem bonded that much to her maternal family and that makes sense considering her beloved papa did everything he could for years to undermine Lulu's relationship with Charlotte and deny them that bond, and that's not even counting the seven/eight years Lulu didn't know Charlotte existed.

Now that there is "shared custody", Lulu is going to be afraid weekly that Valentin will run off with her daughter and leave the state/country anytime she (Lulu) looks at him wrong or Valentin commits a crime. Based on the dialogue today that is something that still rightly bothers her. What does Lulu get? A lifetime of playing catch-up and doing her best to parent a child that doesn't respect her or barely likes her, all the while being undermined by Valentin?

Exactly!

And thanks for making the point about Rocco and Laura. I forgot about them. You're right. It's been about 2 years now, and Charlotte still has no real bond w/the maternal side of her family. She'd be perfectly fine living w/just Nina and Valentin. I honestly don't see that bond ever growing or developing, esp. since Valentin does nothing to encourage Charlotte's relationship w/Lulu.

2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I 100% agree. Abandoning your kid doesn’t look good but it doesn’t seem like Charlotte wants her in her life and they don’t have any previous relationship to build on or repair. It would only have been worse if she won custody over Valentin since the resentment would grow even further. 

Yup, and I wouldn't even call it abandonment.

At the end of the day, I just think Lulu shouldn't push for a relationship w/Charlotte. In a real life "stolen baby" case, the biological mother eventually stopped pushing for a relationship w/her daughter b/c the daughter was so bonded to the kidnapper. That was the only mother she knew, so it makes sense. The kidnapper is now in jail, and the bio mom tried to get to know her daughter, but it was difficult b/c the daughter was 17-18 years old and pretty set in her ways.  They clashed a lot, so the bio mom stepped aside.

Charlotte is not that old, but I wouldn't want to keep pushing for a relationship/bond w/her b/c it only builds resentment as you said. I see Charlotte calling out Lulu for not liking Valentin and not being honest about her feelings, but I don't recall her ever doing the same to Valentin. It's all on Lulu. All the time. Everyone keeps on Lulu to make things right, make Charlotte happy, be nice to Valentin, stop fighting for her daughter . . . . . well, if I were her, I really would stop. And mostly b/c the little girl doesn't seem to want a relationship w/Lulu. 

I wouldn't fight Valentin in court for sole custody, joint, or even visits. At this point, I would tell Charlotte that I wanted her to be happy, and she seems the happiest when living w/her father so she could do that. I'd tell her she could see me on the weekends if she wanted, or just call me whenever. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, lala2 said:

Exactly!

And thanks for making the point about Rocco and Laura. I forgot about them. You're right. It's been about 2 years now, and Charlotte still has no real bond w/the maternal side of her family. She'd be perfectly fine living w/just Nina and Valentin. I honestly don't see that bond ever growing or developing, esp. since Valentin does nothing to encourage Charlotte's relationship w/Lulu.

Yup, and I wouldn't even call it abandonment.

At the end of the day, I just think Lulu shouldn't push for a relationship w/Charlotte. In a real life "stolen baby" case, the biological mother eventually stopped pushing for a relationship w/her daughter b/c the daughter was so bonded to the kidnapper. That was the only mother she knew, so it makes sense. The kidnapper is now in jail, and the bio mom tried to get to know her daughter, but it was difficult b/c the daughter was 17-18 years old and pretty set in her ways.  They clashed a lot, so the bio mom stepped aside.

Charlotte is not that old, but I wouldn't want to keep pushing for a relationship/bond w/her b/c it only builds resentment as you said. I see Charlotte calling out Lulu for not liking Valentin and not being honest about her feelings, but I don't recall her ever doing the same to Valentin. It's all on Lulu. All the time. Everyone keeps on Lulu to make things right, make Charlotte happy, be nice to Valentin, stop fighting for her daughter . . . . . well, if I were her, I really would stop. And mostly b/c the little girl doesn't seem to want a relationship w/Lulu. 

I wouldn't fight Valentin in court for sole custody, joint, or even visits. At this point, I would tell Charlotte that I wanted her to be happy, and she seems the happiest when living w/her father so she could do that. I'd tell her she could see me on the weekends if she wanted, or just call me whenever. 

Everyone would line up to judge Lulu for abandoning her daughter, and who would be at the front of that line but Valentin and Nina? You're right, no one ever calls out Valentin for how disrespectful he is to Lulu and I am all but certain that in the last three years Charlotte must have overheard so many times that Valentin/Nina spoke badly to and/or about Lulu.

By the time Charlotte is sixteen and finds out the truth about what her beloved Papa did to her mother and basically everyone in her mother's family, it will be too late. I still don't see her wanting a real relationship with Lulu. 

• Love 5

I disagree with everyone saying that Lulu should give up on fighting for Charlotte and shouldn't push for a relationship with her daughter. Charlotte is between 6-10 (who the fuck knows how old she is). That is WAY, WAY too young for Lulu to give up on her. Like not even remotely close.

If Lulu gave up on Charlotte at this point or any point before she's SORASed to her early 20's (hell, even then, honestly), I'd judge her horribly as should everyone else.

Charlotte is a CHILD. Why on earth would Lulu give up on a pushing for a relationship with her child?

2 minutes ago, driver18 said:

I disagree with everyone saying that Lulu should give up on fighting for Charlotte and shouldn't push for a relationship with her daughter. Charlotte is between 6-10 (who the fuck knows how old she is). That is WAY, WAY too young for Lulu to give up on her. Like not even remotely close.

If Lulu gave up on Charlotte at this point or any point before she's SORASed to her early 20's (hell, even then, honestly), I'd judge her horribly as should everyone else.

Charlotte is a CHILD. Why on earth would Lulu give up on a pushing for a relationship with her child?

I don't want Lulu to give up, honestly, but the way the show is writing the story and writing Charlotte's affections, I don't see Lulu ever being given a fair shot in Charlotte's eyes as far as mother/daughter bonding. She so clearly and obviously prefers her papa, and even Nina (she didn't seem broken up at all when her stepfather Dante disappeared and off-screen divorced her mother.) Charlotte won't ever fully trust Lulu, I don't think, and she is quickly coming up on her tweenage/teenage years, and I just see it getting worse between Lulu/Charlotte, especially since Valentin and the others (even Lulu) are content to let Charlotte believe that Lulu "doesn't like" Valentin for insignificant reasons.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm torn in a case like this. Molly thought TJ had dumped her, so she didn't set out to deliberately hurt him or cheat on him. I think Kristina was right when she said Molly wanted to tell TJ about the ONS so Molly would feel better. But Molly was right that TJ would know something was wrong because the guilt was eating away at her.  

He's already suspicious that something's up and the longer she takes to tell him, the worse it will be.

• Love 6

I'm sorry but Charlotte is such a brat. I just wouldn't want to deal w/her or Valentin. I find both characters highly annoying, so if Valentin ran off w/Charlotte, I wouldn't care. That is probably for the best for Lulu. 

It would be one thing if it was just Valentin, but at every turn, Charlotte shows she doesn't even care about Lulu so I'd probably ask myself why I was trying so hard to be this girl's life when I'm clearly not wanted. And then the complete lack of any familial or friend support would just weigh on me. Having my supposed bestie and mom and everyone else in my ear constantly talking about all the harm I'm doing to poor Charlotte for caring that she not grow up to be a complete POS like her dad and casting me as the bad guy for caring would make me want to tear out my hair. LOL! 

So, for me it's the combination - Lulu is fighting Valentin, Charlotte, Maxie, Laura, Nina, etc. I'd just say, "Why don't you live w/your dad? That's fine w/me." To myself, I'd be saying, "I give up. I'm done." Again, I'm not saying, Lulu shouldn't take Charlotte's calls or visit w/her if Charlotte wants, but I'd be fine w/her letting Valentin have sole physical custody if I were Lulu. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I'm sorry but Charlotte is such a brat. I just wouldn't want to deal w/her or Valentin. I find both characters highly annoying, so if Valentin ran off w/Charlotte, I wouldn't care. That is probably for the best for Lulu. 

Best-case scenario is that on the way out the door the truth comes out that Valentin was, as he does, lying about Charlotte's maternity and Lulu isn't her mother.

• Love 5
On 4/27/2020 at 2:58 PM, dubbel zout said:

Previews: Why are some of them from the episode we just saw? That's not how previews work.

On 4/27/2020 at 5:23 PM, Ladyrain said:

I know!   I thought that was hilarious.  Someone in editing was asleep at the wheel.

Considering how much of each episode is flashback, I can’t blame the Preview Editors for mistaking some of the “old” scenes for new.  You don’t expect them to actually pay attention to this dreck, do you?  

I’ve started to automatically FF every time they start a flashback, and I just watched 2 episodes in less than an hour. So if nothing else, these flashbacks are handy time savers!

Re. Corinthos remodel: I had no attachment to the old living room (although I always found it oddly small for such a Wealthy Important Coffee Mogul), so I don’t really mind the redo. But it does seem rather cold and sterile, with all the marble and the lighted shelf cubicles. Kind of reminds me of a waiting room at a dermatology practice.

• Love 2

Am I the only one who thinks Molly will get pregnant from her ONS with Brando?  Extra soapy bonus points if he is involved with Sam by then.  Also, minus a few points, because it is Sam....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Regarding replaying scenes from the previous episodes? This isn't new. I remember when Robert found Robin back in 2013, at the end of the episode, Tristan clearly forgot to take off his wedding ring, because I saw it as he turned the knob to the door, right before Robin came screaming to hit whoever she thought was coming in. That episode ended with her saying "Daddy?"

Next day: We see Robert, AGAIN, turning the knob, this time sans wedding ring on his finger.

I also recall mentioning it here, well over on TWoP, and someone said it's done on purpose for...reasons. So clearly, not everything is done in one take.

But Sam can just take a million gazillion, fazillion SEATS and just STFU. I loved Brando not putting up with her shit and pushing back. I wish he'd said "Ohhhh, I'm soooo scared!" When she "threatened" him with "You'll have to deal with me" in her flat, sonorous voice.

Of COURSE Show wouldn't let the viewers see the conversation between Lulu and Valentin.

And I agree with others, and I also actually said it myself when I returned from the Barge: I see NO LOVE or AFFECTION from Sociopath-in-the-Making Charlotte, toward Lulu. Every single conversation is about her and her "Papa" and Nina. Nothing about Lulu.

But utter, utter snoozefest this week.

When is Robert coming back?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I see NO LOVE or AFFECTION from Sociopath-in-the-Making Charlotte, toward Lulu. Every single conversation is about her and her "Papa" and Nina. Nothing about Lulu.

Not only that but she blames Lulu for losing Nina and Windemere.  When she and Valentin were discussing the snake, she said she was upset over losing Windermere/Nina.  She specifically said, "I blame Ava, NIk and Sasha" then added, "I blame Mommy too".  Which pissed me off because the first three I understand but Lulu has done nothing but try to protect and love her.  Say what you will about Lulu, her job as a reporter and emme's portrayal, but Lulu's parenting should not be in question.  She's trying but getting nothing back from her daughter and no help from Valentin or Nina.  

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Am I the only one who thinks Molly will get pregnant from her ONS with Brando?

Yes, and I for one, will be pissed.  This is a girl who rails against marriage because it's an archaic institute but she doesn't use birth control in the 21st century.  Especially with a ONS who for all she knows could have every disease under the sun.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Not only that but she blames Lulu for losing Nina and Windemere. 

Which I found entirely reasonable, given her age and the circumstances. It's the same as Trina blaming Curtis for Taggert getting shot.

16 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Lulu's parenting should not be in question. 

I disagree. Her love for Charlotte shouldn't be questioned, but Lulu hasn't shown the best judgment when it comes to how to integrate Charlotte into her life and vice versa. She's constantly threatening taking Valentin to court, valid reasons or not, and Charlotte sees that as taking away her father. Why these three aren't in court-ordered therapy is beyond me. I don't need to see it, of course, but it would be nice if we knew that was happening. They desperately need to sit down with a professional. Lulu and Valentin never need to like each other, but they have to be able to work together on what's best for Charlotte. And if they disagree on that, that's why there's therapy. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

While I don't think a 10 year old (or however old Charlotte is this week) should dictate whether or not she has a relationship with her mother, she got over Claudette pretty quickly; I'm sure she will forget about Lulu even quicker.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Not only that but she blames Lulu for losing Nina and Windemere.  When she and Valentin were discussing the snake, she said she was upset over losing Windermere/Nina.  She specifically said, "I blame Ava, NIk and Sasha" then added, "I blame Mommy too".  Which pissed me off because the first three I understand but Lulu has done nothing but try to protect and love her.  Say what you will about Lulu, her job as a reporter and emme's portrayal, but Lulu's parenting should not be in question.  She's trying but getting nothing back from her daughter and no help from Valentin or Nina.  

The fact that Valentin changed his mind after barely a day as far as walking away from Charlotte pretty much proves he was just manipulating Laura to get to Lulu. I'm surprised Laura fell for it.

I don't know why Charlotte is so attached to Wyndamere, but does she not know that Wyndamere is her uncle and cousin's home? That, if she wanted, her mother would take her to visit? 

42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why these three aren't in court-ordered therapy is beyond me. I don't need to see it, of course, but it would be nice if we knew that was happening. They desperately need to sit down with a professional. Lulu and Valentin never need to like each other, but they have to be able to work together on what's best for Charlotte. And if they disagree on that, that's why there's therapy. 

I remember specifically that way at the beginning of the Charlotte story Lulu wanted family therapy for all of them (specifically her and Valentin and Charlotte, but also Dante and Nina) and Valentin immediately said no, that wouldn't be happening. 

Edited by LexieLily

What has been the point of Nikolas’ return? I’m hoping he has a storyline coming up because it’s really starting to feel like they just brought him back to help redeem Valentin. Not that I think attempted murder is much better than actual murder but the shown is definitely treating it like it is. Now we have people telling Lulu she has to act more reasonable towards Valentin and Alexis reaching out to him when she previously wanted nothing to do with him. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

What has been the point of Nikolas’ return? I’m hoping he has a storyline coming up because it’s really starting to feel like they just brought him back to help redeem Valentin. Not that I think attempted murder is much better than actual murder but the shown is definitely treating it like it is. Now we have people telling Lulu she has to act more reasonable towards Valentin and Alexis reaching out to him when she previously wanted nothing to do with him. 

This is why I was always worried about Nikolas ever returning, that it would only be used as a way to absolve Valentin of his "main" crime and thus show Lulu as unreasonable for continuing to hate him and trying to keep Charlotte away from him. This Nikolas has barely had any scenes with his family and is mostly with Ava and sometimes Franco/Liz. I don't think we ever got any scenes where Nikolas learned all that Valentin did to Lulu, Laura, and Spencer, much less how he now has a niece and how she came to exist, did we?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

The whole point of the Valentin/Lulu stuff is because it's easy filler crap for the writers to do. No brain power required.

Sadly, I have to agree with this. They barely need to change the dialogue. Some poor assistant probably has to do the copy and paste.

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

I remember specifically that way at the beginning of the Charlotte story Lulu wanted family therapy for all of them (specifically her and Valentin and Charlotte, but also Dante and Nina) and Valentin immediately said no, that wouldn't be happening. 

Wasn't Lulu insulted that her initial visits with Charlotte had to be with a court-ordered supervisor?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wasn't Lulu insulted that her initial visits with Charlotte had to be with a court-ordered supervisor?

She was, I do remember that. Valentin was the one to say that he hoped the visits would fail.

Let me make it simple for everyone.

Charlotte should never have existed in the first place. This is one of  the worst ideas the bozos had. Nina and Valentin are the bestest parents, Lulu is the devil. The scariest Cassadine evah is an overindulging wimp. 

There are no winners with this storyline, only losers. And that includes all of us who have to slug through Charlotte being an evil chucky doll, Valentin trying not to cry every other second, Lulu breathlessly badmouthing Valentin, trying to discipline her daughter who then runs off to be with the overindulgent parent who buys her ponies and gives her credit cards. Charlotte is like any douche nozzle socialite with a reality TV show.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

Am I the only one who thinks Molly will get pregnant from her ONS with Brando? 

I think she'll get pregnant and everyone will worry it could be Brando's, and it will turn out Brando can't father a child - and all of a sudden the whole Dev story comes out.

Brando was really, really confident when he first came to town that he could never be Dev's father (I mean, despite the fact that we know Dev wasn't his)...something to do with him never having fathered a child. I noticed it at the time, and thought it was weird. I was wondering whether he was maybe gay and knew he'd never slept with a woman. But now that we've had him and Molly hooking up, I'm wondering if this is where this is going.

Why is Dev still around by the way? What is the purpose of him?

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Why is Dev still around by the way? What is the purpose of him?

To have a quad with Cam, Joss and Trina.  I don't mind the kid.  It's not like he's shoved down our throats or anything.  Today was the first day we've seen him in months and he barely had two lines.  

My Chillow loving heart broke into a million pieces today, when Chase was sitting on the floor in the dark after Willow left.  Ugh.  I can never have anything nice.  I do appreciate that Finn was the first one to realize the truth, before Carly did.  

• Love 7

Once again, they have Nelle overplay her hand. Her custody "compromise" is ridiculous. If Michael's sudden single status is a problem, why isn't Nelle's as a widow? She's single, too. Ugh.

I wonder if Carly will yell at Chase the next time she sees him.

7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Chase was sitting on the floor in the dark after Willow left

Why didn't he just come out and say the whole thing was a dumb setup so Willow would be free to marry Michael? I hate it when something can be cleared up with a simple, direct conversation but instead is dragged out because no one does that. Don't bury the lede!

How noble of Sonny to "allow" Brando to go back to Chicago.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I don’t know what to say about this episode. Michael and Willow hitting the tree made me irrationally angry and I still don’t care about any of their angst. I don’t fell sorry for Michael or Monica and Bobbie for that matter. Nelle is right and it’s impossible to root for the “good side” in this when they’re are the ones being shady. It doesn’t help that Nelle is infinitely more entertaining than Michael/Willow/Sasha/Chase combined.

The Carly and Sasha scenes were almost the same as the Chase and Finn ones and of course they had to have Carly see through the lie. I also didn’t get the point of the Julian/Brook Lynn scene. The only guess I could come up with is that Dustin is somehow involved with Cyrus and tells him so that Cyrus now has something to force Julian’s hand. 

• Love 7

I'm having a rage fit about hurting that tree. Not only do trees feel pain, they will nurture the saplings of other species which already makes them better than Carly and her clique.

Other than that, a meh episode.  Cameron and Trina were cute, but Joss and Dev were filler although I laughed at how glad they were to be able to get out of the house and see a movie.  I feel ya, kids.  Sonny posed as a wise paterfamilias and Brando had to kiss the ring. I don't buy Portia as someone that the nurses would love and who deserves the position if Head of Internal Medicine,

I feel sorry for both Willow and Chase, more for Chase, but it's a soap opera. Does Willow really think that Wylie will be there at the custody

Nelle, Bobbie is a nurse, she doesn't have a medical license to lose.

8 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Why is Carly more upset about Sasha cheating on Michael than Michael is?

Carly cares about Sasha more than Michael does.  She is Carly's perfect daughter-in-law, someone who will treat Michael as a child because she knows better than he does.

• Love 1

what is happening with Portia?  When they first brought her on, I could have sworn she was supposed to be a pediatrician.  Then they had her take care of MIke, making me think she was into geriatrics.  Then today, she's telling LIz that she wants to be head of internal medecine.  So which is it?  Also, why the whole story about her putting her name in for that?  Who's going to go up against her?  Weird.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

How did Sonny fix it so that the kids aren't housebound and Brando can leave? That dumb whisperthreat stuff with Cyrus recently? Sonny really thinks that's all finished? 

And Dev's ID is still completely fake, which has nothing to do with Cyrus anyway.

25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Nelle, Bobbie is a nurse, she doesn't have a medical license to lose.

Bobbie could lose her nursing license.

25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm having a rage fit about hurting that tree.

It's vandalism. I wish a park ranger had come along and fined Michael and Willow.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Her custody "compromise" is ridiculous.

I adore Chloe and most of the time Nelle amuses me but that today was just dumb.  "You give me everything and we'll go our merry way".  Really?  You thought he'd go for that?  Nina told her she needs to compromise with MIchael.  

34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why would she need to?  She knows the plan, and ten bucks says she's heading over to find MIchael right now to insist that he marry Willow now that Chase is out of the picture.  

35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why didn't he just come out and say the whole thing was a dumb setup so Willow would be free to marry Michael?

Because that would make the most sense and is what EVERY. FAN. wants.  Therefore, it won't happen.  

32 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

and of course they had to have Carly see through the lie.

I, for one, didn't have a problem with that.  It helped that Finn figured it out first.  But also Carly is the queen of the lying liars, so she should be able to see right through another lying liar.  Especially since Sasha seems to be a terrible liar, with the jitteryness and such.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
51 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why would she need to?  She knows the plan, and ten bucks says she's heading over to find MIchael right now to insist that he marry Willow now that Chase is out of the picture.  

I wrote this before seeing the entire episode. I just hate it that when there's cheating, it's the woman who always gets raked over the coals.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Carly cares about Sasha more than Michael does.  She is Carly's perfect daughter-in-law, someone who will treat Michael as a child because she knows better than he does.

I haven’t thought about it that way but it makes sense. Carly doesn’t have a good history of getting along with Michael’s girlfriends so of course she’s more invested in this relationship than Michael is. 

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I adore Chloe and most of the time Nelle amuses me but that today was just dumb.  "You give me everything and we'll go our merry way".  Really?  You thought he'd go for that?  Nina told her she needs to compromise with MIchael.  

I thought the compromise was bad at first UNTIL she mentioned that Monica and Bobbie wouldn't be losing their licenses and GH would be fine, in effect, meaning that she would drop her lawsuit against the hospital. And THAT is a huge compromise. Michael may have been an idiot and called it bogus--and I'm glad she pointed out that it was not--but withdrawing her lawsuit against GH and Bobbie/Monica is a big deal.

An elective surgery was performed on her infant child without her permission. Permission that she had very openly, vehemently expressly denied. She claims her signature was forged when she was locked on the roof by the daughter of one of the defendants named in the suit, a high-ranking nurse on staff and she almost died. Multiple witnesses, including staff, can attest to her medical state.

Finally, the document that could prove or disprove the forgery claim can't be found anywhere--which is a HIPAA violation and that alone will get GH fined thousands of dollars. Monica, as chief of staff, and involved with the decisions regarding this particular surgery is definitely on the hook for this.

So, yes, both of their licenses could go bye-bye and the hospital could very easily be found liable for millions and millions of dollars. I'd say full custody, allowing Michael visitation every other weekend, alternating holidays AND dropping that 'set Nelle up for life financially and destroy Carly's mother's career and hurt Michael really, really badly by destroying the lives/careers of both of his grandmothers' lawsuit is a FREAKING huge compromise on her part.

Especially when if you think about it, we all know that any counter-offer from Michael would include Nelle having absolutely nothing to do with Wiley at all. He just wants full custody with Nelle never seeing her son and him not even knowing that she's his mother, period.

Of the two, Nelle is being much more reasonable. It is Michael who is being combative and unreasonable. She did genuinely offer him a compromise and one that was detrimental to her and would likely cost her millions of dollars.

Edited by driver18
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, driver18 said:

n effect, meaning that she would drop her lawsuit against the hospital. And THAT is a huge compromise.

Granted.  But there is no way Michael was going to go for full custody, no matter what.  If she'd set her sights a wee bit lower, and offered joint custody, in exchange for dropping the lawsuit, he might have gone for that.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Granted.  But there is no way Michael was going to go for full custody, no matter what.  If she'd set her sights a wee bit lower, and offered joint custody, in exchange for dropping the lawsuit, he might have gone for that.  

Of course not, but he could have negotiated with her instead of going on a tirade. She opened the door to a compromise. Why does *she* have to be the one lower it? She already set her sights damn low. She literally is giving up potentially millions of dollars here by dropping the lawsuit and offering as well visitation and alternating holidays.

He could work with that, work with her and and negotiate with her, but nope, he just went on a rant about how she's the worst, most evil. It's just so hypocritical when his freaking father is Sonny, his mother is Carly, and he called the lawsuit bogus when it most definitely is not.

Edited by driver18
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
25 minutes ago, driver18 said:

n effect, meaning that she would drop her lawsuit against the hospital. And THAT is a huge compromise.

I think the lawsuit was always something Nelle was willing to drop. It's access to Wiley that's the crux of all of this. The other stuff is negotiable. And as for losing millions of dollars, assuming Nelle gets some sort of custody, child support should also be a part of that. It won't be a giant lump sum, but she'll get something. 

Michael won't ever compromise on custody, which really makes me want the judge to completely see through the idiotic marriage to Willow that's inevitably going to happen and laugh in his face, saying, "Yeah, that makes no difference. You guys are going to share custody of this poor kid and the court is going to keep a close eye on things to make sure neither of you violate my rulings."

Does Nelle still have a number that the Qs can give her and she'll go away? Or has that been dropped/resolved?

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Of course not, but he could have negotiated with her instead of going on a tirade. She opened the door to a compromise. Why does *she* have to be the one lower it? She already set her sights damn low. She literally is giving up potentially millions of dollars here by dropping the lawsuit and offering as well visitation and alternating holidays.

He could work with that, work with her and and negotiate with her, but nope, he just went on a rant about how she's the worst, most evil. It's just so hypocritical when his freaking father is Sonny, his mother is Carly, and he called the lawsuit bogus when it most definitely is not.

You're forgetting one salient point: the SLS doesn't do anything without his mommy's permission. Or that he just lets her and Mooby fight his battles for him. He's just all flapping and talk. He doesn't do shit. So even if he had agreed? No way would the SheBeast let him honor it.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

Willow isn't just dopey and way too obsessed with Wiley--she's got a pitiful small wardrobe. 

Brando has proven himself to be a pretty nice guy, but his one giant character flaw, that being another Sonny ass-kisser, makes me wish he really missed the deep dish and high-tailed it back to Chicago.

• Love 5