Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It wasn't Sam or his children that were the best thing that ever happened to Jason. It was Carly instead.

I could have sworn Jason has expressed similar thoughts about Sonny.

• LOL 1

I know these writers love to play fast and loose with age and timelines but man, this is the worst.  

Young Carly from 1995 is probably around 20 (for the sake of the math).  Which would make her 45 now.  LW is 49, so ok, I'll hand wave that one.

Young Nelle from 1995 was speaking full sentences clearly so was at the very least 3 years old, though the actress looked at least 5.  That would make current Nelle anywhere from 28-30 yrs old now.  CL is 27.  That can be handwaved.

But then the problems begin...

Michael was born onscreen Dec 29 1997, just over a year after Carly showed up in town.  In 2002 he was SORASed when Drew Garret took over the role, then in 2009 he was SORASed when Chad took over.  His birthdate has been changed to Dec 29 1991.........4 years before these flashbacks of Carly in 1995.  

Nina came out of her coma onscreen May 2014.  At the time, they said she had been in the coma for 20 years.  If we take that literally, than it means she went into the coma, pregnant in 1994.  Which means her baby would have been born in 1994 and would not have been at the very least, 3 years old in Frank's living room in 1995.  

Also, Frank had no money.  How would he have gotten Nelle from Madeleine.  Madeleine would have sold off the baby, since she was all about the money.  No way could Frank have bought Nelle from Madeline.  Also, Young Carly, the back child support would have been for Virginia who had to raise your sorry, ungrateful ass.  

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

About the flashbacks. So they were only done because they knew they were going on lockdown? Was it edited (somehow) as coved-19 went on and they realized it might be a lot longer? Did they have just enough footage taped and had to use flashbacks to pad the episodes? I'm just curious when all of this was done.

I've been thinking that originally the All Things Carly episode was supposed to be shown on April 1, to celebrate GH's anniversary, but that Coronavirus preemptions messed with the timeline. I'm not really sure much of anything changed up until that episode. 

Somebody mentioned long reaction shots upthread. I think that lots of times after a scene is shot the camera runs just a little longer before someone yells "cut." So it's entirely possible that those extra seconds started to get added to the scenes once someone saw the writing on the wall about pending shutdowns. If Frank is as bottom-line oriented as some people say, I can't imagine him paying to go back into episodes that are technically ready to go to cut and then pad them. But all of this is just my own thinking, since I've got a lot of time to do that lately. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

About the flashbacks. So they were only done because they knew they were going on lockdown? Was it edited (somehow) as coved-19 went on and they realized it might be a lot longer? Did they have just enough footage taped and had to use flashbacks to pad the episodes? I'm just curious when all of this was done.

They definitely did not have to put in flashbacks. It's just FV padding it out. Who knows, maybe he did it just because he can. He must be antsy not being on the set micromanaging everything.

• LOL 1
4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Michael was born onscreen Dec 29 1997, just over a year after Carly showed up in town.  In 2002 he was SORASed when Drew Garret took over the role, then in 2009 he was SORASed when Chad took over. 

You mean Dylan Cash for the 2002 actor, right? There was SORASing even so. Cash was seven, and Michael would have been four at the time. Garrett arrived in 2009 to play the late-teens Michael, and Duell (slightly older) replaced him in 2010.  

And IF Nelle is Nina’s, then that means she knew Frank and slept with him, yes? Unless Nelle is also adopted? That Madeline took the baby and sold her to Frank? And Silas was the father?

Okay, now my brain hurts.😖😖😖😣😣😣

• Love 2
12 hours ago, nilyank said:

Yeah, just because Nelle has a half-heart necklace in her jewelry box doesn't mean 100% for sure that she is Nina's long lost daughter.

If this show were more subtle (HA!), I'd agree with you. And I know we got that anvilicious scene where Willow looked stunned to see Nina holding the necklace. But I do think Nelle is the long-lost daughter, not Willow. It gives Nina some conflict in the Wiley thing, something DESPERATELY needed, IMO, as it's way too biased against Nelle right now. 

Who cares if Carly's adoption was illegal? At this point, it doesn't make a difference to anything. I also don't care about the time line issues, as SORASing always causes problems. I just roll with it, as irritating (and, sometimes, amusing) as it is.

As for pregnant Carly showing up on Jason's doorstep being the best thing that happened to him, if she hadn't been pregnant, I don't think he'd have taken her in. It was Michael who has always been the important person. Whatever he did for Carly was because she's Michael's mother. 

• Love 2

And IF Nelle is Nina’s, then that means she knew Frank and slept with him, yes? Unless Nelle is also adopted? That Madeline took the baby and sold her to Frank? And Silas was the father?

yeah-- this is where the story falls apart for me. Madeline getting rid of her daughter's coma baby makes sense for her character. But unless Frank was getting money-- a good amount-- I don't see why he'd saddle himself with a kid. 

Also, if Nina's dad left all the money to Nina and not Madeline, I would think keeping Nina's kid around would be a source of income for Madeline.

Now, I appreciate the show making Nelle, Nina's daughter-- because it gives Nelle  somebody to be in her corner, and Nina will want to be in her grandkids life, and puts Nina at odds with baby-collector crew (Sonny & Carly) as well as Willow (firmly on team Michael). 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Nina will want to be in her grandkids life, and puts Nina at odds with baby-collector crew (Sonny & Carly) as well as Willow (firmly on team Michael). 

Don't forget that sociopath in the making, Charlotte! 

42 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

yeah-- this is where the story falls apart for me. Madeline getting rid of her daughter's coma baby makes sense for her character. But unless Frank was getting money-- a good amount-- I don't see why he'd saddle himself with a kid. 

Also, if Nina's dad left all the money to Nina and not Madeline, I would think keeping Nina's kid around would be a source of income for Madeline.

Now, I appreciate the show making Nelle, Nina's daughter-- because it gives Nelle  somebody to be in her corner, and Nina will want to be in her grandkids life, and puts Nina at odds with baby-collector crew (Sonny & Carly) as well as Willow (firmly on team Michael). 

Maybe the show is angling that Frank was into black market adoptions, took Nelle thinking he'd sell her, then something fell thru and he was stuck with her...until she paid dividends by the kidney sale.

Sonny and Carly's heads exploding when they find out Nelle actually has someone in her corner willing to fight as hard and as dirty as them is *chef's kiss.*

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

Nina knew that she was pregnant when she went into the coma; it's possible that she revised her will to put her unborn child as her heir.

If I were writing it, I would have Madeleine thinking to keep Nina's kid around as a back-up plan in case Nina dies and the money goes to someone else in which case Madeleine could bring Janelle forward as the legitimate heir and then take the guardian position.

Frank was always going for the next big payoff; I could see him being will to keep Janelle for an on-going sum hoping for a big payout from Madeleine in the future when she gets the money. He wouldn't have known who Janelle's mother was otherwise he'd have gone straight to Nina as soon as she got out of the coma.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Frank was always going for the next big payoff; I could see him being will to keep Janelle for an on-going sum hoping for a big payout from Madeleine in the future when she gets the money. He wouldn't have known who Janelle's mother was otherwise he'd have gone straight to Nina as soon as she got out of the coma.

You're giving this FAKAKTA show too much credit. No way do they think ahead for how they want stories to unfold or end up. They just "write" on the fly, constantly retconning as they go along. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I thought TPTB were setting Nelle up to be murdered, with about a million Suspects.  

But if she's Nina's daughter, then she's definitely sticking around.

Unless Nina ends up killing her because either she is so horrible that Nina thinks it is the only way to save Wylie or Nina finds out that Nelle set it up to make it seem like she was her daughter but she is not.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

JPS gave it a good try at Frank, but I didn't really buy the casting. He's just not how I'd imagine that character. Too urbane. If they had to double-cast someone who's playing another role on the show, I'd have gone with Brook Lynn's skeevy music producer.

Yeah. He didn't quite hit the right notes.

If Nelle is Nina's daughter, I'm expecting more flashbacks to him, young Nina, and Madeleine (played by ? in a wig).

2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

It makes for much more story potential.  Nina And Her Men has been boring for a long time, as has bffs Nina and Carly, and while I don't miss the original Nina and her crazy eyes at all, she did rip Avery out of her mother's womb and hopefully would do everything she could to keep her grandchild. The Wylie story could use that kind of energy.

She might even understand Nelle's motivation, unlike every. other. person. in this show. 

It's got to be better than Michael marrying Willow and then gifted custody.

ETA: Maybe they could even bring Britt into it since she would understand feeling like an outcast and she's good at getting things her way.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If Nelle is Nina's daughter, I'm expecting more flashbacks to him, young Nina, and Madeleine (played by ? in a wig).

Ava (Maura West).

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Of course they could still do a twins story where both Nelle and Willow are her kids...

I would actually be into this.  Since Nelle is now Willow’s sworn enemy and all.  It would be so soapy.  I think these actresses could handle it.

That being said, Willow is now borderline obsessed with Wiley.  Like, unhealthily so.  She’s transferring all her grief for her own child (which I would have liked to see played out for more than one day) and putting all her energy into Wiley, and it’s too much.

From yesterday:

Nelle - you saw me!

Carly - No I didn’t!  I saw some random little blonde girl.  Wait....that was you?!

Me - who the fuck did you think it was?!?!

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I was ready for the Nelle murder storyline. The actress does nothing for me and the character even less. Yes, I know I'm in the minority there. I am not thrilled with her being Nina's long list daughter. I don't care for that storyline so don't want it keeping Nelle around, especially since it will put Nina against Carly. Ava already foreshadowed that Jax will always choose Carly (the only relationship that ever made Carly bearable) and we get Nina-Valentin redux. Another "who gives a crap" storyline.

• Love 4

I don't agree with their decision to show an episode with Old Jordan today. Just reminded me how much better she was than nu-Jordan. I'm also annoyed, yet again, at how Jason is always such as ass. There was no need for him to treat Franco so horribly when Franco was the entire reason he was able to get into Ferncliff to break Carly out.

Which reminds me that I felt cheated that we never got a story with Jason being conflicted with being grateful to Ava for helping him break out of that prison Peter struck him in and his friendship with Sonny and Carly.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nilyank said:
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Ava (Maura West).

LW!

25 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Which reminds me that I felt cheated that we never got a story with Jason being conflicted with being grateful to Ava for helping him break out of that prison Peter struck him in and his friendship with Sonny and Carly.

Of course not. Jason's supreme moral compass would never allow him to be grateful to Ava. She's OMG TEH EVUL. 

I liked seeing Tams in her big-ass glasses again. I loved them the first time around and I love them now.

• Love 1

Jason's one gesture of gratitude was to demand from Dr. Klein the formula for The Treatment™ so Ava could get the rest of her disfigurement removed. The way he left the flash drive at her place without interacting with her, I think he was saying, "I've paid you back; now you can be DeadToMe." But to his credit, he didn't really have to do that much. She'd never have been any the wiser.  

I have come to really like Chloe Lanier. It's a matter of taste, but I think she has an interesting voice and some range, and she makes me believe that Nelle has a life going on between the scenes we see. Not all soap actors do that, especially the ones in her age range. CL fills spaces as if they're real places. When they used to show Nelle occasionally in that little apartment, I could imagine her having an off-camera existence there.

A big reason I like the character: she goes toe to toe with Carly and matches nastiness for nastiness. Most of Carly's female rivals with any staying power have been burdened with being a better person than she is. Even Ava isn't as brutal in return as she could be.  (Very early Liz could go low. There was the infamous "Sonny lost a baby. You lost a meal ticket" line that sent Carly fans into a rage nationwide. But that was a long time ago.) 

The one thing I wish they'd get Nelle out of, if she's staying long term, is killing the guy in the canoe. Everything else -- making Sonny think he had sex with her, making Carly think Morgan was still alive, leaving Michael in the car, switching the babies -- is within bounds for a soap bad girl. But I wish they hadn't had her admitting to killing Zachary. Even though he wasn't a character we knew, it's a big mark against her. Even if he turned up alive and had a short run on the show, and she had just failed at murder, that would be better.

• Love 6

So I'm referring back to a post I wrote on March 25th --

I'm wondering (hoping) if Chloe Lanier is going to be around (just not on contract) for a while like JPS. I hope so because I love her. It seems to me since she's come back under this writing team that Nelle is being written more as the "bad girl" to Willow's "good girl" rather than a villain. And having that dynamic is such a soap staple and I think works better and keeps CL around.

I also wonder if because of the change of actresses (Cynthia Watros from Michelle Stafford as Nina) and how long it's been, plus with the addition of Harmony--which the show seems to be sticking with as Willow's mother at this point at least, if they are going to change what once was the obvious plan of having Willow as Nina's daughter. What if it turns out to be Nelle instead? (Yes, I know there was that line today, but that could just be to string the expectation of Willow as Nina's daughter along since it's been built up so long now--forever it seems--as that.)

I mean, yeah, it probably will still be Willow, but I personally would love for it to be Nelle. It gives her ties to the canvas--whether people like it or not, Nina is tied to the canvas with her relationship with Maxie--and if Nelle is Nina's daughter, that will change perceptions. Nina will soften towards her, Maxie will follow... and that will lead to other things. Because they both had issues with losing and then getting their children, they will be on her side in wanting to have time with Wiley.

Plus, I'm still holding onto that hope of something happening witIh Nelle and Valentine--they did throw in that line about her asking him out for a drink, even if he refused. Imagine the drama should something actually happen with Nelle and Valentine... and then boom! it comes out that Nelle is actually Nina's daughter.

The thing is I'm thinking now is that there really is simply no drama anymore with Willow as Nina's daughter, but with Nelle... there is so much possibility and story to be had.

And this post (March 30) --

I'm really, really hoping that Nelle is going to be Nina's daughter--and really, really hoping that they are going to go with a twist story and make Willow and Nelle her twin daughters. That way, Nelle can be the "bad girl" and Willow the "good girl," so they can gradually move Nelle away from the villainess role and still keep her on the canvas.

This way it gives her ties to the canvas (both Nelle and Willow), and it allows them to tie into the history of GH so well. It re-tells in a lot of ways the Carly/Bobbie story -- especially if you add in Nelle/Valentine (which I really, really want) -- with a different spin. We have echoes of that storyline, but it has a fresh perspective. And tying into Carly's upcoming episode, possibly reminding viewers of Carly's history (I wonder if they'll just bite the bullet and use the Sarah Brown flashbacks?), it really does all tie in.

There is just so much rich history, gorgeous drama and awesome storytelling potential with Nelle, Nina, Carly, Bobbie, Michael, Sonny the history of AJ and everything... plus if you add in the potential of Nina possibly having twins and Willow is Nelle's sister, we could get the Elizabeth/Sarah or Elizabeth/Hayden sisters story that we never really got told... ooh, boy! I mean, it's just so very, very rich and creates an umbrella story that includes so much of the cast.

And finally this bullet point in this post from Wednesday, April 08 --

I'm also hoping that the OTT hatred that Willow is showing for Nelle--really, she seems to hate her more than anyone, including Carly at this point--along with giving her a reason to dislike Nina again, is because Willow will also be Nina's daughter. Meaning... yes, we're going to get Nelle and Willow as both Nina's daughters. Having a "good girl" and "bad girl" twins relationship would be so messy and soapy and dramatic. Especially with all of the players involved. And, boy, would it create tons and tons of story.

To say... that, well, I was totes right about:

A) Nelle being Nina's daughter.

B) Carly's episode being used as a way to remind viewers of Carly's past and connect Carly and Nelle.

So, maybe, maybe, just maybe, I will be right about C ) and Willow will be Nina's daughter also making her and Nelle twins and *that* is why they are really making her hatred of Nelle so over-the-top. Because it really, really is.

10 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The one thing I wish they'd get Nelle out of, if she's staying long term, is killing the guy in the canoe. Everything else -- making Sonny think he had sex with her, making Carly think Morgan was still alive, leaving Michael in the car, switching the babies -- is within bounds for a soap bad girl. But I wish they hadn't had her admitting to killing Zachary. Even though he wasn't a character we knew, it's a big mark against her. Even if he turned up alive and had a short run on the show, and she had just failed at murder, that would be better.

I agree. And I think they can easily retcon that. That's something I think they will do depending on well the Nelle as Nina's daughter and any rehabilitation attempt works.

As for Frank and why he'd have Nelle and keep her, that was one thing that made perfect sense to me. They explained with his line to Caroline about how he got her for Virginia. He knew a baby broker. So, Frank knew a baby broker... and Frank needed money. Madeline needed to sell a baby (or two--if it is going to be a twins story--psst! Willow!) She contacted the baby broker and the baby broker knew just who to call who would want the cash quickly no questions asked. Voila!

Quick.... PAGING FRANK BENSON! The problem for Frank is that once he had the baby (possibly two), he wasn't able to get rid of both of them so he had to keep one. That makes sense.

Actually Nina having twins makes MORE sense with this story. Frank probably DID have a family all ready for a baby, but then Nina had twins so because Madeline probably offered him more--no way was he going to say no--he took it. He figured he could find another desperate person to find a home for baby #2, but he wasn't able to and so was stuck with #2... and voila! That's how Nelle got stuck with Frank Benson as a daddy.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, TVbitch said:

So.... they are not actually going to air classic episodes, just episodes from the last couple years? Blah. 

I turned it on, saw 2 seconds, and noped on out.  YNR is killing it with their classics.  Come on GH, you can do better!

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I turned it on, saw 2 seconds, and noped on out.  YNR is killing it with their classics.  Come on GH, you can do better!

They aren’t even trying with the episodes they are choosing to repeat and using flashbacks to strech out their episodes. I’m going to laugh when their rating start falling while so many people are at home during the day. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, driver18 said:

her hatred of Nelle so over-the-top. Because it really, really is.

Everyone's is a bit extreme, IMO. The Corinthii have legit reasons to hate her, as does Chase, but everyone else is going overboard. Sasha to curry favor with Michael, Willow because she's likely headed to Ferncliffe or shooting Nelle or something.

Considering the baby stuff seems to be peaking, I don't think showing the episode with the swap was wrong. I'd rather see something not connected to a current story, but that episode does give everyone who hasn't watched regularly a good foundation for what's happening now.

• Love 3

I think FV doesn’t want to show real classics because he thinks people will forget what’s currently going on with the current storylines. LOL!!!! He wouldn’t even show Carly #1 & Carly #2 because it could upset Carly #4. Just joking but not really. 

The Friday “classics” are saving them time. I’m not sure when the soaps are returning to tape but I had heard it’s probably early May. Although, all of Hollywood is shut down it will be interesting to see who makes the first move to get back to work just like us real people in the workforce. 

1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

Edited by ByaNose
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Everyone's is a bit extreme, IMO. The Corinthii have legit reasons to hate her, as does Chase, but everyone else is going overboard. Sasha to curry favor with Michael, Willow because she's likely headed to Ferncliffe or shooting Nelle or something.

Yes, it is, but WIllow's is WAY, WAY OTT, tied in with other things I've noticed it may be to ramp up issues with a sibling relationship. Like I said, Willow appears to hate her more than Carly and Michael at this point.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't disagree. I think Willow's anger is going to lead to something, that's what I'm saying.

You have more faith in this show than I do.

It could be that Willow's cray is just to justify whatever Carly and Sasha are going to do, and to emphasize how terrible Nelle is for suing GH. I have no faith that they won't blow up Willow/Chase for Michael and Sasha even though the former are better actors.

• Love 2

Okay so caught this on demand.

Me at Jaysus saving SheBeast and the Slo-Mo as he drags here away: 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄Even through fast forwarding.

So, since I was on the barge, can someone enlighten me: was the marriage to Chloe fake? Or did SLS divorce her when she was in prison?

As for the intro, now we know which twin is used for the Wiley just staring off into space and not reacting (the one on our left) and the smiling, laughing, and chatty Wiley (on our right)! I loved the blowing kisses!

The slow motion of Brad dropping the milk bottle was premature. They should have showed him trying to wake Wiley, shake him or check for his breathing FIRST.

But this is the FAKAKTA GH, after all.

I loved Jordan telling Chase his job was to locate Obrecht, instead of going after his new besties, Mooby and SLS.

57 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

You have more faith in this show than I do.

It could be that Willow's cray is just to justify whatever Carly and Sasha are going to do, and to emphasize how terrible Nelle is for suing GH. I have no faith that they won't blow up Willow/Chase for Michael and Sasha even though the former are better actors.

The worst part of it is that they are probably just going to couple swap even though Sasha is boring and well past her expiration date on the show. She really should have been written out after it was revealed that she wasn’t Nina’s daughter. They should be using this as an opportunity to put Chase with someone else. I think Chase is pretty but he’s kinda dull and he needs to be put with someone with more personality to liven him up. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, since I was on the barge, can someone enlighten me: was the marriage to Chloe fake? Or did SLS divorce her when she was in prison?

Yes it was fake. I think they used the invisible ink pen on the papers so it wasn't valid. They all tricked Nelle cause Michael was onto her.  Or maybe not all of them but Ned was involved. 

Edited by pinkandsparkly13
Added something

I think they want to use this drah-ma for Nina and Jax's relationship.  Once more they've brought up Jax's black market kidney purchase.  I'm sure once Nina realizes she's in lurrve with Jax, she will learn the truth of what happened to her real daughter and his culpability.  Which will probably send her back to Valentin.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It was faked using invisible ink and complicit Ned. Michael and co. wanted to convince Nelle that she had won and was getting everything that she wanted. Then the plan was for Nelle to find out that Michael named his unborn child as his sole heir if anything happened to him. Chase pretended to fall Nell all over again and that he would run away with her if she wasn't with Michael. Knowing Nelle as well as they both did, they were not surprised when Nelle asked Chase to help her kill Michael. 

Chase claimed to find a device that would blow up a car after it drove a certain distance and it would look like an accident. Nelle planned for Michael to drop her off in one location and then have him go in another direction so the car would blow up and she would be left the grieving widow miles away from the scene of the explosion. However, Michael ended up driving somewhere else and as they got closer to the mileage to activate the device (which wasn't real by the way), he was finally able to get Nelle to confess to killing her first fiance and then her successful plan to gaslight Carly.

25 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I think they want to use this drah-ma for Nina and Jax's relationship.  Once more they've brought up Jax's black market kidney purchase.  I'm sure once Nina realizes she's in lurrve with Jax, she will learn the truth of what happened to her real daughter and his culpability.  Which will probably send her back to Valentin.

She already knows. He told her this past week what he did. Even if it’s a fucking retcon.

3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She already knows. He told her this past week what he did. Even if it’s a fucking retcon.

I don't know why they had Jax get his hands so dirty on this. He literally bought an organ from a child (no matter what screwy sorased does with the characters ages).  It should be Jerry who found out from their mother about what was going on with Joss and used his associations with questionable character to get that kidney. It still could have been Frank instead of the complete BS story that Frank had been writing to Carly for years once she married into money and Jax decided to open a letter and realize the man was desperate for money.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She already knows.

She already knows Nelle is her daughter?  'Cause what he did to a total stranger probably gets a free pass, but her long lost daughter, not so much.

It's like Indiana Jones agreeing "Mutt" didn't need to go to school, then he found out the guy was his kid and yells and Marion, "Why didn't you make him go to school?".

• LOL 1

Did they change something recently about Jax getting the kidney? Between when he told Carly what he did a couple years ago and what he told Nina this week? I did FF a lot this past week with all the stupid flashbacks. Idk, that would be weird of Nina to get mad at him just because she finds out Nelle is her daughter. And going back to Valentin?! Lol well I suppose then they'll make it that she'll be happy to learn that Val kept Nelle from going back to prison....of course! If they're gonna try to put them back together. Oh and she can be happy that he's trying to take over ELQ. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ciarra said:

She already knows Nelle is her daughter?  'Cause what he did to a total stranger probably gets a free pass, but her long lost daughter, not so much.

It's like Indiana Jones agreeing "Mutt" didn't need to go to school, then he found out the guy was his kid and yells and Marion, "Why didn't you make him go to school?".

No, but she knows it was Nelle. How could he know she was her daughter? Of course this show will do this, but she’s already told Jax what he did was out of love for his child.

But it’s not as if Nelle isn’t living a full life. She is. But, whatever. If they use this as an excuse to break them up, I won’t shed any tears.

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

but she’s already told Jax what he did was out of love for his child.

So will Nina do the same for her daughter when she finds out? Or will she go sanctimonious (after having stolen a baby herself)?

4 hours ago, nilyank said:

It was faked using invisible ink and complicit Ned.

Fraud really is the go-to for the Corinthos/Quartermaine clan.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

Chase claimed to find a device that would blow up a car after it drove a certain distance and it would look like an accident. Nelle planned for Michael to drop her off in one location and then have him go in another direction so the car would blow up and she would be left the grieving widow miles away from the scene of the explosion. However, Michael ended up driving somewhere else and as they got closer to the mileage to activate the device (which wasn't real by the way), he was finally able to get Nelle to confess to killing her first fiance and then her successful plan to gaslight Carly.

But let's not forget Michael was stupid enough to tell her the plan to entrap her WHILE HE WAS DRIVING, which enabled Nelle to grab the steering wheel, cause the accident, and leave Michael in the car, etc., etc. Yes, I know it was necessary to get the baby-switch story started, but it left viewers across the country yelling at their TVs because Michael's actions were so stupid.

• Love 3
On 4/11/2020 at 3:15 PM, ffwbe said:

I think Chase is pretty but he’s kinda dull and he needs to be put with someone with more personality to liven him up. 

The obvious pairing for Chase is Nelle, as a kind of "you-are-bad-but-I-can't-quit-you" type thing.  As people have said upthread, it would be a small matter to retcon that Nelle didn't kill her fiance in the canoe - maybe Nelle didn't deliberately sabotage the canoe, just failed to take some safety measure and therefore believes she was responsible, or she was tricked and set up - and the truth coming out draws Chase back to her side.

• Useful 1