Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

LOL at Maura's intro, complete with martini.

Another LOL at Ava's "scar," which is basically way too much bronzer.

"You're too selfish to nuture anyone!" As always, why didn't lightning strike Sonny when those words left his mouth? He's so awful to Ava when it comes to Avery, though Ava bears some of the blame by not taking him back to court to settle Avery's custody once and for all.

I watch that OR scene now and think, "I hope the show donated all that PPE to local hospitals."

• Love 2
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Would I love it if cheapassFrank would air flashbacks from the Golden Era? Of course! I mean, neither Rebecca Budig or the actor who played Griffin is on the show any longer, yet we got flashbacks featuring them and Vinessa last week. So I don't see why they can't "help us through this" as everyfrickin' company/celeb/banks are saying and give us these classic episodes with awesome production values. Put your money where your FUCKING Mouth is, Frank!

Who has the rights to Night Shift? Because I'd TOTALLY watch that! Especially the second season with Robert's cancer story.

Anyone else remember, way back in the day, when ABC bridged the gap between the end of The City and the beginning of Port Charles with A Daytime to Remember? It was classic episodes of General Hospital, One Life to Live, and All My Children.  What I wouldn't give to see something like that again because I haven't watched GH regularly since around 2005 and have been trying to get back into it now that I'm home all day, but I just can't. Instead of watching any of the current soaps, I've been going to youtube to re-watch 90s AMC and GH and to watch Santa Barbara for the first time.

• Love 1

Steph J:

I am a big Santa Barbara fan and hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I discovered it about the time when Mason and Mary got together and from all reports that was the best time to begin.

I wish ABC would show some actual classic episodes like Y&R is doing. That would be a treat.

• Love 2

All I gotta say is damn, Maura West and Bryan Craig really do have great chemistry. I still think that they messed up by screwing those two up. They hit gold with that pairing and they just flushed them down the toilet. I still hope and dream that it will be revealed that Avery is actually Morgan's daughter.... and it will happen when Morgan comes back. Muahahaha!

(Yes, I had high hopes for Ava/Nicolas, and I still like them... but dang, that's going nowhere fast.)

• Love 7
On 4/15/2020 at 9:13 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

If Willow wants a baby so bad, then get Chase to get her pregnant.

That's rather harsh. Nelle was totally fine with Willow believing Wiley was her own child because it was a convenient cover that protected Nelle and Brad's deception, Then Nelle went to Willow's home, forced her way in, assaulted Willow, and tried to leave with Wiley. In the court room, she said to Willow's face something like 'hey, we wouldn't be in this position if you hadn't decided you didn't want your baby and gave him up for adoption.'  In a scene at Julian's bar, she said to Willow something like "your baby's dead, deal with it. He's my son and I'll do what I want."

If I happened to be Willow's sister or best friend, I would want to throat punch Nelle several times for those actions. Willow loves Wiley, wants him to be where he will be loved. She knows personally that Nelle is both dangerous and has shown she doesn't actually care about things like Wiley identifying with his name, or that he's formed bonds with Willow, Michael, and anyone else. I get the impression that she will happily use Wiley to manipulate men/people to get what she wants (just like Carly) until he's old enough to get away from her.

Willow genuinely loves Wiley and though her brain now understands he is not her son, her heart feels like he is - especially after all the time she has spent with him at the encouragement of Lucas, Michael and eventually Brad. She is not wrong, from a mother's perspective, to think Nelle is a threat to Wiley.  Yes, she should have therapy/counseling to help with the emotional trauma of finding out that her baby died. Going to Nina to ask for an article about how horrible Nelle is was definitely a bad idea, but overall I don't see her as totally crazy and out of line about wanting Wiley to be protected from Nelle.  

Also, Willow having a baby with Chase would neither replace her son who died nor stop her from loving Wiley and wanting him to be safe from Nelle. That is as offensive as if someone had suggested to Elizabeth that she get pregnant again when she was raising Cam and Aiden yet missing Jake in the aftermath of his "death."

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

First, HI! @Bringonthedrama!!! I was getting worrit about you when I hadn't seen you post in almost two weeks?

As for Willow, okay, mabe my comment was harsh. I in no way meant that I'm on Nelle's side. But I'm so sick and tired of her overly sacchariney and obsession with Wiley. I get it; she thought he was her son for nearly two years; bonded with him. It's the entire story line is just so stupid. SheBeast is the poster child for using your child as a weapon to manipulate and get what you want. Because even if she marries the SLS, she still won't have any say in the decisions when it comes to Wiley's medical care--future surgeries, etc. At this point, I want them to get married, only to have the judge give Nelle full custody just because, It's got nothing to do with me wanting Nelle to have custody because I like her; because I don't.

And hello!!!! Original Kate (Meghan of the hair that brought world peace!) in Ava's anesthesia laden hallucinations. So relieved that her waking up immediately and given the ibuprofen was part of her dream, because I was banging my head against the proverbial wall at that.

Because for a show called GENERAL HOSPITAL that used to at least get some of the hospital things right, and as someone who has undergone several surgeries, NO WAY does a patient just waking up, get any kind of pill in the fucking OR. You're taken to recovery. EVEN for outpatient surgery! And at least ONE FINGER has its nail polish removed!!!!

OF COURSE in her guilt-ridden halllucination would Avery hate her and blame her for everything and Mooby was in the right.

And OMGEEE. That "scar" was beyond laughable. There wasn't EVEN a scar when the makeup was removed and Ava was in the OR. Her cheek was smooth and white!

Wow. Seeing Michelle Stafford just brought home, sharply that Watros should have been brought in as a new character. She doesn't have the edge/hardness that Michelle's Nina brought to the table.

I wish Ava had thrown in Mooby's face how he also murdered AJ! Even if she provoked it. Too bad they couldn't let him keep his mumbly mouth shut. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

overall I don't see her as totally crazy and out of line about wanting Wiley to be protected from Nelle.  

I think she's not wrong to want Wylie to be safe. But it's how completely she's bought into the "Nelle is a sociopath and only wants to Wylie to manipulate Carly/Michael" that loses me.

If that were true, Nelle wouldn't have wanted to hold Wylie in the hospital because that could give her game away. She wouldn't have tried to take Wylie overseas but just lived on the money from Valentine.

I find Nelle wanting to know more whether the operation is necessary for a toddler to be reasonable especially considering that she is still suffering effects from her own surgery.I hate that no one on that whole anti-Nelle teams thought to talk to her about her concerns or talk to her as if she was a real person. They all just jumped to Nelle wanting to hurt Wylie for her own devious plans.

It's not the sentiment but the blinkeredness that too much for me. Even Stalin loved his daughter.

• Love 8
On 4/16/2020 at 6:59 PM, DanaMB said:

I was catching up and had to come here to find out what the fuck was up with all these flashbacks. I ended up deleting two shows before it even finished. 

No worries! I’m sure you’ll have another chance to see any scenes you deleted, when they show up again as flashbacks! 😉

• LOL 4

Dear show,

Not everyone is a Corinthos fan and we don't care to see them inserted into everything bossing people around.

Thank you

I have no idea why they brought Nik back if everyone is just going to rag on him. He is a freaking Cassadine, Helenas grandson, and prince of Windemere. Under no circumstance should he even have let Sonny THINK he can talk to him any way he wants. Speaking of the castle and mooby. It seems Avery has been there but we are to believe Nik and Sonny haven't seen each other? And does the bodyguard have to go to Windemere too?

There seems to have been a shift in the Nik/Ava story. At first it looked like they might fall for each other, but i haven't seen any of that since they left Italy. If they are not going to bring the brat home, i don't want to hear how he spends his days and nights talking to these adults 🙄about how much he hates his father. Does he not have any friends in Hogwarts academy? He should be in school and they should be encouraging him to connect with the only parent he has. And Nik needs to bring him back, he has that right as his FATHER.

I don't like Franco but i have been enjoying the friendship and chemistry between him and Ava. It helps that it seems the actor is now playing a different character with the name, Franco. Boy how times have changed. Freako once kidnapped Aiden and Avery and now he can be alone with them.

I am tired of Willows obsession with William. I hope her and Michael get married and it cost him custody, then Willow leaves town. So William is still in the hospital.

I don't know if the flashbacks are just to pad time or if they are also added for storyline purposes but some of the Hayden flashbacks would lead one to believe Finn still loves her and a triangle was brewing.

It was nice to have Anna not give Jason any information. He wasn't prepared for that shutdown.

The Peter stuff has gone on for so long that i don't care about the outcome. If the actor isn't leaving, this can only get worse.

Im not sure why Jason can't be around the kids. Renault has been around for months now so he knows who is who. Will he just ignore them when he goes to Quartermaine manor? Where does he currently live?

• Love 5

I finally watched Wednesday and Thursday’s episodes. Man! Half of the show was flashbacks. There’s no way there making it through next month if they are showing this many flashbacks now. Anyhoo, hopefully the snake will eat Charlotte. God lord! Enough with this kid. The Scooby Doo Gang of Michael, Sasha, Willow & Chase are too dumb and boring for me. Zzzzzzzzzzz! I will say Sam looked pretty yesterday at the birthday party. It hasn’t done anything for KM acting but you can’t have everything. Also, MB is a horrible actor. He fumbled his first line out of his mouth. He couldn’t even get the words out with stammering. He’s beyond awful but yet he is praised by the whole cast.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

First, HI! @Bringonthedrama!!! I was getting worrit about you when I hadn't seen you post in almost two weeks?

As for Willow, okay, mabe my comment was harsh. I in no way meant that I'm on Nelle's side.d it. 

Aww, it's kind of you to worry about me. I haven't been paying much attention to GH due to exhaustion from real life responsibilities and concerns, such as work and family during this pandemic. It's surreal that my ID must be scanned through my closed window when I drive onto the military base in Maryland. I'm also concerned for family. For example, a cousin's husband has been exposed to COVID-19 several times (they have three young children), and they lost a friend to the virus (the woman went into the hospital and died the next day).

I'm glad you're not on Nelle's side. In a way, Willow is the biggest victim in the whole situation IMO. Her trauma started with her mother and Shiloh when she was a teenager. While I feel bad for Lucas, a tiny part of me feels he's not entirely a victim because he knew Brad's history when they got married. Willow should have a place in Wiley's life, but this "Michael and Willow get married" idea is idiotic. I would rather see Lucas and Willow as co-parents who are also friends. I do not want to see Chase and Willow break up. They are one of the very rare good couples on this show.

I watched parts of Violet's birthday party on Friday night, and my reaction was "Anna and Robert together look like they are Violet's doting grandparents." Isn't Violet around the same age as Robin and Patrick's son, Noah? I continue to not find Finn and Anna believable as a couple in love.  FH and TR have a strong chemistry together that FH and ME together just have always lacked.  

• Love 5

Willow needs therapy and a lot of it. She is transferring all her feelings for her dead child onto Wiley. She accused Brad of throwing away her child and forgetting about him, but she has essentially done the same thing. Instead of truly mourning her son, living w/the loss, and dealing w/the grief, she's putting all her energy and love into Wiley.  She is weirdly obsessed w/Wiley. It's not healthy. It wasn't healthy when she thought he was her son, and it's esp not healthy now that she knows he isn't.

Willow gave up her son for adoption. She made that choice. It seems like she never dealt w/that decision, and it's clear she regrets making it but that is the choice she made. I had issues w/Willow back when she thought Wiley was her son. It was never healthy for her to be so involved in her child's life esp since it was a closed adoption. She should have never told Brucas she was the "mother" of their child. She should have never involved herself so deeply in her "child's" life, and I don't care if Brad asked her to babysit or whatever. She should have said no. If his show were decent and even a little realistic, they'd show her having a breakdown or something b/c her obsession w/Wiley is too much. It wasn't good when she thought he was her son, and it is esp. not good now. Chase should be encouraging her to let Wiley go, not setting it up for her to marry Michael. And what's the plan after they marry? It's not like Nelle is losing her parental rights. Is Michael just going to ditch Willow a couple of months later? Is Willow just going to keep being some fake stepmother to Wiley? What happens if Sasha and Michael want to marry? What is this? 

If Michael were a man and a halfway decent friend, he wouldn't be bothering Willow w/his custody problems. He had sex w/a woman he no longer likes, and she had his kid. Oh well. Too bad. So sad. Deal with it. If you don't want babies, Michael, don't have sex or use protection. I couldn't care less about his custody battle w/Nelle. I have seen ZERO evidence that Nelle doesn't love her son or would hurt him, so all the uproar and fuss that Wiley has to be protected fall on deaf ears w/me. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 9

Willow did deal with her issues over giving her son up.  She was totally cool with him being adopted by Lucas and Brad, after Julian talked to her anyway.  She respected the boundaries about not getting involved with Wiley until his parents decided to first allow her access and then to ask her to be his every day caregiver, which really blurred the lines.  And now people are practically begging her to play mommy to Wiley, so I don't think this is all about the dead baby, I think a lot of it has to do with the connection she has formed to Wiley himself, and her deep belief that protecting a child is the be all end all, which led her to putting her baby up for adoption in the first place.

• Love 5

These flashbacks interspersed with about five minutes of current scenes are really annoying.  I already have so much to FF through (all things Carly, Sonny, Jason and Sam), and now I have to ff through another 45 minutes.   I get that they are trying to stretch this out, but it just makes me want to bail altogether cause it is so annoying.  I don't think the other soaps are doing this, at least not to this extent.  On Days when they show flashbacks they are mostly vintage, which is fun and interesting.

Y and R is showing a weekly classic episode, also interesting.  But just inserting filler flashbacks from the recent past, nope.

threatening soap opera GIF by General Hospital

• Love 4
3 hours ago, bannana said:

These flashbacks interspersed with about five minutes of current scenes are really annoying.  I already have so much to FF through (all things Carly, Sonny, Jason and Sam), and now I have to ff through another 45 minutes.   I get that they are trying to stretch this out, but it just makes me want to bail altogether cause it is so annoying.  I don't think the other soaps are doing this, at least not to this extent.  On Days when they show flashbacks they are mostly vintage, which is fun and interesting.

I agree.  I wish they'd just show the rest of what they have and then play classic (actual classic) episodes.   A show that is 50% flashback is just a big yawn.  

• Love 5

I hate all the flashbacks, as well. I get annoyed with how many there are (sometimes I think they makeup more than half the show) that I end up spacing out. Then I get confused as to whether I am watching a flashback or not. Just air the dang episode as intended. Then, when you run out, you can do themed weeks like teen week where you show episodes that feature Liz, Lucky, Nik, Emily, etc., music week with Ned, Noah, Nurses Mall performances, etc., mob week where I catch up on my house cleaning, Quartermain week, and things like that. 

Then again, these morons would probably give us Sonny week, Carly week, Jason week, Sam week, Carson week, Jasam week, Carly- Jason week, Sonny-Jason week. That's a hard pass from me.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Just read that GH has enough epidoses in the can to Last through may. Of course if they keep stretching them with 45 min of flashbacks they'll probably have enough to last through July! 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

With Y&R and B&B ending their original episodes this week it shouldn't be long for GH. Even then I think FV will never show true classics. We'll be stuck with episodes within the last year as classics.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

They killed off Holly for absolutely no reason because... Why

I dont' think she's actually dead.  Peter called someone to say that he needed Robert distracted.  I think Robert got that call and will head out to wherever Holly was and will find out that she isn't dead.  It's just a means for Peter to get him out of his hair for a bit.  

So, Sasha and Chase's intelligent idea is to have Willow catching them making out so that Willow and Michael will break up with them and go ahead with the marriage.  Sure.  Makes perfect sense.  Except Willow is far more intelligent than that and if this were a well written show, tomorrow's episode would open with her, saying to the two idiots on the couch, "knock it off morons".  But I'm sure, instead, we'll have her be all, 'I can't believe you two would do this" and storm off.  So stupid.  I still need a clear understanding of why it's better for MIchael to marry Willow.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 10

There are no words for this dumb AF quadrangle of Willow/Chase/Sasha/Michael and how they are absolutely trying to force Willow/Michael. It's pretty revolting. Why would anyone ever listen to Sasha. She's not all that bright.

Jeebus, this whole thing so very stupid and unwatchable.

Anna and Maxie are also unwatchable. When are we going to be done with Peter? Seriously. Someone. When?

• Love 11

I am getting quite tired of the rebooted, in love with Finn, oh-so-maternal  Anna. Since she was just a family friend of Robin for the first 5 or 6 years of her own daughter's life, she can back off criticizing Robert about his eager or non-eager participation at the over the top  birthday party of a 5 year old with whom he has only a tenuous connection. And if he was invited only because he was expected to help clean up, more power to him for finding a reason to leave. Between this and her obsession with the life of her non-son, my respect for the super spy formerly known as Anna Devane is wearing pretty thin. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

There are no words for this dumb AF quadrangle of Willow/Chase/Sasha/Michael and how they are absolutely trying to force Willow/Michael. It's pretty revolting. Why would anyone ever listen to Sasha. She's not all that bright.

Jeebus, this whole thing so very stupid and unwatchable.

Anna and Maxie are also unwatchable. When are we going to be done with Peter? Seriously. Someone. When?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Love 3

Yeah, Holly's not dead. If they didn't kill Taggart (I'm assuming), they didn't kill Holly offscreen.

I"m glad Laura came clean to Lulu about intercepting the message from Valentin. And that she's finally seeing shades of grey in Valentin. Also nice look between Valentin and Helena's granddaughter acknowledging who brought the snake.

When Charlotte was complaining that it was better when she and her father lived at Windermere, Lulu or Laura should have said "Spencer felt the same way when he had to move out".

I am so done with "Sonny is a tough mob boss" scenes.  Why would Cyrus have any leverage on Jordan now that TJ is out? Yes, he can call her a bad cop but Jordan can call say she was forced to do it.

Spinelli's little obscure phraseology (pater familias) was quirky in a young man. In a fortysomething, it's not cute any more. I think I might be able to tolerate him though if he's in scenes with Robert. Robert Scorpio makes everything better although the writing is still mob-oriented to give Spinella an advantage he doesn't deserve.

Willow needs mental health help stat and Chase and Sasha are only making her worse. Willow's speech about how she can't help her student who is being pressured  The only sensible thing she said all episode is "hurt people hurt". The whole Mason air quotes "on track" "good college" and she can't say anything was ridiculous. As if good colleges didn't have art programs.

4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why would anyone ever listen to Sasha. She's not all that bright.

x 1000. On the other hand, she's perfect for Michael

• Love 5

Sooo I'm guessing that the writers are secretly wanting the audience to root for Nelle in this Wiley story?...

...By featuring four unbelievably fucking stupid people as its protagonists?

I mean, clever strategy I guess Writers.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I don’t get the writing for the Michael quad, it’s so idiotic. Chase and Willow had plans so he obviously knew she was coming over and we’re really supposed to buy Willow believing that he was cheating on her? They’re so clearly setting it up for Michael and Willow to get involved and then find out that Chase and Sasha were faking all along. Where is the angst in a storyline like that? Chase and Sasha are dumb for pretending and Michael and Willow will feel guilty for 5 seconds only to have everyone tell them that it wasn’t their fault because they couldn’t have known. I guess bright side is they don’t have to bother trying to make Michael and Willow look like a sexy couple now since they won’t be cheating and they can continue to make their relationship 100% about Wiley. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I still need a clear understanding of why it's better for MIchael to marry Willow.  

The family court system in Port Charles is apparently still under the antediluvian opinion that two parents are better than one, even if the two parents are slapped together solely to look good for the court. And Willow has a pretty spotless past, so marrying her specifically is supposedly helpful.

The entire thing is galactically stupid.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I need an eyeroll emoticon for this foursome:

Michael: Come over tonight, Willow, so I can talk you through the testimony.

Willow: How about tomorrow, Michael? Chase and I have a special evening planned.

Michael: Tonight is Wylie's last night in the hospital. We're going home tomorrow.

Willow: Oh, then we have to do it tonight because he'll be home tomorrow. Let me just go home and tell Chase.

Is there some reason that Michael and Willow can't go over her testimony while Wylie plays or sleeps? Parents the world over have been getting stuff done with their kids around.

Everything about this storyline is phenomenally stupid, although Carly and Sonny demanding full custody of Wylie is at least consistent with the Corinthos baby-stealing.

• Love 7

So, is this the last of Robert for the foreseeable future? Heinrik tried to get rid of him once--a couple years ago--telling Valentin to handle it. And we all know what happened there.

Please let Robert return this week or next, and let him cold cock Heinrik and show actual proof that Anna's nonMySON was responsible.

And I also want a horsie.

• Love 5
On 4/15/2020 at 6:36 AM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Willow and Chase were one of the few couples on this show who behaved maturely and were just enjoyable. Why do the writers refuse to let us have anything nice? I'm not opposed to drama (I mean, it is a soap) but this is just annoying.

Yeah, it’s like their maturity and honesty with each other is completely thrown out of the window for this ridiculous marriage/custody story.  I keep getting the sense that TIIC are trying to position Michael/CD as a lead or successor to one of the big four, and am not sure the character or the actor is well-positioned for that (though...not a high bar).

On 4/15/2020 at 12:22 PM, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, watching Nik kiss the Corinthos ring is so disappointing. He should have told Sonny to shove it and left. Nik doesn't own Sonny anything.

As retcons go, Sonny taking to Spencer every night wasn’t a huge stretch but god if it didn’t insert Sonny right into another SL.  And with a bonus whisper scream/threat too.  

On 4/15/2020 at 12:28 PM, ffwbe said:

Was yesterday’s party prep episode and today’s party originally 1 episode?

That’s what it’s felt like since the flashbacks have started, as I think this is the second time we’ve gotten a pair of episodes focused on the same set of characters.

On 4/16/2020 at 4:38 PM, nilyank said:

So that was a whole lot of kids today. Were they related to the cast members and crew like do for the Christmas episodes?

My first cynical thought was “child extras much be a lot cheaper than adult extras,” but I like your explanation a lot better!

I’m mixed on how I feel about the flashbacks.  There are so many that I can’t help but be annoyed, but then we get a few thrown in that are cool (Dante) or amusing (Peter’s various hair styles).  Flashing back to the same GH day is a little much, though.

• Love 1

A large reason this Chase/Michael/Sasha/Willow storyline is failing for me is I don't see the urgency of the situation.  These four adults are so worried about this kid, and I just don't get it. It's not resonating w/me, so all of this seems so unnecessary. 

I know I'm supposed to hate Nelle and think it would be awful if she got custody of Wiley, but I don't. That's the problem when almost all of the cast is full of murderers and criminals. What makes Nelle so different than Valentin? Why can he have his daughter, but she can't have her son? 

I'm just not sure why I'm supposed to care if Nelle and Michael have to share custody. That's fine and normal. I guess Michael realizes he's so weak and ineffectual in life that Nelle's influence on Wiley will dominate or something?!!? LOL! He cannot parent a child when he is still being parented. But that's his problem, not Nelle's! 

Oh well. Anyway, this story is lame. I hope Nelle still wins (even if it's brief), but she probably won't. 

Edited by lala2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

I could actually see it going Nelle’s way. If it was anyone else, I’d say it’s a done deal but the show is strangely in love with her and now they are tying her to Nina who they are also inexplicably in love with. After those “Carly” episodes became more about Nelle, I think the tides are turning. I might be wrong but I just have a hunch. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Sonny has now become the GH equivalent of that retired guy who lives in a lot of neighborhoods. He has nothing going on in his life, and no friends or hobbies besides watching TV. (In the version of my youth, there was an antenna on the roof.) When there's nothing on TV, he puts on his coveralls and wanders around the neighborhood getting into everyone's business, offering his unsolicited opinions, which he phrases like orders. Maybe he was in the military a long time ago and is always reminding people of it. No one can stand him. Usually, there's a mousy, timid wife you have to strain to hear when she talks, rather than an equally pushy and loud wife. That's the one deviation from the pattern in the General Hospital version.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Exactly how dumb do Chase and Sasha think Willow and Michael are?  Geeeeeeeez, pretty sure Donna-from-the-Block is rolling her eyes and going "seriously?" at this ploy of theirs. 

Once again, MB's line read in the phone call from Resting the Turning Pages of the Shady Forest was all wrong.  "IS THIS ABOUT MY FATHER?" said in an angry tone is like huh?  First off, why else would Mike's place of residence being calling--to chit chat?  Ask for a coffee delivery?  Secondly, why is he pissed?  The correct tone would've been worry--or even resigned weariness.  But anger? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Exactly how dumb do Chase and Sasha think Willow and Michael are?  Geeeeeeeez, pretty sure Donna-from-the-Block is rolling her eyes and going "seriously?" at this ploy of theirs. 

It's not even how dumb they "think" she is (because they're not thinking). It's them forcing her into a situation she is trying (not super hard, mind you) to detach herself from. 

Willow will never forgive herself. But that's up to her. She made her choice. She loves Wylie, but wants to be with Chase. End of story.

But nope. Breathy kewpie doll has been trying to force Willow into this situation for weeks now, and right after Willow found out her baby had died, and now she roped Chase into it and he is following her like an idiot.

It's the dumb leading the dumb.

What a stupid ass storyline. But Michael has to come off smelling like a rose in all this because God forbid he comes off as anything else but self-sacrificing and noble.

I used to rue the day Michael was born. Now even more. Him and his son can go. I don't care how. This Wylie story has ruined something that was genuinely enjoyable and sweet on the show. 

• Love 14

Oooh! Available on ABC APP.  BOO! It’s like it’s live and I can’t fast forward the Idiot Scenes and SHEBEAST.🤬🤬🤬

SHUTUP, POD!Anna! Violet is neither Robert’s stepdaughter or granddaughter. So bringing up the Robin card just makes you look pathetic.

Oh wow, an AJ mention! And not to drag him through the mud! The fact that the SHEBEAST remains unapologetic for her plans and it blowing up in her face is not surprising. Of COURSE she left out the part how she accused Jayson of hurting her and being a danger when she went lying to the Quartermaines she left out. WHATEVER.

🥰❤️🥰ROBERT!!!!😘❤️😘

• Love 2

Why does Willow think she’ll have any say in how Wiley is raised if the SLS gets custody? That won’t strip Nelle of her parental rights. This is just so GALACTICALLY STOOPID.

Man, I wish Robert would squish Jar Jar Binks for the bug he is.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The family court system in Port Charles is apparently still under the antediluvian opinion that two parents are better than one, even if the two parents are slapped together solely to look good for the court. And Willow has a pretty spotless past, so marrying her specifically is supposedly helpful.

The entire thing is galactically stupid.

Plus, while everyone in Port Charles knows the Corinthos name is synonymous with gangster, and that's a terrible thing (even though they all love Sonny because he is the bestest ever), Michael suddenly going back to being a Quartermaine, a name he has used in the past, was his father's name, and is the name of the company works, well that's just far too obvious. Better have him dump the girl he has been seeing for a year and randomly marry his best friend's girl who, coincidently, also just ended things with someone she had been with for a year. No one will see through that.

Jeez. I almost would buy into this more of he was told to also change his name (can't ever happen because that would be a negative regarding Sonny, of course) along with marrying Willow, but the idea that one is brilliant and the other an obvious ploy just makes my eye twitch.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Once again, MB's line read in the phone call from Resting the Turning Pages of the Shady Forest was all wrong.  "IS THIS ABOUT MY FATHER?" said in an angry tone is like huh?  First off, why else would Mike's place of residence being calling--to chit chat?   

You made me laugh because this reminded me of a stupid nursing home question.  One time I was visiting my grandmother.  When I was got off the elevator a woman in a wheelchair was getting on.  The wheel flipped around and ended up getting stuck in the elevator shaft (not the whole shaft, of course, but the crack under the door if you know what I mean).  I tried to pushing and lifting at the same time to get it unstuck but wasn't having any luck.  So, I ran around to the nurses' desk and told them that a patient's wheelchair was stuck in the elevator.

The nurse looked at me and asked, "Do you mean this is happening now?"

What the heck, lady?  No, it happened last week.  That's why I ran up to the desk instead of casually walking over.  

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

What makes Nelle so different than Valentin? Why can he have his daughter, but she can't have her son? 

Because Charlotte isn't a Corinthos/Quartermaine—plus, girlchild.

54 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Once again, MB's line read in the phone call from Resting the Turning Pages of the Shady Forest was all wrong.  "IS THIS ABOUT MY FATHER?" said in an angry tone is like huh?  First off, why else would Mike's place of residence being calling--to chit chat?  Ask for a coffee delivery?  Secondly, why is he pissed?  The correct tone would've been worry--or even resigned weariness.  But anger? 

MB does this a lot, and when it's not anger, it's exasperation, like the nerve of Mike to get Alzheimer and burden Sonny with it. Either way, it's the wrong emotion, and I wish someone would call him on it.

Add me to the list of people who don't think Holly is really dead. It's just to get Robert out of PC for a while.

• Love 8

I hope that Tristan Rogers and Kathleen Gati will both be back before they run out of new recipes. Let's wrap this Peter stuff up.

If Diane is "the best lawyer on the eastern seaboard", why is Michael marrying Willow the best she can come up with?  I really hope that this and Peter are the two storylines that they throw out rewriting during the quarantine.

2 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

Yeah, it’s like their maturity and honesty with each other is completely thrown out of the window for this ridiculous marriage/custody story.  I keep getting the sense that TIIC are trying to position Michael/CD as a lead or successor to one of the big four, and am not sure the character or the actor is well-positioned for that (though...not a high bar).

Michael is the only one who seems to want to do the right thing in this storyline so I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to position Michael as the new hero, scion of the two main families in Port Charles although MB is holding on to his lead position with everything he has. But the actor who is perfect for the perpetual child of Sonny and Carly doesn't have the charisma or the acting ability to be the lead on the show.

I think Josh Swickard (Chase) could do it but they'll never give the lead to an outsider.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If Diane is "the best lawyer on the eastern seaboard", why is Michael marrying Willow the best she can come up with? 

Well, per Carly, she's pretty, so that makes her perfect.  Literally, that was the first attribute she mentioned when noting how Michael marrying her would solve all the world's problems. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Add me to the list of people who don't think Holly is really dead. It's just to get Robert out of PC for a while.

The only reason I'd like for Holly to be dead would be to clear any obstacles preventing Robert and Anna from getting back together. Let Hayden come back; Finn can discover his true love for her; and they can leave town with Violet, preferably accidentally running over Peter as they speed away. Then Robert and Anna can reunite, Anna can get her brain back, and they can have adventures together. 

Ever since somebody posted a picture of MB that showed his lines written on his hand, I've been amusing myself during his scenes trying to decide if he has actually memorized his lines or if he's reading them. Lots of times in conversations he'll look in the opposite direction of the person he's talking to; today in the kitchen he kept looking down at the counter and I couldn't help but wonder if Moss was hiding something for him.  Hey -- It's made the Sonny scenes go more quickly for me, and it's kept my gorge from rising. 

Edited by rur
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3